C&O Restaurant Catering Reviews

56 | Charlottesville, VA

56 Reviews for C&O Restaurant Catering

• Lauren

Lauren Purnell · Married on 11/03/2018

Guests talked about our steak

We got so many compliments about the food. Cristelle was amazing to work with and the whole experience was easy and made me feel like I was in the hands of experts. Only downside was soggy fries on the late night menu.

• Jacob

Jacob Westfall · Married on 10/27/2018

C&O catered our wedding and it was amazing

C&O's food quality, service, presentation and professionalism is spectacular. We used their catering service for our wedding at Early Mountain Vineyards and we were beyond impressed throughout the entire process. Dean takes care of literally everything and makes the entire experience seamless. His prices are more than reasonable as well. We continue to receive countless compliments on the food at our wedding from our guests months after the event - we highly recommend this vendor!!

lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

We were referred C&O’s name by a Charlottesville resident and we could not be more grateful for their recommendation! We booked C&O as a caterer for our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made for our day. Cristelle worked with us at several touch points well before our wedding day to make sure the menu, beverages, and details were all solidified. The appetizers and late night snacks were a hit with our guests and I appreciated her knowledge to make sure we wouldn’t have long lines at the bars. All of the food was served on time and plated beautifully. We were the most impressed with the C&O team and their commitment to make sure we (bride and groom) were fed; whether that was with a server finding us during post ceremony pictures or Cristelle checking in on us at dinner. We can’t thank the team enough for a wonderful evening!

Adam · Married on 09/01/2018

C&O were phenomenal, and went above and beyond, at our September wedding. First, and most importantly, the food was delicious. Second, the staff were a delight to work with. After an initial call, Cristelle crafted a menu that was fit the style of the wedding perfectly. She was attentive throughout the planning process and excellent at communicating. She was also responsive to last minute changes and to dietary restrictions. Finally, the C&O team reacted seamlessly when we had a significant weather issue during the reception. We were so impressed with their professionalism. We couldn't have been happier to have chosen C&O, and we thank them for all of their incredible work.

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2017

Dean and the team at C&O are TOP NOTCH! They do seem to run on the upper end of pricing, but they are worth it! The food was to die for. I think aside from the views of the venue and my dress that was the number one compliment we got. The waitstaff was friendly and nice, the food was delicious, the bartenders were pouring generously and fun! They helped create the wedding we dreamed of, where everyone was happy and well fed! When I met with Dean originally he put all my fears at ease immediately. He even went so far as to show us options for rehearsal dinner at their restaurant, which we did end up utilizing and got compliments on as well. Everything was above and beyond what we wanted for our big day and I am so thankful to everyone at C&O for making our day (and our rehearsal) perfect! I would trust Dean with anything!

• Patrick

Patrick · Married on 09/23/2017

Cristelle and the team at c&o are the best in the business for a Charlottesville wedding. First of all, the food at c&o is incredibly delicious. That is something you can count on. But what sets c&o apart is their flexibility, responsive, passion, and creativity. My husband has a gluten allergy, and they didn't even bat an eye when we told them that we wanted all of the food to be 100% gluten free. We designed the menu in collaboration with Cristelle, and the end result was divine. Truly the best food I've ever had at a wedding. In addition to the food, working with c&o also means working with the best catering crew in town. c&o staff are professional, kind, speedy, and think well on their feet. Our guests arrived to the venue about 30 minutes early, but it hardly mattered because c&o was already all set up, and worked quickly to make sure the guests didn't even realize that we were ahead of schedule. We also hosted our rehearsal dinner at the c&o restaurant, on the beautiful back patio. Again, the food and service were incredible and everyone had a great time. But the best part of working with c&o is working with Cristelle. We hired Cristelle on as our day-of coordinator, but she was so much more. A collaborator, a problem-solver, a great listener and a true friend. Cristelle was with us every step of the way, going way above and beyond the call of duty. She made sure that we were fed, on schedule, and not bothered with any details all night. When the popcorn machine that we'd rented stopped working, Cristelle's team popped it on the stove. Truly above and beyond! Working with c&o was the BEST decision we made in our whole wedding planning process!

Kelly · Married on 07/22/2017

Thank you, C&O! We simply cannot recommend their work more highly. They treated us with respect, honesty, and professionalism at every step of the process. Moreover, we were absolutely blown away by the tasting, and it was all as delicious in large scale on our wedding day! Our guests absolutely loved the food! They even made sure to have food ready in a separate room for us & our families to make sure we had eaten before joining our guests. We wanted Southern fare, and Cristelle understood our vision and developed a menu exactly tailored to our requests and tastes. Beyond all that, the whole tab of food, bar, rentals, and service was well within our budget, and comparable to the other quotes we received from several other Charlottesville area caterers. Our coordinator was exceptionally complementary of working with Cristelle and the C&O staff, and our event benefitted so much from the team’s expertise and tips. Having amazing food was important to us for our wedding, and C&O delivered above and beyond our every expectation.

Katrina · Married on 06/24/2017

We cannot say enough things about how wonderful working with C&O Restaurant Catering was for our wedding! We planned an Italian themed, family style meal, and Dean delivered the best food that encompassed our theme in the most delicious way. You can feel the passion he has for his business and for the food he presents his clients during the tasting and event. Our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was from cocktail hour through dinner, and tell me that it was the best food they have ever had at at wedding. Dean's 'go with the flow' attitude and creativity were evident, and his catering staff was top notch. C&O's reputation preceded them, and we learned why they are known as the best caterer in Charlottesville after working with them!

Adrienne · Married on 05/28/2017

C & O was the food vendor for my daughters wedding in Charlottesville on May 28, 2017. All I can say is that if you don't pick C & O for your catering you are really missing out. The food was outstanding. My daughter and her now husband picked 4 different entrees and everyone I spoke to loved their dinner. I ate everything on my plate and wanted to share my husband's (which was duck... who has duck at their wedding? well we did!!). Being the mother of the bride I didn't get to sample the passed o'dourves or the grilled cheese squares (serves at 10PM) but my friends and family all raved about them. We worked with Dean (the owner) for our tasting and he was very helpful and gave good suggestions for the menu. He was also on site to prepare the food the day of the wedding. The day of coordinator was Carolyn and here again I can not say enough about her professionalism and her work ethic. She was a wonderful force that made sure all of the guests got exactly what they needed. She also helped get the guests off the buses and to their seats quickly so that my daughter could have her outdoor wedding before the rain came. There was also a lady who was the waitstaff captain, whose name I unfortunately can not recall, who made sure that our head table was well taken care of. For us since we had never planned a wedding where plates, glasses, flatware etc needed to be brought in their knowledge of what as needed was very, very helpful and they all worked well with MS Events. If you are having a wedding in Charlottesville use C & O as your food vendor and you will be very pleased and so will you guests.

Ellen · Married on 09/24/2016

C&O did an absolutely phenomenal job for our wedding. We could not thank Cristelle and her team enough for the amazing evening they helped us create. The food was brilliant, the service was incredible, not a single person left our dinner unsatisfied. Every one of our guests expressed how great the food was for our event. Cristelle blew us away with our first introduction at the C&O for our tasting. She was very professional as well as flexible and she maintained communication with us over the course of several months leading up to our wedding and was able to make all modifications necessary to appease our entire family. Cristelle has tremendous experience in the Charlottesville wedding arena and was a cornerstone of our wedding planning. She was quick to provide us with all of the support we needed to make sure our special day was perfect. We cannot express enough how amazing working with Cristelle and the C&O team was. We express our greatest gratitude and highly, highly, recommend Cristelle and her team for any future Bride and Groom!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2016

We used the C&O for our wedding rehearsal dinner and welcome reception over Labor Day and cannot recommend the staff and venue enough. Dean and his staff were professional, responsive, and produced top notch food that our guests are still talking about. We did dinner with bridal parties outside on the patio under a gorgeous tented setting that was arranged by the C&O. After dinner we held a welcome reception where all of our invited guests joined for finger food and desserts all made by the C&O. Cannot recommend their food and service enough.

Katie · Married on 06/25/2016

C&O is THE caterer to hire for your wedding!!! We did several tastings with other caterers in Charlottesville and I promise there is nothing that compares to C&O. The food is so delicious and Cristelle and her team are so professional and easy to work with. They do everything they can to make your wedding absolutely perfect. We had some family recipes that we wanted to incorporate into the appetizer menu to make it more personal and special to us. C&O did such a fabulous job preparing everything. C&O also catered our welcome party the night before the wedding and we received so many of compliments on the food the entire weekend. Everything was served right on time, prepared exactly like how it was during the tasting, and so delicious. I truly believe that hiring C&O as our caterer was one of the best decisions we made during the planning process. If you want to have the best food in Charlottesville, then you have to go with C&O!

Suparna · Married on 05/27/2016

We could not be more pleased by our decision to go with C&O for our wedding! Dean and his team are absolutely fantastic. Dean was flexible and really listened to our suggestions about our menu and it was really hard to pick from all the options during tasting! He was also really quick and responsive, and even brought our dessert over to the venue on the day of the wedding, which saved us some headache. The food was definitely the part that we were most excited about the wedding, and all the dishes were absolutely on point. Since I used to be vegetarian, I was particularly concerned about the vegetarian options since those can be underwhelming at weddings. Several vegetarians came and told me that this was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding! The steak and pork also had very generous serving sizes, which again shows, C&O really cares about what they put out on a plate. All the meat was cooked to perfection - this is really hard when one is catering in such large numbers. The servers and bartenders were also so friendly and professional. Really, one of my biggest regrets of the night is not asking our photographer to take photos of all the food :)

Jeannette · Married on 02/20/2016

We could not have been more pleased with Cristelle and her team at C&O Catering! Cristelle was incredibly responsive, provided great advice to help us achieve what we wanted within our budget, and worked with us to create a customized menu based on our preferences. Cristelle devised more inventive menu options for vegetarians and guests with dietary restrictions than other caterers did. C&O was flexible about making changes to the menu a few weeks before the wedding (though we just made one). The food was delicious and beautifully presented, and we received numerous compliments from our guests. C&O staff were also just wonderful the day of - very attentive and professional. We highly recommend C&O Catering!

Amanda · Married on 01/16/2016

There is nothing I could say that would do Dean and C&O justice for the amazing job they did at our wedding. It was so amazing that our wedding planner is going to recommend Dean to all of her brides! Dean was so patient and flexible throughout the planning process, even when I changed the location of the ceremony and added additional passed appetizers! He was a calming presence in all of our meetings, phone calls, emails and at our walk through. He is confident in his abilities, as he should be, and knows what he and C&O do well, which made both me and my mother calm and confident as well. But not only that, he paid special attention to what we wanted and liked and was able to execute everything flawlessly. He is a true professional. Also importantly--the food was unbelievably good. Amazing presentation, incredible flavor--people talked about it all night, and are still talking about it a month later. It was not just "great wedding food"--it was amazing food that happened to be served at a wedding. My husband, who plays in a wedding band, said it was by far the best food at any of the hundreds of weddings he has been to. My husband was also particularly appreciative that Dean treated the other vendors as if they were wedding guests. If I ever have occasion to hire a caterer again, I know where I will go. Honestly, I cannot say enough kind words about Dean and C&O. Thank you so much for making our wedding so wonderful and unforgettable.

Amy · Married on 11/07/2015

Cristelle was so awesome to work with throughout the planning process! We planned our wedding in seven months and I felt comforted knowing Cristelle was catering our wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure all our questions were answered and was so patient with us. My husband and I absolutely love the C&O. It is hands down the best restaurant in Charlottesville. We liked it so much that we had our rehearsal dinner AND Meet and Greet there the night before our wedding. Cristelle and the staff at C&O did an amazing job at our wedding! She paid special attention to detail, so we knew we were in good hands. Dinner was delicious and all the guests raved about the hot apple sider and sliders, too! I highly recommend the C&O to anyone and everyone! They did an outstanding job!

Working with C&O was one of the first and best decisions we made in wedding planning. We loved all of the vendors we worked with, but Dean and his team were just amazing. First, we had a fairly tight budget for a big wedding. Dean was one of the only caterers we spoke to who seemed optimistic about keeping our budget and assuring us we could have great food and a great wedding. We did a tasting and were immediately sold - the food was incredible. During planning, Dean answered my many many questions, provided ideas to keep us within our budget, and worked seamlessly with our wedding planner and the venue. On the day of the wedding, we had a thunder storm roll in just as we were about to start our outdoor ceremony. Luckily, everyone we worked with was flexible (and awesome), and we had the cocktail hour under the tent first and then got married outside when the sun came out. We could NOT have pulled this off without everyone on the team, including C&O. And the food was excellent. We heard from many guests that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. We agree :) The servers and bartenders were also great, very courteous and attentive. We are so grateful and I really think we could not have had the same wedding experience without C&O.

Cristelle and her team were fantastic! They were so pleasant, prompt and helpful. The food was delicious. We even had people ask us for the recipe of a few of our appetizers. We couldn't have asked for a better team.

Malayna · Married on 10/18/2014

C&O did a fantastic job for my wedding. The food was incredible and the staff were highly attentive and professional. I loved working with Cristelle - she was knowledgable and was able to answer all my questions. Would highly recommend C&O as a wedding vendor!

Christine · Married on 10/04/2014

We chose C&O Restaurant, along with my mother in law, for our rehearsal dinner and couldn't have been more pleased! The food was delicious--from the crab cakes to the apple cobbler. The value seemed to be "spot on" for the Charlottesville area and what was included with the meal. Everyone chose an appetizer, main course, and dessert from a main menu, which we decided on ahead of time. The gallery room was beautiful with lit candles and flowers on the tables. The restaurant also set up a cash bar for our guests to enjoy during the evening. This restaurant provided such a beautiful venue for our wedding weekend and we're happy we chose C&O Restaurant for this event.

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2014

The food is absolutely phenomenal. Worth every penny

Kim · Married on 06/07/2014

Food was five stars - incredible! Generally very responsive and a pleasure to work with. They also made sure we left with delicious leftovers!

Sarah · Married on 05/24/2014

My husband and I hand-picked C&O Catering for our wedding because we had been impressed time and time and time again with the affiliated C&O Restaurant. The catering arm did not disappoint in the least!

C&O Catering is a lovely vendor to work with. As catering was the largest portion of our expenditures, it was very important to us that we stay within a certain budget. C&O Catering honored this request from the very start, and they even made additional suggestions to us for how to save even more money.

andrea · Married on 04/05/2014

our experience with C&O as our wedding caterer was extremely positive. cristelle worked with us very easily and helped us choose all the elements of our menu at an initial tasting, adn allowed us to come back with our parents for a final. she helped us design our wedding timeline and a few weeks before our event came with us to our venue to do a walkthru with all of our other vendors. this was fantastic because this meant we did not have to hire a wedding planner. cristelle really helped us out in that capacity.
    the food at our wedding was delicious, and the service was impeccable and very professional. also, they rented our linens, dinnerware, etc, and those items looked beautiful as well.
    catering prices in general are a little high, and we appreciated cristelle working with us to make as many adjustments as possible without cheapening the feel of our wedding.
    the only minor concern i had was some confusion on the morning of the wedding we thought food (sandwiches, etc) would be provided to the bridal party in our suite. when they did not arrive and i asked about them, i was met with confusion. once we asked about this, they went and brought us some food, which was appreciated. i would say just make sure you are clear on expectations on all ends.
    as i said, this was very minor, just the only disapointing factor. overall, our experience was very positive, we LOVED working with cristelle, and definitely recommend C&O

Jeanne · Married on 03/15/2014

C & O recently catered our son and daughter-in-law's Rehearsal Dinner for 70 guests. I dealt with Cristelle and found her to be very professional and accommodating, always available and responsive to my questions that came up during the planning process.

We chose a barbeque menu for the dinner and everything was exceptionally delicious. Our guests raved about the wood fired grilled chicken, so moist and tender and full of flavor. The pulled pork was beyond fantastic, served with several sauce options. All the sides were equally superb; the potato salad was the best I have ever had and the mac and cheese beyond compare! C & O grilled and seasoned nice large vegetables that were a real treat not only for the vegetarians in the group, but for those of us looking to break away from the boring salad. The home made slaw was fresh and crisp and the corn on the cob was sweet and tender!

Everyone working the function was very friendly and helpful. The buffet was very attractive, the food was plentiful, replenished when necessary and always kept hot. The room and tables were set up as promised and guests were attended to in a gracious yet efficient manner.

We opted for appetizers and were thrilled with the mini crab cakes and red bliss potato soufflés: Three words: To Die For!!! We selected a warm apple cobbler with a crunchy topping for the finale, and everyone went back for seconds!!! A rehearsal dinner is a once in a lifetime event and C & O helped to make this evening a very special memory. It is impossible to be disappointed in the quality of the food, the presentation and the service that C & O provides. Thank you C & O for a beautiful evening, fantastic food, and your wonderful service.