Bryant Park Grill Reviews

56 Reviews for Bryant Park Grill

• Kate

Kate Epstein · Getting married on 01/01/2022

AMAZING venue and service

My husband and I got married at Bryant Park Grill in late January and had the BEST night of our lives. Here are the highlights:
    1. We worked with Emma, who was a pleasure to work with from Day 1. She is extremely patient, knowledgeable, flexible, and professional. We asked for many custom arrangements and she said yes to EVERYTHING we asked for! She was very responsive and made the planning process as easy as possible.
    2. The space itself is stunning. It does not need any flowers, special lighting, or decoration - it is beautiful on its own without any adornment. We loved every nook and cranny of the venue. The tent are was gorgeous and gave guests spectacular views of the city, park, and skyline. The restaurant itself is gorgeous - great lighting, elegant, sophisticated, classy, etc. The space has a 'warm' feel, not sterile like some other wedding venues we visited. The location was very convenient, as well.
    3. The food was fantastic! Many of our guests said that this was the best wedding food they had ever tasted! Given it's a restaurant by design, and not a traditional wedding venue, the food is head and shoulders better than most venues.
    4. The pricing was actually reasonable / fair compared to some other places we looked into.

These words do not begin to give Bryant Park Grill the credit / accolades it deserves. We had the best night - we loved every aspect of the venue / service / staff - and would not change a thing! THANK YOU Emma, Tom, and Bryant Park staff for making this the best night of our lives.

Sent on 02/06/2020

Michala Fitzpatrick · Getting married on 07/17/2021

a must see

Bryant Park Grill was by far one of my favorite wedding venues I visited. It's a stunning wedding venue. The food and beverage package is amazing. You have to see this wedding venue. And Lisa is a delight to work with :)

Sent on 04/25/2020
  • Brittni

Brittni Michaelis · Married on 06/15/2019

The Best Wedding Venue Hands Down

I can't say enough about Bryant Park Grill. I'm sure other venues are goodbut BPG is AMAZING. The absolute best of the best. We had the PLEASURE of working with Linda and Tom and I can't stop smiling when I think of how amazingly awesome they both were. Linda was so fun and easy going from start to finish, she made things easy and uncomplicated, she took time to go over details, add special features and was just a total rockstar in helping plan our day. Then you have Tom. The guy is the King of Events. He is cool, calm, collected and executed the day flawlessly and he does it with a great attitude and the best smile. I owe Linda and Tom so much. Now the venue ... it doesn't get anymore gorgeous from the rooftop to the outdoor garden to the inside. The food is top notch and you won't find any better. I promise. It's only been two weeks but every single one of our guests have said that our wedding was the best they had ever been to and it's because of Linda, Tom and the entire Bryant Park Grill staff. If you want the best day of your life, pick Bryant Park Grill as your venue.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Gabrielle · Married on 10/07/2018

You cannot go wrong with Bryant Park Grill! It was truly the perfect setting for the happiest day of our lives! The professionalism and high standards of the staff put us at ease on the big day, and Kristi, Tom, and Renee tended to all of the details to ensure our guests had a memorable and fun experience. We received (and continue to receive) so many compliments on the food, the views, the space, the ambiance, and the top-notch service! As a bonus, the venue comes with a variety of great settings for photos. Worth every penny and more, especially when paired with a stay at Bryant Park Hotel. We cannot wait to celebrate anniversaries here for many years to come!!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Drew · Married on 10/01/2018

The Perfect NYC Venue

We remain in awe of how unbelievable our experience was with Bryant Park Grill for our October wedding. It's hard to know where to begin. The space is incredibly unique - you feel immersed in the City as you gaze out at it from any of the three spaces in the restaurant of which you can (and should) make use at your wedding. When combined with the top level of service BPG provides -- not to mention the amazing food -- the venue was everything we could have hoped for, and more.

From day 1, Kristi (our main BPG contact and coordinator extraordinaire) was incredibly thoughtful and helpful in shepherding us through the daunting wedding planning process. No detail was too small for her to address or advise on, and she looked out for our best interests every step of the way. She responded to all of our questions rapidly and completely, gave us a number of great ideas and suggestions, and made us feel at all times that everything was completely under control (which indeed it was).

A few days before our wedding, we met with both Kristi and Tom (who was our day-of point person and is the director of special events at BPG) to go over all of the details we had been providing them. The meeting was a pleasure -- they had already synthesized all of the information we had given them and seemed to know what we wanted better and in more specific detail than we did.

In the homestretch and on the wedding day itself, we could not have asked for anything more. There was not a single hiccup the entire day; everything worked perfectly. Kristi was our point person for all of our vendors, Tom and an army of incredible staff helped us unload a car-full of stuff for the wedding on the busy street in front of the restaurant, and in a few short hours between their lunch service and our wedding, they did a masterful job coordinating set-up.

The quality of the service matched the quality of the event itself. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was. The cuts of steak they served at dinner were steakhouse-like in quality and size. Various guests told us that they had never had better fish (branzino) at a wedding than they did at ours. Same went for the hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour and the incredible stations they set up for us. The standard bar offerings are also quite premium, and our guests were wow'ed by the selection. Tom and his team did a tremendous job at managing the flow of the wedding, from one space to the next. No one felt cramped or had to wait in a long line.

In a nutshell, the entire experience and venue could not have been better. If you are having a wedding of less than 200 people, you will not find a better venue in NYC. If you are thinking about having your wedding here, stop thinking and just do it. We could not recommend it more strongly.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Sophia · Married on 09/22/2018

We booked The Bryant Park Grill a year in advance. From the moment we booked Kristi was there for every need, concern, and question. I am a very type A person, especially when it comes to any type of event; let alone my wedding. I have been planning my wedding since I was little girl and I had a lot of questions but Kristi made those all disappear, and kept me calm during the process. As we got closer to the wedding I started to get more anxious and nervous and wanted everything to be as close to perfection as it could be. In came Tom and Kristi who are simply an amazing Team and in our final meeting the week of the wedding I went in feeling nervous and thinking how is everything going to flow!? The layout of our wedding was cocktail hour on the roof, dinner in the tented garden, and dancing and dessert in the main dining room. After that final meeting, I felt relaxed and calm as Kristi and Tom walked my parents and I through every detail. The day of the wedding I was hoping for things to be almost perfect when in fact the wedding was more than PERFECT. Tom and Kristi made every single request happen, and they did it flawlessly. It was simply magical and we owe it all to them and our wedding coordinator Allison. We did not have to worry about a single thing during the wedding. The food during cocktail hour, dinner and dessert was incredible. The staff was attentive and seriously five stars. The flow was timed perfectly. Every single detail was accomplished. In my opinion if you are looking to get married in New York City and want to actually feel like you are in New York City then this is the wedding venue for you. Besides Tom and Kristi being perfect, the city is your backdrop in every single part of Bryant Park Grill. Every other venue we looked at in the city was beautiful outside but inside just looked like every other ballroom or hall. We love Bryant Park Grill and we absolutely LOVE Kristi & Tom. They truly turned our dream into a reality!!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Jyothsna · Married on 08/26/2018

We had an amazing wedding at BPG! Kristi Ohlin is wonderful. She genuinely cared about understanding our expectations for an ideal wedding and was very accommodating of our requests. If it wasn't for her diligence and perseverance, we wouldn't have had our dream wedding at BPG :-) Tom and the event staff were fantastic on the big day, and managed everything smoothly. We highly recommend the venue, and the wonderful service that Kristi and Tom provided us.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Hirona G · Married on 08/25/2018

Highly Recommended!!!

The best time ever! We are more than happy that we picked this venue over any other places in NYC. The best decision we made. Kristi is great and most importantly throughout the preparation period, she made us so confident and comfortable with every detail. She is not only so professional but also very sweet and considerate making sure we are happy with each selection. We had the best time and so did our guests! Thank you Kristi and Tom for making our wedding party so special and the best ever!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Lindsay · Married on 08/04/2018

I met my husband in New York and we wanted a NYC wedding. We had been to the Bryant Park Grill for a friend's wedding and it was one of the BEST weddings we'd been to. It was a dream of ours to get married there and after discussing our budget and guest list, we went for it! The Bryant Park Grill was truly INCREDIBLE and breathtaking! My husband and I got married at a church but we had our cocktail hour on the roof that overlooks Bryant Park and we had dinner and dancing inside of the restaurant. We had 140 guests and we fit comfortably in the restaurant area and the rooftop. Everyone wanted to dance so the dance floor was packed the entire night but it made the evening so fun to be surrounded by family and friends in an intimate setting! The pictures we took both inside and around the venue were breathtaking (Dreamlife Photography / Angelo - main photographer) and if I had the chance to do this all over again, I would choose the Bryant Park Grill over and over again! My husband and I worked with Arthur who walked us through all of the logistics, menus, tastings, etc. Arthur was our go-to person and he was extremely helpful and informative throughout the process. For the day-of, we had an amazing coordinator, Tom, who was calm, kind, and extremely professional. Tom made me feel at east throughout the entire night and I felt so comfortable letting him take control over the wedding we had planned for so long! The only wish I had was that I had met Tom earlier so I could have planned more with him prior to the day-of. However, everything went WONDERFULLY! All staff members were extremely professional and have been working there for such a long time. It was so much fun getting to visit and dine at the restaurant leading up to the big day. That's one of the benefits of getting married at a restaurant - you can go back and try to relive the magic! My husband and I had the wedding of our DREAMS at the Bryant Park Grill!! I hope you can have the same beautiful experience!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Molly · Married on 06/23/2018

What can I say! We are still basking in the afterglow after the most perfect wedding at The Bryant Park Grill. From day one, Linda helped to manage every detail of our wedding and made sure everything was perfect. It was such a joy to work with her, she made our whole experience so positive (not to mention, she is the most responsive person on the planet! No email goes unanswered!) From the tasting to multiple walk throughs, Linda answered every question and made sure we were comfortable with everything planned.

Once we got to the day, Tom and his team were FANTASTIC. Honestly, they made our dreams come true. So professional, so calm and accommodating. Even our guests were commenting on how fantastic the staff were -- impeccable service with a smile, drinks always full, amazing food with massive portions.

I can't thank Bryant Park Grill enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. A million thanks to everyone who made it possible. If you're considering having a wedding here, do it!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Sheila · Married on 05/19/2018

We celebrated our wedding ceremony and reception at the Bryant Park Grill a few weeks ago and it was phenomenal. It was everything that we hoped for and envisioned! Not only did they provide exceptional service, but the food was so scrumptious that our guests were raving about it weeks after the wedding. These would not be possible without the help of Kristi, our Catering Sales Manager. From the beginning, she exemplified her professionalism and expertise which made the whole planning process seamless. She was very responsive to all my questions (so many of them) and respond to them very timely (even at 2 in the morning!) which is something that is really hard to find these days even from your own wedding vendors. She also gives you her own expert opinion and had given me so many suggestions that I could not even have thought of which made our wedding even so much better. She was there to guide us all throughout the planning process, and her flexibility with our requests made the whole experience enjoyable. A week prior to our event, we also met with Tom who is the Director of Special Events at BPG. Tom is a very charming guy and was so accommodating to our requests. His execution of all-the-months-of-planning that day was phenomenal and very flawless that there was no major glitch in our event. He made us feel at ease and we felt that we could really rely on him and he was successfully able to do so. Lastly, the excellent service of the staff that night at BPG was exceptional and we are really very happy about that.

If you have the chance to celebrate your wedding at Bryant Park Grill, they will definitely make your dreams a reality, and will make it even better than you’ve even dreamed of.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2018

The first time I visited the Bryant Park Grill as the possible reception venue for my wedding, I immediately fell in love. It was the perfect space for the wedding of our dreams. I met with Kristi who was beyond helpful and flexible from the beginning to the end. Kristi did an amazing job in managing our timeline, managing our expectations and giving us the necessary pushes to make decisions when they needed to be made. A few days before the wedding Kristi introduced us to Tom who was going to ensure our vision came to life the day of the wedding. The moment we met Tom we fell in love with him. Tom have us the assurance we needed that everything was going to flow smoothly on our wedding day. Tom allowed one of our vendors to come in a bit earlier then time agreed upon. Tom allowed us to make a decision on where to have our cocktail hour depending on the weather the day of the wedding which are decisions that are usually made way in advance! Tom was just amazing! The Bryant Park Grill staff was accommodating to our guest, the service was phenomenal all around. Last but certainly not the least, the food!! We couldn't believe the rave reviews we received about the food! The food from cocktail hour through the reception was plentiful and delicious! I can go on and on about the Bryant Park Grill, Kristi and Tom, but to believe it you have to experience it yourself! If you want to have the best wedding ever, the Bryant Park Grill and their team will make your dreams come true!

Sent on 05/02/2018

katie · Married on 01/04/2018

These are stunning photos and an amazing venue. My favorite place to buy wedding gifts and decor I always go to www.5thavestore.com. Check them out they are amazing!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Elisabeth · Married on 10/14/2017

Arthur and his team were amazing. I can't imagine anything that we would have changed. It is the most beautiful venue and the level of service and quality - including amazing food - could not have been better! The Bryant Park Grill is truly a gem in New York City offering outdoor space as well as a beautiful interior. We are just thrilled and can't thank the staff at BPG enough for making our wedding so special. xoxo, Beth & Danny

Sent on 11/03/2017

Patricia · Married on 10/07/2017

Sent on 10/11/2017

Allyson · Married on 10/07/2017

Our daughter's wedding this past weekend at Bryant Park Grill exceeded all expectations. Arthur Tarzy and Tom Ferretti were amazing to work with! They made the planning process fun and stress free, and everything went seamlessly the day of the wedding. They are true professionals who strove to make our event everything we could have hoped for. Other venues may have great food or great service or a great location, but Bryant Park Grill has it all. Our 175 guests raved about the exceptional food and thought the venue itself was beyond compare. Our ceremony was on the rooftop terrace, the cocktail hour, dancing and dessert were in the dining room, and the seated dinner was in the tented garden terrace. Having all three areas meant that nothing needed to be torn down and then reconfigured, which made transitioning from one part of the evening to the other seamless. We highly recommend Bryant Park Grill for anyone's special event. It is a truly beautiful, amazing venue and the food, from appetizer through dessert, was outstanding. Everyone was an absolute joy to work with and always responsive to any questions we had during the planning process.

Sent on 01/14/2018

Tracey · Married on 09/16/2017

This was the most perfect NYC venue in every way. Tom and Kristi were peerless in orchestrating a magical evening. Everything sparkled and the food was divine. Staff was wonderful. Yes, we had a vision, but they executed in spades. Can't praise this venue enough.

Sent on 09/20/2017
  • Y

Y · Married on 09/03/2017

We held our wedding reception at the Bryant Park Grill (BPG) in September 2017 and we absolutely, highly recommend it! The other reviewers' are 100% right----Kristi Ohlin, Tom Ferretti, and the rest of their staff were incredibly helpful, on top of the planning process, and really committed to making our reception the best possible. Our 150 reception was perfect---we held cocktails on the upstairs roof so our guests were able to be outside on a perfect summer evening and then people went down to the main dinning room for dinner and dancing. The food and service were impeccable. It felt intimate and really special! In looking back at the wedding process, I think having our reception at BPG was one of our best decisions for two reasons: 1) BPG works with you to figure out how to make your wedding special and 2) BPG executes a phenomenal evening. We didn't have a wedding planner and I didn't feel like I needed one because Kristi provided all the information I needed and was responsive to all the questions I had especially when things started to turn crazy in the wedding process. She was so calm and kind in giving me answers to all of the ridiculous questions. This might not seem important now but once you get into the thick of things and you are balancing conversations with several different vendors and personalities, it matters and it really differentiates good vendors from the bad. At the wedding reception, Tom and his staff were so attentive and ran the evening perfectly. He had absolute control over the evening's schedule and everything ran smoothly because of him. So, if you're interested in having your wedding in NYC for 150 people, you should really consider BPG.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Eric · Married on 08/19/2017

We had our wedding in August 19th, 2017. This venue is amazing and very unique. It is a garden/outdoorsy feel, but with sky scrappers and skyline around you. The value is very good when compared to other venues as well.

First, Kristi Ohlin was a gem every step of the way. She was very accommodating, attentive, professional and most of all, patient. She also helped with ideas and experienced vendors for the space.

The space was spectacular. We had our ceremony indoors, cocktail hour upstairs, dinner in the garden, and dancing in the indoor space. The food was amazing and all the guests were amazed by the level of service they got. I'd recommend the duck station for cocktail hour, it was a total hit.

Thank you Kristi and Bryant Park Grill for making our wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Joe · Married on 04/29/2017

The setting was lovely, right in the heart of Manhattan, overlooking the park and the skyscrapers. The food was Michelin quality, The restaurant the core elegant as can be.The service was timely and efficient. And Tom and Alex could not of been more Genial and accommodating in the way they went about managing the Wedding. I highly recommend the Bryant Park Grill.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Cate · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I had the best experience at Bryant Park Grill! Tom and Kristi made the whole process seamless, and we always felt like we were in great hands. Our guests repeatedly came up to us during and after the wedding to say how wonderful and classically New York the event was, and they also remarked on the top notch service. The food was delicious, the staff was beyond friendly, and Tom was there to make sure everything went off without a hitch (which it did!). He made sure the timing of everything was just right--from opening the doors at the ceremony and getting the bridal party in the right places to the band's introduction to the pace of the meal. It was absolute perfection--we couldn't have asked for a better wedding (or imagined one). I'm so happy we chose this as our venue! Also (bonus): It's located in the perfect spot to take photos. We had our shots in the park in front of the fountain, on the steps of the public library, and out by the lampposts that are just outside the restaurant (which is covered in ivy--also pretty in pics!). I also recommend if you choose this venue, have Vanessa at Verde Flowers do your flowers--she was so kind, so friendly, and so easy to work with, and she already does the flowers for the restaurant anyway so it was 100% seamless, and the flowers were beautiful. We can't thank Tom and Kristi enough!

Sent on 03/28/2017

We had our wedding reception for 150 people at Bryant Park Grill and it was the best night of our lives - we could not have had a more perfect venue or enjoyable planning experience than we had with BPG. Like every bride who has worked with Kristi and Tom, we were blown away by the level of customer service. I live in Washington, DC, so most of my planning was done via email and phone with Kristi, who seemed to respond to all of my emails within minutes - even when she was on vacation! I am a very Type A bride, and Kristi was patient, kind, and calming, never showing annoyance with my hundreds (literally) of questions. Kristi provided guidance and input on everything from vendor options (especially helpful since I was not in NYC) to food to event flow. Our menu tasting was a wonderful event on its own, and BPG was also very accommodating of vendor walk throughs (and walkthroughs when I was visiting and just wanted to see the gorgeous venue one more time).

We bought out the entire venue, and had cocktail hour on the roof, dinner in the tented garden, and dancing and dessert buffet inside the grill. It was perfection in every way. Tom, the event coordinator, was spectacular. He and Kristi are a seamless team, and went above and beyond to ensure that every special request and small detail we had was executed flawlessly - from flip flops for the dance floor to moving flower centerpieces from the garden to the grill after dinner, to the sparkler send off. We also tip our hats to the chef and staff, who created an incredible meal, great drinks (including a watermelon margarita slushy specialty cocktail), and superb customer service experience.

There is literally not a single thing I would have changed about the event space, service, or planning experience. Bryant Park Grill was a dream location with a dream team. Thank you Kristi, Tom, and colleagues!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Maribeth · Married on 08/20/2016

We looked at a number of venues to have our wedding in New York City, but it was Kristi Ohlin and her team that made us feel like we would be taken care of. No one gave us the feeling that they truly cared like Kristi did. She and Tom more than exceeded our expectations for our wedding in August 2016, We booked the entire venue for our wedding of 100 people. We had the cocktail hour on the roof, dinner and the dessert buffet in the grill and cigars and a photo booth in the garden. Our guests cannot stop talking about how great our wedding was at the Bryant Park Grill.
    Kristi was great in working with us and all of our vendors. She was always professional and extremely detailed and organized. She and Tom took care of every single detail including the bride and groom cocktails, the menu, happy birthday for my nephew and the groom’s son, sparkling cider for my nephews and step son.
    The service was wonderful the night of the event. The event flowed perfectly from the cocktail hour to dinner and dancing to the cake. For the cocktail hour, the hor d’oeurves kept coming out and our guests never had an empty glass. The food was a delicious. We had additional desserts brought in and Tom had them set up in a beautiful display. The Bryant Park Grill has very colorful chairs and we decided to go with lots of color for our flowers to play off the chairs. Also, we had votive and hurricane candles placed all along the windows for a very romantic feeling.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Richard · Married on 07/09/2016

When we first made the decision to get married in New York City, we cast a wide net to find the ideal location for our ceremony and reception. Near the top of our wish list was the Bryant Park Grill but like several of our other “dream” locations, I didn’t have high expectations we could make the math work.

However, after first contacting and then meeting with the catering manager, Kristi Ohlin, we realized that not only could we make it work, but that we had found someone who was ready, willing and able to help us put together what I can only describe as an enchanting and magical evening with our friends and loved ones.

We held our ceremony upstairs on the second floor roof garden and the reception downstairs in the main dining room. The beauty of the gardens, the flowers and great lawn of Bryant Park were an extension of the event spaces making both feel larger and grander than they would have in any other location.

The food was amazing. Kristi invited us to a special menu tasting where we were able to sample several different salads, appetizers, entrees and of course, desserts, along with a variety of house wines to help us come up with the perfect combination for the evening.

As our event date approached, Kristi was helpful in keeping us on track with a gentle nudge here and there when needed. She was always quick to answer any questions or concerns we had and let us plan a wedding with enough structure to keep the evening moving but without feeling like we were forced to follow a rigid or more traditional path.

On the night of our wedding, Kristi, her colleague Tom Ferretti (our special on-site coordinator) and the entire Bryant Park Grill staff executed flawlessly. Orders were taken quickly and discreetly. The food was plated and presented beautifully. Drink glasses were never empty for long. In short, we were well taken care of and all of our guests had a wonderful time. Thank you Kristi, Tom, and everyone at BPG!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Brian · Married on 05/21/2016

Bryant Park Grill was an excellent venue for our wedding day. Kristi and Tom were so great with everything from the very beginning. As a venue you will be hard pressed to find another place with such a great vibe of New York, in the middle of the city convenient to get to and beautiful for photos. The staff also worked so well with all of vendors, it just so happened that they all had known each other and had nothing but good things to say about everyone we had chosen and vice versa. The space had a great flow from the wedding ceremony on the roof to the cocktail hour also on the roof; we had chosen against the garden because it felt too public but it never felt over crowded. The staff kept us on time and had the bridal party on a good schedule; I never questioned our decision to not have a day of coordinator. The food was great from the cocktail hour to dinner and the gorgeous dessert table everything was perfect (even better than the tasting we had). The drinks were delicious as well, we had planned to have a wedding cocktail, a French75, it was classic refreshing and perfect every time. The outside of the building and the roof twinkling with lights that evening and even with the light rain everything was just absolutely beautiful, everything you would want and expect. Thank you so much to the team at Bryant Park Grill for helping make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 12/17/2016