Brides of Today Reviews

1 User photo

Brides of Today 1
  • Cattledogbride

Katherine · Getting married on 10/19/2019

I met Bev at a bridal show and made an appointment after i saw her gowns in the fashion show. I loved my experience going here. Bev is a wonderful women and very helpful. She truely helped me pick out a dress of my dreams that no body will expect to see me in. I can't wait to try my dress on again when it comes in. :)

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

Absolutely love these ladies and the dress I got from them! They were so gracious to hold my dress for me for over a year (I was a little too excited to pick my dress early on into a 2 year engagement!) and always made me feel like such a beautiful bride every time I was there for a fitting!

Brides of Today 2

Misty · Married on 10/01/2016

Just had my first wedding dress try on with Bev and Pam. It was the best experience i could have ever asked for! They were the definition of hospitality and made me feel so at home! I defiantly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a place to try on dresses. they have a great stock of plus size gowns in every style to try on! Its was an amazing day with my family that was made even better by Brides of Today :)

Katie · Married on 06/25/2016

Brides of Today is an amazing bridal shop. As a plus sized bride, I was nervous about trying on dresses. I wanted to feel completely beautiful and stunning. But as many of you other plus sized brides know from failed shopping experiences it can be scary. All of this melted away when I met Bev. She is so incredibly positive and encouraging. She ooo's and ahh's over every dress. She gives you her honest opinion of how you look in the dress while making you feel like a queen for the day. The shop is clean with plenty of places to sit. I saw a picture of a dress in a magazine and Bev ordered it all the way from California for me to try on. It ended up being the perfect dress. Bev and her team help wedding dress dreams come true. I am so happy that we shopped there!

anne · Married on 10/18/2014

A cute little shop that took my dress to and didn't buy there to be altered. The staff was amazing!! Bev is a wonderful woman that truly loves to make stressful bride happy. Ester my alteration lady did an amazing job on my dress in 2weeks time for an amazing price!!! Love that place and would recommend them to everyone!!

Karli · Married on 09/27/2014

I bought my wedding gown from Bev's and she was wonderful. I had initially called her to see if she had any larger sizes (14-18) that I would be able to try and her response was "Of course I do, come on down and we will have fun!" I had a great time trying on gowns with Bev. She really makes you feel like a princess. She has so many nice things to say and the knowledge and experience that is reassuring when buying a gown. She even paid special attention to my fiance's 7 year old daughter who was along for the trip. When I was having trouble deciding between 2 gowns, she put them in the back for me so I could try them on again the next week when my sister was able to come along with me. It made me feel better knowing that I would still be able to choose because they were both available to me. She was very accommodating and encouraged me to try things on and have fun. She dolled each dress up with jewelery and a veil and talked about different options for accessories that she had in mind to match the dress. What a great experience!

Amy · Married on 11/03/2012

Had a wonderful experience!! I took my dress here to get altered after having a bad experience where I bought my dress. They were the nicest staff you would ever want to meet! They got everything done with the short amount of time I had & I wish I would have known about them sooner.

• Jen

Jen · Married on 10/06/2012

I used Bev's Bridals for my bridesmaids' dresses for my 10/6/2012 wedding. Bev is the nicest person you will ever meet, she goes out of her way to make sure that you are getting what you want and what you need. The dresses I had selected were not in stock at the store so Bev ordered in a sample for me to try on and see, it was shipped within a very short time and I was able to make a decision with plenty of time to get the dresses delivered. I ordered dresses from Bev's Bridals for bridesmaids who were all out of state. My bridesmaids were able to call, and email Bev their payments, sizes and any questions that they had about sizing. It worked wonderfully! When the dresses arrived I went to Bev's Bridals to make sure the dresses were right and they were stunning! The dresses fit each bridesmaid with little alterations needed. I would recommend Bev's Bridal for any bride who needs to have their dresses perfect, the first time!

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2011

The tuxedos looked great! My husband and his men looked so handsome! Bev was super helpful and accommodated all of our needs.

Kristen · Married on 09/10/2011

Bev's Bridal is awesome! We had some issues with getting the grooms and groommens suits the week before the wedding with all the flooding and crazy weather going on that week, but Bev was very accommodating and did everything in her power to make everything go smoothly. In the end, everything was great!

danny · Married on 11/10/2010

my name is danny kutz, i was recently in a competition at my schooled called mr solanco. I won ( by the way) haha but anyways i am writing this because the only reason i won was because i looked o good in my tux. when i went to bevs the first thing i noticed was how nice they all were. i walked in having no idea what to do and they helped me no problem. they measured me out perfectly and had no problems getting what i asked. they even were comparing colors with me to see which one fit best. The best part about bevs is that they are so nice that they donated all of the tuxes for everyone. everybody looked amazing, all because of bevs. without bevs i do not know how this would have went. they are just the nicest people i have ever met in my life, they hooked me up with everything no problem. if your looking for a place to go i would look no further, these tuxes are the best around . you cant beat the service or the outfits you get. i would recommend them 100% no competition. i can give you my word that if you go to bevs for a tux or a dress or anything you will not regret it.

Megan · Married on 10/28/2010

Bevs is BY FAR one of the best places to get dress attire for ANY occasion at all. To add to the fact that Bev has a heart made of gold and that she will make you feel so loved, she has great attire to choose from! weather its a wedding, or a dance at school i will ALWAYS get my dresses and tux for the guys here at Bevs. We Love her!!

Kellyn · Married on 10/09/2010

Beverly is such a sweetheart! I found my perfect dress by looking through some of her catalogs, and she brought it in for me to try on! I knew it was perfect the first moment I had it on. Unfortunately, we had to get married faster than what the dress could be brought in (my husband needed health insurance FAST), and we ended up getting a dress from another place (we got married in a week's time!). Beverly did, however, offer me a seamstress that works in her shop to alter the dress I had purchased so I could use it for my wedding reception (six months later). The seamstress, Susan, was amazing! She took my ideas and ran with them - making my dress more than I could have imagined it would be!

Mike · Married on 06/15/2010

Bev is AWESOME. She's so willing to donate her time and suits to help out things she supports. She helps kids to be able to afford prom, and helps out with a local pageant at Solanco High School for males. She doesn't have a single mean bone in her body, and her dresses/suits are exceptional.

Jennifer · Married on 09/05/2009

Our experience at Bev's was great. She is a very kind hearted woman. You feel more like you are walking into your grandmother's house than a bridal shop. She welcomes you with open arms and helps you find the perfect dress. She is not afraid to give you her honest opinion. All of the other staff members are just as nice. She does not always have the best in-store selection so do you research online first. Try to attend her trunk shows so that you can see more dresses.

Lindsay · Married on 06/14/2008

Bev is wonderful! She makes you feel so welcomed and loved when you enter he store. She remembers you by name and greets you personally every time you're there. She offers a wonderful service called "The Pampered Bride" which we took advantage of. She closed the store for us and we had her complete attention when we were looking for our bridesmaid dresses. She even gave me a special gift for my wedding! Thanks Bev!!

• John

John · Married on 06/25/2016

(Review from the bride, Cyndi) Being a plus-size bride, I was looking for a place that would make me feel like a princess, understanding the sometimes challenging task of finding a dress that makes a plus-size bride feel that way. Bev and Lena both were wonderful in this respect. The only drawback for me was that it was located an hour away and we did have to make an emergency run to the shop the week of the wedding which was a challenge, but Lena fit us in and did everything she could to fix the problem. She even ended up mailing me some items on her own time and money. I was impressed with them and everyone loved the dress!

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2010

Bev is very knowledgeable and really listens to what you want in a dress! Very flexible with working with your schedule to get the whole group there for fittings and shopping. Not a lot in stock but works with you to "borrow" the dress you want to try on. She really made you feel welcomed and special! Only issue was with her seamstress which was not her fault by any means. Otherwise, would recommend to anyone! Bev and her staff were always pleasant, always smiling, and really listened to you!

Two years in a row we have rented tux from Brides of Today for prom. Both occasions were pleasant experiences. I would use their services again without question.

Karen · Married on 02/11/2017

Brides of Today is great for us plus size brides looking for dresses. I was able to try on several options and found a great dress. I live is Wisconsin and had to have the dress delivered to me. Unfortunately there were issues with customs and it took a lot longer to receive as expected. I called Bev and she did all that she could to see what the issue was. The only draw back is that store hours make it difficult to be able to get things taken care of during the day. I understand working outside of business hours isn't practiced by many but when a dress was supposed to be in in August and it was October, I would expect a bit more understanding from the staff.

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/24/2011

4.2
      3.5

Bev, Pam and Susan are very nice and helpful. They were a pleasure to work with even though some times were a little hectic. I bought my dress, my bridesmaids dresses and my mothers dress there and everything turned out perfectly! Highly recommend :)

3.0

Great dress selection for plus size brides

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/29/2017

1.2
      1.5
      1.5
      1.0

I wasn’t able to use the bridal suite after purchasing unless the shop was empty-at one of my fittings I was kicked out and instead I had fittings in a small corner room with no door that is filled with small stalls more appropriate for a prom fitting.
    I bought a strapless dress that had a lot of support and that I felt comfortable in. It has since become the dress that is rumpled under my bed because I can't bear to look at it.The first alteration was to remove all the boning in the bust. The seamstress did tell me that my breasts were “jiggling” but she didn’t fix the dress.She also altered my sister's MOH dress-it was so tight she had to take off her bra,could barely breathe AND it was MISSING the hook at the top to keep the dress zipped.
    The Veil
    After assuring me the veil was ordered, arrived and steamed, at pick up I learned that Bev never ordered or even wrote down the product number.I found the correct veil on the sample rack,it was put in a grocery bag and handed to me.I asked to have it steamed and was told “I folded it”....Pieces were coming off from use.I called the shop and when Bev finally got on the phone she said she’d overnight a new veil Monday.It arrived Tuesday night and was the wrong color.I called the shop before closing time-no one answered.Bev emailed the next morning and said a new one would be overnighted.The next morning I got an email that there was an issue with my order- the mail carrier received the shipping label but no shipment.I called the distributor since it was 2 days before my wedding.Bev emailed to reprimand me for doing this and said a new one would be overnighted again.The veil arrived AFTER my rehearsal dinner the night BEFORE my wedding.Thankfully my mom was kind enough to steam it for me.

I can not express enough how much I regret buying my dress here. I felt like absolutely everything at my wedding was beautiful except for me. Bev never followed up in any way even to apologize. I do not recommend this shop.

0.6
      0.0
      0.0

They will provide you with the dresses and things needed for your wedding but when things don't go there way then you get nothing but attitdue . I will not shop there again after finding out that myself and someothers that are in the wedding party got talked about by the owner behind our backs!!

Sarah · Getting married on 10/11/2020

0.4
      0.5

My mom and I drove 40 minutes down to this place because it's the only Plus Sized bridal shop around Lancaster, their website and Facebook stated their hours on Wednesdays are 1pm-8pm. We get there around 5:25 to find a sign that says they're closed from 4:30-6 and will be back. We waited until about 10 after 6 and nobody came. This is such incredibly poor business and makes it look like the owners just don't give a crap about it. I even read several bad reviews on their Facebook (that remained unanswered by these people) about brides who actually booked APPOINTMENTS that these people were a no show for. That is absolutely ridiculous and they will not have our business in the future.