Butternut Farm Golf Club Reviews

Butternut Farm Golf Club 5
Butternut Farm Golf Club 6
Butternut Farm Golf Club 7

Courtney · Married on 08/12/2018

Hope and Erin are a wonderful team and made it so easy to plan our wedding. Hope gives you a wonderful introduction to Butternut Farms which is truly a beautiful site! We loved that our guests could watch our bridal photos being taken as they had hors’ deurves in the octagon room. We especially loved that the place had lots of natural light! So many venues seemed to lack that when we were looking around. After touring with Hope once, we knew this was the place for our reception. Our event would be the only one of the day (so important to us!) and the venue itself is nestled in the woods with a beautiful pond and just felt so peaceful! The day of our wedding, Erin helped us so much in organizing our large wedding party of 18. And she did so much behind the scenes to work with our photographer, DJ, and several friends who helped organize our decor and flowers. She provided us with a helpful timeline and really helped us get through tricky tasks like seating arrangements. They are truly a wonderful team that I would recommend to all!

Butternut Farm Golf Club 12
    Butternut Farm Golf Club 13
    Butternut Farm Golf Club 14
    Butternut Farm Golf Club 15

Emily · Married on 06/29/2018

Butternut Farm Golf Club made our day absolutely INCREDIBLE (and stress free!) We had a beautiful sun filled ceremony on the first hole at the end of June and then a blast of a reception indoors directly after. We never left the dance-floor! It was truly more than we could have asked for. Erin and Hope at Butternut are unbelievably organized and have everything down to a science so we could relax and go with the flow from booking to planning to the actual day itself. Erin is the most hardworking person in the wedding industry I've ever witnessed in my life; and the sweetest! She knows this business inside and out. Her attention to detail and the timing of each item she schedules for you is nothing like I've seen before. If you're looking to dodge the stress of renting tables, chairs, tents, caterers, and all things that cause the stress of planning a wedding (that we personally did NOT want to deal with) then Butternut is the place for your big day! We just had to choose a photographer, a florist, a bakery for our cake, and a DJ, the rest was all Butternut. Their food and drinks were delicious, from cocktail hour to dinner everyone was satisfied and full. The staff was SO nice and had impeccable presence every step of the way as well. For such an important milestone, Butternut's venue and staff blew us away on our big day, one we will never forget.

Emily · Married on 06/29/2018

Kerry · Married on 06/23/2018

The perfect venue! We had such a positive experience from start to finish with each member of the Butternut Farm staff. From our initial visit we were so impressed with the beautiful grounds and views as well as the professionalism and warmth of the staff. Hope was so wonderful to work with on the business and planning end, and made planning a wedding from out of state a "piece of cake." We definitely felt like everyone was willing to do whatever they could to make our special day everything we imagined. The actual day of the wedding, Erin, the wedding coordinator, was just a wave away for whatever we or our families needed. Our friends and family loved the food and commented on how attentive the servers were. Overall we felt like this venue had awesome value and would definitely recommend it to any couple.

Jackie · Married on 05/25/2018

From the moment we first viewed Butternut, we knew it was the place we wanted to get married at. The venue is gorgeous, food was delicious and the staff was awesome!

Erin was so attentive and always 5 steps ahead of everyone else, making sure we all knew exactly what to do and when. I cannot thank her enough!

Thanks to Erin and Hope, the process was super easy start to finish. Thank you both for making our dream wedding a reality!

ASHLEY · Married on 05/12/2018

We got married in May at Butternut Farm and everything from start to finish was just fantastic. The whole planning process was great and stress free Hope and Erin were so on top of it, it made me so much more relaxed knowing that everything regarding the venue and coordination with vendors was taken care of. We had our ceremony offsite so when our guests arrived earlier than the cocktail our they were taken to the bar area where they could get some drinks. Erin was waiting for us and kept track of the time so we would stay on our very detailed timeline. Everything went great, everyone loved the food and drinks it was fantastic. Everyone raved about how beautiful the venue was and well taken care of. We are so glad we found Butternut farm and so greatful to Erin and Hope for putting together the perfect day, we did not want it to end! I would definitely recommend this venue to everyone. Also our pictures came out fantastic and it was raining that day

Butternut Farm Golf Club 16
    Butternut Farm Golf Club 17
    Butternut Farm Golf Club 18

Natalie · Married on 04/28/2018

Dear Hope and Erin,

Thank you so much for being a part of our special day. It was truly the best day of our lives and we loved every minute of it! Thank you for continually working with us and helping us create personalized touches, an amazing day, and truly unforgettable memories. I couldn’t have imagined a better place to have our wedding. You both went above and beyond to make everything seamlessly come together.

For people who are looking for an amazing wedding venue I would stop searching and talk with Hope right now. Out of all of the wedding venues I looked at this one was by far the best with price and quality. Their over 100 glowing recommendations speak for themselves. This family run business does everything they can to make your dream wedding come true. From the first time you meet them until long after your wedding day you can tell they are truly amazing hardworking genuine people who have a passion for making your special day everything you want and more. In addition to the staff, they also offer an amazing wedding and reception venue. Out of the top six venues that I visited Butternut had the most to offer with their space. Butternut Farm has so many areas for people to enjoy eachothers company and still be involved with the festivities. You really need to see this venue in person to understand how much it can add to helping you create the perfect wedding. Besides the staff and physically venue being extraordinary, the food was incredible!!! We had the stuffed chicken and roasted sirloin as our two entrees and everyone loved these choices. I have never been so happy with wedding food!

Lastly, all of our family and friends are still telling us how they have never been to a better wedding than ours. We seriously cannot thank you both enough for giving us this day and memories with our loved ones.

Thank you again!

-Natalie & Corey

Erika · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I are so happy we had our reception at Butternut Farm golf club!! Hope & Erin were so kind, thorough, thoughtful and helpful during our several meetings and the countless emails we sent to them. Our reception was gorgeous in the heritage room! We were able to have a jazz band for our cocktail hour which our guests loved, a photo booth tucked behind the fireplace which added so much fun for us and our guests and ample space after dinner in the octagonal room for the platters of Greek desserts as well as three flavors of delicious cake we had. Erin made sure that everything went off without a hitch, kept everything organized and on time and made sure my husband and I wanted for nothing all evening. We are so thankful and appreciative for our wedding experience at Butternut and we have gorgeous photos we took on the grounds that we will treasure forever to remind us of the wonderful start of our life together.

Shauna · Married on 11/04/2017

Everything was fantastic. Just perfection! From the venue, the food, and staff-- we couldn't have asked for a better day!

Erin and Hope were attentive and professional and helped both my husband and I through the whole process!

Christina · Married on 10/28/2017

We were so happy choosing Butternut farm for our Oct 28th wedding reception. Butternut farm was everything we could have imagined and more! From the start of planning, Erin and Hope were responsive, detail-oriented, and thoughtful. We had a perfect fall wedding with beautiful grounds and porches decorated with seasonal flowers and arrangements. The reception hall was gorgeous with the fireplace going throughout the evening. We have continuously heard from family and friends how impressed they were with the food and service. We cannot thank Butternut enough for being the absolute best wedding venue!

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2017

I can't imagine having picked any other venue for our wedding, and I can't say enough good things about working with Butternut Farm from start to finish. Both Hope and Erin treat you like a part of their family, and are so patient with what will surely be dozens of questions during the planning process. Butternut Farm Golf Club is a beautiful venue with a gorgeous landscape, and the food was delicious, but the absolute best feature is the incredible professionalism, friendliness, and above-and-beyond helpfulness of their entire staff. My husband and I were so happy with every aspect of our wedding, and our friends and family haven't stopped raving about it since September!

LSO · Married on 09/16/2017

From the day we first toured Butternut to our wedding day, Hope and Erin were fantastic. They were extremely responsive, professional, detail-oriented, and above all, passionate about what they do. They made us feel like we were their only clients. Our wedding day was the best day of our lives thanks in part to Hope and Erin’s dedication and diligence. The day and evening could not have been more magical. Hope and Erin are also very easy to work with and have a wealth of knowledge on wedding planning and logistics, which is such a wonderful resource to have. We can’t thank Hope and Erin enough for their time, attention, and dedication to our special day.

Laura · Married on 09/09/2017

I don't even know where to begin! EVERYTHING about our 09/09/17 wedding at Butternut was absolutely amazing! Right from the first time we met with Hope, Rob and I knew we had to book our wedding here. Hope was so inviting and so friendly, she put all of our worries about planning a wedding at ease! She was incredibly responsive to any questions we had and always got back to us within minutes of sending emails. Once we booked our wedding and started the actual planning process, we started working with Erin who is equally amazing. She was also incredibly responsive to emails and put our minds at ease with any questions we had. This woman knows what she is doing!

The venue is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained. The food is incredible - we had filet mignon and stuffed chicken for our meals at the wedding and both were so delicious. The filet was cooked perfectly which can be hard to do with a large crowd. So many guests came up and told me how delicious the hors d'oeuvres and all of the main meals were. The staff was super friendly. The bartenders were great. Erin kept everything on schedule the night of the wedding and was there for our every need.

I can't recommend Butternut enough! There is no way I could have gotten married anywhere else!

• KimintheNorth

Kim · Married on 09/03/2017

Definitely reach out to Butternut for consideration for your wedding or event! Hope and Erin were absolutely fantastic. I have a bunch of food allergies and they handled them extremely well. The kitchen even made special 'adapted' appetizers that Erin herself brought to me while we were taking our pictures. Everything went so smoothly from the start of planning all the way to the end of the reception, even with us deciding to move the ceremony under the patio due to the remnants of Harvey coming through. Everything was beautiful and we couldn't have been happier with how everything was arranged. Thank you Hope and Erin!

Courtney · Married on 08/26/2017

So beautiful!!! What a great golf course! Hope and Erin were amazing and answered all of my silly questions!! They were always available and helped to make the wedding reception a dream come true! The food was out of this world and the staff so good! Everyone is still commenting about the food!! It's an amazing spot for pictures and the covered bridge was one of my favorite spots!

Samantha · Married on 08/05/2017

I can't put into words how AMAZING this venue is!!! From the start to the finish, this amazing staff was hands down the best to work with! Erin and Hope are the kindest, most caring, most organized wedding planners you could ever ask for! They are prompt in responding to emails, flexible, cooperative, understanding, fun and all around excellent!! The place is gorgeous, food is tremendous! I can't rave about this place enough!! It was the best night of our lives! Everything ran smooth, we can't thank you and your team enough for a job well done!! What an amazing night we had at Butternut Farms!! It is truly spectacular! My dreams came true, and we owe you the biggest thank you ever!

Angela · Married on 07/29/2017

I am speechless when thinking about how amazing the wedding night was at Butternut! From the beginning of all the planning Hope and Erin made the experience easy and enjoyable. I fell in love with the family business and the character of the venue. Leading up to the day, Erin and Hope were very responsive to all our questions. I loved that the morning of setting up, Erin was there to help out and give suggestions and also peace of mind that the day would go smoothly. And boy did it go smoothly. Erin checked on my in the bridal sweet and even arranged for me to see the beautiful room before all the guests. After the ceremony Erin and her wait staff treated us like royalty, from holding my bouquet to delivering drinks they went above and beyond. All the guests commented on how great the service was and how delicious the apps and entrees were! The entire night was amazing and would not have been possible if it was not for the people at Butternut Farm! Thank you so much!

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2017

Butternut Farms Golf Club is by far the best place to get married. From start to finish Hope and Erin made everything so easy and handled everything for me. Hope was great in getting us started with pricing and viewing the ceremony/reception space, she answered all our questions within 24 hours or less. She is amazing. Once, we switched from Hope to Erin for the wedding coordination everything was just as amazing. Erin took care of all our requests, helped us set up the ceremony/reception space and made sure everything went perfectly. I'll never forget after our first dance I mentioned that my feet were killing me and I needed to get out of my 4 in heels. Once I sat down Erin came over took off my heels and replaced them with my sandals. To me that is going above and beyond. Everyone is still raving about our wedding, the venue, and how amazing the staff and food was. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you all so much for making my wedding day even more special.

Stephanie · Married on 11/19/2016

I am so happy and grateful to the staff at Butternut for helping my wedding day run so smoothly! As someone who never put much thought into how many details went into a wedding, I was pretty much clueless at the initial stages of wedding planning. Our first meeting was with Hope, who kindly walked us through the venue. She was very friendly and genuinely excited about our big day! Both the inside cocktail and reception area and outside ceremony grounds were so beautiful and barely needed decorations! Since our wedding date was November 19th, we learned that the venue could be used no matter the weather as they had a ceremony area we could use inside as well. After deciding on Butternut for our venue, we worked with Erin who was the best coordinator we could have asked for! We met with her to go over a wedding detailing sheet and timeline which were so helpful to get me thinking of every detail and setting deadlines for final lists and decisions. The day of the wedding, we were so lucky to have an almost 60 degree day and have the ceremony outdoors! :) I basically just showed up. The staff set up the tables, Erin communicated with the vendors as flowers and cake were delivered and made sure everything was on schedule so I was able to enjoy my day! All of my family and friends loved the venue and the food! We will never forget what magical day it was!

Anna · Married on 11/05/2016

Where do I even begin with describing how much I LOVE Butternut Farm and the amazing Hope, Erin and staff. I am an absolute control freak so the thought of letting someone who I didn't know in charge of the most important day of my life was a bit terrifying, however that changed when I met Hope. She was kind, attentive, so sweet and made me feel so comfortable that this would be the best day ever and they would all take care of it, and she was right. Erin is as detail oriented as I am and I knew that she would not let anything go wrong, and it didn't. My new husband and I, our guests were blown away by the food, the staff and how absolutely gorgeous everything was. I can't recommend this place enough. You won't regret having your best day ever at Butternut!!!

Mike · Married on 11/04/2016

Our wedding at Butternut Farm was truly an amazing and special day. From the moment we met Hope, we knew that this was the place for us. Her passion for helping couples plan their day was obvious and we felt as though we could instantly trust that her only goal was ensuring a successful event and lasting memories.

I'm positive that if you visit Butternut, you'll see the same love and passion that we saw. We would highly recommend this venue and team to anyone looking and feel lucky that we found them for our wedding day.

Catelyn · Married on 10/29/2016

From the first time I saw Butternut I knew that I wanted to get married there and we could not have been happier with our choice! Hope and Erin made planning a wedding so easy. I never felt like I was alone in the process of planning. Our wedding day was perfect! From the time we arrived at the venue Erin was there to handle everything. I have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. The food was not your typical wedding food, it was hot and cooked perfectly. We had the chicken saltimboca and the prime rib and it was amazing! The wait staff was pleasant and attentive. My husband and I could have not asked for a better day! You will not go wrong with choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club as your wedding venue!.

courtney · Married on 10/28/2016

Butternut Farm is simply outstanding at what they do! My husband and I could not have been happier with how our wedding day went, all thanks to the amazing staff at Butternut!
    From our first visit with Hope, we knew this was our venue. Hope was warm, friendly and informative during our tour. She answered all of our questions that day, and all of our emails during the planning process too! Erin was also incredible during the planning, and the day of! From giving us plenty of time to set up our handmade ceremony arbor the day before, to unexpected changes to the ceremony due to weather, to requests during the reception, she was on top of every little thing that was asked of her. She and the day-of staff went absolutely above and beyond my expectations, making sure the chairs under the porch were still dry prior to our rainy ceremony under the octagonal room, to friendly service during all aspects of cocktail hour and dinner. They also took care of every other vendor drop-off/set up that day - I hardly spoke to the cake delivery, florist or DJ because Erin had it all under control! I truly can't say enough about their professionalism and how welcome they made all of our friends and family feel!
    The food and drinks were also amazing!! Our guests loved the fall menu inspired items like pretzels with beer dip, and fall crostinis, and the dessert apple crisp. The filet mignon was also a favorite entree item!
    We loved the fact that there were no hidden fees or surprise charges - linens, table numbers, the champagne toast, cake cutting - all of that was included in the cost we were told about upfront. There's also no "room rental fee" like you find with other venues. We really appreciated the transparency and honesty we found at Butternut Farm. The decor everywhere is beautiful - don't feel like you need to do much of anything to "dress it up".. the grille/bar, octagonal room and dining room are all very well-kept and photograph beautifully!

Bill · Married on 10/22/2016

We could not have asked for a better venue to host our Wedding Day!

There are beautiful locations all over Massachusetts, but the value of what Butternut Farm brings to the table far exceeds anything we found.... and we scouted over 30 locations!

From the moment we sat down with Hope and Erin (event planners), they made us feel so welcome. We even felt that they truly wanted to be part of our special day, which became even more evident when shortly after leaving our initial meeting, we received an email where Hope thanked us for coming and told us how much she would be honored to host our wedding.

Many of the tours we took were informative, but just factual and impersonal, talking about cost options, where you stand, where you eat, and generally what to expect. Hope and Erin took the time to hear about who we were, when we met, what we envisioned for our day... it was so much more meaningful from the very beginning.

Butternut Farm was actually the first place we looked at... every other tour only made it more clear that BF was the only place for us.

We married on a beautiful fall day in October, and everything was as perfect as we could have expected.

I could go on and on about how wonderful the atmosphere, food, service, bartenders, golf course, and everything were... but you have to see for yourself! If you are thinking of getting married here, look no further. I promise you won't regret it!