Brousseau Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Lauren
    Lauren P. Married on 08/27/2021

Perfect Planning

We hired Mirna (Brousseau Events) as our "month of" planner for our wedding at the Market at Grelen. We couldn't be more satisfied with her services. Mirna was positive and professional in all interactions, and was highly responsive to our communications. She worked hard, both before and at the wedding, to make our perfect day special. She even made sure that we didn't miss trying our hors d'oeuvres while we were busy taking pictures during our cocktail hour. She went above and beyond for us, and we would highly recommend her services for any couple.
  • Tessa
    Tessa A. Married on 06/18/2021

Best florist and planner!

I am a huge fan of Mirna´s work! She combines an exquisite artistic taste for every detail with all the practical skills and knowledge of how to handle a wedding. She is extremely professional and seamlessly took care of a guest’s medical emergency on our wedding day without us even knowing. I met with several florists and Mirna understood my vision immediately. She was so impressive, that we also used her for day of wedding planning. She is a gifted wedding planner and deeply loves and enjoys what she does. I feel that must be what makes the big magic of her weddings.

Tessa Anderson Biggs
    Karin W. Married on 06/13/2021

Keswick wedding

We used Brousseau Events for our daughters wedding at Keswick and she did an excellent job of helping us pull things together the final 3 months prior to the wedding. We had to move the ceremony due to rain and she did an excellent job of getting everything set up and she worked wonderfully with the Keswick staff.
  • JOHANNA
    Johanna A. Married on 06/11/2021

The best decision I have ever done. Mirna is just easygoing and did an amazing job with my flowers. Hire her, you won’t regret 🤩

My wedding was planned in a month and I was sad because nobody wanted to do my flowers in such short time. But Mirna was so kind and helpful with everything! I let her design the arrangements because I didn’t know what o how to start, but everything was so beautiful and she worked with our budget. My bouquet was perfect, and the arch… all of it! I just want to say thank you 🙏 I’ll be posting more pictures after my photographer send us the photos.
  • Griffy
    Griffy T. Married on 06/06/2021

Extremely Happy with Brousseau Events!

Mirna made all my tropical wedding flower dreams come true!! Everyone commented on how beautiful and colorful they were and I can't stop drooling over the photos of them. The cascading flower arrangement she created somehow made our wedding cake look even more amazing and the same can be said for the boutonnières on the groomsmen and handmade crown for my flower girl. I LOVED all the bouquets (especially mine) because she added colorful satin ribbons that made the flowers really pop and look unique. Also, my very elaborate bridal hairstyle would not have been complete without the incredible, custom tropical flower comb she created for me to wear! Not only was Mirna extremely helpful and understanding when it came to the artistic floral visions I had - she also let us use a lovely guest book sign and some easels that she had in her inventory that we couldn't have done without! Lastly, I would like to give her a special shout-out for being so flexible during the TWO wedding date postponements we went through because of the coronavirus pandemic. She truly was one of our favorite vendors and we are proud to recommend her for anyone's floral needs!!!
  • Leslie
    Leslie M. Married on 05/08/2021

BEST decision to make my wedding a dream!

Mirna was an absolute joy and pleasure to work with. She and Emily, who was our amazing wedding planner, helped me bring my vision to life! Mirna's extensive knowledge in weddings and florals made the process effortless and enjoyable! The florals were breathtaking and gorgeous. I could not have imagined anything more divine! And Mirna helped make my sweet Winston (my pug) a custom flower collar that made my day!! I highly recommend Mirna and Brousseau Events!!!

-Photos included by Hunter and Sarah Photography -
  • Erin
    Erin S. Married on 11/14/2020

Amazing Flowers!

Mirna was excellent to work with and her flowers were beautiful. She really understood what I was going for and made my arrangements perfectly! I loved her bouquets and centerpieces the most but all of her items were made with my vision in mind! It was great that she was able to drop off, set up, and break down everything she brought so our coordinator could focus on other décor. I would highly recommend working with her for your wedding or other event.
    Cari Married on 11/08/2019

Best decision!!

Mirna was the best! I loved working with her. She really listened to my vision and executed it perfectly. I couldn’t have asked for more!
  • Rena
    Rena K. Married on 10/24/2019

Mirna made my wedding absolutely beautiful

I contacted Mirna via Weddingwire after having a really difficult time trying to find a florist to work with for my small wedding. I know nothing about flowers and only had an idea of the colors that I wanted for my wedding. To make it more difficult, I don't live nearby and wanted to work with someone who I could trust since I couldn't see the flowers in person.

I had contacted 10+ florists and was having an incredibly difficult time. For some reason, everyone wanted me to have an idea of the specific flowers that I wanted and wanted to charge me ridiculous prices for a tiny elopement / wedding and wouldn't give me a proposal either. I was feeling really dismayed until I found Mirna. She made it soooo easy and only asked me for a Pinterest board so that she could get a sense of my style. After an initial call, Mirna put together a comprehensive proposal and listed out the exact style that I wanted! I was so amazed by her speed and professionalism and how she made everything soooo easy for me.

On the day of my wedding, I was absolutely floored. From the corsages, to the arbor decor, to my bouquet, everything was so much more beautiful than I could've imagined. Mirna's work is absolutely beautiful and she also makes the whole process as stress-free as possible. I highly recommend Mirna for anyone's event!
    Nikita Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Florist

Mirna and her team are absolutely amazing to work with. She did florals and decor for my wedding and it was nothing short of stunning. I can’t imagine another vision for the day. I feel so grateful to have found her. She’s sweet and easy to work with. She followed our vision exactly and the beauty spoke for itself with her decor. Mirna we thank you for everything you did to make our day special.
  • Allison
    Allison Married on 06/08/2019

Gorgeous flowers and amazing experience!

I would highly recommend Brousseau Events to any bride!

From my initial meeting with Mirna, I knew I wanted to work with her. She is warm, personable, and competent. What truly impressed me was that beyond just identifying what flowers/colors I liked and what my budget was, she listened to truly capture the spirit of my vision and offered ideas on how we could achieve that feeling while staying within budget.

Throughout the time leading up to the wedding, she communicated with me frequently on all of the details, and she was flexible with several last minute changes. The end result was gorgeous and exactly what I was hoping it would be.

A huge thank you to Mirna and team!
  • Crystal
    Crystal Married on 04/19/2019

Gorgeous Flowers!

I really loved the floral arrangements created by Mirna and her team. I received so many compliments from guests on how beautiful the flowers were. From the very beginning, Mirna was very influential in helping me decide on what to prioritize. I think my vision was a little big for our budget originally but Mirna helped in getting the cost down without deviating too far from our vision. I do think the costs are a bit high compared to other vendors, but it's definitely worth it!

Photo Vendor Credits:
    Cake: Sweet Fix http://www.sweetfixrva.com
    Cabana: Lighting & Sound Company https://lightingandsoundco.com
    Photography: Marie Violet Photography https://marievioletphotography.com
    Venue: John Marshall Ballrooms https://www.jmballrooms.com
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing!! We loved Mirna!

We were so thankful to have Mirna on our team as our final package planner and florist. We had a very detailed wedding with countless decorations and requests for extensive floral design so she had a lot of work cut out for her and she did more than deliver! She made our dream wedding come true. I highly recommend Mirna! She is so personable and easy to work with and she knows exactly what she’s doing. At the end of our wedding planning she didn’t just feel like a vendor she felt like a friend. Thanks so much Mirna!!! We will miss you!
    Hannah Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing wedding planner! Hire her!

Mirna was one of the best discoveries we made during our wedding planning process. I was worried about hiring a wedding planner, but Mirna made all those worries disappear! She is super down-to-earth, professional, and on-top of things! She calmed all of my wedding anxieties with her confidence, kindness, and knowledge. My wedding day wouldn't have come together as beautifully as it did without her. She was readily available through email and our meetings over the phone. By the end of it, she felt like a trusted friend and I wouldn't have wanted any one else to be in charge of my day! Our wedding ceremony was all set up to take place outside when a heavy downpour hit 30 minutes before the ceremony. Mirna handled it flawlessly, and transported the whole ceremony set up (huge arbor, flowers, decor, and chairs) to a new indoor location and somehow everything still happened on time! Can't recommend her enough! HIRE HER! (Photo taken by Alex Mari Photography)
    Sidney Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Floral Arrangements, Incredibly Flexible

Mirna was fantastic to work with! We had a tight budget for our wedding and she was able to work with us to get the perfect amount of flowers at the right price point. She also offered great advice on what things to prioritize for our ceremony and reception. Mirna was able to create beautiful designs that fit perfectly with our outdoor, rustic theme and everything looked amazing!
    Lee Married on 05/05/2018
    Our vision wouldn't have come to life without the talent and organization of Mirna! When we first met her, we knew that we could fully trust our wedding in her hands. Mirna was always so patient with us, truly listened to what our visions were and kept up with our (my) continuous indecisiveness regarding wedding day details and florals. She kept us in line with our
    vendor deadlines and always offered a hand for the things that may have been beyond our reach or we simply forgot about! She also accompanied us to reception site meetings and assisted in being the liaison between the reception site coordinator and other vendors - this definitely made things much less stressful! Up until the reception, Mirna was quick and responsive to anything that came up during our big day.

For our florals, we wanted to keep it simple, but elegant and Mirna definitely kept our budget in mind by always giving us various options to fit our style. I feel like the only other way to do justice is to share photos - so take a look below! (All photos by Allison Kuhn Creative)
    Nicole Married on 04/28/2018
    We hired Mirna to do our florals for our wedding but to me it was sooo much more! Mirna was a lifesaver throughout the whole planning process. She listened to everything I wanted and helped me make important decisions. Fast forward to the wedding day.. walking in when I arrived at the venue to get a sneak peak of the reception space.. I was so amazed and had tears in my eyes! Everything Mirna did was absolutely beautiful and everything she did was more than I could have imagined. I can’t thank her enough for helping make our day so beautiful!
    Elizabeth Married on 12/30/2017
    If you’re like me and wondering where to start with wedding planning, hire Mirna! She has an amazing eye for design and will keep you on track the entire time. Shortly after hiring Mirna as our wedding planner, my fiancé and I met with her to discuss our vision. She knew exactly what questions to ask which resulted in a mood board we used as inspiration for designing our entire wedding. Mirna recommended amazing vendors and keep the communication going throughout the wedding planning process. Given that both of us work full time, hiring and working with Mirna was the best decision we could have made. It made for a magical day knowing that someone had your best interest at heart and was keeping everything running smoothly. It was a small cost to pay for piece of mind during your big day! Mirna also did the flowers and design for our wedding. She will work with you on any color pallet and make it look stunning! Mirna went above and beyond and is easy to work with. She was organized and everything came together and was handled properly. She is highly recommended and has a great network of vendors!
    Jennifer Married on 11/11/2017
    Honestly, our wedding would not have been as beautiful, seamless and perfect as it was without Mirna. From the very beginning she worked with our vision and budget to create a truly personalized experience for our wedding. Her communication with us and the vendors was amazing and never had us second guessing whether or not things were going to get done. She also did a phenomenal job with our flowers! From my bouquet to the tables and the arbor we got married in front of, she is a jack of all trades and makes it look effortless! We highly recommend her :)
    Sarah Married on 10/07/2017
    We used Brousseau Events for florals only. Had I known how stressful a low-key backyard wedding would be, I would have definitely hired her to assist with the planning as well. I was so concerned with everything else coming together as I envisioned; however, I knew Mirna would do an amazing job with flowers. Having one less thing to worry about was so nice. She answered any questions I had and truly made my vision come to life. When I first saw our backyard transformed into a wedding venue I was floored, and that is all due to Mirna. There were flowers EVERYWHERE and it looked so beautiful. I could not believe that she was able to do so much with my rather small budget. Mirna has a great eye for design, she is incredible at what she does and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone planning their wedding.
    Gina Married on 09/16/2017
    We were so grateful to have Mirna's coordination assistance for our wedding. We have very busy professional lives and live/work in the D.C.-area, and could trust that everything was under control with Mirna. Not only was she professional and responsive, but she provided excellent advice and guidance throughout the planning process. Even when we had challenges with vendors, Mirna provided a sense of humor and levity which we SO appreciated, especially in the stressful days leading up to our wedding day. She is incredibly organized and detail-oriented, which helped make us feel a sense of calm going into our wedding day. We would highly recommend her services to any couple getting married in central Virginia. She has a great eye and we can't thank her enough!
    Ellen Married on 05/06/2017
    We selected the month of planning & floral arrangements with Brousseau Events and couldn't have been more pleased. I, the mother of the bride was able to a lot of planning on my own here in VA where the wedding was taking place, but Mirna was always available & quickly responded to questions. My daughter, the bride, lives in NYC, but we were able to skype with Mirna to talk at intervals leading up to the month of to make sure we were on the right track with planning. When our dessert selection hit a snag, Mirna went above & beyond to work out an amenable alternative with the bakery vendor. Mirna is a total professional, as is her team who were the actual wedding coordinators the day of the wedding. Our wedding guests have continued to talk about what a wonderful celebration it was. If there were any issues, I never knew about them & was able to enjoy the whole night! This is in great part to Brousseau Events.
    Alison Married on 05/06/2017
    We can't thank Mirna enough for everything she did for us throughout the whole wedding planning process! During the months of planning leading up to the wedding, she was always very responsive, informative, and kept us on track with our timeline, not to mention gave us some great recommendations for other vendors. The wedding day itself was such a dream for us! From the seamless flow of events to every gorgeous detail that Mirna put together, she brought our vision to life beyond all of our expectations. Everything went off without a hitch and my husband and I felt like we could truly enjoy our wedding day, and we have Mirna to thank for that. If you're on the fence about working with a wedding planning outside of just day-of services, Brousseau Events is well worth the investment. Having Mirna by your side will not only ensure you wedding day is just as you had imagined, but it will without a doubt make your life so much easier!
    Jennifer Married on 11/05/2016
    I owe the success of my wedding to my parents and my wedding planner! Mirna is such a visionary. With little direction, she was able to design and create exactly what we wanted. She is a master of her craft, and our best wedding investment by far. We only booked her for month-of services, but she went above and beyond - from designing signage to arranging last-minute centerpieces. I would highly recommend Mirna to anyone - she's professional, yet extremely personable. She'll be a planner and a friend throughout the process. I couldn't have asked for better!
    Danielle Married on 09/24/2016
    I couldn't have better things to say about working with Mirna. Throughout the planning process, Mirna was attentive, organized and resourceful. She was there every step of the way, and willing to go above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was flawless!

Mirna helped to alleviate any additional stress leading up to the wedding by providing helpful tips and resources that kept me and my husband on track for our big day. She took the reigns on our rehearsal day and made sure all of our attendants knew exactly what they were doing, and made it fun and enjoyable throughout.

On our wedding day, I knew I had absolutely nothing to stress about because Mirna was on it! I could not have asked for a better day of planner, and am so grateful that my husband and I found Brousseau Events.

I would recommend Brousseau Events to any future bride & groom :)