Bryan Sargent Photography Reviews

21 | New York, NY

21 Reviews for Bryan Sargent Photography

Rachel W. · Married on 02/27/2020

Incredible photographer

I met Bryan a few years ago at my friend's wedding. I absolutely loved the way her photos turned out, so Bryan was my first choice for my own wedding. Bryan is so relaxed, kind, and easygoing throughout an entire day of taking photos that you don't even notice how attuned he is to getting the perfect shot until you see the photos afterward. There were a lot of details in wedding planning that I wasn't very interested in, but finding the right photographer was important to me--after your wedding day, the photos are all that you have to remind you of everything. I'm also a bit self-conscious when it comes to being the subject of any photo, but Bryan never made me feel like I was "posing." It all just felt very natural and fun and loose. Our photos are absolutely beautiful, more incredible than I imagined, and I will treasure them forever. I can't recommend Bryan enough to anyone looking for a fantastic, talented photographer.

Sent on 03/04/2020

Miranda · Married on 10/06/2018

Memorable images

We just had our wedding at the Rowsley Estate in Scarsdale and can not be happier we chose to work with Bryan on our big day. Although he was on our venue's list, we went over all wedding websites to search for the right photographer whose work suited our style: real, vivid and candid images with rich contrast of colors. After seeing that Bryan's work fit our style and we thought he was very personable and pleasant to work with after meeting him, we booked him for our wedding day. We just got our pictures back and we are ecstatic to see he delivered exactly what we were looking for! The images truly captured the moments, genuine emotions and the candid shots were simply amazing!! We are sharing the pictures with our friends and they are all saying "your photographer did such a great job!". Thanks so much Bryan and we will definitely work with you if we have any other special occasions in the future!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2018

Bryan has been an incredible vendor and person to work with throughout our engagement and on the wedding day. We were referred to him through several friends who had wonderful experiences with him and loved his photography style. Our pictures came out beautifully and we are incredibly impressed with how he captured all of the special little moments throughout the day. Bryan manages to be everywhere and document everything, but is never intrusive and we never felt pushed or crowded. In addition to being talented, Bryan is also super friendly and both of our families were impressed with his flexibility and cheerful personality. We are beyond happy with our photos and highly recommend choosing Bryan for your wedding photography!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Lea · Married on 04/05/2018

Bryan is really the best! He is an amazing photographer and my wedding photos are gorgeous and exactly what I want. He has an ability to figure out and find the best and coolest shots! He's also really the nicest, calmest, and friendliest person I may have ever met. Everything was so easy and simple involving photography because Bryan was on it. He's a pro and a genuine person and my pictures are absolutely stunning!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Samantha · Married on 12/09/2017

I’m so glad we chose Bryan for our wedding at Brooklyn Winery. He took absolutely amazing pictures - his style is really distinctive and gives the photos a very unique, artistic look. Not only that, but he had them to us within a week! Which was perfect, because all you want to do after your wedding is relive it by looking at the pictures! We’re so thankful to Bryan for capturing all the special moments of our day. He did a great job photographing almost everyone who attended our wedding, and catching really special moments without being obtrusive or pushy. A joy to work with, and highly recommended!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/09/2017

Bryan is the best! When my husband and I were initially looking for a wedding photographer, we sent around a few emails to different photographers throughout NYC/Hudson Valley…Bryan was the only one we met with! We knew from that first meeting (and one look at his work) that he was the right choice for our wedding...and we were right! From the engagement photo shoot in our neighborhood in Brooklyn to our wedding day a few weeks back in the Hudson Valley, Bryan captured amazing photos that we will cherish for a lifetime.

When my husband and I were looking through our photos the other day, we were amazed to see just how much Bryan captured. He was truly everywhere. He captured every single angle of the wedding ceremony and countless shots of us getting down on the dance floor. He even managed to capture my signature dance move, “the hair flip” and some adorable photos of my nephew (who is a wiggly 6-month old). His photos made us feel as though we were back at our wedding and reliving every wonderful moment. Bryan is amazing and we cannot say enough about his kindness, professionalism, and bad-ass photography skills. Thanks, Bryan!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Amy · Married on 10/09/2016

We are so glad we found Bryan! He is kind, responsive, and incredibly reasonable (I couldn't believe how much less he cost than other photographers in NYC). But he's talented! He did a super job on our engagement photos, helped put us at ease and got great results for us. And he is FAST! We know he'll do a fantastic job on our wedding day soon. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 06/12/2016

Bryan was amazing!!! He was so easy to work with, always making us feel comfortable in front of the camera. The quality of his shots are bar none, so clear, we love that he uses natural light for his shots! We are so happy with his word, we would recommend him to anyone. We definitely plan on using him in the future for any other events!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Pilar · Married on 04/28/2016

Bryan Sargent is amazing! My husband and I knew we wanted a photographer who could capture our intimate wedding without us having to worry about posing for photos. Bryan did just that. He captured our special day beautifully.

Bryan is genuinely a great guy and a joy to work with. Thank you Bryan for your excellent work and for perfectly capturing the most important day of our lives!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Christina · Married on 04/08/2016

You have to book Bryan Sargent. Beyond being an amazing photographer, he is a truly genuine person and artist. His calm demeanor and professionalism will put you at ease. We love our photos so much that we look at them almost every day (we've only been married for a few weeks!). From making us comfortable at our engagement shoot, we felt he got to know us as a couple and really cared about what we were trying to capture. He was also our witness when we decided to get legally ( and secretly) married at City Hall in NYC a few weeks before our actual big wedding day. This is all coming from a person who never expected to love being a bride or have a wedding, so if he can win me over, then working with Bryan is a no brainer. We feel so grateful to have found him.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Pamela · Married on 04/01/2016

My heart just melted with joy upon receiving our wedding photos from Bryan, as he truly captured the love and the magic of the day! I look through them and have these amazing tangible reminders of such an incredible evening. I remember reviewing his portfolio and thinking would I have such amazing photos as well? And Bryan did not disappoint!!! Not only does Bryan have an amazing eye as a photographer, but he is a fantastic person to work with. He is easy going, on top of everything (always quick to respond to any question I would shoot his way) and during the night of the wedding he was everywhere with out knowing he was there! Seriously, without interrupting the flow of the evening at all, Bryan captured everything from the most intimate gestures to the important events throughout our ceremony and reception. Bryan is a truly gifted as a photojournalistic wedding photographer and we would highly recommend him to anyone looking for such a photographer. I sit and look again and again at the photos and am in awe of how in a still photograph Bryan was able to capture the soul of the evening.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Rachel · Married on 11/21/2015

We found Bryan through a recommendation and after meeting him knew right away that he was a perfect fit for us. Bryan was always responsive and his preference to meet us in person was very much appreciated and made the process even better. We started with engagement pictures (included in his cost), getting comfortable in front of the camera and learning Bryan's style - and we had such a blast. When the wedding date came up, Bryan was really helpful when we needed advice on pre-wedding photos. He was a great person to have around on the day of the wedding - professional, yet fun. We knew he would capture the day perfectly. He also worked really well with the videographer we hired. Did I mention you get all of your photos in no time? We had an entire download of our photos when we got back from our honeymoon! Highly recommend Bryan - his photos speak for themselves and he is also a fun and passionate photographer.

Sent on 01/10/2016

Clarissa · Married on 05/24/2015

Bryan Sargent is an amazing photographer! We found him at a wedding salon where lots of vendors meet, I am so glad I went that day! Bryan himself is a pleasure to work with as he is extremely kind and patient. We first had an engagement shoot which was complimentary with a wedding package. The engagement shoot was done on the streets of Brooklyn Heights, the day flowed naturally as he took us to great spots that he knew would look amazing. The images were ready the very next day! (and the wedding photos were done in 1 week!) We framed them in a collage at our wedding reception, they were that good! His rate is very reasonable and he doesn't over charge like many of the other photographers we researched. He is extremely responsive and accommodating, he was there every step of the way. At the wedding, he arrived early to scope out good locations to have good lighting and backdrops for photos. He captured so many beautiful moments at the ceremony as well as reception, all while doing it effortlessly. Once he saw that I got very emotional with the arrival of my little niece, he captured it in photos and continued to get more great shots of her and my sister in law because he realized how special these would be. Bryan is very aware of what would make a great shot. He also does his photos in both color and black & white, 2x the photos! The photos had such a soft and professional quality to them. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer for any event without breaking the bank! I can't wait to frame the photos and I'm so happy to have these forever!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2015

We couldn't be happier with our decision to work with Bryan for our engagement and wedding day photos. He was incredibly easy to work with, professional, terrific value, insanely fast at turning around photos and the quality and quantity he delivers are fantastic! We think he is a photo ninja because he seemed to be simultaneously shooting from everywhere, yet we barely noticed he was there! He captured so many amazing moments from our day and we will cherish our photos forever. We highly recommend using Bryan on your wedding day. He is an amazing photographer and an all around great guy!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Heather · Married on 04/13/2014

Bryan not only did a wonderful job getting perfect candid shots, which was what my husband and i truly wanted, but he was so slick about it. I never felt my space invaded or even knew where he was in the room! He worked with our budget, was readily available to answer my questions, was full of energy which got everyone excited and provided an overall incredibly professional service. We love the moments he captured and our perfect day is preserved forever thanks to him.

Sent on 05/01/2014

Julia · Married on 10/12/2013

5/5, no exaggeration - Full disclosure, Bryan was recommended to me by a friend who knows his cousin, but I was really blown away by Bryan's above and beyond professionalism, kindness and flexibility. We had a very small, guerrilla style wedding in central park and the photos were beautiful & the candids really captured the laid back style & happiness of the day. We also used him for a subsequent wedding party we had with friends and those candids were even better. The engagement photos we shot as just a test were stand outs too and even included our young dog who he was great with. His style is more journalistic than your run of the mill wedding photographer, but that fit the vibe of our wedding & personalities and gave some truly unique shots of the various events.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Bryan was fantastic. He was very sensitive to our needs and was very responsive. He was also very patient with my Uncle who took way too many pictures.

Sent on 11/09/2013

My wife and I recently hired Bryan Sargent to photograph our wedding. Bryan provided us with top rate images, but he was also super professional and easy to work with. This is a five star rating. Here are five reasons why.

1)Professionalism: Bryan was exceptionally professional and polite at all times, not only to my wife and I, but to all of our guests. Bryan was able to facilitate all the important scenes and shots easily while making all of our family and guests feel comfortable and relaxed.
    2)Quality of work: The pictures Bryan took were excellent. They captured the mood and environment perfectly but without being documentary. In my biased opinion, we got the best wedding pictures ever! This sentiment is shared by several professional photographers in my family. Bryan's work has a special artistic quality, unique for wedding photography.
    3)Discreet: Bryan was never in anyones' faces but he still captured us, and all of our guests in our finest moments. Everyone was surprised at how much was captured on film under our noses! We never felt like awkward subjects which let everyone be themselves and enjoy the moment.
    4)Worked around our needs: Bryan was always cognizant of our desires but he also brought some fresh ideas to the table that we never would have thought of otherwise. He listened carefully, and continuously revisited our past suggestions to ensure that he was capturing the style and views we were looking for.
    5)Easy Going: Nuff said! Bryan is super easy to work with. Communication was easy and natural and we were always comfortable with him.

Conclusion: You cant go wrong with Bryan Sargent Photography.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Erin · Married on 09/21/2012

Bryan was the perfect photographer for our wedding! He captured every second of our entire day. When I look at the pictures (which I do often), it takes me back through the entire day and captures every wonderful emotion and relationship with all of our guests. He gave us so many professional and candid shots that we were able to send our family individualized packets of photos. He also shot our engagement photos all over the city. Not only were she shots gorgeous but he made such a fun and memorable day for us as well!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Richard · Married on 09/15/2012

My wife and I were looking for a great photographer for our wedding and our friends recommended Bryan. We really liked his portfolio, so we arranged a meeting. When we met with Bryan, he had great ideas of what we could do with our 70's wedding and he was enthusiastic about our theme.

Since my wife and I made our own Wedding Cake, Bryan came over and took beautiful photos of the cake making process. He helped put us at ease during a really stressful time. On the wedding day, he came by and took stunning photos of us getting ready and captured the surprise of us seeing each other dressed for the first time. These photos will always bring back amazing memories!

For the wedding he set up a photo booth, where guests snapped photos of themselves...what a great idea- it turned out to be really popular. We used 70's props with the photos and really enjoyed seeing them for the first time. Bryan is a great photographer and is understanding of what we needed. Since he enjoys his craft, he is great at capturing a moment and is a calming presence to have around. We recommend him to anyone to bring his expertise for any occasion.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Steph · Married on 09/15/2012

From the moment we met with Bryan regarding our wedding and engagement photos, I knew we were going to have an awesome experience. He is professional, accessible, and friendly. We had a somewhat un-traditional wedding, which did not provide the opportunity for the typical "photo-ops." Bryan was able to capture the spirit of the day with a wide variety of candid shots as well as some group shots without disrupting the flow of the day. The photos turned out spectacular and were better than we could have ever imagined. Bryan is a superb photographer, with a great eye, and has a pleasant personality. I highly recommend Bryan Sargent Photography.

Sent on 06/18/2013