59 Reviews for Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music

Sample Music (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
Lighting (2)
59 Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music Reviews

Bud Maltin Music was absolutely PERFECT!!! Working with Bud over the phone was easy and he made the planning so much easier. Timmy and the band were incredible! Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and we are still hearing from our guests how AMAZING they were! They helped make our wedding day the best day ever!

Profile Picture Jackie, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My husband and I heard Bud's band at a friend's wedding, and when it came time to plan our own, I remembered how great they were. Both Bud and Bill were wonderful to work with. Although we live in Manhattan and they're based in New Jersey, we were able to plan things over the phone, e-mail, and Skype. They were personable and professional. The night of the wedding, they were really great. My husband doesn't dance much, generally, but I saw him out on the dance floor quite a bit that night! Furthermore, when we had an unexpected medical emergency, Bud stopped the music and calmly informed people of the situation. When it was over (everyone was okay, thankfully!!), I didn't know how the night would start up again, but I needn't have worried. I would highly recommend them! Thank you so much, Bud and Bill!!!

Profile Picture Carly, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

I have made and attended many events but cannot recall any band that approached Bud Maltin Music for its musical aptitude, ability to "light up the room" and get (and keep) the party going, and overall quality. Their level of professionalism is unparalleled. They were a pleasure to work with from the time of our first contact through the conclusion of our reception. You will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Craig, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Absolutely fabulous! WE WOULD HIRE THEM AGAIN IN A MINUTE! They were professionals right from the time of initial contact. They are gifted musicians who know how to get a party started and keep it going throughout the duration.
I can recommend without a moments hesitation.

Profile Picture Nanci, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We selected Bud Maltin Music for our wedding reception and it was one of the best decisions we made for our event in July 2017. It was one of our top priorities to find the right DJ to ensure our guests would be on the dance floor all night. And that's exactly what happened!

We worked with Bill Galbo, who was an absolute pleasure from day one. He totally got the taste in music we were going for by asking the right questions from the get-go. He was accommodating, easy to work with and reliable. Also, he had a plethora of experience, so we relied on his expertise and suggestions. We knew we were in good hands with no stress at all.

As for the reception, Bill, and his colleague, AJ, made the nights go smoothly. Everything was times perfectly, thanks to him and his coordination with our venue. All the toasts, speeches, first dance and cake cutting flowed through the night. The best part is that Bill read the crowd well. As promised, he made sure everyone stayed on the dance floor and had a wonderful time.

We highly recommend Bill and Bud Maltin Music for your next event. They are the best in the business!

Profile Picture Annie, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I recently got married at Tribeca Rooftop this September. Bud Maltin played at my brother-in-laws wedding and he was one of the very first vendors we called as we knew we wanted to use him for our wedding as well. The Bud Maltin team is extremely professional, accommodating and attentive. We met with Bud a few weeks before our wedding to review our song list and he was very honest about certain song choices -- either telling us they were must-plays or giving us a similar option that he thought would be more of a crowd pleaser, both were very much appreciated! My husband and I had also been practicing a choreographed first dance for weeks and I emphasized to the band prior that I wanted it to be played exactly as the cover version sounded that we had been practicing to. Bud blew me away by making our first dance sound just like that version, down to the second. We can't thank Bud and his band enough for making our wedding day so perfect. We have received so many compliments on the band following our wedding and we would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Jessie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Fabulous band that created a real wedding party atmosphere from the dancing of the Hora to a rather drunken "New York New York" at the end of the evening. Thanks guys you were a lot of fun and made the evening.

Profile Picture Mike, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I HIGHLY recommend Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music to anyone in the NYC area ( and even abroad). Their level of professionalism, knowledge of music/ the venue space and talent are unparallelled. Our guests both near and far were comlimenting (and still are) the music played throughout the entire event. Anthony, Mark, Bill and Bud ALL over excedded our expectations are we're truly grateful that they were apart of our big day!

Profile Picture Christie, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

So, when looking for a band for my wedding we were having a lot of difficulty finding one that sounded great and had a good price point. Well, we got SUPER lucky with this band!! Not only did they sound fantastic they were not as expensive as some others. The guy I spoke to through out the entire wedding planning process (for the music part of course), was none other than Bud himself. He would email me and call me to help me out with some things as my wedding got closer and closer. I am probably the most difficult to work with because I'm so indecisive and picky as well as my husband lol. He was beyond patient with us and we got a million compliments throughout the night and even after the wedding was over. My wedding was on June 10, 2017 and it was the greatest night of my life. Glad I got a snap shot with Bud before the end of the night lol. Thank you guys so much for such a wonderful night! I won't ever forget it!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

FABULOUS! From start to finish, Bill and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with. He listened to us, really understood the feeling we were trying to create and helped us figure out how best to do that with the music. From the types of instruments to the special song selections to the structure for the evening, Bill was always available to offer advice but was never pushy or overbearing. Amidst so many other moving pieces of the wedding planning process, we were so grateful for the professionalism, creativity and quality provided by Bill; we knew we were in good hands and had no worries going into the day; we couldn’t be happier with how everything came together.
We had an acoustic guitarist (Mark) for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and he was simply amazing! For the reception, we opted to have both musicians and DJ (keyboard, vocalist, guitar) for a mix of live and recorded favorites, and it was a blast! The entire team was so talented, and our guests loved the combination. Bill even found moments to get in a few songs that were meaningful to us but didn’t quite work for special songs, which was a really nice personal touch. All in all, the music was one of the highlights of the evening, and we would HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

I can't find the words to truly express how impressed, happy, excited, beyond pleased I am with how you all performed at my wedding on April 8th. Everything was flawless and you made me feel so relaxed and confident as a bride to just let you run the show because you know EXACTLY what to do. You guys nailed it. Everyone (two weeks later) is still raving about THE BAND! It was the most magical night for us and I am so thankful for all of your talents. Everyone single one of you were spectacular and beyond gifted!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We were so pleased with the performance of Bud and his band. They were so easy to work with and seemed to truly care about our big day in all the meetings leading up to the wedding. They had everyone up dancing the entire night which is exactly what we wanted and they made sure we had the best time. We would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Michael, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I met Bud/Bill at a wedding showcase. I had always envisioned having a band at my wedding but after doing some research, I quickly realized that a band was way out of my budget. Bill followed up with me after the showcase and I liked that. So even though I was discouraged by the pricing I was finding, I decided to respond to Bill to see what their packages were like.

Bud & Bill were so responsive - they're like a great tag team duo. After understanding my needs and my budget, they really tried to accommodate me as best as possible. They gave me a DJ/Live Combo and a great price. I was thrilled! Before booking, I checked them out on wedding wire and their reviews were all so amazing. I don't think I saw 1 bad review. That sealed the deal for me.

Throughout the process, they were so great! When I had my final chat with Bud, that's when I really felt so much more at ease with how my day/reception would go. I expressed some of my concerns and he really helped me to put everything into perspective and encouraged me to just relax and plan to enjoy the day.

I honestly don't remember much from the reception but as I look through the pictures, it was clear that the band kept the folks on the dance floor - which was really important to me. From the pictures and from what people have been telling me, the music was great and they really enjoyed themselves.

I was really at ease knowing that Bud/Bill and the team had everything under control and I just went with the flow. My matron of honor also noted that the band played until the very end even though many people had started to depart a little before it was actually over - that speaks volumes about their work ethic and I'm really happy that I chose this band to be apart of my day.

By far, one of my BEST vendors!

Profile Picture Yvonette, 1/16/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Bill Galbo of Metropolitan music worked with my husband and I for our wedding, and we could not have had a better experience! Bill was personable, professional and flexible to work with as the wedding approached. He met with my husband and I near our work to discuss the wedding and preparations. We collaborated on music preferences by sharing a Spotify playlist and filling out an enquiry form he provided. He also took the time to create two special tracks for us: one was a slowed down version of Love Me Now for our first dance and the other was a mix of three songs for my dad and I so that we could dance to Thriller during the father daughter dance. When I explained what my dad and I wanted to do, he really nailed it by cutting a track just for us! Working with Bill was a pleasure and easy.

At the wedding Bill and his musicians played live music during dinner and did a DJ band combo for the dancing part of the reception after dinner. They were fantastic and talented! My husband's favorite was their Billy Joel. Our guests gave us so many compliments on th music! Perhaps most importantly they really knew how to read the room to keep people on the dance floor. They played one great song after another and managed to reflect our music tastes. Our wedding was amazingly fun, and they helped keep the spirit of the evening in full swing. We would recommend them over and over again. You really can't go wrong with Bill and the crew from Metropolitan Music!

Profile Picture Andrea, 12/10/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumentals, Reception, Vocals, Lighting

What can we say about Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music expect for, WOW!! Bud has been a part of my life since he played at my oldest sister's wedding 12 years ago! Since then he has rocked the dance floor at my middle sister's wedding 7 years ago and then made my wedding day the most magical night this past Saturday. We absolutely love Bud Maltin! He has become a part of our family. This band is one of a kind and we are so lucky to of had them a part of all of our families special events. My family and I recommend him highly and know that it's not a party without Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music!

Profile Picture Blake, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Bud and his band turned it out so hard for our wedding. From our first meeting where we watched the band practice, we were confident that they would be a huge hit on our big day. And they most certainly were. Every single guest was raving about our music at the Sunday brunch, from the songs that captured our personal music taste to the overall energy- they were all that we could have ever hoped for. My husband, who has played music since he was a child, was extremely picky about who we worked with and not even he was disappointed. In fact, he said it was his favorite part about our wedding too.

Bud was a dream to work with and kept in touch with us, helping us plan every element, even while he was super sick just a few weeks before the wedding. He also helped my husband coordinate to play a song, which was definitely a highlight of the evening.

I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Bud Maltin & his band. So grateful to have had such an amazing experience!

Profile Picture Jack, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

LOVED OUR BAND!!!
Band manager Bill Galbo was very responsive and great to work with from the get-go. He was super collaborative, attentive, and fun. I am a former wedding singer (and thus know what I want and like) and he made it super easy to have a ton of input on the song list, etc. And they said it would be entirely possible (and welcomed) for me to get up and sing with the band at some point in the night. Bill (And Bud) also worked with me to get the band arrangement that fit my price range - which was critical! They even DJed the ceremony and cocktail hr.
The band that played our wedding was led by band leader/saxophonist Timmy Cappello. Timmy is one of the kindest people and a super talented musician. He was the perfect MC (said all of the right things, but was quick and to the point and didnt do any cheesy stuff that you sometimes see at weddings!). The song selection was SPOT ON. They played such an amazing range of music (pop, motown, funk, swing, hip-hop, RAP!) and did it so well. Each band member was very talented and soloed/riffed and got really into it! Also -the singers were UNREAL (Sherma and Eric). We (and vast majority of wedding guests) were literally on the dance floor the entire night. It was one, huge, happy dance party and that is exactly what we wanted. (with the perfect slow songs sprinkled in and the requisite relaxed James Taylor tunes (we are big fans) for the few moments that we actually wanted to sit and eat!) They played our Sam Smith wedding song - Latch - super well and nailed the arrangement - slow version into the upbeat remix version. They also killed it on the father/daughter dance (Stand By Me) and mother/son dance (Shower the People).
Last but not least, when it came time for me to sing (I planned with Timmy to sing three songs) - they were SO incredibly GRACIOUS and fun to sing with. They nailed the instrumentals and back-up vocals and I had the best time singing to my new husband in front of my family and friends.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

My husband and I hired Bud Maltin Music for our September wedding and we are so very glad we did! After my initial phone call with Bill I felt completely at ease booking Bill and his musicians as our entertainment. He was extremely prompt at responding to any questions we had and helped guide us as far as the order of our ceremony, entrance music, etc. The week of the wedding we had our final phone call which confirmed every detail about the wedding day. I felt completely calm and excited for the big day!
The wedding was everything he said it would be and more! The mix of live and recorded music was fantastic and our guests were loving it! Bill, the guitarist, sax player and vocalist were awesome and they kept our guests on the dance floor all night. I couldn't imagine using anyone else and I only wish we had another reason to hire Bill and his team. Thank you for everything, you gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture Kit, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Reception, Vocals

When my fiance and I left a Bud Maltin showcase at Smash Studios, we knew they were our band for our big day. With a crew of incredible talent and wide knowledge base of songs, they killed it on our wedding day. Our guests kept raving at how awesome they were and asked how we found them. Bud and Bill were super easy to work with and fast to respond to any questions we had. They also welcome any song suggestions and recommended great songs when we didn’t know what we wanted. Bud, Bill, Belinda, Anthony, John, David, Frank, Dean, thank you SO much for making our special day truly memorable!

Profile Picture Ann, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Reception, Sample Music, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Our guests are still raving about how incredible the band was - they really made our wedding! They were very responsive and great to work with in the months leading up to the wedding. Since we were planning from across the country, they set up several calls and Skype calls with us to be sure they knew exactly what we wanted. All of the musicians are incredibly talented and know how to feel out the crowd and vibe! Our guests were spilling over the dance floor onto the grass - they were a blast! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture abbey, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

During the planning process, every interaction we had with Bud and Bill was efficient and helpful. They are so good at what they do--we trusted them completely, but we also felt we could give our input and ask for whatever we wanted. It was incredibly easy to work with them!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Wow, what a band! Our wedding was bursting with joy and dancing, largely thanks to their great music.

We approached the band about six months before the wedding (June 2016) , and they were wonderful to work with. Bud Maltin and Bill Galbo were so organized — they gave us song ideas, and Bud met with us several times to talk about the music and wedding schedule. (The schedule was key — we had a brunch wedding, and Bud helped us plan it down to the minute. His help was invaluable. At the wedding, he helped keep us on schedule by announcing what was happening next, including the cake cutting, parent speeches and more. )

The band even learned a new song — our favorite: Satellite, by Guster — and they did a great job, playing it when our ceremony ended and when we did our first dance.

The band provided music during the ceremony, cocktail hour and played nonstop continuous music throughout the party. Hands down, it was the best hora I've ever experienced. Everyone, both young and old, was dancing their hearts out.

We saw and heard the exact performers that we expected. The lead vocalist was amazing, and most of the other musicians sang as well. The music was so beautiful, that both groom and mother were in tears during the parents dance.

I highly recommend this band!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

One of the best decisions we made with our wedding planning was booking Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music for our ceremony and reception music. Bud is a true gem and was great to work with - such a professional with a creative spirit. He's really one of a kind. We saw the band about 1 year before our wedding and worked closely with them to lock in our wedding. Bill was responsive and wonderful to work with on the contracting process. He understood our needs and worked closely with us and our budget, which was so helpful. I am a professional event planner by trade, and I searched high and low for a band that was within our budget and had a stellar reputation. Bud Maltin has just that. The band delivered and truly exceeded our expectations. Everyone was out on the dance floor all night long and had the best time. One of the highlights was when Bud surprised us with a throwback song (Backstreet Boys, I want it that way). I mentioned I grew up in the boy band era and all my old childhood friends would be at the wedding and would love at least 1 old school boy band song. The band learned it and hit the nail on the head! Picture 20+ girls just singing and dancing to BSB live...it really was an amazing moment! The band also played some Australian tunes for our family which was a really nice touch! We can't thank them enough. The ceremony music was beautiful and Bud on the harmonica was just perfect. Lighting on the dance floor...tableside keyboard playing during dinner...it was all wonderful. I'll never forget all the comments during the wedding about our main female vocals - "That woman has pipes!". Oh you bet she does! The entire band played harmoniously together!! Can't say enough great things about this band!!!

Profile Picture Diana, 5/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Bud Maltin was amazing! We were so excited to have a live band for our wedding and the performances they delivered far exceeded our expectations! Not only did they sound great, they knew how to keep the party going and just the right time to play each song. The range of music they can perform is truly remarkable. We and our guests could not get enough, in fact many guests went out of their way to tell us how great the band was. I would highly recommend them for any style of wedding.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones