Cagen Music LLC Reviews

24 | Northbrook, IL

24 Reviews for Cagen Music LLC

24 Cagen Music LLC Reviews

Mary · Married on 10/14/2017

Thank you so much for providing top notch entertainment at our wedding. It was our favorite part of the the entire night. Your band made the night so special and we have received numerous compliments on your vocalists and musicians! Thank you for learning our bridal dance, it sounded wonderful, as did all of our song requests. From the night we first met Don at your office I knew we chose the right group! He did a great job as the MC and kept everything moving. Becky was always so helpful during every part of the planning process. I hope we see you soon and enjoy your music again!

Emily · Married on 09/09/2017

We fell in love with Don Cagen Orchestra at our very first meeting. Don was extremely professional and blew us away when he shared demos of the band's music. We knew from that day we didn't need to interview any other bands. From there, Don and Becky were responsive and calming during the wedding planning process - always listening to our requests but also providing advice from their expertise. Last but not least, Don Cagen Orchestra was the highlight of our wedding. Almost three months later, our guests are still raving about the band, from the ceremony music to the horah. We can't thank Don Cagen Orchestra enough!

Leah · Married on 07/15/2017

Hiring Don Cagen orchestra for our wedding was one of the best things we did! We were debating between a band or dj for some time, but having a tent wedding, we had our hearts set on a band. After talking with many bands across Chicagoland area, I was set on Don Cagen, after speaking with Becky. Her professionalism and communication set them apart! We hired them without even listening to them in studio, based on recommendations from other vendors and from our conversations with them-they did not disappoint!!! Don came out for a final walk through the month prior and we instantly connected with him and his energetic personality. The day of music was everything we could have imagined and more! Although a July evening, the dance floor was packed for the majority of the night and we even had them play an extra hour because everyone was having so much fun! They are extremely talented! They knew how to read the dance floor and keep the guests energized and having fun! One of our guests loved them so much they hired them on the spot for their own wedding! Friends and family still talk about them and I am sure they will for years to come! Thanks for making our wedding day so memorable!

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

Second only to my groom and our family and friends, The Don Cagen Orchestra was the highlight of our entire wedding! I have so many positive things to say that I will just go in chronological order. First, contacting and booking with them was easy and they were really flexible with all of our ideas and needs. They were professional and personable from beginning to end. When it came to the planning process, Becky was available via email and phone and she really helped me make creative musical decisions that turned out perfectly.
    THE BIG DAY I will admit I was a little bit of a nervous wreck but as we arrived to the venue, Becky approached me and it just made all of my nerves go away because I knew that if everything else goes wrong I KNOW that at least the music would be right and that was so important to my husband and I.
    Chitarra played the violin and cello at our ceremony and even accompanied my sister during her musical offering which was a well known song in a different arrangement. They continued the beautiful music into cocktail hour. We requested modern, upbeat music and they nailed it because the ambiance was just perfect.
    Don rocked out one of my favorite songs on the trumpet for our introductions and their song choices for dinner and dancing could not have been more perfect for us. I feel like they totally understand our taste and didn't need much direction with that which eliminated a lot of unnecessary stress from the whole process.
    Overall, the Don Cagen Orchestra was my favorite part of our wedding and it also happened to be the least stressful and most fun part of it too. They are so versatile and they sound AMAZING! I highly recommend working with them for your wedding. Thank you, Don and Becky!

Doreen · Married on 10/22/2016

It has been over a week since our daughter's wedding, & we are STILL receiving RAVE reviews about the performance of this outstanding, top-tier band! Over the 18 mos. of planning for this event, communications with Don and Becky were an absolute pleasure. They listened carefully to the bride's and groom's requests and delivered all of them with a smile. We chose the 13-piece band for a perfect range of Genres, vocals, and instruments. Guests were on the dance floor until we had to close down! Additionally, we followed Becky's expert advice on including their violin act, The CoverGirls. WOW FACTOR x 10!! This superb, Pop/Rock surprise performance had all of our guests in shock & awe, ending with a huge standing ovation! These ladies blew the roof off our club!! We HIGHLY recommend this addition to your entertainment! Another highlight, among too many to list here, was Don's use of his EVI, which left us all mesmerized. We have all been on an emotional high for over a week now! Many thanks to Don, Becky, and their unbelievable performers for such a magical, memorable, FUN, and enchanting evening! The epitome of professionalism and musical entertainment!! Sincerely, Don & Daurine Bridenbaugh

Scott · Married on 10/08/2016

Two months after our wedding, folks are still asking, "where did you find THAT BAND?' We went into our planning process thinking we'd likely go with a DJ. Thankfully our wedding planner had the sense to talk us out of that. If you looking to create a lively, fun experience with professional musicians - Cagen Music is the way to go. The process was simple and fit our schedule and the night of we couldn't have been more pleased...the dance floor NEVER STOPPED. At first, at 10 piece band seemed excessive, but once we understood that it meant continuous music (no breaks) and such a variety of vocals and sounds we were convinced...Don and Becky didn't let us down.

Cara · Married on 09/17/2016

We were lucky enough to have "The Big Beat" as our wedding band this past September. They literally brought the house down! We still have friends and family talking about how good they were. Besides the actual even, Don and Becky were amazing people to work with and totally understood our vision from the first time we met and throughout the planning process. I feel like the music can sometimes make or break the evening and I knew I had nothing to worry about once we found "The Big Beat".

Caroline · Married on 09/03/2016

Cagen Music was the most incredible decision for us! We got married at the beautiful Blackstone Hotel, downtown Chicago, in September and had heard wonderful things about this band. We went to meet Don almost a year before the wedding and he played us some of their music via cd and we were blown away. Well, we were even more blown away the night of our wedding. They are the best band we have ever heard live. So professional, they work the crowd, know all the right beats to get the entire room on the dance floor all night long. The party did not stop!
    Becky and Don are so professional to work with every step of the way. I am Australian (my husband is American) and I requested a Men at Work song to be played and Don made it happen on the night. It was a huge hit and everything was SO memorable.
    They are worth every cent. You can't beat a live band but especially the Cagen's!

Becca · Married on 11/07/2015

Don Cagen Orchestra is without a doubt the best of the best! Working with Becky and Don was spectular in every way possible. They were both highly communicative and involved with planning. In addition, they understood our wedding vision and were able to turn our dreams into a reality. Becky and Don offered new and unique ideas to make our wedding memorable and perfect. The entire Don Cagen Orchestra had high energy and passion on stage. They even learned a new song to play for our first dance. The violin show during dinner was beyond our dreams and we will never forget it!

Our wedding guests are still talking about the brilliant and talented Don Cagen Orchestra. You and your wedding guests will remember the Don Cagen Orchestra for many years to come! Thank you so much to Becky, Don, and the entire Cagen Orchestra for making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Suzanne · Married on 09/26/2015

What a professional and talented group! We were thrilled with the Don Cagen Orchestra. The dance floor was packed all night. My husband’s grandpa who has literally never danced in his entire life did not leave the dance floor once they started playing. After the evening came to an end, his grandma turned to me and said, "this was the best night of my life." The band knows how to read a crowd and keep the energy up. They took the time to learn our wedding song and played it beautifully. Thanks for making our wedding reception a total success!

David · Married on 11/08/2014

Yesterday we used Incognito for our wedding in St. Charles. Going into it there's always that fear that the band won't sound as anticipated, but holy cow did they hit it out of the park! The dance floor was jam packed from the very first song until the last song had finished. Every age group was on the floor having the time of their lives and we had countless guests ask us where we found the band telling us they've never seen a dance floor stay so packed. They were so good that after the last song our guests were chanting "one more song!" for an encore.

Nothing but positive things to say about Incognito and very highly recommended.

Juli · Married on 08/16/2014

The Cagen Orchestra made our cocktail hour and reception a memorable one! The guests commented that they felt like they were at a concert, loved the music, and danced the whole night. The selection of music was perfect for our guests and exactly what we wanted. The orchestra was able to read the feel of the guests and play the appropriate music to keep the dancing going. The orchestra kept their three violinists until the end with the guests cheering for them. The members of the orchestra made an effort to speak with us during/after the event. Becky and Don Cagen were very personable and a pleasure to work with. They were responsive and offered suggestions without being pushy. We chose to use their Jazz Trio during the cocktail hour, which was enjoyed by all. We chose the 13 member band, including the 3 violins, for our reception. They can perform a wide variety of music from classical to oldies to pop. They even learned/arranged our first dance song and father-daughter song even though those songs were not on their list and played them perfectly! I even had a friend ask if the orchestra would travel for their wedding! I would not have chosen another band or DJ for anything.

Judith · Married on 09/29/2012

Our daughter's wedding was the highlight of our lives. Don and Becky took us by the hand and walked us through every step of the way. The bride and groom were invited to the Cagan home/studio and given a variety of choices to make for thier "evening. Many phone calls along the way assurd us we were in good hands. The day of the wedding the music at the church was magnificent. Don and his string quartet , made our guests gasp with each new selection. How could we have known it would only get better...The Reception was perfect. The orchestra had everyone on the dance floor all night long. And all night long our guests sang the praises of the musicians. We could not have asked for more. We would tell anyone not to hesitate to use these accomplished professionals. We all felt we had the greatest orchestra in Chicago! Thanks for everything!

We used Incognito Band (subset from the entire band) from the Don Cagen Orchestra and are incredibly happy with the job they did! The dance floor was full the entire night, they alternated smoothly between music of different generations/genres and, most importantly, we had tons of fun! They also did our ceremony music and dinner music, which also were wonderful. Highly recommend!

Jane · Married on 09/24/2011

Incognito played at my wedding this past weekend and was phenomenal! I was a bit hesitant, as I booked them without hearing them live or finding many reviews on them...but they were a hit! We needed band that would not only sound great, but would also entertain both our younger and older guests by integrating the age groups' music tastes without "sectioning" the music so only the older or younger guests would be dancing at any given time. As you know from attending weddings, that is no easy feat. But, Incognito achieved exactly that. The band even managed to get the older, really traditional folks to dance to Lady Gaga!!!

Throughout the evening and after the wedding, many of our guests effusively commented on the band. They even learned 2 new songs for our wedding on short notice and BOTH sounded amazing! Leading up to the wedding, I interfaced primarily with Becky Cagen, who, like the band, is just fantastic! She provided the pefect balance of guidance and suggestions to provide us with reassurance and a seemless flow. I highly recommend Incognito for anyone who wants a fantastic band!

Kay · Married on 06/26/2010

We used Don's group, Orchestra Chicago. They did a great job and we have received many compliments from our guests.

Roula · Married on 06/05/2010

Becky & Don Cagen were great! We initially were only going to do a dj but decided that our venue needed the elegance of a band for entertainment. They are very professional & flexible with planning song selections for our wedding. We wanted 2 songs that were not on their list for our first dance & combined mother/son, father/daughter dance and they accommodated our request one week out from our wedding. They recommended having a greek band they work with to come cover that portion of dancing but we already had our dj working on that portion of the dancing. They have a "no problem" attitude to all things music related. They recommended hiring their violinists but it was out of our budget so they included the violinists at no extra charge to us. They provided our cocktail music & dancing from 9-12am. They were great at keeping the guests entertained & dancing throughout the entire the night.

mary · Married on 06/06/2009

All our guests talked about after our wedding was how great our band was...and...in particular...the 3 violinists who cranked it up as the evening went on...Don and his band were phenomenol...They knew their crowd and played to it...Absolutely fantastic !!! We'd use them again and again for future events...

Carrie · Married on 11/08/2008

Cagen music is one in a millions. Becky and Don are some of the sweetest people I've ever dealt with in business. They're no pressure, want to please and really know their stuff. While they do have their own thing going on, they 'manage' other bands and really have a great thing going. As we had some stipulations as to how large our band could be at the Shedd, they worked with and dealth with all of the minor stipulations and never bothered me once with problems that they may have run across.

Incognito, the band that played at our wedding, kicked some serious butt. While we did pay extra to keep the music going, they just played their hearts out the entire time! We have been to many weddings in the past year, and it's rare to see people really not ready to go when the lights come on. By the time we were asked to leave, there were so many people still there so pumped to go out from such a great time.

I'd highly recommend spending the money and getting a class act with Cagen Music!

jonathan · Married on 07/08/2017

I cannot even imagine giving a wedding without this amazing orchestra at the forefront of the affair. Don Cagen and his incredible wife Becky Cagen from the first moment until the last notes were played and sung made my daughter's wedding simply magical. There are not sufficient words to express our gratitude.
    Jonathan Minkus

Rachel · Married on 05/28/2017

What an amazing band! They kept the energy high all night at our wedding- from the hora to the last song, people were up dancing the whole time!! I am so happy we chose Cagen Music for our wedding and highly recommend you do too

Jen · Married on 04/21/2012

We recently had the pleasure of having Incognito (one of the bands that is a part of Cagen Music) play at our wedding. They kept the dance floor packed all night long and we received numerous compliments from our guests on the band: their style, range of genres and overall energy level. Ron, the band leader, reads the audience well and decided on the next song while the current song is being played in order to keep the people on the dance floor. The complete ten piece band really allows for a full fantastic sound. Becky Cagen (main contact) was a delight to work with. She was responsive and efficient in answering our questions. She made suggestions where appropriate and explained why she thought certain ideas made sense based on her knowledge of the band and the type of wedding we wanted. Reflecting back on the evening, her suggestion of continuous play was absolutely appropriate and perfect. If the band had stopped, our party would have stopped as well. I highly recommend Cagen Music and Incognito.

3.5

We booked the band Incognito under the Don Cagen Orchestra. They were an absolute blast at our wedding and they got everyone out on the dance floor. There was never a time when the dance floor wasn't packed! They played a wide variety of music that covered every genre and they sounded so good. We have gotten so many compliments about the band was amazing and a really good time.

Heidi · Married on 06/22/2008

3.5

We had eight performers and we were very pleased with each person's performance. The leaders truly listened to our requests beforehand and made the party exactly the way we wanted it. Even though the cost was a big part of our budget, it was definitely worth it. Our party was sophisticated and memorable.