Brides & Tailor Reviews

52 | Canton, MI

52 Reviews for Brides & Tailor

• Erin

Erin Joseph · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Stunning, custom fitted, and on schedule! Convertible gown with overskirt

DO NOT BE SCARED TO ORDER ONLINE WITH THIS TAILOR! You can get a custom-fitted American made dress that is exactly what you want and half the price of what you buy in a brick and mortar store. I'm like a size 6-8 up top for my chest, but with thick arms, and a size 14 on the bottom. Dress shopping in stores was a nightmare. I wanted a certain amount of pouf but I couldn't spend more than 2 grand. Brides & Tailor provided me with a knee-length ballgown with just the right pouf, customized to my size, with a jacket (not pictured yet), a drop veil, a removable belt (so I can put it on the gown or on the overskirt, whatever's out), and an overskirt beyond floor-length for that dramatic look. I sent her pictures of what I loved on the internet from multiple designs and she put it all together. It's a dream and with the lace-up/corset style back I'll be able to wear the short version again and again! It was so freezing I wore a faux fur jacket out instead but will be showing off the jacket she made and my shorter dress for the family reunion!

Sent on 03/27/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful words Erin! You were such a gorgeous bride, and one of our fave customers! Stay Blessed!:)

• Alison

Alison James · Getting married on 03/03/2022

The BEST Custom Experience Ever!

A few months ago, I fell head over heels for a dress that was no longer being made - after searching and searching for other similar options, I decided that I would never get the dress out of my mind and that I needed it to be custom made...that's when I came across Brides & Tailor...and let me tell you, it was by far the best custom experience I've ever had. I was assured that the dress would be made on time (and in fact, it came early!) and that they would do everything in their power to create something beautiful...and wow, is it beautiful! Working with Manal was a breeze and her communication was out of this world. The dress fits like a glove and the details are exquisite. I could not recommend Brides & Tailor enough!

Sent on 04/06/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Alison! What a beautiful photo:) Love that! It's been a pleasure working with you and I am so so excited to see how gorgeous you're gonna look in it!

Manal:)
  • Brynne

Brynne Verbel · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Highly recommended!

It was a pleasure from start to finish to work with Manal on designing my dream dress! I had sent her 3 separate dresses and asked her to combine them all into my dream dress.. but in black! I never had luck finding a black dress that looked bridal... until I met Manal! She put together exactly what I was imagining in my head and it’s made perfectly! She was super sweet, helpful, and very responsive. She made the fear of ordering a wedding dress online completely disappear. The turnaround was insanely fast as well. Prices were extremely reasonable given you’re getting a handmade, one of a kind custom dress. I couldn’t be happier with the quality of the customer service and dress I received. I will definitely be recommending Brides and Tailor to everyone looking for a wedding dress!

Sent on 08/05/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely testimonial Brynne! It has been a pleasure working with you to create your unique custom gown. Can't wait to see photos from your big day!

Dominique Benjamin · Getting married on 08/28/2021

Highly Recommended

The entire experience from design to dress delivery was amazing! She really captured my vision on paper and made it come to life! She is very responsive to communication and patient with her customers. Even during the pandemic she was very accommodating with meeting for fittings as well as future fittings (Since my wedding date is postponed due to Covid). Any one looking for a custom wedding or formal dress, Brides and Tailor is the spot!

Sent on 08/18/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely testimonial Dominique! It has been a pleasure working with you to create your unique custom gown. Can't wait to see photos from your big day!

Katherine Nagley · Getting married on 08/14/2021

Wedding Skirt

Brides and Tailor did a great job making my detachable wedding skirt. It’s beautiful!

Sent on 11/23/2020
  • Alicia

Alicia Richardson · Getting married on 08/06/2021

Highly Recommeded

After trying on countless wedding gowns, I knew what I wanted just did not exist and that I needed to design my own gown if I wanted to be truly satisfied. I started working with Manal on my dream wedding gown about a year ago. I was a little apprehensive about having a gown made from states away from me but Manal ensured me I would be a part of the process every step of the way, and I was!
    Manal was patient, knowledgeable and accommodating. She helped my dream wedding gown become a reality. From Sketch to shipping the process was nothing short of perfect. I can't wait to wear my gown on my big day. I just know it will blow people away.

The gown is more beautiful than I could've ever imagined. It would be difficult if not impossible to find better quality or value than Brides & Tailor.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Alicia! It was our pleasure to work along with your ideas and vision to bring your Dream Gown into life:)Can't wait to see your photos from your big day!
  • Donna

Donna Barron · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Wonderful Experience with Brides & Tailor

The service provided by Manal was profesional and fun. She made me feel comfortable through the process from taking the measurements, answering my questions in a timely manner, and making sure the dress was exactly what I wanted. The dress is beautiful and exactly the dress that I chose. I wanted to look beautiful as the mother of the bride, as this day is extremely important to me. Manal has made my wish and dream come true. It is an honor to wear this beautiful dress on my daughter's wedding day. Thank you!

Sent on 12/17/2019

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Donna! It was our pleasure to work along with your ideas and vision to bring your beautiful gown into life:)Can't wait to see your photos from your Renee's big day!
  • Renee

Renee Barron · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Review for Dress

Working with Manal and her team was one of the best decisions I could have made! My dress is absolutely stunning and was very reasonably priced. I'm so excited to wear it on my wedding day! Also, I wanted to note that any changes I requested to the gown were done within 24 hours

Sent on 12/18/2019

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Renee! It was our pleasure to work along with your ideas and vision to bring your Dream Gown into life:)Can't wait to see your photos from your big day!

Aseel Hussein · Getting married on 03/28/2021

100% Recommend!

I reached out to Brides & Tailor to get a quote for what my dream dress would cost with them. I was surprised at how affordable the quote was, considering I wanted a ball gown with lots of beading/sequens on the corset and sleeves. After looking at all the other great reviews, I decided to give it a go, and I didn't regret it one bit. Manal was very responsive. She responded to all my emails within a few hours. My dress came in the mail a few days ago, and I LOVED IT. The fabric didn't feel cheap at all, and she was able to replicate what I wanted in a dress. It even came with a detachable petticoat so I could make the dress "poofier" if I wanted to, which I really appreciated. I also ordered my veil from them so it could match my dress. The only thing I would warn you about going into this is being absolutely sure of what you want in a dress. I got my dress about 2 months after I made my down payment, so they obviously work on it very quickly and there isn't much room to change your mind once things get going. I definitely recommend getting your wedding dress from Brides & Tailor!!

Sent on 07/16/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Aseel! It has been a pleasure working with you!! Can't wait to see your photos in your Bridal Gown!

Rachel Vojtko · Getting married on 02/02/2021

Perfection

Words can not express how fantastic Brides and Tailor are. The whole experience from start to finish was amazing! They took my dream dress and made it into something even better then I had I had to wanted. Manal’s attention to detail is truly a gift and she truly puts a lot of love and time into her craft. I highly recommend going this route for your wedding gown!I

Sent on 08/26/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely testimonial Rachel! It has been a pleasure working with you to create your unique custom gown. Can't wait to see photos from your big day!
  • Batool

Batool Saad · Married on 01/03/2021

My Dream Come True!

The experience with Brides & Tailor was exceptionally satisfying! I was able to explain my desires and participate in every step of preparing my dress. The end result was truly beyond my expectations!

Sent on 02/03/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Batool! It was our pleasure to work along with your ideas and vision to bring your Dream Gown into life:)Can't wait to see your photos from your big day!

Justine · Married on 10/31/2020

Custom Wedding Dress made of DREAMS!

Manal and her team did such a FABULOUS job creating my custom wedding dress and made the entire experience so painstakingly easy!! I was supposed to get married on Halloween (Covid ruining everything), so I didn’t want a traditional white dress and let me tell you it was SO difficult finding a dress I almost gave up the idea of the non-traditional route. But then I found my saving grace, Manal thank you so so much! She paid attention to all the little details I asked for, gave me so many options of fabric colors, lace appliqués, beadings, etc! Also they made me a matching veil for FREE!! Such a sweet little surprise and you can’t beat that for the price! If you are having trouble finding THE dress, look no further and create your own beautiful gown 💕

Sent on 07/17/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Justine! It has been a pleasure working with you!! Can't wait to see your photos in your Bridal Gown!

• Katharina

Katharina · Married on 10/03/2020

realized my dream from just a picture

Manal worked quickly to realize my dream from just a picture, I was very very impressed. They used my exact measurements and it fit like a glove

Sent on 07/22/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Katharina! It has been a pleasure working with you!! Can't wait to see your photos in your Bridal Gown!

Ashley Swarthout · Married on 09/26/2020

The best around

Words cannot express how great my experience with Manal and her team has been. For a year now she’s been answering my questions and helping my make my final decision. The actual dress is more beautiful than anything I could have hoped for! If you’re looking for great customer service and a one of a kind dress you must work with Manal! Through every step of the way she is there supporting and encouraging you!

Sent on 07/17/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! It has been a pleasure working with you and creating something that is truly unique! Can't wait to see your photos in your Bridal Gown!

• Pander

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2020

Yes to the dress!

Im not going to upload a photo of my dress *yet*
    It was a nice surprise having it delivered directly to my door step! I got a custom dress bag that contained my beautiful gown. I tried it on just for a sec, it was enchanting. I felt like royalty! The fit is great, you really don't have to worry, Manal and her team will make it right and make you happy!

Sent on 05/31/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsea! It has been a pleasure working with you!! Can't wait to see your photos in your Gorgeous Red Bridal Gown!

Emily S · Married on 09/23/2020

Well above expectations

I don’t even know where to begin! All around amazing. The dress is EXACTLY all I could have ever expected and wanted. Great quality. The seller emailed me every step of the way to make sure everything was right. Communication was great and I am thrilled with my purchase. They also created a veil for me which I equally have good things to say about. Can’t go wrong. And highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/18/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely testimonial Emily! It has been a pleasure working with you to create your unique custom gown. Can't wait to see photos from your big day!
  • Riot

Riot Lumpkin · Married on 08/02/2020

Dream gothic princess dress!

Being a goth punk, finding a dress was a struggle. Being curvy made it even harder. I definitely like to be unique, so I wanted something no one else had. I started searching on Etsy and found Brides & Tailors. They incorporated the 3 dresses I loved into one. When I first tried it on, my fiancé had to make me take it off. The fit was perfect, needing absolutely no alterations. It's the perfect dress for my dream wedding.

Sent on 05/25/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Riot! It has been a pleasure working with you!! Can't wait to see your photos in your Bridal Gown!

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 07/08/2020

Custom Wedding Dress Sketch

Working with Brides & Tailor to customize a sketch of my bridal gown has been an absolute pleasure. From start to finish Manal has been kind and patient with me and my ever changing mind. She was able to take elements from 3 different dresses to create a beautiful one of a kind dress. Delivery of the sketch was quick and she even double checked that it was exactly what I wanted before making final edits. I can not wait to get the process started and begin seeing the beautiful design come to life.

Sent on 07/14/2019

Brides & Tailor's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Melissa! I cannot wait to see this dress brought into life! Thank you so much!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/05/2020

Makes amazing dresses!

Manal and her team are amazing. I was initially worried about getting a custom dress without them measuring me because I have problems with conventional dresses fitting well. However, it worked out perfectly. They added a lot of little touches to my dress and it ended up amazing. I can’t wait to wear it soon and show it to everyone!

Sent on 08/08/2020

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely testimonial Amanda! It has been a pleasure working with you to create your unique custom gown. Can't wait to see photos from your big day!

Emily · Married on 10/26/2019

So happy! 10/10, would definitely recommend this company!

I cannot even begin to describe how perfect my dress is! Manal went above and beyond to make me the exact dress I was looking for, it is BREATHTAKING! If you are a bride that is having trouble finding what you want, look no further because this shop is all you need. It fits me like a second skin and is so flattering! Her bead work and lace work are impeccable, and such a high quality for a fantastic price!! I am so thankful to you for making my dream dress!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! You're such a wonderful bride and I cannot wait to see your photos in your unique dress!
  • Hawraa

Hawraa Jaber · Married on 10/20/2019

Amazing!!!!!

My experience with manal-
    - [x] When i first met/talked with manal I had so many questions and she answered all of them. I was so scared that the dress I had in mind wouldn’t turn out how I wanted or that it may be turn out beautiful- just not on me. I decided to shop around and try on dresses at boutiques. The dresses were way too expensive and if I didn’t like a part of a dress or if I wanted to add something they would say “this is the design of the dress”. I even went to someone who customizes dresses however she would answer me weeks after I messaged her and when I went her fabric felt and looked very cheap. That is when I decided to go back to manal and let me tell you it was the best decision I have made. Manal is so patient and loves what she does, she became a friend to me and helped me create my dream dress. I sent her videos and pictures of how I wanted my gown. The picture I had in mind came true. My wedding dress is everything I have ever wanted and so much more. The material, the puffiness, the lace, the beading, everything was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 10/20/2019

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Hawraa! It has been a pleasure working with you! You totally rocked your dress on your big day!!!:)))

Julie Day · Married on 08/24/2019

Exceeded my expectations by far

Manal made the whole experience from start to end amazing. I ordered a custom dress and the whole process couldnt have been easier. I never imagined being able to afford a custom dress, especially at such a high quality, I am SO EXCITED to wear it. I highly recommend going through Brides and tailor

Sent on 12/17/2018

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Julie! I can't wait to see you rocking that dress on your big day!!!It was a pleasure meeting you and your mom!
  • Nafi

Nafi Traore · Married on 08/24/2019

Awesome! Manal and her team are just phenomenal

-First, Her customer service is beyond great, from her prompt reply to her welcoming spirit
    -Second, the material used on my dress (lace, tulle, and satin) were super high quality with the right kind of sparkle to lighten the day :) Just as I envisioned it.
    -Third, my dress was confectioned and shipped on time. I got my dress within 2-3 days post-shipment.

Manal, I would like to thank you for your professionalism, care, patience and hard work. I am sure all your brides will agree that you are truly a blessing.
    May GOD bless you abundantly!!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Thank you so much Nafi! It has been a pleasure working with you!! Can't wait to see your photos in your Bridal Gown!

Caroline Peters · Married on 08/03/2019

Plus-size dress

My wedding is coming up in a month, and for around 5 months, I was very stressed out about finding a dress that I like in my size. As a plus size bride, all the dresses I tried on were dull and old-fashioned. But I found Brides and Tailor on Instagram, and they had a lot of pictures featuring dresses for bigger women, so I booked a bridal appointment with Manal! I was very impressed when they were able to sketch, design and tailor my dream wedding dress! I recommend!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Brides & Tailor's reply:

Ohhhh thank you so much Caroline! I cannot wait to see photos of your big day! You'll be the queen of the show! Thank you for trusting Brides & Tailor!
  • Imani

Imani Finley · Married on 07/25/2019

A brides dress dream!

I just received my dress, and I can not wait to walk in this beauty on my wedding day! Manal was a gem to work with. Very understanding and made sure that everything was absolutely perfect from day one! I sent her a picture of the dress that I wanted, but we worked together on different details to make it perfect and unique to me! She also went above and beyond by showing me everything step by step to make sure I loved every detail. The whole experience was amazing. Thank you so much for everything Manal!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Brides & Tailor's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Imani! I cannot wait to see your photos on your wedding day! Pretty sure you'll be one gorgeous bride!