27 Reviews for By Invitation Only Wedding Services

Mother of Bride (1)
27 By Invitation Only Wedding Services Reviews

I did my practicum (smaller internship) with Jean, and was happy to learn from here. I attended weddings with her, and also attended her wedding budget classes she has. It was a great overall great experience that was shaped me well for the future. Getting hands on experience from someone who has over 27 years in the industry was so helpful for me. She is not only professional but a great person to be around. I would recommend everyone to her services.

Profile Picture Casey, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Wedding Planning

Jean was a very professional, experienced same day coordinator for my daughter’s wedding. I met her at a class she offered through NOVA and was most impressed. She worked through all the many details to where we did nothing on the day of but celebrate and enjoy the day. We know it was because she and her team were behind the scenes making the day seamlesss. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Wedding Planning

Jean was outstanding! She relived so much of our stress when she stepped in and took charge of all of our vendors and day of details. She is extremely well organized, thorough, and fun to work with! I was very comfortable with her in charge! She was also a very helpful contact early in the planning process. She helped us pull together all the required pieces and organize the process/journey of planning our wedding. She had many great recommendations on what to look for in vendors, timing, ideas etc. I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Cory, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Wedding Planning

We used Jean's services to help execute wedding plans the day of my daughter's wedding. She set out all our decorations, made sure all the flowers were placed properly, ensured that all parents/grandparents received their flowers, worked with all the vendors and kept the wedding on schedule. She helped make the day so special and allowed me (mother of the bride) to think of nothing but enjoying my daughter's wedding. Money wisely spent!

Profile Picture Marie, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Wedding Planning

Jean was great! Everything went smoothly even with 150 people. We had a great experience.

Profile Picture Drew, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jean could not have made our day any easier! She kept us on track and assisted in planning/ordering throughout our engagement. The day of the wedding, I had no worries in the world as everything was executed flawlessly. She was extremely well organized, and it was so wonderful not to have to stress/worry on our big day! We were thrilled with her services!

Profile Picture Elise, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Wedding Planning

Jean is a doll, my daughter and I loved working with her, she handled everything professionally and calmly!

Profile Picture Deni, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Wedding Planning

Jean was professional, knowledgable, efficient and so very helpful. It was wonderful to just enjoy our guests instead of worrying about details and schedules. I would hire her again in a second!

Profile Picture Heide, 10/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations

As a father of the bride, my number one job was to make sure the mother of the bride was happy and not stressing over details during the ceremony and reception. Jean took care of all the little things (along with the big things) and allowed us to enjoy the party and our guests. You may not think that there are details to be handled during the reception, but there are...tons. She even made sure I was where I was supposed to be when I was supposed to be there. If you are on the fence about hiring a planner, my advise is to hire her. Save yourself the headaches!!!

Profile Picture Frank, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations

My daughter's wedding was one of the best days of my life. Jean was a big part of that. My husband and I could not have enjoyed the reception nearly as much if Jean had not been there to take care of all of the details so that we could spend time with family and friends and have fun at the reception and on the dance floor. She took care of so many behind the scenes details and organized so much with the Bridal Party, photographer and music, and I am grateful to her for her help on a very special day for us. I have already asked her to be there for my second daughter! I wouldn't want to plan a wedding without her. She is responsive and pleasant to work with. You can book with confidence with Jean-she is a gem!!

Profile Picture Wendy , 10/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts

Jean, does a great job!!!!

Profile Picture Barbara, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Mother of Bride

Jean was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive to our questions and helpful with advice when we were in over our heads. She helped us with our save-the-dates and invitations, as well as, day-of wedding planning/coordination. We had a church wedding and a reception at a different location and everything went well without any issues. When we had some set backs with our reception location, Jean was able to step in and ensure that everything would go well (which it did). I would highly recommend her to others.

Profile Picture User6670750, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Wedding Planning

Jean was amazing and made the whole day run so smoothly and without a hitch. I couldn't have gotten through the day-of without her (and all the days leading up to my big day).

Thanks again for all of your wonderful help, advise and professionalism!!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

By Invitation Only offers exceptional service and significant savings. We purchased bridal gown, bridesmaids dresses and invitations at a huge discount. This service is top notch and Jean is absolutely the best!

Profile Picture Debbie, 11/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Planning

We first found Jean and her business for our wedding invitations. At that meeting, she mentioned that she also provided day of coordinating. Let me say....best.decision.ever. Jean took the stress out of the entire event, kept me on schedule from a month or so out through the final activities of the evening, and helped with setup and breakdown on day of. She is a true professional who knows how to quietly work a crowd and keep everything in order...while remaining out of the limelight. If you didn't know she was the coordinator, you'd assume she was a guest, which is just what a couple needs on day of. The day was flawless and she most certainly gets the credit!

Profile Picture User3847605, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Wedding Planning

Very professional, knows what she is doing

Profile Picture User3550021, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Outstanding service. Very responsive and timely. Provided excellent suggestions to make the event memorable.

Profile Picture Howard, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Wedding Planning

Oh my gosh I don't know where to start!! Jean made my special day possible by helping me with some pre-wedding prep and coordinating the day of. She was very responsive to all of my e-mails, and was a life saver on our wedding day. She coordinated our rehearsal and set up our reception exactly how we wanted it. Also, charging by the hour made her services very affordable. Thank you again Jean for your help!!!

Profile Picture Christine, 11/10/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

After receiving a referral from a friend, I used By Invitation Only to order my wedding dress and my flower girl dress and easily saved a third or more of the cost that I would’ve spent if I ordered the dresses through a bridal shop. The dresses arrived promptly and in mint condition. My wedding gown was a Maggie Sottero dress that even came with her signature certificate of authenticity. I would absolutely recommend By Invitation Only to any bride looking to save some serious money on attire!!

I did all of the wedding planning myself, but since I did not want the responsibility of dealing with any potential mishaps on our wedding day I was looking to hire a day-of coordinator. After having such a positive experience ordering the dresses, I decided to hire Jean as a coordinator for our wedding day and rehearsal. Jean was wonderful! She contacted all of our vendors prior to the wedding day to introduce herself, made sure she understood what our expectations were, and even provided a few helpful suggestions with some of our DIY projects. On our wedding day, Jean did a number of tasks for us, including setting up our programs, our place cards, and our DIY centerpieces. She also made sure that the bridal party had everything that we needed including snacks and drinks pre-ceremony and during the pictures. At the end of the night, she made sure everything was packaged up and made it into the proper cars to take home.

Jean was a pleasure to work with and made our wedding day stress-free. Her assistance allowed my husband and I to truly enjoy the day without having to worry about a thing and for that we are truly grateful. Thank you Jean!!

Profile Picture Erika, 10/28/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Wedding Planning

Jean saved me a ton of money on my wedding dress, which was originally listed at over $1,000 and purchased through her for $500. We did have some problems -- the wrong dress came first, which was the designer's fault and not Jean's, and she worked to correct it immediately. Overall though, the money I saved was worth not having a traditional boutique experience.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/15/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

By recommendation of my minister, who suggests having a day-of-coordinator to help faciliatate the ceremony and reception, I began searching local coordinators and came across Jean Hartman. Hiring Jean was possibly one of the best decisions I made.

Jean is incredibly organized and kept in touch with me throughout my wedding planning process. The day of the wedding Jean helped coordinate between the different vendors, handled final payments, and kept us on our timeline to insure the day flowed smoothly. My family and I felt completely free of responsibility and were allowed to enjoy the wedding! After all the guests left Jean stayed to pack up the final gifts and tie up loose ends.

I would highly recommend Jean as a day-of-coordinator for your wedding.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/28/09, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jean was wonderful! She helped me pick out the perfect, custom veil and order my bridesmaids dresses (which we saved a lot of money on!). On the day of, she was there to make everything run super smooth so I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/11/08, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

I would recommend Jean to anyone! She helped me with my bridesmaid dresses, invitations, save the dates, favors, and just had wonderful ideas. She is honest and will give you great advice/ideas that others would not. She will go out of her way to make your day the best it can be and is easy to talk to at any time on any day. Don't go through those online bridal sites, Jean has all the same stuff at cheaper prices. She had all my dresses ordered, sent, and altered without me having to even think about it. I never felt stressed with her because she always had a timeline for things and was organized even when I was not. For a wedding that�s stress free and under budget, all without making sacrifices call Jean!

Profile Picture Alison, 9/8/07, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Invitations, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Jean was amazing. She got me my dream dress at 40% off and she measured me so perfectly that I didn't require any alterations on my dress except for the bustling. I have recommended her to all my friends. My sister used her for her wedding dress as well...and she lives in the midwest!

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/30/07, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My wedding was almost three years ago and I continue to refer friends and acquaintances to Jean Hartman. She saved me probably close to $500 on my wedding dress, three bridesmaid dresses, and invitations. They were all exactly what I ordered and absolutely beautiful. My sister in Louisiana also used her and even with a distance of over 1000 miles away, she was flexible and professional in seeing that everyone got what they ordered! Additionally, I used Jean as my "Day-Of" coordinator. She allowed my wedding to go off without a hitch, reminded me of details I had forgotten, and made sure that my wedding was what my husband and I dreamed of (not what she wanted, like many planners do). She saved me a generous amount of money and more importantly, a tremendous amount of stress. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/5/06, 6 Reviews