By Invitation Only Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Meghan Married on 09/14/2019

Simply amazing!

We are so happy we used By Invitation Only for our wedding invitation suite! Their selection is extensive and beautiful, with similar options at varying price points. We worked with Kerrie, who was kind, professional, flexible and accommodating to our many questions and more traditional style. She was a great resource throughout the planning process and provided guidance on wording, addressing, the best post offices for hand-canceled stamps, and so much more! Kerrie even connected us with a calligrapher and offered to be the hand-off point for the envelopes, saving us time and stress. We definitely recommend By Invitation Only!
  • Traci
    Traci Married on 12/22/2018

Richmond’s Finest

I’m s very traditional bride that doesn’t want anything that other brides select. Crazy, I know. However, the staff understood me and found several beautiful options for my selection. The options just kept getting better. When I struggled the ladies stepped in with guidance. Our save the dates, invitations and menu cards were stunning. All were received timely in lovely packaging. Our guest expectations were set from the mailbox!
    Rebecca Married on 09/15/2018
    Thank you to By Invitation Only for our amazing wedding invitations! Allison and I had several appointments over the course of a few months. She was so easy to work with and knowledgeable. I never felt pressured to choose anything right away and she took the time to answer all my questions and explain details including the etiquette of the wording on invitations (Which I knew nothing about!) The quality of the design and invitations were excellent. I would recommend them to any bride
    Molly Married on 10/14/2017
    I highly recommend By Invitation Only. Kerrie and Allison were great to work with when planning for my wedding. They helped us with our save the dates, invitations, and programs. Everything turned out beautifully. Kerrie and Allison were both helpful throughout this process. As time got closer to the big day, there were a few to-dos that I had remaining; one of them being the program. By Invitation Only offered to help me with it via email, as I already knew the type of program that I wanted. Finishing that detail via email was huge for me. It gave me time to finish up other aspects. During the entire planning process, both ladies were responsive, which put me at ease. Thanks so much to the both of you. The special day ended up being all that we wanted and more!
    Cassandra Married on 08/26/2017
    We worked primarily with Allison, and she was super professional and very responsive to all of our many questions. I also really appreciated all of her advice and expert opinion along the way - there are a lot of decisions that you have to make with invitations, and she was really helpful throughout the whole process. I loved how our invitations turned out, and they really fit in well with the rest of our decor and other paper items. I also love their new shop location in the Fan - so convenient and super cute!
  • User1907797 2+ years ago
    FABULOUS! Allison and Whitney were wonderful to work with. I was not even considering using an invitation service, but the invitation I found online was no longer available so, I contacted them because I wanted to create my own custom invitation. They met with me for over an hour as we bounced around ideas. We ended up settling on a pre-designed invitation, but they were so patient with me throughout the process. They were always on time and accurate with their information. I would HIGHLY recommend these wonderful ladies!
  • rusticbride
    Sarah Married on 05/17/2014
    I cannot even begin to describe how much I ENJOYED my experience at By Invitation Only! I had been having such an AWFUL time trying to find the RIGHT invitation for our wedding. I decided to quit using the online websites, and just deal directly with a professional team! My first consultation was perfect because the consultant took my budget, and my ideas, and then presented me with options that WORKED within those parameters. At that point, it was so much easier for me to spot the "right" invitations for us. The service was fantastic, email responses were quick and informative, a proof arrived in my email only a couple of weeks after placing my order. Fantastic experience. I highly recommend By Invitation Only to anyone who is just FED up with looking online/ordering sample after sample after sample, and still not getting the WOW factor. Our invitations are BEYOND WOW, and I cannot wait to send them out! Thanks so much, By Invitation Only! I hope for many goods things to come your way during 2014!
    Chelsea Married on 04/17/2014
    I can't say enough good things about By Invitation Only! Everything went so smoothly and looked fantastic! They have so many books full of invitations to choose from and are great with making it exactly how you picture it. No need to look any further, get your invitations here!!
  • Colin
    Colin Married on 10/13/2013
    I used By Invitation Only for all of my wedding paper needs – from invitations, menus and programs to personalized cocktail napkins and matchboxes. I worked with Debbie and she was very knowledgeable about the store’s products and the proper etiquette for addressing all the invitations. With her help, I chose beautiful invitations by Arthur Andersen. Now, 2 weeks after my wedding, I’m still receiving compliments on how elegant they looked! The store’s graphic artist, Whitney, even helped me replicate the monogram I used on the invitations for use on the menus and programs. Their professional services are definitely worth the price!
    Courtney Married on 10/12/2013
    I am so glad I went to By Invitation Only! I worked with Allison. She was so helpful and responsive to every email I sent her. She would even make suggestions on wording. The invitations looked beautiful and the price was very reasonable.
    Katherine Married on 11/03/2012
    What an awesome experience. The staff at By Invitation Only was extremely friendly and professional. They really helped us pick out the right invitation and they gave us all the details we needed throughout the entire process. I would use them again for other stationary. The cost was reasonable and the work that they did for us was flawless, not one mistake. I highly recommend By Invitation Only!
  • User903858 2+ years ago
    Really helpful. I tried to go to Party City and do t myself so I would save some money with the discount but it was worth going here.
    Tiffany Married on 07/14/2012
    I used By Invitation Only in house printing services and was very pleased with the quality of work. They provide an array of paper and font types that allowed me to design and personalize my invitations.
    Meg Married on 06/30/2012
    Beautiful invitations, under budget and on time. They were incredibly patient with my mother's and my conflicting vision and, happily, Mom and I both got what we wanted thanks to the incredible guidance we were given. They even stayed late one evening to work with my parents as my father couldn't get out of work in time to be there during normal business hours.
    Kirsten Married on 06/23/2012
    Great invitation store with a large selection! The employees were so helpful, kind and patient. I told them what I was looking for and they brought me book after book until I found the right invitation. I let them address the envelopes with their computer calligraphy and it looked beautiful. They also made matching fans for my ceremony that also served as programs. They were very cute.
    Katie Married on 05/27/2012
    The ladies at By Invitation Only were amazing! They used their creative sense to help me create just the perfect invitations and wedding favors for my big day! Everyone immediately told me they loved what they did. Thank you so much!! See you next event!
    Alison Married on 11/19/2011
    The team provided us with impeccable service throughout our wedding planning process. We presented them with a picture of a the most perfect invitation that we found in a magazine that they didn't carry and they went the extra mile to find it and get it for us. It was truly a pleasure working with them!!
    Katie Married on 09/24/2011
    Very helpful, I made custom invitations and they were there to help me every step of the way! I could not have been happier. They turned out perfect, I did assemble the invitations but it was no big deal when you have help and you save money : )
    Diane Married on 09/03/2011
    from save the dates, rehearsal dinner invitations, cocktail napkins, programs.
    guest books,etc they were the best!!!!
    Sara Married on 04/02/2011
    By Invitation Only is wonderful to work with to order any invitations, napkins or any wedding/ ceremony items. Monica is good to help you through the process of wording your invitations regardless of what invitations you need to order. She is prompt and answers any questions you may have. Her work is superb. I would highly recommend By Invitation Only for anyone that needs invitations of any kind.
    Barbara Married on 06/19/2010
    I loved our invitations! Everyone said they were the most beautiful invitations they had ever seen! By Invitation Only was very helpful and easy to work with. They have so many books and invitations to look at, but the staff is very knowledgeable and we were able to narrow things down once they saw what I liked. I highly recommend this store!!!!
    Mary B. Married on 06/05/2010
    Monica helped me order and address all our wedding invitations and place cards which was a godsend as I am in Norway. She was brilliant and gave me super advice as to what to choose-very brave of her as I hadn't actually seen anything until my own invitation arrived in the post!
    They did a great job and I appreciated their quick response times and professional service.
    Jennifer Married on 04/17/2010
    My bridal shower inviations were from here and they were awesome! Everyone thought they were very nice quality! I really loved the formatting and the style of them. I then went in because I needed more and they were eager to help and get me what I needed. In the future I will always check here first before going anywhere else. They have a huge selections on invitations and stationary. Store is just lovely...A stationary person's heaven :)
    Rebecca Married on 06/20/2009
    Great service!! I loved going into this store every time. The staff is friendly and helpful. Everything was perfect! We got our wedding invitations, rehearsal dinner invitations and drink napkins from them.
    Tracy Married on 09/06/2008
    Beautiful, on-time, and very easy to work with!