Brulee Catering Reviews

36 Reviews for Brulee Catering

• Bridget

Bridget McCullough · Married on 10/16/2020

Delicious food & fantastic service

Victoria and the team at Brûlée Catering provided the food for our micro-wedding at the Liberty View.

Victoria was a pleasure to work with. Even with 10 guests, we had a variety of hors d'oeuvres and small plate entrees to choose from.
    The food was delicious and the Brûlée team provided fantastic service to our small party of guests. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for top quality, delicious catering!

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Victoria

Victoria Imbesi · Married on 08/29/2020

Incredible food, even more incredible client service

Dan Dutch was amazing to work with from the very first email.  Dan answered our emails immediately and came out to see the site. He was very easy going, which we could not have been more grateful for, after working with a large venue that cancelled our wedding due to covid. We had a small intimate microwedding on my parents farm. The entire plan changed the day of when there was a double hurricane headed for our outdoor wedding. Dan coordinated everything and made it a breeze. The quality of service was unparalleled, they literally did everything. Brûlée handled the linens, flatware, glasses, plates, tables, chairs, and bar. Looking back on the photos now, the attention to detail was just incredible. Every single person on the staff was delightful, professional, and they went above and beyond to make sure our guests were happy. Our guests told us it was truly the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to and raved about the food, specifically the braised short ribs. The entire night was magical. We will absolutely call Dan for the next event we host!

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Essie

Essie Michelle · Married on 05/23/2020

Essie Acolatse

Brulee Catering is absolutely amazing. One of the best, if not the best companies I’ve worked with for my wedding thus far. My wedding was scheduled for May 23, 2020 at ceremony was taking place at Free Library of Philadelphia. From the early onset of planning, Sammy who represented Brulee was phenomenal! She literally went above and beyond even though we were scheduled to only host our 1 hour ceremony there. Her service was incredible. Due to COVID-19, I unfortunately can’t have my ceremony there anymore. From the moment the news broke out about the pandemic, Brulee was attentive and helpful. Kelley became our contact and was equally as phenomenal as Sammy. She was super responsive, professional and truly understanding. She assisted in ways other venues couldn’t and it was literally a breath of fresh air working with her.

I would 10/10 recommended working with Brulee for any of their venues. My experience planning my wedding was definitely unconventional due to coronavirus, but Brulee made it as easy as possible. I truly appreciate their service and would recommend them over and over.

Sent on 04/22/2020

Albert Pak · Married on 04/18/2020

Client-Centered Service

Brulee has shown nothing but unwavering support to us during a very difficult period. Due to COVID, most of our wedding plans were up in the air, but Brulee stuck with us each step of the way. They remained transparent and accommodating through the uncertainty. Special thanks to Kelley, who has been nothing short of amazing.

Sent on 08/11/2020

Caitlin · Married on 10/19/2019

So attentive and responsive - helped create the most perfect day!

I would 10 out 10 recommend Brulee Catering to anyone looking for a delicious and wonderfully orchestrated wedding in Center City, Philadelphia! Tori was amazing and so helpful - she responded to every request and made sure everything was perfect for our special day!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Sievers · Married on 10/19/2019

Catering Fit for Foodies

Victoria and her team made sure our foodie needs were covered, plus all the other details I never realized went into catering (linens, table placement, schedule, etc. etc.). We are not cake people and wanted our main dessert to be ice cream sandwiches. Brulee made that happen, and more - 3 different kinds of macaron ice cream sandwiches and chipwiches! The hors d'oeuvres were fantastic and they made sure we got to eat that day. After the ceremony, a tray with two of every hors d'oeuvre was waiting in the bridal suite, so we could eat before cocktail hour. We were also served first for the meal (short rib/salmon!), so we could eat during speeches and be able to walk around to tables. Our guests complimented the food to us for weeks after the wedding. The food was extremely important to us, being foodies, and Brulee exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/22/2019

It was all a dream!

WOW!! From start to finish, Cristina and her Brûlée team were more than just a catering service. They truly helped us throw the best party of our lives. Not only was the food prepared and served as if we were in an upscale restaurant in Philadelphia, but they were efficient, friendly, and professional in keeping to our strict timeline. We have been to many weddings in which the dinner service was late or took so long there was very little time for dancing, but the Brûlée team and service was exceptional on all accounts. We had many of our family members tell us how friendly the staff was. The flow of the night went off without a hitch and we cannot thank the Brûlée team enough.

We wanted an entrée that would appeal to the crowd, but also emphasize our amateur foodie style…and they delivered. We even changed our mind half way through the process and Chef had us over for a second tasting to ensure they nailed our culinary wishes. In the end, Brûlée created a meal we would most definitely eat out in the city – and made a point to eat on our wedding night! The attention to detail, from our Surf & Surf cocktail hour and a half, to our Turf & Turf dinner, they truly captured the essence of what we were looking for at our wedding. To name a few of the off-menu requests we were so impressed with; the CT-style hot, buttered lobster rolls, a beautiful seafood paella station, a Greek inspired cheese and charcuterie station, and an epic raw bar with what everyone told us was “the best tuna tartare they had ever tasted.” And, the crab cakes and lamb lollipops were INSANE. At our Sunday brunch our guests continued to gush about how delicious all of the food was.

Overall, Cristina listened to our ideas, provided insightful feedback, and left us speechless with the way our wedding turned out. She was patient and attentive in helping to create our dream wedding, while also being honest and using her years of experience to guide us towards what always turned out to be the right decision. Since our wedding was in the middle of a park in Center City Philadelphia, we were a little wary of having to build everything from scratch, but Cristina is incredibly talented and went out of her way to make the decision making easy and fun. Brûlée is one class act and Cristina was a blast to work with. Not to mention, one of the best kept secrets was Rosy, our day-of wedding assistant who tactfully shadowed us the entire night – she made sure we were able to try every single item on our menu, always have a drink in hand, and ensured we were having a spectacular time! We could not be more thankful for having Brûlée cater our wedding at Dilworth Park. The food, the service, the décor – it was all a dream!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Mary Byrnes · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing food and staff

I cannot say enough about Victoria and her staff at Brûlée Catering. It was an exceptional experience from the very first moment of meeting at the tasting, to the weeks of planning, the rehearsal, and the whole wedding day. Victoria played an invaluable part in creating the perfect wedding. She anticipated our needs, answered our questions, made creative suggestions, and accommodated all of our wishes. She was a pleasure to work with. The servers and bar tenders were incredible. The bridal attendant, Kristen, ensured both the bride and groom and parents were able to fully enjoy the day. On top of all of this, the food was amazing! From vegan to gluten-free to kosher, all dietary restrictions were accommodated, and all were raved about by the guests. Truly cannot recommend Brûlée Catering enough.

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 02/19/2018

Very Kind Hearts & Professionalism

We absolutely love the Brulee Catering company as during the hardest time for our wedding clients they were a breathe of fresh air. They were so easy to work with and more than anything had kind hearts towards our clients which made the easy decision to always remember them in the future for bookings for special occasion events and recommend them to their loved ones. We can not wait to celebrate with the Brulee team once all this is over. Special thanks to Sammy & Kelley who handled our Free Library Booking!!!

Sent on 05/05/2020

Colleen · Married on 12/08/2017

Wow, just wow! We received so many compliments on our food and the quality of the service. The whole team at Brulee was incredible to work with. Everyone was pleasant, professional, and they went above and beyond to make sure our guests were satisfied and enjoying the evening. Our catering manager Carol was a saving grace in helping us plan for the big day. She answered all of our questions and she made all of our requests a reality. My mom and I really enjoyed working with Carol and her team. Planning a wedding is a pretty daunting task and it was wonderful having our caterer and our venue working as a team.

Sent on 02/03/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/16/2016

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Please Touch Museum. We wanted to provide our guests with a romantic, yet unique experience. We received compliments about the venue all evening. Whether it was the beautiful dome ceiling, amazing arches, or the carousel during our cocktail hour our guests were captivated by the beauty of the building. Everyone at the museum was accommodating, professional, and friendly. Brulee Catering did an amazing job with our appetizers and entrees. Our guests were raving about the food all night. I would absolutely recommend the Please Touch Museum to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Brulee Catering's reply:

Congrats again on your marriage! We enjoyed working with you on your big day and were honored to be part of your memories. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Mary · Married on 06/06/2015

This is a GREAT catering company! They had several different menus to choose from with foods that were understandable. Their director, Stacy, was very easy to work with and accommodating through each step of the preparations. But the bottom line is this -- the food was fantastic!!! People at the reception raved about the food, and how often does that happen at a wedding?! The servers were all very professional, and the layout of the buffet food tables was perfect! We paid for sodas, beer, wine and champagne, and the rest was a cash bar. The table linens were lovely, and everything they did was done in an excellent manner! I would use them again in an instant!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/02/2015

Brûlée Catering was an absolutely fabulous choice for our wedding on May 2, 2015! Sheralda was our contact and worked with us through this planning process with Britni at the Liberty View Ballroom. I can't say enough positive things about this team! They are so kind, helpful, accommodating and genuinely care about you and your wedding, and are really good at what they do! The food for our wedding was fabulous and the service was 5 star as guests continue to rave about the staff and service! The chicken was perfectly cooked and they even let us create an Hors d'eurve ! The timing of the evening and food coming out was perfect! We had a few last minute changes with guest list and table set ups and they always assured me to not worry and handled everything with class and professionalism. We are extremely grateful for being able to work with Sheralda and Brûlée catering for our wedding!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Tea · Married on 08/23/2014

If I were to get married again (except I won't, seeing as I married the woman of my dreams), I would return to Brulee Catering Every. Single. Time. Our contact, Sarah Wright, was with us from the very beginning of planning, all the way through the evening of our wedding for the 1.5 years of our engagement leading up to the big day of our wedding at Please Touch Museum. Sarah was timely in her e-mail responses, thorough in the requirements, responsive and helpful to any and every big or small question that popped up, and she even accommodated us in a few of our somewhat unconventional special requests. Sarah's professionalism and dedication to our big day really made the difference once we arrived at the venue, she made sure that all we had to do was show up and she took care of the rest from there. And I haven't even gotten to the food!

Brulee Catering offers several tiered options at different price points so as to ensure you can stay within your budget, as well as an unbelievably extensive amount of optional add-on's that help to truly personalize the exact kind of wedding reception you're looking for. Not only is it obvious that the chefs truly care about the food options they create, but the entire staff is devoted to ensuring every guest enjoys their evening.

We had 225 people at our wedding, and we received a significant number of compliments from our guests as to how wonderful the Brulee staff were. Not only were they professional and was the service impeccable, but you could visibly see they were enjoying their evening's work, what a difference that makes!

When planning a wedding, you have many vendors and different moving parts coming together at one time, it can definitely feel overwhelming at times. Sarah and her team at Brulee were the glue that held all these moving parts together, minimizing the amount of stress for my bride and I, freeing us up to truly soak up the atmosphere of our big night.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Brulee Catering's reply:

Congratulations on your recent marriage! Thank you so much having us be a part of your big day! We are pleased to hear that it was a positive experience for you and your wife.

Ann Marie · Married on 08/02/2014

Brûlée Catering has redefined my expectations of Wedding cuisine. I will admit, I was a little skeptical during the food tasting thinking the food would not be as good on our wedding day. My husband and I were way wrong. For the first time ever, I heard rave reviews about the food on our wedding day - adding to the bliss of being surrounded by our loved ones. Our coordinator Krysten was an absolute pleasure to work with and really demonstrated what "attention to detail" means. Brûlée Catering provided our guests with exceptional food and service at a great value.Thank you Krysten & the culinary team at Brûlée Catering for helping us to create the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 10/13/2014

lisa · Married on 05/24/2014

I had my wedding at the Please Touch Museum and people LOVED the food. As in, took pictures of it, blogged about it, still rave about it. Marley was my contact and was amazing and very flexible at making changes to the alcohol package, and last minute changes to our guest count. Our signature drinks were also taken care of and turned out great.

I'm an anxious person by nature, and with another group I might have spent the day stressing and freaking out. Instead, everything went smooth (thank you Marley!) and she was there to talk me out of even worrying every time there was a minor problem. I had my ceremony at the museum as well and she timed my ceremony PERFECTLY. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs a caterer.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Brulee Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience you had with Brulee Catering for your wedding. We wish you many years of happiness!

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2013

We had our wedding at the Please Touch Museum and it was PERFECT. The food was excellent. Six weeks later, guests are still complimenting us. The catering manager was incredibly helpful and flexible, and she made the experience incredible. I wish I could relive it over and over.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Chris · Married on 10/13/2013

I just wrote a review for Brulee Catering and saw that the 5 stars I wanted did not get marked correctly. Please note that they are ALL 5's - nothing less!!! And also, our Captain - Orlando - was fantastic. He is such a gentleman and made our evening flawless!!!! Ask for him by name!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Hi Chris,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to write up such a positive review about your experience with Brulee - we sincerely appreciate it! I'm so glad that Brulee exceeded your expectations and made your event truly special. We hope you come to us again in the future for your catering and event needs!

Thanks again!

My wife and I were planning our wedding and were initially having our rehearsal dinner at a restaurant. The restaurant shut down and we were left without a rehearsal location only a few months prior to the wedding. Brulee is a parent company and stepped in to provide the assistance. They worked with us to provide a similar menu (with the same chef), kept our prices low (restaurants are inherently less expensive than catering venues), and provided us with a gorgeous location (Independence Visitor Center). The person I dealt with, Mike, is extremely professional and friendly. He modified Brulee's contract to accommodate our agreement with the previous restaurant. He was always responsive (typically one business day) . The event went off without a hitch. The food was great, the location amazing, and the friendliness of the staff is all that I could need. It really started and set the pace for an amazing wedding weekend.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Megan · Married on 08/09/2013

AMAZING FOOD! They have an extensive list of choices for every budget and all the food is absolutely delicious. You do not need to worry about having typical, mediocore wedding food with these guys. Everything was perfect - variety, taste, uniqueness, and presentation. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Alexis · Married on 12/07/2012

Amazing!!!! Guests loved the food!!!! The service was amazing as well!!!!! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Jenna · Married on 07/13/2012

We had our wedding at the Please Touch Museum and Brulee Catering was absolutely amazing. Its rare to get/go to a wedding where the service, ambiance and food are all amazing - you usually only get one or two of those - but our wedding at the Please Touch and the catering by Brulee exceeded our expectations. I will be encouraging all friends and family to have events at the Please Touch so I can go there again and try to have another night as amazing as my wedding night (probably impossible). Thank you to Kim, Bill and the rest of the team that made our wedding appear so wonderfully effortless!!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Sauce · Married on 07/07/2012

OMG, they tailored the food to exactly what we wanted while keeping us on our budget! We had Cuban food and it was amazing. Everyone said that it was the best wedding food they ever had. THey also provided the most amazing service to our guests, so professional and attentive to our needs.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Erin · Married on 05/27/2012

I used Brulee Catering for my wedding (at the Independence Seaport Museum) and I can not say enough good things about them!! Not only was the food absolutely amazing but the service was even better! Just about every guest I've spoken to since the wedding has commented on how delicious the food was. We had filets that came out perfectly medium rare- a tough thing to do with 100 servings! I highly recommend working with them for your wedding or any event- they are fabulous!

Sent on 06/12/2012