65 Reviews for Brides by NoNA

Formal Gowns (5)
Veils (3)
Bridal Belts (1)
62 Brides by NoNA Reviews

It was an absolute pleasure working with Nneka. She was so professional and always ready to answer any question I had. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful dress than the magic she created for my wedding reception. I was one of many clients but she made me feel like the only client. So so happy that I chose Bridesbynona for my special day

Profile Picture KHADIJA, 12/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Nneka is amazing !!!! My girls dresses were impeccable! Amazing talent and professionalism.

Photo for Brides by NoNA Review - #TheDarlingMatrimony
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7396551, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Formal Gowns, Customization, Bridesmaids

Thank you Bridesby Nona for making my wedding dress a dreamy one. She did an excellent job for me and my daughters for my 10years anniversary dresses, both white dress and my reception dress was looking like a million dollars outfits. Everybody was wowed. Thanks you so much. I will always come back for more

Profile Picture Tosin, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I trusted Brides By Nona to make two dresses. She understood my vision and made sure my dress was beautiful, over the top, and I must say the quality was exceeded my expectations. I tried on many of the top designer bridal gowns but nothing compares to my custom dress made by Brides by Nona. By far the best experience.

Profile Picture Atarah , 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I just received my wedding gown and I am beyond EXCITED!!!!! It is EVERYTHING I dreamed of and more! Nneka really brought my ideas to life...REAL LIFE! I am over the moon excited with joy! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Brides by Nona if you are looking for a custom gown with the custom experience! From beginning to end, the experience was absolutely pleasurable. If I were to get married again, I will use Brides by Nona without a doubt! I am one very, very, very satisfied bride!

Profile Picture Tamara, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had to make sure I had all the time in the world to write this review. I truly believe in sharing spectacular vendors. From the first meeting to the end, Nneka of BBN was absolutely amazing. My first meeting was to discuss and share pictures of what I wanted my dress to look like. She was very humble, genuine, and made me feel comfortable. After visiting several stores to find my wedding dress, I just couldn't find the perfect one, so I knew I had to get a custom gown. Nneka went out of her way to make sure I had everything I wanted and more. The first time I saw my dress, I was speechless because it was even more beautiful than I imagined. Nneka is extremely talented, professional, personable, and very accommodating. I would use her services over and over again. It has been a month since my wedding and everyone is still asking me about my beautiful dress. If you want to look like perfection on your wedding day, then I suggest you go to BBN. Thank you again Nneka for making me feel spectacular and gorgeous on my special day.

Profile Picture Irene, 6/17/17, 1 Review
1.1

When I first started working with Nneka, all was great! Consultation went well...Received nice sketches based on my inspiration photos for my girl's bridesmaids dresses, etc. It wasn't until it was time to pay the deposit and send in measurements that communication began to lack severely. My wedding planner handled most of the communication with Nneka, while keeping me in the loop of things. I just recently married 4/1/17 and had been working with Nneka since 4/2016 starting out with the process; So as you can imagine, some sort of relationship was formed here in terms of what was expected. Once the complete measurements and deposit was sent in to her in Nov 2016, she assured myself and WP via a phone chat, that should would be working on the dresses throughout the winter(working away is how she put it) and will be able to send us progression photos mid-Jan of all dresses. Jan came and she pushed the date back twice after that. Of course we did not find this out until WE called her to follow up EACH time. The issue wasn't her necessarily pushing the dates back, but her not letting us know that we wouldn't receive what was promised to us at the time. This was explained to her during a phone conversation for which she began to get very belligerent and unprofessional. This all took place a month before my girls were "supposed" to have the "FINISHED" product, leaving me in a bind!! At this time, I requested a full refund back and took my business elsewhere. I wasted a whole year dealing with her and luckily had enough time to seek Plan B for my April 1st 2017 wedding! Totally unprofessional! I have so much more to this story but only so many character space the wedding wire is giving me! Communication sucks after you pay!

Profile Picture Tiara, 4/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot even begin to put into words the greatness of BridesbyNona. I knew that if i ever got married she would be the one to dress me. Imagine my joy when I finally met her and she was as pleasant as ever. I am not the type of Bride that can easily tell you what I want, but I definitely tell you what I don't want. Nneka of BridesbyNona came prepared with ideas on what type of dress she knew would fit my body type. She dressed me for my traditional wedding, which blew people away. She also dressed me for my white wedding and I still receive complements till this day about my dress. She is the best and I recommend her to every bride looking to feel like a goddess on her wedding day.

Profile Picture amarachi, 11/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

You will not be disappointed in anything made by Nneka. Be sure to contact her early because she is a busy woman. Other than that, prepare to WOWED!!!

Profile Picture Zainab, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the best experience with Brides by Nona. Nneka was very professional, sweet, and listened to what I wanted. I can't say enough how much I love my dress and everyone else did too! Her dresses are one of a kind and stunning!! If you are looking for a dress that is like no other and that will be executed exceptionally, you should look no further than Brides by Nona!!

Profile Picture SHARA, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Nneka is very professional and she cares about her clients. I changed my mind so many times on my order due to personal circumstances but she stayed patient and accommodating throughout the process. The quality of my bridesmaids dresses were AMAZING!!!! Still got people raving about them so you are in very capable hands. Thanks BridesbyNONA

Profile Picture Efua, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

i met Nona at a ups store, after conversing with her she offered to do my dress for free. I'm a quadripeligic who's paralyzed from the chest down. She did the dress the exact way I wanted it. It was phenomenal she had to hand dye the beads by hand and hand stitch everyone on the dress. Not only was the dress handled with care but so wAs I. She had a makeup artist and even bought me a wig . She was 10 stars out of 10

Profile Picture Savannah, 7/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

If you want to feel like a celebrity and GET A ONE OF A KIND WORTH EVERY DIME, bridesbynona is the place to GO. Professional , understanding , and everything A bride could EVER DREAM OF.

Profile Picture Nadia, 7/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Nneka really lives and breathes fashion. I threw a million and one ideas at her and she managed to design the dress of my dreams. The detailing was impeccable and her responsiveness was spot on. If you are looking for a traditional, non-traditional, bridesmaids, or any formal dress, she is the person to see. I can't say enough nice things about the entire experience. Thank you, Nneka and your team for being so phenomenal!

Profile Picture Carmen, 6/11/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Customization, Bridal Gowns

My experience with Brides by Nona was absolutely perfect! From consultation to delivery of the finished product, everything went beyond smoothly and exceeded all my expectations. Nneka was very understanding, patient and just a pleasure to work with. I love her! Communication is key for me and she kept me informed every step of the way with progress pictures and videos. I showed her my inspirations (and many adjustments here and there) on what vision I had for me wedding gown and she improved on my vision and created an absolute master piece. She executed the wedding dress of my dreams, completely blew me and everybody else away(even strangers on social media). People are still singing praises about my flawless gown until today. Nneka went above and beyond to make sure my experience was perfect. She hand delivered my gown to my venue and personally dressed me to ensure that everything was immaculate. You don't find a lot of people that selfless these days. She has found a lifetime customer in me and I will always refer her to anybody that will listen. Her hands are definitely blessed, her humility and gentle spirit just makes her such a joy to be around and work with. My prayer is that God enlarges your territory and your success will be beyond anything you can ever fathom. Being a BridesbyNona bride has been one of the best decisions I've ever made to date !

Profile Picture Chi-Chi, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a recent May wedding and Nneka did such an amazing job on my reception dress. It fit perfectly and was an absolute beauty! I highly recommend Brides By NONA to anyone who wants to truly feel like a queen for a day! She also made my bridesmaids one of a kind dresses that were stunning. She is very kind and really wants the best for her clients.

Profile Picture Osayamen, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I ordered a Crystal Embellished Bridal Belt from Brides by Nona. Nneka, the owner is very pleasant and professional. She definitely knows her stuff -- with very minimal guidance she was able to create a gorgeous belt that complemented my wedding dress perfectly. Thanks Brides by Nona!!!

Profile Picture Ose, 5/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

From beginning to end, Brides by Nona, was nothing short of amazing! After trying on an endless amount of dresses at numerous boutiques, I was getting discouraged that I would never find the perfect dress for my big day. I found BBN on instagram and at first was slightly hesitant to have my dress custom made but from my first phone conversation with the designer, I knew I had made the right decision. I showed Nneka "inspiration" photos of what I was looking for and when she said, "I envision you not only sparkling but floating on a cloud," I knew we were on the same page. I had one consultation with Nneka in which we went over all my needs for my two gowns and then the next time I made it to Atlanta was to try them on. My main requests were that 1: my wedding gown would take everyones breath away when I walked into the room and 2: that my second dress make me look like a royal queen!
When I arrived in Atlanta for my fitting, Nneka had not only honored my requests but she had gone above and beyond!!! The gowns were breathtaking!!!! My wedding gown fit like a glove, sparkled to no end, and the skirt was to die for! The dress was EVERYTHING I envisioned and more. My second gown was equally as gorgeous with a multitude of hand sewn flowers and a train fit for a queen!

I made no mistake in choosing Nneka. She was professional and very attentive to my likes/disikes. She always gave me her expert opinions but was never overbearing! She is the one of the few vendors I worked with that kept me calm throughout the process. Thank you Nneka for all that you did to make me feel so beautiful on the most important days of my life. Do not hesitate to contact Brides by Nona to make any dress for any occasion. You will definitely not regret it!

Profile Picture Trudy, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Customization, Bride

I usually like instant results so I was itching to see my gown. I'm glad I was patient because the final outcome is absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Bunmi, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Brides by Nona was more than awesome. They made my wedding day the most memorable day of my life. The dress was amazing, the fit was amazing, the fabric was to die for! All my friends kept ogling!!!! All communication was done over the phone, emails, whatsapp and FaceTime but the dress fit perfectly to the T. I have recommended BBN to all my single friends and I would myself definately use them again in the future! Definately 5** all round. They are very professional, quick to respond to enquiries (even with the time difference of about 6-7hours) and the quality of their work is second to none.

Profile Picture Saddiqah, 3/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Nneka is a very talented individual! She takes your vision and and makes it even better. I knew she had to make my dress whenever I saw a dress that she made on Bella Naija. I knew that I couldn't get what I wanted because I hadn't seen anything like exactly what I wanted. My dress was absolutely AMAZING. AMAZING. It broke the Internet as all my friends are saying lol. Nneka is kind and takes her time with her craft. If you are looking for a one of a kind dress she's definitely the one for you! It's a once in a lifetime event so why not ensure that you will be flawless on your special day!

Profile Picture Bukola, 3/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This is by far the best service i got for my Wedding. Brides By Nona made my wedding dress and also my bridesmaid and MOH dresses. My dress was Exquisite. She paid attention to details and made sure i was taken through each step of creating my dream dress. She was very professional and responded to question/concerns on timely manner. Her prices on dresses are quite reasonable as well. 1 month later, and I'm still getting a lot of compliment about how great my dress was. i am a SUPER satisfied customer and i would refer her over and over and over and over again to anyone. SHE is the BEST

Profile Picture User6474674, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Customization

She made my dream dress a reality! I couldn't be more happier with my custom made dress and veil.

Profile Picture Karissa, 1/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customization, Bride, Bridal Gowns, Veils

I came across BridesByNona on instagram. Her talent just blew me away and I knew right there I needed her to make my dream wedding dress. Despite the geographical distance (I live in Tanzania) it was still so easy to communicate with her, I emailed her what I wanted sent her my measurements and that was it.

I was pretty nervous as we never met physically for measurement or whatsoever but she kept me so calm and assured me everything will be perfect. God she was right. I received my dress and it is the most beautiful dress I've worn. I never imagined my dress would be this gorgeous. It fits me perfectly. Mind you I'm a very tiny lady :) .and its always a struggle finding an outfit that fits me. I have to make gazillion alterations.

I love everything about my dress, I can not wait to walk down the aisle and marry the most handsome man on earth in my perfect wedding dress.
I thank Nneka for everything, she treated me so well through the whole process. She has become a friend.

Profile Picture Ainat, 12/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Nona was extremely helpful in my bridesmaids dress search. Her design was original and her fitting procedures were perfect. I would call her a fit guru. She is very kind and helpful, even at 3:00AM. She knows her product and what designs flatter each figure. A designer with a beautiful spirit. Thank you Nona for all of your hard work.

View Vendor Response