Bull Run Golf Club Reviews

49 | Haymarket, VA

49 Reviews for Bull Run Golf Club

Caitlin · Married on 04/06/2018

This is a beautiful venue, also it was so organised and easy. I had no worries on the day, the staff is welcoming, helpful, and very professional.

Sent on 04/20/2018

Bull Run Golf Club's reply:

Caitlin! You are so sweet. Your wedding was a blast! It was a pleasure working with you. :) Please let us know if you ever need anything in the future! -Brooke
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/22/2017

I'm getting married at Bull Run Golf Club in October, and I can't wait! My fiance and I checked out quite a few venues, and two things became apparent to me. I needed a beautiful ceremony space and an awesome event coordinator. Bull Run delivers both of those things. Their ceremony space under the pergola is gorgeous, their rain plan isn't bad at all, and Katie Noble is amazing! My fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves, and she has been so great in working to give us what we want at a price we can afford. The whole experience has been great so far, and I know our wedding will be wonderful!

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 11/06/2016

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at Bull Run Golf Club! Katie did a fantastic job keeping me stress free through the entire planning process. The room was absolutely fabulous and the outdoor ceremony site is nothing short of amazing. We could not possibly have asked for a better location for our wedding. I knew from the first moment we visited that this would be the location. I honestly started crying as we drove away the first time, it was so beautiful. The food that was made in house was delicious and worked with us to create a perfect brunchy/lunch menu for our guests. I highly recommend this venue!

We just booked our July 16, 2016 wedding with Bull Run and couldn't be happier. The venue is gorgeous and surprising affordable.

Mijanou · Married on 04/30/2016

My experience was PHENOMENAL! All thru the planning untill the day of. Katie, the wedding coordinator was AMAZING! My wedding turned out perfect thanks to Katie! No bumps, no hickups, no nothing. Katie took care of everything as previously planned. Unforgettable memories.

Michelle · Married on 04/29/2016

I had my wedding here on 4/29/2016. Thankfully the weather cooperated!! If I had to do it all over again, I would still pick Bull Run Golf Club. The venue contacts changed about 3 months before the wedding, and I can tell you I would not have even noticed. Katie picked up right where the previous contact left off with absolute care and professionalism. She was so great to work with. We have had SO many compliments on the venue and the food too! R&R catering is the catering partner, and they were excellent. We went to a few of the caterer tastings at Bull Run so we were able to experience a wide variety before we had to pick our meal plan. The location is gorgeous and they have a private room for the bridal party to get ready in - this helped tremendously to have us all in one location and not have to worry about separate locations! I would highly recommend Bull Run Golf Club!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Bull Run Golf Club's reply:

Michelle, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your wedding and reception at Bull Run Golf Club. Thank you to both you and Matt for being so wonderful to work with and for trusting us with your big day. Please reach out at anytime. We wish you the best future together as Mr. and Mrs. Robertson. Best, Bull Run Golf Club

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

BRGC was such a beautiful location for my fall wedding. The scenery alone was breathtaking (we also had a perfect weather day, so that helped), but the outdoor ceremony location was beautiful just on it's own. The reception area was nice for our 70 person reception, and I'm sure it could fit plenty more comfortably. The staff was great to work with and very attentive, and also answered my multitude of questions. I had no issues and the day of went very smoothly thanks in part to their staff.

Danielle · Married on 05/24/2015

I worked mainly with Brittany from the beginning and I truly enjoyed working with her from the beginning to the end. She was so down to earth and made me feel like everything was going to be ok and everything went ok on my wedding day.
    She's very responsive on any requests or questions I had, and was very accommodating of the last minute changes that had to be made while respecting our wishes.

Christopher · Married on 04/11/2015

We choose Bull Run for our venue due to how close it was to our home, but it ended up being the perfect choice for so many more reasons. The view of the lake and golf course made a wonderful backdrop for the ceremony and cocktail hour - many of our guests commented on how nice everything looked and how well the venue presented.

The staff was amazing. Our Wedding Coordinator, Brittany, went way above and beyond what any reasonable person should have to do. She helped plate foods, she kept our confused selves in line, and she made up for everything the groomsmen and bridemaids weren't able to handle (which was a lot!) She even argued with the Bride's sisters for us (no easy task) after they started telling people the wrong places to sit. Whenever we needed her for something she was there, and the wedding would not have been the same without her. At one point I was desperately Googling how to properly attach a boutineer using my phone when she appeared out of nowhere and started pinning them on everyone in site. She put up with a lot from the guests and bridal party alike.

We would definitely recommend Bull Run for a wedding. The planning, the all-inclusive package, and the coordination were well worth it.

Natalie · Married on 03/13/2015

Just wonderful! The venue was beautiful and definitely helped to make my big day even better than I could have imagined.

Kim · Married on 10/25/2014

The Bull Run Golf and Country Club is an excellent venue for your special event! The Staff was outstanding giving suggestions and recommendations every step of the way! Also, the Staff was very responsive and attentive to my needs, they catered to my every wim! My guests raved about the venue and the excellent food provided by R&R Catering, the Bull Run Golf and Country Club caterers! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!!

The actual venue was great!! The price was very competitive with other venues in the general northern VA area. The view was absolutely stunning... the mountains, the colors, the sunset over the mountains, etc. Make sure to add Valarie Moore as your day-of-coordinator if you have your wedding there. She was PHENOMENAL!!! She made everything that much better. I can't rave enough about her.

I am a mother of three daughters and this was our first wedding. Being rookies, we can't believe our luck in finding such an excellent venue. So many of my friends and family have told me this is the best wedding they ever attended. The building and grounds were superb for our 150 people event. The wedding was by the pond, the cocktail hour was on the patio which we covered with a tent for shade and attractiveness and the dinner and dancing were in the ball room. It was so nice because guests could move freely amongst the outdoor and indoor space throughout the evening. The stone fireplace, the mountain backdrop and the lush grounds make for a perfect setting. The staff was totally responsive and knowledgeable. Their wedding planner was better than top-notch. You gotta go with Valerie! Love, love, love Bull Run Golf Club!

Dave · Married on 07/05/2014

I am an avid golfer and my wife knew that I was secretly hoping we would find a golf course at which to get married. After seeing the price tags associated with hotels in the area, we decided to explore caterers and found R&R Catering. They are the main caterer for Bull Run, so we decided to check out the venue. She walked behind the club house at Bull Run and, upon seeing the view, said, "This is it." We put a deposit down that day.

David and the staff were fantastic to deal with even with the minute details about which we inquired. It is a must to hire Valerie as a coordinator. She was direct, polite, and organized beyond belief. She pointed, we went, and it worked seamlessly. We laughed at the end because after everyone told us there would be hiccups throughout the night and to roll with it, we cannot remember a single one and it was due to Valerie, Melinda, and the staff. Their attention, attitude, and service was impeccable and they arranged and took care of details of which we would have never thought.

Our entire experience was memorable and we will certainly look back on the day with nothing but smiles and laughter.

Jackie · Married on 06/14/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at Bull Run Golf Club on June 14, 2014. We couldn't have had a more perfect day. Melinda and Brittany were our coordinators and they were absolutely AMAZING before and during the wedding!!! They always made sure that my husband and I were taken care of and had everything under control, even when we had issues with the shuttles at the end of the night. They even brought the wedding party food and drinks while we were taking pictures on the golf course since we couldn't attend the cocktail hour! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful country club wedding!

Molly · Married on 05/30/2014

We were so lucky to have booked Bull Run Golf Club for our wedding. From our initial consultation to our big day, the staff at Bull Run was phenomenal to work with. They were more than just a "day of" venue. They helped with wedding favors, provided the catering, and decorated our venue to perfection.

We used the catering provided by Bull Run and the food was delicious (I wish I could recommend them for events that are NOT held at Bull Run they were that great). We were given almost complete control designing our menu and the standard answer we were given with any question was "sure, we can do that".

We used the onsite Wedding Coordinator, Valarie. She was AMAZING and worth every penny. She helped with every element from the very beginning including walking us though the big day, assisting with developing the menu, coordinating all deliveries, keeping us on schedule and most importantly embracing our wedding theme and bringing it all together.

Everything about Bull Run was wonderful and I 100% recommend them for YOUR special day.

Sonia · Married on 05/25/2014

David was SUPER helpful getting everything put together. He was also on top of everything, making sure that what we needed was done and there was nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, David was out of town the day of the wedding (which we were informed) and Melinda was now in charge. Melinda was also on the ball with everything that we needed and asked for, even the last minute things that we sprung on her literally an hour before the wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend this golf course to ANYONE! It is amazing to look at and amazing to work with!!
    Thank you again David & Melinda!!!

Katie · Married on 05/18/2014

My husband and I just had our wedding at Bull Run Golf Club and could not have had a more perfect experience! The staff is absolutely wonderful - they do everything they can to ensure that the days leading up to your event, and the day of your event go as smoothly as possible. They're laid back enough to help keep you calm, but totally on the ball when something goes wrong. The shuttle bus we had for our guests was a no-show, so in a matter of minutes, the staff was on the phone calling local cabs to help get guests home. Beyond that, our cake was a complete mess and they took it upon themselves during our ceremony to fix it! They went above and beyond to make our day perfect and we couldn't be more thankful!!

We had our daughter's wedding at Bull Run Golf Club in December. David and the rest of the staff were very accommodating & flexible. The weather was almost 70 degrees that day & we were able to open the doors to the veranda & the guest were able to enjoy the beautiful views. The setting was perfect. The value was great. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Kristen · Married on 10/19/2013

If you are looking for a beautiful venue with unmatched service at an affordable price, Bull Run is the place to go. Bull Run is truly a hidden gem for wedding venues in the DC area. The staff is absolutely amazing; they worked extremely hard to make our event perfect. We looked at venues from Charlottesville to DC and none matched the scenery and service.

Bull Run’s property in Haymarket looks out over stunning foothill mountains. We got married at their outdoor location which has a beautiful, rustic arbor overlooking a small lake and the mountains. They have an indoor location in case of inclement weather, which was has a gorgeous giant stone fireplace and huge picture windows looking at the same view.

The staff was extremely flexible. Their goal seems to be to try and do whatever made us happy. They even provided a wedding coordinator (Valerie) at no additional cost.. Melinda (Bull Run’s food & beverage mgr.) and Valerie spent several long nights before our wedding going over the menu selections and helping to plan all of the elements for the actual wedding day. No detail seemed too small to them.

On the day of our wedding, the food was absolutely outstanding. They have the option of either a plated dinner or buffet; we chose buffet. Many of our guests at the wedding commented on how good the food was, and we couldn't agree more. The chef added one of our favorite foods to the offerings, even though it was not one of their standard offerings.

Additionally, Valerie's day of coordination was amazing. She did a fantastic job making sure all the decorations were set up properly, the timing of the day went smoothly, and solving all problems as they arose. We could have never imagined that our wedding day would be so beautiful, perfectly coordinated, and stress free.

Bull Run provided more than we ever thought we would get out of a wedding venue. Take the time to visit Bull Run; you will be extremely glad you did.

Lacy · Married on 10/12/2013

Bull Run was an absolute PERFECT wedding venue. They are a great value compared to other local venues and they have the space to accommodate a large wedding. Our ceremony was out on the back patio, because it had rained all week and they were able to get a tent arranged the day before our wedding. The reception was inside the downstairs ballroom and it was STUNNING! We could not be happier with how our special day turned out, we forgot that is was even raining out! Melinda and Dave are the best. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone! The setting could not be more beautiful, sitting in the blue ridge foothills in Haymarket!

• .

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2013

Bull Run was the second venue we visited and we were immediately in love with it. The view and ceremony location were gorgeous, the set up of the club itself was perfect, and the reception area felt so comfortable and perfect for us. Our wedding was yesterday and we received so many compliments on the scenery, the food, the service, and everything about Bull Run. David and Melinda were wonderful, and 2 weeks before the wedding, they set us up with Valarie to be our day-of-coordinator. Valarie had very little time to catch up but she was absolutely amazing. I have no idea how we would have pulled it off so smoothly without her, David, and Melinda. The pricing and value were great for the NoVa area and the food was fantastic. I could not be happier with our choice of venues and my husband loved his round of golf as well. Thank you making our day perfect!!!

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/07/2013

Working with David, Melinda, and Catherine (the day-of coordinator) made the entire wedding planning process easy. From the massive amount of emails I would send before the big day, to the big day itself, the entire staff at Bull Run was extremely easy-going, flexible, and most importantly, really went above and beyond to make sure you got what you wanted. The food was absolutely amazing, definitely the best I've had at a wedding by far, and everyone is still raving about the lambchop lollipops! Catherine made sure all of my DIY decorations were where I wanted (and there were many), and David took us out on the golf cart during cocktail hour to get some great pictures. I would definitely recommend using the club for any event!

Veronica · Married on 08/31/2013

The team at Bull Run was more than accommodating when setting up our wedding, they were so great at setting up, we were able to stress about other things! Major props to Tina, who kept our wedding running smoothly on the day and made sure everything went according to plan!