C&O Restaurant Catering Reviews

C&O Restaurant Catering 1
  • Susan

Susan Barnes · Married on 06/22/2019

A great caterer!!

C&O did an amazing job catering our June wedding at James Monroe’s Highland. The food was fantastic and we received many compliments from our guests. The servers were all very pleasant and professional. Dean paid exceptional attention to detail and was wonderful to work with during the entire planning process. Definitely 5 stars!

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/01/2019

Food was amazing!

I wish we could have done multiple tastings at C&O-- everything was amazing! We got a plate of appetizers immediately after the ceremony, and we were pretty thrilled about it. Cristelle was also our wedding planner and she was absolutely amazing. Made decision making super easy and made a hectic day seem smooth as butter!

Sent on 06/11/2019
    C&O Restaurant Catering 2

Colleen · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely perfect!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the C&O. To start with, their food is out of this world. It was so amazing and completely perfect. In addition, they did everything! They set up the entire reception, and went to our ceremony location (which was a few minutes away from the reception) and set up that as well! Cristelle Koerper was FANTASTIC. For an additional cost she was our day-of-coordinator as well. I have no idea how we would have pulled off our wedding without her! She is so knowledgeable about everything, is full of every possible recommendation along the way, and was so responsive for every question we had along the way, no matter how small. The day of my wedding she was somehow in 10 places at once, taking care of everything. I had absolutely zero worries on my wedding day, and I owe that to her! She even made she sure that she plated some of the (AMZING) passed hors d'oeuvres from cocktail hour so that my husband and I could have a moment to ourselves after the ceremony. It was such a small thing that allowed us to take a second to breathe! I cannot say enough good things about Cristelle or the C&O. Honestly, I would recommend to anyone, a million times over!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Purnell · Married on 11/03/2018

Guests talked about our steak

We got so many compliments about the food. Cristelle was amazing to work with and the whole experience was easy and made me feel like I was in the hands of experts. Only downside was soggy fries on the late night menu.

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Jacob

Jacob Westfall · Married on 10/27/2018

C&O catered our wedding and it was amazing

C&O's food quality, service, presentation and professionalism is spectacular. We used their catering service for our wedding at Early Mountain Vineyards and we were beyond impressed throughout the entire process. Dean takes care of literally everything and makes the entire experience seamless. His prices are more than reasonable as well. We continue to receive countless compliments on the food at our wedding from our guests months after the event - we highly recommend this vendor!!

Sent on 03/16/2019

rachel · Married on 10/27/2018

Phenomenal food and great service!

It’s a crime it took me so long to write this review! C&O will always have a special place in our hearts. They not only catered our wedding but we also had a more intimate rehearsal dinner at the restaurant Friday evening followed by drinks and dessert for all of our wedding guests. To start, there were plenty of options between Friday and Saturday to choose from without offering the same dishes twice and the chef was flexible with all dietary restrictions (I’m pescatarian, we had guests that were gluten free and dairy free as well). I haven’t eaten anything from C&O that wasn’t phenomenal. Our guests raved about how good the food was! Everything came out hot (we had heard stories from friends that were disappointed at other weddings) and the presentation was on point! The ambiance at C&O is also perfect for a private event and Cristelle and her team worked with us every step up the way so that things were set up the way we wanted. Everyone at the restaurant and all of the servers we came into contact with on the wedding day were incredibly professional and accommodating and we would highly recommend using C&O for catering any private event.

All that said, having Cristelle as our day-of-coordinator was absolutely the best money spent on our our day. As an extremely detail oriented bride, I needed someone I could trust who listened to what we wanted and was able to execute. Cristelle was so accommodating, she listened to our ideas and even if it wasn’t something she had previously done, she was open to making it happen. She also gave advice whenever necessary and helped guide us with making all the right decisions. Cristelle knows everyone in Charlottesville and this came in really handy as we needed to make game-time decisions (it rained pretty much every weekend last fall and our wedding was at the end of October so we needed to make quick decisions for a rain contingency). With Cristelle’s connections, we also had plenty of options for our rentals (we got married at King so pretty much everything had to be rented from utensils to serving trays) and she made it easy to pick and choose items from various vendors while keeping price in mind. Even with the rain, Cristelle knew what was important to us and truly helped to make our dream wedding happen. I knew I had nothing to stress about on our day with her there and she kept tabs on everything and everyone. Cristelle is a joy to work with and you won’t regret having her there to help run the show!

Sent on 05/01/2019

lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

We were referred C&O’s name by a Charlottesville resident and we could not be more grateful for their recommendation! We booked C&O as a caterer for our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made for our day. Cristelle worked with us at several touch points well before our wedding day to make sure the menu, beverages, and details were all solidified. The appetizers and late night snacks were a hit with our guests and I appreciated her knowledge to make sure we wouldn’t have long lines at the bars. All of the food was served on time and plated beautifully. We were the most impressed with the C&O team and their commitment to make sure we (bride and groom) were fed; whether that was with a server finding us during post ceremony pictures or Cristelle checking in on us at dinner. We can’t thank the team enough for a wonderful evening!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Adam · Married on 09/01/2018

C&O were phenomenal, and went above and beyond, at our September wedding. First, and most importantly, the food was delicious. Second, the staff were a delight to work with. After an initial call, Cristelle crafted a menu that was fit the style of the wedding perfectly. She was attentive throughout the planning process and excellent at communicating. She was also responsive to last minute changes and to dietary restrictions. Finally, the C&O team reacted seamlessly when we had a significant weather issue during the reception. We were so impressed with their professionalism. We couldn't have been happier to have chosen C&O, and we thank them for all of their incredible work.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2017

Dean and the team at C&O are TOP NOTCH! They do seem to run on the upper end of pricing, but they are worth it! The food was to die for. I think aside from the views of the venue and my dress that was the number one compliment we got. The waitstaff was friendly and nice, the food was delicious, the bartenders were pouring generously and fun! They helped create the wedding we dreamed of, where everyone was happy and well fed! When I met with Dean originally he put all my fears at ease immediately. He even went so far as to show us options for rehearsal dinner at their restaurant, which we did end up utilizing and got compliments on as well. Everything was above and beyond what we wanted for our big day and I am so thankful to everyone at C&O for making our day (and our rehearsal) perfect! I would trust Dean with anything!

Sent on 10/21/2017
  • Patrick

Patrick · Married on 09/23/2017

Cristelle and the team at c&o are the best in the business for a Charlottesville wedding. First of all, the food at c&o is incredibly delicious. That is something you can count on. But what sets c&o apart is their flexibility, responsive, passion, and creativity. My husband has a gluten allergy, and they didn't even bat an eye when we told them that we wanted all of the food to be 100% gluten free. We designed the menu in collaboration with Cristelle, and the end result was divine. Truly the best food I've ever had at a wedding. In addition to the food, working with c&o also means working with the best catering crew in town. c&o staff are professional, kind, speedy, and think well on their feet. Our guests arrived to the venue about 30 minutes early, but it hardly mattered because c&o was already all set up, and worked quickly to make sure the guests didn't even realize that we were ahead of schedule. We also hosted our rehearsal dinner at the c&o restaurant, on the beautiful back patio. Again, the food and service were incredible and everyone had a great time. But the best part of working with c&o is working with Cristelle. We hired Cristelle on as our day-of coordinator, but she was so much more. A collaborator, a problem-solver, a great listener and a true friend. Cristelle was with us every step of the way, going way above and beyond the call of duty. She made sure that we were fed, on schedule, and not bothered with any details all night. When the popcorn machine that we'd rented stopped working, Cristelle's team popped it on the stove. Truly above and beyond! Working with c&o was the BEST decision we made in our whole wedding planning process!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kelly · Married on 07/22/2017

Thank you, C&O! We simply cannot recommend their work more highly. They treated us with respect, honesty, and professionalism at every step of the process. Moreover, we were absolutely blown away by the tasting, and it was all as delicious in large scale on our wedding day! Our guests absolutely loved the food! They even made sure to have food ready in a separate room for us & our families to make sure we had eaten before joining our guests. We wanted Southern fare, and Cristelle understood our vision and developed a menu exactly tailored to our requests and tastes. Beyond all that, the whole tab of food, bar, rentals, and service was well within our budget, and comparable to the other quotes we received from several other Charlottesville area caterers. Our coordinator was exceptionally complementary of working with Cristelle and the C&O staff, and our event benefitted so much from the team’s expertise and tips. Having amazing food was important to us for our wedding, and C&O delivered above and beyond our every expectation.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Katrina · Married on 06/24/2017

We cannot say enough things about how wonderful working with C&O Restaurant Catering was for our wedding! We planned an Italian themed, family style meal, and Dean delivered the best food that encompassed our theme in the most delicious way. You can feel the passion he has for his business and for the food he presents his clients during the tasting and event. Our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was from cocktail hour through dinner, and tell me that it was the best food they have ever had at at wedding. Dean's 'go with the flow' attitude and creativity were evident, and his catering staff was top notch. C&O's reputation preceded them, and we learned why they are known as the best caterer in Charlottesville after working with them!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Adrienne · Married on 05/28/2017

C & O was the food vendor for my daughters wedding in Charlottesville on May 28, 2017. All I can say is that if you don't pick C & O for your catering you are really missing out. The food was outstanding. My daughter and her now husband picked 4 different entrees and everyone I spoke to loved their dinner. I ate everything on my plate and wanted to share my husband's (which was duck... who has duck at their wedding? well we did!!). Being the mother of the bride I didn't get to sample the passed o'dourves or the grilled cheese squares (serves at 10PM) but my friends and family all raved about them. We worked with Dean (the owner) for our tasting and he was very helpful and gave good suggestions for the menu. He was also on site to prepare the food the day of the wedding. The day of coordinator was Carolyn and here again I can not say enough about her professionalism and her work ethic. She was a wonderful force that made sure all of the guests got exactly what they needed. She also helped get the guests off the buses and to their seats quickly so that my daughter could have her outdoor wedding before the rain came. There was also a lady who was the waitstaff captain, whose name I unfortunately can not recall, who made sure that our head table was well taken care of. For us since we had never planned a wedding where plates, glasses, flatware etc needed to be brought in their knowledge of what as needed was very, very helpful and they all worked well with MS Events. If you are having a wedding in Charlottesville use C & O as your food vendor and you will be very pleased and so will you guests.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Ellen · Married on 09/24/2016

C&O did an absolutely phenomenal job for our wedding. We could not thank Cristelle and her team enough for the amazing evening they helped us create. The food was brilliant, the service was incredible, not a single person left our dinner unsatisfied. Every one of our guests expressed how great the food was for our event. Cristelle blew us away with our first introduction at the C&O for our tasting. She was very professional as well as flexible and she maintained communication with us over the course of several months leading up to our wedding and was able to make all modifications necessary to appease our entire family. Cristelle has tremendous experience in the Charlottesville wedding arena and was a cornerstone of our wedding planning. She was quick to provide us with all of the support we needed to make sure our special day was perfect. We cannot express enough how amazing working with Cristelle and the C&O team was. We express our greatest gratitude and highly, highly, recommend Cristelle and her team for any future Bride and Groom!

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2016

We used the C&O for our wedding rehearsal dinner and welcome reception over Labor Day and cannot recommend the staff and venue enough. Dean and his staff were professional, responsive, and produced top notch food that our guests are still talking about. We did dinner with bridal parties outside on the patio under a gorgeous tented setting that was arranged by the C&O. After dinner we held a welcome reception where all of our invited guests joined for finger food and desserts all made by the C&O. Cannot recommend their food and service enough.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Katie · Married on 06/25/2016

C&O is THE caterer to hire for your wedding!!! We did several tastings with other caterers in Charlottesville and I promise there is nothing that compares to C&O. The food is so delicious and Cristelle and her team are so professional and easy to work with. They do everything they can to make your wedding absolutely perfect. We had some family recipes that we wanted to incorporate into the appetizer menu to make it more personal and special to us. C&O did such a fabulous job preparing everything. C&O also catered our welcome party the night before the wedding and we received so many of compliments on the food the entire weekend. Everything was served right on time, prepared exactly like how it was during the tasting, and so delicious. I truly believe that hiring C&O as our caterer was one of the best decisions we made during the planning process. If you want to have the best food in Charlottesville, then you have to go with C&O!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Suparna · Married on 05/27/2016

We could not be more pleased by our decision to go with C&O for our wedding! Dean and his team are absolutely fantastic. Dean was flexible and really listened to our suggestions about our menu and it was really hard to pick from all the options during tasting! He was also really quick and responsive, and even brought our dessert over to the venue on the day of the wedding, which saved us some headache. The food was definitely the part that we were most excited about the wedding, and all the dishes were absolutely on point. Since I used to be vegetarian, I was particularly concerned about the vegetarian options since those can be underwhelming at weddings. Several vegetarians came and told me that this was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding! The steak and pork also had very generous serving sizes, which again shows, C&O really cares about what they put out on a plate. All the meat was cooked to perfection - this is really hard when one is catering in such large numbers. The servers and bartenders were also so friendly and professional. Really, one of my biggest regrets of the night is not asking our photographer to take photos of all the food :)

Sent on 07/01/2016

Jeannette · Married on 02/20/2016

We could not have been more pleased with Cristelle and her team at C&O Catering! Cristelle was incredibly responsive, provided great advice to help us achieve what we wanted within our budget, and worked with us to create a customized menu based on our preferences. Cristelle devised more inventive menu options for vegetarians and guests with dietary restrictions than other caterers did. C&O was flexible about making changes to the menu a few weeks before the wedding (though we just made one). The food was delicious and beautifully presented, and we received numerous compliments from our guests. C&O staff were also just wonderful the day of - very attentive and professional. We highly recommend C&O Catering!

Sent on 04/03/2016

Amanda · Married on 01/16/2016

There is nothing I could say that would do Dean and C&O justice for the amazing job they did at our wedding. It was so amazing that our wedding planner is going to recommend Dean to all of her brides! Dean was so patient and flexible throughout the planning process, even when I changed the location of the ceremony and added additional passed appetizers! He was a calming presence in all of our meetings, phone calls, emails and at our walk through. He is confident in his abilities, as he should be, and knows what he and C&O do well, which made both me and my mother calm and confident as well. But not only that, he paid special attention to what we wanted and liked and was able to execute everything flawlessly. He is a true professional. Also importantly--the food was unbelievably good. Amazing presentation, incredible flavor--people talked about it all night, and are still talking about it a month later. It was not just "great wedding food"--it was amazing food that happened to be served at a wedding. My husband, who plays in a wedding band, said it was by far the best food at any of the hundreds of weddings he has been to. My husband was also particularly appreciative that Dean treated the other vendors as if they were wedding guests. If I ever have occasion to hire a caterer again, I know where I will go. Honestly, I cannot say enough kind words about Dean and C&O. Thank you so much for making our wedding so wonderful and unforgettable.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Amy · Married on 11/07/2015

Cristelle was so awesome to work with throughout the planning process! We planned our wedding in seven months and I felt comforted knowing Cristelle was catering our wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure all our questions were answered and was so patient with us. My husband and I absolutely love the C&O. It is hands down the best restaurant in Charlottesville. We liked it so much that we had our rehearsal dinner AND Meet and Greet there the night before our wedding. Cristelle and the staff at C&O did an amazing job at our wedding! She paid special attention to detail, so we knew we were in good hands. Dinner was delicious and all the guests raved about the hot apple sider and sliders, too! I highly recommend the C&O to anyone and everyone! They did an outstanding job!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Working with C&O was one of the first and best decisions we made in wedding planning. We loved all of the vendors we worked with, but Dean and his team were just amazing. First, we had a fairly tight budget for a big wedding. Dean was one of the only caterers we spoke to who seemed optimistic about keeping our budget and assuring us we could have great food and a great wedding. We did a tasting and were immediately sold - the food was incredible. During planning, Dean answered my many many questions, provided ideas to keep us within our budget, and worked seamlessly with our wedding planner and the venue. On the day of the wedding, we had a thunder storm roll in just as we were about to start our outdoor ceremony. Luckily, everyone we worked with was flexible (and awesome), and we had the cocktail hour under the tent first and then got married outside when the sun came out. We could NOT have pulled this off without everyone on the team, including C&O. And the food was excellent. We heard from many guests that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. We agree :) The servers and bartenders were also great, very courteous and attentive. We are so grateful and I really think we could not have had the same wedding experience without C&O.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Cristelle and her team were fantastic! They were so pleasant, prompt and helpful. The food was delicious. We even had people ask us for the recipe of a few of our appetizers. We couldn't have asked for a better team.

Sent on 01/09/2015

Malayna · Married on 10/18/2014

C&O did a fantastic job for my wedding. The food was incredible and the staff were highly attentive and professional. I loved working with Cristelle - she was knowledgable and was able to answer all my questions. Would highly recommend C&O as a wedding vendor!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Christine · Married on 10/04/2014

We chose C&O Restaurant, along with my mother in law, for our rehearsal dinner and couldn't have been more pleased! The food was delicious--from the crab cakes to the apple cobbler. The value seemed to be "spot on" for the Charlottesville area and what was included with the meal. Everyone chose an appetizer, main course, and dessert from a main menu, which we decided on ahead of time. The gallery room was beautiful with lit candles and flowers on the tables. The restaurant also set up a cash bar for our guests to enjoy during the evening. This restaurant provided such a beautiful venue for our wedding weekend and we're happy we chose C&O Restaurant for this event.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2014

The food is absolutely phenomenal. Worth every penny

Sent on 07/09/2014