By Charlie Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Lucy Married on 07/02/2022

Miss L Ellis

We cannot be more thrilled with how my sisters wedding turned out. The venue was gorgeous and took our breath away each time we were on site. Charlie exceeded all expectations. She made the process smooth, simple, and most importantly, stress free. The day of the wedding, there was nothing to worry about because Charlie took care of everything. It was like she was part of our family, and we couldn’t have asked for anyone better. The guests had so many positive things to say about the day. We received so many compliments on the venue, food, staff, and service. Thank you for making my sisters day so special and perfect.
    Joshua Married on 05/27/2022

Can we do it again?????

I was the groom of a may wedding which charlie planned,designed and coordinated and I couldn't have been happier. She is organized, reliable and went above & beyond to make sure we were stress free the whole trip. We've been told by many of our guests how amazing the weekend and Charlie was. Thanks to everyone involved
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Ellie A. Married on 04/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

the intimate amazing day we wanted

We didnt intent to hire a planner with it being 16 of us but charlie acknowledged this and set us a cutom package and a realistic fee for the size & requirements of the wedding, she also organized a private boat for the day before whilst she worked on our setup and connected us to a wonderful driver nigel for the duration of our stay! She even took me to the supermarket and organised a private dr at the villa when my groom got an ear infection 2 days before the wedding! She went above and beyond to ensure we were taken care of and the wedding itself was exactly as we hoped, intimate and simple. We are in the process of buying a house so had a very very modest budget and had it in the villa we had rented but charlie seamlessly transformed a simple patio into a gorgeous dinner party setup, ensured the wines we wanted were plentiful. She also suggested the idea of having a 5 course pairing dinner with wines for each (my husband is wine obsessed) and last minute added some surprise elements in that I had wanted but i thought were not in the budget. Thank you to Charlie, della and all of the great staff for making sure our wedding and visit were perfect and memorable. We hope to see you again when we can next visit
  • Ashley
    Ashley H. Married on 01/22/2022

An absolute dream

Where to even begin writing this review?! Planning a destination wedding I knew I wanted to hire a local coordinator (especially since I had never been to St Lucia before) and I found the perfect match in Charlie. She somehow magically put together our absolute dream week (she also helped us coordinate a welcome bon fire + catamaran day prior to our wedding day), making it look like the easiest thing in the world. With COVID rules changing by the week and our guest count fluctuating all over the place she took it all in stride and never let us loose faith that it would all work out. Her team of vendors that she works with are 10/10, and we were thrilled with everyone from hair + makeup to the bar staff. It felt like having a bunch of new friends at our wedding vs. people working at our wedding which was amazing. Charlie went above and beyond, even dropping off extra high chairs/pack and plays etc for my niece so we didn’t have to travel from the west coast with them. She also leaned into our style completely and let us dictate how the day went (we ditched a lot of traditional things like garter toss/cake cutting etc.) to make the day feel like our own. I could keep going on and on, but the summary here is that we had the absolute best time ever on St Lucia and I was able to relax and enjoy it all vs. stress about planning, all thanks to her and her amazing assistant Dela. We are forever grateful!
  • NICOLA
    Nicola M. Married on 07/23/2021

Wonderful!

Thanks to Charlie the design was everything that we wanted! We felt no worries knowing that she involved for our big day. Being a destination wedding there was good communication and visual presentations of all ideas and everything throughout.
    We both highly recommend her for making your wedding design ideas come to life!
    Richina B. Married on 07/04/2021

The Pandemic Princess

I initially hired Charlie in early 2019 for my summer 2020 wedding. Of course, the pandemic had other plans in mind and we moved our wedding once, twice and then a third time. Through it all, Charlie remained level headed and well organized, carrying all of our plans through each of our new dates. Confirming and re-confirming vendors, communicating with government contacts to stay abreast of rules & restrictions, etc. Finally, the time arrived for us to have our dream wedding almost one year to the date from when it was originally schedule and wouldn't you know it... A hurricane was forming and was predicted to hit the day before our wedding! I was completely devastated and that is honestly putting it mildly. To have waited this long just so we could have our dream day, and then to watch all of our plans begin to crumble because of another unforeseen and rapidly approaching natural disaster was heart wrenching. But Charlie stepped into action IMMEDIATELY. By the time she informed us that the hurricane was approaching, she already had a back up plan in place, drawn out, vendors arranged, etc. It wasn't going to be my dream day, but she was going to make it work. I wasn't happy, but there was nothing else that we could do. Or so I thought. In another stroke of genius, and at the midnight hour, Charlie came up with another plan that completely turned things around for us and changed the trajectory of our wedding weekend as we knew it. I'm not really sure if Charlie is really a wedding planner or if she is actually magician, but this woman single handedly made a way for us to have everything we wanted and everything we didn't even know we needed despite the pandemic, despite a hurricane, and despite a lot of other ups & downs. I would be here writing all day if I had to describe everything we went through and how Charlie was there every step of the way to fix every single problem for us, seen and unseen. All of my guests are STILL praising Charlie & her work, and talking about our wedding being the best wedding that they've ever been too. Of course there were minor details that were amiss, but that's what makes life beautiful; the perfect imperfections. Overall, our day was perfect for US and we owe a lifetime of gratitude to Charlie for single handedly orchestrating it all. All of the awards and accolades she's received are very well deserved; believe the hype! Thank you Charlie!!!

xoxo
    The McCains
  • Niki
    Niki R. Married on 01/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best decision I ever made was hiring Charlie (then marrying my husband)

If I could give Charlie one million stars, I would. Hiring Charlie was the best decision I ever made (followed by marrying my husband ;D)

As many of you reading this likely feel the same, planning a wedding is stressful without COVID and then you add in COVID to a destination wedding it's a cluster F@*$. To add to that, when I say every possible roadblock from the universe that could have come up did, it's an understatement...but we had Charlie and she saved the day everyday.

She understood our vision, remained cool, calm and collected and was constantly problem solving for us. She helped us plan a 3 day event (inclusive of a welcome party, rehearsal, main event wedding) and it was magical for both us and our 51 guests.

We had several guests tell us that this was the best wedding they've ever attended and that truly would not have been possible without Charlie. She's our fairy god mother and now friend.

If you're on the fence of working with her, don't. Just do it. It's 10000000% worth it.

K.l. Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing!!!!!

For such an important time in your life, it’s great to have confidence and peace of mind in knowing that you can truly trust that your ideas will come to fruition beautifully.
    December L. Married on 01/11/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

More than my best wedding day dream!

Where do we begin ! We chose St.Lucia as our wedding destination because I was born, raised and lived most of my life there. I was a bit apprehensive at first because as a bride , I wanted the perfect combo of island energy and international presentation in terms of aesthetics and quality. Charlotte and her company "By Charlie Ltd' are the perfect embodiment of just that.

Charlie was the last wedding planner we interviewed out of 3 on the island - and she literally had me from the moment she said " tell me your dreams for your big day" - she listened very carefully and then asked questions to get a feel for us and what we wanted . She kept the lines of communication open and moving at all times.

Right after we had signed with Charlotte - she found out that she was pregnant . I remember being particularly worried because her due date was literally 6+ weeks before my wedding , and she said I assure you - I've got this . And I will say this - she never skipped a beat, and that right there is a testament to how dedicated and focused she is .

The whole process was extremely professional, from the 3d drawings and mock ups that she sent to us to the vision boards via pdf . She worked with me on specific items that were important to me - like importing very specific Italian wines, incorporating our pets into our day, specific linens that i was very particular about etc.

Even in the moments when I was going crazy - I might have had my 1 bridezilla moment ;-) - she effortlessly calmed me down, listened to my concerns, understood and worked with us and for us to deliver the most perfect day. Charlotte was by my side from the moment we arrived into St.Lucia for our wedding 6 days before the date and she ensured that everything was done - literally all we did was enjoy our time before the wedding - not a worry or care all because of my wedding fairy. At that moment I realized that she is so great at what she does because she loves doing it and is super talented !

Our wedding day - OMG - I'm still speechless and I might be biased, but our wedding day was the most fun, emotional day ever !! Our theme of green, gold and glass was seamlessly blended throughout all our locations at Pigeon Island. Charlotte had described her vision for our wedding as a "journey" and to actually see it on our day was beyond awesome. From our intimate , romantic ceremony , to our charming cocktail reception and dinner to our hyped up "fete" on the beach - our day was EVERYTHING !! Every one of our guests had an amazing time as did we - we danced all night long !!!

And finally I just want to say thank you to Charlie and Della , for allowing me to be your "bridol" and keeping me on as a friend, along the way my wedding fairy became my friend - you're the best Charlie babes !! Our experience was beyond amazing and if Claude would let me, I would have you marry us every year !!!

Claude and December
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra F. Married on 08/25/2019

Simply Amazing!

Once Georges and I got engaged in January of 2018, we knew that we wanted to have a destination wedding. We decided to have our wedding at the Royalton Resort on the island. Our vision was to bring our New York Wedding to the island and Charlie made that happen for us. I found Charlie while browsing on instagram and contacted her immediately. We had a phone consultation shortly after and discussed the vision that Georges and I had for our wedding. Shortly after Charlie sent us a 3D Wedding Design, which really helped us to see our vision put to life.
    The day of the wedding, Charlie was amazing and managed to keep both Georges and I stress free. Our ceremony & reception set up was gorgeous and better than what we could have ever imagined. We couldn’t have made a better choice when we decided to hire Charlie.
  • Christina
    Christina P. Married on 07/05/2019

world class

My great gatsby wedding reception was more than I could have imagined- all because of charlie and the team. I pictured some features and sequins but charlie nearly had my on the floor when I walked in. The napkins were folded as tuxedos with small bow tie props, the dancefloor had the great gatsby mansion projected behind it, there were moving 1920s projections on the beautifully draped walls and mini chandeliers all around. Words still escape me. I will never forget the most amazing wedding all thanks to by charlie.
    Christina Married on 07/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Planning with Charlie and already so so happy

I think this website is intended for couples to review after the wedding but we have hired charlie for our 2019 wedding and we wanted to hop on here to sing her praises,she is a wonderwoman! She is juggling so many events plus a family, home etc but never fails to respond to us, keep us updated and is regularly checking in to reassure us all is under control. We went with her gold package which gives her full control of our day as me and husband to be are both exhausted doctors who sleep crazy times and don't have a creative bone in our bodies, we have also never organised any bigger event than a 30th birthday between us and that got us stressed and anxious in itself. We went with a destination wedding so we can combine it into a vacation and honeymoon all in one with our closest friends and family. We don't know the island but her guidance alone makes us feel at home already. She has walked us patiently but thoroughly through the process, ensuring we don't feel overwhelmed at any stage and stepping back when she feels we are stressed or busy. She had a 60 minute consultation with us on FaceTime and within a week we had our dream wedding in a 28 page pdf document. Will review and add photos after the wedding but charlie, thank you thank you thank you, i never imagined the planning process would give me amazing lifetime m memories but it really is, I get so excited when I see your name ping up on my phone.

We are so thankful to you Charlie, Della and team, cant wait for the big day/week

Christina and Ayden
    Anya B. Married on 06/04/2019

Outstanding!

Charlie has an amazing attention to detail, she works hard to deliver on your dream, even suggesting extra touches to make it better than you could have imagined. I have been a part of 2 weddings that she planned and coordinated, one for my sibling and the other for my sister-in-law; both were unique unique and blew me away. She is professional, focused and executes impeccably!
  • Mrinalini
    Mrinalini A. Married on 06/04/2019

Absolutely the best!

Stephen and I always wanted a destination wedding, and chose St Lucia as Stephen had spent a part of his childhood there. I had some anxiety about planning a destination wedding, but Charlie came very highly recommended by our family and friends in St Lucia. From the moment I had my first FaceTime consultation with her, I knew I had made the perfect choice with Charlie. She was very attentive to the vision we had for our special day. While I had a general idea of what I wanted, it was Charlie that helped me put together all the intricate details.
    Shortly after our consultation, Charlie sent us a design package that exceeded anything we had expected. She had not missed a single detail from our FaceTime discussion. During our second FaceTime appointment, Charlie’s passion was very clear, as she would get just as excited as us about the details of our big day. Throughout the planning process, Charlie was great at communicating with us, despite the time difference. She was available to answer our questions and provided support and input with making any decisions.
    Charlie will absolutely go above and beyond what is expected of a wedding planner. She took time out of her schedule at Christmas to take us on a venue tour and to introduce us to our vendors. She brought her 3-D designs to the venue, so we could really visualize the set up for the wedding. She took the time to get to know us as a couple and paired us with the perfect officiant, DJ and photographer. In addition to the wedding, Charlie also helped us plan other wedding week events. She helped create welcome packages for our out-of-town guests. She also put us in touch with a henna artist and an Indian chef, as we had a few traditional events planned to honour my Indian culture.
    On the wedding day, Charlie had detailed schedules for hair and makeup. She had already given the bridal party a list of what we would need to eliminate any unnecessary stress. Every little detail was already thought of, and I was completely relaxed.
    The set up at the venue was breathtaking, making for an absolutely perfect ceremony. The dinner and reception areas were something out of a fairytale. Charlie completely transformed the venue. The lighting, the hanging florals, and all the décor were beyond stunning. To this day we are still receiving compliments about how beautiful the venue was.
    I can say without a doubt that our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was without Charlie’s expertise, professionalism, hard work and dedication. If you are planning a wedding or any other event in St Lucia, there is truly no better choice than By Charlie.

• Lana
    Lana Married on 05/22/2019

Saved our day

We hired Charlie 6 weeks before our big day. at the time we were upset and terrified. 60 guests had paid to come to the Caribbean and we had little in the way of anything from the planner we had been assigned from the resort. We decided to go for it and tale the plunge by hiring an outside planner for additional cost- but it was worth every cent and more. Within 3 days of us signing the contract and paying a deposit we had a full design, consultation call and the reassurance we desperately needed. Charlie told us what to focus on and took over on everything else allowing us to focus on packing,final fittings and most of all getting excited for the big day ahead. We got on the airplane in a mood we didn't think was possible 6 weeks before and the whole trip was a dream come true. She used the budget we gave her to create the day we wanted and more. She became our voice to the resort staff meaning we no longer had to liaise with the previous team who had caused us so much stress. We had a day to remember for all the reasons we wanted it to be remembered and guests are still on a high months later wishing they could go back again. Thank you for keeping me calm, sane and delivering the day we dreamed of. Thank you Charlie- more than words can say. Lana
    Kizzie Married on 04/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If you're looking to have the wedding of your dreams Charlie is the perfect person to make your dreams a reality!!
    Carrisa Married on 09/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We are beyond satisfied with the expertise, professionalism and integrity that Charlie and her team delivered throughout our journey. We put our trust in her to deliver our vision and she executed this to perfection. Charlie was not just our wedding planner, she was an integral part of our wedding experience and she will ensure excellence and perfection for your special day/event.
    Lauren Married on 08/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Charlie is an actual super woman. I don’t know how she does it!! Her attention to detail, her creativity and lovely nature ensured that our day was the most magical day ever! Thank you Charlie xxxxx
    Monica Married on 08/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I simply cannot say praise Charlie enough. She made our day, our entire week so memorable. So perfect. She went so above and beyond for us. I would recommend her with so much confidence that she will make this day a happy and memorable experience!!! Top notch, caring, lovely lady who cares and takes so much pride in what she is doing!
    Robyn Married on 06/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Amazing service, every last detail was perfect! Thank you Charlie!
  • Denyse
    Denyse E. Married on 05/05/2018

Amazing amazing amazing

Our wedding was an absolute fairytale because of the hard work and dedication of Charlie. Marc and I were nervous about the planning of our wedding because we both come from big families and inevitably would have a big wedding but the entire process felt flawless because of her.

When I first met with Charlie we spoke about Marc’s and my vision for the big day, all the dos and don’ts and all the must haves and to the last day of planning she remembered every single one. During the entire planning process Charlie was my right hand, friend, advisor and counselor. She was there at any given time of day/night that I needed a question answered, had another bright idea for her to execute or just wanted an update on how things were going. She helped me come up with ways to make my wedding even more memorable, unique and cut down on costs and still have everything I wanted. I got to be as involved as I wanted in some aspects of the wedding and distance myself where I preferred her to make the executive decisions.

On the day of my wedding I felt nothing but excitement. I did not have a single worry as the process showed me just how capable Charlie was. I got ready with those closest to me, we laughed, drank, ate and counted down till the moment I got to say “I do”. During that time Charlie was checking on me, making sure food was delivered to our room, our flowers stayed in water, pre wedding gifts from my now husband were delivered all the while ensuring all our vendors stayed in check. Anything that went wrong was solved by the time we even found out. Charlie was truly a miracle worker.

I could go on and on about how happy we were with our wedding but we would be here all day. Thank you Charlie for everything you did to make the biggest day of our lives a fairytale. Thank you for being my wedding fairy god mother.
    Tillie Married on 04/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fantastic service from start to finish
    Peter Married on 03/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Short time frame and perfect result

Charlotte Married on 01/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Amazing talented and hardworking.
illustration stars