Cafe Wha? Band Reviews

35 | New York, NY

35 Reviews for Cafe Wha? Band

35 Cafe Wha? Band Reviews

Jason · Married on 07/20/2018

We hired Cafe Wha? as our wedding band after having seen them perform in their club in New York City. Their preparation was meticulous and were willing to go above and beyond to meet all of our specific needs. It was imperative to us to have a great band, and we couldn't be happier to have selected Cafe Wha? The band was able to adjust music according to the vibe of the room and had most of the 260 person wedding dancing the entire night. We cannot wait to go back and see them perform at their club.

Laura · Married on 06/16/2018

Cafe Wha was incredible!! The musicians are so talented and easy to work with. We were so pleased with the music... in fact, our guests are still raving about it, and my guess is they will continue to do so for a while. So many people said, "Cafe Wha was the best wedding band they'd ever heard" - and it's true! We were blown away. I would HIGHLY recommend them for a wedding band. They know how to get everyone on the dance floor and keep them there all night! My husband and I couldn't have been happier with this choice for our wedding.

Rhonel · Married on 05/11/2018

If you're looking for a sleek, highly stylized, with practiced dance moves, formulaic wedding band, keep looking. If you're looking for a Band that simply brings warmth, amazing talent, has a real life club feel, and can totally rock a room without blowing out your ear drums, look no further.
    Amazing evening.... No one wanted it to end.

Rom · Married on 02/03/2018

During the planning of any event, let alone a wedding, a lot of time is spent doing research, especially for a key expense like a top band. My bride and I were beyond pleased with the level of service and quality delivered by Café Wha: these outstanding musicians had EVERYONE rocking from start to finish. So our little advice would be: go see Café Wha perform a set and book them right away---stop wasting your time researching for a band; you're going to need it for everything else!

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

Hiring the Cafe Wha band is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. From the moment we entered the reception, members of the nine piece band did not stop playing for a single second. They learned all of our special request - which ran the gamut of so many genres - rock, hip-hop, oldies, punk, R&B - and they nailed every single one. From Green Day to Kendrick Lamar to Foo Fighters to the theme song from The Golden Girls, they did everything from romantic to Rage Against The Machine and they were unreal all night long. They even mixed songs together, like oldies and hip-hop at once. Everyone we spoke to afterwards raved and said “where did you find that band??” We highly recommend them to all happy, music loving, couples!!!

Blake · Married on 11/04/2017

We couldn’t have made a better choice with picking the Cafe Wha? Band! The customer service was remarkable and they made the entire process as stress free as possible! All of our recommendations and requests were taken into account and they rocked! Some of their renditions sound better than the actual artists who made them famous! The band made the night and had the dance floor packed!

Donna · Married on 11/01/2017

Thank you Hap, Ben, Amadou and the entire AMAZING Cafe Wha? Band for ROCKING my daughter's wedding at Cedar Lakes Estate #thesistersofcedarlakes !! 240 on the dance floor ALL NIGHT!!! Thank you for playing every song Jess and Zach wanted AND all of the songs my husband and I requested! (Sweet Child Of Mine at the end of the night!!) You were all so accommodating, so nice to work with and of course the greatest musicians singers and entertainers!! Jon and I have been coming to the club on McDougal Street for 30 years, and as our kids got old enough we started bringing them and their friends- it's one of our favorite places! So we were thrilled when our daughter only wanted you to play at her wedding! However, we never dreamed that you could rock a big wedding the way you did!! It was unbelievable!! Unforgettable!! Thank you all so very much!!!
    Donna Ostrau

Justin · Married on 09/09/2017

I don't think I can express strongly enough how great the Cafe Wha band was. They made the entire process incredibly easy and fun. Ben was collaborative and flexible with us on song requests and planning the whole thing. We had them play during our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and during each one, it felt more like being at a concert than a wedding (which was exactly what we wanted). Our friends and family have continued to go on about how much fun they were and how engaged they kept our guests. There wasn't a moment where the dancefloor wasn't full. Truly a great experience and we'll be going back to the club to relive our wedding night with these guys for years to come!

Cafe Wha? Band 1

Colleen · Married on 06/17/2017

Absolutely a 5 STAR BAND!!!! They were AMAZING! Everyone at our wedding asked about who this band was and where they could see them again. They were above and beyond. Every single member of the band is extremely talented. It was the talk of the wedding. They were also super easy to work with regarding the the song list etc. I would highly recommend :)

Kevin · Married on 06/10/2017

There is simply no better band than Cafe Wha? Aside from their unrivaled performance, they were so pleasant to deal with - put together an amazing set list with minimal input from us, and fed off the energy of our wedding. Couldn't be happier with having them be part of our wedding!

monica · Married on 06/03/2017

This band was exceptionally good and played at my daughter's outdoor wedding. People did not stop dancing the entire night. They were engaging, professional and played all night long. If they took breaks, only a few members left while everyone else continued to play. It was very evident that these band members love what they do. The made my daughter's wedding extra special. I highly recommend Cafe Wha!!!

Elvin · Married on 05/28/2017

The band was f&#!'ing awesome. Easy to work with, professional, and most importantly, they ROCK. Unlike most wedding bands, these guys play together most night so they're in synch and understand crowds. Highly, highly recommended!

Lisa · Married on 05/27/2017

BEST BAND EVER! Music was the #1 priority for me and my husband in planning our day. We are both very critical and when we heard Cafe Wha, all we wanted was them for our wedding. The team, Hap and Ben were incredible and so helpful. The band was OUTSTANDING where our guests still ask us how we found and talk about the party.
    I can't recommend Cafe Wha enough - not one person sat down and everyone was dancing throughout the entire night. Absolutely watch these guys perform. You are in good hands I promise!

Keri · Married on 05/20/2017

So much cooler and more fun than traditional wedding bands. Cafe Wha knows how to read a room, how to adapt the flow of the night to match the crowd and the different events and how to really rock a fun party! They are super responsive, great communicators, and the most fun band we've ever boogied with (not to mention ridiculously talented).

Liz · Married on 11/05/2016

I really don't think we could have hired a better band than Cafe Wha for our black tie wedding on November 5. We saw them perform at the actual Cafe Wha last year and knew they would be a blast for the event -- and we were absolutely right! Aaron, the band leader, and Hap, the band manager, were a pleasure and easy to work with from start to finish. They listened carefully to our vision for the evening and performed flawlessly. We hired them as a ten piece band after having looked at a few other options. Budget-wise, they were an amazing value. They played a mix of Motown, oldies, rock and pop that struck all of the right notes with the crowd. Their keyboard player also played the venue's grand piano during cocktail hour. Many of our guests told us how great the music was, some noting that it was the best wedding band they had heard. They kept the dance floor packed at the right times and during our seated courses they continued to play soft music -- no iPod breaks or periods of silence, at all! They set the tone perfectly. Truly, I could not recommend them highly enough!!!

Caitlin · Married on 09/17/2016

I had the Cafe Wha? Band at my wedding in Westchester in September and it was one of the best wedding related decisions we made. We went to the club ahead of time and saw the band and were blown away by how talented they were. We couldn't believe that such an amazing band actually did weddings! They are the complete opposite of the cliche wedding band, and were exactly what we wanted. Hap, who handles the coordination, was absolutely wonderful to work with; he always responded to my questions timely and anything we requested he made happen (including having the band learn some country songs !). I also spoke with Kim, the band leader, to hammer out logistics and the flow for the day of and she was so nice to talk to and made me feel so at ease with how the day would go. At the wedding, the band absolutely killed it! They created such a fun party atmosphere and the selection of songs had people of all ages on the dance floor all night. During the wedding and in the days after we got so many compliments on how amazing the band was and how they were the best wedding band they had ever seen. In my opinion a band can make or break a wedding and I would not have trusted my wedding with anyone else. If you want to throw an awesome party and totally wow your guests get this band!

Marissa · Married on 09/02/2016

We can’t get enough of Café Wha! My husband and I visited Café Wha in Greenwich Village around 5 years ago on a trip to NYC after it came highly recommended from a friend for a fun night out. We decided to plan our Wedding in NYC and immediately after booking our venue, secured Café Wha, as good music was so essential to creating a fun and memorable Wedding reception. Café Wha did not disappoint! From booking, to discussing song selections, to delivery on the evening of our Wedding, Café Wha was exceptional. These are insanely talented artists who kept our guests dancing on the dance floor and singing along all night to every genre imaginable. Our guests are still raving about the band! It was worth every penny.

ashley · Married on 08/20/2016

Absolutely amazing! Hap & the band was professional and responsive. They played at my cousins wedding and I had to have them at mine. All of my guests were raving about them. They are not your average wedding band, because they are a REAL band. Did not regret splurging for a band instead of a DJ at all, worth every penny. I will recommend Cafe Wha to all of my friends/family and everyone reading this. Thank you Cafe Wha for making my wedding amazing and I look forward to seeing you guys again. :)

Maureen · Married on 07/30/2016

Cafe Wha rocked the Wedding all night long. Everyone was dancing! we were told by a number of pople including the staff at the wedding that cafe wha was the best band that ever played at a wedding.

James · Married on 04/03/2016

This band CRUSHED it for us. we could not have asked for more. We opted for the 9 piece band, with horns, and it did not disappoint.

My guest list was filled with veterans of many New Orleans jazz fests, and probably 50,000 live shows, and people raved "best wedding band ever", because they are NOT a wedding band, they are a fine tuned band that delivers the goods.

Hap manages like a pro as well, could not have been and easier process

Cafe wha made our wedding an incredible experience for not just us, but for all of our guests! We are still getting phone calls saying that the band was the best they have ever heard and that the event was the best they have ever been too! We can't thank Cafe Wha enough for making our event truly unforgettable!!!

Joshua · Married on 11/21/2015

We recently used the Cafe Wha? House Band for our wedding. Not only was the band very easy to communicate with (even through two venue changes), but they completely made the party. Every person at our wedding was on the dance floor all night, raving about the band. They offered a variety of types of music and were able to cater to our requests. They offered to learn any songs we wanted them to play. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone use this band for any occasion. They will not disappoint, and your affair will be the best one any of your guests have been to all because of the band alone.

Charles · Married on 11/07/2015

The Cafe Wha? Band was extraordinary. They performed a wide range of music, and were able to accommodate all guest requests. Members of the Band performed throughout the wedding reception, even during dinner. Virtually all guests in attendance were on the dance floor for most of the evening. Several guests complemented the Band following their performance.

Ravi · Married on 09/19/2015

We hired the Cafe Wha band for our wedding. They were phenomenal. Hap Pardo was our contact person and he invited us to the club to check them out first, he was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. Their band leader reached out to us about a month before the wedding and we went over song lists and a guest stand-in performance that we wanted to have as a special highlight. The band was awesome and the dance floor was packed from the start to the end of the reception. It was the best day of our lives and the band played a big part in that. Their song list and great sound was admired and complimented by all our guests. We would recommend them for any wedding, they can play and genre and they do it well.