Cafe Soleil Reviews

Cafe Soleil 5
Cafe Soleil 6
Cafe Soleil 7

Samantha · Married on 08/11/2017

Jennifer and her team catered our wedding celebration in August, and it was absolutely wonderful. We were pressed on time and had a few last minute changes needed, but they accommodated us with patience and produced a magical event. We visited the El Sobrante location first to taste test and discuss our vision. The food was perfect and working with Jennifer was amazing. We were a little here and there with our initial ideas, but she managed to pinpoint our vision and we came up with a wonderful menu. Most of the logistics and financial discussion was through her catering partner Cecy, who also helped us through finding our gorgeous wooden vineyard tables and my napkin color choice.

The day of the event my husband and I were all lover the place, but Jennifer and her team came in early and swiftly began setting up. Jennifer was a calm and reassuring presence throughout the whole event. Our guests all loved the food--even reminding us about it after the wedding! I admit I didn't get to eat much during the event, but Jennifer was so sweet and let us take the additional dessert and cheese plates with us. The whole family of staff were so friendly and professional. Perfect! Thank you to all for a magical day~~

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Cafe Soleil 8
    Cafe Soleil 9
    Cafe Soleil 10

sylvia · Married on 06/08/2013

From the moment my husband and I first spoke with Jen, we were captivated by her passion. She made us feel like we were her only clients and that we would get everything we hoped for and more on our wedding day....She puts so much of her heart into making others feel special.

During the wedding all I could hear from my guests was about how awesome the catering crew was. Not one glass went empty the whole time - wedding had approx. 120 people. Later, way after the wedding was over, once we returned from our honeymoon, I found out that she had jump many hurdles to get us what we asked for.....yet we didn't hear any faults during our big day.
    There was full set up and tear down and she worked with every other vendor to ensure that our wedding went smoothly.

Her staff are respectful and hard working.

Now to the good stuff - the food. The hor'dourves were of excellent quality and plenty to go around - everyone raved about the crab cakes.... The main course was just as good. I had a steak that literally could be cut with a butter knife - the chicken received great reviews and our vegetarain/vegan crowd was pleased as well.

Jen, you and your staff deserve every 5 star rating that comes your way! Thank you for everything, you went far and above what anyone in your industry calls service.

Can't wait to visit your restaurant again!!!

Sent on 07/19/2013
  • User3241999 · 2+ years ago

We worked with Jennifer for our company event and she was very accommodating. We received the best quote from her and she was willing to cater to our needs. She offers the plated banquet or buffet. We opted for the buffet so that everyone can sample everything on our menu. She even created a small kids buffet.

She is always busy with events so you can't always get an answer from her right away but usually by the next day she would email back. Her staff was professional and the buffet table was nicely decorated for the holiday party.

Everyone thought the food was very flavorful and good. Although for me in the future, I will ask that the steak be cooked to rare or medium rare because the meat will keep cooking during transport and while its on the chafing dishes. We also had a mashed potato bar where everyone got to add their own fixings to the mashed potato. Although I did get some comments about not having gravy but that can easily be fixed next time. Jennifer is very accoommodating and is willing to work with you. Also the bacon wrapped filet mignon appetizers were to die for! We will definitely be having that on the menu next time. The desserts were great as well. We will be using Cafe Soleil's catering services for our future catering events. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 12/16/2013