Brian Kirk & the Jirks Reviews

Brian Kirk & the Jirks 3
  • Geri

Geri · Married on 10/26/2018

Best wedding band ever!

I can’t even express how awesome Brian Kirk and the Jirks are!!! They absolutely MADE the wedding the best party ever! The band coordinator was very easy to deal with in the planning. And we couldn’t have been happier with Brian and the rest of the band on the night of the wedding! He makes you feel like you’ve known him forever and totally leads the party! The band/music was the most important to me for the wedding, and therefore was our biggest splurge and it was 1000% worth it! You won’t regret hiring them (if you can find an available date, that is!!)

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2018

Hire the best band on the Jersey Shore!!! They are worth every penny!!!! They made my wedding it would not have been a party without BK&J!!!!

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2018

Brian Kirk and the Jirks made our wedding a HUGE hit!!! Everyone couldn't stop raving about the band and we couldn't keep people off of the dance floor! The band even learned a few songs to play for us and Brian really knows how to work a crowd like no other. We are SO HAPPY that they helped make our wedding so magical! :)

Marina · Married on 09/14/2018

We had booked B Kirk and the Jirks initially because we saw them play in Hoboken and they had been amazing. After booking them, we came across several people who had either also booked them for their weddings or had attended weddings where they played- and EVERYONE raved about them- so we knew we had made a good choice. Fast forward to our own wedding and the band still managed to blow our expectations out of the water! Our dance floor was so packed, there wasn’t any room left on it and people danced so much that they could barely walk the next day. It was absolutely amazing, and as you can imagine none of us could stop talking about how epic they were! I really can’t say enough good things about them!!

Nick · Married on 09/09/2018

This band is beyond amazing. My wife and I had the time of our lives. Our guests were dancing from the time they stepped foot into the reception until the last song was finished. Our guests are STILL calling/texting us to compliment the band. They go above and beyond to make sure every single person has a smile on their face the entire time. Not only do you get great music but you get amazing entertainment in addition. I will recommend this band to anyone!! Thanks again for an amazing and unforgettable night!

Kelsey · Married on 05/19/2018

Choosing Brian Kirk and the Jirks was the easiest decision in our wedding planning process. For years my friends and I have enjoyed going our in this area to listen to Brian play great music but they really step it up when it comes to weddings! Every single member of the band is extremely talented, friendly and accommodating. From learning new songs in preparation for your big day to feeling the crowd and playing the right songs in the moment, this band does everything in their power to make sure you and your guests have the best night possible! I can't thank them enough for being part of our wedding day and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have the most fun reception they can imagine!
    Those of our guests that got to experience Brian Kirk and the Jirks for the first time on our Wedding day could NOT stop talking about how amazing our band was. Everyone had a hard time taking a break from the dance floor to eat, to get a drink, to take a picture.. to do anything! Our guests talked about how much fun they had (and how much they danced) for weeks!!

Brian Kirk & the Jirks 4
    Brian Kirk & the Jirks 5
    Brian Kirk & the Jirks 6

David · Married on 03/24/2018

Brian Kirk and the Jirks are the best wedding band in New Jersey. It's as simple and straight forward as that. My wife and I made sure that our guests had high expectations going into the wedding and Brian Kirk and the Jirks far exceeded them. The band put on a show that rivals most concerts either of us have ever been to. There wasn't a moment all night where people weren't dancing and singing along. We are forever grateful to Brian Kirk and the Jirks for giving us the most memorable experience of our lives.

Leigh · Married on 01/06/2018

There are no words for how incredible Brian Kirk and the Jirks are. We knew we wanted to have them at our wedding, and we literally picked our day based on when they would be available. They totally set the vibe/mood and are the most fun and energetic band. THERE IS NO ONE BETTER. I still have people talking about my wedding that was in January and making comments about how much fun they had. That’s how a wedding should be! I totally attribute this to BK&J. Stop looking for another band and go book Brian Kirk and the Jirks for your wedding if you want to have the best night of your life.

Matt · Married on 11/18/2017

Brian Kirk and the Jirks absolutely made our wedding. Period. I can say without a shadow of a doubt booking them was the wisest choice we made. My wife and I have seen them play a number of local venues and we'd been hyping Brian and the band to everyone who was coming to our wedding for the better part of a year. Brian Kirk totally delivered.

They aren't cheap so cut corners elsewhere if you need to, because what nobody will remember is how many flowers you had... or how ornate the cake was... or how fancy the booze was, etc. Nobody was even sitting down long enough to eat cake, nonetheless care about centerpieces and flowers!

What we WILL remember is that two songs into the evening and they already had to shew people off the dance floor so we could walk in and do our first dance! We WILL remember 100 guests in a huge circle singing Piano Man, our officiant on stage as the frontman during Come Sail Away (BK&J learned the song for this reason), the horns section leading multiple conga lines with guests, Tyrone's personal sax solo to end the night, and countless other small things that made the evening.

You are clearly reading this review because you want a band at your wedding. Excellent choice. But don't be confused thinking Brian Kirk and the Jirks are a standard wedding band. Each musician is talented and professional. These guys played Zeppelin, The Darkness, Sinatra, Bruce, Meatloaf and Billy Joel BEFORE dinner. What other band is that versitile? I had guests coming up asking what the heck the 2nd set was going to be like because the 1st set was full-gas!

Our photographer said our reception was the most fun she had all year, and the owner of our venue pulled me aside and asked who the awesome band was. If two people whose job it is to attend/throw weddings say the band is killer, I don't think you can get a better endorsement.

A huge thanks to Brian, Nicole and the band! See you down the shore!

Jen · Married on 08/26/2017

Having been fans of Brian Kirk & Jirks for a long time, we knew we wanted to have them play at our wedding immediately after getting engaged. From the first contact through the end of the wedding, and even checking in afterwards, our experience with the band and management was nothing short of amazing. All of our concerns were addressed in our initial communications, and come wedding night, we had a tailored soundtrack to the best night of our lives. All of our friends and family can't stop talking about how wonderful the band was! They even said that it was like being at a private show, and that the band was far beyond what anybody could have anticipated. Being a musician, it was an honor to share the stage with Brian and the rest of the band, and that just made our special day even more amazing. You will make the best decision for your wedding to hire Brian Kirk & The Jirks!

Jen & James Rustwick

Christopher · Married on 08/20/2017

Brian Kirk and the Jirks played at my wedding on a Sunday two weeks ago. As always, they kicked ass! As a fan of the band from seeing them at Jersey Shore bars and events, there wasn't any other option I wanted. Admittedly, I looked around to see what else was available, but there was no comparison. The band did an amazing job - perfect amount of energy and increidbly engaging with our guests. Highly recommending them is an understatement - stop reading this and go book them already.

Lauren · Married on 08/12/2017

Brian and the band gave an unbelievable performance at our wedding - they were the hit of the night and truly put on a concert like show. Guests are still contacting us to say what an amazing band they were. Every song they played sounded fantastic - they even learned a few specifically for us! - and they had the dance floor packed the entire night. From the horn section traveling around the room to perform in the crowd, to the female lead singer belting out Bowie's Under Pressure, to Brian convincing my husband to make his guitar debut with the band for a song, to the band ending the night with an Italian/Irish face off that actually made the dance floor shake, it was a night we will truly never forget. Not to mention that the Nicole and the staff were incredibly accommodating all the months leading up to the wedding answering our many questions and requests. Absolutely amazing and if Brian and the band have an opening on your wedding day, do not even think twice about booking them - they are THE BEST!!

Kelly · Married on 07/28/2017

AMAZING! BKJ were absolutely fantastic and made our wedding an unforgettable night for not only my husband and me, but for all of our guests, as well! (We are still getting calls from our guests about how incredible the band was!) The song selection was top-notch and always had the crowd moving; the dance floor at The Ashford Estate was packed the entire night. Let's not forget about the horns, too. WOW! I have seen BKJ play many, many times throughout NJ and even though I already knew how incredible they are, they still exceeded my expectations. They certainly know how to throw a party and they did just that! There are many decisions that have to be made throughout the wedding planning process and this is one decision that I nailed on the head! I could not have imagined my wedding without Brian Kirk and the Jirks! They made our wedding the most memorable day and night of our lives from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception!!!!!

Caroline · Married on 07/22/2017

Simply amazing!! We had the best time of our lives at our wedding all thanks to Brian Kirk and the Jirks. Weeks later, my guests are still talking about how great the band was. I have people who aren't even engaged yet talking about how they need to have them at their wedding one day! Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Seriously, get a big dance floor! I know bands can be expensive, but trust me - save your money, cut costs in other areas and GET THIS BAND. You will have the time of your lives and your guests will be saying its the best wedding they've ever been to! The best was when my dad played a few songs on the drums (which was so nice of the band!). I highly suggest getting Kristin, their female singer, as well. She is amazing. For real guys - the hype is real - Brian Kirk and the Jirks is the best wedding band out there!

Katelyn · Married on 06/30/2017

THE BEST!!! Brian Kirk & the Jirks made my wedding reception amazing!!! The guests did not leave the dance floor the entire night and are still talking about them. They were so wonderful to work with and we couldn't of asked for a better time at our wedding!!! I even got to sing my favorite song with the band which is a memory I will never forget!! Thank you for giving us the best night of our lives!!!

Catherine · Married on 06/29/2017

We knew we loved Brian Kirk and the Jirks from seeing them play down the shore or in local bars, they were the only band that we contacted about playing at our wedding because we knew they would do a fantastic job and they did not disappoint! Once we had them on board they gave us a list of songs to browse through and highlight some of the songs we would want to hear, so they could get a feel for the kind of music we like.

They did a fantastic job of mixing things up, playing songs for all the generations of our guests. Everyone was able to get involved in the music, even those that weren’t able to get up to dance. The rest of the party spent the entire night on the dance floor. Weeks later and everyone who we talk to keeps telling us how awesome our band was. Brian Kirk and the Jirks made our wedding a night no one will forget!

Courtney · Married on 05/19/2017

Simply the best! BKJ exceeds your expectations. As a NJ Shore couple having an Upstate NY wedding there was no other band we would have wanted to celebrate our special day with. They are a HUGE reason our wedding was so memorable and we will be forever thankful. Everyone still raves about how great, unique and fun the music selection was and the performance they gave. BKJ give you an experience of a lifetime and we would highly recommend them for ANY occasion. We are already thinking of the next event we can book the band!

casey · Married on 03/18/2017

Brian Kirk and the Jirks is the best wedding band around. Their energy level from start to finish kept the crowd going all night. The dance floor was packed even before the bridal party was announced! We had the best time at our wedding and our guests have not stopped talking about how great the band was. I highly highly recommend Brian Kirk and the Jirks if you are looking for a band that will keep the party going all night long! Also a big thank you to Nicole for being so responsive and easy to work with!

Jen · Married on 01/14/2017

WOW!! I think that was said from the mouths of every single wedding guest of ours. As suspected, Brian Kirk and the Jirks MADE our wedding GREAT. I've had the pleasure of seeing them at the Jersey shore and knew I wanted them as my wedding band. There were a couple of things for my wedding that I really wanted to make an impression and the entertainment was one of them. We flew them down from NJ for the occasion and they were well worth it! They were professional, coming on time and with ease. They played the best songs from our list and even songs off of our list that they knew would get us going. We were feeling it so much that my groom and I even crowd-surfed our own wedding guests! I couldn't possibly give a higher recommendation. What an unforgettable night thanks to these awesome guys!

Jackie · Married on 11/03/2016

OMG these guys are AWESOME. The band put together an absolutely incredible performance for our wedding reception- they seriously rocked the house!!! The dance floor was packed all night, and I'm pretty sure our guests were chanting "one more song!" at the end of the reception.... Our friends and family are still talking about how amazing the music was. Everyone we interacted with in the band was so nice, and they brought such a positive energy to the room, it seriously made the entire night. They flawlessly put up with my crazy family members trying to sing with the band (LOL!), and Brian's suggestions for the father-daughter dance were perfect. We can't thank the band enough, we'll be looking back on our wedding with such happiness and they were a HUGE part of making the night so special. We will 100% be recommending them to all our friends getting married. (although I'm pretty sure half our guests already asked us for their website info haha. But seriously. They are that good.)

Mary · Married on 10/28/2016

Brian Kirk and the Jirks are a truly amazing energetic and extremely talented group of entertainers.......they will make your wedding a total success.....guaranteed!!! They create a vibe of emotion and downright FUN! Guests and family members that I have never seen dance and sing a long were on their feet!! There is so much planning that goes into a wedding and so many details and expenses.......do yourself the biggest favor and book the Jirks......your event will be a night your guests will never forget! Every member is special and talented starting with Nicole who makes booking your wedding a pleasure.......we even switched our booked venue date from a Saturday to a Friday to be able to have Brian Kirk and the Jirks!!!!!!!! I read another review where the bride said if we had our wedding in a cave with no food or liquor it still would have been the best ever.......she said it perfectly!

Megan · Married on 10/21/2016

Brian Kirk and the Jirks will make your wedding everything you've ever dreamed of. Period. They had everyone out of their seats dancing from song one until the lights came on - I'm still receiving compliments from friends and family a month later on how it was the best band they've ever heard at a wedding and that they haven't danced that much at a wedding in years. They helped us to throw the party of the year with all of our favorite people - I literally cannot explain how much I love them for helping my husband and I to have the best day of our lives. They are energetic, personable, amazing musicians who obviously love what they do. Book them NOW before it's too late.

Melissa · Married on 10/09/2016

You NEED to have Brian Kirk & the Jirks at your wedding!! The band is amazing and Brian is awesome. Our guests still tell us we had the best band ever!

Lora · Married on 09/23/2016

BOOK THEM!!!! They make the event something truly special! They have great energy and they are so talented! You won't be disapointed!