Caitlyn Meyer Reviews

• Brooke

Brooke Feinhals · Getting married on 01/01/2022

An Absolute Dream

(Wedding Date: 1/25/2020)
    Working with Caitlyn was an absolute dream. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding she worked several years ago, and when I got engaged I knew she was the artist I wanted to work with. I've worked with a few other artists in the past and none of them lived up to the skill and quality of Caitlyn's work. Some of the only components I knew I wanted to focus on were: dress, hair and makeup. Caitlyn created the most stunning interpretation of our collective vision and I have never felt more beautiful. My hair was a romantic dream and she encouraged me to step outside of my comfort zone for a bold lip that (I think) ended up being a staple of my whole look. I wish I could go back to that day so I could look like that again. She has an incredible energy that put me at such ease. On the wedding day, she was calm and reassuring, and literally gave me the coat off her back when I was freezing between shots. Our photographer stated she had never worked with such a compassionate make-up artist. I could go on forever about how lovely Caitlyn is. She is a true and genuine artist and I would work with her a million times over. Thank you so much for everything, Caitlyn.

Sent on 03/28/2020
  • Deanna

Deanna · Getting married on 10/30/2020

You absolutely cannot go wrong with Caitlyn. I promise that this girl will give you star treatment. She has an impressive resume from working with friends and family to Hollywood celebrities. Knowledgeable, talented, and fun, Caitlyn will be sure to deliver. Some makeup artists find a comfort zone and stick with doing similar styles and using the same techniques over and over, but I'm here to tell you that Caitlyn's flexibility combined with her dedication to stay current with the newest techniques and products will leave you in awe. I would recommend her to anyone, anytime. She's the best there is!

Danica Abarquez · Married on 08/10/2020

She works MAGIC.

Finding a make-up artist was a daunting task on its own. Besides the sheer number of MUAs in the DMV area, it was hard finding an artist that worked with people of color and could still create a palette that seemed glowing and natural. On top of that, I wasn’t one who personally wore make-up too frequently. I had an idea in my head, but in reality, I just didn’t want to look caked up like a clown. I didn’t want to show off my eczema that likes to make a guest appearance when I’m stressed and I certainly didn’t want to come off as anyone other than myself.

Then, I found Caitlyn. Immediately, I feel in love with her stunning work. Her examples covered not just all skintones, but all variations of brides – glam, natural, cultural, and everything in between. Hiring her was an easy, friendly process, as was the trial. And let me tell you...that trial blew me away! After the trial, I wasn't just secure in my choice, but I became excited for my wedding day - that was big.

Come the wedding day, Caitlyn arrived with plenty of time, did make-up for my MOH and my mom, and then called me to the chair. She kept me relaxed, engaged, and just treated me like a person – something every bride needs on that day. Even when things got crazy and chaotic, she made it clear that YOU were her main focus—how you looked and how you FELT—everything else was secondary. It’s moments like that that I still recall when I think about my wedding.

Caitlyn took the very definition of beauty and gave it a new meaning. It wasn’t just a glowy face and dark red lips…it was support, confidence, ease, and excitement. When I looked in the mirror, I was in awe of myself. Who could’ve thought I could be that beautiful and still feel like me?

From one particular bride to the next, allow yourself some easy choices—Caitlyn is one of them.

Sent on 06/09/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Koucheravy · Married on 11/01/2019

Absolutely wonderful and professional.

I knew I wanted Caitlyn to do my wedding makeup before I was even engaged! I stalked her IG and fell in love with her immense talent. She’s just as lovely to work with in person as she seems online. I felt absolutely comfortable with her and she made both my mom and me look stunning. My mom still talks about how great “the makeup lady” was. Caitlyn stayed with us through the photos after the ceremony and was hyper focused on me, making sure my makeup was touched up and my veil was just right. I felt like a celebrity. I would absolutely hire Caitlyn again and highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/27/2020
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 07/13/2019

Master of her craft

I adore Caitlyn and highly recommend her!

My family rarely wears makeup, so it was so special to have Caitlyn and Stacie do hair and makeup for myself, my mom, sister, sister-in-law, mother-in-law and niece before my wedding. We got ready at home - it was really pleasant and calming morning before the chaos of the ceremony and reception. Everyone looked and felt beautiful!

My mom especially appreciated how respectful Caitlyn was of her preferences. She created a super-natural look for my mom that allowed her to feel dressed up without feeling overdone.

I wanted a slightly retro-glam look for the wedding, and Caitlyn perfectly created a look that felt a little retro but also modern enough that it wouldn’t look costume-y. I’ve never felt so pretty. I’ve heard that wedding make-up can be plasticky, but all of the products Caitlyn used felt natural and comfortable. The hair and makeup stayed in place all night with zero-maintenance needed.

I also enjoyed doing a hair trial with Caitlyn before the wedding at her home studio. It was a chill morning complete with super-friendly cats. It was nice to have an idea of how my hair would be done before going out to find earrings and other accessories.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Kirsten

Kirsten Oddo · Married on 06/28/2019

A true artist!

Caitlyn was absolutely amazing for my wedding day hair and make up! She masterfully curled my hair with the ability to put it up later in the day, despite the heat and humidity of late June. She also has the most beautiful vision for make up. She knows how to exactly highlight your features and make you feel beautiful, while still feeling like yourself. Caitlyn created a neutral, glowy palette for my day and I could not be more grateful. She is so sweet, professional, and made me feel so comfortable and confident in my skin. Caitlyn also did my mom and younger sister's make up (who both were very skeptical to get their make up professionally done considering they wear very minimal to no make up everyday) but Caitlyn did an amazing job making them feel minimal, yet enhanced. Caitlyn brought a team of other artists for my wedding day, for 12 of us to have hair and make up done, and they were all so talented, fun, and professional. All my bridesmaids had a great time getting ready together with the help of her amazing team. They both absolutely loved the outcome. Caitlyn also did my hair and make up for my boudoir shoot, which made me feel like an absolute bombshell for my photos! She is able to see the vision exactly as I describe it and create the perfect look to enhance all of your beauty. For any bride on her wedding day, I would recommend Caitlyn every time to look and feel your absolute best!!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Lorraine

Lorraine · Married on 01/12/2019

Masterful artist

Caitlyn is AMAZING! As a retired model I've worked with a lot of hair and make up artists over the years, Caitlyn blows them ALL out of the water. Not only did she understand my "vision" but she executed it FLAWLESSLY. Beyond her wonderful talent, Caitlyn is one of the sweetest women. It was truly a pleasure work with her, it felt more like hanging out with a great friend.
    xoxoxo

Sent on 02/07/2019
  • Arianna

Arianna Valle · Married on 09/29/2018

if you want to feel like a queen - hire Caitlyn

Caitlyn is awesome at nailing EXACTLY what you want.
    I had a vague idea of what I wanted for my hair... and she created THE MOST iconic, incredible loose braided updo. It was very "me" and tied my dress together perfectly.
    Also, my makeup was perfection. She understands skin types and tones, and was able to create a dewy, glowy look that held up ALL NIGHT with no touchups... such a feat!
    I felt like the most beautiful woman on my day... which is how it should be. Hire her. She's easy to chat with, and just generally the best.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Lia

Lia · Married on 08/25/2018

I cannot even begin to say enough positive things about Caitlyn and the quality of her work. I have been obsessed with her and her portfolio for years but after my hair and makeup trial AND booking her services for my engagement pictures, I cannot recommend this lady enough. She is flexible and accommodating and so supportive. I am clueless when it comes to hair and makeup and she understood and supported my fluctuating wedding vision.

Caitlyn worked her magic again this weekend for my wedding. I had a huge bridal party and Caitlyn was organized and prompt. Caitlyn assisted me and helped me book two more talented artists so my gals looked flawless. Caitlyn also took extra time to do my mother and my mother in laws makeup and they looked gorgeous!

My wedding day was so incredible and I have never felt more beautiful in my life. My hair and makeup was so gorgeous not just in person, but photographed so so well. I wish I could get married again, just to look like that again. I will be encouraging all my friends who are future brides to book Caitlyn Meyer for their weddings!!

Sent on 08/27/2018
  • Mahnoor

MK H · Married on 08/05/2018

Incredible MUA for South Asian bride!

The moment I met Caitlyn I knew that I wanted her to do my make-up for my multi-day Pakistani wedding. She was so thoughtful in hearing what I wanted from both of my looks and made my vision a reality. For both mehndi and baraat days Caitlyn did an impeccable job on my hair, makeup and dupatta setting. My mom also loved her hair and makeup for both days! We are so lucky to have worked with Caitlyn and I will look back on these memories and cherish them for a lifetime! Thank you for making me feel so beautiful on my special days.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Roxanne · Married on 04/07/2018

Caitlyn performed her magic on for my daughter's 4/7/18 wedding. She did both hair and make up for both of us. She was fabulous! I have never looked so good. All night everyone told me how beautiful we both looked. Not only is she talented, professional, and creative; she is a joy to work with. She worked well with the photographer and videographer and really kept to the time line. At the end of a night of crying and dancing, my hair and makeup was still going strong. We loved her and would recommend her for any special event.

Sent on 04/09/2018

Cheryl · Married on 10/07/2017

Caitlyn is SO talented!!! She is for sure one of the most talented MUA in the area and I feel so fortunate that I was able to hire her for my wedding day. In my trial with Caitlyn, I showed her some inspiration photos and she listened to me as I attempted to explain to her the look I was going for (emphasis on attempted because I really had a hard time narrowing it down at first). Caitlyn had no problem understanding and did an amazing job at making my vision come to life – but making it unique! Caitlyn is extremely talented and passionate and it shows in her work. I was starting to feel anxious the day of my wedding as we got closer and closer to the time for my first look and Caitlyn had a huge part in keeping me calm and trying to make me laugh when certain things (not related to Caitlyn’s work) weren’t going as planned. When it comes to her work, she is very straight forward and honest about her approach but she will make sure to ask you questions throughout the process to make sure you’re comfortable as well. I couldn’t be happier with how my hair and makeup came out for my wedding and I would recommend Caitlyn to EVERYONE. It truly was a privilege being able to hire her!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/23/2017

Soooooo I am going to start this off with the fact that I am not a make up person. I didn't know what to expect/ask for when it came to hiring a make up artist/hair stylist. I had met Caitlyn through a friend and Caitlyn actually did my hair/make up for that same friend's wedding. After that experience, I knew I had to book her for my wedding.

She was so easy to work with and has a genuine gift when it comes to making people look and feel beautiful. I had no inspiration pictures and no idea what I wanted. I told her what I typically do and explained that a ton of product typically doesn't work well on my tiny face. That was all of the info I gave and she ran with it.

And let me tell you - I looked BEAUTIFUL. She was thorough and honest and efficient. Her and Stacey (second hair stylist) did an incredible job. I don't even think they stopped once from 6am-2pm!

Towards the end, timing was getting a little tight and Caitlyn kept me calm and confident that everything would be okay. She reassured me that the timetable wouldn't be a problem to adjust and she worked diligently to finish my make up. She was right - the day went by wonderfully and I looked amazing the whole time - my make up didn't budge once!

I cannot thank her enough for her amazing talent and for making me feel so beautiful on the most important day of my life. She is also incredibly comical to work with and made me feel comfortable the entire morning - that's a tough thing to do with a stressed out bride!

Thank you again Caitlyn (and Stacey!) You're the best!!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2017

Caitlyn is amazing. When I first saw her work on a wedding blog I was in love. Her styles look romantic and gentle which is exactly what I wanted. We met first for a hair and makeup trial a couple of months before my wedding and she was a pleasure to work with. Easy to talk to, an excellent listener, and happy to adjust things that weren't exactly as I'd wanted (we went through more lip colors than I can remember during the trial, and she was super patient). The day of, Caitlyn helped me retain my calm center amidst the whirlwind of getting ready. In part because we'd done this hair and make up thing before! But, in part because she's such a soothing person to be around. The work her partner, Stacie, did for my bridesmaids and mother was also stunning. One of my bridesmaids, whose hair has never been able to be anything but straight, had a gentle wave all day for the first time in her life! Everyone's style was slightly different and all romantic and gorgeous. I know her rates are more than what you'd pay a local salon, but you get what you pay for and in this case you get so much more than what you pay for. Caitlyn is truly a gifted artist and a beautiful person!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2017

Caitlyn made the hair and makeup experience a fun and stress-free part of my wedding day. When I went for my trial I showed her a few pictures of makeup and said I would like a half up do with fish tails. With little direction, she created a look better than I could have imagined. Caitlyn is very talented and efficient, I had ten people getting hair and makeup done. She and her partner Holly stayed on schedule and made everyone look amazing as well as giving them the look that they asked for. On the wedding day Caitlyn organically placed flowers in the hairstyle and it looked spectacular. I am beyond happy with Caitlyn and her team and I am looking for any excuse to book her services again!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Kristin · Married on 06/02/2017

Caitlyn is hands down the best makeup artist I've ever worked with. I first got the chance to have my makeup done by her at my best friend's wedding over a year ago. Each and every bridesmaid left that wedding in awe of how amazing of a job she did, so she was literally the first vendor I reached out too once I got engaged 9 months ago! Her skill and ability to make each girl look stunning while still looking like 'themselves' is such a gift. You leave her chair feeling like a straight up celeb which is everything on your wedding day. As if her talent and skill wasn't enough, she's so sweet and fun to hang out with! She fit right in with my bridal party so well I was honestly sad when she had to leave. The bright side moving forward is that she's doing the makeup for another friend's wedding in a few months so I get to see her and have her do my makeup again - all this to say, she's phenomenal. You will NOT regret hiring her!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Miss Daniela · Married on 05/17/2017

Like most women, this part of my wedding was extremely important to me. I had a strong beauty vision that I was going for, and when I was looking around for an artist in the beginning of my wedding planning, I was getting a little worried that I would not find an artist that could execute my certain style.....until I found Caitlyn. I had an out of state wedding so my trust level was increased due to not knowing anyone in the industry already, but the moment I saw Caitlyn's work, I knew she was it. Caitlyn's talent is so incredible and diverse. She doesn't just do the basic steps for each client, she truly customizes a look for your features and your personal vision. One of many things that makes Caitlyn stand out above the rest is that she does both hair and makeup, and she does them exceptionally well. Every bride needs Caitlyn for their big day because you will not only be taken care of professionally, but you'll feel a comfort with her that every bride needs on their wedding day. She has the most precious and warm heart. When I think back on my wedding day, she is someone that I miss working with so much. She not only made me feel like a priority, but also like a friend. She is the best in the business, hands down. I will forever be grateful to her and how she made me feel, not only by her extreme talent, but also by her presence on the biggest day of my life so far. My wedding would not have been the same without her - I truly mean that.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Becca · Married on 05/06/2017

Working with Caitlyn was a dream! She picked my brain to create a flawless look on my wedding day that made me feel like retro glam barbie. She was courteous and kind and thought of everything - even how certain angles of her working on my hair and makeup would look in pictures. She was thoughtful and warm and it was an absolute pleasure having her with me the entire morning of my wedding. She is one of the coolest, kindest, calmest people I have ever had the opportunity to work with, and she has the unique ability of surrounding you with tranquility on an otherwise crazy day. Not to mention, my hair and makeup was flawless and I felt like a princess all day. It was so important for me to feel like myself on my wedding day and be comfortable with the way I looked and felt and Caitlyn more than delivered. Forever grateful for Caitlyn!!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Beth Ann · Married on 12/31/2016

Caitlyn without a doubt was one of the best parts of my wedding day. Hair and makeup vendors are working individually with the bride and bridal party, and you want to be surrounded by great people. That is exactly Caitlyn. She is not only excellent at her craft, but she is a joy to be around. She was calming, friendly, funny, and more than accommodating to anybody's needs on how they wanted to look that day. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day- and I owe that all to Caitlyn. I have recommended her to all of my engaged family and friends- she truly is the best! Thank you for everything, Caitlyn!

Sent on 01/13/2017

April · Married on 11/12/2016

Caitlyn is truly an artist! She helped make me, my bridesmaids, and my family feel more beautiful than we've ever felt before. She specializes in creating dreamy, romantic and bohemian looks. She created a beautiful crown braid for me and set my makeup so that it lasted perfectly for my over 5 hour reception and post-reception campfire! I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Laurie · Married on 10/30/2016

As mother of the groom I wanted to take the opportunity to compliment the skill and overall experience we had having hair and makeup done by Caitlyn and her co-worker Stacey. All of the bridesmaids and especially the bride were not just beautiful young women with professional makeup and hairstyles, but were transformed that evening into truly stunning participants in a very special day. No matter how stressed out any one felt as we prepared for the big event, Caitlyn and Stacey were consumate professionals. They listened to what we wanted, made suggestions and everyone-including the MOB and MOG loved the results. They even followed us to the venue for touch ups just before the ceremony.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Karen · Married on 10/30/2016

Caitlyn is amazing. Not only is she such a talented make-up and hair stylist, but is also provides such a warm and supportive energy. I had two trials with Caitlyn prior to my wedding day. I am so happy that I did, even though I didn't actually go with what we tried! I highly recommend booking a trial. It was so great to meet Caitlyn prior to the wedding day, knowing that I already felt comfortable with her made my own hair/makeup anxieties minimal! As a bride that was very indecisive, it was very helpful to try different looks. Since Caitlyn is so talented, every look I tried was beautiful! But in the end, I wanted to somewhat combine all the things we tried and she totally understood what I was going for. Caitlyn not only listens and cares to accomplish her client's vision but also infuses her own creativity and artistic style, WHICH I LOVE! She has such a delicate way of working, which makes you feel really calm and in good hands. Caitlyn did most of my bridesmaid's makeup and they looked fierce! EVERYONE was so happy and felt so beautiful, which is exactly what every bride wants her wedding party to feel. Her partner, Stacey, was there as well to do hair and make up. She styled my mom's hair in the first updo she has ever had! It looked amazing and my mom was so happy. Stacey is also very talented and extremely professional. Overall everyone was so happy with the services and I would recommend Caitlyn a thousand times over. So thankful to have worked with Caitlyn and Stacey on my wedding day!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Peirce · Married on 10/15/2016

I got married in October and Caitlyn did my hair and makeup and my maid of honor, as well as makeup for my mom and the mother of the groom. I literally would not trust anyone but her to do the job - I've seen her work on other brides over social media and have always been consistently blown away by her talent, and my wedding day was no exception! I felt more beautiful than I ever have in my life after she worked her magic on me and I know my sister and mom, and my husband's mom did too. I highly recommend Caitlyn over anyone else in the area - she is fantastic

Sylvie · Married on 10/10/2016

Caitlyn was one of the best parts of our wedding! She showed up with the best energy and ready to get started! She listened to exactly what we wanted, had references ready and knew what looks were age appropriate (bride vs mother of the bride). She came to the venue, following us around and making sure we looked perfect. By the time she was leaving it felt like she was an old friend. She made us glow and feel like brides should feel, like the prettiest in the room. I would recommend her without hesitation and look forward to the next time we can use her expert services. She's truly one of a kind!

Abby · Married on 10/08/2016

Caitlyn is an incredibly talented hair and make-up stylist. She's easy to work with, calm and listens carefully to her clients' needs. I couldn't have been happier with my wedding day look, and Caitlyn did an incredible job with my mother and bridesmaids as well. Her assistant, Brandon, was equally amazing and fun to be around. The day was a bit stressful, and Caitlyn and Brandon did an awesome job of calmly staying on schedule and helping with getting us all ready. I loved working with Caitlyn and highly recommend her to anyone looking for a professional hair and make-up artist!

Sent on 11/10/2016