85 Reviews for Cakebee

Cupcakes (1)
Cake Toppers (1)
Gluten Free (1)
70 Cakebee Reviews

It was so nice working with Sally! She is so passionate about what she does. She listened to my thoughts and ideas and was able to offer suggestions on how best to bring my vision alive. Her sugared flowers were amazing - her artistry and technique really came through, especially with the peonies. The cake was so delicious and moist - it really tasted the same as the day I sampled it! The cake was beautiful - the elegant design was just perfect for our special day! I had spoken to many upscale cake designers, but I really liked the personalized touch that Sally offered. And it was great to support a small, woman-owned business!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My son and his bride and families to be had no idea where to begin when it came to "the wedding cake" and fortunately we found Sally! She cheerfully taught us everything we needed to know and helped guide the bride and groom though the decision making process at a wonderful cake tasting (I got to go, although I'm not sure why). The financial arrangements were very clear with no surprises and the cake arrived in plenty of time and was an absolutely perfect work of art. This entire process was easy, fun and worry free. Highly recommended without any reservations!

Profile Picture Lee, 5/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

She was phenomenal! So sweet and helpful. the cake tasting was well beyond what we had expected and the she just kept exceeding anything we could have asked for. The cake was beautiful and made to exactly what we had in mind. Not to mention, was probably the most delicious cake I've ever eaten...and I've eaten alot of cakes in my day. I couldn't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Andrew, 5/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes, Gluten Free

It was the most organized and professional cake tasting session. Sally was patient with us in the tasting session to assure that we came up with the flavor combination that we would both enjoy in our wedding cake.

Profile Picture Johnson, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sally is absolutely amazing! We interviewed her and 2 other wedding cake vendors. My husband and I? decided to go with Sally because of the taste of the cake. SO DELICIOUS! Our wedding guests loved the taste.

Now for the look and design... PERFECT AND EXACTLY WHAT WE ENVISIONED! Sally and I? emailed back and forth for months about the design. She drew designs and listened very carefully to our wants. We sent her so many pictures. The email thread was at least 50 messages long. We also kept changing small things. She neved got impatient with us as we assumed the other vendors we interviewed would. When I? saw the cake on my wedding day, I? screamed with joy! That was the bride’s(me) last little surprise and it made me so happy.
My father paid for the cake. Her prices are very good for the area, so he was happy. She is worth every penny!

Profile Picture Angela, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
4.1

Sally's cakes are not only beautiful but she listened to what we were saying and delivered on it! More importantly however, Sally's cakes are delicious. Every last bite was eaten. She worked hard to help us choose our favorite flavors and her fondant is actually delicious and edible. Sally takes her work seriously and seemed to very much appreciate how important our event and cake were to us. You can taste a lot, as we did, but Sally's was by far the superior cake!

Profile Picture Susan, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakebee's artistry is amazing! We described a vision and Cakebee turned it into reality!

Profile Picture Patricia, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sally was the immediate, obvious decision once we tasted our first cake sample. The cake was moist and flavorful; the frosting was the perfect balance between flavor and sweet (it didn't taste like straight sugar or butter-- so delicious!). Our experience from initial contact, to tasting, to delivery was smooth, informative, and highly efficient. We're still slicing left over cake 2 weeks after our wedding date because we can't get enough of it! Do yourself and favor and at least schedule a tasting with Sally. At the least, you'll receive a delicious and beautiful tasting experience with tea accompaniments. At the best, you'll have found your baker and can relax knowing that everything will be effortlessly taken care of AND delicious!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sally was amazing!! Everything form the cake tasting to the day of the wedding was perfect- she did a great job making (a frankly kind of strange) cake, it was exactly what we were hoping for, and more importantly it was delicious!! She even had two different cake flavors and icing combinations, which was awesome. The tasting was beautiful and personal, and we could not be happier with how the whole process went!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakebee has great design and flavor. This is a very exquisite gem shop. The cake is eye appealing and tongue exploding. Highly recommend the coconut cake with key lime cream combination. There are endless flavor combo so give Sally a call for a tasting.

Profile Picture Tony, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

First to begin, Sally invited us into her home to do the tasting, she had an elegant spread that was inviting and allowed us to mix and match the different flavors until we found the perfect combination. Other places we went to just had pre-selected flavors for the cake and filling, so it was hard to imagine what different flavors would taste like. Not Sally's though, we tried a at least 25 different combinations till we choose the two types of cake we wanted. Now I totally get it, a $30 tasting fee might make you hesitant. My husband was not excited at first for that because wanted to make sure the money we are spending for the wedding goes towards the wedding. BUT, as soon as we got started and tasted about 5 different combinations he whispered in my ear, I want Sally to do our cake. The $30 for the tasting gets applied to the cake, so ultimately the money still went towards the wedding. Once we narrowed down our selection of cake it was time for the design... I'm a pinterester so I knew exactly what I wanted my cake to look like. Her quote was much cheaper than what we were getting from other places and she wasn't trying to rush us out of her house, she took the time to really understand what we wanted . That happened once, over in Reston Town Center the gentleman doing the tasting with us saw he was running late and tried to rush us through the quoting process. That was a nonstarter for my husband. Once everything was said in done, we had about 5-6 months before the wedding was to happen. SALLY contacted us to make sure everything was still okay with the design and asked if there were any other changes needed. As a bride, that is the most reassuring thing in the world. Lastly the cake itself was BEAUTIFUL. It tasted as good as it looked (EVEN THE FONDANT!!) Everything single guest that had a piece would not stop raving to us how good it tasted... You wont regret going with Sally, she will make sure your cake is everything you envisioned and more!!! -Julia

Profile Picture Julia, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our Cakebee wedding cake was SO spectacular. It was both beautiful and delicious. Our guests were blown away by how great the cake was. For weeks we'd hear comments from our guests about the cake! "Oh my gosh that cake was so good" and "That was the best cake I've ever had!" are a few examples.

Not only was the Cakebee product amazing but the service was great too! Sally is super easy to work with. She is very professional, flexible, and upbeat! Just what you need when you're planning a multifaceted event.

Details of our cake:
We had a three tiered cake as well as a sheet cake on the side (served 200 in total).
Decorations: Sally made us the CUTEST bride and groom bird cake toppers based on a design I shared with her and she sculpted beautiful slate blue peonies for my simplistic white butter cream frosted cake.
Flavors: Two tiers were almond cake with vanilla pastry cream and lemon curd. The remaining tier and sheet cake were chocolate cake with vanilla pastry cream and chocolate ganache.

Profile Picture Linda, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Toppers, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Wonderful cake tasting experience in her home, and then the cupcakes and wedding cake themselves were delicious and beautiful on our day! Highly recommend :D

Profile Picture User7069182, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakebee made our wedding planning more straightforward by giving us the confidence that our wedding cake and cupcakes will be baked and delivered as promised. Cakebee/Sally was easy to work with, flexible with our changing requirements, and made us and our guests really happy with her beautiful and tasty creations!

Profile Picture Joshua, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The whole cake was gone!!! Best cake ever. Tasty, moist, pretty and perfect. Sally and cake bee are so talented . I was telling my guest who made the cake and where they can get it from. Hands down, best cake all around. Will keep in touch and use her for other events.

Profile Picture Lauren , 4/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sally was amazing! Whatever your dream cake is she can create it. She is very professional and kind which make workin with her a breeze. Our wedding cake was everything we wanted and more! I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User5554534, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't recommend Cakebee enough. If I had friends getting married and they needed a cake, I would recommend Sally of Cakebee in a heartbeat. First of all, our complementary cake tasting was very useful and Sally made enough for us to even take some home so we could try our potential cake/frosting flavors and combinations with my mother-in-law. She offers a huge variety of flavors including even some exotic frostings (we had a frosting infused with a raspberry liquor). She was very flexible with us later changing from serving 10 people to 25. She also constructed an absolutely beautiful cake with two "fake" layers so It would look large and impressive for pictures (we had a very small wedding of only 25 people so we didn't need a huge cake). And here's the kicker: the cake was absolutely delicious! I've been to weddings before where the cake may look beautiful and delicious but tastes like a sugar-soaked sponge. But let me assure you, this cake was delicious! She even delivered the cake the day of the wedding to be sure we didn't have to worry about it.

Profile Picture Nathan, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sally was wonderful to work with! It was honestly the best cake I've ever had at a wedding! We had the red velvet and maple bourbon flavors and our guests were raving at the choices! The cake was stunning and exactly what I hoped for! I'm so thankful we went with Cakebee!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/15/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We found Sally a pleasure to work with through the process of our cake design. She shared in our excitement, and the enthusiasm she has for her craft is apparent in everything she did.

We were very happy with the service Sally provided. We can and will be recommending her to anyone that needs a wedding cake.

Profile Picture User4790010, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sally did an awesome job on both my wedding cake as well as my groom's cake. I gave her a picture of the design I wanted for the wedding cake and it came out exactly how I wanted. So beautiful! I didn't even have a picture of the groom's cake design, but I just told her what I wanted and the cake was AMAZING! People could not stop talking about it. She even upgraded us to fondant because she thought it would look better, and it did! The cake itself was super moist and delicious! Thank you again, Sally!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sally was a pleasure to deal with! Our cake looked beautiful and tasted amazing!! Would recommend her wedding cakes for their quality & value.

Profile Picture Chloe, 10/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakebee made two wonderful cakes for my wedding- a rustic wedding cake and a grooms cake modeled after a picture of my husbands jeep off roading.
Both cakes looked amazing and were everything I could have hoped for and more. Sally took the picture of my husbands jeep and made a fabulous cake that he was surprised to see. Everyone at the wedding loved the cakes and kept asking who made them. The flavors were absolutely delicious!!

Profile Picture Alison, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sally is so talented and easy to work with! She made a hamburger groom's cake for our wedding and it exceeded our expectations (taste and appearance)! We coordinated everything through email, and the cake was delivered to the venue smoothly. I will definitely be using Cakebee again in the future!

Profile Picture Nga, 6/28/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was 100% pleased with the wedding cake that Sally made. Not only is she an excellent baker, she is a fantastic artist! I recommend Cakebee to everyone! The cake was so moist and delicious and the icing/filling were perfect! Guest said it was the best wedding cake they have every had. Thank you, Sally!!!

Profile Picture User2735348, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Awesome vendor with great tasting cakes at a reasonable price! Highly recommend!!! Love Cakebee!

Profile Picture User3054007, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews