31 Reviews for Cakemakers Etc

Setup (1)
Private Tastings (1)
Cake Stands (1)
31 Cakemakers Etc Reviews

I absolutely fell in love with Dan the cake man and his work!!!! He took time out of his very busy schedule to sit down and explain to me what we needed to do and talk to me about what I was wanting!!! I am so looking forward to working with him in the future ??

Profile Picture Shai, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Dan was so easy to work with a did a beautiful job on our wedding cake and grooms cake. He also decorated the cake with flowers and supplied the cake stand.

Profile Picture Tabitha , 5/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

I don't even know where to begin my accolades for Dan the Cake Man...we visited him just a few weeks before the wedding for the first time. He took the pictures and ideas that I had for my cake and ran with them offering me suggestions that turned my wedding from simple into a truly elegant and beautiful affair. Our cake and cupcakes were stunning and delicious!!!! He was so easy to work with and we couldn't have asked for better communication with a wedding professional. Dan, thank you for your part in our day!!!

Profile Picture Pegie, 1/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

He is prompt, professional, his cakes are a piece of art and the taste is OUT OF THIS WORLD!! Anyone having any kind of event, should use this guy above anyone in Chattanooga and the surrounding area!!

Profile Picture Jerry, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We were connected to Dan through our wedding planner (Tina Murray), and are so glad she provided that contact. Dan is an artist with baked goods. He worked with our budget and our preferences, and provided beautiful, delicious cakes. He's certainly one of -- if not THE -- best in town.

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
3.6

Very nice people, but could be a little more professional. We used the catering through this business as well and it wasn't what we hoped it would be. The cakes were beautiful and delicious.

Profile Picture Savannah, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Dan and his team done an incredible job on my graduation cake! I provided them with a picture and they turned it into a masterpiece. The presentation and taste were incredible and RAVED about by all guests.
Cakemakers, etc. website is beautifully designed and the pictures are a great touch, which lends to creativity for someone trying to make the decision on cake design.

I highly recommend Cakemakers!!

Profile Picture Christy, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Dan was amazing from the very first meeting I knew we were going to get the perfect cake and I couldn't have been more right. It looked beautiful and it tasted great, so it is possible!! Everyone went back for seconds and some for thirds. I highly recommended carmakers!!!

Profile Picture Hollye, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

These cakes are not just Beautiful they Taste Awesome!
I had Red Velvet for Grooms Cake tasted Yummy ....
Wedding Cake was Delicious ... Everyone at Wedding
Was talking how Beautiful & They both tasted Yummy ...

Profile Picture User6375985, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was the focal point of our reception. This was my second wedding and my dress was champagne colored. Dan captured that color for my cake and embellished it with beautiful detail. It exceeded all my expectations. It was beautiful and extremely tasty.

Profile Picture User4755952, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Dan the Cake Man is amazing! Besides being beautiful, his cakes are absolutely delicious. He did a wonderful job with our Lego-themed cakes, and he really takes the time to work on the presentation at the venue. Everyone loved the cakes.

Profile Picture User3959063, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
3.6

Dan makes delicious cakes and has a real gift for decorating cakes, but we did face a couple of disappointments. My monogram cake topper wouldn't balance on my top tier, so he improvised and put it on the bottom tier. I was okay with that when I noticed it at our reception, but I was a little dismayed when I saw he clipped flowers from random plants at our venue (not even the same flowers of my bouquets/arrangements) to cover the flaw my topper created when it tipped over. I understand he was trying to cover the icing that was messed up, but I really didn't like that flowers that weren't even part of my theme/colors were added to my cake. My grooom nor I received a phone call for this before he did it, either.

We were also responsible for returning our cake base the day right after the wedding, which I don't recall hearing about at the consultation. I knew we'd need to return it, of course, but we had one day between our wedding and leaving for our honeymoon, so it was inconvenient.

I would also have appreciated a heads-up from any cake baker I chose to bring a dish or container to take home any leftover cake. We had no way to transport our remaining cake home and had to throw it away! This was my first wedding, so I have relied on vendors to advise me in their areas of expertise.

Profile Picture Cait, 10/11/14, 3 Reviews
1.3

We had planned on using Dan the cake man. All the cakes looked beautiful online, and we read good reviews. We showed up for our "cake tasting" which little did we know was actually a pitch for a full service catering, wedding planning, and cake making. Well we loved his cake, but we had already chosen a planner and did not care for his catering of food. They even scheduled us another tasting for food, which we were not impressed with. When we informed him that we were not interested in using him for catering or wedding planning, he dropped us for making our cake. Dan doesn't even do the catering/wedding planning portion, it's his business partner. So because we didn't choose his business partner, he dropped us.

We were never interested in using him (or his partner, rather) for catering or wedding planning. We feel completely blind sided, and this is not good business. Now we are 4 months out from our wedding and back to square one with a wedding cake, one of the first things we thought we had checked off our list.

We would love for Dan the cake man to just make the cake and let us choose who we feel comfortable with doing the catering and planning. This post/rant isn't downgrading his product of cake making (his three layered chocolate sample cake was amazing!), but this is a warning to future prospects that he will try and sell you a whole package and could potentially drop you if you don't agree to an all-or-nothing.

Profile Picture Trent, 9/3/14, 1 Review
2.6

Impossible to get in touch with. I mean, it took two months to get a return call or email after I booked him.
Cake was great and great price, although I had to remind him of what he quoted me over the phone.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Before I had planned anything for my wedding I knew I was calling Dan the cake man for the cakes. We have used cake makers for all kinda of occasions but especially for all of my friends and families weddings. Dan is awesome he will walk you through the process and help you pick the perfect cake. If you want traditional or something a little different dan the cake man and the staff at Cakemakers are the best!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/22/14, 1 Review
3.6

$415 for 3layer cake ($75.00 - 60 mile delivery) The cake tasted incredible!The decoration on the cake was perfectly executed. BUT, the cake was not at all what I wanted!! At the consultation, we discussed a cake that was inspired by my dress, white with ivory and champagne flowers. The middle later should have lace similar to the lace on my dress. The flowers on the cake should have rhinestone picks stuck into the center of the fondant flowers . When it arrived The cake was so champagne that it was taupe. The flowers had pearls instead of rhinestones, the lace consisted of clusters of piped lines around the fondant flowers. I told him it wasn't what we talked about, but he said "white and champagne, right?" So I couldn't really say anything, it was white and champagne, just the wrong way. I thought it was so ugly that I almost had the venue keep it in the back, and serve it after dinner without having it on display. My florist came to the rescue and covered much of it with hydrangeas, & a spotlight on the cake changed its appearance to something acceptable. I blame the hideous cake on the fact that Dan is too busy to communicate with his brides. I sent him a few emails attempting to talk with him about the details to the cake. He never even said he got them until I showed up at his shop to make sure that he had seen the pictures I had sent. After the contract was signed, Dan never returned the 2 calls I made to him. The only time he called me was when he thought my mother's credit card wasn't going through. Then he called, when he thought he might not get his money. So should you let Dan make your cake? Only if you have a picture of exactly what you want your cake to look like and you don't want to talk to anyone between the consultation and the day of your wedding. I would not use them again, because even though they make a great tasting cake, it may very well be what Dan likes, and not what even close to what you envision!!!

Profile Picture User3343777, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Dan the Cakeman certainly lived up to his name! He created an amazing cake for my daughter's wedding! Many wedding cakes are pretty to look at but taste horrible - but not Dan's!

The guests commented on how moist and delicious the cake was! I promised to pass the compliments along to the baker! So, Dan - here's to YOU!

Dan - THANK YOU! You are amazing!

Profile Picture User2981285, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Dan "the Cakeman" Carey is absolutely amazing! I was able to tell him what I wanted and he delivered exactly that and much more. The wedding cake looked beautiful and tasted as good as it looked. Instead of using fondant like TLC the Cake Boss that sometimes doesn't taste good, Dan used real icing and smoothed it out and made it look even more polished. All of my guest thought that the wedding cake was best they ever had! Dan "the Cakeman" really outdid himself! I'm looking forward to eating the top of my cake for out first anniversary!

Profile Picture User2164503, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Dan the Cake man's cakes look as amazing as they taste. We had him do both our bride's and groom's cakes and we couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Alisha, 6/9/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Dan the Cakeman was one of my favorite vendors! My husband and I had a very quick engagement (4 1/2 months) so many vendors were already booked by the time we started our search. When I first contacted Cakemakers I was told they were booked for my date, after a few emails back and forth I received one from Dan saying "What is one more, I'll do it"! This was music to my ears! I had been to a few weddings before who had used him so I knew his cakes were amazing but I do believe ours were the best! He immediately jumped on board to my husbands idea of an orange and white checker board UT cake! Not only did our cakes look amazing but they tasted even better! Thank you "Dan the Cakeman" for being so easy to work with and just an overall joy!

Profile Picture User2202426, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I tried one of Dan's cakes at a wedding expo. After trying many other samples, I knew his was the cake I had to have at my wedding! Dan created a beautiful cake for me that matched my colors perfectly, and a fishing themed groom's cake for my husband. Both cakes were GONE.

Profile Picture User4734870, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.2

I had a cherry blossom wedding theme and provided a picture to them on how I would like the cake to look. The colors of the blossoms were not exactly what I had in mind but it did still come out beautiful. Just go over the details and get it in writing :) Cake tasted wonderful and we did get compliments on it.

Profile Picture Angela, 4/1/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Dan the Cakeman was great! My cake was beautiful AND tasty. The only minor complaint I would have is that he is hard to get ahole of sometimes. However, that was more than made up for when I saw my cake on my wedding day! Definitely use Dan - I found him to be the best deal and taste, and I did tons of research!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/6/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was perfect! We got a groom's cake also, and it was a special design that Dan had never done before, and it was perfect too. We got a coulple of 8" rounds with samples of different icings and fillings before the wedding so we could decide the combo we liked best. Best of all Dan uses some type of buttercream icing that looks as good as fondant, but tastes MUCH better. I didn't worry about my cakes at all. Dan is a true professional, and a perfectionist.

Profile Picture Twyla, 7/24/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Fabulous wedding cake. I couldn't be happier. We were amazed that he let us take home a few cakes to decide!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/9/09, 4 Reviews