Bristle & PRIM Reviews

Bristle & PRIM 5
  • GabiKappes

Gab · Married on 10/20/2018

Professional & Fun!

I cannot say enough amazing things about the bridal services I received from Bristle and PRIM. Lori, Sarah, and Alex were all amazing. I was planning my wedding from NYC, and decided on Bristle and PRIM from online reviews and photos. The environment was fun, laid-back and I didn't feel stressed about the timing at all. With 11 girls, we were actually finished early. Everything was professional, straight-forward and very seamless -- from paying, to coordinating my trial, to day of. Everyone loved their hair and the styles lasted all night long!

Bristle & PRIM 6
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/15/2018

I cannot say enough good things about the bridal services provided by Bristle & PRIM! Lori, Britni, and Sarah did an amazing job with everyone's hair while Michelle and Allie did everyone's make up beautifully!
    When I went in for my trial, Lori did a gorgeous french braid that went above and beyond my expectations! However, a couple of weeks later I changed my mind on the hair style (it did not suit my "theme") and I did not have time for another trial. I knew I would be in good hands day-of the wedding since she did such an amazing job with the french braid. When she finished with the new style, a french twist, it again, exceeded my expectations!!
    I am still getting so many compliments on my hair and makeup and I still compliment all of my bridesmaids on how beautiful their hair & makeup looked! I strongly suggest using Bristle & PRIM for all your hair & makeup needs.

Sophia · Married on 06/22/2018

If you want perfect hair for yourself and your bridesmaids on your wedding day, book Bristle & Prim. Every single person looked stunning on our wedding day. The getting ready period of time in the morning was perfectly on time, relaxed, and easy - with 12 girls getting ready, the 3 stylists, Lori, Alex, and Britni stuck to the schedule perfectly. Erika, the salon manager, was absolutely amazing to work with as well. Overall, an extremely positive experience and highly recommend! Lori did my bridal hair and took her time to make it perfect - she is incredibly talented and made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! If you’d like to see some of her work, check out her Instagram at @hairbylorilinton - you won’t regret it!!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Bristle & PRIM 7

Bristle & PRIM's reply:

Sophia,
    It was an absolute pleasure working with you! Thank you for your kind words ! Wishing you the very best!!
    Erika

Melissa · Married on 02/10/2018

I booked Bristle & Prim for my February wedding at the Cork Factory Hotel. Coming from Philadelphia, I was unsure of hair and make up services available in the area. I was impressed with photos online from Bristle & Prim and their reviews and decided to give them a try. They were incredibly professional and easy to work with, from coordinating a date for my hair and makeup trial to selecting and paying for services. They definitely exceeded my expectations.

We had Lori and Sarah for hair and Allie and Kiuanna for make up. Having a large bridal party, I was definitely concerned about having all the ladies hair and make up completed in time for photos. All of the hair and make up team were on time, energized and ready to go. The environment was fun and low-key and I didn't feel stressed about the timing at all. Despite the number of ladies we had, we were actually finished early.

All of the bridal party LOVED their hair and make up! They were able to work with a variety of hair textures, hair lengths and skin tones to create a beautiful result that lasted. We unfortunately had rain on our big day, but the hairstyles and makeup still looked fabulous, even at the end of the evening.

Sent on 04/13/2018
    Bristle & PRIM 8
    Bristle & PRIM 9
    Bristle & PRIM 10

Bristle & PRIM's reply:

Melissa is was SUCH a pleasure to work with you and your bridal party ! Thank you so very much for your kind words you are too sweet !! Wishing you the very best - Erika -

Amanda · Married on 01/06/2018

Bristle & PRIM did a great job with my bridal hair and makeup on my wedding day, as well as my five bridesmaids and my two-year-old flower girl. Everyone looked and felt beautiful! Additionally, they were ahead of schedule all morning which left us more time to relax together!

Laura · Married on 06/09/2017

Nicole and her team at Bristle and Prim were amazing and made everyone's hair look stunning for my wedding. Both the bridesmaid hair style and my bridal style were dead on to the inspiration pictures I showed them. Nicole went above and beyond for me fixing a pretty poor haircut I had gotten back home as well before beginning to work on my style. They are super sweet and everyone was very impressed with how well our hair turned out. I definitely recommend this salon for all brides-to-be!

Amy · Married on 02/04/2017

I got my hair done by Nicole (master stylist). She did an amazing job :) I have never felt so elegant and beautiful than how I did on my wedding day. I smile whenever I think about it. The whole staff at Bristle & Prim are just lovely! Everyone is super nice and extremely professional. Nicole is super down to earth and will not be offended if you want to change something. She just wants you to be happy! And you will definitely be happy if you have her do your hair! I'm not usually one to get my hair done because I am pretty picky....but it was so nice being pampered the whole morning and letting someone do my hair that I was confident would do a great job. I highly recommend this place! They come on site to you if you want or you can go to their salon. Check them out! :)

Kasey · Married on 10/22/2016

Amanda did my make-up for my wedding. She was very sweet, professional and my make-up looked amazing! My make-up stayed all day long and I was sad to take it off at the end of the night. The entire staff at Bristle and Prim was very professional and responded to all my e-mails quickly.

Ben · Married on 10/08/2016

I worked with Michelle, Elly and Dana for my hair and makeup for my wedding in October 2016, and I was so happy to work with Bristle and Prim. The entire team was so thoughtful and invested in making sure everything was perfect for my wedding day. Michelle did my hair and makeup, and Elly and Dana did hair and makeup for my mom, sister, and bridesmaids. They were able to open the salon early for us, and we brought in champagne and breakfast. It was such a special morning, and everyone was so happy with how their hair and makeup turned out. They really listened to the preferences of each girl, and were able to make suggestions for things they thought would work well. I am so glad we worked with the Bristle and Prim team for my wedding, and would highly recommend them to other brides!

Rachael · Married on 09/16/2016

We utilized Bristle & Prim for our September Wedding at Wyndridge Farm. Dana was our lead stylist and was so nice to work with. Her consultation really made me excited and at ease for the wedding day. We utilized Dana and an assistant's services for myself, four bridesmaids and two mothers, on-site at the wedding venue. They took requests from my bridesmaids and mothers for their styles and we even finished a bit early, allowing time for touchups and last-minute pinning. All in all, I would highly recommend Bristle & Prim for bridal services as they were a delight to work with.

Angela · Married on 07/16/2016

Elly is a goddess. I literally could not be happier with my hair on my wedding day. She is so down to earth, and so nice. I felt like one of my life long girlfriends was doing my hair. I had my trial about a month before and after looking back at my trial pictures, decided I wanted to change my hair for the big day. Elly was super accommodating and my hair came out even better than I could have imagined. I loved having Elly and Lauren on site with us that morning. They made sure each one of my bridesmaids had a style that flattered them, that they were happy with. And I love that!

Kelsie · Married on 05/14/2016

Dana and Michelle did the hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids and mom. They were so sweet and fun to spend the morning with on our big day. They came to us and it ended up being nice enough for us to get ready outside, they were 100% game for working on the deck. Both girls remembered the adjustments that I wanted to make after my trials and did a great job on the day of! Everyone looked beautiful and still very natural. The schedule was adjusted last minute to prevent having a third stylist, which then meant hair and makeup ran very late on our wedding day, crunching pictures a little bit. But I would still absolutely recommend Bristle & Prim for any girls wedding!!! I wish I lived closer so that it could be my regular salon!

I had a wonderful bridal experience at Bristle and Prim. I received prompt and informative responses to my initial inquiry and to my follow-up questions. I live out of town and was trying to find both hair and makeup services. Dana not only gave me the info I needed about B&P's services but also recommended makeup artists and sent me photos of their work. I found the bridal contract straightforward and reasonable.

As for the hair styling itself, it was even better than I expected, and I had high expectations. Nicole did a wonderful job from the beginning, suggesting the extensions I would need before I even came in for my trial. At the trial, she listened to me and asked good questions that I had not considered. I had a general idea of what I wanted and some photos but hardly the full picture of the style. Nicole got it and created a look in keeping with what I had envisioned.

Everything went smoothly leading up to the wedding, and the folks from B&P recommended that the stylists come to my hotel room to assure that we had plenty of space and calm when getting ready. Nicole and Brittany showed up right on time and got to styling. They did a blow out for my mom, which looked awesome, and a cool, braided updo for my MOH, who was thrilled with it. I had a few tweaks in mind after having (over) analyzed my trial hair. Nicole fully delivered on the revised version of what I wanted. I LOVED my hair and got tons of comments on how beautiful it looked. It was also lots of fun having Nicole and Brittany around, which seems an important consideration when deciding who to include in your special day.

Bottom line, you should not hesitate to book them for your wedding. I also found the pricing very reasonable for what I got.

Anna · Married on 10/17/2015

Bristle and prim did hair for my wedding for 9 people. They did an amazing job! We had zero complaints and the girls were so helpful. All of our hair was done in the timeframe we alloted and it was beautiful. For my bridal hair I had Nicole, the master stylist and my hair was exactly how I envisioned it. We had a trial a couple months prior and even with some changes she nailed it! It stayed in and secure the whole night despite dancing! Her and her partner were very professional yet fun to work with! Every bride wants to feel and look amazing on their wedding day, and Nicole did just that. Amazing team, very talented, and worth every penny. Simply, the best!

Lydia · Married on 06/06/2015

I was in from out of town for my wedding and had no knowledge of local salons. I wanted someone who could work with curly hair and my partner wanted someone who could just do a blow dry and styling. I also wanted a place that used Devacurl products. We also wanted someone who could do makeup for us. Well Bristle and Prim delivered. Nicole, Ellie and the wonderful makeup artist Stephanie, did a fabulous job for us. We highly recommend them all. It was a great experience.

Megan · Married on 06/06/2015

Bristle & PRIM did the most wonderful job, and the salon is such a pretty and relaxing place. In addition to doing a beautiful up-do for my engagement party, Dana did several trials for my wedding day look (I'm very inarticulate when it comes to my hair). Ultimately, on the day of my wedding, Nicole did my up-do and it was fabulous. I had a large bridal party in addition to several family members who had their hair done on the morning of my wedding -- the entire team at Bristle & PRIM worked together seamlessly to make sure that everyone was finished on time, and with beautiful hair! I'd recommend Bristle & PRIM very highly.

Erica · Married on 05/09/2015

Best salon in Lancaster! Innovative and professional.

Kate · Married on 04/12/2015

Hands down the best place for hair and make up in pa (: loved the team at Bristle and Prim!

Cathryn · Married on 03/14/2015

Wouldn't get my hair done by anyone else! Every time I have visited Bristle & Prim I've had a great experience and left with hair that I LOVE (which isn't always easy to say)!

Steph · Married on 12/13/2014

I chose B&P because of a friend that had visited prior and because they have amazing taste. We had so much fun and left very happy-- many of us have been back since!

kayla · Married on 09/18/2010

Bristle & Prim was wonderful the day of my wedding! Had my hair and makeup done by Dana and would highly recommend them to anyone getting married in or around lancaster county.

Stephanie · Married on 10/23/2015

I used B&P for my hair and my bridesmaids' hair - everyone's looked fantastic and held up extremely well throughout the day. Nicole was my stylist and really worked with me to create the look I was going for. Would highly recommend!

Caitlin · Married on 09/01/2018

Perfection!

From the day of the trial to the day of my wedding, I could not have been happier with the services provided by the talented ladies at Bristle & Prim. I truly felt beautiful all day long. Lori fit my personality of being laid-back and fun! My bridesmaids and both the MOB /MOG were extremely satisfied with their hair and makeup. There was never a time were anyone felt rushed or stressed as the schedule provided by the Bridal Coordinator was laid out perfectly. I would highly recommend Bristle & Prim for bridal services as every bride should look and feel their very best on such a special day!

Jessica · Married on 01/13/2018

The team at Bristle and PRIM did the hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day and they did a FABULOUS job! From coordinating the trial to getting ready on the big day and everything in between, everyone at B&P was friendly, flexible, and professional. I had to re-book my trials several times due to conflicts with my work, and it was done without issue. I was a little unsure exactly what look I wanted for my wedding day, but my trials with Lori and Amanda were perfect and they helped me really iron out what would be best for me and the look and feel of the day. On the day of, all my girls looked stunning and the stylists were able to do exactly what my girls wanted. If you want to look fabulous on your big day, I definitely recommend Bristle and PRIM!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/31/2016

I haven't booked them yet for my wedding hair/makeup, but I am a curly bride and Ellie gave me the best Deva curly cut of my life. If you are a curly bride who is scared to get a haircut too close to the wedding, I highly recommend having an appointment with Ellie or any of the other Deva stylists at Bristle and Prim. I was able to tell her what I wanted in just one sentence, and she understood completely. At first I was worried that she wasn't constantly asking me if I liked what she was doing (this is something that other Deva stylists have often asked me) but I totally got it when I saw the finished result: it was because she understood exactly what I wanted and how to make that look awesome on me, and didn't need to keep checking in. The shape is great, my hair looks healthy and bouncy, and people keep giving me compliments! Another big positive: -The salon is totally gorgeous and has a calming atmosphere that I think would be great for getting ready before the wedding! Just one negative: Ellie did put a product in my hair that I didn't think would have enough hold...and it didn't. I will talk to her about that before I book for my wedding hair. If you really know what products you like, be firm about it!