Brousseau Events Reviews

Brousseau Events 6
Brousseau Events 7

Nikita · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Florist

Mirna and her team are absolutely amazing to work with. She did florals and decor for my wedding and it was nothing short of stunning. I can’t imagine another vision for the day. I feel so grateful to have found her. She’s sweet and easy to work with. She followed our vision exactly and the beauty spoke for itself with her decor. Mirna we thank you for everything you did to make our day special.

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Brousseau Events 14
    Brousseau Events 15
    Brousseau Events 16
    Brousseau Events 17
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 04/19/2019

Gorgeous Flowers!

I really loved the floral arrangements created by Mirna and her team. I received so many compliments from guests on how beautiful the flowers were. From the very beginning, Mirna was very influential in helping me decide on what to prioritize. I think my vision was a little big for our budget originally but Mirna helped in getting the cost down without deviating too far from our vision. I do think the costs are a bit high compared to other vendors, but it's definitely worth it!

Photo Vendor Credits:

Brousseau Events 19
    Brousseau Events 20
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing!! We loved Mirna!

We were so thankful to have Mirna on our team as our final package planner and florist. We had a very detailed wedding with countless decorations and requests for extensive floral design so she had a lot of work cut out for her and she did more than deliver! She made our dream wedding come true. I highly recommend Mirna! She is so personable and easy to work with and she knows exactly what she’s doing. At the end of our wedding planning she didn’t just feel like a vendor she felt like a friend. Thanks so much Mirna!!! We will miss you!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Hannah · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing wedding planner! Hire her!

Mirna was one of the best discoveries we made during our wedding planning process. I was worried about hiring a wedding planner, but Mirna made all those worries disappear! She is super down-to-earth, professional, and on-top of things! She calmed all of my wedding anxieties with her confidence, kindness, and knowledge. My wedding day wouldn't have come together as beautifully as it did without her. She was readily available through email and our meetings over the phone. By the end of it, she felt like a trusted friend and I wouldn't have wanted any one else to be in charge of my day! Our wedding ceremony was all set up to take place outside when a heavy downpour hit 30 minutes before the ceremony. Mirna handled it flawlessly, and transported the whole ceremony set up (huge arbor, flowers, decor, and chairs) to a new indoor location and somehow everything still happened on time! Can't recommend her enough! HIRE HER! (Photo taken by Alex Mari Photography)

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Brousseau Events 21

Sidney · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Floral Arrangements, Incredibly Flexible

Mirna was fantastic to work with! We had a tight budget for our wedding and she was able to work with us to get the perfect amount of flowers at the right price point. She also offered great advice on what things to prioritize for our ceremony and reception. Mirna was able to create beautiful designs that fit perfectly with our outdoor, rustic theme and everything looked amazing!

Sent on 01/27/2019
    Brousseau Events 22
    Brousseau Events 23
    Brousseau Events 24
    Brousseau Events 25

Lee · Married on 05/05/2018

Our vision wouldn't have come to life without the talent and organization of Mirna! When we first met her, we knew that we could fully trust our wedding in her hands. Mirna was always so patient with us, truly listened to what our visions were and kept up with our (my) continuous indecisiveness regarding wedding day details and florals. She kept us in line with our
    vendor deadlines and always offered a hand for the things that may have been beyond our reach or we simply forgot about! She also accompanied us to reception site meetings and assisted in being the liaison between the reception site coordinator and other vendors - this definitely made things much less stressful! Up until the reception, Mirna was quick and responsive to anything that came up during our big day.

For our florals, we wanted to keep it simple, but elegant and Mirna definitely kept our budget in mind by always giving us various options to fit our style. I feel like the only other way to do justice is to share photos - so take a look below! (All photos by Allison Kuhn Creative)

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Brousseau Events 26
    Brousseau Events 27
    Brousseau Events 28
    Brousseau Events 29
    Brousseau Events 30

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2018

We hired Mirna to do our florals for our wedding but to me it was sooo much more! Mirna was a lifesaver throughout the whole planning process. She listened to everything I wanted and helped me make important decisions. Fast forward to the wedding day.. walking in when I arrived at the venue to get a sneak peak of the reception space.. I was so amazed and had tears in my eyes! Everything Mirna did was absolutely beautiful and everything she did was more than I could have imagined. I can’t thank her enough for helping make our day so beautiful!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 12/30/2017

If you’re like me and wondering where to start with wedding planning, hire Mirna! She has an amazing eye for design and will keep you on track the entire time. Shortly after hiring Mirna as our wedding planner, my fiancé and I met with her to discuss our vision. She knew exactly what questions to ask which resulted in a mood board we used as inspiration for designing our entire wedding. Mirna recommended amazing vendors and keep the communication going throughout the wedding planning process. Given that both of us work full time, hiring and working with Mirna was the best decision we could have made. It made for a magical day knowing that someone had your best interest at heart and was keeping everything running smoothly. It was a small cost to pay for piece of mind during your big day! Mirna also did the flowers and design for our wedding. She will work with you on any color pallet and make it look stunning! Mirna went above and beyond and is easy to work with. She was organized and everything came together and was handled properly. She is highly recommended and has a great network of vendors!

Sent on 03/04/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

Honestly, our wedding would not have been as beautiful, seamless and perfect as it was without Mirna. From the very beginning she worked with our vision and budget to create a truly personalized experience for our wedding. Her communication with us and the vendors was amazing and never had us second guessing whether or not things were going to get done. She also did a phenomenal job with our flowers! From my bouquet to the tables and the arbor we got married in front of, she is a jack of all trades and makes it look effortless! We highly recommend her :)

Sent on 12/19/2017
    Brousseau Events 38
    Brousseau Events 39
    Brousseau Events 40

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

We used Brousseau Events for florals only. Had I known how stressful a low-key backyard wedding would be, I would have definitely hired her to assist with the planning as well. I was so concerned with everything else coming together as I envisioned; however, I knew Mirna would do an amazing job with flowers. Having one less thing to worry about was so nice. She answered any questions I had and truly made my vision come to life. When I first saw our backyard transformed into a wedding venue I was floored, and that is all due to Mirna. There were flowers EVERYWHERE and it looked so beautiful. I could not believe that she was able to do so much with my rather small budget. Mirna has a great eye for design, she is incredible at what she does and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Gina · Married on 09/16/2017

We were so grateful to have Mirna's coordination assistance for our wedding. We have very busy professional lives and live/work in the D.C.-area, and could trust that everything was under control with Mirna. Not only was she professional and responsive, but she provided excellent advice and guidance throughout the planning process. Even when we had challenges with vendors, Mirna provided a sense of humor and levity which we SO appreciated, especially in the stressful days leading up to our wedding day. She is incredibly organized and detail-oriented, which helped make us feel a sense of calm going into our wedding day. We would highly recommend her services to any couple getting married in central Virginia. She has a great eye and we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Alison · Married on 05/06/2017

We can't thank Mirna enough for everything she did for us throughout the whole wedding planning process! During the months of planning leading up to the wedding, she was always very responsive, informative, and kept us on track with our timeline, not to mention gave us some great recommendations for other vendors. The wedding day itself was such a dream for us! From the seamless flow of events to every gorgeous detail that Mirna put together, she brought our vision to life beyond all of our expectations. Everything went off without a hitch and my husband and I felt like we could truly enjoy our wedding day, and we have Mirna to thank for that. If you're on the fence about working with a wedding planning outside of just day-of services, Brousseau Events is well worth the investment. Having Mirna by your side will not only ensure you wedding day is just as you had imagined, but it will without a doubt make your life so much easier!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Ellen · Married on 05/06/2017

We selected the month of planning & floral arrangements with Brousseau Events and couldn't have been more pleased. I, the mother of the bride was able to a lot of planning on my own here in VA where the wedding was taking place, but Mirna was always available & quickly responded to questions. My daughter, the bride, lives in NYC, but we were able to skype with Mirna to talk at intervals leading up to the month of to make sure we were on the right track with planning. When our dessert selection hit a snag, Mirna went above & beyond to work out an amenable alternative with the bakery vendor. Mirna is a total professional, as is her team who were the actual wedding coordinators the day of the wedding. Our wedding guests have continued to talk about what a wonderful celebration it was. If there were any issues, I never knew about them & was able to enjoy the whole night! This is in great part to Brousseau Events.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/05/2016

I owe the success of my wedding to my parents and my wedding planner! Mirna is such a visionary. With little direction, she was able to design and create exactly what we wanted. She is a master of her craft, and our best wedding investment by far. We only booked her for month-of services, but she went above and beyond - from designing signage to arranging last-minute centerpieces. I would highly recommend Mirna to anyone - she's professional, yet extremely personable. She'll be a planner and a friend throughout the process. I couldn't have asked for better!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Danielle · Married on 09/24/2016

I couldn't have better things to say about working with Mirna. Throughout the planning process, Mirna was attentive, organized and resourceful. She was there every step of the way, and willing to go above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was flawless!

Mirna helped to alleviate any additional stress leading up to the wedding by providing helpful tips and resources that kept me and my husband on track for our big day. She took the reigns on our rehearsal day and made sure all of our attendants knew exactly what they were doing, and made it fun and enjoyable throughout.

On our wedding day, I knew I had absolutely nothing to stress about because Mirna was on it! I could not have asked for a better day of planner, and am so grateful that my husband and I found Brousseau Events.

I would recommend Brousseau Events to any future bride & groom :)

Sent on 12/20/2016

Kierstin · Married on 07/23/2016

Mirna was the best wedding decision I made!!! She was super professional, creative and accommodating. I was able to be in the moment and enjoy every minute of my wedding weekend knowing that Mirna was on top of everything! She is worth every single penny and more!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Courtney · Married on 05/07/2016

Advice: Hire Brousseau Events for your wedding! Or any event for that matter! My husband and I REALLY enjoyed working with her! She was so fun and made the experience so enjoyable. She kept us on track though and made sure to follow up on items. She is so reliable and extremely accountable. Which is great! We all know how stressful wedding planning is. She was great at even keeping my nerves to the side because she had it handle. I would have thought Mirna was doing this for decades she is so talented and professional! I love that she gives an honest opinion. We told her our style and worked on design. Mirna would flat out say, "no I don't like that" or "yes that'd be perfect for your wedding theme!". I appreciate honesty and another opinion on things. She really gets the entire picture. Our welcome sign (I wish I could attach a photo of it) was designed by her and was STUNNING! Everyone was talking about it! She used her gold frame as well. Mirna also used other things when it came to table scapes, which is so awesome! Each time we worked with Mirna it was great. When my fiancé and I would ramble or disagree on something she was able to get us back on track without making things awkward, haha!

Use her for your wedding! You really won't regret it!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Catrenia · event on 04/09/2016

I had the pleasure of working with Mirna while planning my book signing and I couldn't have been happier. She was very professional, detailed, accessible and just a joy to work with. I highly recommend her services and look forward to working with her in the future!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Bethany · Married on 10/11/2015

Booking Mirna was the best thing I ever could have done. At the time, I was living in DC, and commuting back and forth to Richmond for anything pertaining to my wedding (that's where my wedding would be). She made everything so easy on me. We met face to face a few times and she always came prepared with a list of things to ask. She was on top of everything before I even was - and i'm a pretty "Type-A" planner - so I thought I was really on top of stuff. She created the most amazing timeline for me and my family, she contacted my vendors and my bridal party and got them all the information they needed and told them to contact her for stuff, not me. She did everything. She ran the rehearsal, made sure everyone was where they needed to be for the ceremony, and she helped set up my tables at the reception and made sure everything looked perfect. I kid you not - my wedding was flawless. I can't believe it. Something was supposed to go wrong, right? Thats what everyone told me, and I was prepared to "just let it go". But nothing went wrong. And if at any point something DID go wrong, or sh*t DID hit the fan, then Mirna must have handled it because I never found out about it. My wedding was perfect.

Mirna is so nice! She is so easy to get along with, and when we had our meetings, it felt more like a coffee date with a close friend. She makes you feel so special. At one point I remember thinking, "theres no way she's working with any other brides right now because she makes me feel like i'm the ONLY one in the world!". Which I knew wasn't true :)

I highly recommend that anyone book Mirna. I have already referred her to a few of my friends. She is smart, organized, and incredibly capable. She will streamline your wedding and keep you stress free - because you should not be overwhelmed on the most exciting day of your life.

BOOK MIRNA!!! :)

Sent on 01/04/2016

Molly · Married on 09/19/2015

Mirna was amazing!! She is new to wedding planning but not event planning, and her family is involved in various parts of the wedding industry, so she is very comfortable in this area. We booked her as a month-of planner. I am a very organized person so I wasn't even sure that I needed a planner, but JESUS did I need one. I can't even imagine how many hours she spent going back and forth with vendors, putting out fires (brides - there WILL be fires no matter how organized you are), and doing damage control when I messed things up. She NEVER complained, never tried to tell me how hard she worked - I saw how busy she was and all the things she pulled together last minute and I'm sure its only a fraction of the reality of all the things she dealt with. We had a terrible transportation vendor that refused to transport our bridal party at the last minute after the contract was already signed, and she called around to SO MANY other vendors, cabs, local buses... in addition to verifying all the details with the other vendors. Things you would never think to do and have NO PATIENCE or interest to deal with yourself as the bride - when should the florist come to deliver the flowers? Who will take down the large arrangement the next day? Who will supply the ladder to hang that one piece of decor? Remembering a copy of the readings for the readers, getting a couple extra napkins rented from the caterer for the dessert stand, writing out our hashtag and displaying it in the reception area... not to mention I messed up a couple things and she somehow fixed them in the 11th hour. I totally forgot the table numbers at home, never heard any hubbub about it, and when we arrived in the reception area she had somehow made completely new table numbers. I still have no idea how she pulled that off. She was extremely professional and emotionally supportive - don't hesitate! Just book her!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Anna · Married on 05/06/2017

Working with Mirna was a life-saver. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started planning my wedding, and Mirna did a fantastic job of listening to my ideas, getting a full picture of what I had in mind, and supporting me 100% while adding in her experience to help guide me. My mom and I selected the "Partial Planning" option of Mirna's services, and that worked really well for us because I definitely had certain ideas for my wedding, but needed some guidance along the way. Also, when situations arose where my mom and I had differing opinions, Mirna very easily 'broke the tie' and left a more traditional MOB and non-traditional bride feeling like their styles were both honored on the Big Day. The only area for improvement I saw was while I worked with Mirna on all the planning, hiring her to be the day-of coordinator is an additional expense. My mom and I elected to have two day-of coordinators who work for Mirna, and looking back I wish we had had Mirna there! Mirna also did all the floral arrangements, so I've included photos with the bouquets and boutonniers that she created based on our discussions.

Sent on 11/07/2017

2.5
      3.0
      2.5
      2.0

We were definitely impressed with Brousseau Events' website and were pleased after meeting and finalizing details at a new office instead of her home; we felt confident we had hired the right planner and florist for our black tie optional wedding. However, as the big day came closer, our confidence started dwindling, yet we held out hope Brousseau Events would perform well come wedding day. Unfortunately, it did not.
    Although we were given a small refund for the mishaps, it doesn't make up for the quality promised, from the wrapping of boutonnieres and bridal bouquet to the embarrassment of the wrist corsage flowers falling completely off, not once but twice. In addition, these were not the flowers we paid for in the first place. The tulle and flowers we ordered for the ceremony were nothing like the photos we presented at our meeting. They were small and misshapen with no design.
    In addition, we hired Mirna as a Month-of-Planning Coordinator. The rehearsal was disorganized, and many were not sure what to do afterwards. As for the reception: promised inventory was never delivered, seating chart missing a name, no linens used for memory table, dessert table, and coffee riser bar, etc. I had labeled bins for each table (i.e. dessert, memory, cocktail bar, etc...), and what I got back was a total disaster, tossed in boxes haphazardly.
    As for the Design Services, we didn't receive the beautiful calligraphy as promised. What we did receive on the memory table, gift table, etc. were poorly handwritten cursive signs, which were neither well-done nor calligraphy. For the dessert and menu signs, we ended up doing it ourselves, because we weren't confident the final product would be what we wanted.
    This is just a small list of some of the problems we encountered with the flowers, design services, and wedding planning. Although Mirna was apologetic and issued a small refund, that doesn't allow for a "do-over," as there is truly only one chance to get it right.

Sent on 01/22/2018