Cafe Soleil Reviews

Cafe Soleil 6
Cafe Soleil 7
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 10/07/2018

Cafe Soleil rocked my wedding! :)

There are so many reasons I loved going with Cafe Soleil catering for my wedding a couple weeks ago. It was a long relationship, over a year of planning pieces of the event. I love how inclusive the wedding package is! Bar service - WOW that made it easy to only have one vendor for both food and beverages, gratuity - nice to know everyone is taken care of ahead of time, plus so many beautiful decorations included that other caterers don't offer. I was my own coordinator and new to the world of wedding norms, so I really appreciated Jen and Cecy coaching me through options for all the details... and there are so many details. Everything went just as planned, couldn't have been happier! Get the porcini mushroom raviolis omg. Appetizers were great too. Lastly, they dealt with my rather untraditional ways and accommodated things like a cheese wheel wedding cake and getting extra linens for my green screen photobooth. Do the tasting, ask everything you're curious about, and you will be thrilled!

Cafe Soleil 8
  • W

William · Married on 07/06/2018

Jenn did a fantastic job for our wedding. She created a special vegan/vegetarian menu for us and the food was incredible. Even our non-vegetarian relatives said the food was fantastic! Everything turned out so well. All of the staff were very pleasant and professional. Communication about the menu, floor plan and all the little details was spot on and executed flawlessly the day of. Really can't say enough good things.

Shereen · Married on 06/24/2018

Amazing service the day of the wedding and great responsiveness prior to the day! The food was delicious and the staff that worked the wedding were so professional and kind. We are so happy with how it all turned out!! I highly recommend Cafe Soleil!!!

Laura · Married on 01/27/2018

Cafe Soleil catered my 50th birthday party, and they were great! Cecy (business manager) and Jen (chef/owner) were super easy to work with, very accommodating and responsive. The food was delicious and plentiful, the staff was very attentive, and everything went really smoothly. I'd highly recommend them! Their prices were by far the most reasonable of any of the other caterers I contacted, and Jen was really agreeable and easygoing. We had a wonderful experience working with Cafe Soleil!

Daisy · Married on 10/26/2017

We decided to choose Cafe Soleil as our wedding caterer after the first meeting with Jennifer. She is a very nice, responsible and patient lady. After the first food taste, Cecy, the event manager, contacted me by emails and she also forwarded every email to Jen.

Both Jen and Cecy helped me a lot and I even didn't have to hire a wedding planner. Since my guests are a very small group, Jen assisted to rent chiavari chairs from rental company and delivered chairs and arch to my wedding venue! My guests still talked about Cafe Soleil's staffs' beautiful smile, it made everyone feel warm and happy.

I would say my wedding cannot be so perfect without Cafe Soleil's perfect service! And another important thing is the COST, Cafe Soleil is very affordable and reasonable in bay area and the quality is awesome!

Cafe Soleil 9
    Cafe Soleil 10
    Cafe Soleil 11
    Cafe Soleil 12

Lmar · Married on 09/11/2017

We can't fully express how wonderful the Cafe Soleil team is. We hired them to cater our wedding in Berkeley, CA at Tilden Park. Jen is a great caterer but in addition she is an amazing human being. Not only did she provide great food, and attentive service during the reception but she bent over backwards to help us execute a wonderful wedding. The staff are great people who will work extra hard so that they provide great service. There was an unexpected thunderstorm and Jen and the staff were quick acting and flexible. I can't fully express how great it was to work with Jen especially since I had no clear idea on how to plan for a large wedding. Thank you Jen & Todd. I had an wonderful wedding. I recommend Cafe Soleil to anyone who wants to stay within their budget, eat great food, receive attentive service, work with a amazing caterer.

Cafe Soleil 13
    Cafe Soleil 14
    Cafe Soleil 15
    Cafe Soleil 16

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

I don't know where to start...
    Jen and her team are amazing. I did not know that a wedding could have such delicious food! When we first met with Jen we knew right away we had to have her and her wonderful food! She uses quality ingredients and every thing is cooked to perfection. Not only does she cover food/bartending/alcohol/set up/ clean up/ glassware/silverware and everything in between but she covers linens and has a great list of vendors for everything else. I can not thank Jen and her team enough! They did an outstanding job for our wedding and we feel so bad it landed on the hottest day recorded with a place with no air conditioning. They were troopers! The reception looked gorgeous, food was spectacular and everything went smooth. Our guests raved about the food especially the cheese tortellini & bacon wrapped figs yummm. Shout out to Cecy for being an angel- best event manager ever! She was so quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Truly grateful we were able to have Cafe Soleil for our special day and can not thank them enough!

• Abigail

Abigail · Married on 06/29/2017

Cafe Soleil did an amazing job. Jen was so attentive to what we needed and always communicated to us how her top priority was to make sure my day went smoothly so not just I but my family could celebrate. I always recommend this cafe for food everyday and the catering to any bride who is looking for amazing prices with also AMAZING food!

Emily · Married on 10/21/2016

Cafe Soleil did an amazing job catering our October 2016 wedding. As a bride who was planning her wedding from out of town, it wasn't easy to plan everything, but Jen definitely gave me the confidence that everything was going to work out. Jen even helped us in saving some money by letting us borrow some items rather than renting. She also recommended some amazing vendors for us to work with (which we are extremely happy with and were affordable!) Our guests loved Cafe Soleil's food and their service. There are many other reviews I've seen that said their caterer is the most affordable and best service, but honestly Jen is the best. I would definitely recommend Jen and her team!

Che · Married on 09/25/2016

I was referred to Cafe Soleil by my wedding coordinator. She raved about how great it was to work with Jen and Jen did not disappoint. In fact, she took care of more than just my catering needs. Not only was the food spectacular and her staff attentive, but Jen also helped with designing our tablescapes and room layout. She even went above my expectations and rented some beautiful gold rimmed plates as an added bonus! She spoils her clients!
    We had several last minute changes in our plans, but Jen and her staff adjusted quickly and made our wedding day stress free! My guests are still raving about their great service and delicious food. Do yourself a favor and hire Cafe Soleil. They are a hidden gem!

Denna · Married on 09/24/2016

Wow, where do I begin! First, off the word thank you, is just not a big enough word of how my husband and I feel. We felt so much love and care from Jennifer & Mark to make our daughter Halle and son in law Evan's wedding so beautiful and perfect on 9/24/2016

Jennifer (owner) was so easy and kind to work with. As busy as she is, she always got back to us in a timely manner. She goes above and beyond for you!

Mark, you your wife, and your team on Saturday was just AMAZING!!

Everything, was just PERFECT!!!

From your professionalism, to attention to detail, and friendliness was right on point.

The food was fabulous! Everyone commented how delicious it was and remarked at the generous portions that were given.

We HIGHLY recommend Jennifer, Mark, and their amazing Cafe Soleil team.

Thank you once again! We love you guys.

Connstance · Married on 04/16/2016

Thank you Café Soleil for helping to make our wedding dream come true! I’ve heard it said, guests don’t remember the food but our guests have raved this past week about “the BEST food they’ve ever had at a reception!” Jen, your easy-going nature calmed me when I needed it most and I will always appreciate your kindness, wisdom and advice on everything from food pairings, colors, accessories to ceremony set-up. For couples considering Café Soleil for catering, know this: Jennifer, Todd and their staff will go above and beyond your expectations to make sure everything is beautiful and you have the wedding you were promised. They are friendly, professional, keep their word and will work with you to make YOUR wedding the best wedding in the world.

Gabriel · Married on 04/09/2016

Thank you so much for helping us put on an amazing night with great service, beautiful place settings and absolutely delicious food. Your raviolis are seriously good! We greatly appreciate your professional staff and Mark was on point with taking care of us, super cool guy too. You guys went above and beyond, we couldn't of done this event without you! Once again thanks for everything!Gabriel & Amelia Avila

Dylan · Married on 03/19/2016

My husband and I used Jennifer as our caterer for our wedding. When we first reached out to Jennifer we were amazed at her friendliness and experience. We had some not so great experiences before we found her. Upon first meeting we decided that she was the one to help us with our wedding. Jennifer let us taste some of the food at the restaurant and we were hooked! All the food we tried was delicious! Especially the ravioli! You must try it. Unbelievable. One thing that I loved about Jennifer was her calmness. As many know, planning a wedding is stressful enough. Jennifer always had solutions to problems and was a great calming force. The wedding went off without a hitch. Her staff was amazing. Friendly, always smiling, and just all around fun people. The food was perfect and her presentation was awesome. Jennifer also worked with my sister in law who wanted to help with some of them planning. I was really impressed that she did that; many people wouldn't. She was also conscious of cultural differences and allowed us to bring a cultural dish to the event. I would recommend her to any and all who want a great planner and great food at their wedding. We really enjoyed Jennifer and her staff and will visit her restaurant again. Check them out!!

Dylan · Married on 03/19/2016

Jennifer is friendly, helpful, and completely calming. She was the best.

• Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 10/10/2015

Café Solei was absolutely a dream to work with!

First, let me say that Jennifer and her team are truly talented, creative and their professionalism was top notch! Jennifer is a gem. She really worked hard to make our wedding day memorable and beautiful. Our family, and friends where equally impressed with the serving set-up, decorations, linens, chairs and most importantly the amazing food that was served. The presentation was great and it tasted delicious. (their crab cakes and pork sliders are the best). We are still getting compliments from our family about the food and the amazing service.
    I highly recommend Café Solei. They were easy to work with, you get a great deal with Jennifer and she goes above and beyond to make your wedding day stress free. You will love her!

Thanks again Café Solei for everything! We had a blast at our own wedding! :-)

Jennifer and the crew from Cafe Soleil are nothing short of amazing. We found her by way of recommendation on this site and we couldn't have been more pleased!

Flat out - The food is fantastic. The service is second to none. If they were any more flexible, they would make Gumby cry. If you are looking for a top notch, no drama, hassle free vendor to work with for your wedding or event - Cafe Soleil is it.

Our reception venue cancelled on us with less than 12 hours before the event. Basically, anyone's worst possible nightmare when having family and friends traveling in to celebrate our special day. I can honestly say that without Jennifer and her staff, we would have been stranded. Lost. Completely embarrassed. In less than 12 hours she moved heaven and earth for us, finding a fantastic venue, providing the best service i've ever received, and ensuring that nothing was going to keep us from celebrating our big day.

They coordinated everything for us and it was nothing short of a miracle. Our guests - other than the fact that we had to tell them what happened - had no idea that all of this had been rearranged within hours of the event.

If you are looking for a group who will go to no ends to make sure that your needs are taken care of, that has the friendliest staff that I've ever been around, and really does everything within their power to ensure your event goes off without a hitch, then Cafe Soleil and Jennifer are what you are looking for.

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2015

I can’t say enough great things about this catering company! They are hands down, THE BEST! They’re food is amazing and Jennifer (the owner) will go above and beyond for you. As busy as she is, she makes herself available whenever you need her. Not to mention how generous she is as well as affordable. She offered to let me use any decorations she has accumulated from other weddings at no extra charge. Her motto is “every bride should have the wedding of their dreams” and she truly wants to help make that happen. Our wedding was two weeks ago and people are still letting me know how great the food and staff were. I have 2 friends who have also used her catering services and we all give her a 5 star rating! You won’t be disappointed! At the very least, go check out her restaurant (Café Soleil) in El Sobrante and try their breakfast (or anything for that matter!) Everything on the menu is excellent! My favorite is the porcini mushroom raviolis in a marsala sauce. YUM! See ya soon Jen!

Veronica · Married on 06/05/2015

Jennifer and her crew are amazing! We had a backyard wedding and it was perfect. Jen was easy to get a hold of, a joy to work with, the food was delicious, prices were more than reasonable, and her staff was courteous and professional. We loved the way our tablescapes turned out and they put everything together in a timely manner. Couldn't have even imagined working with anyone else! Book Jennifer and cafe soleil for your next big event!!

sarah · Married on 05/22/2015

Jen is amazing. She is a pleasure to work with and will go out of her way to make sure your wedding is everything you cant it to be. I have worked with many caterers and none of them come close to her. Her ability and willingness to do anything for you and her excitement when it comes to your event makes you feel like you truly are a princess. Her team is incredible as well. And the food. Multiple of my guests told me that is was the best wedding food they ever had and we live in the Culinary Capital of Napa Valley so that tells you something. I also had the pleasure of attended two other weddings she did and it was the same feelings at those events. She literally is the best in Northern California. Thank you doesn't cover it but THANK YOU JEN!

Susan · Married on 05/02/2015

Jen and Todd went out of there way to make our wedding fantastic, the food was amazing and the set up was absolutely beautiful. Jen took a lot of the stress of me I didn't have to worry about anything when it came to my reception dinner. Everyone commented how great the food was I couldn't have been more pleased I ate first then talked with my guest that's how great the food was.

kristianne · Married on 03/28/2015

My husband and I love the food at cafe soleil, so when we found out that they not only cater but the price was affordable, it was a no brainer deciding on who would cater our wedding. Jennifer is so amazing; she helped me with any questions I had while I was planning and had great suggestions. Not only did she make our reception beautiful, her staff was so kind and helpful. Whatever we needed, they were on top of it. We got so many compliments on the food from our guests. I would recommend cafe soleil fr any catering event.

This review is specific for an event that was catered by Jennifer and her staff. I have eaten at the cafe many times and the food has always been solid! Love Dale's hash browns!!
    So, the catered food for my party was great and the service was amazing! Jennifer came up with a great menu for my Anniversary party and we handled all the details over the phone and via email, which was great for me because my life is just too darn busy to have to meet with her in person! I told her my colors and she came up the perfect tablecloths and napkins. The servers were fantastic they passed the appetizers and poured the wine and did it all with big smiles. It felt like they were having a good time being there and taking care of our needs! The prices were reasonable and no one left the party hungry! The entire event was totally stress free and my guests had a great time! Thank you Jennifer for a great event!! You and your staff ROCK THE HOUSE!!

Sudha · Married on 02/14/2015

Jennifer is simply amazing.

We recently got married in San Rafael and she worked to coordinate our small but complex (well, it was to us!) arrangement. She's such a lovely person to work with and always made me feel like things were going to work out..and they did! I often told her she had an amazing ability to calm me down and get me excited at the same time.
    Everyone commented on how smoothly the wedding and reception went. Her staff was efficient, quick and consistently met the needs of the guests. Decor..perfect; the little touches here and there were noticed. She has an eye so trust her.
    I want to thank Jennifer and her team again! Do not hesitate to hire Cafe Soleil for your wedding or catering events. They are SO worth it!

Cafe Soleil just catered our 2014 Holiday party for 260 people. The food was fantastic, we had yummy treats galore, absolutely delicious fondue, gourmet sliders, shrimp cocktail, a s'mores bar, she did a beautiful job for us. Cafe Soleil nailed it on taste, the lay out and we did not run out of food over the course of our three hour event.

Jennifer helped from the planning of a perfect menu for our event and listened to us on what we were looking for. She worked closely with us to make sure everything we needed was covered. She is always responsive and incredibly friendly to work with. At the party she pulled off the replenishment of food without a kitchen, which our venue did not have. Her staff are all amazing, which speaks volumes about her when so many of them have been with her for many, many years. Jennifer understands what it takes to make the event successful and you can trust her experience and know-how.

This was a big event for our company and for my team, we were delighted to receive so many compliments on the food. Everything we asked for was delivered upon and we could not be more happier about the success of our event in big part to Jennifer, and her team.

Have a s'mores party at your next event, it’s a lot of fun and a big hit!