By Asa Photography Reviews

By Asa Photography 7
  • Danielle

Danielle Morin · Married on 08/08/2019

All smiles!

Asa was so great to work with and I am so excited to see the final photos! Asa responded right away to my inquiry and continued to be responsive throughout the planning process. He was professional, gave great guidance and did what was needed to get shots throughout the ceremony and reception. For me it was important to get a photographer who would be able to capture authentic moments and the vibe of the event which is a large part of why I chose Asa, and he did not disappoint. He is knowledgeable of his craft and a calming, happy presence. It was a joy to work with him!

Sent on 08/31/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you Danielle! I had so much fun photographing your wedding in Old Town. I especially loved all the kind words your friends and families had for you at the reception. It was touching. I wish you all the best!

Jane S Bruckner · Married on 06/29/2019

Great photographer

I was so impressed with Asa and his partner. They showed up on time and took hundreds of photos. My guests laughed and said they hoped I wasn't paying him by the shot. He took so many. He knew exactly what my daughter wanted and got the shots without being in the way!

Sent on 07/12/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you Jane! I really appreciate the kind words. I always enjoy being a fly on the wall capturing candid shots, it's one of my favorite parts.
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing photos!

Asa was amazing to work with; he was professional yet warm. Our entire bridal party enjoyed our time with him. He took over 7,000 photos and still got them back to us in record time. We cannot recommend him enough. What a pleasure to work with and what amazing photos. Thank you, Asa!!

Sent on 08/12/2019
    By Asa Photography 8
    By Asa Photography 9

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jenny.! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding. I know it was a little unexpected that the construction was still going on outside and the fountain was closed, but I think we more than made up for it with shots at other beautiful locations around the venue.
  • Nicholas

Nicholas Rampey · Married on 06/01/2019

Use Asa for your wedding and/or other professional photos, you won't regret!!

Asa did a phenomenal job capturing the essence and beauty of our wedding day! His praise was reasonable, he was extremely professional, responsive, and competent. We didn't doubt for a second what we were getting from Asa. He also has strong work ethic and an eye for capturing the right moment(s). Asa was always very flexible with our wants/needs. Use him for your wedding and other professional events, I promise you, you will not regret it. Highly recommend Asa to others and we would love to have him capture more of our memories down the road.

Sent on 07/28/2019

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nick! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding, and what a venue! It was spectacular, and layered with history. Thank you so much for choosing me to be your photographer.
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic photos and very professional

Asa was very easy to work with and made us comfortable taking pictures. The photos came out great and just as I had hoped, he captured little moments between people that really represent that day for me. Very professional and responsive.

Sent on 05/28/2019
    By Asa Photography 10
    By Asa Photography 11
    By Asa Photography 12

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you Summer. It was my pleasure! I always love shooting in Old Town and being a part of weddings with so many happy people. Thank you for choosing me to be your photographer.
  • Breanna

BreAnna Marie · Married on 04/25/2019

DC/Alexandria Destination Wedding

Oh my goodness! I cannot say enough great things about Asa and By Asa Photography. We are from Minnesota and planned a destination wedding in D.C. at the D.C. War Memorial and our dinner reception in Old Town Alexandria. Asa helped us prepare for what we could expect when we arrived. Not knowing the area was nerve wracking but knowing Asa's experience and high recommendation put our minds at ease. On the day of the wedding he came to our hotel and captured all the small moments of getting ready! Little moments I did not even know he was capturing that when we received our photos later it was so special to see :) I am truly thankful for this. When we arrived at the wedding site, he helped coordinate our group pictures easily and served as a guide to the area for us out of towners! After the ceremony he took my new hubby and I around the National Mall and took some of the most beautiful photos I could have ever imagined. We got to do some mini sight seeing as a new couple and this was a very special time for us. Asa was professional and so friendly and kind throughout the process, it was like having another family member with you we felt so comfortable with him! Our nearly two year old daughter was difficult to capture and he did whatever ideas we could all come up with to capture the three of us together, and I thought it was a lost cause but when we received the photos of us they were perfect! The timely photos we received were amazing I was just so happy with them! Having Asa capture our special day was one of the best decisions we made when planning our destination wedding! Thank you so very much! :)

Sent on 07/01/2019
    By Asa Photography 13
    By Asa Photography 14
    By Asa Photography 15
    By Asa Photography 16

By Asa Photography's reply:

It was my pleasure, Breanna. Thank you for choosing me to capture your special day in DC! It was so much fun to travel with you and your family around the Mall and across the Potomac on the ferry. If you're ever back in DC and need anything else, please don't hesitate to call.

Dan B · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing photographer!!!

We are over the moon that we had Asa capture our wedding, as he exceeded our already high expectations! He truly was a "ninja" capturing shots from cool angles and made sure to ask we got all the shots we wanted at each stage of the day. He was extremely easy to work with and professional, and his co-photographer colleague was also fantastic! We got our photos back afterwards in record time and are currently enjoying remembering the special day that whizzed by. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfectly captured our day

We loved working with Asa! He was very responsive and flexible about meeting with us and provided us with all the information we needed. Throughout the whole planning process he was very helpful and professional. We have a big family so doing all the family portraits on wedding day can be quite stressful, but he was amazingly calm and patient with everyone. Several of our family members and friends even commented on it to me. We could not be happier with the final product! Our photos are beautiful and full of emotion and excitement. He perfectly captured our memories from our wedding day.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Britney · Married on 09/16/2018

Asa is an incredible photographer! We are delighted to have worked with him on several occasions with our wedding day being the most special. Asa is always responsive, courteous and professional. His work is amazing! He truly captures the beauty of each moment in the most unique way. The photos he has taken for us so far are beautiful and we cannot wait to see our wedding photos.

I highly recommend Asa for any photography needs. He is amazing to work with!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Erin · Married on 06/08/2018

Fantastic weddding photographer. We had seen his work before and chose him based on a friend’s recommendation. Very friendly and took tons of pictures and they all turned out great. He went out of his way to accommodate the reception guests. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Alie · Married on 04/04/2018

Photography is one of the biggest rocks for us. Our wedding day also took place in different atmospheres and through varied types of background. We spent tons of time interviewing and researching photographers. Asa came above all the photographers that we talked to. He is talented and experienced and his price is amazingly reasonable.

On the day of, he and his teammate managed to capture all the candid moments without being in the way. He was very pleasant and professional, which definitely helped with managing our overly eager family members.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Demetria · Married on 10/27/2017

My wife and I got married in October 2017, so this review comes late but he deserves every bit of praise we can give him. Asa was, at first meet, incredibly professional, kind, and accommodating. We knew we wanted to hire him once we took a look at his portfolios, which illustrated exactly how talented he is. I'll also note that as a same-sex couple, it's really comforting to talk to a vendor and know that we're immediately accepted and treated like any other couple. After we officially hired him, Asa continued to be just as kind and accommodating throughout the year leading up to the wedding day, and made sure to prompt us with things that needed doing (payment, list of groupings, etc.), because we obviously had a lot going on and would have forgotten.

On the day of the wedding, EVERYONE loved him. 8 months later, people STILL talk to us about our "awesome ninja photographer." Asa got over 2,000 shots (way more than he initially quoted us at) - and he did so while hardly being seen. He got through the posed pictures in great timing, and then when it was time for portraits of my wife and me, he literally ran around, in his suit, with all of his camera gear, through fields of brush, to get the absolute perfect shots. And now that we have the pictures, I can confirm that it was well worth it, because they are stunning.

He made himself available to us throughout the day and evening, and we could not possibly be more thrilled with our decision to go with Asa. A couple weeks after the wedding, Asa gave us a sneak preview of some of his favorite shots, and they were breathtaking. A few weeks after that, he sent us a flash drive with well over 2,000 photos - and he edited more than he said he would, which was lovely. If you want your wedding captured in the best way possible, I urge you to go with Asa. We'll certainly be coming back to him in the future, and will refer everyone we know to him.

Sent on 07/04/2018
    By Asa Photography 17
    By Asa Photography 18
  • O

Ona · Married on 10/14/2017

Asa was fantastic! He is such a pleasure to be around and such a calming presence on your wedding day. He worked with us and was really flexible to make sure we liked the style in which he lighted and edited our photos. Our wedding guests loved how dedicated he was to getting the perfect shot-- he scrambled through the forest at our outdoor wedding just to make sure he wasn't in the video as my mom and I walked down the aisle. Asa's prices are also really reasonable-- we saved money but didn't feel like we compromised on quality. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/19/2017
    By Asa Photography 23
    By Asa Photography 24
    By Asa Photography 25

Amelia · Married on 09/23/2017

Having Asa as our wedding photographer was the best choice we made! He was very responsive with emails and accommodating with any questions we had. We did not do an engagement session as we lived out of state, but it felt like we had known him forever when the wedding day came. He made everything very easy and smooth and the end results have been amazing! Asa is very dedicated to getting a great shot and will use whatever tools needed to make it perfect. We have gotten so many compliments on the incredible photos! Definitely would recommend Asa to anyone in the area!

Sent on 11/05/2017
  • Abie

Abie · Married on 09/16/2017

We loved working with Asa! We knew we wanted to work with him on our first meeting - he is easygoing, flexible, and a great communicator. He was extremely unobtrusive - we didn't even notice him during the ceremony yet he was able to take close-up and intimate photos. Asa was also great managing and directing large groups for the family photos. He took a perfect combination of candid photos and portrait shots. We love all the photos and are still having hard time choosing which ones to print. We absolutely recommend him and will definitely work with him again in the future!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Mariko · Married on 09/03/2017

Asa was an incredible photographer for our wedding -- professional, friendly, reassuring, creative, and unobtrusive. He was communicative and accommodating from the outset; we very quickly made the decision to choose him as our photographer. At the wedding, he seemed to be everywhere without being at all in the way; he got a ton of great shots, from candid to posed. He had suggestions for what would look good but was never pushy or demanding, and he even got some great pictures of us and our dog! Thank you, Asa! We are thrilled to have such beautiful memories of our day.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Lara · Married on 08/05/2017

Asa did such a phenomenal job with both our engagement and wedding photos! The pictures really speak for themselves, but he was truly a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Throughout the planning process and during the wedding itself, I was able to rely on his expertise and thoughtful advice. He always knew exactly when to take initiative/creative license and when to defer to my personal preferences. Amazingly, he was able to capture all of our guests at their best, as well as key snapshots of our family and wedding party. He was giving beyond 100% all night long, I was so impressed. We have so many amazing shots from the whole event that I have been spending weeks deciding which ones to select as our favorites for printing and framing, there are just so many that we love. Our friends and family also adore the photos - since posting them to our social media, I've had so many of our guests tell me that the pictures have captured the atmosphere of the event perfectly! The turnaround time on all pictures (both wedding and engagement) was excellent as well. I just cannot say enough good things. If you choose Asa for your wedding, or for any occasion really, you are in great hands. Thank you Asa, for capturing the memory of our big day in such a wonderful way! We will be enjoying these pictures for years to come.

- The Riddells

Sent on 09/19/2017

Gillian · Married on 07/30/2017

Asa was an absolute joy to work with for our wedding! We had a lot of budget and logistical constraints, but he was able to work around these difficulties and craft a cost-effective solution resulting in myriad beautiful photos from our wedding. Moreover, he had processed our photos before we even returned from our honeymoon, and they were absolutely gorgeous! He was speedy without sacrificing quality in the least. He went above and beyond what we had initially agreed upon, advanced processing 56 photos instead of 20, and the flash drive with the photos came in a beautifully wrapped gift box, which was a nice touch. He clearly loves what he does, as evidenced by the care, quality, and efficacy of his work and his calm but contagious joy on the wedding day itself! Highly recommended!
    -- Gillian & Sasha

Sent on 07/03/2018
  • Justyne

Justyne · Married on 07/01/2017

Perfect photos!!

Asa went above and beyond anything we had hoped for in our photographer! He met with us to review his process, and to hear about what we wanted for our wedding day. The actual event was painfully hot and humid, but Asa was gracious, professional and took a ton of amazing photos in such uncomfortable conditions! (and with a smile on his face!) My spouse and I are so camera shy, and we had no idea what the heck we were doing. Asa was patient, energetic, and creative. I am so beyond pleased with our final product. Asa truly captured what our wedding meant to us. I would hire him 100 times over, and will continue to use him for our big family moments!!

Sent on 01/11/2019
    By Asa Photography 30
    By Asa Photography 31
    By Asa Photography 32

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

My fiancé and I have hired Asa for our upcoming wedding and have more recently done our engagement session with him. Not only is he professional, but very personably, his work is fantastic. The lighting in the pictures turned out beautifully and he really captured our love and happiness. This was exactly why we hired him in the first place. The turn around to receive the images was great and I know I have nothing to worry about when it comes to working with Asa for the wedding or after. I would definitely recommend his services for any occasion you may have! For the high quality of service he provides, he is a steal!

Sent on 10/19/2016

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to work together.

Michael · Married on 06/11/2017

Asa was a truly wonderful find and such a pleasure to work with. Not only does he pay careful attention to lighting and setting, but he also has an amazing knack for establishing naturally posed shots and giving good instruction. My wife and I were also so impressed at his ability to capture beautiful candid shots and his flexibility in honoring photo requests from friends and family. It will truly be difficult to pick the 'best' shots for our album and prints.

Asa's preparation was also truly top notch: In advance of our wedding, he sent us a checklist of photo requests, and visited the venue itself to conduct research and get ideas. He fit all of our shot requests into the time we had (including one for a field of cows), was able to corral family members by name, and brought an arsenal of lighting and camera equipment to handle changing conditions throughout the day.

Lastly, his promptness merits mention. Whenever we had a question or needed to get in touch, he'd usually respond within a day. He posted a preview of pictures to his Facebook page within two weeks of our wedding, and sent us a nicely wrapped package with a card and our photo flash drive just a little over a month after the wedding. We couldn't be happier with the final product, and Asa's affable nature made the planning and process all that much easier. Grab his services if you can!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Emma · Married on 06/10/2017

I was SO happy with By Asa Photography! The photos I have seen are absolutely beautiful! He perfectly captured my special day and I would highly recommend him to other brides!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Kathleen · Married on 05/27/2017

We are an older, "second time around" couple who were looking to have a fun celebration without drama. Asa was a great match for us - he is calm, flexible, professional and easy to be around. Due to potential rain, we changed the venue of the ceremony, and the outside pictures a couple times. He just rolled with it! His photos were traditional, plus he caught a lot of great candids that we love. We are thankful to have the many pictures he took!!

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/06/2016

Asa did a great job at our wedding. We just received the pictures and we are extremely happy. The photos look amazing! There are many reasons that I would highly recommend him. I don't have any kind of artistic background, but you can tell he has a lot of skill just looking at his photographs. We did an engagement session with him and I was worried that if we did not like the photos, we would be stuck for the wedding, but this was definitely not something I needed to worry about. The engagement pictures looked great and he did an equally good job at the wedding.

He is very approachable and has a great attitude. Unlike some other photographers we met with, he was very upfront about what his different packages included and was willing to mix and match items of a similar value. He captured all of our special moments and roamed around completely unnoticed. I don't even remember seeing him get into different positions, but he got a lot of shots. I was a little worried that his remote flash bulbs would be like a paparazzi camera, but it was very unobtrusive while still giving a great effect. I also really liked that he provides the photos ready to use on a thumb drive.

Asa was not the cheapest photographer we looked at, but I think he provided a very high quality for a still-reasonable price. I am very type-A, but I really appreciated that Asa came ready to do a great job and was competent enough that I did not worry at all about what he was doing.

Sent on 12/03/2016

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Rebecca. It was a pleasure to help capture your wedding day and take engagement pictures for the two of you.

Samantha · Married on 10/29/2016

It was an absolute joy to have Asa capture our wedding day. Throughout the whole planning process he was very communicative and promptly responded to questions. Asa was also very flexible with us- we had a large time gap between our ceremony and reception, and unlike many of the other photographers, he was willing to work with our time frames throughout the day. Asa has a calm and peaceful presence, and we were very grateful for his patience with us throughout our planning and on our wedding day. Finally, the photos are absolutely stunning! He captured so many special moments and emotion that occurred throughout our wedding day. He was also very generous in how many photos he edited. We are very thankful that we were able to have him as our photographer. My husband and I both highly recommend choosing Asa as your photographer!

Sent on 11/21/2016

By Asa Photography's reply:

Thank you Samantha. It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day. I wish you all the best, and hope you treasure the photos for many years to come!