Cafe Soleil Reviews

Cafe Soleil 5
Cafe Soleil 6
Cafe Soleil 7

Sudha · Married on 02/14/2015

Jennifer is simply amazing.

We recently got married in San Rafael and she worked to coordinate our small but complex (well, it was to us!) arrangement. She's such a lovely person to work with and always made me feel like things were going to work out..and they did! I often told her she had an amazing ability to calm me down and get me excited at the same time.
    Everyone commented on how smoothly the wedding and reception went. Her staff was efficient, quick and consistently met the needs of the guests. Decor..perfect; the little touches here and there were noticed. She has an eye so trust her.
    I want to thank Jennifer and her team again! Do not hesitate to hire Cafe Soleil for your wedding or catering events. They are SO worth it!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Cafe Soleil just catered our 2014 Holiday party for 260 people. The food was fantastic, we had yummy treats galore, absolutely delicious fondue, gourmet sliders, shrimp cocktail, a s'mores bar, she did a beautiful job for us. Cafe Soleil nailed it on taste, the lay out and we did not run out of food over the course of our three hour event.

Jennifer helped from the planning of a perfect menu for our event and listened to us on what we were looking for. She worked closely with us to make sure everything we needed was covered. She is always responsive and incredibly friendly to work with. At the party she pulled off the replenishment of food without a kitchen, which our venue did not have. Her staff are all amazing, which speaks volumes about her when so many of them have been with her for many, many years. Jennifer understands what it takes to make the event successful and you can trust her experience and know-how.

This was a big event for our company and for my team, we were delighted to receive so many compliments on the food. Everything we asked for was delivered upon and we could not be more happier about the success of our event in big part to Jennifer, and her team.

Have a s'mores party at your next event, it’s a lot of fun and a big hit!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Excellent food ! Excellent staff ! Jennifer had multiple events that day. Hard to believe she made us feel like we were the only one.
    Amazing Job to you and your staff.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Chelsea · Married on 12/13/2014

Jennifer made us feel extremely comfortable with her services from the get-go. She was always professional, punctual, gave thorough explanations of what Café Soleil can offer, and went over the process and procedures of how our event would be managed. We were blown away. At no point did we have those "too good to be true" doubts, or feel pressured to cough up a deposit (as I'd felt with the first 2 caterers we'd met). Jennifer and her staff went above and beyond the duties of a catering service. She made our reception look stunningly beautiful, displayed all of our décor for us, arranged our centerpieces on the tables, and so much more. She and her staff took care of all the things I was stressed about handling. She took away my stress. Did you hear me? JENNIFER TOOK AWAY MY STRESS. THIS IS WHAT EVERY BRIDE NEEDS. The entire Café Soleil team was awesome. Attentive, polite, friendly, professional, but also....they seemed to have FUN working my reception. Genuine smiles from all of them. I'm not sure if Jennifer is aware that her passion for her job shows on her face when she works, or that it's abundantly obvious that her staff loves working for her. It shows. Everyone saw this. When even the catering crew enjoys themselves at your wedding, it just sets the tone for a magnificent event. Great caterer!

Sent on 01/11/2015

I have been using Café Soleil Catering for my corporate events for over 9 years. Jennifer has consistently helped with the planning & set-up. Their food quality, service & prices are second to none!

Mike Frith
    510-243-9621

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sal · Married on 11/22/2014

Cafe Soleil catered our daughter's wedding. They did an outstanding job. The food was exactly the same high quality as the wonderful tasting we had. Jennifer and her staff were very professional in their service of the guests for both the cocktail hour and the plated dinner. They made our guests feel special. Also, the time line was followed with precision.

Jennifer is very easy and flexible to work with. She accommodated our special requests and made it very easy for us. She even help coordinate the table and chair rental we needed and made it very easy to attach this to our contract. We cannot say enough about Jennifer. She makes a stressful situation easy to deal with.

We highly recommend Cafe Soleil, Jennifer and her staff.

S&R

Sent on 01/02/2015

Cassie · Married on 10/26/2014

Jennifer catered our wedding and I wish I could rate her a million stars on here.

1) She custom designed a BACON BAR for us.
    2) EVERY SINGLE PERSON at the wedding came up to us and complimented the food. They loved every single thing that was served. And I'm not exaggerating.
    3) Her table settings and all the "extra" tables with drinks etc were incredible. She worked within our budget and made it look like a millionaire's wedding.
    4) Working with her was a dream and her staff was professional and friendly.
    5) She custom designed a BACON BAR for us.

Any event I have in my life, whether it's a friend or family member's wedding, my own vow renewal later in life, an anniversary milestone party for my parents....I wouldn't think twice about who to book. It's Cafe Soleil's Jennifer, hands down. It doesn't get any better than her. You can waste all your time shopping for caterers, go for it, but planning for weddings and parties is so stressful...fret no more, Jen is your gal.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/18/2014

Jennifer is fantastic! She catered our wedding of 100 guests in San Francisco at an art gallery. Her catering is super affordable, so I had my doubts. But all doubts were quashed when I walked into my venue on my wedding day.

She had decorated the food tables beautifully and all my guests gushed about the food all night. We had passed appetizers and appetizer stations throughout the whole evening. Jennifer's crew cooked and served for hours. Each appetizer was better than the last. She even separated the shellfish in the cooking process for my one allergic guest. Jennifer is super flexible about what food, wine, and beer she'll serve. She worked with us perfecting our menu for 6 months. I'll definitely use her again for my next event and I'd highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/10/2015

Vivienne · Married on 08/02/2014

We’re regulars at Café Soleil and when we found out that Jennifer caters weddings, going local seemed a good idea. It turned out to be so much more than that. Jennifer “takes on” her brides and makes sure that your special day is truly special and everything is taken care of. She worked with our guests’ dietary needs (gluten-free and dairy-free options), connected us to excellent economically-priced vendors for flowers, lighting and other services, and also helped us create a next-day family brunch in the function room adjoining the café. She worked wonderfully with our overall wedding co-ordinator, fine-tuned our reception venue floor plan, and even included our ceremony venue altar cloth in our linens order. The wedding feast was delicious, served graciously and on time by her wonderful team, and the table settings were enhanced by her lovely cake stands and candle holders. Taste highlights for us were the scrumptious chicken marsala and garlic mashed potatoes, the plentiful and perfectly cooked vegetables, and be sure to include the bacon-wrapped figs in your appetizer selection – they are divine!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Rachel · Married on 07/20/2014

I cannot thank or recommend Jennifer enough!

I was in a real wedding planning funk when I called her, after the umpteenth conversation with a caterer I'd never be able to afford. I'm SO glad I called Jennifer. She means it when she says she knows what her brides (and grooms) want! She knows we want delicious, pretty food that we can actually afford. Plenty of it, so that our guests feel like they've really been taken care of. And she delivers! I felt like I was truly in good, caring, knowledgeable hands the whole time.

And we were. Jennifer was flexible and professional. She had no problem with the fact that our space had no real kitchen. She was gracious and made it work when a guest gave us a very extensive list of allergies at the very last minute! Did I mention the food was so good? I would seriously go eat the mushroom ravioli right now if I lived closer. And she made everything look beautiful. CALL HER!
    xo
    Rachel

Sent on 01/15/2015

Alison · Married on 05/25/2014

Here's how everything with Jen went: my wife and I hate mushrooms, but once we tasted Jen's mushroom ravioli, we were in love and convinced this was the caterer for us. Jen was simply amazing. She charmed (and fed) my mother at the tasting, answered anxious bride emails right away (changing champagne offerings at least one thousand times before we were happy), and best of all, negated the need for me to have an on-site coordinator. She told us from the beginning that she'd help set up on site, and on the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond: got there early and set up, rented and brought us an arch for the ceremony, put together the tables and centerpieces, set up our wedding decor - including signs and burlap for us to walk down the aisle, and did everything with her beautiful, calming smile, which assured me that my wedding was in excellent hands. Her staff was friendly, professional and helpful too, and everything went just perfectly.

Best of all, cuz she's the caterer, every single guest commented on how delicious the food was! "Much better than your typical wedding stuff" was the common theme; and Jen's salmon was a hit all around. I can't say enough about how happy we are with Jen and Cafe Soleil! I'm trying to come up with another event, just so I can work with Jen again.

Sent on 06/13/2014

My guests would not stop talking about how delicious their dinner was. Next, the food is presented beautifully, with quality staff serving and taking care of my guests needs. The tables were set like works of art. The owner, Jennifer is a genuinely caring, creative and passionate individual who is beyond reliable. She made me feel like family. She exceeded my expectations of a catering service. And lastly, and most importantly, the value you get for the money spent is worth every penny. I shopped around, A LOT, and i'm so happy i chose this caterer. You wont regret it.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Dennis · Married on 10/10/2013

Jen and Todd catered my mother's 100th birthday party in Elk Grove, California. They brought their entire team, cooks, waiters and waitresses up from El Sobrante and put on a great dinner for over 100 guests. They handled every detail professionally from selection and setup of linens and table settings through preparation and serving the dinner. Clean up afterwards was totally quiet while we went on with music and speakers. All in all it was a great party!

Sent on 01/13/2015

corina · Married on 07/26/2013

best wedding caterers ever =) beautiful staff and delicious food. Michael and I got married on July 26th at the Arsenal in Benicia, we knew it was going to be challenging because our venue had no full kitchen ..When catering searching came about and I seen the menu for Cafe Soleil it was almost a right away guarantee we wanted them :-) at our tasting appt my fiancé was not able to join so my in-laws accompanied me as well as my mother and that was where I first met Jennifer. She had a beautiful Restaurant , lots of great wedding photos to show me and on top of that she had worked at my venue several times and knew the in and outs :-) she was sweet enough to send the tasting home so my fiancé could try and he loved everything..Our main dishes were Chicken Saltimbocca , Sirloin steaks, and Porcini ravioli with the vegetable and garlic mashed potato sides and also great appetizers , all my guests LOVED the food as well as the groom and I. And Jennifer made sure I ate that day , she is so sweet :-) When it came to linen selection time Jennifer went out of her way to make sure I got the best and believe me they were the best.. I loved the vintage and the tiffany blue ..they were amazing.... we made the best selection with Cafe Soleil. Thank you so much Jennifer and all her staff for making my wedding day perfect =) my linens were gorgeous, food was phenomenal, and loved, loved, loved planning with you. <3 The newlyweds

Sent on 12/11/2013

Mike · Married on 03/16/2013

Jenn and her team were simply amazing from the first tasting meeting to the wedding they were perfect. They were very attentive, supportive and completely professional. We loved working with Jenn and her team. The meals were hot and amazing for 280 people. She put us at ease and allowed us to enjoy the moment. Our friends and guests were very impressed. Hire them, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Jackie · Married on 12/31/2012

Flexibility and ease working with Jennifer. She knocks it out of the park with the quality of her food and services. Our wedding was put together at the last minute and she was overly accomadating. Two years later and I still receive comments on how wonderful our wedding was. Didn't think twice about who to use to throw the best baby shower ever.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Christopher · Married on 12/12/2012

We hired Cafe Soleil on relatively short notice (2 months before our wedding), and they were super accommodating and flexible, even during the busy catering month of December. Our guests raved about the food, especially the chicken marsala. The preparation and service were both timely and professional. We highly recommend Cafe Soleil as a wedding caterer.

-Rusty and Sarah

Sent on 03/08/2015

Annaliza · Married on 08/11/2012

I wish there were more than 5 stars to rate Cafe Soleil! I hired Jennifer and her staff to cater my 1920s Art Deco vintage theme wedding, and it was definitely one of the best decisions my fiance and I made when choosing our top vendors to work with.

As the bride, I was very particular in how I wanted everything to look, feel and play out on the day of our event - and Jennifer captured my vision immediately. The Cafe Soleil staff went above and beyond to make sure the ambiance for our dinner reception was nothing less than perfect. The table settings were impeccable, the food was DELICIOUS and in addition to that, the service was second to none! So professional, and its obvious that Jennifer takes pride in her restaurant and the services she and her staff offer.

I highly recommend Cafe Soleil for your next event/celebration!

Jen · Married on 10/15/2011

I love Jen at Cafe Soleil. She is a smart, funny person. She knows how to treat all of her brides like queens. There is a reason she is so busy during the year. Her food is wonderful and she is very charming. I would refer her to anyone. She will work work with your budget. She has many different options and helps you figure things out. She has been a caterer for many years. All in all I recommend her services.

Sent on 12/29/2011

Susan · Married on 10/02/2011

If you are looking for an creative and caring caterer who attends to every detail of your event, look no farther than Jen from Cafe Soleil! She is a preferred vendor at Club Los Meganos at the Vineyards at Trilogy in Brentwood where our daughter had her wedding reception for 200 guests. We traveled to El Sobrante for a tasting we will never forget. Jen just keep bringing out the food and everything was fabulous! She helped us select just the right number of appetizers and suggested plated as well as passed which worked out perfectly!!
    When we changed our table set up to include chargers, and wanted family style rather than plated, Jen never missed a beat! She met with the staff at Trilogy the evening before to discuss how it would all come together. . And flow it did!
    Jen arrived early to pocket fold 200 napkins and insert our menus (we thought we would need to do all of this) and created a dinning room that took our breath away. The appetizers were gobbled up by the guests as they waited for the bride and groom to arrive. The service was fabulous as her staff even took the appetizers down the road to the bridal party to enjoy while they were having their pictures taken. there was nothing but high praise for the food. Guests came up all night complimenting and asking, "Who was the caterer?" Even the cake was brought to the guests whether they were sitting at their tables or outside on the patio enjoying the night sky.
    Food has all been served, kitchen is clean and Jen is still at the venue waiting to help clean up!! She was by our side clearing tables, making sure we had all the times we needed to return to the florist, and just making sure the evening ended as well as it began.
    Jen went above and beyond to make this evening extra special for "her" bride and extra special it was! When our next event rolls around, you can guarantee that we will be calling Jen!
    Thank you for everything!
    by the way....Jen never stops smiling!

Pamela · Married on 07/31/2010

We felt so lucky to have Jen Arrouzet cater our wedding. She had over 100 mouths to feed, but she made sure everyone's meal was perfect. Jen was a pleasure to work with. She really took the time to get to know us, and help us feel comfortable and confident in our meal choices. Once we had met with her, we had complete faith that we and our guests would be well taken care of, and that we could put our focus elsewhere and just look forward to our special meal. Jen offered her own personal flair when we needed inspiration, but was always attentive to our specific tastes and needs. She went out of her way to create vegetarian appetizers for us, a Marsala sauce concocted just to our liking, and special children's meals. Jen will treat your event as if she were putting it on for her own friends and family. She is sincerely concerned that everything turn out just right, both to meet her high professional standards, and to keep her customers happy. Drop in for a meal at her restaurant, too--the vibe there is cozy and relaxed, and the food is delicious!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Lori · Married on 06/04/2010

FABULOUS!!! We had Jennifer and Todd cater our daughters wedding recently at the Trilogy Club Los Meganos in Brentwood. We were MORE than satisfied with the entire experience. From the first time we met at the food tasting until the event was over we were extremely happy with them. The food was FANTASTIC and everyone attending the wedding raved over their meal. It was served in a timely manner, prepared exactly how we discussed, tasted great and the presentation was awesome! They give you choices, good prices and follow through with their promises.
    When you are preparing for a wedding the last thing you want is to be stressed about the food and the service that comes with it. One of the things we worried about was if the food would actually be as good or the same amount that was served to us during our food tasting. Without a doubt it was the same and perfect as promised. By choosing Jennifer and Todd from Cafe Soleil it took a huge burden off our shoulders as they reassured us they would do everything possible to make the dinner at our daughter's wedding one to remember..... and they did!
    Thank you Jennifer and Todd for a job well done!

Lori Duran

Stephanie · Married on 05/30/2009

Jennifer and Todd Arouzet with Café Soleil Catering was the best thing to happen to us when it came to wedding planning. Jennifer the owner and her staff worked extremely hard to give us the wedding of our dreams, while still meeting our price point. We were able to get everything we wanted at almost half the price of the other catering quotes that we received. The stress that comes along with planning such a big event can be overwhelming. We got married at a private home in the Napa Valley outdoors. With Napa being such a destination wedding location it was impossible to find a caterer that would meet our price point. Jennifer not only accommodated our price point, but was there to walk us through each step; she became not just a caterer, but essentially our wedding planner as well. She coordinated our menu, rentals, and every last detail. Jennifer prepared an awesome and delicious menu with three different appetizer options and four entrée choices. We got several compliments from family and friends letting us know that the food was not only delicious, but the portions were a very good size as well. She saved us thousands of dollars on flowers by taking me to the flower Market in San Francisco. Jennifer helped me assemble 15 center pieces as well as other arrangements for the wedding. On our wedding day Jennifer served our 150 guests with sophistication and style. Jennifer and her staff hand passed three different appetizer choices along with champagne. She worked with diligently with our photographer and DJ to time everything perfectly. Jennifer and her staff at Café Soleil are amazing; they went above and beyond what they needed to offer. They worked so hard to make our dream come true. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to get the most bangs for their bucks!
    Stephanie Miele, Sacramento CA.

Peter · Married on 09/20/2008

Jen and team were the best! The food was wonderful and she took care of the logistics and setup. She is so easy to work with and a great value!

Sent on 12/23/2014

We had a backyard wedding and trying not to spend millions, Jennifer was able to give us a beautiful day that included 60 people (it was perfect). She allowed up to be involved in as much of the process as we wanted. She had very good taste in helping to pick rental equipment all the way down to umbrellas over the tables.
    The food included appetizers before the ceremony, and a sit down lunch after the ceremony. We purchased the cake elsewhere but she was there to receive it when it was delivered and did the cake cutting and serving. She allowed us to supply our own alcohol however she rented the stemware and would have provided a bartender/server if we wanted but we had our own person for that. She was extremely cooperative with us using other people where we wanted such as the bartender. This was a gay wedding in 2008 and her and her staff was very profession and polite to all of our guest. Lastly I should mention the food was delicious.
    We have also used Cafe Soleil catering for parties and she did five appetizers and had a server to walk around passing them out, again nothing seems to big or to small for Cafe Soleil.

Sent on 01/16/2015