Bright Occasions Reviews

57 | Silver Spring, MD

57 Reviews for Bright Occasions

Liz Murray-Rust · Married on 10/13/2018

The best decision we made.

Working with Margo and her team at Bright Occasions was such a pleasure! Margo was very responsive and proactive in helping us coordinate our wedding day. Every time we needed to make a decision, Margo was there to guide us and answer questions. We really appreciated her attentiveness and thoughtfulness down to the last detail. Our wedding day went so smoothly, and we felt at ease knowing Bright Occasions was there to help. We had a great time, and our guests did too!

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

I cannot recommend Bright Occasions enough. During the planning process, Margo ensured that we thought through every major issue and had very helpful organizational documents to help streamline planning. She attended some month-of meetings with vendors and asked key questions, which was incredibly helpful. She was always responsive via email and kept in touch leading up to the wedding. Margo and her team were warm, friendly, supportive, organized, and discrete. On the wedding day itself, Margo and her team made it possible for my family and me to truly enjoy the day without worry, knowing that they would handle any issue with vendors and keep us all on schedule. Hiring Bright Occasions was, without a doubt, one of the best wedding decisions we made. Thank you!!

Anne · Married on 03/10/2018

Margo is amazing! I don't know what I have would have done without all of her help. She picked out the perfect vendors and designed a beautiful wedding that was better than I could have ever imagined. She responds quickly to any and all emails and is incredibly organized. The wedding was absolutely seamless because of all her hard work, and my husband and our bridal party loved working with her as well. Highly recommend Bright Occasions!

Ally · Married on 10/07/2017

I worked with Bright Occasions for my wedding this past fall. Margo and Courtney were wonderful to work with - professional, available and fun. They were able to anticipate my needs before I even thought of them, and were great about coordinating with all of the vendors I used. Overall, a must - I wasn't set on getting a planner but when I met with them, it was clear they knew what they were doing. A MUST for any DC bride.

Jen · Married on 05/06/2017

Margo was the "asset of the day." Thanks to Bright Occasions, our wedding was seamless. We live across the country in California so having a planner in D.C. was crucial. Leading up to the wedding, I could email, call or text Margo with anything and she would respond immediately. Wedding planning is stressful. Margo is calm, smart, thoughtful and takes the anxiety out of preparing for the big day. Even in the moment, when faced with a rain plan decision, her suggestion made all the difference. She thinks outside the box and is a MUST HAVE when planning a wedding in the D.C. area.

Marshall · Married on 12/03/2016

We hired Margo for her month-of management service and it was such a huge help. We both work in politics, so we were busy and stressed and unable to do lots of the planning until 3 weeks until the wedding. Margo was a huge asset to make sure we stayed organized, our vendors were coordinating everything, and we didnt miss one detail. Margo really understood what we wanted and was able to provide advice when we needed it. She stood up for us with vendors and make sure the wedding exceeded all of our expectations. We highly recommend hiring her and will be telling all of our friends about her amazing work!

Emily · Married on 10/15/2016

I read the recent reviews of Margo and the Bright Occasions team, and I could not agree more with the positive remarks and 5 star rating. I was very hesitant to hire a Wedding Coordinator in general, however upon meeting Margo I quickly changed my mind. My husband and I both agree that it was the best decision that we made throughout the planning process, and I can't imagine having such an enjoyable wedding day without her assistance. Margo is professional, quick to respond, and has such a calming and friendly personality which is so helpful through such an emotional and stressful process. She is very detail-oriented and thoughtful, and took my vision and executed it perfectly.

We used Margo's services for month of and day of coordination and my only regret is that I didn't work with her sooner through the entire design & planning process. We would highly recommend Bright Occasions to anyone and everyone who is planning a wedding!

Casey · Married on 10/08/2016

Courtney is fantastic! Attention to detail is her best quality as a Wedding Planner, but genuine kindness is her best quality as a friend.
    We really felt like Courtney was a friend as she helped us through our wedding planning process.
    It can be a stressful time, but she really took away our stress and it allowed us to have so much fun!
    We enjoyed working with her so much. She is thorough, professional, and detail-oriented.
    Some of our guests even thought "wow that wedding guest is a really helpful coordinator!"
    We received many compliments from our guests about how nice Courtney was, and how great of a job she did. And we feel exactly the same way!!
    Don't look any further for Day-Of Coordinator or full wedding planning services, Courtney is your gal.

Martha · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I can't imagine having planned our wedding with anyone else! We worked with Margo Fischer and Bright Occasions for month of plus additional wedding design services and had a truly great experience. Margo was incredibly helpful, responsive, smart and organized, not to mention funny and easy to talk to and work with! It was wonderful working with and getting to know her over the year leading up to our wedding.
    Our wedding was at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, VA, which is not a traditional venue and requires a lot of work in the space (in a short period of time) for wedding set up. It really gave us piece of mind to know that Margo would make sure everything went smoothly! I didn't have to think about or stress over any last minute (or just regular) details--she had it completely under control. If you're considering a month of (or full) planner, Bright Occasions is the way to go!

J · Married on 09/24/2016

Margo is simply amazing. We cannot write enough praise for her. We worked with Margo for over a year leading up to our wedding. She helped us find the best vendors in the area, putting us in touch with small businesses and amazing local vendors that all share the highest respect for Margo. Margo helped us find the best deals and respected our budget. Margo single-handedly saved us thousands of dollars, while still helping us find the best quality and value for every single aspect of the wedding. She is incredibly organized and responsive. We moved out of the state only a month before the wedding and we did not have a single worry because we knew we were in such good hands. On the day of the wedding, Margo and her team were incredible. Margo's vision for the wedding was stunning, everything worked perfectly, and was amazingly coordinated. Our wedding was so wonderful, all because of Margo and her colleagues. Best day ever.

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Margo is absolutely wonderful! My mom hired her on the spot when we first met her. For 7 months leading up to our wedding she went above and beyond to make things easier for us during the planning process. She is extremely responsive and always on top of things. She was also there on the wedding day keeping everything moving and on schedule. I would 100% recommend hiring Margo to plan your wedding!

Joshua · Married on 09/04/2016

We strongly recommend Bright Occasions for wedding planning. After we got engaged, my wife and I were determined to plan an awesome wedding, but we didn't want the planning to take over our lives. Bright Occasions allowed us to accomplish that goal. From our first meeting through till the wedding, Margo was incredibly professional, kind, helpful. She broke down the planning into manageable tasks and helped keep us on track. She helped us identify the right vendors for each part of our special day. She was responsive and always got back to our emails with thoughtful replies, at least within 24 hours, but sometimes within minutes.

Incredibly detail oriented, Margo ensured that each aspect of our wedding received attention. No detail went unnoticed. On the day of the wedding, Margo was with us throughout, and made sure each aspect of our special day went perfectly. We had so much fun at our wedding celebrating with family and friends and we really didn't have to worry about much. We can't thank her enough for her help. If you are looking for a wedding planner, we strongly recommend the Bright Occasions.

Robert · Married on 07/23/2016

Bringing Margo/Bright Occasions on board to help plan our July wedding was the best wedding planning decision we made! From day one, Margo provided us with invaluable service that made the wedding planning process enjoyable, seamless and most importantly fun!! We worked with her for about 14 months and each step of the way she had check-ins, making herself accessible whenever needed. We were amazed at her responsiveness to emails. Everything was always like clockwork, and as a bride, that is refreshing. She was always there to listen to our ideas or dilemmas and provide input and suggestions. She has incredible taste and attention to detail which led to a gorgeous ceremony and reception room! We continuously felt supported, helping us carry out any decision we decided upon as a couple and family to make the wedding our own!
    Margo has built a wonderful reputation for herself across the area wedding industry. Everyone we spoke to only had wonderful things to say about her! After working with her, we now know why. We always felt Margo went above and beyond for us in so many ways. If you are considering hiring Margo, do it!!

• MS1026

Maya · Married on 07/16/2016

We worked with Margo for partial planning for our July 2016 wedding at The Hay-Adams. If I could, I would give her 10 stars, but WeddingWire limits me to 5!

We interviewed 8 planners in the DC area, and none of them compared to Margo. Her attention to detail, responsiveness, and calm kindness are apparent from the get-go. Margo will keep you organized and on track without ever stressing you out. She gives thoughtful input when asked, but never pushes her own opinion; she wants your ideas and opinions to be the star, and goes above and beyond to make things happen exactly the way you want them to. Best of all, she is SO responsive and easy to work with; you will never have to wonder when she’ll get back to you. We always felt like we were her only clients, even though she was fully booked this summer.

We were planning a DC wedding from out-of-town, and had booked a venue, but needed help with everything else. Margo helped us refine our vision and find the vendors that were right for our budget, aesthetic, and personalities -- perfectly balancing her gentle input with letting us make our own decisions. She kept us on track without ever pressuring us or rushing us. When we got stressed, she empathized and then calmed us down. When we wanted things that didn’t seem do-able, she simply made them happen.

Most remarkable is how Margo stepped up when my mom passed away 4 months before the wedding. Without a word, Margo seamlessly took over the details my mom had been working on, and found ways to quietly make my life easier during that terrible time, including supporting me through the emotional ups and downs of trying to make decisions without my mom. Margo is terrific at her job – but more importantly, she is an amazing, caring person. In a horrible time, she took care of our hearts as much as she did our wedding details.

I can’t say enough good things about Margo. I know you’ll love her as much as we did.

Margo was the best, she was great for planning and helping with vendors the month before and absolutely necessary on the weekend of. We used her for the last month coordination and she really helped drive the schedule and coordination of all of our vendors; in addition, she made the room look beautiful both for our ceremony and our reception and she brought gifts and photos over to the hotel room after to make it super easy. Highly recommend.

Booking Bright Occasions was the absolute best decision we made during the wedding planning process! Margo was delightful to work with every step of the way. She kept us on track and helped us think through tough decisions while also ensuring we did what was best for us personally. She had excellent recommendations and often went above and beyond to help us, even when she did not have to. Margo responds to email promptly (its amazing!) and always puts up an out of office message when she is in meetings, so if she didn't respond immediately you always knew why. She is organized, professional and absolutely knows the ins and outs of the DMV wedding industry. Her recommendations were always on point and she really helped us plan our dream wedding.

Most importantly, at least to us, EVERYONE who met her (bridesmaids, groomsmen, family, friends) genuinely thought Margo was the kindest most pleasant wedding planner they had ever worked with. She has a special ability to gain your attention and get things done while still being sweet and approachable, even during crunch time on the day of the wedding. We really loved having her with us on our special day!

Renuka · Married on 02/20/2016

Margo was invaluable in helping make our dream wedding day. I chose Margo after talking to several wedding planners because she really seemed focused on making our wedding “our wedding” rather than encouraging us to have a picture perfect wedding that would be featured in a magazine. I quickly discovered that in the wedding industry, the sky is the limit, but Margo was willing to work with the budget we proposed rather than escalating it for the picture perfect wedding. Of course, we wanted a beautiful wedding, but we wanted the focus our day to be on us and our commitment to each other and the enjoyment of our guests.
    Early on, Margo was helpful in making wonderful vendor recommendations and provided a great sounding board for our wedding ideas. There are so many ideas out there on pinterest and other online sites and hundreds of wedding vendors in the area, so it is easy to get lost in the process. Margo created a planning and budget schedule that really helped us stay on target. She was great about suggesting traditional ways weddings are done and open to ideas when we wanted to go off the beaten path.
    Come wedding day, Margo was calm and organized and made sure everything ran smoothly. She was unobtrusive, letting us enjoy the day, stepping in just enough to keep the day flowing, then quickly stepping out of the limelight. It was wonderful having her there so that my fiance and I and our families could fully participate in the day rather than focusing on orchestrating the event.
    In the end, I think our wedding was the perfect mix, filled with love and meaningful touches and exuding a classy, romantic elegance worthy of any magazine. Every bride wants to feel that her wedding is the perfect wedding, and Margo really helped make that happen.

Scott · Married on 11/21/2015

Margo with Bright Occasions is an absolute pleasure to work with! As the Director of Catering at a hotel / wedding venue, I work with a lot wedding planners and Margo is a joy to have on a wedding vendor team. Margo is extremely detail oriented and organized and she always responds in a timely manner whenever information or input is needed. I was actually lucky enough to work with Margo on two different weddings this year, and I would highly recommend her as a wedding planner for anyone that is looking for month of assistance or full service planning.

Katie · Married on 11/21/2015

Margo was my favorite vendor that we worked with for our wedding. She is like no one I have met before. She's simultaneously firm when things need to get done and soft-spoken and calming when the moment calls for it. Her priority is advocating for her clients, and we knew she would seamlessly handle anything that came up. She has incredible knowledge of the wedding industry, the players, and impeccable organizational skills. I can't imagine not having had her by our side for our wedding. Thank you, Margo!

Margo was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. She was warm and comfortable and helped us make difficult decisions. She was enthusiastic without being overbearing and helped navigate the waters of planning a wedding in Washington, DC! She always did everything she said she would, always took care of anything that was stressing us out and we could always tell she had great relationships with the other vendors we selected.

We would highly recommend Margo and Bright Occasions to any of our friends!

Jenny · Married on 10/03/2015

Everyone who has worked with Margo will surely praise her organization, attention to detail, and professionalism. Let me add this: What impressed me most about Margo was how well she understood me and the kind of wedding I wanted. I presented a challenge as a bride—I'm laid back, allergic to details and planning, and get annoyed about spending money on things like, uh, flowers, yet I wanted an exquisite and tasteful wedding. I feel like Margo grasped this all very quickly. I decided to pay her for design services as well as coordination, which was probably one of the best decisions I ever made. Unless you plan major events on the regular, you just really don't know how many tables and chairs are needed, how to set them up, how to create a vibe through color and fabric and decorations. I wanted everything to look chic, and I didn't want to do any of it myself. Margo handled it perfectly. I *enthusiastically* recommend her.

Margo was the first vendor we booked after our venue (though we met with her even before the venue was set), and we could not have been happier with the result. Although Margo was our coordinator (not planner), she was always available to answer questions (big or small) by email (How do we address invitation envelopes? When do ceremonies usually start?). When we handed off coordination to her several weeks before the wedding, it was such a relief -- we knew everything was in good hands! And, we are still getting compliments from wedding guests about Margo. I'm still hearing stories of how she fixed the little things (that I knew nothing about) throughout the day -- repairing my mother-in-law's shoe, keeping the small children out of the reserved seats in the front row of our ceremony, etc. She had a great relationship with all of our other vendors (whether she worked with them before or not), and we really appreciated that too. I cannot emphasize how wonderful it was to have a stress-free wedding day -- so much of that was because of Margo!

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 08/01/2015

What can I say about Margo? Well, to start, she is AMAZING and was "our rock"!!!!!! My finance and I used Bright Occasions for partial planning services, and we couldn't recommend Margo more highly. She is a true professional through and through. Before we hired Margo, we were overwhelmed with trying to plan a wedding in DC. After hiring Margo, we felt like we didn't have to worry about a thing. She suggested vendors that met our style and were within our budget. She made me feel at ease throughout the entire process with both her professionalism and her demeanor, and on the day of the wedding, she was everything advertised and more. I didn't have to worry about a thing and got to focus on enjoying the reception with family and friends and my new husband. The entire wedding party, and our parents, couldn't help raving about how great she was the entire day. If you are thinking of getting married in DC, do yourself a favor and hire Margo as fast as humanly possible. You will be glad you did.

• User4020117 · 2+ years ago

Courtney was a pleasure to work with. She is responsive, organized, and has great ideas to share. She made sure that our wedding ran smoothly despite unexpected weather and equipment malfunctioning. She went above and beyond our expectations - drove all the gifts, leftover meals, etc to our hotel room. She would be an asset to anyone's wedding planning/coordination!