Cake-aholics Bakery Reviews

Cake-aholics Bakery 5
Cake-aholics Bakery 6
Cake-aholics Bakery 7

audrey newbold · Married on 05/11/2019

the cake tasting was Amazing!!

very professional! Matthew the owner was wonderful, listen to all details of my wedding and planned exactly what I wanted. the cake tasting was amazing, very lite and fluffy and good tasting combinations. My favorite was the raspberry. My event is in May, so hopefully I will have more feedback later.

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Steven

Steven · Married on 05/11/2019

Rowland Wedding Cake

One of the most amazing pieces of the wedding! I could believe how our cakes came out. Especially the groomsmen cake! One of the most customizable best cakes I’ve ever seen.

Hands down one of the best moves we made!

Sent on 05/21/2019
    Cake-aholics Bakery 8
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 02/16/2019

Stunning and very tasty!

Matthew and his team were so easy to work with and their cake was DELICIOUS. We had a 4 tier fake cake with 2 flavored sheet cakes (Snickerdoodle w/ cream cheese frosting & White chocolate w/ blackberry mouse). The price was very reasonable for the work and quality of cake. At our cake tasting I could've picked any of the choices and they were delicious! The cake was beautifully classic with a hint of Disney as I requested, but the real amazing work was the sugar flowers! They were STUNNING! I would use Cake-Aholics for any cake or bakery needs in the future!!

Sent on 02/27/2019
    Cake-aholics Bakery 9
    Cake-aholics Bakery 10
    Cake-aholics Bakery 11
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/10/2018

Most beautiful and delicious cake ever!

I was convinced that I did not care about having an outstanding cake for our wedding. but visiting Matthew at Cake-a-holics changed everything! My wedding planner and him laid out everything they envisioned and it was more than I could dream. Matthew was down for keeping the cost low (as we would be feeding 250 people) and so when he suggested a realistic looking fake cake with a wedge of real cake in the back for cutting and sheet cakes in the venue kitchen- I was sold. When I say it was beautiful- that's an understatement. Once more (and most importantly) it was the best tasting cake we've ever had! So many people commented on how yummy it was to me at the reception. We are anxiously awaiting our 1 year anniversary so that we can dive into that white chocolate and blackberry mousse cake!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Courtney · Married on 10/13/2018

Stop your search here

We stumbled across Matthew's shop after being a little frustrated with the options in Dallas--nothing was quite right. We were blown away at Matthew's tasting. All of his flavor options were fantastic, and his cakes are absolutely beautiful--he totally nailed the look we were going for. We ultimately decided to stick with classic flavors for our cakes, even though it was definitely a tough call! Day-of, his cake was even better than I remembered from the tasting. His ability to hit the absolute perfect balance in texture, sweetness, and richness, especially with the simple flavors we settled on, really highlights his skill. Our friends and families (including a few chefs and food bloggers) are still raving about the cake a few weeks later, and we can't wait to stop by his shop again!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Isaura

Isaura · Married on 09/08/2018

Best cake ever!

Wedding cake was exactly what we wanted and it was super delicious! Everyone loved it.

Sent on 03/18/2019
    Cake-aholics Bakery 12

Kelley · Married on 07/07/2018

Our wedding was a few weeks ago and our cakes were one of the highlights!! I wanted to have a tiered chocolate chip cookie cake and Matthew and his team did an outstanding job. I showed him one picture of a cake I liked and he made an even better version. The grooms cake was equally stunning! All of the guests raved about how delicious the cake was and how fun it was to have a cookie cake wedding cake! I can't say enough positive things about Cake-Aholics!! I highly, HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Klair · Married on 07/01/2018

Helpful and exquisite

Matthew was great at helping us design a cake, especially considering neither of us really had much of a clue as to what we wanted. :) The samples we tried were all amazing, and it was so hard to pick one - so we picked three! You can tell his heart is truly in this business and his creations.

Sent on 01/17/2019

Kate · Married on 05/12/2018

I only have AMAZING things to say about Matthew and his crew. When we left our initial meeting with him, my husband and I knew it was a no-brainer that we were going to choose him for our big day. He was helpful in assisting us figure out our vision for what we wanted for the day, and patient as we figured that out. On top of everything, the cake and desserts that we choose were DELICIOUS! We got compliments from so many different people about them. I cannot recommend Matthew and Cake-Aholics bakery highly enough!

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Cake-aholics Bakery 13
    Cake-aholics Bakery 14

Becky · Married on 04/07/2018

Yum! Matthew is a pleasure to work with and really saw my vision for cupcakes and a birch like cake at the top. Unlike many cupcakes that dry out, these were all still moist on our wedding day and the next for leftovers. They look as good as they taste as well. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/29/2018
    Cake-aholics Bakery 15
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 03/03/2018

We were completely blown away by every single cake flavor that Matthew and his team makes. We designed our wedding cake and he made it better than we expected. We hardly had any cake leftover because everyone went back for seconds. I also had a second cake made for our rehearsal dinner instead of doing a grooms cake and my husband was blown away. I recommend Cake-aholics for any special occasion or just stop in for a cupcake any time. They even have homemade dog treats!

Sent on 03/05/2018
    Cake-aholics Bakery 16
    Cake-aholics Bakery 17

Mary · Married on 11/03/2017

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and Matthew was so easy to work with. We were able to try 6 flavors at our initial tasting and we had such a hard time choosing because they were all that good! Their Snickerdoodle cake is to die for! We chose a white chocolate cake with white chocolate filling and it was so delicious. Matthew gave us exactly what we wanted and make the process stress-free. So glad we chose Cake-aholics Bakery!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Cake-aholics Bakery 18

Jordan · Married on 10/13/2017

Matthew was the absolute best choice we made. I am very picky when it comes to cake. And I knew right away when we tasted his cake that he was the way to go. The cake he made for us was absolutely gorgeous. Even our guests thought the cake was fake because of how stunning it looked. He also made little fondant figures of our cats and it was the cutest thing ever. He has definitely gained our business for life.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Diana · Married on 10/07/2017

Matthew was amazing! He was much more affordable than the other bakeries we looked into, he does not charge for the tasting and he is actually willing to work with you on developing flavors, I had my heart set on a pear-spice cake, and he actually developed his own recipe to meet my request, and it was sooo good! I actually had his white cake with blackberry filling at a friend's wedding and it was so good that I knew we had to have him for ours. He is also very creative and willing to try a lot of different designs. We did a geode cake and it was beautiful and delicious, and he helped us design a groom's cake with my husband's family crest on it.

Sent on 12/12/2017
    Cake-aholics Bakery 19
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 12/28/2016

This is an absolutely fantastic bakery! Matthew was so professional and talented and the cakes are to die for! I absolutely recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 11/18/2016
  • The Rangel's

Tabitha · Married on 09/17/2016

They kept in contact with me over the months until the day of my wedding (9/17/16). I didn't get to see my cake until the day of my wedding (that was my choice), but it was beautiful. My guests wouldn't stop raving of how beautiful and great tasting it was. The colors and designs were exactly what I wanted. Hands down by far the best place to get your cake of your dreams for your wedding or party.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kimberly · Married on 08/12/2016

Matthew was awesome! He made cookies for my bridal shower exactly how I wanted them. The cookies not only looked pretty and well done but they tasted delicious! He also made cake pops which everyone enjoyed and were all gone in the blink of an eye! Matthew is very nice and gives you exactly what you ask for. I surprised my husband with a grooms cake and Matthew surprised me at how great the cake looked! We got so many compliments on both of our wedding day cakes because they were delicious as well. We couldn't have asked for anything better. I highly recommend Cake-a holics bakery!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Vanessa · Married on 07/07/2016

Matt was super easy to work with! I gave him photos of cakes that I liked and a few of my ideas to make it unique and he pulled it all together to be the best wedding cake ever! The price was fair, he delivered, he created characters which I really wanted, and he provided a sugar free cake for my diabetic guests which was actually difficult to find. The cake was so delicious that the entire chocolate grooms cake was gone! Our vanilla cake had only a few slices left which were quickly eaten the next day and still perfectly moist. I will continue to use and recommend Cake-aholics to everyone.

Sent on 07/19/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/01/2015

Matt is truly an impeccable baker and artist! He created such a beautiful (and delicious) dessert bar for our wedding, including the main wedding cake, 2 other cakes, and lots of fun mini desserts! It was such a hit, and my favorite part of our wedding. He will make you something above and beyond that everyone will think is delicious and lovely!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Victoria · Married on 05/20/2018

Mathew was amazing to work with! He was super friendly and helpful through all my crazy questions and changes leading up to the wedding. They made a lovely cake for our wedding in May 2018. And seriously, his cakes are the best I've ever had! Our families went on and on about how delicious they were! Thank you Cake-aholics!

Sent on 06/09/2018
  • Maysen

Maysen · Married on 04/13/2019

A wedding cake you can’t get enough of!

“This cake is so good! What kind is it?!” Is a question we got asked the entire night. The cake was incredible! They ended up doing a coconut cake with lavender filling, and everyone raved about it! They also matched the lace on the cake with my wedding dress. The design work was so well done. He is extremely talented!

Sent on 05/02/2019
    Cake-aholics Bakery 20
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2017

Matthew has a taste for good cake. My husband does not even like cake but loved the groom’s cake he made. It was red velvet with cheesecake filling with buttercream icing and chocolate drizzle. Mine was white chocolate with raspberries and I never like cake with fruit. Everyone raved about how great our cake was. It was so delicious and moist. So many cakes aren’t great at weddings but this is the best place and a fair price. Also, look at how amazing these cakes look! Thank you all for everything!

Sent on 10/22/2017