Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music Reviews

1 User photo

Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music 1
  • Michelle

Michelle Tartaglione · Married on 06/04/2019

We loved Bud Maltin! 11/10!

I don't even know where to begin with how thrilled we were in hiring Bud Maltin Music! From the beginning of the process till the end of our wedding night, they were extremely professional and really fun to work with! Not only did they listen and react to the tone and type of music my wife and I wanted, but they were also there to help guide us through what made sense given our guest list. They set up multiple calls to help us determine the best music for each piece of the night and let us have the flexibility we needed.

And oh yeah, they also can freaking play like no other! We had a band + dj combo and it worked out perfect for us. A lot of people say on your wedding night you won't remember a lot of the music, but Bud's band was so great that we are still talking about them today! We cannot recommend them enough and we are letting all of our friends and family know they are a must-hire for any of their upcoming weddings.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Sandi

Sandi · Married on 06/01/2019

Outstanding Experience

If you want your guests to have the time of their lives at your Wedding hire Metropolitan Music! Their musicians & vocalist are top notch & they know how to get everyone up on their feet. Thank you Bud you made the night magical & so much fun!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music 2

Jacquelinf Bergreen · Married on 01/05/2019

Fabulous !

Reviewed On 1/31/2019 by Jacqueline B
    Fabulous - I would give 1000 stars!!! We had our wedding few weeks ago at the Harvard Club in NYC and Bud Maltin Band was fantastic ! We loved , our 150 guests from the US and 6 others countries adored and had the best time ever! Many thanks Bud to you and to your wonderful musicians and singers !

Sent on 01/31/2019

Ann · Married on 11/10/2018

Outstanding Band!

I have been a fan of Bud Maltin/Metropolitan Music for many years. I have engaged his extremely talented musicians for many charity events as well as referred them to personal friends. I was thrilled beyond thrilled to have them play at our daughter's wedding this past November. The ceremony music was included and it was perfect. Most of our guests (multi-generations) did not stay in their seats but rushed to the dance floor and danced the night away. We are still receiving wonderful compliments about our event; the best musicians make the BEST party!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Sarah · Married on 11/10/2018

Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music really delivered

We were incredibly impressed with Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music. Each band member was talented and the overall sound was fantastic. Our guests were dancing all night and we received many comments about how great the band was.
    In terms of planning, the band was very responsive and also willing to accomodate any request. We also relied on their expertise in choosing the appropriate instruments for our ceremony and they nailed it. I would encourage any friends getting married to use the band!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything was amazing!

The whole team at Bud Matlin was so helpful and easy to work with. We got so many compliments on both our live music and DJ!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • F

Adrienne · Married on 08/31/2018

We met with Bud after getting a recommendation from a friend who attended a wedding they played at, and boy are we glad we did!! Bud and his band were AMAZING. There really are no words. They were so easy to work with up until the wedding and were able to accommodate various requests that we had. They even worked with my husband to plan him bringing his guitar to play a song for me at the wedding. Bud even tuned it up for him that day and everything! Everyone we spoke to that night was in love with the band and commented on how amazing they are. Everyone was up on the dance floor all night long, from the time of our first dances until the last song, the dance floor was never empty. Bud and his band made our night so much more special than it already was. They also played our ceremony music beautifully and as soon as they started to play, I began to tear up. The musician who played during our cocktail hour did an amazing job as well. The music never stopped and neither did the dancing. They also do an incredible hora, and my husband's non-Jewish family keeps commenting that it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding and loved doing the hora! I can't thank Bud and his band enough for making our wedding so amazing and would absolutely recommend them to anyone having a wedding or other event. My husband and I keep saying that we can't wait until our next big event so we can use them again!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Jess · Married on 08/18/2018

We (and all of our guests) thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of our wedding. From the church, through the venue, everything was fantastic. And, Bud and the band were the cherry on top of a wonderful wedding. We knew from the first time we heard their online demos, we wanted the band. Once we heard them in person at a showcase, we were sold! Everyone at our wedding loved the band -- they keyed into the crowd to play songs everyone was into, kept the party going all night, and they are all so TALENTED! The whole band made our wedding better, and we couldn't be happier with our choice to hire them. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Solie · Married on 06/28/2018

We hired Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music to provide our music for our wedding and it was the best decision ever! Music was so important to us because it sets the whole vibe and I wanted to make sure it was going to be perfect and it was! Bill Galbo was so great during the whole process and making sure we had the right DJ for our wedding. It was a pleasure working with this company and our DJ Danny was awesome!! People are still complimenting us till this day!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Manny · Married on 06/23/2018

My daughter was married this past weekend (June 23rd, 2018) and my wife were still celebrating the newlywed’s company for several days afterwards.

Now that its back to reality time we wanted to share how amazing Bud Maltin and Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music were to work with throughout the entire planning process up to and including the wedding celebration. The band was incredible. Our guests did not stop asking "where did you find the band?"- and a number of professional musicians at the affair commented that the band's musicians were exceptional. The horns, guitars, keyboards, drums and vocals were phenomenal. The band played all types of music and had an incredible young singer entertain our guests during mealtime. All through the night as soon as the band started playing the dance floor became packed. The dance floor was never empty- it was awesome to watch.

On a personal note Bud embraced lyrics I wrote for my daughter and put the words to music. It was evident as he put it “a total labor of love”. Only a special kind of person would devote the time and energy Bud and the band put into ensuring the music for my daughter’s song was perfect.

Thank you, Bud and the entire band, for helping make this special night a night we will all remember for many many years.

Manny

Sent on 06/28/2018
  • F

Felicia · Married on 06/23/2018

Bud and his band did a fantastic job! From start to finish they were professional an communicative. They answered all our questions. They did an amazing job and we could not have asked for a better band. The entire wedding was dancing the entire night away!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Julia · Married on 05/19/2018

Absolutely FANTASTIC band - our wedding guests were raving about them! We pretty much left the music up to them, with some small guidance on favorites/dislikes, and they really had a great feeling for the vibe of the party and kept everyone dancing. Plus, they were very easy to work with after we had to switch our wedding venue a month before the wedding! Highly recommend Bud and the band!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Ric · Married on 12/12/2017

Bud Maltin and his orchestra had everyone dancing non-stop. Professional and talented. Thanks Bud for the party!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Jackie · Married on 12/02/2017

Bud Maltin Music was absolutely PERFECT!!! Working with Bud over the phone was easy and he made the planning so much easier. Timmy and the band were incredible! Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and we are still hearing from our guests how AMAZING they were! They helped make our wedding day the best day ever!

Sent on 12/16/2017

Carly · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I heard Bud's band at a friend's wedding, and when it came time to plan our own, I remembered how great they were. Both Bud and Bill were wonderful to work with. Although we live in Manhattan and they're based in New Jersey, we were able to plan things over the phone, e-mail, and Skype. They were personable and professional. The night of the wedding, they were really great. My husband doesn't dance much, generally, but I saw him out on the dance floor quite a bit that night! Furthermore, when we had an unexpected medical emergency, Bud stopped the music and calmly informed people of the situation. When it was over (everyone was okay, thankfully!!), I didn't know how the night would start up again, but I needn't have worried. I would highly recommend them! Thank you so much, Bud and Bill!!!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Lindsay · Married on 10/14/2017

Choosing Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music to play at my wedding was the best decision I ever made (well, second to agreeing to marry my husband!). From our first conversation to the big day itself, Bud and Bill, the manager, were incredibly responsive, thoughtful, and professional. I had no stress working with them whatsoever! They brought the house down and our friends and family were raving! Several guests told us that Bud Maltin was the best wedding band they had ever heard - and we agree! With an extensive playlist and an insanely talented line up, Bud Maltin kept our guests on the dance floor all night. We had so much fun! I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Craig · Married on 10/08/2017

I have made and attended many events but cannot recall any band that approached Bud Maltin Music for its musical aptitude, ability to "light up the room" and get (and keep) the party going, and overall quality. Their level of professionalism is unparalleled. They were a pleasure to work with from the time of our first contact through the conclusion of our reception. You will not be disappointed!!!

Nanci · Married on 10/08/2017

Absolutely fabulous! WE WOULD HIRE THEM AGAIN IN A MINUTE! They were professionals right from the time of initial contact. They are gifted musicians who know how to get a party started and keep it going throughout the duration.
    I can recommend without a moments hesitation.

Annie · Married on 09/16/2017

We selected Bud Maltin Music for our wedding reception and it was one of the best decisions we made for our event in July 2017. It was one of our top priorities to find the right DJ to ensure our guests would be on the dance floor all night. And that's exactly what happened!

We worked with Bill Galbo, who was an absolute pleasure from day one. He totally got the taste in music we were going for by asking the right questions from the get-go. He was accommodating, easy to work with and reliable. Also, he had a plethora of experience, so we relied on his expertise and suggestions. We knew we were in good hands with no stress at all.

As for the reception, Bill, and his colleague, AJ, made the nights go smoothly. Everything was times perfectly, thanks to him and his coordination with our venue. All the toasts, speeches, first dance and cake cutting flowed through the night. The best part is that Bill read the crowd well. As promised, he made sure everyone stayed on the dance floor and had a wonderful time.

We highly recommend Bill and Bud Maltin Music for your next event. They are the best in the business!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Jessie · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I recently got married at Tribeca Rooftop this September. Bud Maltin played at my brother-in-laws wedding and he was one of the very first vendors we called as we knew we wanted to use him for our wedding as well. The Bud Maltin team is extremely professional, accommodating and attentive. We met with Bud a few weeks before our wedding to review our song list and he was very honest about certain song choices -- either telling us they were must-plays or giving us a similar option that he thought would be more of a crowd pleaser, both were very much appreciated! My husband and I had also been practicing a choreographed first dance for weeks and I emphasized to the band prior that I wanted it to be played exactly as the cover version sounded that we had been practicing to. Bud blew me away by making our first dance sound just like that version, down to the second. We can't thank Bud and his band enough for making our wedding day so perfect. We have received so many compliments on the band following our wedding and we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Mike · Married on 08/19/2017

Fabulous band that created a real wedding party atmosphere from the dancing of the Hora to a rather drunken "New York New York" at the end of the evening. Thanks guys you were a lot of fun and made the evening.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Christie · Married on 07/29/2017

I HIGHLY recommend Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music to anyone in the NYC area ( and even abroad). Their level of professionalism, knowledge of music/ the venue space and talent are unparallelled. Our guests both near and far were comlimenting (and still are) the music played throughout the entire event. Anthony, Mark, Bill and Bud ALL over excedded our expectations are we're truly grateful that they were apart of our big day!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

So, when looking for a band for my wedding we were having a lot of difficulty finding one that sounded great and had a good price point. Well, we got SUPER lucky with this band!! Not only did they sound fantastic they were not as expensive as some others. The guy I spoke to through out the entire wedding planning process (for the music part of course), was none other than Bud himself. He would email me and call me to help me out with some things as my wedding got closer and closer. I am probably the most difficult to work with because I'm so indecisive and picky as well as my husband lol. He was beyond patient with us and we got a million compliments throughout the night and even after the wedding was over. My wedding was on June 10, 2017 and it was the greatest night of my life. Glad I got a snap shot with Bud before the end of the night lol. Thank you guys so much for such a wonderful night! I won't ever forget it!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/10/2017

FABULOUS! From start to finish, Bill and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with. He listened to us, really understood the feeling we were trying to create and helped us figure out how best to do that with the music. From the types of instruments to the special song selections to the structure for the evening, Bill was always available to offer advice but was never pushy or overbearing. Amidst so many other moving pieces of the wedding planning process, we were so grateful for the professionalism, creativity and quality provided by Bill; we knew we were in good hands and had no worries going into the day; we couldn’t be happier with how everything came together.
    We had an acoustic guitarist (Mark) for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and he was simply amazing! For the reception, we opted to have both musicians and DJ (keyboard, vocalist, guitar) for a mix of live and recorded favorites, and it was a blast! The entire team was so talented, and our guests loved the combination. Bill even found moments to get in a few songs that were meaningful to us but didn’t quite work for special songs, which was a really nice personal touch. All in all, the music was one of the highlights of the evening, and we would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 07/21/2017