Brian Harris Entertainment Reviews

Brian Harris Entertainment 6
Brian Harris Entertainment 7

Emily Hamilton · Married on 09/04/2019

Perfection

Before my wedding, I didn’t think I needed a DJ (I had planned to make a playlist myself)... But once the planning process began I became overwhelmed about who would help make transitions, who would time my music perfectly for me, who could make a mix for a mother/son dance for us, etc. I didn’t think a DJ could do all of that and more- but Brian did, and he exceeded all of our expectations. Not only was he a DJ, but he was basically a day of coordinator, and a really fun/involved wedding guest. Brian is very professional and well spoken. He is on top of things, quick to respond, and extremely invested in his bride and groom. Our guests were complimenting him the entire night! He had so many great ideas too, like suggesting that our guests could come up and kiss in front of our table and we’d have to kiss the same way they kissed (a fun spin on tapping the glass for a kiss). But our favorite part hands down was the love story Brian told about my husband and I! It was incredible and had lots of people in happy tears. Brian was an unbelievable DJ! He was worth every penny, and I truly cannot say enough good things.

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2019

One of the best choices we made for our wedding

When we were looking for DJs I made a post on Facebook for recommendations. A friend had suggested Brian. I got on his website to check him out and I knew right away he was going to be our DJ. I knew without meeting him he was professional and organized. After our first meeting with Brian, me and my husband said it was a no brainer. He was so helpful during the wedding planning and helped put everything together. He has an amazingly organized website for you to keep everything together. He was always checking up on us and helping anyway he could. Our favorite part and one of the main reasons we chose Brian was because of the love story he puts together. We loved the fact that we had never seen it done at any other wedding and it made our wedding feel so much more personal and intimate. We can not say enough good things about Brian and would choose him again and again, no question. I honestly have no idea what we would have done without him!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for wonderful review, Jessica & Eric!! I’m so happy that you had the best day ever! What a great celebration, and on a THURSDAY, no less! Your guests were the best partiers!! Thanks again for choosing me!

Miriya Rasmussen · Married on 07/05/2019

Incredible!

Brian did an incredible job every step of the way. He was very helpful and informative while planning. He was in constant contact with us during the entire planning phase, from the time we hired him until even shortly after the wedding. During the rehearsal he helped everyone present to ensure the wedding ran smoothly. During the wedding his music set the tone perfectly. It sounded great. I loved his rendition of our love story. I was impressed how much dancing he elicited during the reception. He was the best DJ I've ever had and worth every penny.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your day. I loved all the unique elements that made up your celebration. Thank you so much Miriya & Jesse!

Mike Settle · Married on 07/01/2019

Can't have a wedding without Brian!

Brian is so much more than a DJ, he is THE Master of Ceremonies. Brian is an amazing guy to work with and he truly takes the time to get to you know. This makes everything he does during the reception so much more special. The Love Story was the best way for our family members to actually hear everything about us and it was one of the most touching moments of the night. Brian does other fun games and events to keep the party alive and moving. There is NEVER a dull moment with him. In terms of music, Brian let's you pick all the music you would like to play, but is there to made any suggestions if necessary. If the crowd is not feeling a song, he fades it into the next and keeps people on the dance floor THE ENTIRE TIME!!! Brian is a blast to work with and he truly made our day so incredible.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Mike and Chelsee! You two were so wonderful to work with and your attentiveness made the planning process so easy. I know that just from our musical tastes outside of the wedding reception, we will stay friends for a very long time! 🤘🏼😝🤘🏼 Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write this review.

Rachel Ward · Married on 05/25/2019

We would chose Brian again in a heartbeat

We can't thank Brian enough for the amazing job he did for our wedding! He definitely went above and beyond for us, and we got a ton of comments from people saying how much they enjoyed the music and the Love Story. The Love Story was definitely a highlight for us; Brian did a phenomenal job pulling our versions of the story together. My friends and I were also laughing two days after the wedding about how much our feet STILL hurt from dancing. So a huge thank you to Brian for making it a truly special event.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Jordan Seitz · Married on 11/17/2018

More than just a Playlist

Brian was an amazing asset that allowed our wedding to be both smooth and exciting! Some of the best things he contributed were his in depth planning (beyond music), his unique ideas, and the energy he was able to bring out in the crowd. He truly made sure that every aspect of the reception had been thought about, almost to the point of being a planner. He had fun and touching ideas like a circle up at the end and a love story which explained our relationship through the years. We couldn't recommend Brian enough!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Brian Harris Entertainment 8
    Brian Harris Entertainment 9

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Jordan & Ally! Not only was your wedding so much fun, it was my final wedding of 2018 and I couldn't have been more happy with the way things turned out. You have some very festive friends and it was a night of celebration and joy! Thanks for choosing me!
  • Adam

Adam Scholle · Married on 11/10/2018

The best DJ/MC of all time!

Brian Harris is truly the best DJ/MC in Dayton Ohio. Brian is truly special as takes on the responsibility for your big evening so you don't have to worry! He gets all the information he needs from you prior to the big day and it all unfolds in such a beautiful way at the reception from the music to his love story. Brian's love story is an awesome, unique, and beautiful addition to the reception. You have to hire him to find out more ;). His grand entrance is great as he introduces all the members of the wedding party with a little biography to the music of your choice. He isn't a simple DJ that makes a few announcements and pushes play at your reception. He's an expert at what he does and he'll make your evening extra special. You will laugh, cry, and feel the love when you put your trust into his hands!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Adam & Joanna! Your rock n roll Wedding was an absolute blast! You invited some of the best guests ever!! They loved to party, dance and celebrate! Thank you so much for putting your trust into my hands.

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2018

The main thing my husband and I wanted for our wedding day was people to HAVE FUN so we wanted to be sure to get a great DJ. We could not have asked for more from Brian and would recommend him to anyone! He exceeded any expectations we had. Brian did our ceremony, our reception, and our up lighting – so he did it all for us and it all turned out perfect. After our first meeting with him, I knew we found the right person! He was so professional, asked a lot of questions about what we were looking for, but not only asked us questions, he gave us a TON of ideas that we never would have thought about. He really gets to know his couples in order to make their day super personalized for them. He is very detailed – which makes it so the day of goes smooth! One thing that we really liked, and our wedding party appreciated, was he did personalized intros for each of them into the reception. That way our guests knew who they were, and we were able to give our wedding party recognition. Something else that really impressed me was the venue we used was brand new and he had never been there. He took the initiative and time to go to the venue and walk around and get a feel for it prior to our wedding day. He even came to our rehearsal. He went above and beyond to make sure everything turned out perfect for us. On the day of, he kept the reception flowing and on schedule. Everyone at the wedding had so much fun. We would recommend Brian to anyone. Thanks Brian for everything you did to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Brian Harris Entertainment 10
    Brian Harris Entertainment 11

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

OMG Lauren thank you so much for the wonderful review. I had no doubt that your wedding would be off the charts. And it certainly was!! The setting was absolutely stunning, your guests were fun and festive, and that dance floor rocked all night long. Thanks again for choosing me for your big day!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/07/2018

Brian was amazing in helping us prepare and personalize our wedding day! He went above and beyond in guiding us at rehearsal, prepping our "must play" list and relaying our love story to our guests in the most fantastic way! He worked closely with our best man and groom's sister to surprise us with a performance during our reception that carried on a tradition in our family that meant the WORLD to us!! On top of that, he helped the groom's mom surprise him with a customized dance for mother-son dance ANDDD mixed a group of songs per the bride's request for my father-daughter dance that made it beyond memorable. I even threw him for a loop and texted him 2 days before the wedding with a change, and he had it back to me in under 2 hours!! I was blown away at the extent of work he put into customizing our day. I would recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Olivia! Thank you so much. Your wedding was so much fun with all sorts of unique surprises and friend traditions! I love moments like those. And being able to give you and Andrew a special edit for your father/daughter & mother/son dances was an honor! Thank you for choosing me!

Melinda · Married on 06/30/2018

Brian was one of the first vendors that we met with in the planning of our wedding, from the first meeting we were blown away by his professionalism! He was definitely more expensive that we had thought we wanted but after seeing his online portal for planning, value add things like the “love story”, and his confidence in helping us to make decisions about timeline etc he was totally worth it! The day of went fantastic thanks in large part to Brian. Our Grand Entrance was fantastic with Brian introducing everyone very well, and most importantly the dance floor was hopping! We would definitely recommend him to any of our friends and family! Thanks again Brian for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Brian Harris Entertainment 12

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Melinda & Tyler for the nice review and for choosing me for your big day! I had such a great time working with you two, and your celebration was so much fun! Everything about that day was perfect!!

Kari · Married on 06/29/2018

Brian was amazing!! He was available for all our questions and got back to us with complete answers super quickly! He gave us lots of interesting ideas for our reception and the ‘love story’ was awesome. Everyone told us how much they loved the love story! The music kept the party going!! Brian was professional and awesome!! I have two daughters and I already told him I want him for their weddings (when they grow up) too!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Brian Harris Entertainment 13

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Kari & Chad!! It was a great party!! And I would love nothing more than to do your daughter’s Wedding when the time comes!

Sophia · Married on 05/26/2018

Mother of the Bride here. Brian has been a family friend for years, so there was no question about who we'd be hiring as our DJ. Even so, Brian exceeded all our expectations, and we received compliment after compliment on his work! From the timing of the whole evening to the fun games and the love story he wrote from our couple, we had the best experience with him! I can't recommend Brian more highly than five stars here but if I could, he'd get ten! Worth every penny, and we will definitely hire him again if the occasion arises! :)

Sent on 05/29/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! What a great celebration!! And little Luci had the time of her life too! It was a true honor to be a part of this celebration! Having known the family for 15 years made this one even more special to me.

Aaron · Married on 05/05/2018

As my wife and I started hiring vendors I was easily the most concerned about the DJ. I'm a theatrical sound designer and care deeply about the soundtrack to my life. We also have very eclectic taste in music, but wanted to throw a banging dance party for our friends and family. I made sure that we were going to meet the DJ in person so we could look into their eyes and know their soul.

From jump, Brian was helpful, receptive to our ideas, and constructive at every step of the process. He was incredibly organized and uniquely diligent in his efforts to make our day special and, more importantly, stress-free. He had a number of brilliant, out of the box ideas that we could never have come up with on our own (e.g., writing up our unique and hilarious story for our initial intro), and was very open to our own suggestions.

Then, there was the night itself. I have had a number of friends come up to me - both at the reception and afterward - to tell me just how much they enjoyed the music, MC, and overall ambiance. He knew what to play and when, ultimately making the dance party a winning success. We also opted to use his LED uplighting, which shifted colors to the beat - which, in my wife's opinion, is pure magic.

I can't imagine a more professional, friendly, and fun experience. We could not recommend him more highly. (I do a music podcast, and might have bragged about him thoroughly throughout our episode on wedding reception music.) Thank you, thank you, thank you, Brian, for making our night (and our year! (AND OUR LIFE!)) so much fun and such a success! You are a rock star!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Aaron & Kristin: YOU two are rock stars! What an incredible party that was! 275 guests who knew how to have fun and celebrate! Thank you so very much for choosing me to help you create the most epic wedding, ever!

Ashley Scarpelli · Married on 04/07/2018

Great DJ and much more!

Brian was amazing! He was very professional and helped in more ways than you'd expect. He is very organized and makes sure your day goes perfectly! He was our one splurge for our wedding and we had absolutely no regrets in that! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley & Michael! Your wedding was a great start to 2018's wedding season! Thank you for choosing me!

Cheryl · Married on 12/16/2017

When it came time to pick a DJ for our wedding, we didn't even look to anyone but Brian. I had worked with Brian back in 2009 for my daughter's wedding and I attended a wedding again in 2015 that Brian was the DJ/MC. Brian is extremely professional, organized and easy to work with. His years of experience are very evident when planning your special day. He meets with you personally a couple times throughout the planning process and also attends the rehearsal to ensure everything goes off without a hitch. He uses an online tool that is so easy to use. You can choose your play list and even add a "do not play list". The tool also helps you to plan your ceremony and reception down to every little detail. Our favorite part of his ideas were the Grand Entrance and the Love Story. Both of these personal the reception and make it so much more enjoyable. With the Grand Entrance, you can write about each bridesmaid/groomsmen to share how you know them and why they were chosen to be in your wedding. The Love Story is amazing. He provides the bride and groom with a list of questions that you complete confidentially. He then weaves them into a unique, personal, funny and intimate story to share with your guests on how you met, fell in love etc... Brian also offers any help needed to complete your play list for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception etc... He will ensure the crowd is engaged and having a good time. Brian goes way above and beyond the expectations of a DJ. I had an outdoor wedding in mid December. It was chilly (mid 40's). My feet were freezing after staying outside for the pictures. I told Brian I needed some time to thaw my feet before we would be ready for the grand entrance, as I truly could not feel my toes. Brian went and found a couple buckets, filled them with hot water for me to soak my feet and help "defrost" them ha. I don't know any other DJ that would provide that service!! I highly recommend Brian for your DJ/MC !

Sent on 01/02/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Cheryl for such an amazing review full of details and love. It was so great to be a part of your big day as much as it was to be a part of your daughter’s big day back in 2009. Thank you for having me back to help celebrate with the family once again! Don’t forget to always keep your feet warm! :)

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

Brian did an amazing job at our wedding! Brian was very responsive to any questions that my husband or I had before the wedding and he was always prepared. The planning meetings were helpful and the planning portal was easy to use and it gave me piece of mind that our wedding day would go very smoothly. Brian was very helpful at the rehearsal when we really did not know what we were doing. The wedding day went off without a hitch because of Brian. He helped us figure out exactly where we should have the ceremony in my mom's yard and he made sure all of the events at the reception happened in a timely manner. Also, he quickly adapted when my little brother came in before he was supposed to during the grand entrance. Everyone loved the love story, including my husband and I. Brian was amazing and my husband and I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful write up, Jessica & Chris! I had a blast at your wedding! Thank you for having me!

Daniel · Married on 08/19/2017

Brian was an incredible DJ. Rachel and I were completely blown away by his dedicated work to his craft, everything from the planning meetings to the rehearsal the day before to the wedding ceremony/reception itself. Brian had obviously worked/seen/been to a lot more weddings than we had at our venue (the Dayton Art Institute) so he had a couple of great suggestions that made the ceremony run very smoothly (where bridesmaids/groomsmen walk out from, etc.) which was a huge help. Brian also is a great guy who really cares about the bride and groom and wants to make the evening as special as possible. The love story portion of the reception was great and Brian even will snap a few pictures of people dancing, so you get a few bonus shots on top of what the photographer takes as well which is awesome! Brian played an excellent playlist at our reception that really got the dance floor going and you really can't go wrong with Brian Harris Entertainment as your Wedding/Party/Corporate Event DJ!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Dan and Rachel! You guys were a fun couple to plan with, and we did it from many states away. Thank you so much for having me a part of your big day!! What an awesome celebration that was!

Beth · Married on 07/22/2017

Brian is so great to work with. He's so professional. The love story is Amazing.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Beth! It was a true blessing to get to work with your family. It was an absolutely perfect celebration!

Marie · Married on 07/22/2017

Brian was the master of ceremonies for our July 2017 wedding. He was so great to work with and I would highly recommend him! He uses an online planning portal so most of the details were finalized a few weeks before the big day. He did an amzing job with our Love Story and everything ran smoothly from start to finish! Thanks Brian!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Marie & Clark! It was an honor to be a part of your special day! Thanks again!

Katie · Married on 07/08/2017

When I think of Brian, a few words come to mind: Sincere, Zealous, Energetic, and Organized. Our experience with Brian and the planning process was nothing but top notch. (If I could give 10 stars, I would.) As a control-freak, I let the wedding process plan itself rather than me stressing over things. Ultimately, I knew that if I was paying for top-notch venders then I should trust them to "work their magic." That was my approach with Brian. I always listened to his professional advice and truthfully - let him have the reigns in planning how everything would go that night involving him. From his fantastic planning portal to follow-up emails to make sure we were on the same page, I appreciated everything. The wedding day was everything I thought of and more. Not only were people just commenting on my decor and dress, but they were raving about our DJ. Some comments, "We need him for our wedding," & "He got the crowd going!!" Even though our timeline was a little off due to speeches (whoops), Brian pulled everything back together and used his organization skills to shift a few things around. If you need a DJ that cares and truly wants the best time for you and your guests, then you can't go wrong with Brian.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Oh my goodness, such kind words, Katie. Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Your wedding was amazing! Lots of great people on the "team". :)

Bree · Married on 07/01/2017

Brian was BY FAR our favorite vendor. His professionalism and personalization ideas are unmatched. I have a hard time naming him our "DJ" because it truly felt like this title didn't do him justice! He was our only vendor to meet us at our venue to check it out with us, and to show up to our rehearsal practice to work out the kinks! Unheard of!
    After hearing the feedback from our guests, here are a FEW of the MANY things we loved about Brian, and that really resonated with our guests:
    Our entire wedding party had personalized introductions/stories/songs for their grand entrance. Our guests really got a sense of why we picked each of our friends to be in our wedding. The father/daughter dance... I don't even know where to begin... he had the brilliant idea to do a voiceover of me talking about sentimental things regarding my dad during the song. There was not a dry eye in the building! We did a newly-weds game, where we raised up the stereotypical items to symbolize who we thought fit the description more -but his questions were unlike anything I've seen! So personalized, and so perfect. Before my husband and I did our first dance, he brought everyone to the dance floor to hear our love-story. He didn't miss a single detail and kept it light-hearted, funny, but still so sentimental. He provided uplighting for our danceroom, set them up himself, and had our venue looking exactly how we envisioned it. Lastly, Brian's attention to detail was absolutely incredible. He worked so well with our entire team of vendors and was so helpful with so many ideas and questions we had. I truly believe our wedding was unlike any other 100% due to him. Our families, my husband and I would recommend Brian in a heartbeat to anyone envisioning a unique, and unforgettable wedding.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Wow! Where do I begin in responding to this amazing review? Bree & Andrew, you were absolutely wonderful to work with. You were so attentive to things that I needed from you to prepare myself and guarantee that we would have an amazing evening, which we did! I wish you all the happiness in the world. Thanks again for this amazing review !

Mary Cait · Married on 06/24/2017

Brian was the DJ at our wedding in June 2017. He did an absolutely incredible job! He truly went above and beyond with everything for our wedding. He met with us multiple times during the planning process and checked in with us frequently to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. He is extremely professional and very knowledgeable. We had many guests comment on the "Love Story" that Brian put together for us. It really made the reception more personal. Brian is the absolute best! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Cait & Derek! I loved your love story! Thank you for allowing me to share that with your family & friends! What a great party it was too!!

Ally · Married on 06/17/2017

Brian was awesome to work with! He went above and beyond what we expected out of our DJ. Not only does he meet with you face-to-face ahead of time to calm your nerves, but he was also there at our rehearsal to help us organize things and make sure it was all going to run smoothly. We are still (6 months after the wedding) getting compliments on all of the "cool personal touches" that Brian added to our reception. If you are looking for a DJ that will do more than just play the music, Brian Harris is your guy!

Thank you, Brian!
    - Garrett and Ally

Sent on 01/07/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Your reception was such a fun celebration! And thank you for accepting my new beard at your wedding #TeamBeard LOL

Kelly · Married on 06/03/2017

Brian was amazing! Beyond professional, takes the time to get to know you, and it really felt like he was a friend a part of our day. He drove an hour to attend our rehearsal to check out the venue and meet some of our other vendors like our officiant and photographer. He offered a lot of fun options to make our wedding unique and stand out from other weddings we've been too. If you are seeking a professional, organized, fun, and experienced DJ who can read a crowd, look no further! The last minute addition of lighting was awesome too! Thanks Brian for being such an awesome DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 06/18/2017

BARBARA · Married on 04/01/2017

Brian did a fantastic job! From helping us at the rehearsal the night before, to the actual wedding ceremony and reception! He made everything so easy for us. Everyone loved how he gave a personalized story about the attendants and the bride and groom, and he kept the dancing going with a great assortment of music. He was great in helping with ideas for the wedding timeline, etc. especially since my daughter and I were clueless! We can't thank him enough! We know he helped to make our wedding perfect for us, and that is priceless!

Sent on 04/09/2017