Bryan the DJ Reviews

68 | Charleston, SC

68 Reviews for Bryan the DJ

Melissa Thompson · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Professional and great to work with

I'm a wedding planner in Hilton Head Island and worked with DJ Bryan for a recent wedding that my clients hired. He was great on the guitar for the ceremony/cocktail hour and then was amazing as the emcee/DJ throughout the reception. He played a great assortment of songs for all age groups. Everyone was dancing the whole night! I would definitely recommend him and would love to work with him again!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Cecile

Cecile Ogden · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Fantastic DJ, Guitarist, Emcee

Bryan was the BEST DJ for my daughter's wedding! Very easy and fun to work with. He is a fantastic guitarist as well. He provided the audio for our ceremony and reception dinner and emcee' d the celebration for us. Energetic and outgoing - a terrific event with Bryan Mahanes in the house!!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Gabrielle Partridge · Getting married on 07/12/2021

The most fun DJ ever!

I can't say enough great things about Bryan -- he is an incredibly fun DJ and just an all-around great guy! He kept the dance floor packed all night and everyone still talks about how much fun his playlist was. It was exactly what we wanted! If you want your crowd to really dance the night away, book his services stat!

Sent on 01/02/2021
  • Tamara

Tamara Cook · Getting married on 02/10/2021

No One Better than BRYAN the DJ!

DJ Bryan Mahanes was AWESOME! He seriously was SO much fun and brought a party to our party! He got everyone on the dance floor, even those that don't like to dance! After giving him a few ideas of what we liked prior to the wedding, he was able to select great song choices based on our taste! He was great at doing remixes, adding in his own, and playing the "popular/chorus" parts of great songs. He COMPLETELY exceeded my expectations! I initially thought I wanted to hire a band because that's what I thought would be "more fun" but I am SO happy I got a DJ and went with Bryan. Having a DJ allows you to choose exactly what you and your guests like and the possibilities are endless. I HIGHLY recommend Bryan and wish we could relive that night!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Tamara! Thank you thank you for taking the time to leave this AMAZING review :) I am so grateful!!! Best wishes to you both!!

Abigail · Married on 12/06/2020

The best DJ out there!

We loved having Bryan as our DJ! He literally kept the dance floor full the entire time!!! Only complaint guests had were that they were enjoying dancing and the music so much they forgot to eat cake... which I think is the best thing ever. Bryan also played guitar during our cocktail hour and it was the perfect touch to an already perfect evening. Lastly, Bryan was super flexible.. last minute we asked if he would help provide accompaniment for our violinist and it turned out fantastic.. you can’t go wrong choosing Bryan.

Sent on 12/10/2020

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Abigail! I love this review :) haha! so good, and so happy that you are not mad that people didn't eat cake!! lol, thanks again for having me. I had an incredible time!!!
  • Alex

Alex Lenar · Married on 11/22/2020

Best Wedding DJ!!!

If you want to have a rocking wedding with a extremely talented musician and DJ, book Bryan Mahanes! As a bride who planned my own wedding, Bryan made the DJ/music process a piece of cake. I highly recommend booking him for guitar during cocktail hour too!!! He even played guitar in addition to 2 of my family members playing live music with him (piano and viola) and provided all the equipment and stands. Bryan took time out of his day leading up to the wedding to have calls with us and go over timeline etc. He's a hands on DJ, knows how to read a crowd, and is a super talented musician! He kept us dancing all night!

From a planning perspective I really appreciated that he sent over a timeline form for us to fill out of songs to play/not play, entrance exit songs, what type of vibe we want etc. Byran took this form and added his musical abilities and made our wedding a HUGE HIT. He kept us on-timeline which I really appreciated too.

Thank you Bryan - our day was a hit because of you!

Sent on 09/14/2020

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Alex, I love you guys so much. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Wedding Wire peeps. Your review is amazing and I am so grateful! And I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats!! You are MARRIED!!!! xoxox

Kim Smith · Married on 11/15/2020

Perfect wedding and reception. Bryan was a big part of the magical day.

Exceeded our expectations!! Bryan played guitar for the wedding ceremony and during cocktail hour. Great music. The reception was over the top. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Thanks so much Kimberly! I loved it!!!! What a beautiful event and fun evening. I had a blast celebrating with your and your daughter and her new hubby!! Thank you thank you!!
  • Rickiann

Rickiann Hamilton · Married on 10/15/2020

Outstanding Talent!

Big Thanks to Brian Mahanes and Other Brother Entertainment!!! Brian was beyond incredible. We had him play acoustic guitar for our pre-ceremony cocktail hour, our ceremony and a second cocktail hour. Then, he switched to DJ for reception. Book this guy…I had so many guests comment on Brian. His guitar skills are impressive and he’ll definitely stand out. He is very talented, very professional AND, SO MUCH FUN. You will love his vibe! Let him know what you’re looking for, and he will deliver. He knows how to read the crowd, get people on the dance floor and keep them dancing all night long. In addition to the entertainment, he supplied the audio for our ceremony, announcements and speeches, and also provided the up-lighting element for the ballroom. The sound was amazing and the room was beautiful. Our wedding was such a blast and we couldn’t have imagined a better celebration. Brian…you are the best! Thank you again!

Sent on 11/09/2020

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Rickiann! Thank you so much for this amazing REVIEW :). I loved celebrating with you and your family! So fun and amazing people. Congrats to you both !! xoxox Bryan
  • Tomi

Tomi Dinkins · Married on 10/07/2020

Hire this guy for sure!

I had the pleasure of working with Bryan during a wedding in July 2020, right in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic! As a wedding planner myself I am accustomed to being the one that is moving around the most ensuring the event goes exactly as planned. But on this night I can honestly say Bryan was hustling around the event as much as I was! With the sq ft restrictions for the number of people that can be in one space at one time he literally had to be in 2 places at once for most of the night. To ensure we followed government parameters with social distancing he was required to set up in 4 different places to ensure all guests were regaled by entertainment; 2 of which included his own personal & lovely guitar playing. This guy handled it all with such poise and professionalism, not to mention just an overall positive and fun attitude. By the time the dance floor officially opened the guests were all on their feet, both young and old, and for those brief hours they were able to escape the anxiety and stress that 2020 has brought on us all. When I say this guy can do it all, I mean it 100%! It would be a pleasure to work with Bryan again, as I am certain he is an integral part of helping make a couple's wedding dreams a reality. Hire this guy for sure!

Sent on 09/04/2020

Loraine Cook · Married on 09/09/2020

Trust me - you need bryan the dj!

As a wedding professional and wedding planner in the Charleston area, I highly recommend Bryan for any event! Although I've known him for years, he constantly surprises me with a unique "something" each event. Always responsive to text messages, phone calls and emails. Timely for a clean set-up and flexible to "roll with the punches" during an event. 5 stars ALL THE WAY with Bryan the DJ!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Loraine! Thank you so much for this Industry Review! I appreciate your words so very much! I hope to work with you very soon!!
  • Corrie

Corrie Silvers · Married on 08/01/2020

Best dj ever!

As an event planner, I knew that one day when I got married that Bryan HAD to be my DJ. As a matter of fact, he was the first person I contacted when I got engaged to find out his availability before selecting my wedding date. HE IS THAT GOOD!! Bryan is more than just an awesome DJ though, he is an amazing person with the very best attitude! As a matter of fact, due to Covid, we had to postpone our wedding and then cancel our reception all together. I was so distraught and when I reached out to Bryan with the news, he took it upon himself to contact some other venues to try and help me. I just can't say enough about how awesome he is and what an absolute treasure it was to have him at my reception. Oh, and my reception ended up being right on the beach, in the sand, and he was there every second and my guests danced up a storm! It could not have been better!

Sent on 10/31/2020

Courtney Donnelly · Married on 07/25/2020

Bryan is the best!

Bryan is THE BEST! He made our wedding so much fun! He played every song we requested as a must play and literally rocked the house! He played live guitar for our ceremony and cocktail
    hour which was so awesome - We have received so many compliments! He was also so flexible when we had to reschedule our wedding due to COVID. Bryan is truly one of a kind and very talented. We cannot recommend him enough!!

Sent on 08/05/2020

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Courtney!! Thank you so much for an awesome review! Love you guys! Congrats and best wishes with all! :) Take care, Bry
  • Kelly

Kelly Walsh · Married on 05/02/2020

The absolute best!

DJ Bryan was everything we wanted and more!!! He was a rockstar throughout the whole night. He played acoustic guitar during the ceremony and cocktail hour and then amazing music during the reception. Because of Covid we had to spread the wedding out a bit and DJ Bryan was a trooper and played in 4 different locations throughout the night. So many of my guest came up to me later and said “that was ONE guy!!???” He played music that made everyone dance, it was perfect. I HIGHLY recommend Bryan the DJ, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/14/2020

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Thank you Kelly! You and Trey were amazing and your friends and family made me feel a part of the family! Congrats and have a blast on your honeymoon!!!!! xoxox Bryan the DJ

Judy Mulligan · Married on 03/11/2020

Bryan the DJ was amazing

Bryan the DJ was outstanding! Our guests never left the dance floor Highly recommend

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 02/28/2020

you're crazy to not hire DJ Bryan!

Bryan ROCKS! From our first phone conversation I could tell he was laid back, fun, and incredibly passionate about his work. He played the acoustic guitar during our ceremony and cocktail hour and his playing was absolutely beautiful-I received so many comments from guests that they couldn’t believe all the music (from acoustic to DJ’ing) was the same guy and how impressed they were with how effortlessly he transitioned everything throughout the day. At the reception- HE.BROUGHT.THE.PARTY! Every song was better than the last and we couldn’t get off the dance floor! He transitions between music perfectly, so no song ever played too long and he catered to everyone in the room happy and dancing all night. So many of our friends asked if he would be willing to fly to California, or NH, etc to play at their weddings because he was literally THE BEST DJ I’ve ever had at any wedding I’ve been to. He was also a great MC which was important to me in keeping up the mood and getting people pumped, which he did! I read all his reviews prior to hiring him and they are all dead on- he is the absolute best- TRUST THE REVIEWS PEOPLE! Thank you so much Bryan for giving me the reception of my dreams!

Sent on 03/12/2020

Madeleine Keheley Green · Married on 12/31/2019

Perfection

Bryan is AMAZING!!! He was the DJ at our Gatsby New Years Eve Wedding and knocked it out of the park. I knew I needed someone to get the party started and Bryan did not disappoint. Not only is he amazing at his job he is an amazing person on top of that!!! You won’t regret hiring him for all your music needs!!!

Sent on 02/06/2020

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Madeleine!! Congratulations and thank you for having me at your wedding ceremony and reception! It was insanely good! It was EPIC!! I loved it!! You did an amazing job planning and I was honored to be there! Thank you for the awesome review :)

Hannah Shapiro · Married on 11/02/2019

Didn’t stop dancing!

Couldn’t have better things to say about Bryan. We had very specific music requests and he nailed them! All of our guests were on the dance floor for 4+ hours straight - they barley ate their dinner - and are still raving about the music!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Hannah! I hope your honeymoon was out of this world! :) I thank you both for having me. It was insanely good and I loved celebrating with you and all your family and friends! Congrats!! xox Bryan the DJ

kara · Married on 10/19/2019

The best dj out there

DJ or band? Band or DJ? I think most couples face this question from the beginning of wedding planning. With Bryan - we actually didn’t have to choose! Bryan is not only a very talented DJ, he also plays acoustic guitar. We booked Bryan for our October 5th wedding and he played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour and then DJ’d the reception.

We can’t even begin to tell you how many guests even just after the ceremony, were commenting and complimenting how talented and awesome he was! He even learned a song on the guitar for me, which was a surprise for my now husband. And he killed it!

He kept the crowd on their feet all night long while DJ’ing our reception. He was so good, he even had my husband and I in the air when some of the groomsman lifted us up for the last song…our guests even tried convincing Bryan to stay and keep playing. No one wanted to night or the jams to end.

Bryan was professional, fun, able to read the crowd and just a cool guy. If you are debating DJ or band — DEFINITELY BOOK BRYAN, because he’s really the best of both worlds. It was truly the best day ever and most fun wedding and a lot of that was due to Bryan. We can’t thank you enough!

Side note: we booked DJ Bryan through Other Brother Entertainment. Shout out to Trey and Ian from OBE who were so easy and professional to work with. They answered all of my questions in a timely manner.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Kara! I am so grateful for your review :) Thank you so much for having me. I had an amazing time and loved meeting all your family and friends. Best wishes to you two and thank you again for taking the time to write this amazing testimonial! :)
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 07/14/2019

Amazing Music the Entire Night!

We hired Bryan to play acoustic guitar for the ceremony and cocktail hour and then to DJ the rest of the night. Everyone LOVED him! From the beginning, I knew Bryan was the right DJ for us because he clearly takes a personalized approach to each wedding instead of just playing the typical mix of songs. The entire night, Bryan played music that we loved and got everyone dancing. It was like he knew exactly what we wanted to hear. He even took some unusual requests that made the night a blast. Besides being a great DJ, Bryan is also an extremely talented musician. I didn't start to cry until I heard him playing guitar. We couldn't recommend Bryan enough, he made our wedding an absolute blast!!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Miller · Married on 05/11/2019

Best dance party ever!

We had the best time at our wedding!! Bryan had everyone out on the dance floor all night. Best decision to hire him! He also played his guitar during our ceremony and cocktail hour. It did an amazing job!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Klarissia · Married on 04/28/2019

A passionate and incredible musician!

Bryan could not have been any more perfect for our wedding. We had a unique situation where our ceremony was offsite at Wingate Plantation and our reception was at Leon's Oyster Shed in downtown Charleston. Because of the location of Leon's, we were not able to have a DJ with a sound system like a traditional wedding. We still wanted to be able to have our traditional dances like first dance, mother/son, and father/daughter. He was able to coordinate with the event manager at Leon's to play over a smaller sound system that met the location regulatory requirements.

When we weren't having our formal dances we asked Bryan to play acoustic guitar for everyone. WOW! Bryan was incredible! He had so much passion and love in his playing. It was absolutely perfect for what we were looking for.

For one of the formal dances, the mother/son dance, my Mom and I decided to have a little fun. We danced first to a great Rod Stewart song that gave the crowd the impression of a traditional dance, but a minute in we surprised everyone with a switch over to a Bruno Mars song. We kept switching as we passed from the 2000's to the 80's. Bryan was fantastic in getting a single mashed-up track to us in advance so we could practice our coordinated dance moves. It could not have been any more perfect and we couldn't have done it without Bryan!

Bryan - thank you so much for all that you did to make our day special and memorable. Your friendliness, passion, and incredible service was amazing. We cannot recommend you enough!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Tha k you so much for this detailed and heartfelt review. I am so honored by your words and so grateful that you had me provide music at your wedding. Congrats again and best wishes!!!

Tess Crawford · Married on 04/25/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Bryan played exactly what we wanted and stayed away from what we didn’t want to hear, he was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 04/19/2019

Everything we hoped for, and more!

Working with Bryan for our wedding reception was one of the best decisions we made! The dance floor was NEVER empty - he did an amazing job of getting all of our guests on their feet and dancing all night long. As a bride, there is nothing better than looking around the dance floor and seeing everyone you love having the time of their lives. Thank you Bryan! We got compliments from guests of all ages on the music, and we thank Bryan so much for his guidance and expertise. We HIGHLY recommend booking Bryan for your wedding - easiest and best decision you'll make!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Christopher Futrell · Married on 03/16/2019

Book this dj!

After meeting Bryan for the first time, my now wife and I knew we needed him at our wedding! From DJ services to live acoustic performances, he offers everything you could want. Bryan's passion for what he does is clearly evident. He helped make our ceremony and reception incredible, and we received so many comments about how awesome he was! Book Bryan for your event, and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Chris

Sent on 04/04/2019

Bryan the DJ's reply:

Chris thank you so much for this amazing review! I had an incredible time celebrating with you and Celeste 🙌🏻👏🏻🙏🕺❤️

Meghan · Married on 02/08/2019

The Best DJ

Bryan was absolutely perfect! The acoustic set for our ceremony was beautiful and every person at our reception was up on their feet. Our guests raved about him the rest of the weekend. He was so easy to work with and helpful! We definitely recommend Bryan!

Sent on 02/11/2019