Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music Reviews

83 | New York, NY

83 Reviews for Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music

• Christine

Christine Shim 路 Married on 12/10/2019

Bud Maltin Metropoiltan Music is FABULOUS!

Hiring Bud Maltin Metropoiltan Music was one of the best decisions my husband and I made. We loved the option of having a live band with live musicians AND a terrific DJ. Talk about a winning combination! We were able to have the DJ play specific songs we loved (with original/specific artists) and also had the benefit of also offering amazing live music to fill the ballroom at our reception. Bill Galbo (business manager) and Bud Maltin are both incredibly personable and always made my husband and me feel like our preferences were being heard. They are a class act. I cannot recommend them more highly.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Renee Salvato 路 Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent!

I only have wonderful words to describe this company and their DJ who worked at my sons wedding celebration. They were easy to work with, will go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect and the DJ, Danny, did a great job getting everyone dancing throughout the night. You won't go wrong hiring this company for your music needs.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Veronica

Veronica 路 Married on 09/07/2019

Thank you Bud and Ariana!!!

Bud and Arianna came DJed/ played live music for our wedding back in November 2019. They made our party- THE Party! Working with Bud and Bill was calming and quick. I did not stress out one bit. The music they played was a lot of what we requested and the live music was unbelievable. Bud played the sax and flute and it was awesome. Arianna has an amazing voice and she sang so many awesome songs during dinner. We kept looking at her and giving her a thumbs up because everything was so great that she sang. My wife and I are so pleased with you guys! Thank you for making our day so special and giving us the time of our lives. THANK YOU!!! 馃槉馃槉

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • nyyjsl

Jon Levitt 路 Married on 09/02/2019

Tight beats and beautiful melodies

After shopping around and copious research, we chose Bud Maltin Metropolitan Group and to say the least - they DID NOT disappoint! Our process began with hearing some of the band perform live in a Midtown Manhattan studio. What we saw then was what we got on our wedding day. Professionalism, talent, energy, and a natural harmony with the crowd and the entire experience. All aspects, discussed and implied, went off without a hitch. From the ceremony music, featuring a violinist and keyboardist duo pulling off our non-traditional processional music, to ending the night with our specific request (including the obviously necessary "I Want it That Way" by The Backstreet Boys :), it goes without saying that guests and staff alike shared nothing but positive feedback. Let's not forget a fun and relaxing cocktail hour featuring the smooth sounds of the acoustic guitar, followed by the 4-hour reception with our 7-piece band and that unforgettable whirlwind of a Hora to start off the party. Bottomline is that you will not be disappointed. Thank you to the band for providing the perfect soundtrack to our big day!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Renata

Renata Tuttle 路 Married on 08/24/2019

Better than I could have imagined!!

Working with the Bud Maltin Band was absolutely incredible! They provided music for our wedding - reception, cocktail hour, and reception鈥 All of which were a dream. They sounded great, and really set The tone for a fantasy night. We were really nervous to hire a band, because we had really specific music in mind. My husband鈥檚 side of the family is Indian, and more on the young side, while my family is American and a bit older. We wanted music that would appeal to both, but were convinced that a band who could do it all was going to be impossible to find. But then we found Bud Maltin. With their band/DJ hybrid combination, they were able to not only play all the songs that you wanted to meet both criteria, but also songs that felt personally significant to my husband and I. They even learned some special Hindi songs we requested! They were incredibly professional, responsive, warm and easy to work with. Their sound is unbeatable. I鈥檓 already working with them on another event. I cannot recommended them enough!!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review & we're so happy to have the opportunity to see you again so soon!

Samantha R. 路 Married on 07/13/2019

Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music is AMAZING!!

My husband and I got married on July 13, 2019 at the Village Club at Lake Success. While planning our wedding, we knew that we wanted to have a band that also had the capacity to play music like a DJ. Bud and his team were the perfect fit. Working with Bud and Bill made the entire process so easy. They know so much about music, and they are incredibly professional. Bud was so patient and kind as we spoke on the phone multiple times to ensure that the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music was exactly what we wanted. We had a talented pianist play during the ceremony and cocktail hour. We ultimately had a nine piece band play at the reception. All of the music was phenomenal. In the two weeks since our wedding, I have had many many people tell me how impressed they were with the band. I am so happy that they were the ones to play at our wedding. I highly recommend Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music for any event with music, especially a wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Meghan Rondinone 路 Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing Band and DJ!

We hired Bud Maltin Band for our wedding in July at the Boathouse and they were absolutely amazing. Everyone raved about the band after our wedding and said it was one of the best they'd heard at a wedding! They offer a great combo of live musicians and DJ to supplement, so you have all the perks of having a live band but get to hear everything you want! We loved working with both Bud and Bill, they were very laid back but professional and timely for everything. Would highly recommend to any NYC couple looking for affordable live music option without sacrificing high quality!!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Tartaglione 路 Married on 06/04/2019

We loved Bud Maltin! 11/10!

I don't even know where to begin with how thrilled we were in hiring Bud Maltin Music! From the beginning of the process till the end of our wedding night, they were extremely professional and really fun to work with! Not only did they listen and react to the tone and type of music my wife and I wanted, but they were also there to help guide us through what made sense given our guest list. They set up multiple calls to help us determine the best music for each piece of the night and let us have the flexibility we needed.

And oh yeah, they also can freaking play like no other! We had a band + dj combo and it worked out perfect for us. A lot of people say on your wedding night you won't remember a lot of the music, but Bud's band was so great that we are still talking about them today! We cannot recommend them enough and we are letting all of our friends and family know they are a must-hire for any of their upcoming weddings.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Sandi

Sandi 路 Married on 06/01/2019

Outstanding Experience

If you want your guests to have the time of their lives at your Wedding hire Metropolitan Music! Their musicians & vocalist are top notch & they know how to get everyone up on their feet. Thank you Bud you made the night magical & so much fun!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Walter

Walter Valesky 路 Married on 05/25/2019

Icing on the cake!

Bud Maltin, the band, and Bill Galbo were all great. They were extremely professional and really completed the wedding. The difference between a DJ and a live band was a huge difference in the entertainment and everyone from the old folks to the teenagers were having a great time and complimented the band.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Khezzar 路 Married on 05/11/2019

Best entertainment we could have ever asked for!

Where to begin... Bud Maltin Music truly is a class act who listens to what you want and goes above and beyond when it comes to the actual day of. Their musicians and artists are phenomenal and know what they are doing. They are energetic and get the crowd going and make you want to get up and dance. The voices.... all I can say is WOW. They are on another level. I have worked with Bud Maltin and Metropolitan Music for YEARS and they are the ONLY company I now go to when I need live music or a DJ. We recently just had them at our Wedding Celebration and they worked with us - played the music we asked, made suggestions, and made our night spectacular. They have options that many other bands do not offer- we even had someone taking pics at the wedding and putting them up in real time for guests to see. My best friend is also getting married and after seeing them at my wedding said I don't even have to look further as they are EXACTLY what we want. If that doesn't say something I don't know what else would. Trust me, you WANT Bud Maltin at your Wedding. :) .

Sent on 10/31/2019

Jacquelinf Bergreen 路 Married on 01/05/2019

Fabulous !

Reviewed On 1/31/2019 by Jacqueline B
    Fabulous - I would give 1000 stars!!! We had our wedding few weeks ago at the Harvard Club in NYC and Bud Maltin Band was fantastic ! We loved , our 150 guests from the US and 6 others countries adored and had the best time ever! Many thanks Bud to you and to your wonderful musicians and singers !

Sent on 01/31/2019

Ann 路 Married on 11/10/2018

Outstanding Band!

I have been a fan of Bud Maltin/Metropolitan Music for many years. I have engaged his extremely talented musicians for many charity events as well as referred them to personal friends. I was thrilled beyond thrilled to have them play at our daughter's wedding this past November. The ceremony music was included and it was perfect. Most of our guests (multi-generations) did not stay in their seats but rushed to the dance floor and danced the night away. We are still receiving wonderful compliments about our event; the best musicians make the BEST party!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Sarah 路 Married on 11/10/2018

Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music really delivered

We were incredibly impressed with Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music. Each band member was talented and the overall sound was fantastic. Our guests were dancing all night and we received many comments about how great the band was.
    In terms of planning, the band was very responsive and also willing to accomodate any request. We also relied on their expertise in choosing the appropriate instruments for our ceremony and they nailed it. I would encourage any friends getting married to use the band!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Rebecca 路 Married on 09/15/2018

Everything was amazing!

The whole team at Bud Matlin was so helpful and easy to work with. We got so many compliments on both our live music and DJ!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • F

Adrienne 路 Married on 08/31/2018

We met with Bud after getting a recommendation from a friend who attended a wedding they played at, and boy are we glad we did!! Bud and his band were AMAZING. There really are no words. They were so easy to work with up until the wedding and were able to accommodate various requests that we had. They even worked with my husband to plan him bringing his guitar to play a song for me at the wedding. Bud even tuned it up for him that day and everything! Everyone we spoke to that night was in love with the band and commented on how amazing they are. Everyone was up on the dance floor all night long, from the time of our first dances until the last song, the dance floor was never empty. Bud and his band made our night so much more special than it already was. They also played our ceremony music beautifully and as soon as they started to play, I began to tear up. The musician who played during our cocktail hour did an amazing job as well. The music never stopped and neither did the dancing. They also do an incredible hora, and my husband's non-Jewish family keeps commenting that it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding and loved doing the hora! I can't thank Bud and his band enough for making our wedding so amazing and would absolutely recommend them to anyone having a wedding or other event. My husband and I keep saying that we can't wait until our next big event so we can use them again!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Jess 路 Married on 08/18/2018

We (and all of our guests) thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of our wedding. From the church, through the venue, everything was fantastic. And, Bud and the band were the cherry on top of a wonderful wedding. We knew from the first time we heard their online demos, we wanted the band. Once we heard them in person at a showcase, we were sold! Everyone at our wedding loved the band -- they keyed into the crowd to play songs everyone was into, kept the party going all night, and they are all so TALENTED! The whole band made our wedding better, and we couldn't be happier with our choice to hire them. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Solie 路 Married on 06/28/2018

We hired Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music to provide our music for our wedding and it was the best decision ever! Music was so important to us because it sets the whole vibe and I wanted to make sure it was going to be perfect and it was! Bill Galbo was so great during the whole process and making sure we had the right DJ for our wedding. It was a pleasure working with this company and our DJ Danny was awesome!! People are still complimenting us till this day!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Manny 路 Married on 06/23/2018

My daughter was married this past weekend (June 23rd, 2018) and my wife were still celebrating the newlywed鈥檚 company for several days afterwards.

Now that its back to reality time we wanted to share how amazing Bud Maltin and Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music were to work with throughout the entire planning process up to and including the wedding celebration. The band was incredible. Our guests did not stop asking "where did you find the band?"- and a number of professional musicians at the affair commented that the band's musicians were exceptional. The horns, guitars, keyboards, drums and vocals were phenomenal. The band played all types of music and had an incredible young singer entertain our guests during mealtime. All through the night as soon as the band started playing the dance floor became packed. The dance floor was never empty- it was awesome to watch.

On a personal note Bud embraced lyrics I wrote for my daughter and put the words to music. It was evident as he put it 鈥渁 total labor of love鈥. Only a special kind of person would devote the time and energy Bud and the band put into ensuring the music for my daughter鈥檚 song was perfect.

Thank you, Bud and the entire band, for helping make this special night a night we will all remember for many many years.

Manny

Sent on 06/28/2018
  • F

Felicia 路 Married on 06/23/2018

Bud and his band did a fantastic job! From start to finish they were professional an communicative. They answered all our questions. They did an amazing job and we could not have asked for a better band. The entire wedding was dancing the entire night away!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Jenny 路 Married on 05/26/2018

Bud Maltin and the band went ABOVE and beyond for our wedding day. Not only were they incredible day of, but were seriously such a pleasure to work with. We met with many bands prior to finding Bud Maltin, none of which came close by comparison. The GM, Bill Galbo, was also such a pleasure to work with - super responsive, and never made us feel as though we were asking too many questions (even though we knew we were!). Our guests are still complimenting the band, which is exactly what you want to hear after your special day :) . We highly recommend the Bud Maltin Band.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Julia 路 Married on 05/19/2018

Absolutely FANTASTIC band - our wedding guests were raving about them! We pretty much left the music up to them, with some small guidance on favorites/dislikes, and they really had a great feeling for the vibe of the party and kept everyone dancing. Plus, they were very easy to work with after we had to switch our wedding venue a month before the wedding! Highly recommend Bud and the band!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Ric 路 Married on 12/12/2017

Bud Maltin and his orchestra had everyone dancing non-stop. Professional and talented. Thanks Bud for the party!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Jackie 路 Married on 12/02/2017

Bud Maltin Music was absolutely PERFECT!!! Working with Bud over the phone was easy and he made the planning so much easier. Timmy and the band were incredible! Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and we are still hearing from our guests how AMAZING they were! They helped make our wedding day the best day ever!

Sent on 12/16/2017