By Asa Photography Reviews

85 | Alexandria, VA

85 Reviews for By Asa Photography

• Kate

Kate S. · Getting married on 06/26/2021

Wonderful to work with! Beautiful pictures quickly!

My husband and I got married during the pandemic so it was important that we had pictures to show friends & family who weren't there. Asa delivered! We have so many beautiful photos. Our wedding was planned quickly so we didn't have perfect plans for where we wanted photos & Asa was wonderful about finding great locations. After the wedding we got our pictures back very quickly. We are so happy we chose By Asa to capture our day!

Sent on 12/27/2020
  • Raven

Raven M. · Married on 05/06/2021

Amazing photographer

From the start Asa was amazing to work with! His packages were reasonable, snd he had great ideas. Our engagement and wedding photos came out fantastic! Our wedding guests also noted how efficient both he and his second shooter were. Can’t say enough good things!

Sent on 06/18/2021

Alejandra · Married on 12/12/2020

Amazing and Fun Experience

From the moment we had the first consultation call we knew we found our photographer. Asa was not only fun to talk to, but he had many creative ideas about the church and venue location. We never felt rushed or pushed to sign the contract and even when we had questions Asa explained it with such great detail. We received our pictures last week, and the editing on the pictures were well done that you could not tell they were edited unless you put the original next to it! Even then the minor edits looked naturally done. Asa took all the pictures we asked for and more, if you’re looking for a wedding photographer give Asa a call, and I’m sure you’ll be convinced as we were!

Sent on 01/15/2021
  • F

Fred L. · Married on 10/24/2020

Rewarding Experience with Photographer

After reviewing several photographers, we went for By Asa Photography - and are very pleased we did! Asa was a pleasure to work with, being in touch with us before and leading right up to our wedding. He accommodated our venue and unpredictable schedule, and took some great shots! We are looking forward to working with him for our future reception. We recommend By Asa Photography for anyone looking for a professional wedding photographer.

Sent on 05/14/2021
  • Sayaka

Sayaka G. · Married on 10/17/2020

Such a pro and within budget!

Asa was an absolute pro - everyone commented on how he much he hustled all day to capture everything. We have so many pictures we didn't even know he was taking. We were SHOCKED at how quickly he was able to process our pictures and get us the digitals to our 1000+ photos from the day. He was also flexible, friendly, and laid back - a great vibe to have on our big day. It was clear it wasn't his first rodeo - he had lots of ideas for fun shots, was quick to set up equipment, and had things timed out well. We're so happy we found him and will definitely go straight to him for any other milestones we want captured! Thank you, Asa!

Sent on 10/30/2020

Courtney · Married on 09/26/2020

Captured Every Moment!

Asa was amazing to work with! Not only does he specialize in the documentary/candid photos we were looking for, but he also took the promotional photos for our wedding venue, and knew all the best spots for photos. He is very familiar with the DC metro area, and immediately made us comfortable during our engagement photo session at the National Cathedral and at the Kennedy Center. He was very laid back and had great ideas, but was also able to capture the in between moments we were looking for.
    On the actual wedding day, we had a great time having him there as we got ready, and he was able to get all the shots we wanted for the formal photos, and we still had time to attend the cocktail hour! For our reception he went the extra mile to ensure we had pictures of everyone having a great time, and was able to capture great moments at all angles. His efficiency and ability to seek out great photo opportunities made our pictures ones that we will look back on forever.
    I highly recommend Asa for any and all photo opportunities you may have!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Drew M. · Married on 07/11/2020

Great Photographer

Asa was great all-around. I asked him to capture some photos of a surprise engagement party. He was very responsive before, during, and after the party. He knew exactly which shots would look best and gave us instructions on different photos during the party. Would recommend Asa to anyone, the pictures came out great.

Sent on 11/13/2020

Ladybug · Married on 06/20/2020

Attentive and Kind

Asa was my photographer for my covid elopement on 6/20/20.
    The pictures were gorgeous and came back so quickly. Asa was kind and patient with us and never added stress to the day. He decreased my stress with great ideas and easily keeping in touch until the moment I saw my husband.

Sent on 06/23/2020
  • Y

Yuliam P. · Married on 05/02/2020

Amazing photographer!

We loved working with Asa since the first time that we met with him we know he was the one. He was so attentive and caring regarding our situation due to COVID-19. He understood what we wanted and adjusted to our budget. We decided to do a virtual wedding but we still wanted our nice wedding picture and some portraits in a nice place. He searched the place for us and we blindly trust him. When we got to the place, we were really impressed with his selection and our pictures end up being perfect. He was such a great communicator, patient, and attentive to our needs. He answered all my emails on a timely manner and address our needs. We are a really introvert couple and we do not like taking so many pictures but ASA make us feel so comfortable that we did not even felt that we were in a photo session. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!!! Thank you so much, Asa! We are beyond impress with your work!

Sent on 08/19/2020
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh W. · Married on 03/14/2020

Incredible

Asa and his assistant were a pleasure to work with. He guided my husband and I through the first look, full of nerves and jitters. He suggested great locations amd made sure we stayed on time. At the reception, my husband and I greeted each guest and somehow, Asa managed to be right there to capture those moments for us. We received some amazing pictures and an amazing album that he prepared for us. I would definitely recommend Asa!

Sent on 06/23/2020

Ava · Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible Photos and Experience!

Asa is simply the best! From start to finish he's incredibly knowledgeable, creative, and easy to to work with. Asa has an amazing eye for beautiful photographs and you don't even realize he's there! Our engagement and wedding photos captured us perfectly and it felt so natural to be in front of Asa's camera. He had great suggestions for shots and helped us turn our vision into reality. We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Jamie C. · Married on 09/22/2019

Amazing Photographer!

We are so glad that we went with Asa for our wedding photographer! We chose him because we really like his candid shots and talking to him was very easy - he has a very relaxed personality, which definitely helped us relax more in our posed shots. We spoke with Asa beforehand and he really listened to the things that were important to us and took the brief to heart. So when we said we loved the architecture of the venue he really worked to involve that in our couple and wedding party shots. And when we said candids of our guests were more important to us - he absolutely delivered! We are also so glad we went for the package with the second photographer as it meant extra coverage of the event and the guests and the two photography styles were very similar. Asa then took the time to format his select shots (which really are some of our favorites!) and has been very open and helpful after the event in formatting any other shots we want blown up to print for the album. Altogether it was a wonderful experience working with him and we couldn't be more pleased with the photos!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle M. · Married on 08/08/2019

All smiles!

Asa was so great to work with and I am so excited to see the final photos! Asa responded right away to my inquiry and continued to be responsive throughout the planning process. He was professional, gave great guidance and did what was needed to get shots throughout the ceremony and reception. For me it was important to get a photographer who would be able to capture authentic moments and the vibe of the event which is a large part of why I chose Asa, and he did not disappoint. He is knowledgeable of his craft and a calming, happy presence. It was a joy to work with him!

Sent on 08/31/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you Danielle! I had so much fun photographing your wedding in Old Town. I especially loved all the kind words your friends and families had for you at the reception. It was touching. I wish you all the best!

Jane B. · Married on 06/29/2019

Great photographer

I was so impressed with Asa and his partner. They showed up on time and took hundreds of photos. My guests laughed and said they hoped I wasn't paying him by the shot. He took so many. He knew exactly what my daughter wanted and got the shots without being in the way!

Sent on 07/12/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you Jane! I really appreciate the kind words. I always enjoy being a fly on the wall capturing candid shots, it's one of my favorite parts.
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing photos!

Asa was amazing to work with; he was professional yet warm. Our entire bridal party enjoyed our time with him. He took over 7,000 photos and still got them back to us in record time. We cannot recommend him enough. What a pleasure to work with and what amazing photos. Thank you, Asa!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jenny.! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding. I know it was a little unexpected that the construction was still going on outside and the fountain was closed, but I think we more than made up for it with shots at other beautiful locations around the venue.
  • Nicholas

Nicholas R. · Married on 06/01/2019

Use Asa for your wedding and/or other professional photos, you won't regret!!

Asa did a phenomenal job capturing the essence and beauty of our wedding day! His praise was reasonable, he was extremely professional, responsive, and competent. We didn't doubt for a second what we were getting from Asa. He also has strong work ethic and an eye for capturing the right moment(s). Asa was always very flexible with our wants/needs. Use him for your wedding and other professional events, I promise you, you will not regret it. Highly recommend Asa to others and we would love to have him capture more of our memories down the road.

Sent on 07/28/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nick! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding, and what a venue! It was spectacular, and layered with history. Thank you so much for choosing me to be your photographer.
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic photos and very professional

Asa was very easy to work with and made us comfortable taking pictures. The photos came out great and just as I had hoped, he captured little moments between people that really represent that day for me. Very professional and responsive.

Sent on 05/28/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you Summer. It was my pleasure! I always love shooting in Old Town and being a part of weddings with so many happy people. Thank you for choosing me to be your photographer.
  • Breanna

Breanna M. · Married on 04/25/2019

DC/Alexandria Destination Wedding

Oh my goodness! I cannot say enough great things about Asa and By Asa Photography. We are from Minnesota and planned a destination wedding in D.C. at the D.C. War Memorial and our dinner reception in Old Town Alexandria. Asa helped us prepare for what we could expect when we arrived. Not knowing the area was nerve wracking but knowing Asa's experience and high recommendation put our minds at ease. On the day of the wedding he came to our hotel and captured all the small moments of getting ready! Little moments I did not even know he was capturing that when we received our photos later it was so special to see :) I am truly thankful for this. When we arrived at the wedding site, he helped coordinate our group pictures easily and served as a guide to the area for us out of towners! After the ceremony he took my new hubby and I around the National Mall and took some of the most beautiful photos I could have ever imagined. We got to do some mini sight seeing as a new couple and this was a very special time for us. Asa was professional and so friendly and kind throughout the process, it was like having another family member with you we felt so comfortable with him! Our nearly two year old daughter was difficult to capture and he did whatever ideas we could all come up with to capture the three of us together, and I thought it was a lost cause but when we received the photos of us they were perfect! The timely photos we received were amazing I was just so happy with them! Having Asa capture our special day was one of the best decisions we made when planning our destination wedding! Thank you so very much! :)

Sent on 07/01/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

It was my pleasure, Breanna. Thank you for choosing me to capture your special day in DC! It was so much fun to travel with you and your family around the Mall and across the Potomac on the ferry. If you're ever back in DC and need anything else, please don't hesitate to call.

Dan · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing photographer!!!

We are over the moon that we had Asa capture our wedding, as he exceeded our already high expectations! He truly was a "ninja" capturing shots from cool angles and made sure to ask we got all the shots we wanted at each stage of the day. He was extremely easy to work with and professional, and his co-photographer colleague was also fantastic! We got our photos back afterwards in record time and are currently enjoying remembering the special day that whizzed by. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfectly captured our day

We loved working with Asa! He was very responsive and flexible about meeting with us and provided us with all the information we needed. Throughout the whole planning process he was very helpful and professional. We have a big family so doing all the family portraits on wedding day can be quite stressful, but he was amazingly calm and patient with everyone. Several of our family members and friends even commented on it to me. We could not be happier with the final product! Our photos are beautiful and full of emotion and excitement. He perfectly captured our memories from our wedding day.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Britney · Married on 09/16/2018

Asa is an incredible photographer! We are delighted to have worked with him on several occasions with our wedding day being the most special. Asa is always responsive, courteous and professional. His work is amazing! He truly captures the beauty of each moment in the most unique way. The photos he has taken for us so far are beautiful and we cannot wait to see our wedding photos.

I highly recommend Asa for any photography needs. He is amazing to work with!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Erin · Married on 06/08/2018

Fantastic weddding photographer. We had seen his work before and chose him based on a friend’s recommendation. Very friendly and took tons of pictures and they all turned out great. He went out of his way to accommodate the reception guests. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Alie · Married on 04/04/2018

Photography is one of the biggest rocks for us. Our wedding day also took place in different atmospheres and through varied types of background. We spent tons of time interviewing and researching photographers. Asa came above all the photographers that we talked to. He is talented and experienced and his price is amazingly reasonable.

On the day of, he and his teammate managed to capture all the candid moments without being in the way. He was very pleasant and professional, which definitely helped with managing our overly eager family members.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Demetria · Married on 10/27/2017

My wife and I got married in October 2017, so this review comes late but he deserves every bit of praise we can give him. Asa was, at first meet, incredibly professional, kind, and accommodating. We knew we wanted to hire him once we took a look at his portfolios, which illustrated exactly how talented he is. I'll also note that as a same-sex couple, it's really comforting to talk to a vendor and know that we're immediately accepted and treated like any other couple. After we officially hired him, Asa continued to be just as kind and accommodating throughout the year leading up to the wedding day, and made sure to prompt us with things that needed doing (payment, list of groupings, etc.), because we obviously had a lot going on and would have forgotten.

On the day of the wedding, EVERYONE loved him. 8 months later, people STILL talk to us about our "awesome ninja photographer." Asa got over 2,000 shots (way more than he initially quoted us at) - and he did so while hardly being seen. He got through the posed pictures in great timing, and then when it was time for portraits of my wife and me, he literally ran around, in his suit, with all of his camera gear, through fields of brush, to get the absolute perfect shots. And now that we have the pictures, I can confirm that it was well worth it, because they are stunning.

He made himself available to us throughout the day and evening, and we could not possibly be more thrilled with our decision to go with Asa. A couple weeks after the wedding, Asa gave us a sneak preview of some of his favorite shots, and they were breathtaking. A few weeks after that, he sent us a flash drive with well over 2,000 photos - and he edited more than he said he would, which was lovely. If you want your wedding captured in the best way possible, I urge you to go with Asa. We'll certainly be coming back to him in the future, and will refer everyone we know to him.

Sent on 07/04/2018
  • O

Ona · Married on 10/14/2017

Asa was fantastic! He is such a pleasure to be around and such a calming presence on your wedding day. He worked with us and was really flexible to make sure we liked the style in which he lighted and edited our photos. Our wedding guests loved how dedicated he was to getting the perfect shot-- he scrambled through the forest at our outdoor wedding just to make sure he wasn't in the video as my mom and I walked down the aisle. Asa's prices are also really reasonable-- we saved money but didn't feel like we compromised on quality. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/19/2017