Brian Callaghan Reviews

Brian Callaghan 5
Brian Callaghan 6
  • W

Wanda Hayden · Married on 12/01/2018

Great artist for wedding weekend party!

Brian was fantastic - great communication, professional, had a great song list, talented singer and guitarist, AWESOME addition to our night-before-our-wedding party! He even learned one of our fave songs for the event and played a couple extra hours because our guests were enjoying themselves so much! I just wish we’d found him earlier so we could have had him play for the wedding ceremony as well!

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/20/2018

Such a talented, professional guitarist- perfect for a wedding ceremony!

Brian was amazing to work with. He was very communicative (great emailer!) and had a fantastic list of songs to choose from for our wedding ceremony. When I heard him start to strum Canon in D by Pachelbel as I entered the ceremony with my father, his performance couldn't have been more perfect for that moment. He also nailed Yellow Ledbetter during the prelude, which me and my husband absolutely loved (huge Pearl Jam fans!). Brian is a fantastic artist and came very prepared and even had a lapel mic for our officiant. I highly recommend him if you're considering music at your ceremony and/or reception!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Tony Paine · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly Recommended Soloist

After reviewing Brian on The Knot, we decided to hire him to play at our wedding and the first hour of the reception. We spoke with him a couple times leading up to the big day to finalize our play list. Brian also brought up questions that we would not have thought to ask, such as (1) whether or not cords would be in the way of guest or of he should use a battery to keep things looking clean, (2) if we needed a lapel mic for our officiant and (3) how we'd like him to transition from ceremony to reception. Brian showed up plenty early to setup and was very professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

Brian was a pleasure to work with. He was communicative and worked with us every step of the way to make our ceremony and cocktail hour music special and unique to us. He is a truly talented guitarist whose music added to the fun and joy of our wedding day. Would highly recommend Brian if you are looking for affordable live music.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Jenny · Married on 06/30/2018

Musician/guitarist

Brian was a great addition to our wedding. Everyone complimented on how nice it was both our ceremony and during our cocktail hour! He was very professional and provided a great ambiance to the day. I highly recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Christopher · Married on 06/23/2018

Brian was so easy and wonderful to work with and provided wonderful music for ceremony and cocktail hour. He worked closely with us to identify songs for the prelude and cocktail hour, which included learning three songs that we wanted to include in the ceremony. Brian also provided and set up a lapel mic for our officiant and a wireless mic for readings and our vows. If we were to do it all again, without a doubt we would still hire Brian.

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • ArtsyAlicia

Alicia · Married on 06/16/2018

We hired Brian a few months before our wedding to do ceremony music and couldn’t have been happier. He has an extensive list of music in his repertoire and was more than happy to learn anything new if we needed. He was very easy to work with and did a fantastic job at the wedding. Many of our guests commented on his excellent performance. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Rory · Married on 09/30/2017

Brian is fantastic. He’s extremely talented and we are so happy to have had his music for our ceremony and reception. Brian is also quick to respond and verified that all information we submitted was correct. We could not have been happier with our choice!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Chrissy · Married on 09/10/2017

My husband and I hired Brian to play at our small, backyard wedding on September 10th. We recommend him without hesitation! His communication was prompt and thorough, he was reliable (arrived to the wedding site on time, learned the two songs we requested that were not on his playlist, played the songs we selected from his playlist, etc), and his playing was wonderful! Brian definitely was an important part of what made our day so special.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Bre · Married on 09/09/2017

I am so glad we had Brian as part of our day! My planner recommended him and I absolutely see why. Working with him is seamless and worry-free, and his music is perfection! He learned two songs for our ceremony and they were beautiful. He is talented, responsive, reliable and very kind. You won't regret working with him!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Carolyn · Married on 09/02/2017

Brian played the music for our wedding ceremony and our cocktail hour. He was amazing and worked with us to make the playlists for both events. He was very professional and our guests came to us during and after the wedding raving about how beautiful our guitarist’s music was!! We are so happy we had Brian there for our special day! We highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Brian Callaghan 7
    Brian Callaghan 8
    Brian Callaghan 9
    Brian Callaghan 10
  • Devin

Devin · Married on 08/26/2017

We had Brian in to play our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and he was absolutely fantastic! Firstly, he is an extremely talented musician. We received so many compliments about the music during the ceremony and happy hour, so that should say it all. Secondly, Brian was such a pleasure to correspond and organize details with. His responses were prompt, courteous, and he answered all questions we asked of him. If you're in Maine and looking for a live performer for your event, look no further than Brian, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Brian for making our wedding all the more memorable!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Donna · Married on 08/22/2017

Brian was great! He learned two songs for our wedding and performed them beautifully. Great selection of music and very accommodating. I would like to hire him again for other events. He's the best!

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Brian Callaghan 11

Erin · Married on 08/19/2017

Brian was great! He played during our ceremony and cocktail hour and he was wonderful! He has an extensive song list and his selection for our wedding was spot on! He really made our wedding special and memorable.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Emily · Married on 07/29/2017

Brian played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and even my not easily impressed relatives had high praise for his music. He has an extensive repertoire and is willing to learn new songs for a small fee. He's super friendly and easy to work with- we live out of state but connected a few times via phone and email. Brian also agreed to accompany my sister for a song during the ceremony, and he was really helpful in arranging the piece and finding a time for them to practice. He also showed up hours early to make sure his battery (which lets him play outside without running electrical cords) and speakers were set up properly and discretely. My husband's a productions guru and was really impressed by the quality of Brian's gear and set up. Brian does charge a fee to come to a dress rehearsal, which I passed on and in hindsight wish I'd done as I think that would have made the transitions during our wedding a little smoother. But I cannot overstate how beautiful he sounded - really the perfect sound for an outdoor wedding!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Mary · Married on 07/29/2017

Brian is a very knowledgeable and gifted musician, with an impressive repertoire. He is flexible, quite responsive, and generous with his time. He proved to be an excellent choice both for the wedding service music and the reception to follow.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Kathleen · Married on 07/16/2017

Brian was amazing! I didn’t have a lot of time planning my wedding and found him about 3 months prior and he was so helpful picking out music and very quick to respond to my questions and sending me samples of songs. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/17/2017

elizabeth · Married on 06/17/2017

Brian's music was great and added much to the atmosphere of the ceremony. I highly recommended.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Kate · Married on 06/17/2017

Brian was great and so easy to work with! Having live music made our ceremony feel so much more special. :)

Sent on 07/05/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/25/2016

As the mother of the bride, we were looking for music that was classy and elegant, and Brian provided that for us. His playing was so wonderful, it added something unique to our daughters' wedding day. Our guests, wedding party and even other vendors were raving about him. HIGHLY recommend!!! Thanks Brian for helping to make the day unforgettable!!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Margaret · Married on 09/10/2016

Brian was perfect for our ceremony music. He was very quick to respond with all questions. We were married in Georgetown, ME in September and he was prepared for any surprise (weather) and was ready to help. Luckily, it did not rain but we were never worried about how Brian would handle any situation. On the day of our wedding, he arrived, set up and was ready to go without us ever having to even think about it! His music was beautiful with the right tempo and volume. He also played during our hour-long brunch and was awesome! He is so kind and professional, and you almost do not know he is there (other than his beautiful music). Brian's guitar perfectly filled the room with lighthearted music and set the mood we all were looking for. Brian has a deep library of songs he has already perfected for you to choose from but was also able to accommodate a new one we requested and learn it in time for our wedding. The music really added to the ambiance of the day and our ceremony! Thank you so much Brian!

Sent on 09/30/2016
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 08/20/2016

I was so happy to have Brian Callaghan a part of our day. Even though my husband and I did not hear all the music played before our ceremony, what we did hear was beautiful, and there was so much positive feedback from guests about our very talented musician/guitarist. Brian was very helpful from day one on choosing songs and very accommodating when wedding brain set in and I changed my mind on some song selections. The prices are very reasonable and for a small extra fee, Brian came to our rehearsal, and it made walking through everything that much easier. If you are looking for a musician for your day, and you are lucky enough to snatch up Brian to perform, go for it! You wont regret it!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Tom and Pam · Married on 07/29/2016

We chose Brian to perform ceremony music and also a cocktail hour during the reception of our daughter's wedding in Portland. Brian was a joy to work with throughout the entire process, offering many suggestions for music choices. His responses to questions were extremely quick and his attention to detail was fabulous. His website offered many examples of his work and also provided samples for prelude and ceremony music. We would highly recommend Brian's music and vocals for any type of function. We look forward to seeing him perform again.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Meghan · Married on 06/25/2016

Hire Brian!

He is extremely talented, very responsive, easy to work with, and has an excellent selection of music. My guests RAVED to me about his playing an one guest even said it was the best ceremony music they had ever heard. I did hear a few songs and they were beautiful. We did a mix of guitar only and guitar + singing which was great for our guests.

Thank you, Brian! It is the details such as music that makes your event more warm and full of love.

Sent on 07/04/2016

Haley · Married on 06/21/2016

Brian was professional and kind during the entire process. He dealt with my indecisiveness with ease and offered helpful suggestions throughout. He played perfectly!

Sent on 06/23/2016