Bredenbeck's Bakery Reviews

749 | Philadelphia, PA

749 Reviews for Bredenbeck's Bakery

Taylor Brutto · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Beautiful Delights

Bredenbeck's is such a wonderful bakery right in the heart of Chestnut Hill! Not only did we order our wedding cake from them, but we also ordered a giant dessert table as well. We were so impressed with how beautiful and delicious our wedding cake was, and the other desserts and pastries too! I couldn't imagine working with anyone better than Bredenbeck's!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

This picture is beautiful! Hope the day was perfect, and thank you for letting us be a part of such a special time. We really appreciate the recommendation and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Megan Rubendall · Getting married on 02/03/2021

Megan Rubendall and Michael Miller

We were more than pleased with this bakery. They did our wedding cake for our wedding this month. The staff was very kind, on time, and made themselves available for questions. They were prompt with answering both phone calls and emails. We enjoyed our tasting with them and they were attentive when we spoke about exactly what we wanted.They arrived on time to the venue and helped set up our cake table. The cake was fantastic and the guests really enjoyed the 4 tiers in a variety of flavors. We definitely recommend them for any event.

Sent on 03/18/2020

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much guys! That means the world to us, and we were honored to be a part of your day. Glad you enjoyed every part of your experience. Wish you all the best!
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Rogers · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Delicious!

Working with Bredenbeck's was incredibly easy and simple. We had a great time at our tasting and felt so supported and guided in making decisions about our cake and favors. Our cake was the star of our reception and was one of the highlights of our day. We also loved the heart LOVE cookies we purchases for our wedding favors. The guests love them!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

So glad both the favors and cake turned out how you wanted them. We are huge fans of edible favors, although we might be bias! So happy for you both Carolyn, and cheers to many happy years to come.
  • Wifey12388

Juenelle · Getting married on 12/12/2020

My cake was perfect, the color matched my colors perfectly, the design was breathtaking, Thank you Bredenbeck's!!!!!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

Thank you Juenelle! So glad you enjoyed the cake and hope everything else that day was perfect!

Kristen Mulray · Getting married on 10/06/2020

Beautiful and delicious cake

Bredenbeck's did such an amazing job creating our wedding cake. We had our tasting with Jake who sketched out potential designs while we were there. The cake was so delicious and looked beautiful. They created exactly what I envisioned and they were so easy to work with. Thank you!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

We loved your vision and creating it just as much! Congratulations to you both, and Happy Holidays!
  • Felicia

Felicia · Getting married on 07/17/2020

Delicious cake

We went to an open house where they use Bredenbeck’s Bakery as part of the wedding package and where they order their cakes from and at the open house i was able to taste the vanilla pound cake as well as the raspberry swirl and omg it was like heaven in little bite sized pieces lol the cakes looked gorgeous as well, so excited for my cake testing

Sent on 03/14/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Felicia, and we are so excited to have you come in for a tasting. Be sure to come hungry!
  • Nicole

Nicole Curry · Married on 07/10/2020

Yummy and Wonderful

The best wedding cake ever! Still eating it. Wow they did an awesome job!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

Made our day, thank you Nicole. Glad you still are able to enjoy the cake. Congratulations to you both!
  • Christina

Christina Duffy · Married on 06/10/2020

Bredenbeck’s Bakery Review

I can’t say enough about our wonderful wedding cake from Bredenbeck’s Bakery. For starters, I am gluten-sensitive so we were thrilled when Bredenbeck’s offered my husband and I a number of gluten-free cake options at our private tasting and design consultation. After several bites and much consideration, we chose two tiers of a traditional chocolate chip pound and topped it off with a separated third tier of a raspberry swirl gluten-free cake. Both flavors were iced in a perfectly-sweetened vanilla buttercream and both of our selections were out of this world! The talented and accommodating staff of cake designers nailed our modern design; in fact we received a number of compliments from our wedding guests that it was “the most beautiful cake they have ever seen.”
    Looking forward to having another slice on our first anniversary!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie Mccown · Married on 01/01/2020

Amazing Wedding Cake!

Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, it was delicious! It was exactly what we wanted and every detail was done to perfection. We highly recommend purchasing your wedding cake and other baked good from Bredenbeck’s.

Sent on 02/07/2020

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

You made our day, Leslie! We loved being a part of such a special moment and hope to work with you again in the future. Cheers to many more happy occasions.

Cynthia Ross · Married on 12/21/2019

Wedding Cake was Amazing!

The cake was so good and beautiful!!!!

Sent on 02/07/2020

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

Thank you for the review Cynthia, and for the picture! Hope the day was beautiful, and congratulations to you both!
  • Miranda

Miranda · Married on 12/14/2019

Amazing cake I wish I had more !

Bredenbeck's has the best options for wedding cakes. Not only do their cakes taste amazing but their design ! I had so many people come up during my wedding saying how beautiful the cake was ! Everyone I talked to here had been so helpful and were so nice to talk to ! I honestly think that Bredenbeck's is the best option for an amazing wedding cake for a beautiful design and the price was perfect ! Thank you so much !

Sent on 03/23/2020
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 11/22/2019

YUM! Really great bakery!

Bredenbeck's did such an amazing job on our cake! It was designed exactly the way I had imagined it! The cake was so delicious!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Elizabeth Dubosky · Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful!

This bakery is really a perfect choice for a wedding cake. Every step of the way was simple and clearly explained. After our tasting, we truly had to do nothing but just enjoy the cake on our wedding night. They took care of everything seamlessly. The flavor of the cake was excellent. We also added gluten free cupcakes and they were delicious as well. We had tons of guests ask us about the cake. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

You guys were amazing to work with. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of such a fun time, and glad everything turned out just as you wanted. We would love to work with you again soon!
  • Lauren

Lauren Castellano · Married on 11/09/2019

Beautiful Cake!!

We had such a wonderful experience with Bredenbeck’s! From our cake tasting to seeing the final product on our wedding day, the cake turned out exactly how we dreamed it would. It was delicious and beautiful. They also go the extra mile by providing a complimentary 1st year anniversary tear -- I can’t wait to eat that cake in a year and return to Bredenbeck’s for many more future celebrations.

Sent on 02/10/2020

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Lauren. Hope the day was perfect, and we are so excited to celebrate many more memories with you. Enjoy!

Christine · Married on 11/03/2019

Stunning cake!

Our cake from Bredenbeck's looked beautiful and that is thanks in no small part to their team that we met at the cake tasting. They were very knowledgeable and helpful in the choosing of our style & design. The cake (chocolate chip pound -- highly recommend!) was delicious. The box also came with instructions for freezing the top tier! We got tons of compliments on this cake. Thanks, Bredenbeck's!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

So glad you enjoyed everything Christine. You were amazing to work with, and hope the day was beautiful. Looking forward to celebrating many more occasions ahead.
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 11/01/2019

Amazing wonderful

My husband and I had our wedding on November 1, 2019. I had my reception at the buck hotel and used Bredenbeck’s for my wedding cake. My wedding cake was absolutely amazing and I can’t get over it. It was better then I ever imagined. I saw a sketch of it when I ordered it but I didn’t realize how amazing it was going to be until the moment I saw it. It included a water fountain in the middle and was 7 tiers. I want to thank Dana for being so patient with me and working to create a cake that I will never forget. Also thank you to the employees at Bredenbeck’s who came to the venue just to put the cake together for me so it would come out right. Thank you to Bredenbeck’s for creating a picture perfect cake!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Ally Bruno

Ally · Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful & Delicious

Bredenbeck's is one my favorite bakeries so I knew I wanted them to make our wedding cake. I found out later that my parents had their wedding cake done by them too!

Bredenbeck's accommodated our request to have two types of cakes: vanilla and carrot. They worked with us on creating the perfect design and it came out beautifully. Got choked up when it arrived to the venue because it looked amazing!! It also was absolutely delicious and received a lot of raved reviews from guests. We are big advocates of desserts and we did not want to disappoint our guests, and Bredenbeck's was the clear choice for us!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

Those are the stories we love to hear! We were honored to do your parents cake, and then yours! Hope the day was perfect, and we cannot thank you enough for the kind words. Congratulations to you both! Wish you all the years of happiness.
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/26/2019

Coolest Wedding Cake ever!

My husband and I had a very untraditional wedding. In fact, we had a Halloween theme and asked Bredenbeck's to help make our wedding cake dreams come true with cake to fit the theme. They did not disappoint! We went with their classic and delicious vanilla butter cake and vanilla buttercream which was decorated with the coolest spiderwebs! The cake was beyond delicious and our guests raved about it! Dana and the wedding team were so easy to work with, accommodating, and more than happy to meet her our unusual request within our budget.

Sent on 11/20/2019

Emily · Married on 10/26/2019

Delicious cake!

Easy communication and a wide variety of options to suit everyone! The cakes were delicious and exactly how I wanted it. Thank you!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

So happy for you both Emily! What a wonderful time of the year to get married. Happy Holidays and all the best in 2020!

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2019

The pumpkin cake is a must have!

Bredenbeck’s cake was phenomenal! They worked with our venue often so delivered the cake for us the day of. It was nice to not have to worry about it getting there! We did a three tier cake with vanilla and pumpkin cakes. The pumpkin cake was a serious hit! Can’t wait to have the anniversary cake next year!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Lexie Cannoe · Married on 10/18/2019

Amazing bakery

They exceeded my expectations by making us a Pinterest worthy wedding cake!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • ep244342

Emily · Married on 10/13/2019

Best wedding cake I've ever had

We had been to a ton of weddings before our own and had cake that was all over the map in terms of how good it was. We got super lucky with Bredenbeck's! Our venue allowed us to choose between 3 different bakeries, and we chose Bredenbeck's because of the stellar reviews. We're so glad we did! Our tasting was phenomenal, Dana was extremely helpful in making suggestions for design because we weren't quite sure what we wanted. We ended up with two flavors and two fillings (lemon with raspberry filling and vanilla with chocolate). I was able to try both at our wedding and they both were delicious. Our cake was delivered on time the day of our wedding and was exactly what we asked for. Thank you Dana and everyone at Bredenbeck's!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Stevanie

Stevanie Theresia · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing Experience

The whole process from the cake tasting to the wedding day was so seamless. They listen to your needs and requests and was so patient even with someone as indecisive as me. lol I cannot recommend them enough. We went with raspberry, pumpkin (not a big fan of pumpkin in general but this flavor was surprisingly really good that we ended up picking it!), and vegan option for our wedding. Our cake turned out just the way we wanted it. Thank you so much Bredenbeck's! Looking forward to enjoy our anniversary cake! :)

Sent on 12/04/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

We try and make everything easy on your end. Thank you so much for including us on your big day! You cannot go wrong with pumpkin. Cheers to you both, and we wish you years of happiness.
  • bella30

Stacy · Married on 10/12/2019

Loved our Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and desserts, they did an excellent job putting together what we envisioned for our cake. They were great to work with and not only was it beautifully done but tasted awesome. We received a lot of compliments on the design and how wonderful it tasted.
    I highly recommend them and we are defienlty going back for other occasions.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

We love sunflowers and had a great time working with you both. Hope the day was perfect, and congratulations! Cheers to many more.
  • Jeffrey

Jeffrey · Married on 10/11/2019

Cupcake tower of our dreams!

Our cupcakes were AMAZING! Melt in your mouth sweet goodness! But the true love was our top tier small wedding cake! I was nervous how my fondont book vision would turn out, but it was beyond exceptional! See photo below! Thank you bredenbecks!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Bredenbeck's Bakery's reply:

So glad everything met your expectations Jeffrey! We love cupcake towers- gives you so many options. Congratulations!!