Bryan the DJ Reviews

Bryan the DJ 5
Bryan the DJ 6
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 07/14/2019

Amazing Music the Entire Night!

We hired Bryan to play acoustic guitar for the ceremony and cocktail hour and then to DJ the rest of the night. Everyone LOVED him! From the beginning, I knew Bryan was the right DJ for us because he clearly takes a personalized approach to each wedding instead of just playing the typical mix of songs. The entire night, Bryan played music that we loved and got everyone dancing. It was like he knew exactly what we wanted to hear. He even took some unusual requests that made the night a blast. Besides being a great DJ, Bryan is also an extremely talented musician. I didn't start to cry until I heard him playing guitar. We couldn't recommend Bryan enough, he made our wedding an absolute blast!!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Miller · Married on 05/11/2019

Best dance party ever!

We had the best time at our wedding!! Bryan had everyone out on the dance floor all night. Best decision to hire him! He also played his guitar during our ceremony and cocktail hour. It did an amazing job!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Klarissia · Married on 04/28/2019

A passionate and incredible musician!

Bryan could not have been any more perfect for our wedding. We had a unique situation where our ceremony was offsite at Wingate Plantation and our reception was at Leon's Oyster Shed in downtown Charleston. Because of the location of Leon's, we were not able to have a DJ with a sound system like a traditional wedding. We still wanted to be able to have our traditional dances like first dance, mother/son, and father/daughter. He was able to coordinate with the event manager at Leon's to play over a smaller sound system that met the location regulatory requirements.

When we weren't having our formal dances we asked Bryan to play acoustic guitar for everyone. WOW! Bryan was incredible! He had so much passion and love in his playing. It was absolutely perfect for what we were looking for.

For one of the formal dances, the mother/son dance, my Mom and I decided to have a little fun. We danced first to a great Rod Stewart song that gave the crowd the impression of a traditional dance, but a minute in we surprised everyone with a switch over to a Bruno Mars song. We kept switching as we passed from the 2000's to the 80's. Bryan was fantastic in getting a single mashed-up track to us in advance so we could practice our coordinated dance moves. It could not have been any more perfect and we couldn't have done it without Bryan!

Bryan - thank you so much for all that you did to make our day special and memorable. Your friendliness, passion, and incredible service was amazing. We cannot recommend you enough!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Tha k you so much for this detailed and heartfelt review. I am so honored by your words and so grateful that you had me provide music at your wedding. Congrats again and best wishes!!!

Tess Crawford · Married on 04/25/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Bryan played exactly what we wanted and stayed away from what we didn’t want to hear, he was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 04/19/2019

Everything we hoped for, and more!

Working with Bryan for our wedding reception was one of the best decisions we made! The dance floor was NEVER empty - he did an amazing job of getting all of our guests on their feet and dancing all night long. As a bride, there is nothing better than looking around the dance floor and seeing everyone you love having the time of their lives. Thank you Bryan! We got compliments from guests of all ages on the music, and we thank Bryan so much for his guidance and expertise. We HIGHLY recommend booking Bryan for your wedding - easiest and best decision you'll make!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Christopher Futrell · Married on 03/16/2019

Book this dj!

After meeting Bryan for the first time, my now wife and I knew we needed him at our wedding! From DJ services to live acoustic performances, he offers everything you could want. Bryan's passion for what he does is clearly evident. He helped make our ceremony and reception incredible, and we received so many comments about how awesome he was! Book Bryan for your event, and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Chris

Sent on 04/04/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Chris thank you so much for this amazing review! I had an incredible time celebrating with you and Celeste 🙌🏻👏🏻🙏🕺❤️

Meghan · Married on 02/08/2019

The Best DJ

Bryan was absolutely perfect! The acoustic set for our ceremony was beautiful and every person at our reception was up on their feet. Our guests raved about him the rest of the weekend. He was so easy to work with and helpful! We definitely recommend Bryan!

Sent on 02/11/2019
  • Debolina

Debolina Saha · Married on 01/19/2019

The very best DJ!

I had a three day wedding ceremony combining rituals from different parts of India which meant different types of music and not just the typical Bollywood music that most people are familiar with. I was nervous trusting this task to just anyone but Bryan came to my absolute rescue. Being trained in Indian music (sitar playing) as well as being familiar with different parts of India, Bryan after a few email exchanges clearly got my vision! From my bridal entry music to my Mehendi, Bengali and Tamil wedding music, Bryan just hit the nail creating the right ambience with his tasteful music. Most of my guests felt transported back to India with the music Bryan created by his instrumental Shenai play, Rabindrasangeet and Tamil music. I was keen to bring to my guests flavours from different parts of India and Bryan executed that perfectly! He also went over and above his means to give me a perfect wedding with his music! My guests are still talking about his live sitar performance as well as the Bollywood mix he created for them to tap their toes! Bryan is the absolute best and I would most highly recommend him. Should you have any questions about him, please feel free to contact me.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Debs! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write this review ! I'm so happy to read your amazing words and to understand that I was able to meet your expectations. That is so so very important to me and you two giving me your trust and confidence to provide the music on this OH SO VERY IMPORTANT DAY is awesome and again, I'm overwhelmed and thrilled to receive your praise! I am grateful, humbled and hope to stay in touch with you two over the years to come! Best wishes to you both and thank you again for everything. I loved spending time with you both and meeting your friends and family! Absolutely an awesome weekend! xoxox Bryan the DJ
  • O

O’Brien Mcmahon · Married on 11/11/2018

Round Two, Just As Good

We used Bryan for our wedding two years ago and our guests raved about him. My brother just got married and hired Bryan again. Same result. He is passionate about making each event special (and he does). He takes your unique style and taste and blends it into an atmosphere that pulls in the whole crowd. We had three generations on the dance floor all night. Bryan’s the man.

• Kevin

Kevin Mcmahon · Married on 11/11/2018

Bryan is the man!

Best dj in town! Bryan provided awesome acoustic guitar music during our ceremony and cocktail hour and then absolutely slayed it while dj’ing the reception. He let us pick all our own music and then added his own twist to it all by creating mashups and blending songs on the spot. His energy clearly spilled out onto the dance floor as he had folks in their 80’s as well as in their 20’s dancing all night. He will not disappoint!

Donna · Married on 11/10/2018

Best. Dj. Ever!

Having been to a few weddings recently, we both agreed that the music is one of the most important parts of the whole wedding. Bryan played guitar for both the ceremony and cocktail hour then made his way inside and kept everyone dancing the whole night with his high energy and awesome mixes! We couldn’t be happier with the whole experience and would absolutely recommend Bryan to all of our friends!

Meredith · Married on 11/09/2018

The best DJ

Bryan did an amazing job!!! He was very flexible and easy to communicate with. We were overwhelmed with wedding planning and did not give him very good direction as to what type of music we wanted. He took what little direction we gave him and made it great! He is really good at reading the crowd and accepting requests. All of our guests loved him and complimented us on the music!

Derek Kelly · Married on 11/09/2018

Bryan the DJ is the Man Your Wedding Needs

Being an incredible DJ is one thing, but being that and having an awesome vibe and personality puts you in an elite class of entertainers. Bryan works to the crowd phenomenally and is definitely a party-starter. He was even better than advertised!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/08/2018

Talented & a great person!

Bryan & his work are top notch. He beautifully played the acoustic guitar and helped bring our day to life. He took time to familiarize himself with our favorite songs and expertly executed a mix of french, spanish, and english language music. When you first meet/talk with Bryan you instantly feel his passion. Absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Melissa Bergerud · Married on 10/23/2018

Bryan Mahanes- Charleston’s Best DJ!

Best DJ!!! Bryan is absolutely the best DJ in S.C. We asked Bryan to DJ at our wedding and we were so impressed! Many of our guests came up to us throughout the night to tell us how great our DJ was. He could really read the crowd and knew if a song just wasn’t right, when to play a fast song, when to play a slow song, and his transitions into the next song were always so smooth. We also loved that he really worked with us before the wedding to know what we liked and what we were looking for.
    We also hired Bryan to play the acoustic guitar along with a violinist for the ceremony. The music was so beautiful and we were so thrilled with quality and how well they worked together. He is a very talented guitar player! If you are considering booking Bryan to play at the ceremony, definitely do it! You will not regret it. Hands down, best DJ!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Amy

Amy Bergmann · Married on 10/14/2018

So. Amazing.

Simply speaking with Bryan brings a smile to your face, but getting to his music. Working with someone who has a passion for their work makes a world of difference and that is Bryan. You know you picked a good one when numerous guests ask if you can bring the DJ with you for the rest of the day, and shared how much they loved the music. We had quite an array of age groups attend our wedding and all had a blast. For me, the thing that sets Bryan above any other choice isn't just his personality, but his talent. We had the option of an acoustic set for our ceremony and cocktail hour. This truly fit our setting and our perfect wedding day. Switch to the reception and Bryan DJ'd an assortment of tunes that got ourselves and our guests moving. It was awesome!

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 10/12/2018

Killed it!!

He killed it!!!! Never been to a wedding with a DJ nearly as good! No question he is the best around. He’s so sweet too made you feel so important. Can’t thank Bryan enough our friends are still talking about him

Sent on 10/17/2018

lynne · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing!! You won't be disappointed

I can't write enough about our DJ experience with Bryan..We had a quaint wedding of approx 80 ppl at the Wickliffe house in Charleston SC. First, leading up to the wedding Bryan and his company always responded quickly and were in complete control with dates, examples and pure professionalism. The day of wedding Bryan was prompt on setting up and ready to roll. All if our songs thru the ceremony were correct and perfect. Sound was also adjusted perfectly. Then, the party!! Bryan had everyone involved and I don't think the dance floor was every empty, oh yes it was,....at the end of the nite after everyone left. My son wanted to do a song for his sister, so before you know it, Bryan grabs his guitar and the song was perfect..great nite, great company, super professional..you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Vinca · Married on 10/07/2018

BRYAN MAHANES IS THE BEST DJ ON THIS PLANET! Don't think twice about it, just hire him immediately. He literally blew the roof off my Indian/American reception, and it was seriously SO UNFORGETTABLE. I attended EIGHT weddings this year, including my own, and NONE of them came even remotely close to the amount of fun that was had on the dance floor.

Half of our guests were Indian and the other half were American, so we wanted a mix of music -- any INDIAN BRIDES, LOOK NO FURTHER! He knows Indian music like the back of his hand and EVERYONE (I mean everyone) danced to it, including my very Indian dad and also my very NOT Indian father in law. He knows how to read the crowd and keep the hype going, and there were LITERALLY no breaks in hype--guests that got on the dance floor when he started the music DID NOT get off until the fireworks. My friends from DC wanted the contact information of Bryan for their own weddings. Even my Indian mom, who is so skeptical of wedding vendors, was totally in love with his style and thought he was completely worth it!

He is also the NICEST person, and SO unbelievably easy to work with. He responds so fast to emails, phone, text, working with your other vendors, you name it. He has so many skills, for my wedding he not only DJ'd but also played the sitar, played the Indian ceremony music, and provided a mobile baraat, which was fantastic. All my friends and guests raved about Bryan and I would pick him again and again. He is truly worth every penny and will make your entertainment absolutely unforgettable. Bryan Mahanes is the coolest DJ!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Kristen Carr · Married on 10/06/2018

Just the BEST !

I don't even know where to begin. Bryan was INCREDIBLE ! Honestly, the moment some of my bridesmaids and I stumbled on Bryan online searching for a DJ, we just knew it was going to be a great fit! I was very nervous selecting all of my vendors because our wedding was out of town for us. So we had no one to really ask, "Hey who did you use for flowers, music, ect". However the moment I spoke to Bryan I was reassured it was going to be a perfect fit! Bryan was very easy to work with leading up to the wedding. Then at the wedding, Bryan played his acoustic guitar during our ceremony and it was just magical. Following our ceremony he DJ our reception. He was everything we dreamed of and more! I kept thinking throughout the night, wow I love this song, and I love this song! It was just he perfect progression of music and there were always people on the dance floor! I think after our wedding the most compliments we received were about Bryan. THANK YOU BRYAN! It would not have been the same without you !

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Brian

Brian Clabby · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Wedding Decision Ever

Bryan absolutely killed it for my wedding! All expectations were exceeded, I didn't think it was possible to have this much fun with a DJ instead of a band, but boy was I wrong. 12 out of 10 rating; would recommend to anyone in the Carolina's. Working with him throughout was extremely easy and professional. His guitar playing during the ceremony was beautiful and his DJing throughout the night was absolutely perfect. The second I heard him play the guitar I could instantly tell how talented and passionate he is.

As a guitarist and DJ myself, I was naturally worried about how the music would be for my wedding as I (unfortunately) have a very picky taste! Bryan took into account our entire wedding vision, requested songs/genres, a large 'do-not-play-list', and kept the dance floor at a high energy the entire time. Not only was the song selection on fire spreading across so many genres, but Bryan's skills on the turntable were extraordinary, mixing / mashing so many great tunes. He even played lounge/jazz during the cocktail hour and it set the mood better than I could have ever pictured. The guests also loved the photo-booth!

Throughout the night and during the after party / brunch, everyone we spoke to mentioned how unbelievable Bryan was (young and old!). We are still getting compliments! "How did you find that DJ??" was said over and over.

Thank you Bryan for making our wedding the best night ever and choosing you as our entertainment was the cherry on top.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Laura · Married on 09/01/2018

If you are looking for someone who can play acoustic guitar and DJ the reception...
    BRYAN. IS. YOUR. GUY!

His professionalism and talent are something you will not be disappointed with.

He is so friendly and made my sister and her hubby's day one to remember! (Even though they both hate to dance!;))

He also made it possible to hook up my piano keyboard and mic in order for me to sing an original song for the happy couple. H set up my keys and everything so I didn't have to worry about levels or placement before the wedding.

Thanks for everything Bryan!

EVERYONE GO BOOK THIS GUY!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Haley · Married on 08/18/2018

I cannot give enough positive feedback about my recent experience with Bryan! As a wedding planner, I have the opportunity to work with MANY wedding DJ's and bands. Bryan is hands down the best DJ I have ever worked with! From day one of inquiring for my clients to the final moments of breakdown after the wedding, he has responsive, thorough, thoughtful, and all-around super positive and fun to work with! There are many talented musicians and vendors, but there are some things that cannot be taught. You either "get it" or you don't. You can either read a crowd or you can't. You either have fabulous taste and instinct for pairing songs, transitioning from one to the next.. or you don't. Bryan gets it! The result - a packed dance floor all night long and a bride & groom who have the perfect night to remember surrounded by family and friends! Thank you, Bryan!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Susan · Married on 06/16/2018

I can't say enough wonderful things about OtherBrother Entertainment and DJ Bryan!! From booking with him to our wedding reception, our whole experience was amazing. We were coming from out of town and I didn't really know much about Charleston. I contacted OtherBrother Entertainment because of the awesome reviews. I talked with DJ Bryan and from the very beginning he was professional, knowledgeable, relaxed but still thorough. We talked about what music my husband and I wanted at our reception and what we were looking for. He was so personable and made us feel that he was genuinely excited to be a part of our special day. When it came time for our wedding he was incredible. He played guitar during our cocktail hour, which I'm actually really sad we missed because our guests loved it! Then he knocked our reception out of the park! Everyone was dancing for almost the whole time, which is exactly what we wanted. He really made our reception! We are still getting compliments over how amazing our DJ was! I would highly recommend OtherBrother Entertainment and especially DJ Bryan. He really was the best and surpassed all of our expectations! We also booked a photo booth with them, and our guests loved that as well! It's so much fun to see all the pictures and everyone having a great time!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/07/2018

We don't even know where to start... Bryan is such an amazing DJ and so incredibly talented at what he does! My husband and I are destination wedding videographers and we have seen/worked with our fair share of DJ's and bands over the years and across the United States. Bryan is without a doubt one of the most talented DJ's we have ever worked with; he caters the music to the crowd and constantly engages the guests. He made our job easy, not once did we have to make the dance floor "look like it was full", as it was ALWAYS packed! From the moment the dancing began all the way until the send off, practically every guest was out on the dance floor. Prior to the dancing he was incredibly accommodating to the other vendors making sure we were ready and prepared before he announced anything, assuring we along with the photographers never missed anything. He was professional and clearly enjoys what he does, and it truly reflects on his work. We could not speak more highly of Bryan, we were so blown away by his talent and ability!

Sent on 08/13/2018