Cakemakers Etc Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

32 Cakemakers Etc Reviews
  • Z

Zack · Married on 06/23/2018

Upon making initial contact with Cakemakers we received an immediate response. Dan "The Cakeman" Carey arranged for a personalized consultation and cake testing and took the time to get to know us as a couple. He helped us develop our ideas and pull our vision together - not only for the cake but with our entire reception, which Cakemakers also catered. In the end our cake was UNIQUE, ARTFUL, STUNNING, and delicious. We could not have been more pleased. Our brunch food was wonderful and the staff was well trained and professional. We could not recommend Cakemakers more highly!!!!

Sent on 06/24/2018
    Cakemakers Etc 1

Cakemakers Etc's reply:

Thank you so kindly for the blessing and opportunity to have been a part of this very “special” day!! You two have been such a blessing to me and the entire CAKEMAKERS CREATIVE CUSTOM CREW! Best Wishes for a lifetime of love! Confectionally Yours, Dan “the Cakeman”
  • #

Shai · Married on 06/09/2017

I absolutely fell in love with Dan the cake man and his work!!!! He took time out of his very busy schedule to sit down and explain to me what we needed to do and talk to me about what I was wanting!!! I am so looking forward to working with him in the future ??

Tabitha · Married on 05/13/2017

Dan was so easy to work with a did a beautiful job on our wedding cake and grooms cake. He also decorated the cake with flowers and supplied the cake stand.

Pegie · Married on 01/01/2017

I don't even know where to begin my accolades for Dan the Cake Man...we visited him just a few weeks before the wedding for the first time. He took the pictures and ideas that I had for my cake and ran with them offering me suggestions that turned my wedding from simple into a truly elegant and beautiful affair. Our cake and cupcakes were stunning and delicious!!!! He was so easy to work with and we couldn't have asked for better communication with a wedding professional. Dan, thank you for your part in our day!!!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Cakemakers Etc's reply:

Thank you so very much for the kind words. I strive to exceed expectation with every cake I produce. I appreciate the opportunity to have been a part of this very "special" day! Best Wishes...Dan "the Cakeman"

Jerry · Married on 10/29/2016

He is prompt, professional, his cakes are a piece of art and the taste is OUT OF THIS WORLD!! Anyone having any kind of event, should use this guy above anyone in Chattanooga and the surrounding area!!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Cakemakers Etc's reply:

Thank you so very much for the kind and encouraging words. I really do appreciate your review! Dan "the Cakeman"

Christy · Married on 05/14/2016

Dan and his team done an incredible job on my graduation cake! I provided them with a picture and they turned it into a masterpiece. The presentation and taste were incredible and RAVED about by all guests.
    Cakemakers, etc. website is beautifully designed and the pictures are a great touch, which lends to creativity for someone trying to make the decision on cake design.

I highly recommend Cakemakers!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Cakemakers Etc's reply:

Thank you Christy for the kind words. It was our pleasure to have been a part of such a "red letter" day for you!! Dan "the Cakeman" And Cakemakers Creative Custom Crew CAKEMAKERS.COM

Hollye · Married on 10/24/2015

Dan was amazing from the very first meeting I knew we were going to get the perfect cake and I couldn't have been more right. It looked beautiful and it tasted great, so it is possible!! Everyone went back for seconds and some for thirds. I highly recommended carmakers!!!

These cakes are not just Beautiful they Taste Awesome!
    I had Red Velvet for Grooms Cake tasted Yummy ....
    Wedding Cake was Delicious ... Everyone at Wedding
    Was talking how Beautiful & They both tasted Yummy ...

Sent on 02/17/2016

Cakemakers Etc's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!

Our wedding cake was the focal point of our reception. This was my second wedding and my dress was champagne colored. Dan captured that color for my cake and embellished it with beautiful detail. It exceeded all my expectations. It was beautiful and extremely tasty.

Dan the Cake Man is amazing! Besides being beautiful, his cakes are absolutely delicious. He did a wonderful job with our Lego-themed cakes, and he really takes the time to work on the presentation at the venue. Everyone loved the cakes.

Rebecca · Married on 05/22/2014

Before I had planned anything for my wedding I knew I was calling Dan the cake man for the cakes. We have used cake makers for all kinda of occasions but especially for all of my friends and families weddings. Dan is awesome he will walk you through the process and help you pick the perfect cake. If you want traditional or something a little different dan the cake man and the staff at Cakemakers are the best!

Dan the Cakeman certainly lived up to his name! He created an amazing cake for my daughter's wedding! Many wedding cakes are pretty to look at but taste horrible - but not Dan's!

The guests commented on how moist and delicious the cake was! I promised to pass the compliments along to the baker! So, Dan - here's to YOU!

Dan - THANK YOU! You are amazing!

Dan "the Cakeman" Carey is absolutely amazing! I was able to tell him what I wanted and he delivered exactly that and much more. The wedding cake looked beautiful and tasted as good as it looked. Instead of using fondant like TLC the Cake Boss that sometimes doesn't taste good, Dan used real icing and smoothed it out and made it look even more polished. All of my guest thought that the wedding cake was best they ever had! Dan "the Cakeman" really outdid himself! I'm looking forward to eating the top of my cake for out first anniversary!

Dan the Cake man's cakes look as amazing as they taste. We had him do both our bride's and groom's cakes and we couldn't be happier.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Cakemakers Etc's reply:

Thank you ANONYMOUS...I KNOW who you are!!! It was such a pleasure meeting the two of you and your family and friends who helped you with the initial consultation. PLEASE SEND ME A PIC OF BOTH OF YOUR CAKES FOR ME TO PLACE IN MY ALBUMS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE BEEN A PART OF YOUR "SPECIAL" DAY! CONFECTIONALLY YOURS, Dan "the CAKEMAN"
  • User2202426 · 2+ years ago

Dan the Cakeman was one of my favorite vendors! My husband and I had a very quick engagement (4 1/2 months) so many vendors were already booked by the time we started our search. When I first contacted Cakemakers I was told they were booked for my date, after a few emails back and forth I received one from Dan saying "What is one more, I'll do it"! This was music to my ears! I had been to a few weddings before who had used him so I knew his cakes were amazing but I do believe ours were the best! He immediately jumped on board to my husbands idea of an orange and white checker board UT cake! Not only did our cakes look amazing but they tasted even better! Thank you "Dan the Cakeman" for being so easy to work with and just an overall joy!

I tried one of Dan's cakes at a wedding expo. After trying many other samples, I knew his was the cake I had to have at my wedding! Dan created a beautiful cake for me that matched my colors perfectly, and a fishing themed groom's cake for my husband. Both cakes were GONE.

• Twyla

Twyla · Married on 07/24/2010

My wedding cake was perfect! We got a groom's cake also, and it was a special design that Dan had never done before, and it was perfect too. We got a coulple of 8" rounds with samples of different icings and fillings before the wedding so we could decide the combo we liked best. Best of all Dan uses some type of buttercream icing that looks as good as fondant, but tastes MUCH better. I didn't worry about my cakes at all. Dan is a true professional, and a perfectionist.

• Jwilkins1976

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2009

Fabulous wedding cake. I couldn't be happier. We were amazed that he let us take home a few cakes to decide!

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2007

Dan Carey makes without a doubt the BEST tasting and looking cakes in town! I have never been so satisfied with anything in my life! My wedding cakes were delivered and looked absolutely perfect! Many of my friends wedding cakes did not even compare to the way my Bridal cake tasted and looked. He is very creative and did a great job with the Groom's cake as well! The best part is, Dan lets you have (3) 8'' round cakes to sample prior to deciding on what kind of cake flavor you want to choose for your cake, so you know what kind of quality you are getting.

Kristen · Married on 05/02/2009

I used Dan for making my wedding cake, had someone else make the Groom's Cake. He is very nice to work with. Before ordering the cake he had two cakes for me to take home to try first. They were all so good, was very difficult to make a decision on which one. His frosting looks like fondant, but isn't....which was VERY important to me. It was as smooth as fondant, looked great, tasted great. He'll help you come up with any design to fit your budget and delivers it as well. Would highly recommend him. Unfortunately didn't get to eat much of it on the wedding day, but can't wait for our year anniversary to try it again. :)

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2016

We were connected to Dan through our wedding planner (Tina Murray), and are so glad she provided that contact. Dan is an artist with baked goods. He worked with our budget and our preferences, and provided beautiful, delicious cakes. He's certainly one of -- if not THE -- best in town.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Cakemakers Etc's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate the opportunity to have been a part of this very "special" day!! Best Wishes!!
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 08/06/2011

Dan the Cakeman was great! My cake was beautiful AND tasty. The only minor complaint I would have is that he is hard to get ahole of sometimes. However, that was more than made up for when I saw my cake on my wedding day! Definitely use Dan - I found him to be the best deal and taste, and I did tons of research!

Nikki · Married on 05/17/2008

The cakes are delicious! Dan is a very creative guy and can design any cake you want. He is great at working with the florist and coming up with ideas. He did both our wedding cake and a red velvet armadillo groom's cake and they were both a huge hit!

Shelby · Married on 06/16/2006

We booked Cakemakers, Etc. for both our wedding and groom's cakes, and they turned out beautifully. Dan was willing to work with us on the price and what he could do for us, and he was very accomodating. Everything turned out even better than I expected, and I have wonderful pictures of both of our cakes. Not only did they look great but probably more importantly, they tasted great too!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/17/2008

3.5

Dan's Cakes are delicious! And the fact that he delivers helped me in a great way!