Bright Occasions Reviews

Bright Occasions 5
Bright Occasions 6
Bright Occasions 7

Courtney Nolan · Married on 08/03/2019

The greatest planner in the DC area

I’ve worked alongside Margo for almost five years and when I got engaged, I couldn’t picture working with anyone else to plan my wedding. Margo was professional at every turn, was responsive to emails and texts, and helped us bring our vision to life. So many of our guests commented on her positive demeanor during the wedding; she was informative without being pushy (as I’ve seen far too often at other weddings I’ve attended). She was incredibly understanding of our cost constraints, as my fiancé and I were paying for the majority of the wedding ourselves. She had great ideas, solved problems quickly, and made my wedding day experience perfect. I am so lucky to have had Margo and her team with me throughout the day.

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Bright Occasions 8
    Bright Occasions 9
  • Amy

Amy Fowler · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Experience

We can’t say enough about how wonderful Margo was throughout the entire process of planning our wedding. We worked with her for partial planning for nearly a year and a half leading up to our wedding. Margo initially came recommended to us after we had asked our venue what wedding planners they preferred to work with and Bright Occasions was at the top of their list. It was essential to us that we had a planner as we work overseas in Taiwan and would only be able to make two trips back to the DC area prior to our wedding. Hiring Margo was the best decision we made when planning our wedding as she was always prompt in replying to our messages and was willing to skype/meet within our schedules (a twelve-hour time difference!). She also made sure that we stayed on track and helped with any etiquette questions we had as our situation was a bit different. Margo recommended some wonderful vendors that helped pull off our vision and made everything so seamless on our wedding day. We had several vendors comment to us that they really enjoyed working with Margo and were glad that we had chosen her as our planner.

On the day of the wedding, everything was perfect and stress-free. She really exceeded our expectations as everything was so beautiful and well thought out in terms of timelines and set-up. Following our wedding, we had so many people comment on how wonderful everything was and that it was the best wedding that they have attended in years. We credit that to Margo who truly helped to make our vision a reality.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Amy · Married on 06/08/2019

Margo is Amazing!

I can't even state how much I recommend Margo. She was so great throughout the year that we worked with her as our planner. Margo went above and beyond by recommending numerous vendors, solving problems that came up, and being very responsive. I live in New York and got married in Maryland. I also was starting a new job at the time when I got engaged. There is no way I would have been able to plan this on my own. From recommending the best vendors, to meeting with my mom and vendors when I was unavailable, to frequent phone calls, she was truly the best and easiest to work with. We also had a lot of issues with our venue and Margo made sure I was not stressed out and took care of any issue that came up. We loved her so much we are having her back to plan my sisters upcoming wedding !

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 04/27/2019

Bright Occasions is the Best!

Margo with Bright Occasions is the best! She is incredibly organized, has tons of experience and connections, and great vision. Margo has a very calming presence yet will get everyone in line and take charge. She took the vague ideas we had and turned them into the perfect wedding for us. Our family and friends were shocked that we weren't more stressed leading up the wedding day, and we told them it was thanks to Margo. We couldn't have been happier with our wedding and our decision to hire Bright Occasions!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Cori · Married on 04/13/2019

Magically Magnificent

There are a lot of things that go into planning a wedding and if you don't have the right vendor team behind you, it becomes difficult to make your dreams a reality. We knew what we wanted (a Harry Potter themed wedding), we just didn't know how to make all the moving parts fit... until we ran into Margo's page. We probably talked to 20 event designers before finding her page and hiring her was one of, if not the BEST decision we made regarding our wedding. Margo is absolutely amazing and our words won't do her justice. She met and exceeded our expectations for the very beginning. She made our dream wedding into a magical fairy tale. Margo is someone you want in your corner, she is quick and efficient when coordinating with other vendors, receptive to your ideas and figures out ways to incorporate them seamlessly. She is the finishing touch we needed to make our wedding a truly unique, amazing, and unforgettable experience. We could not have made this wedding what it was without her!!!

Sent on 04/22/2019
    Bright Occasions 10
    Bright Occasions 11
    Bright Occasions 12
    Bright Occasions 13
    Bright Occasions 14
    Bright Occasions 15

Bright Occasions's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Cori! It was truly our pleasure to be a part of your wedding! It was a magical day and it was wonderful to work with you on the event design.

Lisa F · Married on 12/30/2018

Couldn’t have done it without Margo

Margo and her team are so organized, thoughtful, and calming - we never doubted that they wanted us to have the best day of our lives. We instantly felt more relaxed when we started working with Margo for month-of coordination. She helped us with last minute requests (such as finding a videographer 4 days before our wedding), participated in numerous phone calls with vendors and kept everyone and everything on track. Margo is a rock star and we and our families are so happy Bright Occasions was a part of our wedding!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Liz Murray-Rust · Married on 10/13/2018

The best decision we made.

Working with Margo and her team at Bright Occasions was such a pleasure! Margo was very responsive and proactive in helping us coordinate our wedding day. Every time we needed to make a decision, Margo was there to guide us and answer questions. We really appreciated her attentiveness and thoughtfulness down to the last detail. Our wedding day went so smoothly, and we felt at ease knowing Bright Occasions was there to help. We had a great time, and our guests did too!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

I cannot recommend Bright Occasions enough. During the planning process, Margo ensured that we thought through every major issue and had very helpful organizational documents to help streamline planning. She attended some month-of meetings with vendors and asked key questions, which was incredibly helpful. She was always responsive via email and kept in touch leading up to the wedding. Margo and her team were warm, friendly, supportive, organized, and discrete. On the wedding day itself, Margo and her team made it possible for my family and me to truly enjoy the day without worry, knowing that they would handle any issue with vendors and keep us all on schedule. Hiring Bright Occasions was, without a doubt, one of the best wedding decisions we made. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Anne · Married on 03/10/2018

Margo is amazing! I don't know what I have would have done without all of her help. She picked out the perfect vendors and designed a beautiful wedding that was better than I could have ever imagined. She responds quickly to any and all emails and is incredibly organized. The wedding was absolutely seamless because of all her hard work, and my husband and our bridal party loved working with her as well. Highly recommend Bright Occasions!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Ally · Married on 10/07/2017

I worked with Bright Occasions for my wedding this past fall. Margo and Courtney were wonderful to work with - professional, available and fun. They were able to anticipate my needs before I even thought of them, and were great about coordinating with all of the vendors I used. Overall, a must - I wasn't set on getting a planner but when I met with them, it was clear they knew what they were doing. A MUST for any DC bride.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Jen · Married on 05/06/2017

Margo was the "asset of the day." Thanks to Bright Occasions, our wedding was seamless. We live across the country in California so having a planner in D.C. was crucial. Leading up to the wedding, I could email, call or text Margo with anything and she would respond immediately. Wedding planning is stressful. Margo is calm, smart, thoughtful and takes the anxiety out of preparing for the big day. Even in the moment, when faced with a rain plan decision, her suggestion made all the difference. She thinks outside the box and is a MUST HAVE when planning a wedding in the D.C. area.

Sent on 06/16/2017

Brianna · Married on 04/22/2017

We absolutely loved working with Margo! It was a wonderful experience and the absolute best decision we made in planning our wedding. After seeing a wedding Margo had done featured in the Washingtonian, I knew she was the planner for us, and our initial meeting confirmed it. From the very beginning, I felt like she really understood what our (sometimes vague) vision was for our wedding and how to turn it into reality. She recommended amazing vendors for us, and was always available for questions and to provide a calm, reassuring voice if I had a moment of indecision or wedding-related anxiety. Margo also has an incredible eye for design. Assistance with the look and feel of our wedding was one of the main reasons we decided to hire a planner, and Margo did not disappoint. Her input and ideas on every element of the decor were amazing and we, and our guests, were totally blown away by how everything came together on our wedding day. It was so beautiful. The best compliment we received about our wedding was how the day just "felt like us", which is exactly what we wanted and is 100% because of Margo.
    Margo also truly cares about her clients You are not just business to her. We already knew this after a year of working with her, but it became even more apparent when I received a pretty devastating medical diagnosis just before our wedding. Because we weren't sure at first if we would be able to go to last-minute things like the venue walk-through, or even have the wedding at all, we shared the news with Margo and she went above and beyond for us in those last couple weeks leading up to the wedding to make sure everything would be perfect. Knowing that we could trust her with any last-minute decisions and tasks allowed us to remain stress-free about the wedding and focus on everything else we had going on. I cannot express how appreciative we, and our families, are that we had her as a resource.
    Thank you so much for everything!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Marshall · Married on 12/03/2016

We hired Margo for her month-of management service and it was such a huge help. We both work in politics, so we were busy and stressed and unable to do lots of the planning until 3 weeks until the wedding. Margo was a huge asset to make sure we stayed organized, our vendors were coordinating everything, and we didnt miss one detail. Margo really understood what we wanted and was able to provide advice when we needed it. She stood up for us with vendors and make sure the wedding exceeded all of our expectations. We highly recommend hiring her and will be telling all of our friends about her amazing work!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Emily · Married on 10/15/2016

I read the recent reviews of Margo and the Bright Occasions team, and I could not agree more with the positive remarks and 5 star rating. I was very hesitant to hire a Wedding Coordinator in general, however upon meeting Margo I quickly changed my mind. My husband and I both agree that it was the best decision that we made throughout the planning process, and I can't imagine having such an enjoyable wedding day without her assistance. Margo is professional, quick to respond, and has such a calming and friendly personality which is so helpful through such an emotional and stressful process. She is very detail-oriented and thoughtful, and took my vision and executed it perfectly.

We used Margo's services for month of and day of coordination and my only regret is that I didn't work with her sooner through the entire design & planning process. We would highly recommend Bright Occasions to anyone and everyone who is planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Casey · Married on 10/08/2016

Courtney is fantastic! Attention to detail is her best quality as a Wedding Planner, but genuine kindness is her best quality as a friend.
    We really felt like Courtney was a friend as she helped us through our wedding planning process.
    It can be a stressful time, but she really took away our stress and it allowed us to have so much fun!
    We enjoyed working with her so much. She is thorough, professional, and detail-oriented.
    Some of our guests even thought "wow that wedding guest is a really helpful coordinator!"
    We received many compliments from our guests about how nice Courtney was, and how great of a job she did. And we feel exactly the same way!!
    Don't look any further for Day-Of Coordinator or full wedding planning services, Courtney is your gal.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Martha · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I can't imagine having planned our wedding with anyone else! We worked with Margo Fischer and Bright Occasions for month of plus additional wedding design services and had a truly great experience. Margo was incredibly helpful, responsive, smart and organized, not to mention funny and easy to talk to and work with! It was wonderful working with and getting to know her over the year leading up to our wedding.
    Our wedding was at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, VA, which is not a traditional venue and requires a lot of work in the space (in a short period of time) for wedding set up. It really gave us piece of mind to know that Margo would make sure everything went smoothly! I didn't have to think about or stress over any last minute (or just regular) details--she had it completely under control. If you're considering a month of (or full) planner, Bright Occasions is the way to go!

Sent on 10/19/2016

J · Married on 09/24/2016

Margo is simply amazing. We cannot write enough praise for her. We worked with Margo for over a year leading up to our wedding. She helped us find the best vendors in the area, putting us in touch with small businesses and amazing local vendors that all share the highest respect for Margo. Margo helped us find the best deals and respected our budget. Margo single-handedly saved us thousands of dollars, while still helping us find the best quality and value for every single aspect of the wedding. She is incredibly organized and responsive. We moved out of the state only a month before the wedding and we did not have a single worry because we knew we were in such good hands. On the day of the wedding, Margo and her team were incredible. Margo's vision for the wedding was stunning, everything worked perfectly, and was amazingly coordinated. Our wedding was so wonderful, all because of Margo and her colleagues. Best day ever.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Margo is absolutely wonderful! My mom hired her on the spot when we first met her. For 7 months leading up to our wedding she went above and beyond to make things easier for us during the planning process. She is extremely responsive and always on top of things. She was also there on the wedding day keeping everything moving and on schedule. I would 100% recommend hiring Margo to plan your wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Joshua · Married on 09/04/2016

We strongly recommend Bright Occasions for wedding planning. After we got engaged, my wife and I were determined to plan an awesome wedding, but we didn't want the planning to take over our lives. Bright Occasions allowed us to accomplish that goal. From our first meeting through till the wedding, Margo was incredibly professional, kind, helpful. She broke down the planning into manageable tasks and helped keep us on track. She helped us identify the right vendors for each part of our special day. She was responsive and always got back to our emails with thoughtful replies, at least within 24 hours, but sometimes within minutes.

Incredibly detail oriented, Margo ensured that each aspect of our wedding received attention. No detail went unnoticed. On the day of the wedding, Margo was with us throughout, and made sure each aspect of our special day went perfectly. We had so much fun at our wedding celebrating with family and friends and we really didn't have to worry about much. We can't thank her enough for her help. If you are looking for a wedding planner, we strongly recommend the Bright Occasions.

Sent on 10/02/2016
  • Lisa

Lisa Blume · Married on 08/20/2016

thumbs up & 5 stars!

I've had the wonderful opportunity of working with Margo's team on numerous occasions and have been impressed with their attention to detail, organization skills, and temperament in stressful situations. They allow their clients to have the most amazing day while being care-free!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Robert · Married on 07/23/2016

Bringing Margo/Bright Occasions on board to help plan our July wedding was the best wedding planning decision we made! From day one, Margo provided us with invaluable service that made the wedding planning process enjoyable, seamless and most importantly fun!! We worked with her for about 14 months and each step of the way she had check-ins, making herself accessible whenever needed. We were amazed at her responsiveness to emails. Everything was always like clockwork, and as a bride, that is refreshing. She was always there to listen to our ideas or dilemmas and provide input and suggestions. She has incredible taste and attention to detail which led to a gorgeous ceremony and reception room! We continuously felt supported, helping us carry out any decision we decided upon as a couple and family to make the wedding our own!
    Margo has built a wonderful reputation for herself across the area wedding industry. Everyone we spoke to only had wonderful things to say about her! After working with her, we now know why. We always felt Margo went above and beyond for us in so many ways. If you are considering hiring Margo, do it!!

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • MS1026

Maya · Married on 07/16/2016

We worked with Margo for partial planning for our July 2016 wedding at The Hay-Adams. If I could, I would give her 10 stars, but WeddingWire limits me to 5!

We interviewed 8 planners in the DC area, and none of them compared to Margo. Her attention to detail, responsiveness, and calm kindness are apparent from the get-go. Margo will keep you organized and on track without ever stressing you out. She gives thoughtful input when asked, but never pushes her own opinion; she wants your ideas and opinions to be the star, and goes above and beyond to make things happen exactly the way you want them to. Best of all, she is SO responsive and easy to work with; you will never have to wonder when she’ll get back to you. We always felt like we were her only clients, even though she was fully booked this summer.

We were planning a DC wedding from out-of-town, and had booked a venue, but needed help with everything else. Margo helped us refine our vision and find the vendors that were right for our budget, aesthetic, and personalities -- perfectly balancing her gentle input with letting us make our own decisions. She kept us on track without ever pressuring us or rushing us. When we got stressed, she empathized and then calmed us down. When we wanted things that didn’t seem do-able, she simply made them happen.

Most remarkable is how Margo stepped up when my mom passed away 4 months before the wedding. Without a word, Margo seamlessly took over the details my mom had been working on, and found ways to quietly make my life easier during that terrible time, including supporting me through the emotional ups and downs of trying to make decisions without my mom. Margo is terrific at her job – but more importantly, she is an amazing, caring person. In a horrible time, she took care of our hearts as much as she did our wedding details.

I can’t say enough good things about Margo. I know you’ll love her as much as we did.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Margo was the best, she was great for planning and helping with vendors the month before and absolutely necessary on the weekend of. We used her for the last month coordination and she really helped drive the schedule and coordination of all of our vendors; in addition, she made the room look beautiful both for our ceremony and our reception and she brought gifts and photos over to the hotel room after to make it super easy. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/11/2016

Booking Bright Occasions was the absolute best decision we made during the wedding planning process! Margo was delightful to work with every step of the way. She kept us on track and helped us think through tough decisions while also ensuring we did what was best for us personally. She had excellent recommendations and often went above and beyond to help us, even when she did not have to. Margo responds to email promptly (its amazing!) and always puts up an out of office message when she is in meetings, so if she didn't respond immediately you always knew why. She is organized, professional and absolutely knows the ins and outs of the DMV wedding industry. Her recommendations were always on point and she really helped us plan our dream wedding.

Most importantly, at least to us, EVERYONE who met her (bridesmaids, groomsmen, family, friends) genuinely thought Margo was the kindest most pleasant wedding planner they had ever worked with. She has a special ability to gain your attention and get things done while still being sweet and approachable, even during crunch time on the day of the wedding. We really loved having her with us on our special day!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Renuka · Married on 02/20/2016

Margo was invaluable in helping make our dream wedding day. I chose Margo after talking to several wedding planners because she really seemed focused on making our wedding “our wedding” rather than encouraging us to have a picture perfect wedding that would be featured in a magazine. I quickly discovered that in the wedding industry, the sky is the limit, but Margo was willing to work with the budget we proposed rather than escalating it for the picture perfect wedding. Of course, we wanted a beautiful wedding, but we wanted the focus our day to be on us and our commitment to each other and the enjoyment of our guests.
    Early on, Margo was helpful in making wonderful vendor recommendations and provided a great sounding board for our wedding ideas. There are so many ideas out there on pinterest and other online sites and hundreds of wedding vendors in the area, so it is easy to get lost in the process. Margo created a planning and budget schedule that really helped us stay on target. She was great about suggesting traditional ways weddings are done and open to ideas when we wanted to go off the beaten path.
    Come wedding day, Margo was calm and organized and made sure everything ran smoothly. She was unobtrusive, letting us enjoy the day, stepping in just enough to keep the day flowing, then quickly stepping out of the limelight. It was wonderful having her there so that my fiance and I and our families could fully participate in the day rather than focusing on orchestrating the event.
    In the end, I think our wedding was the perfect mix, filled with love and meaningful touches and exuding a classy, romantic elegance worthy of any magazine. Every bride wants to feel that her wedding is the perfect wedding, and Margo really helped make that happen.

Sent on 03/17/2016