Brubaker Portraits Reviews

11 | Mesa, AZ

11 Reviews for Brubaker Portraits

• F

Frankie · Married on 01/27/2018

I met Kris in January 2017 to book her as my photographer for my engagements, bridals, and 8 hours for my wedding. She was very professional, friendly and she lets you know everything upfront. We took our engagements around February/March they were In the country. She doesn't mind the country side. She was very patient with us and with our almost two year old. And For my bridals she came to my area where I live in (Red Rock, Tx). She made me feel beautiful during the session. She sketched out before hand each pose we did. She makes me excited for my big day in January 2018. If you want a laid back, easy going, professional photographer Kris is the one for you.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Stacy · Married on 12/31/2017

Kris was so amazing and made us feel so comfortable from the start. Our engagement photos were great, but I am beyond in love with our wedding photos! Kris is super patient and understanding about the craziness of a wedding day. They were also very affordable. Brubaker Portraits was the right choice and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Kristi · Married on 12/01/2017

We had our first meeting with Kris Brubaker at Starbucks. She answered all of our questions and was able to provide us the details of signing a contract with her. We hired her on the spot! We are so pleased with the engagement photos she took. She’s has a great understanding of lighting. We’ve never been “posed” for photos. Kris was patient when posing is and helping us create really photographic moments. Our sunset wedding photos are GORGEOUS!! She was extremely professional and easy to work with. She succeeded with capturing the memorable moments of our special day. In addition, she understood our budget and worked with us so we could get everything we wanted. I highly recommend Brubaker Photography to others!!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Tara · Married on 10/14/2017

The Brubaker's are fantastic. They are super easy to work with and very understanding. They know how stressful and how difficult weddings are, so they try to make everything as simple as possible and work around you. Very nice couple to work with!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Claire · Married on 10/08/2016

Kris and Bill were extremely professional and really captured every moment of our wedding. She was very organized as well when it came to gathering up my family for pictures and getting everything back to me after the wedding. I highly recommend Brubaker Portraits for your special day!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Kris did an amazing job shooting our wedding. She was very professional, friendly, easy to work with an knowledgable!

Sent on 10/21/2015
  • User5559396 · event on: 06/26/2015

I found Kris to be:
    Very Professional and Very Knowledgeable in Photography, with the Degrees, Credentials, Awards, Certificates and Published Works to back her up,
    Early to all appointments,
    Helpful, Kind, Curtious, and Thoughtful
    Reliable and our Photography was delivered Promptly as Promised and at a Reasonable Rate.
    I Most Definitely Will Use Kris For my next Event.
    Kris has become our Family Photographer for all of our Events and Portraits.
    Thank You Kris.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Carole · Married on 02/26/2017

Kris was amazing and had plenty of beautiful ideas for photos. She even helped with things to make sure everything went well. She's an amazing lady!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Melissa H. · Married on 10/27/2018

Fantastic photographer

The Brubaker's were very easy to work with. I loved that we hardly noticed them taking pictures, but they were there in the shadows capturing all the important moments of the day. They were both very friendly and professional. We are very pleased with how the pictures turned out and love that we got some of our guests that we can share with them.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Robert · Married on 03/05/2016

1.2
      2.0
      1.0
      1.5
      1.0

Kris is an OK photographer who has a really hard time with other aspects of the wedding photography business. For some odd reason she only took three (3) photographs of my wife and I in our pre-ceremony photography session.

We had an evening ceremony, so wanted to do the pictures beforehand- around 4 PM. The lighting was good (in March). We got through the process OK, but had no idea she had only taken three photographs of us (the couple in question).

The problems started soon afterwards. A few days after the ceremony we asked for a couple of good photos we could share on social media and with family-- naturally everyone was asking. We EVENTUALLY got a really bad night-time picture. Later got a good large group picture.

I emailed to discuss our concerns. She emailed back with a lot of attitude, blaming us for rushing the session-- which did not happen. We had all the time we needed to get photos. Kris's main problem is immaturity and communication. If you decide to hire her, do not complain about anything. She shuts down and refuses to communicate. This happened twice with us. I asked for a phone conference the first time and we talked. We were able to work out most of our issues... until the next set cropped up.

I tried to explain to her that taking photographs is really a small part of her job. A bigger part is to provide customer service and problem solve. She had no idea how to do these things.

It took us about two months to get the unedited pictures uploaded to an online album. She did a really half-a$$ed job of putting together our album. Many of the pictures are dark and virtually all are unedited. My wife was able to clean up a bunch of them using an app on her phone-- but this should not have had to be done. That's what we paid Kris several thousand dollars to do.

Again- as a photographer she's OK-- she just needed to take more pics of us in our photo session. We have 3 good pictures, but it'd be better to have 10-15 to choose from.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Tonia · Married on 03/05/2016

0.4
      0.0

When we expressed any disappointment with a photo - like, "hey could you lighten this, or this photo seems dark" - this photographer got mad and acted like an angry school girl instead of a business woman. She basically gave us a photo dump of our pictures and didn't edit any of them. Also - my new husband and I maybe have 3 pictures of us, yes that's right 3. That was followed with threats of not even giving us our photos - I have never had such rude and unprofessional service. At some point I expected this photographer to say, ok, how can I fix this, never got that. Basically got finger pointing, threats and insults - who does that to their customers. I'm so tired of crying over this, so please save yourself time and tears - DON'T USE THIS PHOTOGRAPHER.

Sent on 05/19/2016