Buttercream Dreams Reviews

Buttercream Dreams 6
Buttercream Dreams 7

Cassy Russell · Married on 10/20/2018

Gorgeous and Delicious!

Carrie was so wonderful to work with and we could not have been happier with her product! She made my husband's grooms cake (blue line with a glock that looked just like his service weapon!) and our small cake and cupcakes for our wedding. All of our guests couldn't stop raving about how delicious the cupcakes were! My husband and I cannot wait to eat our top layer for our anniversary!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Madalyn · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Wedding Cake in Virginia!

Carrie's cake and tasting was by far one of our favorite parts of getting married. From the tasting at her amazing kitchen, to the wedding day, Carrie made sure we felt special. Her cakes are AMAZING. We had 4 wonderful layers in our cake and each one tasted better than the last. We highly recommend the orange dreamsicle and snickerdoodle!!!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2018

The absolute best

Carrie was wonderful to work with! Our cake and cupcakes were BEAUTIFUL and she exceeded all of our expectations. So many of our guests could not stop raving about how delicious and moist the cake was!

Sent on 10/20/2018
    Buttercream Dreams 14
    Buttercream Dreams 15

Merrill · Married on 09/16/2018

Carrie was absolutely amazing to work with! From the moment we booked her services to our wedding day she was incredibly responsive to all our needs and answered every question we had (which was a lot!) Aside from the business side of things, Carrie's cupcakes were DELICIOUS! We got three different types of cupcakes and a sweetheart cupcake and all the flavors were so delicious and our guests couldn't stop saying good things about them!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Hevener · Married on 09/08/2018

Delicious!!

Carrie is amazing to work with and has an amazing eye. We came to our appointment with ideas but nothing that could make a 5 layer cake come together, Carrie took our ideas and along with some suggestions she made our dream cake come to life! The flavors of her cake and buttercream are unreal!! We also wanted edible favors and Carrie delivered with some delicious cookies that people are still talking about!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Buttercream Dreams 16
    Buttercream Dreams 17
    Buttercream Dreams 18
  • Sidney

Sidney · Married on 06/03/2018

Carrie is so wonderful to work with!! Her cakes are equal parts delicious and beautiful, but the experience of working with her was absolutely outstanding. I will come back to Buttercream Dreams over and over and cannot recommend her enough!! Thank you so, so much Carrie!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/27/2018

Carrie had us to her home for a personal tasting and we were blown away with the quality of her cake/cupcakes! The selection and her input for flavor combinations was spot-on. They were absolutely beautiful the day of and guests raved about them!

Sent on 05/11/2018
    Buttercream Dreams 19
    Buttercream Dreams 20
    Buttercream Dreams 21
  • Kallie

Kallie · Married on 11/04/2017

We were a little late finding someone to do the cake for our wedding, but Carrie was amazing and managed to squeeze us in. Our cake and cupcakes were beautiful and absolutely delicious. It was some of the best cake I've ever had and the price was very reasonable for everything we got. Our guests only had good things to say and many people went back for a second cupcake. I'd highly recommend Buttercream Dreams to anyone!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Laura · Married on 10/01/2017

Fantastic baker-wedding cake was exactly what we asked for and absolutely delicious-it was hard to pick a favorite flavor!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Belinda · Married on 06/24/2017

Carrie is wonderful _ so far we have only spoken on the phone and through email - as we had an original appt set up but had to cancel. We have a new appt. scheduled. I had asked if she did any cakes that were gluten free as I am allergic to gluten and have celiac spru - Carrie said she has almost perfected a chocolate one, but said as I am sure you know gluten free cake making is a complicated processes. However, not only pictures of cakes off of her website some from other websites that my husband and I liked different aspects of I sent her via email scanned copies of all of them, Carrie was excited and said it would be great fun putting this all together. I sent her also a picture of our cake topper and the demensions which she was glad for. I have already very much enjoyed speaking with Carrie and has the ceremony and a formal sit down dinner reception is to commemorate my husband and my 10 year wedding anniversary with a traditional in some ways ceremony but renewing of vows and rings. So when I originally spoke with Carrie I did tell her we were wanting a cake that was classic, sophisticated, and traditional. She is thrilled to have this experience, as both my husband and I are looking forward to working with her and then seeing the final completion at our reception.

Sent on 12/08/2015
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 06/03/2017

Carrie was THE BEST baker EVER. Not only did everything look amazing, but it tasted amazing! Our guests literally asking if I had leftover the next morning because they couldn't stop thinking about the cupcakes!

She is the most professional vendor & our consultation couldn't have gone better. She did everything we wanted and more. There is not a single complaint. Carrie made our wedding cake dreams come true!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Jamee · Married on 05/20/2017

After a few underwhelming tastings with other vendors, we found Carrie and Buttercream Dreams on WeddingWire.com. A little hesitant at first, we decided to take the leap and schedule a tasting with Carrie at her home office. We were blown away! Carrie’s entire basement has been converted into a baker’s dream. We arrived and she welcomed us with open arms. She presented us with a variety of cake flavors and toppings, allowing us to taste and discuss at our own pace. Any questions we had along the way she welcomed and answered completely. We are not the most decisive of couples, but Carrie was there to steer us in the right direction. Over about 1 year, we were in close contact with Carrie about our cake/cupcake designs and were so excited to see the final product(s). The cake was stunning – and tasted amazing too! Not a single slice or cupcake was left at the end of the night. We received so many compliments on her work. 5-stars! Thanks Carrie! P.S. You MUST order the maple bacon pancake cupcakes if you ever get a chance.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Katie · Married on 05/13/2017

Carrie is wonderful! From start to finish she went above and beyond. When we met for the tasting, my husband could not attend, so she made a second set of all of the cupcakes for me to take home. The week of the wedding she coordinated directly with the florist and venue to ensure everything was taken care of. And finally, the cake that she made was not only beautiful, but delicious, and we received numerous compliments from our guests.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/25/2017

Carrie made such a beautiful and flawless cake for us! It looked, and tasted exactly like we wanted it to and matched our day beautifully!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Joni · Married on 10/29/2016

Carrie did a great job with our wedding cake. Since we live a couple hours away, we were unable to meet Carrie for a tasting. My husband and I sent Carrie ideas of what we wanted and she did a perfect job of meeting our expectations. Our guests all loved our cake and raved about how delicious it was! We are already looking forward to our one year anniversary when we get to sample the cake again!

Sent on 02/05/2017

Aubrey · Married on 10/09/2016

Carrie at Buttercream Dreams was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We chose to do 4 different cupcakes for our reception, and they were DELICIOUS! My mom and I even hid a few that night so that we could have them for breakfast the next day - they were still incredible. She was responsive, detailed, and timely. I highly recommend working with Carrie! You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Kacey · Married on 10/01/2016

Carrie did an amazing job on our wedding cake! It was more than we ever expected! All three flavors were absolutely delicious!! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Kinsey · Married on 06/17/2016

Buttercream Dreams is a great vendor to use. Our cake was beautiful and tasted great. It definitely helped make our day more special.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/28/2016

My husband and I would highly recommend working with Buttercream Dreams, LLC for future events! The groom's cake and wedding cake both tasted amazing and we loved the way the cake designs turned out! It was such a breeze to figure out the finer details involving the cake (size, shape, design, flavor) due to the professionalism and expertise of the baker. Buttercream Dreams, LLC is top notch!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Carrie · Married on 01/16/2016

Working with Carrie was about as easy and streamlined as possible. I met her at a tasting a few months before my wedding (ate way too many cupcakes), and I signed a contract shortly after. The cupcakes were delicious and she was so flexible in making whatever vision I had come to life. We also had gluten free guests and her GF cupcakes were delicious and there were no leftovers! She setup everything up prior to the ceremony and I didn't have to do a thing. Wonderful vendor to work with.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Natalie · Married on 09/12/2015

Simply put, Carrie is the best! I've worked with her for both of my daughter's weddings. I do dream in buttercream because of Carrie!!! She is now working with me for business clientele and spoiling them just as she has treated me as mother of the brides.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Kimberley · Married on 08/28/2015

Carrie was AWESOME! She is so responsive and flexible and her cake and cupcakes were a hit at my wedding. The tasting was personalized and Carrie was attentive and open to ideas and the wedding cake that she delivered was perfect!

P.S. Everything was affordable too!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Carrie made a delicious "naked cake" for our daughter's vineyard wedding. It was not only beautiful but just like the picture we provided. Carrie was very friendly and easy to work with.....I would highly recommend her cakes for any event!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Sara · Married on 11/01/2014

Carrie was awesome to work with! She wowed us from the start at our 9am consult meeting - she had coffee ready to go with our cupcakes, as well as bride/groom plates to put our cupcakes on. Carrie took the time to understand what we were looking for with our cake, gave us plenty of options to choose from (flavors, fillings, cake shapes and sizes), and helped us figure out which decorations would be best for us! Even though we had a few other consults after hers, we knew she would be baking our wedding cake. And she didn't disappoint on wedding day! Carrie always responded in a timely manner to our correspondence, even though she keeps a very busy schedule. Our three-tiered, three-flavored (autumn spice w/cinnamon apple filling, yellow/fudge marble, & lemon with peach filling) cake with buttercream frosting was absolutely perfect. Our guests raved about it, and even went back for seconds (and thirds!). My (new) husband and I even snuck a few pieces back to the honeymoon suite for after the wedding!

Sent on 11/11/2014