Brian Hatton Photography LLC Reviews

34 | New York, NY

34 Reviews for Brian Hatton Photography LLC

Elizabeth M. · Married on 09/09/2020

Hire Brian for natural photos that highlight personality!

We got married in September 2019 at the Roundhouse in Beacon, NY and absolutely love love love the photos that Brian captured during our engagement session and wedding (and our family and friends agree)! We interviewed many talented photographers but we ultimately chose Brian for his natural, true to life, personality-driven, photojournalistic style, and his work went above and beyond our expectations. He was also extremely easy to work and a calming, professional, friendly presence during the chaos of the wedding day. Working with Brian was the best decision we could have possibly made and we couldn't recommend him more!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Mike K. · Married on 10/12/2019

Perfect Photos for Our Best Night Ever!

Brian was simply amazing. Not only did he take awesome candid photos (which was our #1 ask), he took unique, non-cliché staged shots as well (which we didn't even think was possible). To top it all off, he was an absolute pleasure to work with both before and during our wedding. Throughout the latter, he was unbelievably calm and friendly, but also kept things moving to ensure every photo we wanted was taken. My grandma said it best after we showed her the pictures last weekend, "I felt like I just got to relive the entire wedding again." If it wasn't obvious so far in this review, my wife and I could not be happier with all the shots Brian took. Speaking for myself, after checking out the photos for the first time, I favorited (a process that should have had me select only a few) over a third of the hundreds he sent us. Thank you, Brian, for capturing our best night ever!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Christine O. · Married on 10/05/2019

Photographer

Going into our wedding, photography was my top priority for vendors. I couldn’t have been happier with Brian for our beach wedding in Westhampton. He did a fantastic job with photographing outside on a very sunny day (which is not easy) as well as inside with low light. Great variety of photos and so many we love. We were so pleasantly surprised to see how many fantastic guests photos he got during the reception especially of our grandparents.
    I asked Brian to make edits on a few favorite photos and was not only accommodating but also explained the technical aspect of the editing which I really appreciated.

Most of all we loved Brian’s friendly and easy going demeanor. He was fantastic to coordinate with leading up to the wedding and just as wonderful day of. We felt very comfortable shooting with Brian and his team and he got along really well with our videographer as well. Overall, excellent experience with Brian.

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2018

Brian Hatton is incredible.

Booking Brian Hatton was far and away the best choice I could have ever made for a wedding photographer. Brian exceeded all of my expectations and I could not have ever imagined our photos coming out as beautifully as they did. Brian proved to be a calm in the wedding storm, innately professional, and courteous. He was consistently communicative prior to the wedding and has been a pleasure to work with following it, as we've worked to build an album/order prints. On the day of the wedding, Brian was so laid back and flexible, that I genuinely believe it took much of the stress and chaos out of the necessary but extensive posed family photos. Unsurprisingly, Brian also worked seamlessly with all of our other vendors. All in all, if you're looking for an incredibly kind and immeasurably talented photographer, I cannot recommend Brian Hatton highly enough.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Ariel · Married on 03/25/2018

Just got our photos back from Brian and could not be more thrilled!!! Brian's photos are true pieces of art-- quote from a friend "Your photographer is a genius!" He somehow was able to capture every meaningful, emotional moment, and also encapsulate the joy and spirit as well. Each angle he chose was just so beautiful. I have not been able to stop looking at the photos. Choosing Brian as our photographer was the best decision we made. He was also such a pleasure to work with. The nicest guy, and so much fun-- our bridal party had a blast shooting with him and he took such natural photos of us! I would recommend Brian to everyone and anyone. I never could have imagined our photos would turn out so beautiful. I want to keep every single one of them forever and show our grandchildren!!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/06/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Brian. He was my friends wedding photographer and once I saw her pictures and how well he captured the mood/feeling/energy of the day I knew I had to hire him for our wedding. He was very responsive via email and always happy to answer questions (which is important for an overly organized and anxious bride like myself). Day of, both Brian and his second photographer were efficient, friendly and made everyone comfortable. I know efficient isn't the first word that comes to mind when you're looking for a wedding photographer but after being a bridesmaid 7 times, its nice when all the pictures and portraits are on time and the morning/day is stress free. We recently got back our pictures and they are better than we could have imagined. Brian does an amazing job capturing the overall feel of the day. We cry and laugh overtime we go through them. Book Brian... trust me, you'll be happy!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Lindsay · Married on 05/27/2017

Brian Hatton was one of the best decisions we made in our May 2017 wedding! We are amazed by two things about Brian. First, he listened so well to what we wanted and delivered exactly that. We told him from the outset that we cared most about capturing the people at our wedding. While we liked New York and it’s part of our life, we didn’t want it to be the main focus of our wedding photographs. Brian suggested doing portraits at Gramercy Park, which was the perfect way to show a quiet, daily experience of New York instead of a big touristy one. We also expressed that we wanted to highlight photos of the groom’s sister delivering the homily in our beautiful Catholic church. He gave us a gorgeous set of photos of this touching event, and even managed to do so without capturing a random little girl who was running around the altar (hey, not everything at your wedding will go perfectly, and that’s OK!). When we look at the photos of our wedding alongside the other weddings Brian has shot, they look totally different and unique to us. This tells me that Brian does a great job of listening to couples and delivering photographs that reflect their special ceremonies. Second, we were really amazed by how well Brian captured the personalities of the various people at our wedding. He had never met them before! And still he managed to create images that 100% embodied the beautiful things we love about each of those people who joined us. We can’t even believe how much their personalities shone through in print.

Brian was an utter pleasure to work with. He was super responsive to e-mails and a very calm personality. He did a terrific job efficiently staging group photos and communicated clearly with our guests. He was prompt on the day of, quickly scouted a place in the hotel to do a first look, and he blended into the background the rest of the day. The final products, prints and album, were stunning work and delivered in a timely manner.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/20/2017

If you're the average New York bride, your wedding will likely be the most expensive event of your year and hiring the right person to capture all that you spent so much time and energy planning is so important. It's the first piece of advice I give my newly engaged friends - do not make a hasty decision on your photographer. The second piece of advice? Hire Brian Hatton. His work is absolutely beautiful. I literally took an entire day and looked through one of those lists of 160+ wedding photographers in New York and found myself coming back to Brians' website as a point of comparison. His style and composition is beautiful, he captured the most amazing moments during our engagement shoot and our wedding and overall he was so sweet to work with. Brian is super down to earth, listened to exactly what I wanted, and delivered. Not pretentious or pushy at all, just a great experience. We also received images very quickly which is always a very big plus! Give Brian a call, you wont be disappointed :)

Sent on 11/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/08/2017

Let me start by saying that I am in the industry and have worked with most photographers in the tri-state area. When I got engaged and it was time to select a photographer for my own wedding, the decision was clear and easy. Brian Hatton is the one photographer that stood out to me. Every wedding we did together, he was an absolute pleasure to work with- and when he would send over the pics, among the hundreds of amazing photos he always managed to capture one still image that told the story of the whole event. It blew my mind, every single time! For my own wedding, he was exceptional. From the first day I called the service was stellar. And out of the 1008 images he sent over (only 30 days after the wedding!!!) we are madly in love with every, single, one.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Ali · Married on 12/03/2016

Brian and his partner Dan were so wonderful to work with. We hired them for our 12/3/16 wedding. Brian was flexible with the schedule, but also helpful, as we had never done this before he provided suggestions when asked. We felt like he was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Like we didn't see him at all (in a good way) but when we needed him he was there when we turned around. He was fun to work with, gave great direction, and was just so easy and flexible. I'd certainly make the same choice again.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Alana · Married on 09/16/2016

Finding a photographer was easily the thing my husband and I spent the most time trying to find, in addition to a cinematographer. Many out there look unprofessional or ameteur. But Brian has the expertise of a world-class photographer. Each photo’s color and focus is beyond crisp and artfully done. He’s also an absolute sweetheart to work with and is extremely flexible with your preferences, hopes and needs.

My favorite thing about him, though, is his ability to capture the most beautiful and heartwarming photographs. You don’t even know they’re being taken but he will capture the most tender moments that really represent what your special day was about, beautiful moments that maybe you yourself missed in the whirlwind that is your wedding day.

He is far and away the best in the business and believe me, I looked at HUNDREDS of tri-state area photographers trying to find someone that would perfectly capture the day.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Rosie · Married on 06/18/2016

Brian and his second shooter were absolutely wonderful! Our wedding was two hours upstate from NYC and he showed up right on time and kept us on schedule for the rest of the day. Brian's warm and easy-going demeanor made him very easy to work with. He even laid down on gravel and grass to get the angles he was looking for! He's attentive to requests and preferences, but also naturally knows just what to do. He somehow manages to be everywhere at once unobtrusively. We had a pretty silly group, and Brian got both goofy pictures and beautifully composed, artistic shots of everyone. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

Brian and his second photographer were both amazing at my wedding. I haven't seen the photos yet, but their professionalism alone warranted this review. I loved working with Brian every step of the way - he is so talented, easy to work with, responsive, and made me feel so comfortable on my wedding day - the whole package!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Vanessa · Married on 07/04/2015

Brian and his team were incredibly stealth while weaving in and out of our wedding day. His professionalism, creativity and relaxed manner were exactly what we wished for as a couple. And our photos have been proudly shown in People Magazine!

Sent on 07/12/2015
  • User5195619 · 2+ years ago

Brian is amazing! He is truly a master of his craft, and knows ALL of the ins and outs of weddings. He was so helpful throughout the wedding planning process, giving great advice about how to plan timing and make sure the day went smoothly. I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Samantha · Married on 03/20/2015

We are so happy we choose Brian Hatton as the photographer for our wedding. Prior the the wedding he was extremely responsive and such a pleasure to deal with. He went over everything we wanted as well as the timeline a few weeks before the big day so that he made sure we had everything covered. We were a large and crazy bunch and his calmness and professionalism was especially appreciated! He got every picture we could have ever wanted. Once we were at the reception - you wouldn't even know he was there which is exactly what we wanted! The photos and album came out so much better than we could have ever imagined. Once I put the pictures online I got messages and emails from people I didn't even know (who saw the pictures through friends) asking me who my photographer was and praising his work. Thank you so much Brian for giving us these wonderful photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives together!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Jen · Married on 11/08/2014

Brian was super responsive, and very enjoyable to work with in the days and months leading up to my wedding and of course the day of. He was very helpful in determining a timeline for the day and making sure we got all of the more formal photos taken care of. I knew the cameras were present capturing important moments during the wedding, but I never felt that they were in the way at all and usually just caught them out of the corner of my eye. It was a great balance!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Raquel · Married on 10/31/2014

We hired Brian to photograph our wedding based on the recommendation of a friend and couldn't be happier with the final result. He was a pleasure to work with and he captured every important moment perfectly. Brian has a good eye and is able to come see great picture opportunities where others would miss them. I am very happy with our decision to use him as our photographer for our important day and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Aimee D. · Married on 10/05/2014

We cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed working with Brian. When we first met with him we knew we were in great hands. Not only were his portfolios fantastic but his demeanor and calmness was just what we were looking for. Brian was a true partner in the discussions around what we were looking for. He didn't try to sell unnecessary services and proved to be as accommodating as possible in all situations. On the day of, Brian showed up early and kept all of us focused on getting through the necessary photos so we could go enjoy our day. To top it off - Brian was non-intrusive when taking photos - something very important to us. Finally, Brian turned over our photos within a month of our wedding. I wold recommend Brian to anyone looking for a talented and photo journalistic style photographer.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/27/2014

I can't say enough good things about Brian! From the moment I visited his website, I knew he would be the photographer for us. I love his ability to tell a complete story with just images. He definitely excels at capturing stolen moments and has a real photojournalistic style. He has a very calming presence and was able to put all of our bridal party/family at ease. We took photos at many different venues and Brian was flexible and organized through it all. Thank you, thank you for helping us capture our perfect day!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/08/2014

As with many brides, I started researching over a year in advance for all my vendors, and photography was one of my top priorities. I literally vetted 46 different photographers, and Brian's portfolio impressed me immensely. It takes some amazing talent to catch those raw emotions and fleeting moments at just the perfect angle and natural lighting (and maneuvering from all the iPhones and iPads trying to do the same) in order to produce such gorgeous photos that will last for the rest of our lifetime. If you like photos that look natural and "in the moment" with a storytelling style, look no further. Also, I planned my wedding from a long distance, so it was important to me to find someone who was a good communicator. Brian was incredibly friendly and responsive to my emails during the whole research process and answered all of my questions quickly and professionally with lots of detail...exactly what I needed to feel at ease about making this big decision! I absolutely loved working with Brian and would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 07/10/2014

Crystal · Married on 05/30/2014

Your wedding might be one glorious day, but your photos are truly a lifetime! That is why I made finding an amazing photographer my top priority, and in NYC, making that decision can be pretty difficult. With that said, I don’t have a single criticism to make about Brian Hatton—he was a godsend! When I finally met Brian, I knew his relaxed, calming, comfortable personality was just what we may need for our hectic and exciting day (and a photographer’s personality is more important than you think). Brian is very easy to work with, professional, and collaborative with whatever ideas I had for the engagement shoot/wedding day. His artistic eye is undeniable, just look at his photos/portfolio/Facebook! My husband is a typical guy and camera-shy so we were worried about feeling awkward and posed, but during our engagement shoot, we felt natural and had a lot of fun! As a result, our photos were phenomenal! The morning of our wedding was a bit hectic, but Brian and his assistant easily accommodated to our circumstances; everything became easy and went smoothly. We received our photos only 3 weeks after our wedding(!) a few weeks ago and WOW I haven’t been able to stop looking at them since. His photos are STUNNING, natural, and timeless-- just how we want to remember ourselves for a lifetime. So thank you Brian Hatton! Choosing you as our photographer is the most unregrettable decision we’ve made for our wedding and we’re so lucky to have found you!!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Gretchen · Married on 10/14/2013

I had seen Brian's work for a friend's wedding and absolutely fell in love with the stunning images he captured. He has a way of capturing moments that feel highly personal in an incredibly artistic way. I wanted those kind of photos from my wedding.

Brian was (and continues to be) prompt in answering any questions that I have, his systems for organizing the contract and payment schedule were very straightforward and easy to manage, and his professionalism was very impressive each time we met. The day of the wedding we were running a bit behind schedule and Brian quickly adapted the plans so we were still able to capture all of the pre-ceremony photos that we wanted to get and he did so without ever making us feel rushed or flustered. His energy was calming on the whole group and he got lovely group shots of our very large families with what seemed like ease.

I was amazed when I received the pictures that there were nearly 800 absolutely stunning shots of the day. He got photos of every single one of our guests over the course of the evening so our photo books have turned into the most gorgeous spread of everyone who was there with us to share the day. I couldn't be happier with the photos, I look at them constantly.

Thank you so much, Brian!!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Brian was amazing! I would recommend him to everyone!!! He was so helpful through the whole process & he knew exactly what I wanted. We didn't even notice him throughout the reception & that is what I loved! Most photographers bother you and harass you all night with pictures - not Brian! Best photographer!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2013

Brian did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. I have to admit that I knew Brian from before he became a photographer so I'm a little biased about him as a person, but no matter how much I like him as person, I would never have used him as a photographer if I didn't think he was absolutely our best choice.

Brian has a way of capturing details and viewpoints that other people don't even notice. When you are the subject of his camera lens, you just follow his directions and sometimes can't imagine what he's seeing when he's setting up a shot. Then you get the pictures and are blown away by the perspective. My favorite thing about his photography style is that he can capture both your emotion and the atmosphere around you. To me, his photos from our wedding are the perfect way to relive both how we felt throughout the day and to experience what our guests experienced as we were getting married!

During our wedding ceremony and reception, Brian and his assistant were invisible, in a good way. I never even saw them during the ceremony but in our sneak-peek photo of me walking down the aisle, it was clear that they truly captured the moment. During the reception, they would be nowhere in sight and then people would line up to pose for a guest's camera and Brian would suddenly pop up out of nowhere and take the photo for us. It was awesome. Both Brian and his assistant were warm, funny, and friendly. They kept us relaxed and we liked seeing them help each other set up the perfect shot. We cannot wait to see the rest of our photos!

Sent on 05/28/2013