Cakes by Carissa Reviews

Cakes by Carissa 6
Cakes by Carissa 7

Melina · Married on 08/27/2019

Wedding cake

Amazing cake just out of this world! Chocolate with hazelnut was delicious. My guests were impressed.

Sent on 09/20/2019
    Cakes by Carissa 8
  • Nancy

Nancy Mao · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful and Delicious Wedding Cake!

Everyone at our wedding loved the cake! Carissa did a excellent job creating the beautiful cake. Also, it tastes very delicious!!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Cakes by Carissa 9

Cakes by Carissa's reply:

Thank you Nancy! I loved creating your cake eveything looked so beautiful. I wish you all the Best!
    Thanks again!
  • Erin

Erin Hiers · Married on 05/17/2019

Carissa was great to work with!

Carissa did a great job on our cake and was great to work with. She catered to our small wedding and delivered us the cake at a time that worked best for us. The cake tasted great, I highly recommend the carrot cake! Check out her Instagram too!!! I will definitely use her again in the future.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Cakes by Carissa's reply:

Thank you Erin! I'm so happy I was able to make your wedding cake! : ) Congratulations!

Alexia · Married on 03/24/2019

OUT OF THIS WORLD service and cake!

Carissa did our wedding cake and she truly outdid herself. My guests were raving about it (and still do to this day). It was seriously one of the most delicious cakes I’ve ever had, we ate leftovers for probably longer than we should’ve because it was still so good lol! When we met with Carissa for our tasting I didn’t really have huge expectations because I work in the wedding industry and have tasted MANY wedding cakes. So I just kinda expected a typical wedding cake, but NO… When we tasted our little trial cake pieces me and my then fiancé looked at each other like are you serious. That sounds dumb because its just cake, but I’m so serious, it was the best cake we’ve ever had. It was so good that my plain self had went from insisting on just the typical wedding cake flavor do also doing half strawberry, it was amazing! But not only was the flavor out of this world, she took my group of 5 images that I liked certain things from each and made this beautiful sketch that was like she could read my mind. It was perfect, but never did I ever imagine how amazingly perfect it would really be. She delivered our cake early so our photographers could capture it in plenty of time and was so flexible and kind throughout the process. She even let me send her a swatch of my bridesmaid dresses so the blue drip would be spot on and IT WAS!! I can’t recommend her enough, let her do all of your cakes, I know she’ll forever do mine!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Cakes by Carissa 10
    Cakes by Carissa 11
    Cakes by Carissa 12

Kathy Parker · Married on 03/16/2019

Carissa was incredible to work with! She is so professional and down to earth...just lovely!

We knew as soon as we met for the tasting we were going to use Cakes by Carissa! Her cakes are delicious and we couldn’t have been happier! We had a 2 tier semi naked cake with mini cupcakes in assorted flavors! Red velvet with cream cheese was a personal favorite!

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Cakes by Carissa 13
  • W

Whitney Hardwick · Married on 10/28/2018

Strawberry and banana dreams

Carissa really outdid herself by creating a DELICIOUS strawberry and banana cake for my wedding this past October. Her cakes are not only gorgeous but they taste amazing! So light and fluffy but packed with flavor! Thank you Carissa!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Cakes by Carissa 14

Danielle S · Married on 10/28/2018

100% recommend

We learned about Carissa from a friend's wedding. We are so glad we did, because Carissa is amazing. Her cakes were so fresh, she was quick to respond to emails, and she made the cakes look exactly how we envisioned. The wedding cake was white cake with raspberry and cream cheese fillings. The groom's cake was a tiered cookie cake (!!!) with incredible frosting.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Nora · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely one of the best cakes we have tried. She was amazing. It happened to be a last minute order & she made it happen. She was very professional!!

Sent on 09/26/2017
  • Kristin

Kristin Moffett · Married on 10/13/2018

Just perfect

My husband(!) and I were just married this past weekend and we were thrilled to have Carissa make the cake for our wedding. It was perfect and even better than I had envisioned! Carissa is truly fantastic. She was so easy to work with the whole way through. She flexibly managed our cake tasting to accommodate us, quickly and perfectly understood our vision for the day, made the logistics of payment super easy, and most importantly created a GORGEOUS and DELICIOUS cake for us and our loved ones. 10 out of 10 would do again!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Alexia

Alexia · Married on 10/13/2018

BEST cake ever!

WOW! 30 characters is not enough to cover how phenomenal Carissa is! Not only is she so kind and flexible, but she brought our dream wedding cake to life! It was by far the best cake I have ever tasted and still a week later its absolutely delicious! It was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen, so perfectly stacked and decorated, and I've seen 100+ cakes since I'm a wedding photographer! Do yourself a favor and choose Carissa for your wedding cake needs, you'll thank me later!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Heaven · Married on 08/31/2018

Carissa was AWESOME. She was so kind and accommodating, had no problems creating the vision my husband and I had for our cake, and to top it all off, everything was DELICIOUS. All our guests raved about it, from how unique and beautiful the design was, to how fantastic and tasty the cake itself was - we had to fight them off to take the remainder home!
    Additionally, Carissa was very sweet and professional, and I will always recommend her to anyone who needs a cake for anything in that area. She had no problem doing everything by email, as my husband and I live in FL and she operates in the North GA/ATL area, and she was very easy to keep in contact with. :)

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Cakes by Carissa 15
    Cakes by Carissa 16

Tae · Married on 08/31/2018

Carissa was the sweetest ever and definitely was willing to work with me since I lived out of town, she made the best cake we have ever tasted, and I can’t wait to share pictures! Definitely will recommend her to everyone I can!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2018

Carissa was amazing. We met with her for our tasting and loved the flavors we tasted. However we did one additional tasting with a much larger company and fell in love with one of their specialty cake flavors. Being small business owners ourselves, we really wanted to use Carissa's services if we could, so we asked her if she was willing to step outside her comfort zone and make us a cake with the flavor we had loved. To our excitement she was more than happy to do some experimenting for us and when the day came, the cake was absolutely delicious! EVERYONE RAVED ABOUT OUR CAKE ALL NIGHT. Our other vendors all even asked us for her contact info because they loved the cake so much and wanted to recommend her when they have opportunities. Carissa knocked the design of our cake out of the park as well. We will absolutely be asking Carissa to make us a cake sometime in the future when we have an anniversary celebration!!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Cakes by Carissa 17

Meaghan · Married on 04/28/2018

Carissa was amazing to work with! My fiancé and I wanted something unique--a tiered cookie cake wedding cake. We contacted several bakers and they immediately said "No way!" Not Carissa! She said yes, and she had made one before, so we felt confident in her abilities! Our cake was stunning and delicious. We are still getting compliments. I would highly recommend Carissa for your wedding cake.

Sent on 05/09/2018
    Cakes by Carissa 18

Kate · Married on 03/31/2018

Carissa and her cakes were absolutely wonderful! When we initially met with Carissa she had samples of two different kinds of cake of our choice. I showed her a couple pictures on pinterest that I found and she made it happen. Carissa was very responsive to all of our questions, and her pricing on her cakes was reasonable too. I would highly recommend Cakes by Carissa to anyone!

P.S. Her strawberry cake with vanilla filling is to die for!

Sent on 04/25/2018
    Cakes by Carissa 19
    Cakes by Carissa 20
    Cakes by Carissa 21

Cakes by Carissa's reply:

Thanks so much for the sweet words Kate! I appreciate your business and loved being apart of your special day!

Thanks again! : )

Meghann · Married on 03/31/2018

Carissa made our cake for our intimate lakeside wedding. Working with Carissa was a joy! She was super easy to communicate with and set up meeting times that were conducive to our crazy schedules. Not only is she professional, her talent shines through. Our cake was delicious- everyone complimented us on it (like we actually made it haha). I couldn't get enough of the buttercream and the strawberry cake was perfection. It was been difficult to save the top layer for our anniversary- we want to eat it now!

Sent on 04/26/2018
    Cakes by Carissa 22
    Cakes by Carissa 23

Cakes by Carissa's reply:

Thank you Meghann! I loved working with you guys and being apart of your special day!

Katie · Married on 03/09/2018

Carissa is a true joy to work with! My husband and I enjoyed every bit of our experience with her. The cake tasting was so fun (and obviously delicious!) She designs your cakes, and makes the process so easy on the bride and groom. Our cakes were better than we could have imagined on the day of! They were gorgeous, and tasted amazing. Our guests are still talking about our cakes, and we are so glad that we chose for Carissa to make our cakes! We will be using her again in the future!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2018
    Cakes by Carissa 24
    Cakes by Carissa 25
    Cakes by Carissa 26

Patricia · Married on 09/16/2017

I don't think I have enough amazing things to say but wow! Carissa was just so unbelievably amazing and accommodating at every turn. She was able to take my exact vision and gave me exactly what I wanted for our wedding cake! Not just that but the cake and the cupcakes we ordered were THE most delicious I've ever eaten. Hire for your wedding or any other event, I promise you will not regret it!

Thanks for everything, Carissa!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Ashleigh · Married on 09/01/2017

My husband and I had a consultation with Carissa to create our wedding cake. She was a pleasure to work with, and she made the wedding cake process easy while capturing our vision perfectly! When I saw the cake the day of our wedding, I was amazed because it was even more beautiful than I imagined & delicious, too! All of my guests were raving about the red velvet! Thank you so much Carissa, you are wonderful at what you do!

Ashleigh & Anthony

Sent on 09/09/2017

Hayley · Married on 04/29/2017

I was so impressed by Carissa! I was pretty determined to have a cookie wedding cake for our special day. We originally were going with another baker, but after the first baker told me a cookie cake was a bad idea we quickly hunted for another and stumbled across Carissa. We were not disappointed by our 16 layer cookie cake with butter cream icing! It was beautiful and delicious! Thank you!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Stacy · Married on 04/15/2017

Carissa is very talented! I had a small vision of what I had in mind; I gave her a little insight along with materials and she ran with it! I am still receiving so many compliments on the flavor/taste. I would use her again for a variety of occasions!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Becky · Married on 04/08/2017

Cakes By Carissa provided the wedding cake for my daughter's wedding. The cake was delicious! Carissa was wonderful to work with. She met with us early on and provided several samples for us to taste. She was very flexible as we changed the size of the cake a couple of times. Carissa will provide you a delicious cake and wonderful service. I highly recommend Cakes By Carissa.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/08/2017

Loved using Cakes by Carissa! The entire experience was stress free, and the cake was delicious! Our wedding was April 8th, 2017. Carissa was a joy to work with, and I would definitely hire her again in the future. Fabulous experience.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Pru · Married on 03/25/2017

Carissa was amazing, and the cake....there almost aren't words to describe how perfect it was, but I will give it a shot. Visually, our cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what we wanted (better, in fact, than I could've imagined). And the taste was unreal. Everyone loved it, and I am just so glad that we found and hired Carissa! She is so kind, patient, and exceptionally talented. I would've happily paid much more for the gorgeous, delicious cake she created for us, and I really cannot say enough good things about her.

Sent on 03/30/2017
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 03/03/2017

Absolutely LOVED our wedding and grooms cake from Carissa! Months before my husband and I even got engaged, I was dreaming of having her make our wedding cake. They were beautiful AND delicious! Our guests were obsessed and many said it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. In addition to the phenomenal cakes, she is so nice and professional. I can't wait to get more cakes from Carissa!

Sent on 03/24/2017