123 Reviews for Butternut Farm Golf Club

Outside Vendors (1)
Buffet (1)
Limited Bar (1)
123 Butternut Farm Golf Club Reviews

From the moment we first viewed Butternut, we knew it was the place we wanted to get married at. The venue is gorgeous, food was delicious and the staff was awesome!

Erin was so attentive and always 5 steps ahead of everyone else, making sure we all knew exactly what to do and when. I cannot thank her enough!

Thanks to Erin and Hope, the process was super easy start to finish. Thank you both for making our dream wedding a reality!

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are so happy we had our reception at Butternut Farm golf club!! Hope & Erin were so kind, thorough, thoughtful and helpful during our several meetings and the countless emails we sent to them. Our reception was gorgeous in the heritage room! We were able to have a jazz band for our cocktail hour which our guests loved, a photo booth tucked behind the fireplace which added so much fun for us and our guests and ample space after dinner in the octagonal room for the platters of Greek desserts as well as three flavors of delicious cake we had. Erin made sure that everything went off without a hitch, kept everything organized and on time and made sure my husband and I wanted for nothing all evening. We are so thankful and appreciative for our wedding experience at Butternut and we have gorgeous photos we took on the grounds that we will treasure forever to remind us of the wonderful start of our life together.

Profile Picture Erika, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was fantastic. Just perfection! From the venue, the food, and staff-- we couldn't have asked for a better day!

Erin and Hope were attentive and professional and helped both my husband and I through the whole process!

Profile Picture Shauna, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so happy choosing Butternut farm for our Oct 28th wedding reception. Butternut farm was everything we could have imagined and more! From the start of planning, Erin and Hope were responsive, detail-oriented, and thoughtful. We had a perfect fall wedding with beautiful grounds and porches decorated with seasonal flowers and arrangements. The reception hall was gorgeous with the fireplace going throughout the evening. We have continuously heard from family and friends how impressed they were with the food and service. We cannot thank Butternut enough for being the absolute best wedding venue!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I can't imagine having picked any other venue for our wedding, and I can't say enough good things about working with Butternut Farm from start to finish. Both Hope and Erin treat you like a part of their family, and are so patient with what will surely be dozens of questions during the planning process. Butternut Farm Golf Club is a beautiful venue with a gorgeous landscape, and the food was delicious, but the absolute best feature is the incredible professionalism, friendliness, and above-and-beyond helpfulness of their entire staff. My husband and I were so happy with every aspect of our wedding, and our friends and family haven't stopped raving about it since September!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/29/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the day we first toured Butternut to our wedding day, Hope and Erin were fantastic. They were extremely responsive, professional, detail-oriented, and above all, passionate about what they do. They made us feel like we were their only clients. Our wedding day was the best day of our lives thanks in part to Hope and Erin’s dedication and diligence. The day and evening could not have been more magical. Hope and Erin are also very easy to work with and have a wealth of knowledge on wedding planning and logistics, which is such a wonderful resource to have. We can’t thank Hope and Erin enough for their time, attention, and dedication to our special day.

Profile Picture LSO, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to begin! EVERYTHING about our 09/09/17 wedding at Butternut was absolutely amazing! Right from the first time we met with Hope, Rob and I knew we had to book our wedding here. Hope was so inviting and so friendly, she put all of our worries about planning a wedding at ease! She was incredibly responsive to any questions we had and always got back to us within minutes of sending emails. Once we booked our wedding and started the actual planning process, we started working with Erin who is equally amazing. She was also incredibly responsive to emails and put our minds at ease with any questions we had. This woman knows what she is doing!

The venue is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained. The food is incredible - we had filet mignon and stuffed chicken for our meals at the wedding and both were so delicious. The filet was cooked perfectly which can be hard to do with a large crowd. So many guests came up and told me how delicious the hors d'oeuvres and all of the main meals were. The staff was super friendly. The bartenders were great. Erin kept everything on schedule the night of the wedding and was there for our every need.

I can't recommend Butternut enough! There is no way I could have gotten married anywhere else!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Definitely reach out to Butternut for consideration for your wedding or event! Hope and Erin were absolutely fantastic. I have a bunch of food allergies and they handled them extremely well. The kitchen even made special 'adapted' appetizers that Erin herself brought to me while we were taking our pictures. Everything went so smoothly from the start of planning all the way to the end of the reception, even with us deciding to move the ceremony under the patio due to the remnants of Harvey coming through. Everything was beautiful and we couldn't have been happier with how everything was arranged. Thank you Hope and Erin!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/3/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

So beautiful!!! What a great golf course! Hope and Erin were amazing and answered all of my silly questions!! They were always available and helped to make the wedding reception a dream come true! The food was out of this world and the staff so good! Everyone is still commenting about the food!! It's an amazing spot for pictures and the covered bridge was one of my favorite spots!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't put into words how AMAZING this venue is!!! From the start to the finish, this amazing staff was hands down the best to work with! Erin and Hope are the kindest, most caring, most organized wedding planners you could ever ask for! They are prompt in responding to emails, flexible, cooperative, understanding, fun and all around excellent!! The place is gorgeous, food is tremendous! I can't rave about this place enough!! It was the best night of our lives! Everything ran smooth, we can't thank you and your team enough for a job well done!! What an amazing night we had at Butternut Farms!! It is truly spectacular! My dreams came true, and we owe you the biggest thank you ever!

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am speechless when thinking about how amazing the wedding night was at Butternut! From the beginning of all the planning Hope and Erin made the experience easy and enjoyable. I fell in love with the family business and the character of the venue. Leading up to the day, Erin and Hope were very responsive to all our questions. I loved that the morning of setting up, Erin was there to help out and give suggestions and also peace of mind that the day would go smoothly. And boy did it go smoothly. Erin checked on my in the bridal sweet and even arranged for me to see the beautiful room before all the guests. After the ceremony Erin and her wait staff treated us like royalty, from holding my bouquet to delivering drinks they went above and beyond. All the guests commented on how great the service was and how delicious the apps and entrees were! The entire night was amazing and would not have been possible if it was not for the people at Butternut Farm! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Angela, 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Butternut Farms Golf Club is by far the best place to get married. From start to finish Hope and Erin made everything so easy and handled everything for me. Hope was great in getting us started with pricing and viewing the ceremony/reception space, she answered all our questions within 24 hours or less. She is amazing. Once, we switched from Hope to Erin for the wedding coordination everything was just as amazing. Erin took care of all our requests, helped us set up the ceremony/reception space and made sure everything went perfectly. I'll never forget after our first dance I mentioned that my feet were killing me and I needed to get out of my 4 in heels. Once I sat down Erin came over took off my heels and replaced them with my sandals. To me that is going above and beyond. Everyone is still raving about our wedding, the venue, and how amazing the staff and food was. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you all so much for making my wedding day even more special.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so happy and grateful to the staff at Butternut for helping my wedding day run so smoothly! As someone who never put much thought into how many details went into a wedding, I was pretty much clueless at the initial stages of wedding planning. Our first meeting was with Hope, who kindly walked us through the venue. She was very friendly and genuinely excited about our big day! Both the inside cocktail and reception area and outside ceremony grounds were so beautiful and barely needed decorations! Since our wedding date was November 19th, we learned that the venue could be used no matter the weather as they had a ceremony area we could use inside as well. After deciding on Butternut for our venue, we worked with Erin who was the best coordinator we could have asked for! We met with her to go over a wedding detailing sheet and timeline which were so helpful to get me thinking of every detail and setting deadlines for final lists and decisions. The day of the wedding, we were so lucky to have an almost 60 degree day and have the ceremony outdoors! :) I basically just showed up. The staff set up the tables, Erin communicated with the vendors as flowers and cake were delivered and made sure everything was on schedule so I was able to enjoy my day! All of my family and friends loved the venue and the food! We will never forget what magical day it was!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I even begin with describing how much I LOVE Butternut Farm and the amazing Hope, Erin and staff. I am an absolute control freak so the thought of letting someone who I didn't know in charge of the most important day of my life was a bit terrifying, however that changed when I met Hope. She was kind, attentive, so sweet and made me feel so comfortable that this would be the best day ever and they would all take care of it, and she was right. Erin is as detail oriented as I am and I knew that she would not let anything go wrong, and it didn't. My new husband and I, our guests were blown away by the food, the staff and how absolutely gorgeous everything was. I can't recommend this place enough. You won't regret having your best day ever at Butternut!!!

Profile Picture Anna, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Butternut Farm was truly an amazing and special day. From the moment we met Hope, we knew that this was the place for us. Her passion for helping couples plan their day was obvious and we felt as though we could instantly trust that her only goal was ensuring a successful event and lasting memories.

I'm positive that if you visit Butternut, you'll see the same love and passion that we saw. We would highly recommend this venue and team to anyone looking and feel lucky that we found them for our wedding day.

Profile Picture Mike, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

From the first time I saw Butternut I knew that I wanted to get married there and we could not have been happier with our choice! Hope and Erin made planning a wedding so easy. I never felt like I was alone in the process of planning. Our wedding day was perfect! From the time we arrived at the venue Erin was there to handle everything. I have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. The food was not your typical wedding food, it was hot and cooked perfectly. We had the chicken saltimboca and the prime rib and it was amazing! The wait staff was pleasant and attentive. My husband and I could have not asked for a better day! You will not go wrong with choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club as your wedding venue!.

Profile Picture Catelyn, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Butternut Farm is simply outstanding at what they do! My husband and I could not have been happier with how our wedding day went, all thanks to the amazing staff at Butternut!
From our first visit with Hope, we knew this was our venue. Hope was warm, friendly and informative during our tour. She answered all of our questions that day, and all of our emails during the planning process too! Erin was also incredible during the planning, and the day of! From giving us plenty of time to set up our handmade ceremony arbor the day before, to unexpected changes to the ceremony due to weather, to requests during the reception, she was on top of every little thing that was asked of her. She and the day-of staff went absolutely above and beyond my expectations, making sure the chairs under the porch were still dry prior to our rainy ceremony under the octagonal room, to friendly service during all aspects of cocktail hour and dinner. They also took care of every other vendor drop-off/set up that day - I hardly spoke to the cake delivery, florist or DJ because Erin had it all under control! I truly can't say enough about their professionalism and how welcome they made all of our friends and family feel!
The food and drinks were also amazing!! Our guests loved the fall menu inspired items like pretzels with beer dip, and fall crostinis, and the dessert apple crisp. The filet mignon was also a favorite entree item!
We loved the fact that there were no hidden fees or surprise charges - linens, table numbers, the champagne toast, cake cutting - all of that was included in the cost we were told about upfront. There's also no "room rental fee" like you find with other venues. We really appreciated the transparency and honesty we found at Butternut Farm. The decor everywhere is beautiful - don't feel like you need to do much of anything to "dress it up".. the grille/bar, octagonal room and dining room are all very well-kept and photograph beautifully!

Profile Picture User5452239, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Covered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We could not have asked for a better venue to host our Wedding Day!

There are beautiful locations all over Massachusetts, but the value of what Butternut Farm brings to the table far exceeds anything we found.... and we scouted over 30 locations!

From the moment we sat down with Hope and Erin (event planners), they made us feel so welcome. We even felt that they truly wanted to be part of our special day, which became even more evident when shortly after leaving our initial meeting, we received an email where Hope thanked us for coming and told us how much she would be honored to host our wedding.

Many of the tours we took were informative, but just factual and impersonal, talking about cost options, where you stand, where you eat, and generally what to expect. Hope and Erin took the time to hear about who we were, when we met, what we envisioned for our day... it was so much more meaningful from the very beginning.

Butternut Farm was actually the first place we looked at... every other tour only made it more clear that BF was the only place for us.

We married on a beautiful fall day in October, and everything was as perfect as we could have expected.

I could go on and on about how wonderful the atmosphere, food, service, bartenders, golf course, and everything were... but you have to see for yourself! If you are thinking of getting married here, look no further. I promise you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Bill, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hope, Erin, and the entire Butternut team are wonderful! From the moment we met Hope we felt that we were in good hands, like we were part of their family. They were very attentive to everything. I never felt like I was bothering them with any questions I had. I had full confidence on our wedding day that I didn't have to think about any of the details, I knew it would be taken care of. We had such a wonderful experience.

Profile Picture User5288839, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar

The venue at Butternut Farm is amazing! The golf club itself is so gorgeous and quaint, in the beautiful town of Stow, MA. It's especially beautiful in the fall. It's not your average country club- it feels so much more personal. The reception room is not only beautiful itself , but also has an amazing view of the grounds behind it (including a lake surrounded by trees.) Butternut has three options for ceremony locations, so you can't go wrong if it rains. But the venue itself would be nothing without the amazing staff who run it.

We went to look at Butternut and loved it. Hope greeted us immediately. She was so informative, kind, and personable. She answered literally every question we had before we had the chance to ask it. She let us put a hold on the venue for our date and would let us know if anyone else became interested before we officially booked it. She was so responsive, honest, and helpful throughout the entire planning process.

We then met Erin, Hope's sister-in-law, who is the function manager. She is equally as kind, personable, responsive, etc. She was present throughout the wedding and was by our sides whenever we needed her. She went above and beyond her job description to help make sure the day went by smoothly! She made sure the timeline went correctly , and always gave us the choice if we wanted her to stick to it or not. For example- I did not want our pictures to take longer than 1 hour. She made sure to keep us and the photographer on track. She did things I've never seen another wedding planner do. She pinned the boutonnieres (probably when she realized no one knew what they were doing) , and she even made me a "throw bouquet" last minute during the wedding. I heard many comments saying how well organized the wedding was and how efficient Erin and the rest of the staff was.

And the best part of Butternut and it's staff..
They make getting married a breeze. They are exceptional, and experts in what they do. Our day was perfect!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married in October 2016 at Butternut Farm Golf Club and I can't recommend this venue enough. Not only is it a gorgeous location, Hope and Erin are incredible and will do everything possible to make sure your wedding is truly a dream come true. I had planned an outdoor ceremony and unfortunately, it poured the day of my wedding and we had to move the ceremony inside. I was worried the day wouldn't be what I imagined, but it was so much better. Erin put my fears to rest and I had a blast. I received so many compliments from friends and family on how friendly every member of the staff was and how delicious the meals were. Our wedding day could not have been any better and that is in large part due to Hope, Erin and the entire Butternut staff.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When Nicole and I looked for a wedding reception venue, we only had a few feelings of what we thought we wanted, not a detailed list. We visited hotels, golf clubs, rental halls and caterers. But it wasn't until we visited Butternut until we felt like we found the right place, the right people, and the right package to entrust our wedding celebration to. Hope and Erin made us feel like honored guests at our visit. There was never any pressure. It was clear what they offered and the combination of interior and exterior spaces, along with numerous customization options for everything from food to decor that were included made our choice that much easier. The main room is the ideal vaulted ceiling with beautiful lighting. The flow of the venue continues as a fireplace separates the space for perfect set up of a few fun activities. Beyond that the flow moves to the bar and the octagonal room with a second floor deck and view for all of our guests to watch formal pictures. The space was unmatched and met the needs of our guests perfectly by allowing people to spread out and enjoy the evening the way they wanted, while still being close enough to take in all we planned. As for the day itself, Erin and Hope worked with our vendors and took on all the responsibility. Nicole and I were able to step back, take in our wedding day, and take time with all our family and friends without worrying about any of the planned details. The staff made sure all of our little touches were set up and the presentation of the dining room, reception area, and activity corners were just as we hoped. Finally, the flexibility of the staff made our wedding day just what it needed to be. This is a great place for a wedding celebration, day, evening and night. We would gladly trust our day to their very capable hands again. Thank you again Hope, Erin and all the staff!

Profile Picture Mike, 9/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Butternut farm is a dream venue. They were so accommodating and supportive to any need we had. Erin and Hope respond quickly to any questions or concerns. The food and service was impeccable. We can't say enough good things and we would chose them all over again.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Husband and I were married at Butternut Farm Golf Club on September 17, 2016, as featured above I gave this venue a 5 star rating across the board and if I could give this place 100 stars I would! I couldn't have picked a better place to have my wedding at, this was our only venue that we looked at and we knew after we left our first meeting we wouldn't have to look anywhere else. Right from the beginning Hope and Erin were extremely pleasant and very easy to work with. They were extremely accommodating and worked with you to make your day the best it could ever be. Our outside ceremony was beautiful and you could tell that Erin, Hope and the entire staff were professionals and they definitely knew what they were doing. My day went off without hitch thanks to the whole staff. The food was delicious and the drinks were amazing. This is a definite recommendation to any couple looking for the PERFECT place to have their wedding. Even if it rained (Thank GOD it didn't on my day) but they have plan B, C and D if anything where to happen. They are 100% committed to making this day yours and even if there is something that you want that they couldn't do they will do everything in their power to make sure it does work.

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access