48 Reviews for Brian Callaghan

Microphones (3)
Reception (2)
Instrumental-Duo (1)
Music During Breaks (1)

We hired Brian a few months before our wedding to do ceremony music and couldn’t have been happier. He has an extensive list of music in his repertoire and was more than happy to learn anything new if we needed. He was very easy to work with and did a fantastic job at the wedding. Many of our guests commented on his excellent performance. We would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Alicia, 6/16/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Instrumental-Solo

Brian is fantastic. He’s extremely talented and we are so happy to have had his music for our ceremony and reception. Brian is also quick to respond and verified that all information we submitted was correct. We could not have been happier with our choice!

Profile Picture Rory, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

My husband and I hired Brian to play at our small, backyard wedding on September 10th. We recommend him without hesitation! His communication was prompt and thorough, he was reliable (arrived to the wedding site on time, learned the two songs we requested that were not on his playlist, played the songs we selected from his playlist, etc), and his playing was wonderful! Brian definitely was an important part of what made our day so special.

Profile Picture Chrissy, 9/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I am so glad we had Brian as part of our day! My planner recommended him and I absolutely see why. Working with him is seamless and worry-free, and his music is perfection! He learned two songs for our ceremony and they were beautiful. He is talented, responsive, reliable and very kind. You won't regret working with him!

Profile Picture Bre, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Guitar, Instrumental-Solo

Brian played the music for our wedding ceremony and our cocktail hour. He was amazing and worked with us to make the playlists for both events. He was very professional and our guests came to us during and after the wedding raving about how beautiful our guitarist’s music was!! We are so happy we had Brian there for our special day! We highly recommend him!!!

Profile Picture Carolyn , 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Brian was great! He learned two songs for our wedding and performed them beautifully. Great selection of music and very accommodating. I would like to hire him again for other events. He's the best!

Photo for Brian Callaghan Review - Setting up before the ceremony.
Profile Picture Donna, 8/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brian was great! He played during our ceremony and cocktail hour and he was wonderful! He has an extensive song list and his selection for our wedding was spot on! He really made our wedding special and memorable.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Soloist / Vocalist, Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Sound/PA System

Brian played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and even my not easily impressed relatives had high praise for his music. He has an extensive repertoire and is willing to learn new songs for a small fee. He's super friendly and easy to work with- we live out of state but connected a few times via phone and email. Brian also agreed to accompany my sister for a song during the ceremony, and he was really helpful in arranging the piece and finding a time for them to practice. He also showed up hours early to make sure his battery (which lets him play outside without running electrical cords) and speakers were set up properly and discretely. My husband's a productions guru and was really impressed by the quality of Brian's gear and set up. Brian does charge a fee to come to a dress rehearsal, which I passed on and in hindsight wish I'd done as I think that would have made the transitions during our wedding a little smoother. But I cannot overstate how beautiful he sounded - really the perfect sound for an outdoor wedding!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/29/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Vocals, Guitar, Instrumental-Solo, Soloist / Vocalist

Brian was amazing! I didn’t have a lot of time planning my wedding and found him about 3 months prior and he was so helpful picking out music and very quick to respond to my questions and sending me samples of songs. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Kathleen , 7/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Brian's music was great and added much to the atmosphere of the ceremony. I highly recommended.

Profile Picture elizabeth, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Brian was great and so easy to work with! Having live music made our ceremony feel so much more special. :)

Profile Picture Kate, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

As the mother of the bride, we were looking for music that was classy and elegant, and Brian provided that for us. His playing was so wonderful, it added something unique to our daughters' wedding day. Our guests, wedding party and even other vendors were raving about him. HIGHLY recommend!!! Thanks Brian for helping to make the day unforgettable!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Brian was perfect for our ceremony music. He was very quick to respond with all questions. We were married in Georgetown, ME in September and he was prepared for any surprise (weather) and was ready to help. Luckily, it did not rain but we were never worried about how Brian would handle any situation. On the day of our wedding, he arrived, set up and was ready to go without us ever having to even think about it! His music was beautiful with the right tempo and volume. He also played during our hour-long brunch and was awesome! He is so kind and professional, and you almost do not know he is there (other than his beautiful music). Brian's guitar perfectly filled the room with lighthearted music and set the mood we all were looking for. Brian has a deep library of songs he has already perfected for you to choose from but was also able to accommodate a new one we requested and learn it in time for our wedding. The music really added to the ambiance of the day and our ceremony! Thank you so much Brian!

Profile Picture Margaret, 9/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Sound/PA System, Vocals, Guitar, Instrumental-Duo

I was so happy to have Brian Callaghan a part of our day. Even though my husband and I did not hear all the music played before our ceremony, what we did hear was beautiful, and there was so much positive feedback from guests about our very talented musician/guitarist. Brian was very helpful from day one on choosing songs and very accommodating when wedding brain set in and I changed my mind on some song selections. The prices are very reasonable and for a small extra fee, Brian came to our rehearsal, and it made walking through everything that much easier. If you are looking for a musician for your day, and you are lucky enough to snatch up Brian to perform, go for it! You wont regret it!

Profile Picture Kari, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Guitar, Instrumental-Solo

We chose Brian to perform ceremony music and also a cocktail hour during the reception of our daughter's wedding in Portland. Brian was a joy to work with throughout the entire process, offering many suggestions for music choices. His responses to questions were extremely quick and his attention to detail was fabulous. His website offered many examples of his work and also provided samples for prelude and ceremony music. We would highly recommend Brian's music and vocals for any type of function. We look forward to seeing him perform again.

Profile Picture Tom and Pam, 7/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

Hire Brian!

He is extremely talented, very responsive, easy to work with, and has an excellent selection of music. My guests RAVED to me about his playing an one guest even said it was the best ceremony music they had ever heard. I did hear a few songs and they were beautiful. We did a mix of guitar only and guitar + singing which was great for our guests.

Thank you, Brian! It is the details such as music that makes your event more warm and full of love.

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/25/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, Guitar, Instrumental-Solo, Soloist / Vocalist

Brian was professional and kind during the entire process. He dealt with my indecisiveness with ease and offered helpful suggestions throughout. He played perfectly!

Profile Picture Haley, 6/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

You can't go wrong with Brian. Really great musician and a great guy. It really added something special to our wedding!

Profile Picture Jason, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sound/PA System, Vocals, Instrumental-Solo, Soloist / Vocalist

Brian was an excellent addition to our wedding on Sebago Lake. He played beautiful music during both our ceremony and cocktail hour that added such ambiance to our event. He was incredibly easy to work with during the planning stages - he gave us good recommendations for music selections and he even learned a new song for us. I would highly recommend hiring him for your wedding. Thank you Brian!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumental-Solo

Brian was so sweet and accommodating, also very professional. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture User5380278, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Brian played ceremony music by finger style acoustic guitar for our wedding at The Inn by The Sea in Cape Elizabeth. He was very accommodating when requested to learn new music outside of his list which we greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoyed his music and we received several comments on how wonderful he was.

Profile Picture Aaron, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Brian was great! He is a talented musician and vocalist. Everyone was so pleased!

Profile Picture User5334109, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Brian is amazing. All of our guests loved him, he is wonderfully talented. He was so easy to work with, especially since we were planning from NJ...he was always so quick to respond to any questions. We loved him, he has a very eclectic mix of music available and even learned a few new songs per our request. Our first dance was so beautifully played and sung by Brian, we will remember it always as our favorite part of our wedding day.

Profile Picture lauren, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

My new husband and I got married last month in a little chapel, and hadn't even considered ceremony music until about 30 days before the wedding (oops!). We found Brian by doing a quick internet search, and we're SO HAPPY that we did! Brian responded immediately to my email, told me that he was available for our wedding day, and had us over to his house to meet and even played a bunch of songs for us. I only had a couple of songs in mind for the ceremony, and Brian was so helpful with giving us more ideas. The music Brian played at the ceremony was BEAUTIFUL!! (Jesu..., La Vie en Rose, Canon in D, Can't Help Falling in Love, Cheek to Cheek, and a mix of whatever he wanted - as instructed by us - for the prelude and postlude). I haven't seen the professional video yet, but I've heard some friends' cell phone videos and it was beautiful! (Of course I can't actually remember anything from when I started walking down the aisle!). Our friends and family loved the guitar!! Brian showed up early to start playing while the guests arrived, and stayed until all of the guests had left. He was super professional, friendly, pleasant, talented, and affordable! We would recommend Brian to anyone looking for guitar ceremony music!

Profile Picture User4645760, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews