32 Reviews for By Request

Non-Floral (1)
Single Flowers (1)
Flower Girl Baskets (1)
31 By Request Reviews

The quality and service that my husband and I received was incredible! They were professional, accommodating and so helpful when it came to assisting us with the music, floral and coordination. My wedding would not have been the success that it was without they're knowledge and assistance. I had a big wedding party (14 total) and to be fair, we were all excited and essentially, it turned into herding cats. Nina was so wonderful, patient and still kept us on schedule. Jeremy was so entertaining and knew what to say and when to say it as our DJ. He was incredible at reading the energy of the room and went with it. We all danced the night away. We got so many compliments at the end of the night and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. I will absolutely be recommending them to all of our friends who are getting ready to plan their wedding!

Profile Picture Gina, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Flowers, Unique Services (Other)

Nina and Jeremy were a blast to work with. They were so helpful in the planning of our wedding and even shared a connection to getting married at Dark Star! From the awesome coordinating to the flowers and music EVERYTHING was truly the best. Thank you for making our day so amazing!

Profile Picture Lexi, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers

I have nothing but fantastic things to say about these two! I knew from the start before I even booked them they were going to be fantastic. Nina spent an hour with me on the phone just to get an idea of what I wanted before she even sent a proposal over. Because we were planning from a distance, we even FaceTimed to get to know them better so Jeremy could add in bits of our story while DJing. Their value was fantastic and the floral arrangements I got were out of this world! Jeremy kept us all dancing and made the evening a ton of fun! I couldn’t rate these two higher!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeremy and Nina are hands-down the best in the business. From start to finish, they made my husband and I feel like their number one priority. Nina did all of the floral design and event coordination for our day, and Jeremy was our audio engineer, MC, and provided gorgeous up-lighting in our reception space. Everything was spectacular, our guests raved about how gorgeous and well-executed our entire day was. I can't thank them enough for making our day so magical. The best thing you can do is put your day in the hands of experts, and Jeremy and Nina are truly experts. They are the best. Much love, the Johnsons.

Profile Picture Maddy, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Nina & Jeremy are amazing! We had a lot of guests who loved the dance floor, and they kept the party going :) As a bride, I really appreciated their flexibility on the day of, and all of their prompt responses and help leading up to the big day. Super great to work with!! :)

Profile Picture Ash, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeremy & his wife Nina ARE AMAZING!! We loved working with them. They both literally SAVED OUR WEDDING DAY! The other reviews were spot on – Jeremy is a musical genius and talented MC (which are 2 extremely important parts of any party / wedding). Nina is such a sweet heart & knows the ins and outs of all wedding planning (and does beautiful floral too!) Jeremy had the dance floor PACKED the entire night & couldn't have done a better job as MC! Nina made everything beautiful & running smooth - start to finish!

Communication was a breeze and they always responded promptly. When I had some major problems with my venue (Pear Valley Vineyard in Paso Robles), Jeremy & Nina stepped up to the plate and went out of their way to make sure everything still went according to plan. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND anything I could have ever dreamed of having in both DJ/MC & Event Director. They are both PROFESSIONAL, KIND, CONSIDERATE & TALENTE! Look no further, BOOK THEM NOW!!

Profile Picture Marlina, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Where to start - Nina and Jeremy are an absolute dream team. I have no idea how we would have pulled anything off without them. From the start, we were impressed when she sent a detailed quote with precise and accurate details from our phone conversation (anyone who has attempted to get pricing from wedding vendors will understand what a miracle this is). We went with the whole package, Nina was our day of coordinator and florist and Jeremy was our DJ and he did lighting (included with the package). Nina does not charge enough for the services she provides - it was closer to month of coordination. When we were starting to go crazy with the details she was always jumping in with alternate ideas or suggestions, and I think she may be a mind reader when it comes to floral. Nina and Jeremy together really helped guide us through planning and timing the day as well as the music selections. They really go above and beyond anything you could expect (and beyond the lofty expectations they set)!
Nina and Jeremy both attended the Friday rehearsal. Despite our families showing up an hour late, and no one paying attention to anything, they were incredibly patient and we were somehow able to get two run throughs in. They were even able to accommodate some week-of/day before small revisions without any problems and all with a smile.
The day of the wedding was absolute perfection because of these two. The venue had some power issues during cocktail hour which was no problem for Nina and Jeremy, they always have a generator for such an occasion! Jeremy kept the dance floor packed the whole night, he even had some people dancing that probably didn't even dance at their own weddings. He was very strict on our “do not play” list (to the disappointment of some of our guests ;)) He struck the perfect balance of both encouraging the guests and staying in the background.
While the price for just the DJ might lean towards the higher side for the area, the whole package is a steal!

Profile Picture Zach, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Girl Baskets, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

We were so fortunate to have Nina (flowers and event coordination) and Jeremy (DJ and special lighting) for our son's wedding. Once you meet and talk with Nina you know you made the right decision for your special event. Nina's ideas for flowers and decorations were beautiful and perfect for the venue, while Jeremy's music and entertainment made for an evening the guest's will remember. Thank you so much Nina and Jeremy!

Profile Picture Charlene, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Jewelry, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake

Jeremy and Nina are amazing. I couldn’t of asked for a better team. They are both very professional and so much fun to work with. Jeremy knows how to keep the dance floor alive. Nina not also did an amazing job on my flower arrangements she also got me and my family through the day stress free!! Thank you guys so much!!

Marvin and Melissa Adams

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers

I contacted By Request in January on the recommendation of photographer Christine Sedley, who highly recommended them for a DJ and Floral needs.
We hired them at our first meeting and were so happy with our choice.
Nina was also hired as our day of coordinator.
They attended our rehearsal the night before the wedding and helped us coordinate and organize everyone. Jeremy also played the music that we would be walking down the aisle to.
The day of the wedding the flowers that Nina arranged were beautiful and she was so helpful in keeping us on our timeline. Nina was also very calm, which kept us all calm!
The music was awesome and the sound system was great, Jeremy is the nicest guy your could ever meet and we are so pleased that we had hired them to take care of our wedding needs.
They are amazing and work together like a finely oiled machine! We highly recommend them and will definitely use them again!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers

Jeremy is a really talented and amazing DJ. He made sure our dance floor was full and stayed that way as soon as it opened. He is friendly, personable and professional. A real bonus is he has an awesome radio dj voice!

Profile Picture Shannon, 7/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved everything about Nina and Jeremy and their teamwork! We had them for floral, DJ and our coordinator and it was truly a pleasure working with them! Jeremy was entertaining and a perfect MC as the DJ. Nina made beautiful floral pieces and kept us perfectly on schedule as our coordinator. I can't speak higher of them. They TRULY made our day special! Thanks so much Nina and Jeremy!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Corsages, Single Flowers

I cannot even express how awesome Jeremy and Nina are, you guys! They are all about what you want on your big day and are so helpful with figuring everything out and were never pushy. Jeremy is an amazing DJ and Nina had everything on track and stress free for us. We were so lucky to have them at our wedding. Great service and just such genuine people!

Profile Picture Danielle, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

TOP NOTCH!!!! FIVE STAR!!!!
Nina and Jeremy were beyond amazing in every aspect! I couldn’t have asked for more and I could never say enough good things about them and the taylored to you services they provide. They thought of and took care of every detail and then some! They are true experts at what they do. Both Nina and Jeremy have a real gift for making everything smooth and wonderful! Wedding planning was done with knowledge and know-how, flower arrangements were out of this world gorgeous, lighting was on point, DJ skills that will blow your mind, fun games and super cute party rentals, and all around people skills will have you so grateful for choosing By Request....
I really can’t say enough about these two, they really took such good care of me and the details of our wedding! They saved the day in so many ways! LOVE THEM!

Profile Picture Lacy, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I actually don't know where to begin with this review..everything was perfect. We used both Nina for our florist and Jeremy to DJ. Fantastic communication, listened to what we wanted and made it work, fantastic experience, so with that, advice and recommendations towards our style and music choice we didn't even think of. Website to use was very detailed but made us feel so comfortable we knew it was going to be great! Nina made a pinterest board just for us, and I swear she pulled the design right out of my head!! Tears to my eyes perfect! The personal touches, down to the score of the football game. Being interactive, but keeping it fun and geared towards our wedding. I know I've left things out, but there just isn't enough space here to really say these guys are the best of the best and absolutely know their jobs! Keeping us calm, listening and making things work, flowers to die for..can you ask for anything more really? Thank you for helping make our wedding picture perfect and an absolute blast!

Profile Picture Michele, 12/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers

By Request was the perfect find for us for our DJ and floral needs. Having a wedding away from our home town was so much easier because of Jeremy and Nina! After meeting them both, we were very confident in that our wedding would come together and be exactly what we hoped for! Their assistance with the timeline and recommendations for how the evening might flow, floral, music, sound... very detailed components of the wedding were so very much appreciated. I truly trusted their expertise and they exceeded my expectations! Jeremy is a wonderful DJ who is so engaging and entertaining, and our guests gave him rave reviews. Jeremy worked with my best friend to ensure that she had a very personal and special presence during our evening, and that meant the world to me! Nina's responsiveness, availability to talk via email, phone, text, was so wonderful. I was in great hands! I appreciated her presence throughout the evening, ensuring the timeline was followed and that everything was in it's place. She did all of this beyond just setting up floral, and I appreciated that so much! Nina and Jeremy of By Request made our day so special and stress-free. I cannot recommend their services enough. Beyond their professionalism and superior services, they are wonderful people and I was thankful to have them as part of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Paula, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeremy and Nina are fantastic! In my search for wedding vendors, I came across a lot of companies that while seemed to have great reviews and look good on paper, either weren’t that personable or made it like your wedding was just another job. Upon first talking to Jeremy and Nina, I knew they were anything but that. From my first phone conversation with Nina, she talked me through the process and worked to get to know me and my now-husband as a couple. Nothing about By Request is about “just another job”, it’s about understanding you as a couple and making your big day as perfect as possible. By Request makes you feel special.

They have online tools that let you select must play, play if possible and do not play songs, which are great for helping to customize your music selection. Their music library is endless, and even if they don’t have a song in their system, they can usually get it for you. But more than the music choices, Jeremy creates a fun, interactive atmosphere for guests -- no cheesiness. He knows how to mix up the music genres to keep everyone included. Even our grandparents never left the dance floor!

All-in-all, Jeremy and Nina are personable, professional and a great team to work with! A DJ is one of the most important vendors of the day, and there is no doubt that if you choose By Request, Jeremy and Nina will make sure to treat your wedding as if it were their own and ensure it goes off without a hitch!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/16/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Jeremy and his wife Nina were an extreme pleasure to work with. They are organized and were always available for any question or concern I had.

We hired Nina to handle miscellaneous flower arrangements and the bouquets and everything was stunning. The final outcome of the bride and bridesmaid bouquets were perfect. It was as if she took the picture in my head and turned it into a reality. She even accommodated a last minute request to incorporate my "something borrowed" onto the bouquet and it turned out beautiful.

Jeremy was a huge asset to the entire evening. His involvement, enthusiasm, and selection of music was amazing. He kept the entire pace and momentum of the event going and made sure everyone was dancing. Every single comment I received from my guests included some mention as to how great our DJ was. I am over using the word "perfect", I know, but it was. Perfect. I would highly recommend By Request for any event, they are awesome!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sandy, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit

Jeremy and Nina are a well put-together husband and wife wedding team! Jeremy was the DJ at our wedding and did a fantastic job. He read and responded to the general mood of my guests and really kept the reception moving. He was funny and entertaining too, and he provided just the right amount of interaction and guidance for the reception. Nina was our day-of coordinator and kept things flowing really nicely. She kept us organized, gave us a pre-wedding packet that helped me plan things on my end, and met with us a few times to really hammer out the finer details of the reception. They both asked really thoughtful and detailed questions that the hubby and I never would have considered, and the ceremony and reception were exactly as we wanted them to be. The music selection process was also really easy on their website (just don't forget to save!) and they have thousands and thousands of songs to choose from. They also offer several lists of suggestion songs for everything from the ceremony/processional, to the specialty dances, to the top 200 reception songs. Nina was consistently quick to respond to all phone calls and emails and really made this process a lot easier. We definitely enjoyed working with them and would highly recommend both of them!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

I have used the services of By Request for our annual Christmas party for many years.
The quality of the service is beyond compare. Each year the decorations, flowers, and special party favor, music is different and special. My guests tell me that our party is one that they look forward to each year. I highly recommend this vendor .
Judy Colglazier

Profile Picture User6125268, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Party Supplies, Photography
Services Used: Table Arrangements

Nina was so great to work with and she did a beautiful job with all the flowers and table settings. She knocked it out of the park with my daughters bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets. They were perfect with the dresses and the colors and flowers Nina picked were even better than we had hoped. The tables had candles and mercury vases filled with flowers, so stunning during the day and just as breathtaking after dark. All the extra's Nina brought really fit the venue. I'm not just saying this because it was my daughters wedding, but I thought it was the prettiest setting I have ever seen! It was a perfect day. Nina also acted as the "day of" coordinator and did a great job of managing the service staff. Not as easy job!!! Her husband Jeremy was our DJ, and he was amazing too. He really kept the reception flowing, has such a great personality and a wonderful speaking voice. The two of them helped to make my daughters wedding even better than she had dreamed. They met with us about a month prior to the wedding to discuss what we wanted and to help us plan out the time line. They suggested ways to do things that would make the flow of the event better, things we hadn't thought of. Truly a huge help. They were both just so nice, fun and easygoing, a true pleasure to work with. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!!

Profile Picture janet, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

YOU CAN STOP RESEARCHING - YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR DJ/FLORIST DREAM TEAM! If you're like me, you want your wedding to be filled with all things beautiful - beautiful flowers, beautiful table settings, a beautiful ambiance and beautiful people gettin' down on the dance floor. Nina and Jeremy with By Request provided me with all of these things and helped make my dream wedding come to fruition a few weeks ago!! I first found the power couple when I was researching DJ's on the central coast of CA. Jeremy's reviews were amazing and his pricing was extremely reasonable! When I contacted the company, I was introduced to Jeremy's lovely wife Nina, who I quickly realized would be the perfect florist and day-of coordinator for my big day. Nina and Jeremy were nothing short of amazing and, as I said, they created my most memorable experience to date. We were in constant communication and they couldn't have been more responsive, helpful, happy and excited. You don't realize until you get married that it feels REALLY good to have other people feel just as excited about your big day as you are. Nina and Jeremy made me feel as though my big day was THEIR big day, and that was pretty wonderful. Choose this company, you guys. I'm telling you: you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers, Unique Services (Other)

Nina and Jeremy fro ByRequest were recommended to me by a coworker and I couldn't have been happier. They did both my floral and my DJ and my wedding was just absolutely perfect. Nina on the floral worked with me to pin down exactly what I wanted despite me being flower illiterate and everything came out better than I even imagined. It was a dream come true! Every little detail was just stunningly beautiful. They also do wedding coordination so even though she wasn't my coordinator, she really is an added person to help things run smoothly and plan for all the little details. Jeremy as DJ was extremely professional, had a whole checklist to make sure all of our bases were covered and all of our needs were met. We had some great dancing and an even BETTER encore of the night after some serious chanting :) Thank you guys! I wish I could live that day over and over and over!!

Profile Picture Kim, 7/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers

Nina and Jeremy are truly professionals with a passion for what they do. From our very first meeting we felt they were the perfect fit for our wedding. Our families LOVE music, all kinds. So we had a difficult time narrowing down an exact musical style for our wedding. We gave Jeremy a few artists and styles we liked, but basically let him run the show and judge the crowd to figure out what to play. And honestly, that was the best decision we made. He is a true professional and kept our crowd on their feet. I would not have changed one thing he did. I didn't even tell him this, but before I walked down the isle to my the ceremony, my nerves were crazy out of control. But all of a sudden, I could hear my instrumental music playing (I think it was Andrea Bocelli at the time), just like we had talked about and was immediately put at ease. He played such a great part in our day. As for Nina, she is one of a kind. She took on the whole look and feel of our wedding. From the floral, to the decor, to helping me decide on linens and set-up, she is responsible for every single compliment I received about my wedding decor. Aside from that, every so often I would look up and see her doing something, which was so comforting. In that day, as the bride or groom, you are just in a daze, not knowing what's even happening and seeing your vendors making things happen and working so hard is honestly so amazing and calming. I was so confident that they were taking care of everything, I never had to worry. Meet with them, talk with them, hire them. You will not be disappointed. They are an amazing team who truly care about the job they do. Thank you Nina & Jeremy for being such a huge part of our special day. Alberto & Ashley

View Vendor Response