Brides by Valerie Clarke Reviews

Brides by Valerie Clarke 4
Brides by Valerie Clarke 5

Katie Herbert · Married on 11/10/2019

Val is the BEST!

Val is AMAZING! I literally picked my wedding date around Val’s schedule because my friend had booked her for her own wedding and I was extremely happy with how my hair turned out. I couldn’t believe how beautiful all the bridesmaid’s hair turned out. We literally showed her a picture on Pinterest and in less than 30 minute our hair looked exactly the same, if not better. I HAD to book her for my own wedding day! She did the most amazing job, I got soooo many compliments on her and she arrived on time and finished within schedule. I can not recommend Val enough! My mom has VERY thick hair and was extremely nervous in having an updo and was so happy with the outcome as well. Thank you Val! Xoxo

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 10/11/2019

Stop looking for a wedding day hair stylist... you just found her!

Val did an amazing job on all my bridesmaids and FAR exceeded my expectations for my hair on my wedding day. I cannot tell you how many compliments I got on my hair. I would 100% recommend her every time. I have been a bridesmaid for so many weddings and I myself even went to cosmetology school but I can honestly say I have never been more in love with my hair than I was on my wedding day! Thank you Val!

Brides by Valerie Clarke 6
    Brides by Valerie Clarke 7
    Brides by Valerie Clarke 8
    Sent on 11/24/2019

Monica W · Married on 07/20/2019

Great experience with hair and makeup

Val was so great to work with! For my hair trial she helped me figure out what I liked and didn't like so that it would be perfect on my wedding day! Everyone was so happy with how our hair and makeup came out. She was patient and willing to help out with a few hair emergencies that happened that morning as well with no trouble! I got married on the hottest day of the summer with an outdoor ceremony and my hair as well as all my bridesmaids all stayed in place and did not fall with the heat! Jacqui, who did our makeup was also so talented and did beautiful makeup for everyone. Our makeup all lasted through the humidity and dancing through the night! I could not recommend their services enough, they are both so talented and will do a great job going above and beyond your expectations!

Brides by Valerie Clarke 9
    Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Vicky

Vicky Hopkins · Married on 04/06/2019

Simply the best

Booking Valerie Clarke for my and my bridesmaids hair for the big day was one of the best and effortless decisions I made. Val - you were a pleasure to work with and all the girls' hair looked STUNNING. I've never seen all the girls in the bridal party be so pleased with their hair (there's always someone who isn't happy, and with you - that was not the case). You are a true professional. You were like a magician with my hair extensions and my hair was exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much for being the pro that you are! I'll forever recommend you to anyone who asks!

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 11/03/2018

True Artist and Professional!

I chose Valerie to be the stylist for my November wedding after reading she specialized in bridal up-dos. I had a very specific up-do in mind for my wedding day, and Valerie went above and beyond to make it absolutely perfect (I think this up-do took close to 2 hours!). Valerie was able to achieve exactly what I was looking for – and knew exactly what to do to make it feel “right.” You can tell she has been in the business for a while and knows exactly what she is doing when it comes to hair! You can trust her completely. I had seven bridesmaid in total, and she absolutely nailed their looks too (I believe my one bridesmaid even hired her for her wedding afterward). She also did my mother’s hair for the wedding and we both agreed her hair style never looked better. Valerie is a true artist, and her experience and talent speaks for itself in all of our pictures!

Brides by Valerie Clarke 10
    Brides by Valerie Clarke 11
    Brides by Valerie Clarke 12
    Brides by Valerie Clarke 13
    Brides by Valerie Clarke 14
    Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Alison Dunleavy

Alison · Married on 09/29/2018

Five stars across the board! Valerie is a true professional and if you hire her, you will feel at ease on your wedding day. She will have you and your bridal party covered. My hair and makeup (by Jacqui Clark) turned out so beautiful! I was very happy with it as was my whole bridal party! It was a great feeling to know I picked out a stylist and makeup artist who made everyone look and feel their absolute best!

Brides by Valerie Clarke 15
    Sent on 10/10/2018

Samantha · Married on 05/18/2018

From my trial, to the day of the wedding, Valerie & Jackie, her make up artist, were just amazing. They were so kind, were able to recreate all the looks my 5 bridesmaids, mother and mother in law all wanted, and paid close attention to detail. Everything and everyone were gorgeous and had nothing but nice things to say. Val was also very accommodating, when one of the bridesmaids, who originally wasn't going to have her hair done, changed her mind last minute, the day of the wedding. Val was doing great on time, and was able to still get the additional girl done and on time for photos! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking! They were great!!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/05/2018

I was referred to Val through my makeup artist and although Val wasn't available on my wedding day, she assured me that she had someone for me. I was blown away by Chantal! From first meeting her at my hair trial she made me feel comfortable and I trusted her to do a great job. She far exceeded my expectations and did an outstanding job on my hair. Not only was she super talented, but Chantal was also a pleasure to hang out with for the day. Val also had Christina come to help out with some of the bridal party and she did a great job as well. The day ran so smoothly and I can't thank Val enough for making it such a wonderful experience.

Brides by Valerie Clarke 16
    Brides by Valerie Clarke 17
    Brides by Valerie Clarke 18
    Sent on 05/21/2018

PEARLOMA · Married on 11/25/2017

Val and Jackie did the hair and makeup for myself and the bridal party for my wedding. Val is very responsive to emails, professional and punctual. The hair and makeup trial was a breeze and Val immediately picked up on my vision for what I wanted to do with my hair. On the day of the wedding, she and Jackie came in early to setup at the hotel and were done ahead of schedule, which allowed me and the bridal party some time to relax. My hair and makeup stayed in place all day even through all the dancing. If Val has the date available for your wedding, I would highly recommend to go with her for your hair and makeup.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Jillian · Married on 10/28/2017

Val is an incredible hair stylist! She did my hair on my wedding day, and I could not have been more pleased with the result. My hair style was beautiful and exactly what I had hoped for on my wedding day! And my hair lasted all night! Val traveled to my home on the morning of my wedding - which was great. Val arrived early to set-up, and she was incredibly timely - all of the hair styles for myself, my bridesmaids, my mom and my mother-in-law were finished ahead of schedule. And every single person was incredibly happy with their final result!

Val is also very responsive to emails, which was very much appreciated.

I would highly recommend Brides by Valerie Clarke for anyone in search of a hair stylist on their wedding day! Thank you Val!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Colleen · Married on 09/22/2017

I can’t thank Valerie enough for turning my hair into exactly what I dreamed of for my wedding day!! From the trial, to the emails/ questions in between, to my Wedding day – Val was great to work with. Along with my hair, my bridesmaids and MIL, everyone's hair was perfect! My curls even lasted throughout the night, a big thank you for that! :) I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/25/2017

There are just some people you know you want to hire after their first correspondence with you, and that was Valerie. She was super professional, but also sensitive to what I said I wanted from my hair and make up stylists. I did a trial for my hair and it turned out great and stayed in for over 24 hours! Which is a real feat considering I have a lot of straight, fine hair which normally loses a curl and falls out of up dos fast. The day of, my hair actually came out a little different than what she had done at the trial, but I wasn't complaining; it was even better! She said now she "knew my hair". Haha! Spoken like a true hair whiz! Her make up stylist, Cindy I believe her name was, was also great, very warm and personable. Both gave me, my 2 BMs, and my mom that beautiful "glowy" look. We all felt very confident. I would highly recommend Valerie and her team for your beauty needs for your big day!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Meadow · Married on 07/29/2017

Finding Valerie was one of the greatest gifts in wedding planning. I had another trial before I found Valerie, and there was no comparison between the two of them. Val was so reassuring, listened so carefully, and was so committed to creating the look I imagined in my head. During the weeks leading up to my wedding, she was super responsive whenever I had questions, and on my wedding day, she was on time, efficient, nice, and relaxed. She and her assistant created 9 different looks that day, all of which my bridesmaids, mom, and I loved, and every single person's hair was still impeccably in place over 12 hours later after the reception. I cannot recommend Val enough. Book her now.

Sent on 08/27/2017

Erin · Married on 04/29/2017

Val was simply amazing! I was so impressed during my trial (hair by Val, make up by Jacqui) I immediately recommended them to a family member for their wedding. On the wedding day everyone looked wonderful. My bridesmaid and I were impressed. I love that they are on -site and were willing to travel to my home. My hair and makeup looked perfect for the entire wedding and after party!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Bridget · Married on 11/06/2016

I could not have dreamed of a better hair stylist for my wedding day! Val came as a recommendation from my makeup stylist and I am so glad that I reached out to her. She was able to pull off a perfect vintage finger roll style for me that I am still receiving compliments on today from my wedding guests. My party also were very happy with their hairstyles for the day and raved about us finding her which is always nice. I can honestly say that I will now go to Val for everything without question as she really is the best!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Jessie · Married on 10/21/2016

Working with Val and her team was the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. Cindy did our hair and Jacqui did our makeup. Every person in the party looked perfect and most importantly, their beauty was enhanced, no one looked like a completely different person. I felt so relaxed while getting ready, it was exactly what I wanted. Val was flexible, responsive and proactive. I can't wait to see what everyone looks like in the professional photos because even cell phone photos are amazing! I will suggest working with Val to every bride I meet in NJ/PA.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Brides by Valerie Clarke's reply:

Jessie, thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm so glad all of your expectations were met . It was a pleasure working with you.

cathy · Married on 10/15/2016

I loved my hair!!! Cindy was my stylist for the day and she did all of my bridesmaids in the amount of time that she said she would! She kept us on schedule. I highly recommend :-)

Sent on 11/28/2016

Rachael · Married on 08/06/2016

Val and her team Jacquie and Chantel did an amazing job styling myself, bridesmaids and mothers on a tight morning timeline. They were easy and fun to work with I was so pleased with how all of our hair and makeup looked. Definitely recommend Val and her team!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Brides by Valerie Clarke's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure.

Nic · Married on 06/24/2016

Val is a must when you need on location hair and make-up! Wow! She was so easy to work with and flexible with scheduling hair and make-up for 11 girls/moms the morning of my wedding. She and Jacqui were punctual, came prepared with everything they needed for the morning, and styled every one of us to our liking... and boy were they fast!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Brides by Valerie Clarke's reply:

Thanks Niclole. Don't forget to send us some more pictures.

Jackie · Married on 06/18/2016

We hired Val and Jackie to do hair and make-up for our Moms, 3 bridesmaids, and me. Val also did hair for our 3 flower girls. Everyone's hair and make-up looked great and lasted through the day and all night. I even threw some last-minute changes at them, and they just rolled with it. Make-up looked great, but wasn't cakey or heavy. Hair looked soft and natural, but stayed in place. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Brides by Valerie Clarke's reply:

Thank you Jackie. Your photos were great!

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

Val started out as my hairdresser 15 years ago so I thought of know one else for my wedding! I told her my ideas for my bridesmaids hair as well as mine and she got it spot on! Pricing was amazing; especially compared to others! Definitely choose Val!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Valerie Clark and Jackie Hungerford are amazing!!! They did my hair and makeup for the wedding, as well as my 4 bridesmaids and the MOG and MOB! They were truly amazing. Their work was fantastic. Every single one of my girls looked amazing! I am one of four girls (and the last one to get married) and everyone said that this was the most incredible that my mother has ever looked and I couldn't agree more!

I absolutely loved my hair and makeup. I felt like Valerie and Jackie really listened to what I wanted and helped me figure out how to create the style from all the random pictures and thoughts I had. My hair and makeup turned out even better than the day of the trial!

My makeup stayed flawless all night and the individual lashes that Jackie applied were amazing - they didn't bother me at all like traditional strip lashes do and I couldn't even feel them!

My hair was so incredible. Everyone was raving about how amazing it looked and the style stayed in all night (without 9,000 pounds of hairspray) even though I danced my butt off!

Val and Jackie were amazing the day of! They traveled all the way from PA to NJ the day of to be there to make sure we were ready in plenty of time. I have been in many weddings and I thought I would be a nervous wreck but honestly I was so calm and relaxed and everything went perfectly the morning of - my ceremony even started on time (which is a first for me since I am late everywhere)!

Valerie and Jackie are definitely a must for your wedding or any event! The prices are so great and reasonable and Val and Jackie are very accommodating, so sweet and awesome to deal with. They are amazing at what they do and I was so impressed and pleased. Every single one of my bridesmaid, my mother and mother in law all LOVED their hair and makeup which is not always the case so I was so happy that everyone was pleased and I really did feel so beautiful and special on my wedding day! Thanks Val & Jackie!!!

Sent on 01/15/2016

I would highly recommend Cindy and Jacqui for your hair and makeup. They were talented, on time, professional, and fun to work with. My bridesmaids and I looked amazing and we received compliments all day! 5 star all the way!!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Val was fantastic! I had gone to a trial with another company and had a bad experience, but Val made the other company looks like amateurs. My hair lasted all night, and my bridesmaids' did as well. I had not one complaint and she finished all 5 of us in just 2-3hours.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Valerie did an amazing job on my hair, as well as hair for my bridesmaids and mom. This was no simple feat, I assure you. I have thick "difficult" hair and my mom's is short and very fine. Everyone's hair held up for the entire evening, and we received so many compliments on how picture perfect we looked. Accompanying Valerie was Jacqui "the makeup genie". Jacqui was so patient and friendly, she really put us all at ease while she performed her magic. My whole party looked and felt wonderful. From our first contact these two women were very attentive and upbeat. They listened and advised, and really helped to make my wedding day special. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing hair or makeup for any event. Thank you both for your wizardry! (kisses for Jacqui from Zeke, he is sorry he didn't get to play ball with you :)

Sent on 10/16/2015

Brides by Valerie Clarke's reply:

Thank you , Andrea! We loved working with you.