Bridgewater Marriott Reviews

15 | Bridgewater, NJ

15 Reviews for Bridgewater Marriott

Satyam · Married on 09/04/2016

They did a great job to serve our event. Would highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/29/2016
  • F

Furhana · Married on 09/14/2013

I had my wedding reception at the Bridgewater Marriott. Meghan and the rest of the Bridgewater Marriott team was absolutely amazing! Meghan was such a great help throughout all of the planning as well as the day of the event. She is professional and prompt and I highly recommend this venue. It was clean, modern and beautiful!

Sent on 12/10/2013

The Bridgewater Marriott was excellent for our wedding. It was only days after Hurricane Sandy and they were extremely flexible when our Ceremony site was potentially not available.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Charmian · Married on 07/23/2011

We booked this hotel for our (off site) wedding. Our guests were well taken care of and as the Bride I was very happy we chose this hotel! My in-laws were able to host the Rehearsal dinner there at the hotel and I was able to have my hair and make-up artists come to my suite to do our hair and make-up at the hotel. The hotel staff helped any way they could including providing extra chairs for the bridal suite (where we all got ready - hair/make-up, etc.) and passing out our guest gift bags when people checked-in. It was a very classy hotel and their room block rate was as good as the other (not as nice) hotels in the area. We even were able to get a hotel shuttle to drive guests to and from our reception venue!

Sent on 08/09/2011
  • EAHajd

Elyse · Married on 05/30/2010

LOVED it here! Meredith, my Event Planner, was wonderful! The food was great and it was such a smooth day!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Adrienne · Married on 09/25/2010

Us and our guests stayed here after the wedding and it was GREAT.. The staff was easy to work with and everyone was very pleasant.

Sent on 09/28/2010

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2016

Used Bridgewater Marriott for our block of wedding rooms on May 13 & 14, 2016: 80 rooms were booked in total.
    Hotel is really nice & new. Cost of rooms is very affordable. You are given access to a website to track all guest bookings leading up to your wedding - SUPER helpful! Hotel handled shuttles to and from venue at no additional cost - HUGE plus! We were able to drop off hotel bags for guests a few days before. Really big bar & lounge to continue to wedding festivities until 2am. Bar was properly staffed and ready to accommodate all guests....and there were 7 weddings with blocks of rooms at the hotel the same night! Also, big breakfast buffet available the next morning. Hotel also had champagne & some cute perks set up in our room upon arrival.

The only somewhat negative is that we were trying to coordinate a breakfast the next morning and the only option for our size group really seemed to be a private $30 pp continental breakfast. However, our work around was to have a table of 20 (immediate family) attend the public buffet breakfast the next morning which I believe was much more affordable at around $18pp. We were not able to invite all guests to attend but quite a few did enjoy the buffet on their own!

Sent on 06/06/2016
  • Soma

Soma · Married on 05/05/2012

I didn't deal with the venue much until the day of, but that day, they were wonderfully attentive and responsive. The maitre'd made sure that my husband I got to eat the food we'd so carefully picked out and worked with us to make all the little details come out right!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Kathy · Married on 10/27/2012

We had our wedding reception here and it was lovely. They were very accommodating with menu changes and special requests for guest rooms. My only quibble was that I felt they were pretty slow in responding to e-mails.

Sent on 11/05/2012
  • Jacqueline281

Jacqueline · Married on 10/09/2016

4.2
      3.5

We had our ceremony and reception at the Bridgewater Marriott and it definitely exceeded out expectations. Hilary was very accommodating with the many requests that we had. Guests said the food was really good too. The only issue we had was with the way the breakfast the morning after was handled. We had to have it in a private room since it would be over 40 people, but we weren't told that they would base the headcount for breakfast on our wedding headcount. We only had about 45 people stay overnight at the hotel, so there was no way we were paying for 100+ people for breakfast. This should have been explained better beforehand, but my husband and his dad eventually worked it out and came to an agreement. All said and done, I would still consider them for another event in the future.

Sent on 10/19/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/03/2011

3.5

We contracted a block of rooms from the Bridgewater Marriot for the night of our wedding. Many of our friends and family stayed at this lovely hotel and we had a private room the next morning set aside for breakfast. We also got complimentary shuttle service to and from our venue ... very nice perk (and one many of our guests took advantage of)! I would recommend this hotel to others.

Sent on 07/19/2011

3.8
      3.0

Lauren and her team were great. They were responsive and helped us have an amazing wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2015

May · Married on 09/02/2018

2.4
      2.5

It's ok, front desk issue checking in. No Bell hop when checking out. The waiter and the manager at the restaurant were nice.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Davaish · Married on 07/09/2016

1.8
      1.0

Please consider other venues. On the night of our wedding they made wait over 3 hours for my wedding room suite, which I then decorated with flowers and candles and champagne my self. They then gave the room away to another groom, who was woken up by me at midnight when returning to my room. They ruined my wedding night and another grooms as well.
    The front desk - Francisco is incompetent and Camille was not on site to deal with any of the issues.
    This was the worst wedding experience from the Marriott.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Emily · Married on 09/30/2017

1.2
      0.5
      1.0

I absolutely under no circumstances would recommend having your wedding guests stay in this hotel. Brittany, the "Event Coordinator", was absolutely horrible. I have no idea what her title actually means. Not only was she difficult to get a hold of (required multiple phone calls because she would not return voicemails and emails were slow), but she also did not help us with anything. She gave us no information on After Party or Brunch options until we asked and it was too late because it was all booked. She also did not help us get more rooms for our wedding block when all of our rooms were almost all booked.

The hotel also prevented my guests from checking into their rooms when they were supposed to and did not rope off a section at the bar they had promised me for a small, informal "after party". They allowed a college football team to stay too late in their hotel rooms which caused the majority of my guests to be unable to check in to their rooms in between the ceremony and reception right away. The shuttle then had to leave late in order to wait for all the guests that weren't able to check in until the very last minute so they were all late to cocktail hour. At the end of the night, no roped off section for the small, informal "after party" I had planned was present (the most they could even offer me after dropping the ball on given me my after party option".

I had really wanted to like this hotel as it seemed beautiful aesthetically but it was a real let down. Don't make the same mistake I did!

Sent on 11/06/2017