By Invitation Only Wedding Services Reviews

32 | Ashburn, VA

32 Reviews for By Invitation Only Wedding Services

Margie Aristy · Married on 08/31/2019

With us all the way!

Best decision we made on our wedding was to hire Jean as our wedding planner!! We were not sure if hire or not a planner because we only had 30 attendees, but we are glad we did! Jean did a GREAT job. She made sure everything was well organized before during and after the wedding, allowing us to fully enjoy the moments. Oh...and you only pay for what she works...no more no less...very honest!
    GREAT JOB JEAN! We are definitely recommending you to our friends!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Kasi

Kasi S · Married on 12/28/2018

Highly Recommend!

I could not have done it without Jean! I took her “How to have a Fabulous Wedding on a Realistic Budget” class and hired her the next day to be my Day of Coordinator. However, she helped me much more than just the day of. She was able to order my dream dress for me and my 2 veils at a much better value than the boutiques in the area. She also sent me recommendation on flower girl and bridesmaid dresses. We met with her a couple of times before the wedding to make sure everything was on the right track. She helped me with our timeline, vendor confirmations, decorating ideas, etc. She made some decisions for me that I couldn’t make myself, which was helpful while planning a wedding because there are SO many choices. She was at the rehearsal getting everything organized before I was even there. As far as the wedding day – there is absolutely no way I’d want to get married without her. The entire wedding was perfect and ran so smoothly… from set up to clean up. She really took all of the stress away from the day. I can’t say enough good things about her services and my mom and mother in law feel the same way. I will recommend her to all soon to be brides! Thank you Jean!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Parents · Married on 12/28/2018

Excellent!

Hiring By Invitation Only was the best decision. Jean is awsome to work with. She made sure everything went as planned and the bride, groom and parents were able to enjoy the day without any worries.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Amy · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Services

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Invitation Only. We used their wedding dress, invitation, and day of coordination services. Everything was so easy on the website. I had my wedding dress delivered to my house! The invitations came in a cute box with a ribbon. Little touches like that made planning special! We also appreciated the day of coordinating services. We had a large bridal party so lining everyone up was no easy task but Jean was able to do this and everything went off without a hitch.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Brita · Married on 09/29/2018

Wonderful!

We loved having Jean as our day of coordinator! Leading up to the wedding she communicated with all the vendors to make sure everything was ready to go, and on our wedding day she kept on top of everything—set up, directing vendors, and all of the little details, which allowed us to have a completely stress free day. I absolutely recommend her services!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Casey · Married on 09/08/2018

I did my practicum (smaller internship) with Jean, and was happy to learn from here. I attended weddings with her, and also attended her wedding budget classes she has. It was a great overall great experience that was shaped me well for the future. Getting hands on experience from someone who has over 27 years in the industry was so helpful for me. She is not only professional but a great person to be around. I would recommend everyone to her services.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kathy · Married on 10/14/2017

Jean was a very professional, experienced same day coordinator for my daughter’s wedding. I met her at a class she offered through NOVA and was most impressed. She worked through all the many details to where we did nothing on the day of but celebrate and enjoy the day. We know it was because she and her team were behind the scenes making the day seamlesss. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Cory · Married on 10/14/2017

Jean was outstanding! She relived so much of our stress when she stepped in and took charge of all of our vendors and day of details. She is extremely well organized, thorough, and fun to work with! I was very comfortable with her in charge! She was also a very helpful contact early in the planning process. She helped us pull together all the required pieces and organize the process/journey of planning our wedding. She had many great recommendations on what to look for in vendors, timing, ideas etc. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Marie · Married on 06/17/2017

We used Jean's services to help execute wedding plans the day of my daughter's wedding. She set out all our decorations, made sure all the flowers were placed properly, ensured that all parents/grandparents received their flowers, worked with all the vendors and kept the wedding on schedule. She helped make the day so special and allowed me (mother of the bride) to think of nothing but enjoying my daughter's wedding. Money wisely spent!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Drew · Married on 06/17/2017

Jean was great! Everything went smoothly even with 150 people. We had a great experience.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Elise · Married on 06/10/2017

Jean could not have made our day any easier! She kept us on track and assisted in planning/ordering throughout our engagement. The day of the wedding, I had no worries in the world as everything was executed flawlessly. She was extremely well organized, and it was so wonderful not to have to stress/worry on our big day! We were thrilled with her services!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Deni · Married on 05/20/2017

Jean is a doll, my daughter and I loved working with her, she handled everything professionally and calmly!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Heide · Married on 10/21/2016

Jean was professional, knowledgable, efficient and so very helpful. It was wonderful to just enjoy our guests instead of worrying about details and schedules. I would hire her again in a second!

Sent on 10/25/2016
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/21/2016

As a father of the bride, my number one job was to make sure the mother of the bride was happy and not stressing over details during the ceremony and reception. Jean took care of all the little things (along with the big things) and allowed us to enjoy the party and our guests. You may not think that there are details to be handled during the reception, but there are...tons. She even made sure I was where I was supposed to be when I was supposed to be there. If you are on the fence about hiring a planner, my advise is to hire her. Save yourself the headaches!!!

Sent on 11/11/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/21/2016

My daughter's wedding was one of the best days of my life. Jean was a big part of that. My husband and I could not have enjoyed the reception nearly as much if Jean had not been there to take care of all of the details so that we could spend time with family and friends and have fun at the reception and on the dance floor. She took care of so many behind the scenes details and organized so much with the Bridal Party, photographer and music, and I am grateful to her for her help on a very special day for us. I have already asked her to be there for my second daughter! I wouldn't want to plan a wedding without her. She is responsive and pleasant to work with. You can book with confidence with Jean-she is a gem!!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Jean was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive to our questions and helpful with advice when we were in over our heads. She helped us with our save-the-dates and invitations, as well as, day-of wedding planning/coordination. We had a church wedding and a reception at a different location and everything went well without any issues. When we had some set backs with our reception location, Jean was able to step in and ensure that everything would go well (which it did). I would highly recommend her to others.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Laura · Married on 05/23/2015

Jean was amazing and made the whole day run so smoothly and without a hitch. I couldn't have gotten through the day-of without her (and all the days leading up to my big day).

Thanks again for all of your wonderful help, advise and professionalism!!

Sent on 06/25/2015

By Invitation Only offers exceptional service and significant savings. We purchased bridal gown, bridesmaids dresses and invitations at a huge discount. This service is top notch and Jean is absolutely the best!

Sent on 07/20/2015

We first found Jean and her business for our wedding invitations. At that meeting, she mentioned that she also provided day of coordinating. Let me say....best.decision.ever. Jean took the stress out of the entire event, kept me on schedule from a month or so out through the final activities of the evening, and helped with setup and breakdown on day of. She is a true professional who knows how to quietly work a crowd and keep everything in order...while remaining out of the limelight. If you didn't know she was the coordinator, you'd assume she was a guest, which is just what a couple needs on day of. The day was flawless and she most certainly gets the credit!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Very professional, knows what she is doing

Sent on 09/21/2013

Howard · Married on 08/10/2013

Outstanding service. Very responsive and timely. Provided excellent suggestions to make the event memorable.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Christine · Married on 11/10/2012

Oh my gosh I don't know where to start!! Jean made my special day possible by helping me with some pre-wedding prep and coordinating the day of. She was very responsive to all of my e-mails, and was a life saver on our wedding day. She coordinated our rehearsal and set up our reception exactly how we wanted it. Also, charging by the hour made her services very affordable. Thank you again Jean for your help!!!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Erika · Married on 10/28/2011

After receiving a referral from a friend, I used By Invitation Only to order my wedding dress and my flower girl dress and easily saved a third or more of the cost that I would’ve spent if I ordered the dresses through a bridal shop. The dresses arrived promptly and in mint condition. My wedding gown was a Maggie Sottero dress that even came with her signature certificate of authenticity. I would absolutely recommend By Invitation Only to any bride looking to save some serious money on attire!!

I did all of the wedding planning myself, but since I did not want the responsibility of dealing with any potential mishaps on our wedding day I was looking to hire a day-of coordinator. After having such a positive experience ordering the dresses, I decided to hire Jean as a coordinator for our wedding day and rehearsal. Jean was wonderful! She contacted all of our vendors prior to the wedding day to introduce herself, made sure she understood what our expectations were, and even provided a few helpful suggestions with some of our DIY projects. On our wedding day, Jean did a number of tasks for us, including setting up our programs, our place cards, and our DIY centerpieces. She also made sure that the bridal party had everything that we needed including snacks and drinks pre-ceremony and during the pictures. At the end of the night, she made sure everything was packaged up and made it into the proper cars to take home.

Jean was a pleasure to work with and made our wedding day stress-free. Her assistance allowed my husband and I to truly enjoy the day without having to worry about a thing and for that we are truly grateful. Thank you Jean!!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Emily · Married on 06/28/2009

By recommendation of my minister, who suggests having a day-of-coordinator to help faciliatate the ceremony and reception, I began searching local coordinators and came across Jean Hartman. Hiring Jean was possibly one of the best decisions I made.

Jean is incredibly organized and kept in touch with me throughout my wedding planning process. The day of the wedding Jean helped coordinate between the different vendors, handled final payments, and kept us on our timeline to insure the day flowed smoothly. My family and I felt completely free of responsibility and were allowed to enjoy the wedding! After all the guests left Jean stayed to pack up the final gifts and tie up loose ends.

I would highly recommend Jean as a day-of-coordinator for your wedding.

Sent on 07/06/2009
  • F

Erin · Married on 10/11/2008

Jean was wonderful! She helped me pick out the perfect, custom veil and order my bridesmaids dresses (which we saved a lot of money on!). On the day of, she was there to make everything run super smooth so I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 05/17/2009