Brian Harris Entertainment Reviews

81 Reviews for Brian Harris Entertainment

• Anastasia

Anastasia Nickell · Married on 10/20/2019

Life of the party

Brian was absolutely amazing! We could not have asked for a better DJ. He is very professional and fun to work with. The planning process was easy, smooth, and by far the best planning process we have ever gone through. Brian made the planning fun! We met with him several times and worked out a timeline for the day-of and our songs we wanted played. He was very helpful when it came to questions and picked songs based on our liking. He was the master of the ceremony and the reception. Every one of our guests was able to hear every word that was said during our vows and there were no worries of not hearing anything. Everything was loud and clear! Brian was the cordinator of the night by telling everyone what was going on and how everything would go down. He does a unique bit called the love story. The bride writes her story and the groom writes his love story and Brian reads them out loud at the wedding. It's very fun and outright hilarious at times. Our grand entrence was perfect and Brian introduced everybody in the party with the music of their choice. The music flowed perfectly throughout the night and Brian was the life of the party! We can't thank him enough for being so wonderful and making our night absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Mikala

Mikala Peck · Married on 10/12/2019

Brian ensured our wedding day was the best it could be!

Brian is so much more than a DJ/MC and we couldn’t recommend him more.
    When beginning our wedding planning process, we were dreading the thought of hiring a DJ because many of the DJs we’ve had experience with in the past have been what we call “hype men” and it just wasn’t our vibe. When we met Brian, he alleviated all of our fears relating to that and he showed us that he had a lot of experience and so much knowledge and was very passionate about his work. He was very professional while also being personable and easy to communicate with. He was always easy to get ahold of and very prompt in answering any E-mails or messages we sent him. He answered all of our questions and alleviated any of our fears relating to our ceremony and reception. He allowed us to give him lists of all of our must-play songs (which he played all of them) and we trusted him to fill in all of the rest (which he did amazingly and our dance floor had people on it all night)! Brian helped to lay out our entire timeline for our ceremony and reception and was a major help in ensuring the day went smoothly. Our ceremony was outdoors and he placed speakers to where they weren’t even noticeable that allowed our guests to hear our ceremony and vows very clearly. After our ceremony, he immediately had the music going for cocktail hour without missing any time. During our reception, Brian was an amazing MC where he told our guests of the events that would be happening, dismissed them by table for dinner and made sure nobody missed out on any aspects of the night. Before our first dance, he read out a love story that he curated for us and everybody loved hearing how we came to be and funny stories in our relationship. Honestly, I don’t know what we would have done without Brian and his help! Both my (now) husband and I haven’t been to a lot of weddings and neither of us had experience with planning such a big event. Brian was an immense help in the months leading up to the wedding, with the planning, the rehearsal and the big day itself. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ/MC for our important day!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Angie Paul · Married on 09/21/2019

September 2019 Wedding

We hired Brian for our daughter’s wedding last month, and he was amazing! From the beginning of the evening to the very end, he was a true Master of Ceremony. His wedding party introduction, bride and groom’s story, happy hour music - everything was perfect! We have been to three wedding in the past month. After seeing the other DJ’s, I am so glad we chose Brian to be part of our celebration. He is a true professional and takes great pride in his work and it shows. I would hire him again!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Angie! It was so wonderful working with the Paul & Stanislav families!! I had a blast with you all!!
  • Sarah

Sarah Castle · Married on 09/14/2019

Brian is the Best!

Our experience with Brian was nothing short of exceptional. He was extremely professional, personable, and fun to work with. He is extremely organized and detail oriented. He communicated professionally and timely throughout the entire process. It was great to meet one-on-one with him a couple times before our wedding to go over the order of events and important details. Leading up to our wedding we had no doubts that he would do an amazing job. His communication skills are on point and he followed up with us days before when we realized we forgot to submit last minute details. He made everything come together. He has a genuine interest to make sure that things run smoothly. Not only did he play exactly what we asked him to play and followed a strict do not play list, he was an incredible Master of Ceremonies. My best friend who gave a speech coordinated with him just a few hours before about syncing about 7 songs into her speech with cues, and he killed it. I had no prior knowledge of this, and it speaks to how accomodating he is and how he can make anything happen! To be clear, Brian Harris went above and beyond in all aspects. We wish him all the best and hope you make the right decision when picking a DJ, because is Brian is the best! Don't waste your time with anyone else.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Jim Downing · Married on 09/13/2019

Perfection!!

Could not have asked for a better person and DJ. In a wedding the one thing you absolutely cannot skimp on is a DJ. This person will make or break your one day. Brian was perfect in everything he did. Controlled the in tire flow of the wedding to make it flawless. The flexibility and control he gives you to select your personal music is amazing. His timing is amazing. Very punctual. 100% hands down the best money spent. Works with you through the whole process from start to finish. One on one sessions to make everything unique to your wedding. This is his career not one or two times a year for friends gig. So you can definitely tell how professional he is. At the end of the day I can’t say enough great things about the job Brian did.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Jim and Jackie, thank you so much for the kind words! You guys have a beautiful family and I loved being able to share your love story that brought you two together. Thank you for including me!

Emily Hamilton · Married on 09/04/2019

Perfection

Before my wedding, I didn’t think I needed a DJ (I had planned to make a playlist myself)... But once the planning process began I became overwhelmed about who would help make transitions, who would time my music perfectly for me, who could make a mix for a mother/son dance for us, etc. I didn’t think a DJ could do all of that and more- but Brian did, and he exceeded all of our expectations. Not only was he a DJ, but he was basically a day of coordinator, and a really fun/involved wedding guest. Brian is very professional and well spoken. He is on top of things, quick to respond, and extremely invested in his bride and groom. Our guests were complimenting him the entire night! He had so many great ideas too, like suggesting that our guests could come up and kiss in front of our table and we’d have to kiss the same way they kissed (a fun spin on tapping the glass for a kiss). But our favorite part hands down was the love story Brian told about my husband and I! It was incredible and had lots of people in happy tears. Brian was an unbelievable DJ! He was worth every penny, and I truly cannot say enough good things.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Emily ...it was such a special day, and to be asked to be a part of your day having known you for 15 years, was a true honor. Thank you so much for the quick attention to details & my questions throughout the planning process. you and Troy were so easy to work with!!

Cyndy Hamilton · Married on 09/04/2019

Excellent service... worth every penny!

We were not even planning to hire a DJ for my daughters wedding. We were under the impression that we could make a playlist and do it all ourselves... boy, were we wrong! There is so much that goes into DJing, and Brian exceeded all of our expectations. He was a DJ that also served as a day of coordinator. He was professional, well spoken, and very dedicated to the bride and groom. He made a super fun mix for the mother/son dance, and put together the most beautiful “love story” for my daughter and son in law before their first dance.
    We didn’t think anyone would even dance at the wedding because it was such a small one- But everyone was up on their feet! Brian made it the most memorable celebration. As I parent, I wouldn’t have wanted anything less for my daughter. Investing in his business for this special day was worth every penny.

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2019

One of the best choices we made for our wedding

When we were looking for DJs I made a post on Facebook for recommendations. A friend had suggested Brian. I got on his website to check him out and I knew right away he was going to be our DJ. I knew without meeting him he was professional and organized. After our first meeting with Brian, me and my husband said it was a no brainer. He was so helpful during the wedding planning and helped put everything together. He has an amazingly organized website for you to keep everything together. He was always checking up on us and helping anyway he could. Our favorite part and one of the main reasons we chose Brian was because of the love story he puts together. We loved the fact that we had never seen it done at any other wedding and it made our wedding feel so much more personal and intimate. We can not say enough good things about Brian and would choose him again and again, no question. I honestly have no idea what we would have done without him!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for wonderful review, Jessica & Eric!! I’m so happy that you had the best day ever! What a great celebration, and on a THURSDAY, no less! Your guests were the best partiers!! Thanks again for choosing me!

Miriya Rasmussen · Married on 07/05/2019

Incredible!

Brian did an incredible job every step of the way. He was very helpful and informative while planning. He was in constant contact with us during the entire planning phase, from the time we hired him until even shortly after the wedding. During the rehearsal he helped everyone present to ensure the wedding ran smoothly. During the wedding his music set the tone perfectly. It sounded great. I loved his rendition of our love story. I was impressed how much dancing he elicited during the reception. He was the best DJ I've ever had and worth every penny.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your day. I loved all the unique elements that made up your celebration. Thank you so much Miriya & Jesse!

Mike Settle · Married on 07/01/2019

Can't have a wedding without Brian!

Brian is so much more than a DJ, he is THE Master of Ceremonies. Brian is an amazing guy to work with and he truly takes the time to get to you know. This makes everything he does during the reception so much more special. The Love Story was the best way for our family members to actually hear everything about us and it was one of the most touching moments of the night. Brian does other fun games and events to keep the party alive and moving. There is NEVER a dull moment with him. In terms of music, Brian let's you pick all the music you would like to play, but is there to made any suggestions if necessary. If the crowd is not feeling a song, he fades it into the next and keeps people on the dance floor THE ENTIRE TIME!!! Brian is a blast to work with and he truly made our day so incredible.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Mike and Chelsee! You two were so wonderful to work with and your attentiveness made the planning process so easy. I know that just from our musical tastes outside of the wedding reception, we will stay friends for a very long time! 🤘🏼😝🤘🏼 Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write this review.

Rachel Ward · Married on 05/25/2019

We would chose Brian again in a heartbeat

We can't thank Brian enough for the amazing job he did for our wedding! He definitely went above and beyond for us, and we got a ton of comments from people saying how much they enjoyed the music and the Love Story. The Love Story was definitely a highlight for us; Brian did a phenomenal job pulling our versions of the story together. My friends and I were also laughing two days after the wedding about how much our feet STILL hurt from dancing. So a huge thank you to Brian for making it a truly special event.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Jordan Seitz · Married on 11/17/2018

More than just a Playlist

Brian was an amazing asset that allowed our wedding to be both smooth and exciting! Some of the best things he contributed were his in depth planning (beyond music), his unique ideas, and the energy he was able to bring out in the crowd. He truly made sure that every aspect of the reception had been thought about, almost to the point of being a planner. He had fun and touching ideas like a circle up at the end and a love story which explained our relationship through the years. We couldn't recommend Brian enough!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Jordan & Ally! Not only was your wedding so much fun, it was my final wedding of 2018 and I couldn't have been more happy with the way things turned out. You have some very festive friends and it was a night of celebration and joy! Thanks for choosing me!
  • Adam

Adam Scholle · Married on 11/10/2018

The best DJ/MC of all time!

Brian Harris is truly the best DJ/MC in Dayton Ohio. Brian is truly special as takes on the responsibility for your big evening so you don't have to worry! He gets all the information he needs from you prior to the big day and it all unfolds in such a beautiful way at the reception from the music to his love story. Brian's love story is an awesome, unique, and beautiful addition to the reception. You have to hire him to find out more ;). His grand entrance is great as he introduces all the members of the wedding party with a little biography to the music of your choice. He isn't a simple DJ that makes a few announcements and pushes play at your reception. He's an expert at what he does and he'll make your evening extra special. You will laugh, cry, and feel the love when you put your trust into his hands!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Adam & Joanna! Your rock n roll Wedding was an absolute blast! You invited some of the best guests ever!! They loved to party, dance and celebrate! Thank you so much for putting your trust into my hands.

Elise · Married on 10/06/2018

The True Master of Ceremonies!

Brian is professional and goes above and beyond in every way. He asks all of the right questions and starts a planning site for you to easily create your playlist, grand entrance, special dance songs, etc. He also meets with couples beforehand to come up with a timeline, and go over details that make the night flow better. We are on our honeymoon and keep thinking about all of the fun we had that night, and how Brian led the way!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2018

The main thing my husband and I wanted for our wedding day was people to HAVE FUN so we wanted to be sure to get a great DJ. We could not have asked for more from Brian and would recommend him to anyone! He exceeded any expectations we had. Brian did our ceremony, our reception, and our up lighting – so he did it all for us and it all turned out perfect. After our first meeting with him, I knew we found the right person! He was so professional, asked a lot of questions about what we were looking for, but not only asked us questions, he gave us a TON of ideas that we never would have thought about. He really gets to know his couples in order to make their day super personalized for them. He is very detailed – which makes it so the day of goes smooth! One thing that we really liked, and our wedding party appreciated, was he did personalized intros for each of them into the reception. That way our guests knew who they were, and we were able to give our wedding party recognition. Something else that really impressed me was the venue we used was brand new and he had never been there. He took the initiative and time to go to the venue and walk around and get a feel for it prior to our wedding day. He even came to our rehearsal. He went above and beyond to make sure everything turned out perfect for us. On the day of, he kept the reception flowing and on schedule. Everyone at the wedding had so much fun. We would recommend Brian to anyone. Thanks Brian for everything you did to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

OMG Lauren thank you so much for the wonderful review. I had no doubt that your wedding would be off the charts. And it certainly was!! The setting was absolutely stunning, your guests were fun and festive, and that dance floor rocked all night long. Thanks again for choosing me for your big day!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/07/2018

Brian was amazing in helping us prepare and personalize our wedding day! He went above and beyond in guiding us at rehearsal, prepping our "must play" list and relaying our love story to our guests in the most fantastic way! He worked closely with our best man and groom's sister to surprise us with a performance during our reception that carried on a tradition in our family that meant the WORLD to us!! On top of that, he helped the groom's mom surprise him with a customized dance for mother-son dance ANDDD mixed a group of songs per the bride's request for my father-daughter dance that made it beyond memorable. I even threw him for a loop and texted him 2 days before the wedding with a change, and he had it back to me in under 2 hours!! I was blown away at the extent of work he put into customizing our day. I would recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Olivia! Thank you so much. Your wedding was so much fun with all sorts of unique surprises and friend traditions! I love moments like those. And being able to give you and Andrew a special edit for your father/daughter & mother/son dances was an honor! Thank you for choosing me!

Melinda · Married on 06/30/2018

Brian was one of the first vendors that we met with in the planning of our wedding, from the first meeting we were blown away by his professionalism! He was definitely more expensive that we had thought we wanted but after seeing his online portal for planning, value add things like the “love story”, and his confidence in helping us to make decisions about timeline etc he was totally worth it! The day of went fantastic thanks in large part to Brian. Our Grand Entrance was fantastic with Brian introducing everyone very well, and most importantly the dance floor was hopping! We would definitely recommend him to any of our friends and family! Thanks again Brian for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Melinda & Tyler for the nice review and for choosing me for your big day! I had such a great time working with you two, and your celebration was so much fun! Everything about that day was perfect!!

Kari · Married on 06/29/2018

Brian was amazing!! He was available for all our questions and got back to us with complete answers super quickly! He gave us lots of interesting ideas for our reception and the ‘love story’ was awesome. Everyone told us how much they loved the love story! The music kept the party going!! Brian was professional and awesome!! I have two daughters and I already told him I want him for their weddings (when they grow up) too!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Kari & Chad!! It was a great party!! And I would love nothing more than to do your daughter’s Wedding when the time comes!

Sophia · Married on 05/26/2018

Mother of the Bride here. Brian has been a family friend for years, so there was no question about who we'd be hiring as our DJ. Even so, Brian exceeded all our expectations, and we received compliment after compliment on his work! From the timing of the whole evening to the fun games and the love story he wrote from our couple, we had the best experience with him! I can't recommend Brian more highly than five stars here but if I could, he'd get ten! Worth every penny, and we will definitely hire him again if the occasion arises! :)

Sent on 05/29/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! What a great celebration!! And little Luci had the time of her life too! It was a true honor to be a part of this celebration! Having known the family for 15 years made this one even more special to me.

Aaron · Married on 05/05/2018

As my wife and I started hiring vendors I was easily the most concerned about the DJ. I'm a theatrical sound designer and care deeply about the soundtrack to my life. We also have very eclectic taste in music, but wanted to throw a banging dance party for our friends and family. I made sure that we were going to meet the DJ in person so we could look into their eyes and know their soul.

From jump, Brian was helpful, receptive to our ideas, and constructive at every step of the process. He was incredibly organized and uniquely diligent in his efforts to make our day special and, more importantly, stress-free. He had a number of brilliant, out of the box ideas that we could never have come up with on our own (e.g., writing up our unique and hilarious story for our initial intro), and was very open to our own suggestions.

Then, there was the night itself. I have had a number of friends come up to me - both at the reception and afterward - to tell me just how much they enjoyed the music, MC, and overall ambiance. He knew what to play and when, ultimately making the dance party a winning success. We also opted to use his LED uplighting, which shifted colors to the beat - which, in my wife's opinion, is pure magic.

I can't imagine a more professional, friendly, and fun experience. We could not recommend him more highly. (I do a music podcast, and might have bragged about him thoroughly throughout our episode on wedding reception music.) Thank you, thank you, thank you, Brian, for making our night (and our year! (AND OUR LIFE!)) so much fun and such a success! You are a rock star!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Aaron & Kristin: YOU two are rock stars! What an incredible party that was! 275 guests who knew how to have fun and celebrate! Thank you so very much for choosing me to help you create the most epic wedding, ever!

Ashley Scarpelli · Married on 04/07/2018

Great DJ and much more!

Brian was amazing! He was very professional and helped in more ways than you'd expect. He is very organized and makes sure your day goes perfectly! He was our one splurge for our wedding and we had absolutely no regrets in that! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley & Michael! Your wedding was a great start to 2018's wedding season! Thank you for choosing me!

Cheryl · Married on 12/16/2017

When it came time to pick a DJ for our wedding, we didn't even look to anyone but Brian. I had worked with Brian back in 2009 for my daughter's wedding and I attended a wedding again in 2015 that Brian was the DJ/MC. Brian is extremely professional, organized and easy to work with. His years of experience are very evident when planning your special day. He meets with you personally a couple times throughout the planning process and also attends the rehearsal to ensure everything goes off without a hitch. He uses an online tool that is so easy to use. You can choose your play list and even add a "do not play list". The tool also helps you to plan your ceremony and reception down to every little detail. Our favorite part of his ideas were the Grand Entrance and the Love Story. Both of these personal the reception and make it so much more enjoyable. With the Grand Entrance, you can write about each bridesmaid/groomsmen to share how you know them and why they were chosen to be in your wedding. The Love Story is amazing. He provides the bride and groom with a list of questions that you complete confidentially. He then weaves them into a unique, personal, funny and intimate story to share with your guests on how you met, fell in love etc... Brian also offers any help needed to complete your play list for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception etc... He will ensure the crowd is engaged and having a good time. Brian goes way above and beyond the expectations of a DJ. I had an outdoor wedding in mid December. It was chilly (mid 40's). My feet were freezing after staying outside for the pictures. I told Brian I needed some time to thaw my feet before we would be ready for the grand entrance, as I truly could not feel my toes. Brian went and found a couple buckets, filled them with hot water for me to soak my feet and help "defrost" them ha. I don't know any other DJ that would provide that service!! I highly recommend Brian for your DJ/MC !

Sent on 01/02/2018

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Cheryl for such an amazing review full of details and love. It was so great to be a part of your big day as much as it was to be a part of your daughter’s big day back in 2009. Thank you for having me back to help celebrate with the family once again! Don’t forget to always keep your feet warm! :)

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

Brian did an amazing job at our wedding! Brian was very responsive to any questions that my husband or I had before the wedding and he was always prepared. The planning meetings were helpful and the planning portal was easy to use and it gave me piece of mind that our wedding day would go very smoothly. Brian was very helpful at the rehearsal when we really did not know what we were doing. The wedding day went off without a hitch because of Brian. He helped us figure out exactly where we should have the ceremony in my mom's yard and he made sure all of the events at the reception happened in a timely manner. Also, he quickly adapted when my little brother came in before he was supposed to during the grand entrance. Everyone loved the love story, including my husband and I. Brian was amazing and my husband and I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful write up, Jessica & Chris! I had a blast at your wedding! Thank you for having me!

Daniel · Married on 08/19/2017

Brian was an incredible DJ. Rachel and I were completely blown away by his dedicated work to his craft, everything from the planning meetings to the rehearsal the day before to the wedding ceremony/reception itself. Brian had obviously worked/seen/been to a lot more weddings than we had at our venue (the Dayton Art Institute) so he had a couple of great suggestions that made the ceremony run very smoothly (where bridesmaids/groomsmen walk out from, etc.) which was a huge help. Brian also is a great guy who really cares about the bride and groom and wants to make the evening as special as possible. The love story portion of the reception was great and Brian even will snap a few pictures of people dancing, so you get a few bonus shots on top of what the photographer takes as well which is awesome! Brian played an excellent playlist at our reception that really got the dance floor going and you really can't go wrong with Brian Harris Entertainment as your Wedding/Party/Corporate Event DJ!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Dan and Rachel! You guys were a fun couple to plan with, and we did it from many states away. Thank you so much for having me a part of your big day!! What an awesome celebration that was!

Beth · Married on 07/22/2017

Brian is so great to work with. He's so professional. The love story is Amazing.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Brian Harris Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Beth! It was a true blessing to get to work with your family. It was an absolutely perfect celebration!