90 Reviews for Brian Kirk & the Jirks

Willing to Travel (10)
Lighting (10)
Ceremony (6)
90 Brian Kirk & the Jirks Reviews

Brian Kirk and the Jirks are the best wedding band in New Jersey. It's as simple and straight forward as that. My wife and I made sure that our guests had high expectations going into the wedding and Brian Kirk and the Jirks far exceeded them. The band put on a show that rivals most concerts either of us have ever been to. There wasn't a moment all night where people weren't dancing and singing along. We are forever grateful to Brian Kirk and the Jirks for giving us the most memorable experience of our lives.

Profile Picture David, 3/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Brian Kirk and the Jirks absolutely made our wedding. Period. I can say without a shadow of a doubt booking them was the wisest choice we made. My wife and I have seen them play a number of local venues and we'd been hyping Brian and the band to everyone who was coming to our wedding for the better part of a year. Brian Kirk totally delivered.

They aren't cheap so cut corners elsewhere if you need to, because what nobody will remember is how many flowers you had... or how ornate the cake was... or how fancy the booze was, etc. Nobody was even sitting down long enough to eat cake, nonetheless care about centerpieces and flowers!

What we WILL remember is that two songs into the evening and they already had to shew people off the dance floor so we could walk in and do our first dance! We WILL remember 100 guests in a huge circle singing Piano Man, our officiant on stage as the frontman during Come Sail Away (BK&J learned the song for this reason), the horns section leading multiple conga lines with guests, Tyrone's personal sax solo to end the night, and countless other small things that made the evening.

You are clearly reading this review because you want a band at your wedding. Excellent choice. But don't be confused thinking Brian Kirk and the Jirks are a standard wedding band. Each musician is talented and professional. These guys played Zeppelin, The Darkness, Sinatra, Bruce, Meatloaf and Billy Joel BEFORE dinner. What other band is that versitile? I had guests coming up asking what the heck the 2nd set was going to be like because the 1st set was full-gas!

Our photographer said our reception was the most fun she had all year, and the owner of our venue pulled me aside and asked who the awesome band was. If two people whose job it is to attend/throw weddings say the band is killer, I don't think you can get a better endorsement.

A huge thanks to Brian, Nicole and the band! See you down the shore!

Profile Picture Matt, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Having been fans of Brian Kirk & Jirks for a long time, we knew we wanted to have them play at our wedding immediately after getting engaged. From the first contact through the end of the wedding, and even checking in afterwards, our experience with the band and management was nothing short of amazing. All of our concerns were addressed in our initial communications, and come wedding night, we had a tailored soundtrack to the best night of our lives. All of our friends and family can't stop talking about how wonderful the band was! They even said that it was like being at a private show, and that the band was far beyond what anybody could have anticipated. Being a musician, it was an honor to share the stage with Brian and the rest of the band, and that just made our special day even more amazing. You will make the best decision for your wedding to hire Brian Kirk & The Jirks!

Jen & James Rustwick

Profile Picture Jen, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Brian Kirk and the Jirks played at my wedding on a Sunday two weeks ago. As always, they kicked ass! As a fan of the band from seeing them at Jersey Shore bars and events, there wasn't any other option I wanted. Admittedly, I looked around to see what else was available, but there was no comparison. The band did an amazing job - perfect amount of energy and increidbly engaging with our guests. Highly recommending them is an understatement - stop reading this and go book them already.

Profile Picture Christopher, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

AMAZING! BKJ were absolutely fantastic and made our wedding an unforgettable night for not only my husband and me, but for all of our guests, as well! (We are still getting calls from our guests about how incredible the band was!) The song selection was top-notch and always had the crowd moving; the dance floor at The Ashford Estate was packed the entire night. Let's not forget about the horns, too. WOW! I have seen BKJ play many, many times throughout NJ and even though I already knew how incredible they are, they still exceeded my expectations. They certainly know how to throw a party and they did just that! There are many decisions that have to be made throughout the wedding planning process and this is one decision that I nailed on the head! I could not have imagined my wedding without Brian Kirk and the Jirks! They made our wedding the most memorable day and night of our lives from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception!!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Simply amazing!! We had the best time of our lives at our wedding all thanks to Brian Kirk and the Jirks. Weeks later, my guests are still talking about how great the band was. I have people who aren't even engaged yet talking about how they need to have them at their wedding one day! Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Seriously, get a big dance floor! I know bands can be expensive, but trust me - save your money, cut costs in other areas and GET THIS BAND. You will have the time of your lives and your guests will be saying its the best wedding they've ever been to! The best was when my dad played a few songs on the drums (which was so nice of the band!). I highly suggest getting Kristin, their female singer, as well. She is amazing. For real guys - the hype is real - Brian Kirk and the Jirks is the best wedding band out there!

Profile Picture Caroline, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

THE BEST!!! Brian Kirk & the Jirks made my wedding reception amazing!!! The guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night and are still talking about them. They were so wonderful to work with and we couldn't of asked for a better time at our wedding!!! I even got to sing my favorite song with the band which is a memory I will never forget!! Thank you for giving us the best night of our lives!!!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 6/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We knew we loved Brian Kirk and the Jirks from seeing them play down the shore or in local bars, they were the only band that we contacted about playing at our wedding because we knew they would do a fantastic job and they did not disappoint! Once we had them on board they gave us a list of songs to browse through and highlight some of the songs we would want to hear, so they could get a feel for the kind of music we like.

They did a fantastic job of mixing things up, playing songs for all the generations of our guests. Everyone was able to get involved in the music, even those that weren’t able to get up to dance. The rest of the party spent the entire night on the dance floor. Weeks later and everyone who we talk to keeps telling us how awesome our band was. Brian Kirk and the Jirks made our wedding a night no one will forget!

Profile Picture Catherine, 6/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Simply the best! BKJ exceeds your expectations. As a NJ Shore couple having an Upstate NY wedding there was no other band we would have wanted to celebrate our special day with. They are a HUGE reason our wedding was so memorable and we will be forever thankful. Everyone still raves about how great, unique and fun the music selection was and the performance they gave. BKJ give you an experience of a lifetime and we would highly recommend them for ANY occasion. We are already thinking of the next event we can book the band!

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Brian Kirk and the Jirks is the best wedding band around. Their energy level from start to finish kept the crowd going all night. The dance floor was packed even before the bridal party was announced! We had the best time at our wedding and our guests have not stopped talking about how great the band was. I highly highly recommend Brian Kirk and the Jirks if you are looking for a band that will keep the party going all night long! Also a big thank you to Nicole for being so responsive and easy to work with!

Profile Picture casey, 3/18/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception

WOW!! I think that was said from the mouths of every single wedding guest of ours. As suspected, Brian Kirk and the Jirks MADE our wedding GREAT. I've had the pleasure of seeing them at the Jersey shore and knew I wanted them as my wedding band. There were a couple of things for my wedding that I really wanted to make an impression and the entertainment was one of them. We flew them down from NJ for the occasion and they were well worth it! They were professional, coming on time and with ease. They played the best songs from our list and even songs off of our list that they knew would get us going. We were feeling it so much that my groom and I even crowd-surfed our own wedding guests! I couldn't possibly give a higher recommendation. What an unforgettable night thanks to these awesome guys!

Profile Picture Jen, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

OMG these guys are AWESOME. The band put together an absolutely incredible performance for our wedding reception- they seriously rocked the house!!! The dance floor was packed all night, and I'm pretty sure our guests were chanting "one more song!" at the end of the reception.... Our friends and family are still talking about how amazing the music was. Everyone we interacted with in the band was so nice, and they brought such a positive energy to the room, it seriously made the entire night. They flawlessly put up with my crazy family members trying to sing with the band (LOL!), and Brian's suggestions for the father-daughter dance were perfect. We can't thank the band enough, we'll be looking back on our wedding with such happiness and they were a HUGE part of making the night so special. We will 100% be recommending them to all our friends getting married. (although I'm pretty sure half our guests already asked us for their website info haha. But seriously. They are that good.)

Profile Picture Jackie, 11/3/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Learning New Songs, MC, Reception

Brian Kirk and the Jirks are a truly amazing energetic and extremely talented group of entertainers.......they will make your wedding a total success.....guaranteed!!! They create a vibe of emotion and downright FUN! Guests and family members that I have never seen dance and sing a long were on their feet!! There is so much planning that goes into a wedding and so many details and expenses.......do yourself the biggest favor and book the Jirks......your event will be a night your guests will never forget! Every member is special and talented starting with Nicole who makes booking your wedding a pleasure.......we even switched our booked venue date from a Saturday to a Friday to be able to have Brian Kirk and the Jirks!!!!!!!! I read another review where the bride said if we had our wedding in a cave with no food or liquor it still would have been the best ever.......she said it perfectly!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Brian Kirk and the Jirks will make your wedding everything you've ever dreamed of. Period. They had everyone out of their seats dancing from song one until the lights came on - I'm still receiving compliments from friends and family a month later on how it was the best band they've ever heard at a wedding and that they haven't danced that much at a wedding in years. They helped us to throw the party of the year with all of our favorite people - I literally cannot explain how much I love them for helping my husband and I to have the best day of our lives. They are energetic, personable, amazing musicians who obviously love what they do. Book them NOW before it's too late.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

You NEED to have Brian Kirk & the Jirks at your wedding!! The band is amazing and Brian is awesome. Our guests still tell us we had the best band ever!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

BOOK THEM!!!! They make the event something truly special! They have great energy and they are so talented! You won't be disapointed!

Profile Picture Lora, 9/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band took our dream wedding to the next level! They were absolutely phenomenal! Worth every penny, highly recommend for anyone looking for a diverse set of music and unbeatable energy!

Profile Picture User7272645, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Amazing band, awesome show and the best entertainment that I've ever seen at the weddings. Was dancing non stop till the show was finished. Our friends wedding was amazing and the biggest part of it was this band.
Brian and all the members of the band, thank you so much for a such great time. The song "21st night of September" was fabulous :-)

Profile Picture User7004801, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

I can't even! Those are the only words I can think of to adequately describe how amazing this band is. From communicating with Nicole, to requesting a custom 4 piece ceremony, to Brian closing the reception out with an acoustic version of "Thunder Road" (including a sax solo) -- our private wedding concert was spectacular. Perfect in every way. Our food was delicious, my dress was gorgeous, the venue was incredible, but what are people still talking about? What do they remember? THIS AMAZING BAND! If you have the ability to hire them, do yourself and your guests a favor and just do it.

Profile Picture Johanna, 7/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I already knew coming upon my wedding day that I wanted Brian Kirk and The Jirks to play at our wedding, so much so - that I even booked the band before we officially got engaged!!! I knew our engagement was coming soon so the number one thing I was focused on was booking this band first to make sure they were a part of our special celebration. They have hands down made our wedding OUR GREATEST NIGHT EVER!! I can't even begin to describe how amazing they were! They had the dance floor packed almost immediately once everyone walked through the doors. From Brian himself to his amazing supporting vocals, his AMAZING horn section.. they had people talking and talking for days after... sending us messages, emails and texts that they were by far the BEST wedding band they had ever seen!!! and that it was the BEST wedding they have been to in a long time. The best part about this band is all age groups were on the dance floor all night! From all our friends and all our parents friends...They were able to feel the crowd and make everyone attending have the best time. An amazing time was had by all and that made us so very happy! Also organizing and dealing with Nicole on the details has been the easiest process ever as well. She's very attentive and thorough and gets back to you almost immediately! I cannot say enough about this band and can hands down say our wedding would not have been the same without them!!!!

Profile Picture Mara, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Vocals

We just had Brian Kirk and the Jirks at our wedding two weeks ago. They were absolutely amazing! Our guests were raving about them all night and we are still getting calls and messages from our guests commenting on how much fun and incredible the band was! Brian and the band made our wedding THE wedding and party of the year! Our guests would not stop dancing the entire night, it was amazing. Our experience with Brian Kirk and the Jirks was simply the best. Nicole was a pleasure to work with in planning and coordinating our event. She is so accommodating, easy to work with, responsive, and made planning our wedding reception so easy for us. Brian was the MC at the reception and he could not have been more personable, professional, kind, easy to work with and fun. He ran the entire night so smoothly and to perfection. The band is simply the best of the best, cannot express enough how amazing they were all night. We can't recommend them enough!!! Because of Brian Kirk and the Jirks, we had the most amazing wedding reception and they made it a night we will never forget! Thank you again to Brian, Nicole, and the entire Jirks band!

Jenny and Mike Castellanos

Profile Picture Jennifer , 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

They were fantastic!! We have gotten so many compliments about them even three months after the wedding

Profile Picture Carly, 5/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Brian Kirk and the Jirks made OUR WEDDING!!! They made our day sooo special! Our guests won't stop talking about how amazing they were! First off, working with Nicole is a breeze. She communicates with you promptly and answers all questions. Brian approached Eric and me and asked to sing our first song live instead of the DJ and we agreed. WOW, what a great decision!! He killed it!!! Our guests were beyond impressed with our first dance. The horn section is so entertaining and fun. They mix in with the guests and walk all around the room. Our older guests really loved this, since they couldn't move from their seats. Brian played an 8 minute mash up at the end and it really ended the night with a bang! Everyone who attended the wedding keeps telling us that if our guests had 2 legs, they were dancing!!! Thank you again for making our dream wedding come true!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

This band is where it is at! It was like having a private concert catered around what you wanted to hear. Nicole has been a pleasure to work with, she was very responsive, extremely organized and made the booking and planning process extremely easy. They provided lots of guidance on types of songs with recommendations for all the music selections. But they were also willing to learn and play anything. In regards to our big day on Friday, May 6th, we had the time of our lives. They were extremely professional, loved the jokes and the personal connection that they made with us and all of our guests. They made sure that everything throughout the night went smoothly and on-time. They worked with our location vendor and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Oh and that isn't the best part, the music was AMAZING, and everyone was up on their feet the entire time. Thank you for making our day even that much more wonderful!

Profile Picture User6701470, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Brian Kirk and the Jirks are amazing. They provided live music for our wedding on 4/30/16 and just blew all of our guests away! Everything we requested was done perfectly including a special version of our first dance which was amazing. The band has so much energy it is impossible not to dance to. The vocal range and talent shined all night and we couldn't imagine our wedding without them. If you want THE best band for your best day of your life Brian Kirk and the Jirks are the band for you!

Profile Picture Brian, 4/30/16, 1 Review