Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films Reviews

Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 6
Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 7

Allison · Getting married on 04/01/2020

Friendly and fun!

While I ended up choosing a photographer that was more local to me, I was really impressed by the quality of the photos and of the conversation I had with Steve. He was very responsive to all of my questions, offered a great set of services, and most importantly, was just really fun to talk to. It’s so critical you like your photographer since you spend so much time with them on the big day – and Steve is very easy to like. I definitely recommend reaching out!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Chloe Manuel · Getting married on 12/05/2019

An Amazing Team!!

From the very first phone to the delivery of our wedding video and photos Steve and Janell have hands down been the perfect vendor. They helped us avoid a few costly mistakes during planning , save time, tears and a lot of money. Their experience, attention to detail and sincerity were apparent at every interaction — they were so much more than just our photographers .

I highly recommend this Amazing Team!!!!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie Cunningham · Married on 09/07/2019

Very friendly!

Steve and his wife are a power couple! They are so friendly and very accommodating to provide exactly what you want.

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Sarahgail

Sarahgail Ledgister · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Steve was the best photographer anyone could ask for. He went above and beyond for us and was extremely patient with us. He never rushed me even though I was an hour late and constantly reassured me. He develops a schedule for you of your wedding day and at first you might not think you need it but trust me, it’s a life saver and it truly makes him stand out from the rest. I’m sure my pictures and video will be just as amazing as our experience dealing with him. He is worth every penny and so much more! It speaks volumes if your friends, family and total strangers comment on how awesome your photographer is and how great of a job he does with keeping everyone on track. I’ll never forget the work he and his crew did and I thank them endlessly!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly recommend!

If I could give Steve higher than 5 stars I would. he was amazing. He gave me everything and more that I asked for. The day of the wedding we had a huge storm and he called before his start time to make sure I was doing ok. All of the pictures came out amazing, and I got them back quickly. I highly reccomend him and will continue to recommend him to anyone I know looking for a photographer.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Alana Brady · Married on 05/11/2019

So much fun to work with!

Helped make planning easier, and was so fun to have at the wedding. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Jayden Tran · Married on 03/10/2019

Awesome Photographer and Videographer

Steve and team did a fantastic job for our wedding! He was easy to work with and went beyond our expectations. He was more than just the photographer, he also doubled as the planner. He provided us with a timeline and help direct us and the guest to get the best possible photos and videos.

Steve has a friendly and passionate personality that made him easy to work with. He was able to get us to smile and act naturally for the best shots. He would always observe our actions and listen to our needs. When we were tight on time, he would always ask what we wanted, and tried to accommodate us.

The photos and video that the Brilliant Captures team created were just amazing! We couldn’t be happier! We’re still looking at them every night! Their professionalism, execution, and end-product are the best we’ve experienced. We would definitely recommend Brilliant Captures!

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing Photographer

Steve was heaven sent from the beginning until our actual wedding day. He was so flexible and worked with us to schedule our engagement photos since we lived out of state. He was able to break us out of our shell and capture some fantastic moments; everyone is still talking about how gorgeous those pics were! On the day of the wedding, he was both our photographer and my comforter. We were running behind but he found a way to use that time wisely and get some bridal shots in. We were worried about losing the sun to the sunset, and he helped us navigate through the ceremony to shorten it and STILL get all of the shots we wanted before the sun set. I don't know if any other photographer would've had the patience or talent to get that done! I can't wait to see how our photos turned out!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Aron Braithwaite · Married on 12/12/2018

A blessing

Something about capturing your most pleasurable memories with the prefect lighting is not always at your fingertips. Unless you know you picked one of the best In the industry. Please don’t like me take up the spot light because Steve is the one who has the eye and the touch to bring out the Beauty in your pictures or videos. Having a camera looking at you can be intimidating which will show in the pictures, so just know you will feel at ease showing off the true you. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Angie · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing! Steve does a great job of making you feel comfortable during the session. He was easy to contact and quick in responding. I will definitely book him again.

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • sonia

sonia · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Photographer/videographer we could have chosen!

We couldn’t be more happier with any other photographer and videographer for our wedding! From our engagement pictures to our wedding day Steve really made us feel so comfortable during our shoot and had such an amazing time in the mix of it all! He was very patient with our wedding party being we had 9 bridesmaids and 9 groomsmen and we all know how difficult that can be. Him and his wife, which was our wedding planner made such a perfect team together. They both definitely know how to make a bride and groom feel special and we had so much fun doing it all. Our wedding video is seriously to die for! I cry and get the chills every time I see it! I’m so thankful to have that too look back on when we want to relive the best day of our lives again. I will recommend him to all our family and friends for sure! Best decision ever!!

Sent on 05/08/2019
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 8
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 9
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 10

Bobbie · Married on 08/12/2018

Brilliant Captures was amazing to work with. From the engagement photos to the wedding photos, everything was captured in the most beautiful, timeless way. The wedding day was captured from beginning to end just as we remembered it. With all of the craziness of a wedding day, Steve was so great to work with. We highly recommend Brilliant Captures.

Sent on 09/08/2018

Carly · Married on 07/07/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would!! This team is incredible- Steve is hands down the most on top of it, fun to work with, talented photographer around. He made our engagement session, my bridals, and my wedding day so memorable. The work he did was beautiful. I hate pictures of myself, but I can’t stop looking at these photos and they will be framed all over our home. Steve went above and beyond what a photographer is ever expected to do and I can’t thank Brilliant Captures enough!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 16
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 17
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 18

Tammy · Married on 06/13/2018

Steve was amazing and made my daughter’s wedding experience complete. The pictures were beautiful and he added a unique humor that eased any tensions that exist on a wedding day. He also worked with our small wedding situation and made a package that worked for all of us. I’m so grateful as a mom to have found his company (especially because I was from California planning the wedding in Texas)!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films's reply:

Thanks so much for trusting me with your daughters big day from 2,000 miles away. It was my pleasure.

Sarah · Married on 06/13/2018

Steve did absolutely wonderful at our wedding! He adjusted to our small wedding and at somewhat last minute! He made everyone photographed feel totally comfortable. He was a talented photographer and i wished that he had gotten my engaged photos too! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/28/2018
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 19
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 20
    Brilliant Captures Photography & Short Films 21

kelli · Married on 04/14/2018

Steven is great phtograpgher with the wit , creativity , and charisma to get you amazing results on your big day. We highly recommend.

Rebecca · Married on 04/05/2018

Very easy to work with and an exceptional value for the price point.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Cheryl · Married on 04/01/2018

Hire Steve!!! Seriously, it was one of the best decisions of our wedding planning expirence. He was so great to work with and the quality of his work was amazing.

Lakshmi · Married on 03/02/2018

Brilliant Captures handled both the videography and photography for all three days of our wedding celebration and product we received back was excellent. Steve and his team are talented, unobtrusive, and true professionals. My family and I were very impressed and I would highly recommend.

Katie · Married on 03/01/2018

My husband and I are in the military and we both set our hearts on getting married in Texas ( our home state). We had to make some descions with vendors sight unseen. We actually spoke with Steve a number of times over a two week period and we knew that he was the best man to meet our needs. He listened to our vision, let us input our personalities into our photos and provided us with three other vendors that were also excellent. The day wouldn't have been the same without him.
    Steve and Janell- thank you so much for treating our wedding with the utmost respect and care. We loved every moment of it and we’re beyond greatful.

Jamie · Married on 02/10/2018

Just an amazing photographer and human being. Steve hosted us at his home a handful of times before wedding day to listen to our concerns and small victories . His wife Janell actually did our wedding planning and they became our one stop shop for sanity during the planning process. I can’t speak highly enough about the quality of the photos , experience, and service we received. If they’re available book don't hesitate to book with them for your big day!!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Kellie · Married on 01/12/2018

I was so impressed with the way Steve handled our 14 person wedding party and our 210+ guest. A true professional, I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Victoria · Married on 12/31/2017

Steve and Janell thank you for an amazing experience, our big day wouldn’t have been the same without you.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Shelby · Married on 12/30/2017

I’m a corporate event planner by day and I’ve collected a great list of vendors over the years. My go to photographers were booked on my wedding day and also really expensive. I was reffered to Steve and Janell by a coworker who used them for both her wedding videography and photography. From the intial phone to the day I recieved our wedding albums I was wowed. Their level of detail, planning and execution is unmatched. I can honestly say they are the absolute best vendor I’ve worked with. If you haven’t guessed — they are now my new go-to photographers for corporate events and you would be lucky to have them as part of your big day!! This is a no- brainer folks, if they’re available BOOK them!!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Rebecca · Married on 11/04/2017

It was a treasure hunt to find Brilliant Captures. We went to three wedding shows, interviewed a couple other photographers from our vendors preferred list and we just couldn’t find the connection we needed . One afternoon I walked into a new co workers office to introduce myself and noticed a small album of her engagement photos that she kept at her desk. I loved the photos and asked her a few more questions about the overall experience . She firmly insisted that I speak with Steve and Janelle. The initial phone call went well and that Sunday afternoon Bryce and I met them at their home. They were as advertised . They listened to our questions, addressed our concerns, added helpful suggestions and just had a more genuine and selfless quality than the other photographers we spoke with. For the price, quality , overall experience, and professionalism you won’t find a photographer. Trust me I’ve done the research.

Sent on 03/21/2018