Brooke Mayo Photography Reviews

Brooke Mayo Photography 7
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Duke · Married on 07/18/2019

Sensational!

I cannot say enough good things about Brooke! She was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was fun and full of energy! But most of all the artistry of her photos is amazing. We are extremely pleased with her price, work, communication and work ethic! We will definitely hire her again for family photos!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Brooke Mayo Photography 8
    Brooke Mayo Photography 9

Chelsea & Mathias · Married on 03/24/2018

From the start, planning with Brooke Mayo was a dream. She was very quick with her responses, and was so friendly and cute to work with, using cute phrases like “love-bugs” and other sweet words! I felt as if I’d known Brooke for a long time! We worked with Candace as our photographer, and she was incredible to work with! We met with her the week before our wedding day, to get an idea of the flow of the day and bounce ideas off her for our exit (which we didn’t have planned yet!). She gave us a great overview of typical flow of the day, and she ultimately let us know it would flow however we wanted. She took great care to ask what was important to us, so she was sure to capture those moments. She also had a great idea of making lists of family members to help quickly find everyone for portraits the day of, this was so helpful because with so many things going on, we wanted to remember to include everyone. Candace took AMAZING images! She captured the raw emotion and happiness on everyone’s faces the entire day and night. She also blended in with the crowd, so much so that I barely noticed her taking photos, and was amazed to see how many she captured! Her “photo-journalistic” style was exactly what we were going for, and her idea of a bubbles exit was perfect, and photographed magically! The images show all of the amazing things we felt that day, and each time I look at them, I have pure joy! Also, Candace and Brooke sent the link with images to us within 48 hours of our wedding day, which was very impressive and fast! Would highly recommend working with Brooke Mayo and Candace Owens!

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Brooke Mayo Photography 10
    Brooke Mayo Photography 11
    Brooke Mayo Photography 12
    Brooke Mayo Photography 13
    Brooke Mayo Photography 14

Sheryl · Married on 10/07/2017

You cannot meet Brooke without immediately loving her! She is down-to-earth and extremely talented! We hired Brooke to do my daughter's engagement and wedding photos and she is amazing! She has the ability to charm even the most stoic subjects coaxing smiles from those who hate to be photographed. Her style is creative and unique - definitely an "outside the box" photographer! Both she and Sarah covered the wedding ceremony & reception (5 hours) and were constantly on the move capturing every special moment and then some! We could not have chosen a better photographer! We love you Brooke!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Brooke Mayo Photography's reply:

THANK YOU, Sheryl, Austin, Steven and Family, we loved playing with your fammy sammy!! Much much love!!!

jan · Married on 06/22/2017

Brooke and Candace made my daughter's wedding come alive through their pictures. they captured the true personalites of the bride and groom as well as our families and all their friends. we loved them so much we made them promise they would always document any special events for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 07/04/2017

kristen · Married on 06/10/2017

Candace and Brooke are AMAZING!! They are super sweet and very helpful. Since I planned my wedding out of state, I would ask their opinion for suggestions on certain things and they were great. Candace was very fun to work with on my wedding day and her work is stunning. I am obsessed with my wedding photos and she was very friendly and helpful through this whole process. Highly recommend both of these ladies!!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Darcey · Married on 05/12/2017

Brooke Mayo Photography was a total home run! Candace was our shooter, and Ashely was her second shooter. From the moment we met Candace, we knew her photography style fit our vibe. The weather was stormy on our wedding night, and Candace asked if we'd be up for taking some photos outside in the rain. We don't take ourselves too seriously, so we were up for anything! These photos look like they should be on the cover of a magazine- and I'm someone who does NOT like having photos of myself around! :) Candace and Ashley were both super professional, firm but sweet (SO important when wrangling family members!), and just all around the perfect choice for us. They made us feel so comfortable, and just made the entire day easy and fun. Brooke, who wasn't even shooting the wedding, even came up to Jennette's to say hi and wish us the best- insanely sweet!!!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Rebecca · Married on 12/31/2016

Where do I begin on complimenting these two wonderful photographers! They traveled to Pa from NC on NYE to photograph my nieces wedding. Spent the day traveling from salon to church to reception. Was always polite, funny, patient and accommodating to bride and guests. Never stopped taking pics! But the icing on the cake was the actual pictures themselves! They captured moments that we will cherish, ones we didn't know happened and some we can't stop laughing about! We now get to relive the day over and over. And it was a magical day. Everyone that has seen the pics are in awe! It is the photographer, not the camera, that is the instrument- AA

Sent on 01/09/2017

Catherine · Married on 09/17/2016

Brooke and Candice are absolute pleasures to work with. They have the most amazing and contagious energy and have found the perfect balance between professionalism and fun. Our engagement photos and our wedding photos are out of this world. Breathtakingly beautiful, we are still astounded every time we view our album. If only we didn't live out of state, we would use them for all our family photography needs.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Brooke Mayo Photography's reply:

Lady!!! THANK YOU!! Y'all were an absolute treat to work and play with and we will gladly come to NY for any of your photography needs!! We hope to see you again soon! XX

karen · Married on 06/07/2016

I've procured Brooke's services twice - once for my daughter's 2009 wedding and again for my own remarriage June 2016. She is an intensely talented and a delightful person - friendly, humorous, happy and kind. She swoops in and quickly blends in with the guests - you almost don't notice she is there until organized family photos when her humor and charm shine through.

She manages to capture expressions and special moments in time that we all remember but rarely have documented.

Everyone that views our pictures goes on about the magic she caught that day.

She is wonderful!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Karen,
    THANK YOU ladybug, it was such a treat to play with your gorgeous fammy sammy again, I loved every second of it, what a treat to be able to document your life's moments!! OX

Linda · Married on 10/24/2015

Brooke was amazing as a wedding photographer. She captured every aspect of our daughter's wedding and the pictures are awesome. I wish we lived closer to her so we could have her capture other special family events.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Brooke Mayo Photography's reply:

Linda, it was such a treat to play with your fammy sammy!! We hope to see you again soon, thank you zillions for leaving a review!!! XO

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2015

After selecting our location and venue, choosing a photographer was my priority. There are some excellent photographers on the Outer Banks, but I had viewed Brooke and Candace's work and knew I couldn't settle for anything less.

Brooke and Candace are fun and have great personalities. Neither of us enjoy being photographed, so it was extremely important that we feel comfortable with our photographer and not take things too seriously. For our big day we went with Candace as our primary photographer, with Robin as her awesome assistant. Many of our guests commented that our photos are the best wedding photos that they have ever seen. Candace did an amazing job highlighting the natural beauty of the Outer Banks coupled with our raw emotion and that of our guests. Even family portraits did not feel stagnant or forced. Personally, we could not be happier with our photos and we obsessively look at them over and over.

Brooke makes the business aspect painless as well. She was always very responsive and helpful. We also could not believe how quickly our full gallery was available to view online. It was ready barely 36 hours after our event, when we were prepared for it to take up to a week. When we arrived home later that week, our digital package was waiting on our doorstep!

Brooke and Candace rock!!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Brooke Mayo Photography's reply:

Lady!! THANK YOU for having us, it was an honor to work and play with your fammy sammy! Much much love!!!

Colleen · Married on 09/20/2015

Brooke and Candice have been wonderful so far. Our wedding is July 19, 2015. Obviously I can't comment on our photos yet. However they have been very responsive to our emails and phone calls. They were flexible when scheduling a meeting when we were in town. We had the chance to review other wedding albums Candice has done. So far we are very impressed and could not recommend them higher. I am sure our pictures will be amazing.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Brooke Mayo Photography's reply:

Thanks ladybug! We can't wait... can't come soon enough!!

Lindsay · Married on 08/29/2014

I can't speak highly enough about Brooke Mayo Photographers. We had many vendors involved in our big day but this one, by far, took the cake on overall service. From the start of our wedding planning experience to the end (and beyond), Brooke and Candace were beyond professional. They responded almost immediately to any emails I sent them (and there were MANY) and were oh so accommodating and sweet. Although we went with Candace as our actual photographer, they work as such a close team that Brooke was always there for us and our many questions etc. Brooke and Candace have even helped me out after our wedding with my crazy obsession with getting our wedding published in various magazines and blogs which they so did not need to do.

One thing that was unique about using Candace as our wedding photographer is that I chose to do a Sassy Buns photo shoot with her a few months before the wedding. She made me feel right at home and I feel like that opportunity gave us a chance to really get to know each other which made seeing her on my wedding day that much more exciting. Those pictures came out beautifully and I used them to create a book for my husband to open on the day of our wedding as his Groom's Gift. I know this is something that he'll cherish forever and I highly recommend doing this as well!

Now for the wedding pictures, they are AMAZING. I actually had someone say that they want to throw away their wedding pictures whenever they see mine and to this day, months later, not a week goes by that someone doesn't comment on their beauty. They captured everything from our special day...Every detail, moment and memory were documented and in such an artful and unique way. We haven't even made our album yet because we can't narrow down our favorites of the almost 2,000 pictures!

I could go on and on about Brooke Mayo Photographers. I highly recommend using them to document your special day! They truly are the sweetest country lady bugs you'll meet.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Brooke Mayo Photography's reply:

Lindsay, THANK YOU sooo much!!! You're super duper thoughtful to leave such an amazing review, I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing this!! Come play with us again soon!!! XOOX

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2013

Candace photographed our wedding and did an amazing job!! We were married in Duck, NC in Sept 2013 at a house we rented on the beach. Candace was easy going and friendly, which worked well for us and the type of wedding we had (intimate & laid back). We organized most of our wedding from Delaware, but drove down a couple weeks before the wedding to meet her. We both felt she'd be a great fit for our wedding. (We had also emailed back and forth with Brooke, who was also so friendly and professional). When I first saw the pictures from my wedding I couldn't stop smiling! She had captured the warm yellow glow from the day, emotion from my family I had missed, and moments during our vows that I now get to relive every day. She is so very talented and I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Candace! Danielle & Chris.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Dana · Married on 03/09/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Brooke Mayo Photography. We were fortunate enough to have Brooke and Candace photograph our March wedding at the Wild Horse Estate in Swan Island. They both were AMAZING! They brought such energy and fun spirit to the party. They helped keep us laughing and smiling to help make our pictures look more natural. We LOVED their photojournalistic style, and none of our pictures look stilted or posed. They came out beautifully. We got 1500 or so pictures from our wedding that we will cherish for our lives together, it is priceless. We thank them both from the bottom of our hearts! Second to our wedding planner Gena--only because she found them for us---they were the best decision we made at our wedding. I highly recommend Brooke Mayo Photography, you will be estatic with their work.

Sent on 04/03/2013

Amy Hilliker · Married on 10/06/2012

My husband and I are EXTREMELY pleased with Brooke Mayo Photographers. We signed them on for our wedding about 9 months in advance. Even from the very first e-mail Brooke, who we selected as our photographer for the day from the three, was very responsive and helpful. She would respond in a timely and professional manner.

Above all, she was a DREAM to work with. She made each situation comfortable and relaxed. She has the bubbliest personality of anyone I have met. Her excitement for her profession is evident and makes the experience pleasurable for everyone. It is easy to see how much she enjoys her job and this too shows in her work.

Not only is Brooke and her team amazing to work with, but the pictures they take capture the specialness of each moment. They are extremely talented and are able to catch each moment at the exactly right time. It is easy to see the emotion in every picture. The images we have from our wedding day will be cherished and looked back on for years to come.

But not only did I, the bride, have the pleasure of working with Brooke, I had a "surprise" shoot first thing in the morning with Candace as well! Two of my friends arranged for her to come and photograph my early morning run, which ended up with me in a veil and white dress and my other work out companions dressed in "formal attire". I would have never guessed that it would be possible to take photographs of people running, but somehow, Candace was able to do so and make us all look good in the process! I can't image that this is an easy feat. She is very skilled with a camera!

My husband and I know that choosing Brooke for our wedding photography was the best choice we could have made. We will recommend her and her team to anyone who wants to capture a special event, of any kind. We can't wait to work them again in the future.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Brooke Mayo Photography's reply:

THANK YOU soo much sassy lady! Such a treat to photograph your wedding and all your other funfabulous events!! Much love our little running queen!

Caroline · Married on 06/16/2012

Brooke, Carrie and Candace are the best of the best! They are absolutely amazing and take incredible shots for our wedding on 5/19 and our Trash the Dress session. They are super caring and they have such wonderful attention to detail. They made all of us feel so comfortable and we had so much fun with them. We can't wait to see them again!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Marielle · Married on 05/27/2012

WOW, Brooke Mayo and her girls take the most amazing pictures! Once we saw their work on her website we just had to aks them to take our wedding pictures and they surpassed our -already high- expectations! In addition to delivering fantastic photographs, the communication with Brooke was second to none. She answered all our questions immediately and patiently and was always friendly and upbeat. Candance was our primary photographer and we were so happy to have her and Brooke there on our fantastic wedding day. They are lovely women and were very flexible when we asked them to stay half an hour longer and add another location. I highly recommend them and intend to use them again in the future for pictures of our kids.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Alison · Married on 05/26/2012

Brooke Mayo and her team are amazing!! Their photos are breath taking! Everyone keeps asking me who took your photo's!!! They capture the whole day and story, just beautiful!
    Besides the work they do being amazing, Brooke is the sweetest lady and so are her ladies that work with her, Candace and Carrie! What a team! Thanks ladies!! xoxxx

Sent on 06/20/2012

Barbara · Married on 05/26/2012

Brooke is an outstanding photographer!!! She captured every special moment the day of the wedding!!! She was warm, and caring and we loved having her be a part of our special day!!! Her work is so amazing!!!!! Can't say enough about Brooke!!!!! Talented lady!!!!

Sent on 07/26/2012
  • O

Chrisie · Married on 06/11/2011

I can't say enough positive things about Brooke and Carrie! My matron of honor used them as her wedding photographers and I completely fell in love with their work and energy. My husband and I did a beeline for their booth at the OBX Wedding Expo last year to see if they were available for our wedding and were thrilled to have them capture images of our special day. Each and every one of the 1,800 (yes, 1,800) photos they took were amazing! They captured every little detail and emotion possible to help us document and relive our day. Beyond the phenomenal photos, Brooke and Carrie are a blast to work with! With pet names, jokes, and funny sayings, you and your guests are guaranteed to be put at ease and have a great time. I can promise that you will not be disappointed if you go with them as your photographers!

Sent on 01/07/2012
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/14/2011

Brooke & Carrie are so great! I didn't think when I set out on my wedding journey that I would really care about our photos. I figured I'd get the run of the mill photographer. Then my hubby & I visited his aunts house and saw their digital photo frame. We thought the pictures were the preloaded ones that come with the software, but no - these were Brooke's photos! Then we met with Brooke & I have to say she is the sweetest lady I think I have ever met!! I knew from then on & I wanted to have her shoot our wedding. Now I have to admit, she was our one real splurge of the wedding but she was worth every penny!! Our pictures turned out fantastic, her & Carrie were so fun on the day of the wedding & we got so many comments from guests who enjoyed their company.

Sent on 05/31/2011

Kelly · Married on 04/30/2011

I can't thank Carrie at Brooke Mayo enough for her incredible pictures. She was a pleasure to work with and we had a great time. Thanks, Carie, for making our day so special. And for reminding us to take the time to breathe and enjoy it. :)

Sent on 06/15/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/17/2010

Carrie was awesome! She was willing to do anything that we wanted and didn't want :) We were new to working with a photographer and wanted to spend as much time with our guests as possible. She quickly walked us through all the standard pictures that we never even thought of. She captured parts of the ceremony that are just out of this world! She captured some of our family and friends that we will cherish forever! She was awesome and I would recommend working with her for anything! We really appreciate how she worked and was very easy to work with! We had a great time! And the photos are AMAZING!

Sent on 04/27/2010

JA · Married on 03/19/2010

Wow! What an amazing photographer! She captures the best moments, unique angles and put everyone at ease. Such high energy and enthusiasm! I highly highly recommend Brooke Mayo for any ocassion you want to capture in photos!

Sent on 12/07/2010