Brownstone Gardens Reviews

Brownstone Gardens 4
Brownstone Gardens 5

Sara · Married on 11/17/2018

Brownstone Was Amazing.

This venue & our wedding coordinator Barbara were awesome. The venue is truly a hidden treasure in Oakley, and nothing you'd ever expect. Barbara truly made our experience unforgettable and made the day exactly what we wanted it to be. Thank you Brownstone & Barbara!

Kristi · Married on 10/07/2018

Made our wedding a dream come true!

Everything was flawless. Barbara was amazing to work with. She knew exactly what she was doing and made sure our day was perfect. She went above and beyond. We even decided to not do our ceremony in the typical area, and she helped us work through all the planning.

I can’t thank her and the Brownstone team enough for all their hard work. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of!

• Deo

Deo · Married on 09/09/2018

Brownstone Gardens truly delivered the perfect place to celebrate one of the most important nights of our lives. From the spectacular staff and meticulously kept grounds, Brownstone was the perfect joining of venue and atmosphere that left our friends and family in the feeling of pure astonishment. My wife and I were so confident in their work even leading up to the wedding that we never stressed about anything during our 5-hour celebration. And if not breaking a sweat during such a crucial moment in our life says anything, then I don't know what a higher recommendation is. Barbara was always communicative and masterfully open to how we wanted our wedding to be fully imagined. She took our ideas, helped us out on what she has seen work, and executed them on our night without a hitch. Our table settings, wedding programs, dance floor, dueling pianos, bar, photo booth, ceremony seating, aisle décor, seating arrangement, buffet line, wedding cake, cupcake table, cocktail hour, and theme colors, were just perfect. Brownstone Gardens Estate itself is an oasis. It has a huge parking lot for a lot of guests. Having the extra bridal room was super useful when the bride and I had to change to our various outfit throughout the night. The living garden area where we had our ceremony is a fairytale setting. We had our first look at the koi gardens which was also picturesque. The tree canopy in bridal falls is not only beautiful but keeps the temperature down. The day of our wedding the temperature was 95° at noon but under the canopy felt about 10° cooler, with that figure dropping rapidly as the night wore on. It still amazes me that given such a large complex and large group of people, the staff could easily move everyone from one part of the venue onto the next seamlessly. A lot of guests came up to us and complimented on how beautiful the wedding was. But honestly, when you have a place like Brownstone Gardens as the backdrop, they make it easy.

Brownstone Gardens 6

Tamara Garcia · Married on 07/29/2018

Diane is the best!

Such a beautiful hidden gem! I did the “elopement” package (great price), didn’t go broke have my dream wedding! Diane, my wedding Coordinator made it a smooth process ! Love love everything about it 🥰

Paulina · Married on 06/29/2018

Brownstone was the first venue we had visited and we completely fell in love with all the outdoors areas + gorgeous garden - it was exactly what we were looking for!! We had a pleasure of working with Barbara and she was so so amazing!!! So on top of everything and always so patient with my million and one questions - she really helped ease any anxiety leading up to the day! We still get teary eyed thinking about our wedding day and wish we go do it all over again every.single.weekend!!

Our wedding day was absolutely a fairy tale and we are SO thankful to Brownstone!!

Brownstone Gardens 7

Alyssa · Married on 05/27/2018

I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day than the one we had at Brownstone Gardens. Our coordinator Diana was an absolute rockstar. Our wedding was mostly DIY, which means we had a lot of stuff that had to be set up that she had never seen before, but when I walked in to the venue the day of the wedding everything was absolutely perfect! I cannot express how thankful I am to have had a team like the one at Brownstone on our special day. They took the stress out of everything and made our day so memorable and beautiful. Thank you so much to Diana and the whole Brownstone team!

Gabriela · Married on 05/25/2018

It was an absolutely amazing experience

Our experience with brownstonegardens was absolutely amazing. We loved every moment of our big day and our planning

Brownstone Gardens 8

Meshell · Married on 10/08/2017

I saved the very last review for you - Brownstone Gardens. Even as I type this review...my heart is filled with joy and my eyes with tears. You...Barbara DuMont...woman you are a rock star! You made our wedding the event of the year! My Facebook, email, instagram, Twitter hasn't stopped blowing up with comments about how wonderful our wedding was. Effortless. That's all I can say! If there were hiccups we didn't know about it. The food service was awesome. From you fanning out my gown before I took that walk to everything just everything! Thank you so much. It WAS my dream wedding! In my dream location!!!! Thank you! People if you're looking for a venue and you want romantic elegance please don't sleep on this place!!!! And don't let Barbara's strict demeanor scare you. You is like that because she is passionate about making your day special! And ours was just that just so special!

Sent on 10/15/2017
    Brownstone Gardens 9
    Brownstone Gardens 10

Brownstone Gardens's reply:

Thank you Meshell so very much for this wonderful review! It was such a joy to work with you to plan your beautiful day! We are grateful for you trusting us to do all that we did!

Kelly · Married on 10/05/2017

My husband and I got married at Brownstone Gardens on June 5th, 2010. We both knew we wanted to get married outside it was hard for us to find a venue that was not a golf course and was resonably priced, that was until we found Brownstone. From our first meeting at Brownstone I knew this was the perfect venue. Kay- Kay and her staff made planning my dream wedding so easy and stress free. From caterer tastings to picking our DJ, Brownstone gardens was a life saver. Like Stephanie, most of my guests state that our wedding was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding (they loved our food, our Dj Mike Vincent and of course the photobooth). All the staff at Brownstone were accomadating (we were able to get a jumpee for all the kids along with babysitters so all the parents could have a good time), hard working and were willing do do whatever they had needed to do to get the job done. It was so incredible to be able to enjoy my day with my freinds and family and not worry about what was going on in the background. Kay- Kay and her staff were able to handle everything that came their way so we were able to enjoy our day without any worries or stress. I recommend Brownstone Gardens to all my newly engaged friends because of the amazing expereince we had with them.

Sent on 01/26/2011

Brownstone Gardens's reply:

Thanks Kelly! We absolutely love some of your wedding photos and have already put them on some of our advertising! The classic car was sooooo cool!

Anna · Married on 08/06/2016

I just had my wedding at Brownstone Gardens and couldn't have picked a more amazing venue! My husband(!) and I knew immediately that we wanted to have our wedding at Brownstone Gardens. The beautiful and lush venue was just what we had been looking for. Our coordinator was Barbara and I do not know what I would've done without her! She went above and beyond for us. Thanks to Barbara and the entire Brownstone Gardens staff, they made our day the most special, amazing, and love filled day!

crystal · Married on 09/20/2015

Brownstone Gardens... where do I begin? I am absolutely in love with this place. My husband and I were talking about how sad we are that we don't have a reason to go back there soon, and now we encourage everyone we know that's getting married to consider this place, just so we can go back and relax in this beautiful landscape one more night! I had been touring venues for about a month. I had found some that I liked, some more than others. However, each one wasn't perfect. I found something at each one that I felt could be improved. I honestly thought I had found a venue before I toured Brownstone. A friend of mine called me up and told me she had read some fantastic things about Brownstone and I should just check out one more... I'm glad she did. As soon as I walked in I knew, I KNEW this was the place. It was perfect. I couldn't find one single thing that I thought had room for improvement. From the ambience, the amazing staff (Barbara and Kay-Kay THANK YOU!!), the breathtaking scenery, everything was perfect. Before my wedding day I got the chance to go back a few times for events they set up for future couples, like caterer tastings, bridal faires etc and each time I set foot in that place it made me more and more excited for my wedding day. They provide a day of coordinator who works tirelessly to help you make decisions and offer suggestions along the way. They are highly experienced and help make the day flows so efficiently it's a blessing. They have a GREAT team of suggested vendors that you can't go wrong with. AND the landscaping is INCREDIBLE. Every single inch of Brownstone is peaceful, elegant, and beautiful. So many hidden gems that are perfect for picture taking. The prices of Brownstone are affordable and they offer payment plans leading up to your wedding day so you don't spend your first newlywed years in debt. I can't emphasize enough how fantastic this venue is. My wedding day went perfectly thanks to Brownstone! I will find a way to be back!

Arianna · Married on 09/13/2015

My wedding was actually yesterday 09/13 so i'm writing this while it's fresh on my mind. If you're looking for the complete package when it comes to an all-in-one ceremony and reception venue, Brownstone is the place to go. Nick and I were wowed from the moment we first walked into the venue. It is GORGEOUS. The lush green gardens, beautiful landscaping, and amazing koi ponds (the fish really sold us haha.) But along with the beautiful venue, the staffing made us truly want to book with Brownstone. Their staff is top notch. Every single person we have dealt with through this year long process has been kind, knowledgeable, super on top of things, and all around amazing. Our coordinator Barbara was always there to answer our questions, no matter how big or small they may have been. We never had to worry about something going wrong because when we were concerned, Barbara or Kay-Kay were always able to find an easy solution. When it came time for our final walk-through before the wedding, we went over every single detail so we knew what was happening, when it should happen, and whatnot.

So let's get to the wedding. Yes I was a nervous bride. Of course I was worried things could go wrong but guess what...the night was perfect! Every single thing was thought of that you wouldn't normally think of. The kids didn't want normal wedding food so Brownstone got pizza's and capri suns...it was a super big hit! The bridal room was kept nice and cool so when I was getting overheated I could escape in there for a few minutes to cool down. It was the little things. Barbara, my DJ, and photographer were constantly in contact with each other so that everything would go smooth and happen on time, and guess what...every.single.thing. went smooth and happened on time. We were actually ahead of time by the end of the night. It was truly a magical night and one we will never forgot.

So go ahead, book an appointment with Brownstone. I know you'll fall in love with it like we did.

Mandy · Married on 08/08/2015

My husband and I got married here at Brownstone Gardens this August, and it was everything we wanted! I purposely saved this venue to visit last, because I knew I would fall in love with it once I see it, and indeed I did. The venue is so pretty during the day, and oh my gosh, look just as gorgeous at night! They have 3 different areas that can be used to your liking, and each with its uniqueness. At first, I was worried that it's outdoor everything--it's going to be super hot in the summer, and there would be bugs. But since we started our wedding early evening, it started to cool so the heat was not a problem at all. I also didn't notice any mosquito or nasty bugs at all...just beautiful butterflies and dragonflies that add special touch the the venue! Also at the grand court, when the wind blow, the white flowers sprinkle down like snow--it's soooo pretty during the ceremony! Brownstone also has preferred vendors like caterers, photobooth, linens, etc, which made planning easier.

The staffs here are AMAZING! They are all super responsive and are always there to help! I want to especially thanks Barbara for the initial consultation, Kay-Kay for all the logistics and last minute changes, and Diana for coordinating our wedding. They all had to dealt with my last minute-ness, and they were all quick to handle to my requests! I couldn't have done it without their patience! This venue has so much to offer. My husband and I had a great time and couldn't be happier with our wedding!

Mindy · Married on 08/02/2015

We got married at Brownstone Gardens on 8.2.2015. It was such a perfect day!! The venue was so beautiful. Barbara got lots of compliments! I couldn't have asked for a more well-run wedding! The whole day went smoothly and it was so fun!

Reecy · Married on 06/04/2015

Very beautiful venue, and accommodating staff. Both before and after my client's wedding, Kay Kay and Barbara were very involved and professional, making it easy for me to do my job. Hoping to work with them again in the future! -Thomas and Thomas Photography

Sent on 06/10/2015

Brownstone Gardens's reply:

Thank you Reecy! It was fun working with you as well. We look forward to a future event together.

Our experience at Brownstone was exceptional from the beginning. They really work with their couples to make the whole process as easy and as flexible as possible. My wife and I were really stressed out considering the details of the ceremony, but once the rehearsal started, our event coordinator, Barbara put us at ease. She had already thought about what would work, as she knows the venue inside and out, and our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception went smoothly. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an outdoor venue.

Kristina · Married on 11/15/2014

Brownstone Gardens is such an amazing and beautiful venue. It exceeded all of our expectations and really was more than I ever imagined for my wedding.
    When we first went looking for Brownstone, we were skeptical as we drove down Brentwood Blvd and then the gravel drive, but once we entered the property we immediately fell in love! Truly a hidden gem. During the day the gardens are beautiful - the foliage & waterfalls; but at night, the string lighting on the trees and in the grand courtyard made everything feel like a dream.
    The staff at the venue were absolutely wonderful. Barbara is amazing! She took a lot of the stress off of my shoulders during the planning stage and made sure our wedding ran smoothly. Barbara and the staff took such good care of us and made sure that the day of the wedding I had nothing to worry about so I could really enjoy our day - and with 200 guests, kids & a few special requests, that is saying a lot.
    Brownstone accomodated everyone from handling guests with mobility needs to a kid area with a jumpy so that the kids and parents could have a great time. We still have guests raving about how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had.
    Brownstone Gardens has so much to offer and we would definitely recommend them to everyone!
    Thank you Brownstone Gardens for making my wedding more than I could have ever imagined.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/03/2014

An absolutely beautiful event space. We had our ceremony and reception at Brownstone Gardens on October 03, 2014. All of our guests had so many nice things to say about the venue.

We wanted a place that was unique and magical. Kay Kay was our coordinator and made sure everything went smoothly she was great to work with and was able to help us with everything we needed and wanted, Our guests loved the garden feeling and all of the romantic lighting. Dinner was amazing Music was amazing. Our whole evening was a night to remember. We couldn't have been more happy with our wedding! Not only is the property absolutely beautiful, but Kay Kay and all the staff at Brownstone were so helpful and knowledgeable about everything. I would recommended this Venue to anyone looking for a night to remember.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/23/2014

Wow! That's the first thing that comes to my mind when i think about my amazing venue! My husband and i got married her on August 23, 2014 and we would never think of changing it if we could. The day was amazing and it was all thanks to brownstone gardens! We booked our wedding with brownstone 2.5 years in advance which gave us plenty of time to get to know the staff and how amazing everyone involved is. Brownstone worked with every question or request we had! The response time is AMAZING! Kay-Kay was soooo much help when trying to plan our day, every question answered, and amazing recommendations. On the day of brownstone went above and beyond to make our day run smooth. We had a start time of 5 o'clock and if i can guesstimate the time, i was walking down the aisle at 5! Not many weddings run on time and this was all because of them, everything was ready and perfect. Not only were we more than satisfied with brownstone, but so were our guests. We have received so many compliments about the venue and how gorgeous it was. This venue is amazing and if your looking for a world of your own to enjoy the day in this is your place. Nicely tucked away and absolutely gorgeous inside! We wouldn't trade anything about our day and would recommend brownstone to anyone! Thank you Brownstone for all you did to make our day amazing!

• Future Mrs. Kristin Heath

Kristin · Married on 07/25/2014

My husband I got married here in July 2014. We had been shopping around for our wedding venue when we came across Brownstone Gardens and we immediately knew this was the place. My husband always says he never dreamed of being married in such a beautiful place. I really wanted and outdoor venue with twinkly lights....and man they have a bunch of twinkly lights. You would never expect such a magical place when you drive up to it. Everything about it is beautiful. All the staff were very helpful and especially Kay Kay, Diana and Barbara. These ladies worked with me through the planning up until the very end of the wedding day. They have so many great resources for different vendors and ideas to make your wedding amazing. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't of had the "A-Team" working my wedding. (photographers, Dj, Florist, Cakes, etc.) Not only were they very helpful during the planning process, but when it came to the wedding day, they were awesome. If something needed to be moved or this was a last min stressor or change, they were on top of it. They were quick, efficient, and professional. I will definitely recommend this venue to anyone I know getting married. It is simply gorgeous, and they are constantly updating their grounds (not like they need it because it is beautiful already) but they really strive to make every couple happy. I dont know how many compliments we got saying how beautiful the venue was. Great venue, great people, great resources. So happy we got married at Brownstone. They do other events there too... I may just have to think of another event to have just to go back.

Brownstone Gardens is an incredible venue! When we were looking for our venue, Brownstone was our first and only stop. As soon as I saw the lights in the trees, the waterfall, the koi pond, and all of the gorgeous greenery, I knew this was it. Since I was a little girl, I knew exactly where I saw myself getting married, and when I saw Brownstone Gardens, it was the perfect picture. Diana, our wedding coordinator, was so great to work with as well! From our first visit, to the catering tastings, to the walk-through and the wedding itself, she was there every step of the way. They really make sure to take care of everything so when the big day finally arrived, we had nothing to worry about. We are both so happy we chose to have our wedding at Brownstone, and our guests loved it as well. I definitely recommend this gorgeous venue to anyone looking for the perfect wedding.

Natalie · Married on 06/07/2014

We spent at least a month straight looking for a venue for our wedding that just passed on June 7th. When we saw photos online, especially the night photos taken by Discovery Bay Studios Photography (who we chose as well!) we were hooked. The venue itself is beyond gorgeous, and the staff makes it even better. Barbara, KayKay, Diana, everyone was so incredible to work with. I HIGHLY recommend Brownstone and their "A Team" of vendors to anyone who wants the perfect wedding day. From
    planning, to organizing payment, to touring the grounds, food tastings, rehearsal day, to the big day itself- you will be pleased with Brownstone every step of the way! They are truly amazing!
    -Natalie and Chad D

Barb · Married on 04/27/2014

My daughter had her fairytale princess wedding at Brownstone. It was a breathtaking evening. Every employee was helpful and happy. The grounds were lovely. I cannot say enough great things about this venue. It really is as beautiful as the pictures show. They took care of every detail. I cannot think of anything left undone. I may just have to do a vow renewal just so I can have another party there!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Brownstone Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much Barbara for your review! We enjoyed working with Holly, Keith and your entire family! We sure hope to celebrate again with you all soon!

Lisa · Married on 11/12/2013

Fantastic!!!!!!! Beautiful venue, clean, organized too!!