Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex Reviews

57 Reviews for Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex

1 User photo

Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 1

giselle · Married on 06/16/2018

We had our perfect wedding here this June- Thanks Rich!! Highly recommend!

Lori · Married on 05/18/2018

If you want a “Downtown Wilmington Wedding” this is the place to be! Our daughter chose the Brooklyn Arts Center for her May 2018 wedding due to her love of what this venue had to offer, most importantly its historic beginnings of being a church and the beautiful renovation that showcased the vintage architecture. It was an outstanding experience and a day that our memories will never forget! Rich Leder (Executive Director) and Charyl Williams (Social Butterfly) promised it would be a beautiful, magical setting and they lived up to their word! The set up for the ceremony was perfect; we were able to highlight the religious significance of marriage as there was no doubt we were in a church! Then amazingly the transformation for reception and accommodations for a live band was above and beyond what we expected…the wow factor was there! Our desire to have “outdoor time” was planned around a courtyard cocktail hour, however the weather prediction was not in our favor. The thoughts of having a tent with fans was not exactly what we envisioned. Rich and Charyl came to the rescue and cocktail hour was moved to the Annex. It was an absolutely gorgeous place with the stained glass windows and beautiful woodwork! We were blessed to have had this whole venue! If possible, we highly recommend securing the Annex for cocktail hour, photos and extra room for event needs. We are grateful that BAC also included the “Bridal House”! To be able to have a low key bridesmaid gathering in such an accommodating and relaxing area sets this venue a notch above others! It was awesome to have a room specifically designed for hair and make-up artists, a large table for spreading out food and snacks and a refrigerator for drinks (especially mimosas). Wow, what a lovely place with every convenience! We were especially impressed with Rich Leder’s kind words, day of wedding advice actions that showed how much he cares about the bride's experience. Unique venue for a special wedding day!

Elizabeth · Married on 03/17/2018

We're not even sure where to begin with the Brooklyn Arts Center - nothing but wedding greatness!!! Rich is by far the best wedding venue director in Wilmington, hands down. Super professional, responsive, and can answer any question. Highly, highly recommend the Brooklyn Arts Center for any event. He made our wedding day beyond special - he made it perfect. We had a night wedding at the BAC & it couldn't have been a more perfect choice - it's absolutely gorgeous at night with lit candles, so romantic!!! So magical. Thank you so much for making our day incredibly memorable. -Elizabeth & Harrison

Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 2

Ashton · Married on 10/06/2017

Brooklyn Arts Center was the perfect place for our wedding! My husband and I have gone there for various events and always thought it was a beautiful space. We had spent so much time there over the years that when it came time to choose a venue, there was no question. We got married in the courtyard out back and had gorgeous weather and then had the reception inside. Not a lot of decor was needed because it’s already such a beautiful building. Rich Leder, the Executive Director of the Brooklyn Arts Center is wonderful to work with! We are so happy we chose the Brooklyn Arts Center for our venue!

Jordan · Married on 06/24/2017

There are not enough words for how amazing this venue is! I literally had the most beautiful wedding thanks to the staff at the BAC and the amazing venue! I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you Rich for giving us the best service and making this the best day of our lives. We loved everything about the old Charm, vaulted ceilings, large windows (beautiful for pictures) and the carriage house that the girls used to get ready in the day of the wedding! You must get married here. Thank you again for everything BAC!

Ashley · Married on 01/21/2017

The Brooklyn Arts Center is BEAUTIFUL. We loved the original church but after seeing the Annex, we fell in love with the more intimate space. Rich Leder, the owner, could not have been kinder or more helpful in helping us setting a date (not easy when you have a sick dad!) and making sure everything was perfect/organized/smooth on the day of the wedding. He even let us use the space in the church - with the gorgeous windows - to take pictures (as there was no event in that portion of the building that day), despite the fact that we were using the Annex and NOT the church. It was the PERFECT choice for our perfect day.

Kristina · Married on 11/12/2016

We toured the Annex when it was still under construction, and even though it was the first venue we toured, I knew from the first step in the doors that it could not be beat. Included in the venue is an amazing Bridal Suite downstairs where I was able to spend the morning getting ready with my girls at the venue. It was so nice to not have to run around the day of the wedding, and the setup was perfect for hair/makeup and mimosas! We had our ceremony upstairs with about 60 people standing against the gorgeous stained glass backdrop. Cocktail hour on the main floor was incredible. We hired an acoustic guitarist who played on the perfect wood stage. That, paired with a beautifully designed bar, ...I could have stayed at cocktail hour all night. We transitioned back upstairs for the reception and our guests were blown away with the transformation. Logistically, it was a breeze. I cannot tell you how convenient it was to have everything in the same location. If I could give this venue 10 stars I would. Amazing historical details and built in decor, perfect size for an intimate wedding, and RICH (who was a dream to work with!) We received compliments from everyone who attended the wedding, and for good reason. Absolutely perfect venue.

Dana · Married on 11/12/2016

My husband and I were having a lot of trouble finding a venue we really liked. We started looking in Savannah (where we were living at the time) and didn't like any venues there. We also looked at quite a few in Wilmington (he has a lot of family in the area) and finally took a tour at BAC (the main building and courtyard, not the annex). Rich spent an hour and a half giving us a tour, showing us pictures and talking through what our wedding day would look like. When we got back in our car, we immediately looked at each other and said this was it - we just had that feeling. Our day could not have ran any smoother and been more perfect. BAC is a great clean slate - you can do such a variety of things there and it comes out beautifully! Rich may be more strict that other places on who can be your wedding planner and caterer, but it's because he knows who the best of the best are and only wants his brides and grooms to work with them so their day is flawless. I can't recommend them enough!

Megan · Married on 10/28/2016

My husband and I fell in love with the Brooklyn Arts Center the moment we stepped into the venue. Meeting with Rich absolutely sealed the deal and we knew the BAC was the place for us. Rich was incredible to work with and the venue was just magical. I was a bit nervous when we found out that another wedding would be taking place at the Annex next door, but of course Rich was completely right when he said there would be no issues at all. Bottom line, trust Rich. He is the best. We had multiple friends come up throughout the evening that said they wish they could do over their wedding day at the BAC!

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2016

I would chose the Brooklyn Arts Center a thousand times over for my wedding venue! The staff is fantastic, easy to work with and professional. The venue is stunning which makes for fantastic pictures and a wonderful atmosphere!

Kate · Married on 08/27/2016

Best venue in Wilmington hands down! Rich is wonderful! The venue is gorgeous. Book it you wont regret it!

Paige · Married on 08/20/2016

We scheduled our wedding at the Brooklyn Arts Centere about 5 months prior to our date. Rich was helpful and easy to work with. The venue is responsive, and extremely professional. We loved having the house to get ready in, it made the day much less stressful. The venue has recommended vendors that they work with- everyone we picked was amazing! Overall a great and stress-free experience!

I haven't even gotten married yet, but I am so excited to be using the Brooklyn Arts center as my venue!! Richard is amazing and after meeting with him one time, I can tell that he is enthusiastic about my wedding and wants what's best for the groom and I and our guests. (I wrote this after meeting with Richard before our wedding). Now that we've had our wedding-- I can say that the Brooklyn Arts Center was the best venue!! Having a band for our reception and them being on stage was AMAZING!!! Our reception was a great party that people will be talking about forever. The venue is so gorgeous it speaks for itself and the charm of Richard is the icing on the cake!! Great venue!!

Marissa · Married on 06/24/2016

This spacious venue is amazing! I just had my wedding there, June 2016 and couldn't have been happier!!! Beautiful architecture, history, and location! The owner Rich is the BEST and will make sure you have a PERFECT wedding! If you are looking for a venue with a historic church with breathtaking windows and excellent acoustics, exposed brick, a private and inviting courtyard, and access to the house next door to get ready in the day of the wedding...look no further, this is the place for you!!! Call Rich and book an apt. today!

Rich is by far the best and most accommodating host I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Upon meeting with rich he told us that he was in the business of doing great weddings and he was not lying. The BAC is hands down the best reception site in Wilmington

April · Married on 04/23/2016

In addition to this venue being historic, spacious, and beautiful, its biggest asset is its event director, Rich Leder. He knows weddings and he knows how to get it done so that every couple has their perfect day. My husband and I visited several lovely venues in and around Wilmington, but as soon as we met Rich and visited the BAC, we knew it was perfect for us. I particularly enjoy that there are no time constraints for your event and that for weddings, the ladies have the entire first floor of the manse all day in which to get ready. And with its new annex, the BAC can now accommodate both large and small gatherings! The BAC is definitely worth checking out. You will not be disappointed.

Jen · Married on 03/19/2016

This venue is amazing! So beautiful, the house is available for the bridal party to get ready. Their are multiple size spaces to accommodate different size events. Perfect setup if you are considering a band. The main area has a beautiful balcony overlooking the main area. Rich is the best, he really makes every bride and groom feel extra special.

Ashley · Married on 11/21/2015

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue for my wedding! BAC is absolutely gorgeous on its own but add some flowers, lights, and decor and the place transforms into any bride's fantasy venue. Rich was always very prompt and professional in my endless emails and questions; he even made a suggestion for my layout that made my wedding very unique! His motto is, "This is your perfect day!", and it absolutely was!

Amanda · Married on 11/13/2015

This is an amazing venue! Rich is extremely professional and helpful with everything I need. I couldn't ask for a better experience with a reception venue!

• Lannin

Lannin · Married on 10/17/2015

Gorgeous venue and Rich is beyond amazing and helpful. It was the perfect place for our perfect wedding! The venue speaks for itself and the architecture and beauty of the building is in a category all by itself. It will fit any theme...whether you are the romantic bride with lots of flowers and soft colors, a modern bride with sleek lines and bold or no color, or my type of bride the rustic chic! With farm tables, burlap runners, and soft candle light...this is the venue for you! http://www.eventwire.com/vendors/cf23e5380e50425f/reviews/new

Anna · Married on 10/10/2015

We had the absolute best wedding at the BAC! The venue alone is gorgeous with the exposed brick and wood details. The owner, Rich, is a delight to work with. He made us feel so special from the moment we first met him and throughout the whole planning process. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Rich and the Brooklyn Arts Center! It is a great place to celebrate your wedding!

Jason · Married on 10/10/2015

From the moment we walked into this beautiful venue, as well as meeting Rich for the first time, we knew that this was the perfect wedding venue for us. From day one, Rich made his venue into a place that felt like home. Him and his staff were committed to making our day one that we would never forget, and they accomplished that feat. BAC is absolutely beautiful, and they were able to accommodate any little details that we requested of them in order to make that space our own. All of our guests continue to rave about BAC as one of the best wedding venues they've ever seen, and we hope that Rich and his team continue the wonderful work that they do.

Crystal · Married on 08/01/2015

Absolutely blown away by the venue and by our wonderful wedding day. Rich is wonderful to work with and makes you feel as though the venue truly is YOURS for the day and that was a wonderful feeling. Rich was so open to all of our questions and responded quickly. BAC is a truly beautiful venue and we had such a wonderful wedding day! Thank You Rich!

Peiwen · Married on 07/31/2015

Rich was responsive and a pleasure to work with. He gave good recommendations on vendors before we had a planner, and provided good suggestions for the wedding. We chose BAC as the venue because we were able to have both the ceremony and reception in one place. Having the manse to get ready right next door was a big plus too. And most importantly, our two dogs were able to participate in the ceremony as flower girls.

Not only is this venue amazing but the staff is equally amazing. Richard makes sure you get everything you want!