Cakes by Cecile Reviews

28 | Columbus, OH

28 Reviews for Cakes by Cecile

Becca · Married on 08/01/2009

3.5

The cake was absolutely gorgeous! It looked and tasted exactly how we expected. We were so happy with it and heard lots of great compliments from our guests. We will be calling Cecile to make a smaller version for our first anniversary for sure!

Sent on 04/18/2010

3.4
      3.5
      3.0
      3.0

Cecile's cakes are amazing- there is no doubt about it. Her mango flavor is amazing (it's not too fruity tasting- just enough flavor that it doesn't taste like normal dry cake) and she can do some incredible decorations. My cake looked exactly like what I was hoping for! She really is so great. However, working with Cecile was the most stressful part of my wedding. She always seemed to forget what flavors I had ordered, and for how many people, and asked me for a picture of my vision after I had left one with her at the tasting and had also e-mailed it to her later. Luckily, everything turned out perfectly. But, not exactly what I wanted to be dealing with in the weeks leading up to my wedding when I was so organized.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Danielle · Married on 02/21/2009

0.5
      2.0
      0.5
      1.0

I used Cecile for my wedding..She did not make the kind of cake i wanted..She put a horrible tasting filling in my cake which i did not order.It was soggy..I got to the reception area..my cake was leaning looking like it was going to fall..she did not lison on how i wanted my cake to look like..All of my guest told me the cake was not good at all..I had alot of leftovers..I do feel for what i paid i could of got a better cake from walmart..i would not choose her for your special day

Sent on 04/28/2010

Cakes by Cecile's reply:

I do not agree with your review. I have a picture of your cake, and your cake was perfect and it was not leaning at all. I even sent you a copy and I'm sure you received it. I also disagree with your comment about the taste of the filling and the flavor of the cake. I am sure your guests enjoyed them. I did two wedding cakes that weekend and the other bride's name is Tesa . You have the same flavor of the cake, according to her review everybody enjoyed her cake. The only mistakes that I made to your cake was I put strawberry in the filling. I know that was your main complaint. We settled that already last year, and I gave some of your money back, and I already apologized to you for that mistake. I always care about my clients and I will never do anything to ruin the happiest day of their lives.