31 Reviews for Cafe Wha? Band

Music During Breaks (1)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Sample Music (1)
30 Cafe Wha? Band Reviews

During the planning of any event, let alone a wedding, a lot of time is spent doing research, especially for a key expense like a top band. My bride and I were beyond pleased with the level of service and quality delivered by Café Wha: these outstanding musicians had EVERYONE rocking from start to finish. So our little advice would be: go see Café Wha perform a set and book them right away---stop wasting your time researching for a band; you're going to need it for everything else!

Profile Picture Rom, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hiring the Cafe Wha band is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. From the moment we entered the reception, members of the nine piece band did not stop playing for a single second. They learned all of our special request - which ran the gamut of so many genres - rock, hip-hop, oldies, punk, R&B - and they nailed every single one. From Green Day to Kendrick Lamar to Foo Fighters to the theme song from The Golden Girls, they did everything from romantic to Rage Against The Machine and they were unreal all night long. They even mixed songs together, like oldies and hip-hop at once. Everyone we spoke to afterwards raved and said “where did you find that band??” We highly recommend them to all happy, music loving, couples!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/11/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We couldn’t have made a better choice with picking the Cafe Wha? Band! The customer service was remarkable and they made the entire process as stress free as possible! All of our recommendations and requests were taken into account and they rocked! Some of their renditions sound better than the actual artists who made them famous! The band made the night and had the dance floor packed!

Profile Picture Blake , 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Thank you Hap, Ben, Amadou and the entire AMAZING Cafe Wha? Band for ROCKING my daughter's wedding at Cedar Lakes Estate #thesistersofcedarlakes !! 240 on the dance floor ALL NIGHT!!! Thank you for playing every song Jess and Zach wanted AND all of the songs my husband and I requested! (Sweet Child Of Mine at the end of the night!!) You were all so accommodating, so nice to work with and of course the greatest musicians singers and entertainers!! Jon and I have been coming to the club on McDougal Street for 30 years, and as our kids got old enough we started bringing them and their friends- it's one of our favorite places! So we were thrilled when our daughter only wanted you to play at her wedding! However, we never dreamed that you could rock a big wedding the way you did!! It was unbelievable!! Unforgettable!! Thank you all so very much!!!
Donna Ostrau

Profile Picture Donna, 11/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I don't think I can express strongly enough how great the Cafe Wha band was. They made the entire process incredibly easy and fun. Ben was collaborative and flexible with us on song requests and planning the whole thing. We had them play during our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and during each one, it felt more like being at a concert than a wedding (which was exactly what we wanted). Our friends and family have continued to go on about how much fun they were and how engaged they kept our guests. There wasn't a moment where the dancefloor wasn't full. Truly a great experience and we'll be going back to the club to relive our wedding night with these guys for years to come!

Profile Picture Justin, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Absolutely a 5 STAR BAND!!!! They were AMAZING! Everyone at our wedding asked about who this band was and where they could see them again. They were above and beyond. Every single member of the band is extremely talented. It was the talk of the wedding. They were also super easy to work with regarding the the song list etc. I would highly recommend :)

Profile Picture Colleen, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, MC, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

There is simply no better band than Cafe Wha? Aside from their unrivaled performance, they were so pleasant to deal with - put together an amazing set list with minimal input from us, and fed off the energy of our wedding. Couldn't be happier with having them be part of our wedding!

Profile Picture Kevin, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

This band was exceptionally good and played at my daughter's outdoor wedding. People did not stop dancing the entire night. They were engaging, professional and played all night long. If they took breaks, only a few members left while everyone else continued to play. It was very evident that these band members love what they do. The made my daughter's wedding extra special. I highly recommend Cafe Wha!!!

Profile Picture monica, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumentals, MC, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

The band was f!'ing awesome. Easy to work with, professional, and most importantly, they ROCK. Unlike most wedding bands, these guys play together most night so they're in synch and understand crowds. Highly, highly recommended!

Profile Picture Elvin, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

BEST BAND EVER! Music was the #1 priority for me and my husband in planning our day. We are both very critical and when we heard Cafe Wha, all we wanted was them for our wedding. The team, Hap and Ben were incredible and so helpful. The band was OUTSTANDING where our guests still ask us how we found and talk about the party.
I can't recommend Cafe Wha enough - not one person sat down and everyone was dancing throughout the entire night. Absolutely watch these guys perform. You are in good hands I promise!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/27/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, MC, Reception, Willing to Travel

I really don't think we could have hired a better band than Cafe Wha for our black tie wedding on November 5. We saw them perform at the actual Cafe Wha last year and knew they would be a blast for the event -- and we were absolutely right! Aaron, the band leader, and Hap, the band manager, were a pleasure and easy to work with from start to finish. They listened carefully to our vision for the evening and performed flawlessly. We hired them as a ten piece band after having looked at a few other options. Budget-wise, they were an amazing value. They played a mix of Motown, oldies, rock and pop that struck all of the right notes with the crowd. Their keyboard player also played the venue's grand piano during cocktail hour. Many of our guests told us how great the music was, some noting that it was the best wedding band they had heard. They kept the dance floor packed at the right times and during our seated courses they continued to play soft music -- no iPod breaks or periods of silence, at all! They set the tone perfectly. Truly, I could not recommend them highly enough!!!

Profile Picture Liz, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I had the Cafe Wha? Band at my wedding in Westchester in September and it was one of the best wedding related decisions we made. We went to the club ahead of time and saw the band and were blown away by how talented they were. We couldn't believe that such an amazing band actually did weddings! They are the complete opposite of the cliche wedding band, and were exactly what we wanted. Hap, who handles the coordination, was absolutely wonderful to work with; he always responded to my questions timely and anything we requested he made happen (including having the band learn some country songs !). I also spoke with Kim, the band leader, to hammer out logistics and the flow for the day of and she was so nice to talk to and made me feel so at ease with how the day would go. At the wedding, the band absolutely killed it! They created such a fun party atmosphere and the selection of songs had people of all ages on the dance floor all night. During the wedding and in the days after we got so many compliments on how amazing the band was and how they were the best wedding band they had ever seen. In my opinion a band can make or break a wedding and I would not have trusted my wedding with anyone else. If you want to throw an awesome party and totally wow your guests get this band!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

We can’t get enough of Café Wha! My husband and I visited Café Wha in Greenwich Village around 5 years ago on a trip to NYC after it came highly recommended from a friend for a fun night out. We decided to plan our Wedding in NYC and immediately after booking our venue, secured Café Wha, as good music was so essential to creating a fun and memorable Wedding reception. Café Wha did not disappoint! From booking, to discussing song selections, to delivery on the evening of our Wedding, Café Wha was exceptional. These are insanely talented artists who kept our guests dancing on the dance floor and singing along all night to every genre imaginable. Our guests are still raving about the band! It was worth every penny.

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Absolutely amazing! Hap & the band was professional and responsive. They played at my cousins wedding and I had to have them at mine. All of my guests were raving about them. They are not your average wedding band, because they are a REAL band. Did not regret splurging for a band instead of a DJ at all, worth every penny. I will recommend Cafe Wha to all of my friends/family and everyone reading this. Thank you Cafe Wha for making my wedding amazing and I look forward to seeing you guys again. :)

Profile Picture ashley, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Cafe Wha rocked the Wedding all night long. Everyone was dancing! we were told by a number of pople including the staff at the wedding that cafe wha was the best band that ever played at a wedding.

Profile Picture Maureen, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

This band CRUSHED it for us. we could not have asked for more. We opted for the 9 piece band, with horns, and it did not disappoint.

My guest list was filled with veterans of many New Orleans jazz fests, and probably 50,000 live shows, and people raved "best wedding band ever", because they are NOT a wedding band, they are a fine tuned band that delivers the goods.

Hap manages like a pro as well, could not have been and easier process

Profile Picture James, 4/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Cafe wha made our wedding an incredible experience for not just us, but for all of our guests! We are still getting phone calls saying that the band was the best they have ever heard and that the event was the best they have ever been too! We can't thank Cafe Wha enough for making our event truly unforgettable!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 2/27/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We recently used the Cafe Wha? House Band for our wedding. Not only was the band very easy to communicate with (even through two venue changes), but they completely made the party. Every person at our wedding was on the dance floor all night, raving about the band. They offered a variety of types of music and were able to cater to our requests. They offered to learn any songs we wanted them to play. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone use this band for any occasion. They will not disappoint, and your affair will be the best one any of your guests have been to all because of the band alone.

Profile Picture Joshua, 11/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Cafe Wha? Band was extraordinary. They performed a wide range of music, and were able to accommodate all guest requests. Members of the Band performed throughout the wedding reception, even during dinner. Virtually all guests in attendance were on the dance floor for most of the evening. Several guests complemented the Band following their performance.

Profile Picture Charles, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired the Cafe Wha band for our wedding. They were phenomenal. Hap Pardo was our contact person and he invited us to the club to check them out first, he was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. Their band leader reached out to us about a month before the wedding and we went over song lists and a guest stand-in performance that we wanted to have as a special highlight. The band was awesome and the dance floor was packed from the start to the end of the reception. It was the best day of our lives and the band played a big part in that. Their song list and great sound was admired and complimented by all our guests. We would recommend them for any wedding, they can play and genre and they do it well.

Profile Picture Ravi, 9/19/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Band

BEST BAND EVER... It is that simple.

To me, if your guests are moving everything else will fall in place. We had a large wedding of 350 people in a barn. The wedding had a lot of complexity so we need to make sure the band was not one of them.

I first saw Cafe Wha at a friends wedding and did not even look at another band. They are not your normal wedding band because they are a awesome New York staple that happens to play weddings.

They read the crowd and know when to put it on or take the foot of the gas... They just "get it".

They can play literally any song and have an insane amount of energy. The best part is how helpful they are leading up to the wedding. You are just at ease.

The wedding process is so stressful and if you go with Cafe Wha you won't have anything to worry about. We and our guest LOVED them.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 9/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I went to Cafe Wha in the West Village prior to signing the band for our wedding. After seeing them and having a terrific night with our friends, we decided they would be perfect for our wedding. Within the week we had the band booked and were so confident they were going to do an incredible job. Come the time of the wedding, Hap and the band members were extremely professional to work with. The answered all of our questions in a timely manner and filled every request that we made. During cocktail hour the band played soft music that worked perfectly with the ambience. The first song had the entire wedding on the dance floor, and throughout the entire wedding people did not leave. At the end of the night, people were demanding "one more song"! Our wedding song was not an easy one to learn and they nailed it (Lumineers, This Must Be The Place). The energy from the band members was profound. My husband and I were extremely happy with Cafe Wha Band and highly recommend them to any couples looking to hire them.

Profile Picture Allison, 7/10/15, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Allison, 7/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I have been going to Café Wha? for many years. They played at my sisters wedding 10+ years ago and at my wedding a couple of weeks ago. They are AWESOME. While they were not cheap, they are worth every penny! The talent is unreal, they are professional, and they can play pretty much anything and everything. Huge Café Wha? fan for life. Highly, highly recommend.

Profile Picture User5283546, 2+ years ago, 1 Review