Caberfae Peaks Reviews

38 Reviews for Caberfae Peaks

• Kayli

Kayli Knowlton · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Amazing wedding experience

My husband and I got married at Caberfae Peaks in October 2019. Jessica, our coordinator, was nothing short of amazing. We are from 2 hours away, so planning was not exactly the easiest, but Caberfae staff made it a breeze. The day of, everything went so smoothly. While we were away taking photos, the guests were taken care of and moved around. The food was the best wedding food I have ever had, and over 50 of my guests have personally made comments to me about how that was the best food they have ever had. If you are considering getting married here, do it!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Allison Ryan · Getting married on 09/06/2020

Dream Wedding Venue

This is one of the BEST wedding venues in Michigan. It is also one of the most affordable venues. My husband and I got married at Caberfae Peaks this June 2019 and we had our ceremony and our reception at the resort. We have both been in a wedding parties before, and have attending a large amount of weddings as guests- and the team at Caberfae was and the venue as a whole is by far the best of the best. Missy was our wedding coordinator and I cannot say enough positive things about her. From start to finish, she made everything so stress free and EASY! If you are looking for a beautiful, outdoorsy, rustic and charming venue- give Caberfae a call and look at their beautiful pictures on their website. I promise you won't regret it! We LOVE Caberfae!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Breanna-Lee Ruelle · Married on 11/10/2019

Excellent Venue and Staff

Missy, and the rest of the caberfae staff are extremely helpful, kind, patient and understanding. They make sure to meet your expectations and go beyond them. They keep your guests collected and help keep the stress off your shoulders.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Gauden · Married on 10/25/2019

Better than we could have dreamt!!

We had the absolute best experience with Caberfae and Missy in particular! She answered our billions of questions without ever rushing us or making us feel like a burden. She was thorough, explained every part of the process and always made us feel like her only client! We had a few requests that were outside the norm due to dietary restrictions (severe gluten issues), she was able to accommodate every little request and made it seem like it was no big deal, they could handle it; we are so unbelievably thankful for her and her team! As a bride, I can’t tell you how important it is to not have to worry about a thing on your big day! Such a relief! Everything turned out perfect and the venue is nothing short of stunning!! Lit up at night, it’s absolutely glowing; it was nothing short of magical! We received so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked, we couldn’t be happier!!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Jennifer Ashley · Married on 10/18/2019

Couldn’t have asked for more

Caberfae is a beautiful venue to have your up-north wedding! Not only that, but it’s a great value staffed by amazing people who truly care that your day goes smoothly and you enjoy every second of it. For someone who may not enjoy the planning process in general (like myself), Caberfae is even more perfect with their own food, bar, rehearsal dinner option, hotel, and vendors they work with closely. Being from out of town, we chose vendors they recommended for the details they didn’t offer and it made everything easier. We highly recommend Caberfae!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Paige Stankus · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect wedding day

I cannot say enough amazing things about this venue and team. My wedding was beautiful and stress free. There was not one single thing that I can say didn’t go exactly to plan.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/04/2019

You really can't ask for anything better!

You really can't ask for anything better. Beautiful location! We did not decorate the hall outside of oil lamps on the tables because it is that beautiful. The food was complimented more than anything! Beef Ribs and Stuffed Pork. Rehearsal dinner ended in the hot tub that is open year round. We had a fire in the pit after the wedding for the late nighters! Missy was easy to work with and accommodating in every way. She really knows what she is doing. You can not beat this place for the price or quality. The reviews are spot on. The wait staff and front desk staff is great. I absolutely need to highlight a staff member named Marcie! She found the groom and myself hanging out upstairs right before the wedding ceremony and chatted with us for a bit. After we were married, she gave us a little piece a paper with the exact time we said I do. She gave that extra personal touch that is so rare to find in strangers.

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Scott

Scott Schram · Married on 09/27/2019

Absolutely amazing place to have a wedding

My wife and I were very blessed to have had our wedding at Caberfae Peaks. The entire staff was extremely helpful and flexible to our needs. I had an incident where my chairs were not delivered by another vendor on time and the Missy Smithwick, our wedding coordinator, said to not worry. She had her team get chairs out for us right away. The venue was gorgeous. We received numerous compliments on our choice of venue. Not only that, but having the hotel right across the way from the reception made for an amazing time. I cannot recommend Caberfae enough. They really made for an amazing experience.

Sent on 12/06/2019

Jordan · Married on 09/21/2019

Two words for Caberfae Peaks: Simply Amazing

I got engaged in August of 2018 and wanted a summer 2019 wedding. After a couple months of searching I was frustrated and gave up looking because I couldn’t find anything that was available during the summer months and suited our needs. That was until a friend from work mentioned Caberfae. I had given up hope due to the let down of other places, so she ended up calling for me. They had one date left, November 9th, 2019. I was very hesitant about a November wedding, but agreed to view the venue with my fiancé. When we arrived for our viewing we were greeted by Missy, who followed by giving us a tour and very thorough run down of how the venue works. She painted the most perfect image and promised we wouldn’t regret choosing them. I of course figured she was just trying to get rid of the last date available, but signed the papers anyway because it was beautiful and if I was gonna have to have a fall wedding that was the perfect place for one. After having my wedding, I can honestly say Missy wasn’t lying about a thing she said. I had the most beautiful and smoothest running wedding I’ve ever seen (not just being biased). Our coordinator was Jessica and she was phenomenal. Jessica was great at communicating with me and never once made me feel bad for my constant questions and concerns. Between her and our DJ Josh with Eagle Entertainment our wedding ran perfectly. If you’re thinking about having your wedding at Caberfae, do it. You and your significant other won’t regret it. Caberfae truly does as much as they can for you to make your day easy. Also, listen to the recommendations they have for vendors. We went with Josh with Eagle Entertainment for our DJ, and Melissa with Tie the Knot Bouquets.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Emily

Emily Sara Childers · Married on 07/21/2019

One stop shop!!

We had our perfect day thanks to Jessica! She helped coordinate with outside vendors and ensured everything was perfect. We cannot say enough nice things about the venue, the food and the staff.

Sent on 08/14/2019

Emily,

What a pleasure it was to be a part of your and Doyko's special day. Jessica loved working with you! She is so passionate about her involvement with our weddings, striving to make the day as perfect as possible. We loved that you chose us as your host venue, and are delighted you loved your day. That was the plan. Best wishes for a happily ever after. ~ The Team
  • User4040936 · Recently married

They do so much to make sure your day is special. They are affordable and professional. The food is amazing. They also went out of their way to invite us to a wedding expo with all of the vendors in the area. I am looking forward to see the final result of the wedding.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Caberfae Peaks's reply:

We are so happy that you chose us as your wedding venue. Our Taste of Caberfae is a wonderful event we host each year for our upcoming couples. This is the perfect opportunity to meet our team, get answers to those surfacing questions, sample our food (yes, it is amazing thanks to our chef and culinary team) and meet our preferred vendors. We believe if you are comfortable with us and trust what we do then your wedding day can’t help but be magical. That is what we want for all of our couples.

Allie · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing! The most perfect day!

Our wedding was on May 26, 2019. It was one of the most joyous and perfect days of our life. We initially met with Missy Smithwick, our wedding coordinator, March of 2018. At this point, I had searched for a wedding venue for nearly a year and was slowly losing hope of finding one that fit our style and budget. I feel lucky to have found Caberfae when I did because over a year out and there were few dates remaining for the 2019 wedding season. I would say that it was a combination of its "up north" appeal, the phenomenal pricing (which was far below many resorts in the area) and our coordinator Missy that helped us in making this huge decision.
    Looking back on our wedding day now nearly two months later, everything went exactly as I could have imagined it. The day was flawless, the food was tasty, the bar was stocked and the service impeccable. Many of our guests mentioned that our wedding was the most seamless and smoothly ran wedding they had ever attended, not to mention how convenient it was to have everything all in one place. All I can say at this point is many thanks to Caberfae for helping our day come into place and our dream wedding into reality.

Anyone looking at having a wedding at Caberfae Peaks will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Allie & James,
    What can I say that hasn't already been said? I want to thank you both for allowing me to be so involved with your wedding. It was truly an honor and a privilege to have your trust. It was a beautiful day because of who you are. I hope you have many more joyous and perfect days in this new life, called marriage. The two of you are so deserving of the finer things life has to offer. Lucky to have found us? We are the lucky ones, and very grateful that you found us too. Thanks for leaving such sweet memories behind. Wishing you the very best. ~ Missy

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect day

We are so thankful we chose Caberfae for our wedding. Everything was beautiful and we received so many compliments from our guests on choosing such a beautiful venue with tons of people commenting on how great the venue set up was. The food was amazing and the bartenders were great-Jessica who was managing the bartending and food services for our rehearsal dinner and wedding was so friendly and helpful and went out of her way to make everything perfect. Missy in sales and events was amazing and so accessible and responsive and coordinated our wedding perfectly. Honestly it was the perfect day and we wouldn’t have changed a thing!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Caberfae Peaks's reply:

Lauren what a pleasure to work with you and Lance. Your wedding was beautiful and we had so much fun with you, your family and friends. Thank you for letting us be a part of such a special time in your life. On behalf of our team, we wish you an exciting adventure together.

Kyle Tayler · Married on 11/09/2018

Stunning venue without the (financial) stress

Our wedding experience was perfect. Jessica took excellent care of us, answered a million questions and was always asking what she could do to help. The venue was beautiful and had so many compliments. Caberfae handled everything except what we were, who took our pictures and the music we listened to. All for a fraction of the price we would have paid elsewhere. Get married at Caberfae!
    -Kyle and Maggie

Sent on 12/06/2018

Kyle and Maggie,

We are so happy that you chose our resort to host this special day. Isn't Jessica wonderful to work with?! She is such an asset to our weddings and it is no surprise that she took excellent care of you. We hope we can continue to offer our couples an incredible experience on their wedding day at a price they can afford. On behalf of our wedding team, best wishes Mr & Mrs.

Madison Francis · Married on 10/19/2018

Awesome place for a wedding

There is one phrase I can use to explain Caberfae Peaks weddings... ONE STOP SHOPPING. They take all the stress out of planning your wedding by providing you with a list of local vendors for everything you can think of and then they go one step further... they invite you to their taste testing and invite all the local vendors to the site to meet you! Its a flawless plan and works so well! My wedding went so smoothly when working with Caberfae and their local vendors, I can't say enough about the whole crew! I would recommend anyone looking to get married in a beautiful wooden ski lodge and plan a hassle free wedding, go to caberfae. All the team there is awesome to work with and they do a wonderful job making a Brides wedding day that much more seamless. 5 star ratings for sure. Their food was great, the crew to work with was great, and their local crew they work with is awesome too. Like I said, I can't say enough great things about Caberfae and their weddings!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Madison and Nathan,

What an honor it was to host your wedding day! Thank you for sharing your experience with other potential couples. We try to make wedding planning a fun process. A process that is simple, all-inclusive and as stress-free as possible. After all, this is a day to celebrate, and what a celebration we had! Our very best to you both.
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 10/13/2018

Great, but needs a bridal suite

The team at Caberfae was so great to work with! The staff were all so kind and professional. Our day came together better than I could have imagined. The only thing that I would recommend is that Caberfae get a bridal suite for the bridal party to get ready in.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Leah and Ben,
    What a beautiful and classy couple you are. So happy your day came together better than you imagined. Isn't our team is fantastic?!! They love what they do and we think it shows. By the way we listened, and have created 3 new king size rooms in our hotel. Between that and the 900 sq. foot room we offer inside our lodge, we think we have the bridal party covered. Wishing you both a wonderful adventure together.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/12/2018

The staff at Caberfae, along with the beautiful location and updated lodge make this the best Northern Michigan wedding venue@

This is a perfect venue for both a wedding ceremony and reception. My wedding was held at the lodge at Caberfae Peaks on October 12th. Everything turned out perfect and very organized. Missy and her whole team did a great job tending to my needs and my guests. We even had a rehearsal dinner at Beaties Bar & Grill inside the resort the night before and the food and service was also perfect. I highly recommend Caberfae for a wedding venue. I also recommend using Melissa Walker for your flowers. She was recommended through Caberfae and I was more than happy with my bouquet and my girls bouquets as well. Ruthann Segovia was my cake lady who is also recommended by Caberfae and she took my very unique topsy turvy cake idea and made it exactly as I pictured it and it also tasted delicious! Thank you again to my wedding coordinator Missy Smithwick, Chef Curtis, Jessica Browser, and all the banquet and bartending staff that played a role in making my big day perfect.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Ashley,

What a treat to be a part of your and Ray's wedding day. Your Alice In Wonderland theme was awesome. You brought your vision to life that day with your creative ideas and your personal touch. You know, we always love when our couples work with the vendors we recommend, as we recommend them for a reason. They never disappoint. Nor does our team. So happy that you are happy! Wishing you that special fairy tale life together.

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding at Caberfae

Not only was the venue beautiful, the staff made our day perfect! My husband and I were married at Caberfae this past September and I couldn’t imagine having our wedding anywhere else. Missy was our wedding day coordinator and was there to help us every step of the way! She made sure we had no worries on our best day ever, other than to have just that - the best day ever. Their prices with everything included/package type deals worked perfect for us and the food was amazing! Our guests couldn’t stop talking it! We blocked the entire hotel and our guests loved being able to go between the lodge and their hotel room.

I simply cannot say enough good things about Caberfae!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Ashley,

Thanks for sharing your experience. You and Jayce were so great to work with and I'm delighted that your day was everything you were hoping for. You put so much of your heart into planning this day it couldn't help but be the perfect day. Your family and friends were a delight to celebrate with too. I can't imagine you getting married anywhere else either! So glad you chose us. Wishing you both the finer things in life for a life well lived. ~ Missy
  • Tracy

Tracy V · Married on 09/15/2018

The Best Wedding Weekend Experience!

My husband and I were so happy with our daughter’s wedding at Caberfae Peaks! The entire weekend certainly exceeded our expectations, from the Rehearsal Dinner to the Sunday morning brunch. We thought so, and many of our guests commented, what a great wedding weekend it was. We think the venue and incredible staff at Caberfae Peaks, certainly were a large part of the reason for this!
    We didn’t realize this until the weekend began, but being able to stay on property and have the rehearsal dinner, as well as the reception on site, certainly added to the great experience. Our guests were able to mingle together before and after all of the official activities ended. The Caberfae poolside area was a perfect area to accommodate the informal activities and provided a relaxing atmosphere for this.
    We can’t say enough about the food too! It was very good and also exceeded our expectations. The rehearsal dinner, the reception, the Sunday brunch all were delicious. The items that stood out were the Walleye, beef brisket, green beans and the Sunday morning waffles with the fresh fruit and variety of toppings.
    Specifically, we wanted to mention some of the staff that stood out during the weekend. The night manager, Marvin, was so patient and kind to us as we enjoyed socializing in the pool area on both Friday and Saturday nights. And when the frantic bride could not locate her wedding day jewelry the night before, he kindly unlocked the reception hall and helped us locate the bag, while searching by flashlight! Also, the supervisor, Jessica, helping to clean up after the reception, was very accommodating as we were gathering our personal decorations. Then, at Sunday morning’s brunch, she was there again and was so nice and helpful as we were moving the wedding gifts out of the brunch area.
    Lastly, but certainly not least, working with Missy was an absolutely wonderful experience! She was so knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire weekend. It was easy to see she enjoys her role at Caberfae Peaks, with the enthusiasm she showed for our wedding, even though she sees so many weddings there. We appreciated how much she reached out to us throughout the weekend to ensure things were going OK, or if anything was needed. She has a great attention to detail which helped make the entire event a wonderful experience for all, especially the bride and groom!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Caberfae Peaks's reply:

Tracy, Thank you for writing such a detailed and kind review. We knew that Nathan and Emilee's wedding weekend was going to be a very special time, and what an incredible weekend it was! I am delighted that all of their family and their friends had a fun time and felt taken care of. I have to agree that we do have a special group of people that keeps our resort rated with 5 stars. Caberfae is blessed with a team of professionals that not only love to work, but love what they do, including our culinary team. Chef Curtis is awesome! Our very best to the newlyweds and please, come visit us again. We'll have our smiles waiting for you.

Gretchen · Married on 07/28/2018

We got married at Caberfae last weekend, Saturday, July 28th. We had an out of this world experience and would highly recommend this venue. The staff was fantastic and great to work with, from the staff in the hotel to the staff at the reception, they were all so accommodating and helpful! Missy was our wedding coordinator but she was more than that, we consider her a blessing. She was always there when we needed her and we put our full trust in her without hesitation! There was not one hiccup from the time we arrived to when we departed which we have the staff at Caberfae to thank for this along with all the recommended vendors that we chose for our special day!

Again we highly recommend Caberfae and we hope to be able to share someone else's special day here! Thank you for making our wedding a day we will remember for the rest of our lives as a day filled with love and support from our family, our friends and from the loving staff at Caberfae!

- J & G

Sent on 08/01/2018

Gretchen & Jared,
    I can’t help but smile when I think of you. What a fun weekend we had with you, your family and friends. It is so apparent how very loved you are. I am delighted that your wedding day memories will be filled with all the richness and love that everyone experienced on that beautiful sunny day. Thank you for your trust but most importantly, for leaving such loving footprints on the heart's of our team. Please come back and visit us. ~ Missy
  • Larry

Larry · Married on 07/21/2018

Highly recommended

We had out wedding at Caberfae this past July. We looked at lots of venues before booking Caberfae for our wedding and looking back I know we made the right choice. The venue and the food were everything we had hoped for. Missy and her team are true professionals and a joy to work with. I can't say enough good things about Caberfae.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Larry,

You and Chris were such a pleasure for me. I absolutely loved working with you! Might I add, you two know how to throw a party, and what a party it was. It was also very clear how loved the two of you are. Thank you for letting us be a part of this day, for trusting us, choosing us and letting us be a part of your celebration. It was wonderful. ~ Missy

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2018

Okay, this might be a long one, because I am so blown away by the Caberfae Peak's staff on my wedding day, July 14th. Being from Mt. Pleasant, MI, many people asked me before my wedding day, why I chose Caberfae Peaks, since it was an hour and a half away. Now that my wedding day has passed, people now fully understand. I got the following comments: the food was AMAZING; the venue was beautiful; the staff made us feel so welcomed; the dance floor was packed (Josh, Eagle Entertainment); late night pizza was just what I needed; the bartenders were on point; hanging out at the hotel right next door after the wedding was a blast. I could go on; it truly was the perfect venue. The best part about it was the fact that it was the most reasonable venue, when doing my research. Thanks Caberfae staff, for making it such an amazing day. Also, a huge shout out to Missy, my wedding coordinator, for making our families and ourselves feel so welcomed and cared for. You are amazing at what you do!! :)

Sent on 07/31/2018

Kelly and Kohl,
    Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with others. Kelly, you were absolutely beautiful! We so appreciate you making your family and friends trek up to our world to celebrate this special day. And what a celebration it was! We all had a blast and would host any event for your family and friends over and over. We can’t help but wish you the most exciting adventures and the best of times on this new journey together.
    Missy
  • Savannah

Savannah Aeschliman · Married on 07/01/2018

Caberfae- Easy AND Beautiful!

Missy was a BREEZE to work with as well as the rest of the stuff! She made sure that I was comfortable and assisted with everything on the big day!

She was VERY responsive to every email or concern that I had. I really appreciated her style and grace, as a sales manager myself, I have high standards for customer service. I had my reception and ceremony in the Blackmer Lodge and it was BEAUTIFUL. If I were to do it all over again- I would have my wedding at Caberfae Peaks again and again! It's affordable, gorgeous, and has beautiful scenery for your wedding images.

She made sure that I was set before she headed out for the evening, too. The entire wait staff was professional, quick, and there to answer any questions that the guests had about the food or alcohol. You really can't beat Caberfae and you WON'T be disappointed.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Savannah,

I can't say enough how beautiful you were on your wedding day! Isn't our team incredible? They truly love what they do and they make hosting weddings look easy. So happy that you and Reece loved your day. We loved being a part of it. Bests wishes from all of us. ~ Missy

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2018

Caberfae Peaks-Wedding

Caberfae Peaks is the ideal location for a wedding. The staff at Caberfae is so kind and goes above and beyond! It is so convenient to have everything in one place (ceremony, reception and lodging). Our out of town guest were very impressed and highly enjoyed the entire experience as did we. As a bride, Caberfae made the entire process easy and they have excellent event coordinators that make your day go as planned. Cant say enough good things about Caberfae. My husband and I highly recommend this resort!!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Danielle,

Thank you for your kind words. We loved that you and Jimmy chose us to host this Best Day Ever. You know we just love what we do here at Caberfae and wedding season is our coordinator's favorite time of year. We try to help alleviate the stress so our brides can enjoy not just their wedding day but the entire planning process. It's about having fun and being comfortable. Thanks for trusting in what we do. We all had fun that day. Our very best to you both!

Danielle Schuldt · Married on 06/16/2018

Our Perfect Day!

We had our wedding in June of 2018. We booked it the day we saw it. We fell in love with the staff and the venue! Every person on the staff from front desk to maids are very nice and very helpful! Jessica went out of her way for us and answered all emails or phone calls same day! We had to change our venue from outside to inside less then 2 hours before out wedding due to weather. She grabbed every staff member she could find and with her and the staff it was set up in 10 min! The food is amazing garlic potatoes are a must! We also did the cookie and brownie bar for desert and it was amazing! We had our after party at the pool with all of our friends and family! The best decision my husband and I made was booking Caberfae! Its hard being a bride.....it was hard planning a wedding 4 hours away from home..... But the staff made it easy on us! Book Caberfae for your wedding! I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/06/2018