Bugsie Productions Reviews

108 Reviews for Bugsie Productions

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth K. · Getting married on 07/07/2021

Awesome company

Craig was super amazing!! We had our wedding July 19th so right in the middle of COVID craziness. Craig was super flexible as we kept changing our minds and plan as COVID guidelines kept changing! We seriously could not have asked for a better DJ. Stellar guy, super friendly and helpful. 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 08/03/2020

Jess G. · Married on 11/08/2020

Shawn is such an incredible DJ (& a great person)!

We worked with Shawn from Bugsie Productions. He was SO kind and helpful from start to finish. We weren't really sure what what kinds of music would go well with our wedding atmosphere/mix of guests, but after talking a little bit about our vision for the day, Shawn was able to make some suggestions, and every single one was spot on for what we were looking for. He helped make our wedding flow so well and really nailed the musical atmosphere at the ceremony, as well as at the reception. Shawn obviously knows what he is doing and has the ability to perfectly read a crowd, getting them to dance, while also keeping the music selection exactly what we wanted for our big day. He's so fun, personable, and professional - we would absolutely recommend Shawn to anyone in need of an amazing wedding/event DJ! Thank you so much for being such a big part of our big day!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Katie · Married on 10/05/2019

The best DJ in the game

You cannot go wrong by hiring Bugsie Productions for your wedding. DJ Shawn was AMAZING. He met with us a couple times prior to the wedding to figure out the flow of the wedding, provide suggestions, and to get to know us as a couple. It was like having both a DJ and coordinator for the wedding. We decided to do the top package and it was well worth it as the lighting was amazing and really brought the reception room to life. We gave Shawn a lot of freedom with music choice and are so glad we did! He was spot on with music for pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. We received countless compliments about Shawn from our guests. Not only was the music great, but Shawn’s energy was infectious. People danced literally the whole time. Shawn made our wedding the party that we wanted.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Adrienne

Adrienne L. · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful from start to finish

DJ Yoshi did a fantastic job of planning out everything with us according to his experience and what we wanted to make our wedding day uniquely our own. He was patient in listening to all our desires and on the wedding day he was fabulous at getting the party started (and continuing it) while making it more about us than about a show he was putting on. We went with the package that included a sound system for the ceremony as well, and it took so much stress off of us to not have to worry about that part as well. We got married outdoors, so the logistics of the sound system could have been tricky, but they handled everything so well. My husband is in the audio/visual industry, but as we were getting married out of state, we needed someone else to handle it for us. Even my husband, who could have been picky about the set up, was very pleased! We are SO HAPPY to have had DJ Yoshi as a part of our wedding day!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Bugsie Productions's reply:

Thank you both for a wonderful review. I wish you both the best in your journey together! Congratulations again!!
  • Kerry

Kerry W. · Married on 09/05/2019

Absolutely incredible

I can not say enough about how impressed I was with this company. DJ Yoshi was our DJ, and he was very professional from the start. I loved that he met with my husband and I face to face to go over everything, learn about us, the music we like, the visions we had, etc. And for areas that we didn't know what we wanted he threw in suggestions that were perfect. I felt completely confident on our big day. Afterwards we received so many compliments!! He really read the crowd and played music that kept everyone going. Even his music choices for while guests were waiting for the ceremony to start was a huge hit, and guests said they were so entertained just waiting! Hire these guys, you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Tomi Z. · Married on 08/17/2019

Craig was amazing!

Craig helped us all along the way to make sure our day was going to go perfectly. He met with us multiple times and was very professional every time. On the wedding day he arrived very early to make sure all his equipment was set up and tested. Then, he was very professional and did a wonderful job when he had to speak to introduce people or to give last minute announcements to the guests. Criag is awesome!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby L. · Married on 08/03/2019

DJ Shawn is the best!!!

Shawn was easily the best vendor hire of our wedding! Throughout the entire process he communicated what he needed, and what we needed to work on, and when we had absolutely no idea how to articulate what we wanted, he still got it.

I have heard 10 times over how awesome our DJ was, and what an awesome party he threw! I actually had guests taking pictures with him because he is literally just the coolest dude and you instantly feel like he’s your bestie. There was never a dull song, or a lull in the flow of the evening. He helped us along with our timeline - as our DOC didn’t have the best handle on things - and kept us on track to make sure we got to do all the things we wanted to!

It was so amazing to show up on the day of our wedding and KNOW that Shawn had it handled, and if something came up, I knew he would take care of it.

I could not be happier about having Shawn as my DJ, and if you’re looking for your wedding/event DJ look no further - make the leap and hire Bugsie!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Henry

Henry · Married on 08/03/2019

Great DJ with excellent service!

We had our wedding at Jardin Del Sol in early August and Craig and his team at Bugsie Productions provide such excellent service and work with the top of the line equipment. To start, during the vetting and selection process, Craig was very responsive and timely to our inquiries. Craig was the first DJ we met and immediately surprised us with his presentation. Given his experience, he laid out a recommended timing of the wedding day, how he would help during the day off (mindful that we opted to not go with a day coordinator so having this helped us TREMENDOUSLY). We left the meeting feeling comfortable and confident that Craig and his team would be able to provide exceptional service and music that will get our guest up and dancing.

Fast forward to the day of, Craig did more than what we had asked for. We had provided him with our day of agenda ahead of time and he was on point with the timing, informed us when we were ahead and behind of schedule which helped alleviate a lot of the stress. His music was on point and got our guest up and dancing throughout the night. We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding.

Thank you, Craig, for helping make our wedding memorable to us and our guest!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Bugsie Productions's reply:

Thank you for the review and kind words. You and Michelle were meant for one another and the ceremony and reception was beautiful! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day! Congratulations!!
  • Marc

Marc N. · Married on 07/13/2019

Wedding couldn't have been more perfect!

We had DJ Yoshi at our wedding recently and he was amazing. We met with him a week or so before our wedding to validate our music selections and to make sure that we all were in sync. He did an amazing job keeping to all of his cues and to ensure that everyone was having a great time. I would highly recommend Bugsie Productions for your DJ needs!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Tuyet L. · Married on 06/01/2019

My June 2019 Wedding

I have no words to express how grateful I am to have Shawn as my DJ/MC for my wedding this year!! Not only did Shawn send me a detailed list of sample song selections as well as categories for the wedding process, he was always responsive. When ever I had questions he made time to call or text me answers ASAP! Shawn was respectful of our wishes, professional in his advice, always punctual, easy to communicate with, and had a amazing sense of humor with a warm air around him that just made us relaxed. If anyone is lucky enough like me and my husband to have Shawn DJ/Mc at their wedding, they will have a room full of laughter and plenty of fond memories!! Thank you again Shawn!!!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Dani

Dani · Married on 02/16/2019

Shawn was the hero at my wedding

I could not have asked for a better DJ than Shawn. I'm an extremely disorganized person and Shawn helped me throughout the entire process. I was lost when it came to picking out songs, flow of the night, schedule, and any other details! Shawn was patient and kind and helped me every step of the way, He wants to personalize the DJ experience for his bride and groom, and make it meaningful throughout the entire night. He does not have a one all fits all approach and is very clear on this. He wants to make sure each wedding he does is different, and fits to the bride and groom. He also makes suggestions, which I was so appreciative of.

The day of, I didn't have to worry about a THING. Shawn was there and went above and beyond when it came to setting up, asking the right questions to my coordinators, and thinking of things before they even came up. He made my day so special, and I didn't have to stress and worry. He takes pride in his work and wants to make sure that the couple is worry free and having the time of their lives.

My guests also loved Shawn. He was funny, kept things exciting, and most importantly played music that everyone liked. I was getting compliments from every age and a lot of older folks came up to me and said "he even played songs I liked!" Everyone at my wedding had a blast and that all goes to Shawn. If you hire him, hes not just a DJ...hes the heart of the party and I can guarantee you that you will not be disappointed and your wedding will not be dry and awkward. If i could rate him 6 stars, I would because he went far beyond expectations of a DJ.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my day so special to me. I truly appreciate it.

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Anthony

Anthony J. · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing Hire!

We booked with Bugsy Productions for our December 2018 wedding and we were blown away by the professionalism, prompt replies, and artistic creativity! From reaching out to book them to the very last song we felt like we struck gold with this company and especially with their Principal DJ, DJ Shawn! We met with Shawn at a coffee shop to go over what we were thinking about for music on our special day. We enjoy all genres of music (mostly) and really wanted Shawn's input on what he thought might add a nice touch to the evening. We gave him a couple ideas of what we like and let him do the rest. He knocked it out of the part with his creativity and friendliness! We had SO many people tell us how amazing the song selections were and the whole vibe of the evening and to his credit that was all DJ Shawn! We send our highest recommendations to book with Bugsy Productions. We hope we have another occasion in the future where we could book with them again! Thank you, Craig and thank you, Shawn. Our day was perfect and we can't thank you enough! Anthony & Stacey Jesse

Sent on 01/27/2019

Susan C. · Married on 12/28/2018

Beautiful and Fun Wedding at Columbia Winery

We used Craig @ Bugsie Productions for our daughter's wedding in December of 2018 at Columbia Winery in Woodinville. The music/sound was perfect for the ceremony in the barrel room, the cocktail hour in the tasting room and all the festivities during dinner and dancing. Everyone was having so much fun dancing that we extended 30 minutes. Craig read the crowd perfectly and the dance floor was rocking to the end. Couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Bugsie Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Susan for all the kind words. It was truly a pleasure to be part of such an incredible day! Your family knows how to get down. :)

Mallorie · Married on 09/08/2018

We hired DJ Yoshi with Bugsie Productions for our big day. Yoshi did a phenomenal job. He was able to take our mixed music likes and create a playlist that had the entire group up and dancing the whole night. I would highly recommend them. Yoshi was energetic, professional, and helped us with any questions we had. Thank you for making our day so great.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2018

DJ Shawn Brought the Party!

We worked with Bugsie, and had DJ Shawn at our wedding, and one of our guests said it best with a text a few days later.... "That DJ = ON. FIRE."

We had the best time working with both Craig (Bugsie Production owner) and DJ Shawn! My husband and I thought DJ Shawn was one of the most personable people we had ever met, and loved how he MC'd our entire event, and DJ'd our wedding dance party. Our guests loved his energy, sense of humor, and ability to read the room- and no one wanted to leave. We were so busy coordinating other items, that we were only able to get our questionnaire/music preferences less than a week before our wedding to Shawn, but he worked with us- and came with the best playlists for our pre-ceremony, dinner and dancing, etc that evening. We had some trouble picking first dance/precessional/wedding party songs- and Shawn also helped us with those as well! Thanks for coordinating and MC'ing such a wonderful evening for us, Shawn!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Vanessa · Married on 08/25/2018

Yoshi did an incredible job as our emcee and DJ at our wedding! He and Craig were approachable and responsive in their communication -- we felt confident in their services from the get-go! They made planning our wedding and music easy, which is no small feat! Yoshi made mic'ing the ceremony a breeze, and several guests commented that our wedding ceremony had some of the best sound quality they had heard. He did a wonderful job emceeing and keeping tabs on all of the small transitions and details we had discussed prior to the wedding. He also did an excellent job reading our crowd and kept the energy on our dance floor going all night long! We would wholeheartedly recommend DJ Yoshi and Bugsie Productions for future events! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Kat · Married on 08/25/2018

The Single Best Decision in Wedding Planning!

STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND HIRE BUGSIE PRODUCTIONS!!!!

My husband and I have a pretty specific music tastes, and knew that we placed the music selection above mostly everything else (yes, even the cake!) at our wedding. When I say that we are selective, I truly mean it: we like obscure electronic music! Many of our friends had offered to DJ for us, however our venue had a specific list of preferred vendors we were required to choose from so we were a little lost on where to begin. We contacted all of the DJs and quickly realized that Bugsie Prod. was the most superior option. We expressed our need to make sure that our DJ would be able to seamlessly blend electronic (house, techno, trance, etc) with tried-and-true favorites (Prince, Michael Jackson, etc) for our guests to enjoy, and Craig, the owner of Bugsie was super accommodating to us about this concern. He recommended Shawn, and I am SO GLAD he did. Not only is Shawn a fantastic live performer, but he has a great attitude.

We met with Shawn a few months before our wedding and discussed all of our favorite music and our vision for the wedding. We also discussed the timing of songs, and he gave us some great suggestions for our reception timing/releasing our tables for dinner. He sent us some preferred music forms for us to fill out, and we completed them about 3 months before our big day. Shawn was incredibly professional and easy to work with, and on top of that I consider him a friend now. He made the process so easy for us, and while so many people leave their music "up to chance" for their wedding except a few songs, Shawn truly embraced our preferences and learned how to mix everything for us to create a seamless experience. I will always, ALWAYS recommend Shawn and Bugsie Productions for wedding music! Thank you again for making everything perfect for us!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Bugsie Productions's reply:

Thank you Kat! I'm truly happy for the both of you. Shawn had told me how much fun planning and being part of your special day he had. I wish you both the very best on your life's journey together.

Susannah · Married on 08/25/2018

really helps set the tone!

Craig was wonderful to work with. Really took the time to figure out who we are and what we wanted. Helped set the tone for the whole day.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Alison · Married on 08/18/2018

We are so happy that we made the decision to hire Craig at Bugsie Productions. Craig and his colleagues are professional and knowledgeable and truly made all of the musical decisions that we made super easy! Craig was always available to help guide us as we made decisions and provided recommendations when we needed them. We also used the photo booth and uplighting that Bugsie offered. The lighting was perfect and our guests absolutely loved the photo booth! Craig helped us customize the printouts to match the feel of the wedding! All in all, we are so happy to have worked with Craig and his team and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Nicholas · Married on 08/04/2018

We had DJ Shawn from Bugsie productions as DJ and MC for our wedding this last Saturday, and he was phenomenal! Neither of us are big music buffs, but we had a general idea of the feel we wanted for our wedding and Shawn had excellent recommendations for music to make each part of our wedding feel just right. We left most of the specific music decisions up to him and he did an incredible job at hitting the right tone. In addition to being a great DJ, Shawn was awesome at MC’ing the whole event too. He suggested some really fun games to get our guests involved in the wedding and he did a great job at getting everyone to relax and have fun. Our guests absolutely loved the music and energy he brought to our big day (Many of our guests specifically mentioned how awesome our DJ was!). The entire Bugsie team was a delight to work with and we are so happy we hired them.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Juliana · Married on 08/03/2018

Craig D.J.ed our wedding at the Alderbrook on Friday 8/3/18. Craig was phenomenal to work with from beginning to end and helped make this our dream wedding. He met with us before the wedding and helped craft the music list we wanted for the evening. He kept our guests entertained with trivia and music to make you get up and dance. There were even some people up line dancing that we have never seen in action before. Craig even indulged the bride (Pat Benatar) and groom (Du Hast) with a late-night karaoke session with our favorite songs that our guests are still talking about.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Keshia · Married on 07/28/2018

Had the best experience with DJ Shawn for our wedding this past summer! The level of energy he brings to set the scene for a fun and enjoyable reception was exceptional, not to mention wonderful to work with prior. He exceeded all our expectations and will recommend him to any of our friends’ upcoming weddings. Craig also was very accommodating and they make a great team.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Jenna · Married on 07/21/2018

Had multiple meetings together to discuss all the details. Craig gave great advice and ultimately listened to me and did what I wanted :) great music, felt the crowd, setup was awesome. I really wanted minimal uplighting until dancing started and lights were off and he did just that! It was such a party and he helped everything run so smoothly for the whole wedding reception. Setup for ceremony was great and all music and parts in our timeline ran smoothly.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Landung S. · Married on 07/07/2018

We love the professionalism, quality, and hospitality of bugsie production. We had DJ Shawn and we absolutely love his enthusiasm during the wedding. He was very helpful in helping us through the process in choosing music for our wedding. DJ Shawn is an amazing DJ and host! He made everyone feel comfortable dancing that our dance floor was very full and lit! He made various suggestions in making sure that our large family crowd was organized during ceremony and reception. We definitely recommend bugsie production if you want an amazing party, especially with DJ Shawn! 5 out of 5 all the way!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

Yoshi over at Bugsie Production was amazing at our wedding! He not only kept our guest informed, he also made sure the dance floor kept rocking long after we had left for the evening. Our guest loved him and we will be using him again for our next celebration. We highly recommend using Bugsie and Yoshi for your wedding DJ needs!

Sent on 09/16/2018