Brian Harris Entertainment Reviews

64 | Dayton, OH

64 Reviews for Brian Harris Entertainment

64 Brian Harris Entertainment Reviews

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2018

The main thing my husband and I wanted for our wedding day was people to HAVE FUN so we wanted to be sure to get a great DJ. We could not have asked for more from Brian and would recommend him to anyone! He exceeded any expectations we had. Brian did our ceremony, our reception, and our up lighting – so he did it all for us and it all turned out perfect. After our first meeting with him, I knew we found the right person! He was so professional, asked a lot of questions about what we were looking for, but not only asked us questions, he gave us a TON of ideas that we never would have thought about. He really gets to know his couples in order to make their day super personalized for them. He is very detailed – which makes it so the day of goes smooth! One thing that we really liked, and our wedding party appreciated, was he did personalized intros for each of them into the reception. That way our guests knew who they were, and we were able to give our wedding party recognition. Something else that really impressed me was the venue we used was brand new and he had never been there. He took the initiative and time to go to the venue and walk around and get a feel for it prior to our wedding day. He even came to our rehearsal. He went above and beyond to make sure everything turned out perfect for us. On the day of, he kept the reception flowing and on schedule. Everyone at the wedding had so much fun. We would recommend Brian to anyone. Thanks Brian for everything you did to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Brian Harris Entertainment 1
    Brian Harris Entertainment 2

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

OMG Lauren thank you so much for the wonderful review. I had no doubt that your wedding would be off the charts. And it certainly was!! The setting was absolutely stunning, your guests were fun and festive, and that dance floor rocked all night long. Thanks again for choosing me for your big day!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/07/2018

Brian was amazing in helping us prepare and personalize our wedding day! He went above and beyond in guiding us at rehearsal, prepping our "must play" list and relaying our love story to our guests in the most fantastic way! He worked closely with our best man and groom's sister to surprise us with a performance during our reception that carried on a tradition in our family that meant the WORLD to us!! On top of that, he helped the groom's mom surprise him with a customized dance for mother-son dance ANDDD mixed a group of songs per the bride's request for my father-daughter dance that made it beyond memorable. I even threw him for a loop and texted him 2 days before the wedding with a change, and he had it back to me in under 2 hours!! I was blown away at the extent of work he put into customizing our day. I would recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Olivia! Thank you so much. Your wedding was so much fun with all sorts of unique surprises and friend traditions! I love moments like those. And being able to give you and Andrew a special edit for your father/daughter & mother/son dances was an honor! Thank you for choosing me!

Melinda · Married on 06/30/2018

Brian was one of the first vendors that we met with in the planning of our wedding, from the first meeting we were blown away by his professionalism! He was definitely more expensive that we had thought we wanted but after seeing his online portal for planning, value add things like the “love story”, and his confidence in helping us to make decisions about timeline etc he was totally worth it! The day of went fantastic thanks in large part to Brian. Our Grand Entrance was fantastic with Brian introducing everyone very well, and most importantly the dance floor was hopping! We would definitely recommend him to any of our friends and family! Thanks again Brian for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Brian Harris Entertainment 3

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Melinda & Tyler for the nice review and for choosing me for your big day! I had such a great time working with you two, and your celebration was so much fun! Everything about that day was perfect!!

Kari · Married on 06/29/2018

Brian was amazing!! He was available for all our questions and got back to us with complete answers super quickly! He gave us lots of interesting ideas for our reception and the ‘love story’ was awesome. Everyone told us how much they loved the love story! The music kept the party going!! Brian was professional and awesome!! I have two daughters and I already told him I want him for their weddings (when they grow up) too!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Brian Harris Entertainment 4

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Kari & Chad!! It was a great party!! And I would love nothing more than to do your daughter’s Wedding when the time comes!

Sophia · Married on 05/26/2018

Mother of the Bride here. Brian has been a family friend for years, so there was no question about who we'd be hiring as our DJ. Even so, Brian exceeded all our expectations, and we received compliment after compliment on his work! From the timing of the whole evening to the fun games and the love story he wrote from our couple, we had the best experience with him! I can't recommend Brian more highly than five stars here but if I could, he'd get ten! Worth every penny, and we will definitely hire him again if the occasion arises! :)

Sent on 05/29/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! What a great celebration!! And little Luci had the time of her life too! It was a true honor to be a part of this celebration! Having known the family for 15 years made this one even more special to me.

Aaron · Married on 05/05/2018

As my wife and I started hiring vendors I was easily the most concerned about the DJ. I'm a theatrical sound designer and care deeply about the soundtrack to my life. We also have very eclectic taste in music, but wanted to throw a banging dance party for our friends and family. I made sure that we were going to meet the DJ in person so we could look into their eyes and know their soul.

From jump, Brian was helpful, receptive to our ideas, and constructive at every step of the process. He was incredibly organized and uniquely diligent in his efforts to make our day special and, more importantly, stress-free. He had a number of brilliant, out of the box ideas that we could never have come up with on our own (e.g., writing up our unique and hilarious story for our initial intro), and was very open to our own suggestions.

Then, there was the night itself. I have had a number of friends come up to me - both at the reception and afterward - to tell me just how much they enjoyed the music, MC, and overall ambiance. He knew what to play and when, ultimately making the dance party a winning success. We also opted to use his LED uplighting, which shifted colors to the beat - which, in my wife's opinion, is pure magic.

I can't imagine a more professional, friendly, and fun experience. We could not recommend him more highly. (I do a music podcast, and might have bragged about him thoroughly throughout our episode on wedding reception music.) Thank you, thank you, thank you, Brian, for making our night (and our year! (AND OUR LIFE!)) so much fun and such a success! You are a rock star!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Aaron & Kristin: YOU two are rock stars! What an incredible party that was! 275 guests who knew how to have fun and celebrate! Thank you so very much for choosing me to help you create the most epic wedding, ever!

Cheryl · Married on 12/16/2017

When it came time to pick a DJ for our wedding, we didn't even look to anyone but Brian. I had worked with Brian back in 2009 for my daughter's wedding and I attended a wedding again in 2015 that Brian was the DJ/MC. Brian is extremely professional, organized and easy to work with. His years of experience are very evident when planning your special day. He meets with you personally a couple times throughout the planning process and also attends the rehearsal to ensure everything goes off without a hitch. He uses an online tool that is so easy to use. You can choose your play list and even add a "do not play list". The tool also helps you to plan your ceremony and reception down to every little detail. Our favorite part of his ideas were the Grand Entrance and the Love Story. Both of these personal the reception and make it so much more enjoyable. With the Grand Entrance, you can write about each bridesmaid/groomsmen to share how you know them and why they were chosen to be in your wedding. The Love Story is amazing. He provides the bride and groom with a list of questions that you complete confidentially. He then weaves them into a unique, personal, funny and intimate story to share with your guests on how you met, fell in love etc... Brian also offers any help needed to complete your play list for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception etc... He will ensure the crowd is engaged and having a good time. Brian goes way above and beyond the expectations of a DJ. I had an outdoor wedding in mid December. It was chilly (mid 40's). My feet were freezing after staying outside for the pictures. I told Brian I needed some time to thaw my feet before we would be ready for the grand entrance, as I truly could not feel my toes. Brian went and found a couple buckets, filled them with hot water for me to soak my feet and help "defrost" them ha. I don't know any other DJ that would provide that service!! I highly recommend Brian for your DJ/MC !

Sent on 01/02/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Cheryl for such an amazing review full of details and love. It was so great to be a part of your big day as much as it was to be a part of your daughter’s big day back in 2009. Thank you for having me back to help celebrate with the family once again! Don’t forget to always keep your feet warm! :)

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

Brian did an amazing job at our wedding! Brian was very responsive to any questions that my husband or I had before the wedding and he was always prepared. The planning meetings were helpful and the planning portal was easy to use and it gave me piece of mind that our wedding day would go very smoothly. Brian was very helpful at the rehearsal when we really did not know what we were doing. The wedding day went off without a hitch because of Brian. He helped us figure out exactly where we should have the ceremony in my mom's yard and he made sure all of the events at the reception happened in a timely manner. Also, he quickly adapted when my little brother came in before he was supposed to during the grand entrance. Everyone loved the love story, including my husband and I. Brian was amazing and my husband and I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful write up, Jessica & Chris! I had a blast at your wedding! Thank you for having me!

Daniel · Married on 08/19/2017

Brian was an incredible DJ. Rachel and I were completely blown away by his dedicated work to his craft, everything from the planning meetings to the rehearsal the day before to the wedding ceremony/reception itself. Brian had obviously worked/seen/been to a lot more weddings than we had at our venue (the Dayton Art Institute) so he had a couple of great suggestions that made the ceremony run very smoothly (where bridesmaids/groomsmen walk out from, etc.) which was a huge help. Brian also is a great guy who really cares about the bride and groom and wants to make the evening as special as possible. The love story portion of the reception was great and Brian even will snap a few pictures of people dancing, so you get a few bonus shots on top of what the photographer takes as well which is awesome! Brian played an excellent playlist at our reception that really got the dance floor going and you really can't go wrong with Brian Harris Entertainment as your Wedding/Party/Corporate Event DJ!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Dan and Rachel! You guys were a fun couple to plan with, and we did it from many states away. Thank you so much for having me a part of your big day!! What an awesome celebration that was!

Beth · Married on 07/22/2017

Brian is so great to work with. He's so professional. The love story is Amazing.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Beth! It was a true blessing to get to work with your family. It was an absolutely perfect celebration!

Marie · Married on 07/22/2017

Brian was the master of ceremonies for our July 2017 wedding. He was so great to work with and I would highly recommend him! He uses an online planning portal so most of the details were finalized a few weeks before the big day. He did an amzing job with our Love Story and everything ran smoothly from start to finish! Thanks Brian!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Marie & Clark! It was an honor to be a part of your special day! Thanks again!

Katie · Married on 07/08/2017

When I think of Brian, a few words come to mind: Sincere, Zealous, Energetic, and Organized. Our experience with Brian and the planning process was nothing but top notch. (If I could give 10 stars, I would.) As a control-freak, I let the wedding process plan itself rather than me stressing over things. Ultimately, I knew that if I was paying for top-notch venders then I should trust them to "work their magic." That was my approach with Brian. I always listened to his professional advice and truthfully - let him have the reigns in planning how everything would go that night involving him. From his fantastic planning portal to follow-up emails to make sure we were on the same page, I appreciated everything. The wedding day was everything I thought of and more. Not only were people just commenting on my decor and dress, but they were raving about our DJ. Some comments, "We need him for our wedding," & "He got the crowd going!!" Even though our timeline was a little off due to speeches (whoops), Brian pulled everything back together and used his organization skills to shift a few things around. If you need a DJ that cares and truly wants the best time for you and your guests, then you can't go wrong with Brian.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Oh my goodness, such kind words, Katie. Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Your wedding was amazing! Lots of great people on the "team". :)

Bree · Married on 07/01/2017

Brian was BY FAR our favorite vendor. His professionalism and personalization ideas are unmatched. I have a hard time naming him our "DJ" because it truly felt like this title didn't do him justice! He was our only vendor to meet us at our venue to check it out with us, and to show up to our rehearsal practice to work out the kinks! Unheard of!
    After hearing the feedback from our guests, here are a FEW of the MANY things we loved about Brian, and that really resonated with our guests:
    Our entire wedding party had personalized introductions/stories/songs for their grand entrance. Our guests really got a sense of why we picked each of our friends to be in our wedding. The father/daughter dance... I don't even know where to begin... he had the brilliant idea to do a voiceover of me talking about sentimental things regarding my dad during the song. There was not a dry eye in the building! We did a newly-weds game, where we raised up the stereotypical items to symbolize who we thought fit the description more -but his questions were unlike anything I've seen! So personalized, and so perfect. Before my husband and I did our first dance, he brought everyone to the dance floor to hear our love-story. He didn't miss a single detail and kept it light-hearted, funny, but still so sentimental. He provided uplighting for our danceroom, set them up himself, and had our venue looking exactly how we envisioned it. Lastly, Brian's attention to detail was absolutely incredible. He worked so well with our entire team of vendors and was so helpful with so many ideas and questions we had. I truly believe our wedding was unlike any other 100% due to him. Our families, my husband and I would recommend Brian in a heartbeat to anyone envisioning a unique, and unforgettable wedding.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Wow! Where do I begin in responding to this amazing review? Bree & Andrew, you were absolutely wonderful to work with. You were so attentive to things that I needed from you to prepare myself and guarantee that we would have an amazing evening, which we did! I wish you all the happiness in the world. Thanks again for this amazing review !

Mary Cait · Married on 06/24/2017

Brian was the DJ at our wedding in June 2017. He did an absolutely incredible job! He truly went above and beyond with everything for our wedding. He met with us multiple times during the planning process and checked in with us frequently to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. He is extremely professional and very knowledgeable. We had many guests comment on the "Love Story" that Brian put together for us. It really made the reception more personal. Brian is the absolute best! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Cait & Derek! I loved your love story! Thank you for allowing me to share that with your family & friends! What a great party it was too!!

Ally · Married on 06/17/2017

Brian was awesome to work with! He went above and beyond what we expected out of our DJ. Not only does he meet with you face-to-face ahead of time to calm your nerves, but he was also there at our rehearsal to help us organize things and make sure it was all going to run smoothly. We are still (6 months after the wedding) getting compliments on all of the "cool personal touches" that Brian added to our reception. If you are looking for a DJ that will do more than just play the music, Brian Harris is your guy!

Thank you, Brian!
    - Garrett and Ally

Sent on 01/07/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Your reception was such a fun celebration! And thank you for accepting my new beard at your wedding #TeamBeard LOL

Kelly · Married on 06/03/2017

Brian was amazing! Beyond professional, takes the time to get to know you, and it really felt like he was a friend a part of our day. He drove an hour to attend our rehearsal to check out the venue and meet some of our other vendors like our officiant and photographer. He offered a lot of fun options to make our wedding unique and stand out from other weddings we've been too. If you are seeking a professional, organized, fun, and experienced DJ who can read a crowd, look no further! The last minute addition of lighting was awesome too! Thanks Brian for being such an awesome DJ for our wedding!

BARBARA · Married on 04/01/2017

Brian did a fantastic job! From helping us at the rehearsal the night before, to the actual wedding ceremony and reception! He made everything so easy for us. Everyone loved how he gave a personalized story about the attendants and the bride and groom, and he kept the dancing going with a great assortment of music. He was great in helping with ideas for the wedding timeline, etc. especially since my daughter and I were clueless! We can't thank him enough! We know he helped to make our wedding perfect for us, and that is priceless!

Liz · Married on 04/01/2017

Brian is great to work with. He really wants to get to know the bride and groom well so that he can give them and their guests the best experience possible. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Liz and Jeramie for having me a part of your day. What a great way to start the 2017 wedding season off…at your celebration! I had an absolute blast with you all and I thank you for letting me to share your love story with everyone!

Grace · Married on 08/13/2016

Brian is a true professional, it was important for us to find a DJ/MC that would provide us with a perfect day with little stress or worry, and he was able to help make our wedding dreams come true!
    Brian is very professional, organized, and enthusiastic about his work. His organization prior to booking with him was impressive; during the planning process he was very easy to get in touch with when we had questions. This was noteworthy on the week leading up to our wedding- on the morning of our wedding, he was easily reachable to make some last minute changes.
    Brian utilizes an online planning portal which enabled us to convey to him our playlist, special requests, and stories. Brian’s vast library of songs is viewable and interactive making it easy to add and change songs on your list, as well as providing possibilities and suggestions for activities and games during the wedding to help engage your guests. Depending on the ideas that you choose, there is a lot of time and effort to be put forth by the couple, but very worth it! You can add any song you like to your wedding playlist; when we were picking our playlist for the ceremony and reception we had several choices that were not on his list. Brian was quickly able to add good quality music files to meet our requests.
    Brian is also great working on the fly: our ceremony was outside in the middle of August and the weather was looking iffy. Brian was prepared to change plans quickly if needed, though luckily we were able to continue with our outdoor ceremony- despite a little sprinkle.
    Brian was very organized and kept the guests energized the whole night. He took responsibility of keeping a schedule we had prepared with him and we didn’t have to worry about a thing; he really helped keep our minds at ease! In reality, he kept us relaxed throughout the entire planning process for that matter.

We cannot give a big enough recommendation for what Brian truly deserves!
    WE THANK YOU BRIAN!! - Grace & Tom

Sent on 10/02/2016

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Wow!!! Thank you guys so much for such a detailed review. Totally worth the wait! :) Working with you two was a dream! It was so wonderful to have such a focused couple to work along side of! I think we made a great team!! IPA for the win!! Haha

Emily · Married on 07/02/2016

Brian Harris was the only DJ we met with. From the first meeting we knew he was the one for us! As the Master of Ceremonies, Brian helped our reception flow smoothly and evenly. I didn't have to worry about a single thing. I would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Emily & Nick for choosing me. From the first meeting I knew you were the ones for me too! :) I just knew you'd be a fun couple to work with and you were! What a fun celebration. All the best to you! Thanks for the kind words.

Heidi · Married on 07/02/2016

Our daughter and now son-in-law, chose Brian Harris Entertainment from a list of preferred DJ's for the venue where their wedding was to take place. They knew immediately that Brian was going to provide them with the reception that they had envisioned...and boy, did he deliver! I met Brian on the afternoon before the wedding, as he was setting up his equipment. It was very clear that he was familiar with the venue, it wasn't his first rodeo! He had worked out everything with the bridal couple ahead of time, the songs to be played at the cocktail hour, the introduction of the bridal party, the songs played during the reception, the first dance, the father/daughter and mother/son dances, the great games that had the guests involved throughout the evening. As an MC, he captivated the audience and kept the evening flowing at a steady pace. My husband and I were thrilled with the choice that the now newly weds had made! When visiting with our guests that evening, person after person told us how wonderful the entire event was...in particular how much they enjoyed the reception. We owe that to Brian Harris! Thank you Brian, for giving us a wonderful evening that we will never forget!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Heidi for the wonderful review. I'm so happy that the guests had a great time and that you felt it was a huge success. I appreciate the time you took to write this.

Lauren · Married on 05/14/2016

If you're looking for THE MOST PROFESSIONAL DJ in Ohio... look no further. Brian works with exceptional sophistication and truly makes his events special. He absolutely made our wedding! His attention to detail, creativity, and overall professionalism was absolutely perfect. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him. Thanks, Brian, for making our day so fantastic! -Lauren & Jack

Sent on 09/22/2016

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren & Jack! I know I've said this before, but I'm so glad you two did a tour of the Schuster the day you did (a year earlier) when I was set up for another wedding, so that we were able to connect! Your wedding was off the charts awesome and I'm so happy to have been a part of it. Thank you!!

Amber · Married on 03/26/2016

You will not regret this decision. Brian was the d.j for our friend’s wedding and we thought he did great. Our friend’s were really happy with him as well and we decided to choose him for our wedding as well, but we had know idea just how crucial the decision to book Brian was for making our Special Day, and the months leading up to it, perfect! Brian was great to work with and extremely professional; he made us feel very comfortable. He already has a packet of information set up that lets you customize your event and he transforms it into a perfectly transitioning ceremony and reception (if you book him for both). He gave us ideas for things we were unsure of, but was open to any ideas of our own. He let us pick the music that was right for us. We had multiple meetings with him leading up to the wedding, and in the final one he reviewed the plan he created based on the information we gave him and we could make any last minute changes we wanted. He even customized music for us to match the timing we wanted for walking down the aisle and surprising guests during the reception. Brian came to our wedding rehearsal and helped us through that event with all of his knowledge, that otherwise would have been chaos. Our wedding couldn’t have been more perfect and Brian was a huge reason why. The music, the transitions, the flow, the mood, the timing, his words, everything was perfect!! Thank you Brian, we will be forever grateful :)

Sent on 07/30/2016

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Amber & Jake! I kicked off the 2016 wedding season at your wedding! Thank you so much for choosing me to be a part of it! And thank you so much for the amazing testimonial! Your details were fantastic!

Amy · Married on 10/24/2015

Brian was absolutely amazing. From start to finish we had complete confidence in his services. We initially met with him and he instantly put us at ease. He knows what he is doing and goes and mapped out what our wedding day could look like. He gave us options to choose from including some great surprises for our guests. He is so prepared and has thought of every aspect of the reception. He sent us forms to fill out that included information about our bridal party and any special guests in attendance that we would like to acknowledge. He is responsive whenever we had a question. He even came out to the venue a few nights before our reception to meet me and ensure the set up was most conducive to what we wanted. During the actual reception he did a wonderful job of pumping people up, keeping the dance floor full, and informing guests of what was going on. I got many compliments on Brian from my guests. I would recommend him completely and fully to anybody looking for a DJ and master of ceremonies.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Amy and Neil for the kind words. I had an absolute blast at your wedding and you certainly invited festive people to celebrate with you!!

Erin · Married on 10/23/2015

After my best friends wedding in 2009, when I had the privilege of being in a wedding in which Brian was the DJ, I had vowed that the day I got married I would hire him has well. Everything is so personalized - from the simple one on one meetings getting to know my husband and I to the thoughtful introductions of each and every one of the members of our bridal party. We not only hired him for our reception but for our ceremony and cocktail hour as well. As each of our bridesmaids and groomsmen entered the reception, our family and friends were given a brief introduction about them - including their personal lives (kids, marriage, careers, etc.), how Todd or I met them and a funny story that was memorable about each one of them. On top of that, we were able to choose the song that they walked in to that was symbolic of our friendship. Brian allowed us to pick out EVERY song for EVERY significant piece of our reception. Another AWESOME feature is the love story. Todd and I each formulated our own version of our "love story" - keeping everything confidential until day of. During the reception Brian combined our stories and shared it with our guests. It was definitely one of our favorite and our gues'ts favorites parts. Prior to wedding day we were given forms to fill out to ensure the songs we definitely wanted played were played and even the ones we didn't want played. There was never a moment during our reception that our dance floor wasn't completely packed. As well as the songs we chose, our guests were able to go up and request a song to be played. I can't talk highly enough about the service we received from Brian Harris. I would recommend him to every bride and groom looking to have a personalized, fun, energetic and lively reception!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Erin & Todd! What an amazing and beautiful celebration your day was. Thank you so much for looking me up six years later after Emily in Roberto's wedding. It was a perfect day and I'll never forget it.