Breaux Vineyards Reviews

34 | Purcellville, VA

34 Reviews for Breaux Vineyards

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful venue for a perfect wedding day

When we were looking at wedding venues last year, Breaux was the first place we visited. I knew immediately that it's where I wanted to get married, but my fiance made me keep looking at a few more to compare. By the next afternoon, I was calling Breaux back to reserve our wedding date! Whitney and Jessie were very helpful and responsive throughout the planning process, and Breaux was absolutely beautiful on our wedding day. Thank you!!

Meredith · Married on 09/30/2017

When my husband and I first got engaged, we knew that Breaux Vineyards was where we wanted to get married. We had been to other vineyards, but none compared to Breaux. The wines are fantastic and the setting is breathtaking.
    We worked with Reagan and she made sure everything went off without a hitch. She walked us through everything and, honestly, there was not a single thing to worry about. The Acadia Room was beautiful! I was slightly nervous that it would be too big for my wedding of 60 people, but they set it up perfectly. It was just lovely, and all night long, people were telling me how stunning the room - and Breaux - was. And everyone RAVED about the wines!
    I cannot recommend Breaux highly enough for a wedding (or even a wine tasting)! You won't be disappointed!

Madison · Married on 07/14/2017

Perfect venue with an amazing staff! Abby worked with us and answered all of our questions so quickly! The venue is absolutely beautiful. On our wedding day the comment we heard the most was how beautiful the wedding venue was! It looked like it was going to rain on our day and even the plan B option was perfect, but it ended up being bright and sunny on our day! This is a great venue at an insane price! I would book this venue as quick as you can!

Breaux was a beautiful location for our November wedding. Reagan did a great job stepping in as rhe new coordinator later in the planning process. She worked with our timeline to allow plenty of pictures before the ceremony.

• Elaine778

Elaine · Married on 09/25/2016

Breaux Vineyards has breath-taking scenery and architecture. We got so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was, and we had minimal aisle decor. Our photos even got featured in WeddingWire's Real Weddings section! I visited several vineyards in the area, and Breaux was my favorite by far. The indoor reception area also works as an elegant back-up ceremony spot in case of rain. Breaux's main tasting room is separate from their wedding ceremony and reception spaces, so they don't have to close down to host your wedding, but your guests are still separated from the regular wine-tasting customers.

We were procrastinators when it came to planning, so we booked about 6 months out. If you can't be flexible on your date, then booking at least a year out is recommended. Reagan was a pleasure to work with. My planner worked closely with her, and everything went perfectly.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Hi Elaine, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, it is much appreciated. I saw that you all were featured! That is very exciting! The event was absolutely amazing. Thank you for the kind words it was a pleasure working with you, your coordinator and caterer. I hope to see you all soon out at Breaux Vineyards again. ~Cheers! Reagan Morris Events Manager

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2016

OMG!!!! Breaux Vineyards was amazing for my wedding! Not only are the views unique and breath taking, the staff is wonderful. Everyone from the tasting room to the event staff. They made our wedding experience a wonderful one. We were let into spaces as if the vineyards was ours! Have amazing photos to last a lifetime! They will forever be a part of our lives!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Hi Ashley, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, it is very much appreciated and thank you for the kind words. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you all and working with you on your special day. Looking forward to seeing you out at Breaux again soon! Please be sure to say hello! ~Cheers, Reagan Morris Events Manager

Pamela · Married on 09/02/2016

Have your wedding at Breaux Vineyards - it is a dream!!! My husband and I had set up a couple venue tours shortly after we got engaged. Breaux was the first venue we went to see and we cancelled all the rest of our tours. Everyone has described our wedding as magical and the venue provides that touch! Reagan was so helpful to work with and the wine is great! If you have a winery wedding in mind, this is the place!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much, Pamela! I’m so glad you selected Breaux Vineyards as the location for your special day. “Magical” is such a lovely descriptor of our site. I’m glad we could help make your dreams come true. Thank you again for the kind words, looking forward to seeing you all again soon! Cheers! Reagan Morris Events Manager

Tyler · Married on 09/02/2016

Loved getting married at and working with Breaux. I'm a cellar club member so, I knew it would be good but Reagan surpassed expectations and really brought her A game when our caterer dropped the ball - she instilled confidence when I really doubted that food would show up (I don't believe R&R catering is on their preferred list anymore as a result). She was silently behind the scenes the entire wedding - unobtrusive but always with a watchful eye. So incredibly glad we decided to splurge on the venue and got married at Breaux - if in doubt, do it!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Hi Tyler, Thank you so much for your kind review. I absolutely loved working with you, and your event coordinator Shellie. I’m so delighted that you were pleased with the venue. I was more than happy to step in and assist with overseeing your event; it meant a great deal to me that I was able to help. I’m so excited you all are Cellar Club Members and I am sure I will be seeing you all very soon! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review it is very appreciated. Cheers! Reagan Morris ~Events Manager

April · Married on 08/28/2016

What can I say about this beautiful property. It was everything I dreamed of and more. After touring Stone Tower Winery, I thought I had found everything I had been looking for until I saw the hefty price tag that came along with that. I was very disappointed and then like an angel from heaven, we happened to drive by Breaux. The views, the wine, the people, the ambiance was everything and more. I had been dealing with kathleen who left Breaux about 3 weeks before my wedding but Reagan was an absolute delight. I was quite disappointed to have the change happen so close to my wedding but Reagan made up for it and made me feel more than comfortable with everything. She made sure that everything was taken care of and when we had a hiccup with the bridal suite, her and her team were my super heroes and made everything more than right. People are still raving about the location,the staff, and the wine. They truly made our dreams come true. Breaux will always have a special place in our hearts!!!!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

April, I’m so delighted that you all found Breaux Vineyards, and decided to make it the destination for your wedding. Thank you for the kind words, I’m so happy to have had the opportunity to work with you on your special day; you all were so amazing! Please come back and visit soon to enjoy a glass of wine. Thank you again and congratulations! ~ Reagan Morris, Events Manager

Cherilyn · Married on 08/27/2016

When my husband and I were wedding planning we knew we wanted a vineyard wedding. We visited as many as we could in the area, and Breaux was by far the most beautiful one. The most common thing we heard from our guests was how much they loved the scenery. A lot of the things you will need for your wedding will need to be brought in from outside vendors (food, cake, place settings, tablecloths...) which I preferred since I had total freedom this way to craft a wedding style that was really unique, and fit my husband and I. Reagan is in charge of their weddings now, and she is the absolute BEST, she really helped make our day perfect. We are so grateful that we had the chance to work with her at Breaux.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Hi Cherilyn, Thank you for the kind words about the site. You all had such an amazing set up and style. I absolutely loved the furniture you brought in for cocktail hour, stunning! I am so happy that you enjoyed the site. It is always so much fun seeing the many different set ups and designs in our space. It was wonderful working with you all! I had such a wonderful time. Hope to see you all out at Breaux in the future and please say hello! Take Care & Cheers!

Kelly · Married on 06/30/2016

We had visited several vineyards in Northern Virignia and Breaux is by far the most beautiful with the best wine. It was the right venue for our wedding. We worked with Kathleen and she was always quick to respond to our questions and met with us several times to make sure everything would be perfect for our big day and it was! We love going back there to enjoy the wine, the scenery, the atmosphere, and to reminisce about our perfect day.

One suggestion- look into weekday weddings during peak season - we saved about half the cost of the venue by getting married on a Thursday - it really made for a great long weekend for out of town guests!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Hi Kelly, Thank you so much for the kind words about Breaux Vineyards! We are so glad you had an amazing day. We hope to see you all in future here again. We love hosting weddings on weekdays, and I am sure your guests enjoyed the long weekend. Please say hello when you are out here next! Thank you again and congratulations, The Events Team at Breaux Vineyards

Heather · Married on 04/15/2016

Out of all our wedding vendors, working with Breaux was the easiest! Staff were so accommodating, helpful, easy going and kind. Every wedding picture turned out beautiful, there were so many great shots across the Vineyard, archways, beautiful sunset pictures and among all the beautiful decor. Because of the natural beauty we hardly needed decorations for our reception, and the wine is out of this world good! Visiting wedding guests took a wine tour and learned more about VA wine. We have aging grandparents so the wheelchair ramp was important to us also, to have enough bathroom stalls so that our wedding guests would not be standing in line all night and in the event our caterers needed to cook anything Breaux has a gourmet kitchen so everything could be reheated and or prepared on site.. Everything turned out so perfect at Breaux! We highly recommend it!!!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Hi Heather, Thank you so much for those kind words about Breaux and our staff! The Events team really appreciates your comments! Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us as well! That also means a lot to us! Making our couples happy, with an easy going approach is what we strive to do and we are so glad we were able to do that for you and your husband! We are so pleased your guests were able to do a wine tour and enjoy our wines! Please feel free to share with us any photos of your special day! We will be happy to give credit to your photographer and mention you in any use of the photos! Thanks again for your kind words and for holding your wedding here with us! Please feel free to visit us! Congratulations on your wedding! ~ Events Team, Breaux Vineyards

Kristen · Married on 09/25/2015

My husband and I were so pleased with the service provided by Breaux. The staff was extremely responsive and timely to our questions/requests and the setting was absolutely gorgeous. We could not have asked for a better experience! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Thank you, Kristen, for your review and congratulations on your marriage! It was such a joy working with you and all of the fabulous vendors you chose for your special day. We look forward to seeing you and Jeramie back at Breaux again sometime soon. Cheers, The Events Team at Breaux Vineyards

Breaux Vineyards was the perfect setting for our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception. From the moment my daughter walked into the Acadia Room, she knew this was the place she wanted to get married. The Acadia Room is very elegant with a fireplace, hardwood floors, crystal chandeliers, and a wall of windows looking out over the beautiful hill and vineyards. There is a pretty bride's room and a pub-like private tasting room for the groomsmen to hang out in. The setting is so private and peaceful.
    As there was a 90% chance of thunderstorms, the coordinator Kathleen, developed a rain plan for us which fortunately we did not have to use. She went the extra mile for us so that my daughter would not be disappointed. The clouds and mist in the hills were magical and we were even blessed with an awe inspiring sunset!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Thank you for your kind review and congratulations again on your daughter’s marriage. We are so honored that you chose Breaux Vineyards, we hope that Breaux holds a special place in your heart, and that you continue to come back often to visit. Best of luck to your daughter & her husband! Cheers, The Events Team at Breaux Vineyards

Kelsey · Married on 09/12/2015

Pros:
    -Our wedding at Breaux Vineyards was absolutely stunning
    -The views of the mountains and vines are gorgeous, the environment is peaceful
    -Hire a good photographer, and you're golden
    -In my opinion, late summer is the best time of year because the vines are full
    -The venue is relatively new, clean and in excellent condition
    -The wine is delicious! If you run out during the reception, they let you purchase additional cases

Things to consider:
    -There is no rain backup plan, other than renting a tent which can get expensive
    -The venue is not close to hotels, so I would recommend providing transportation for guests to and from the venue
    -There could be straggling vineyard visitors on a nice day, depending on what time you start your ceremony

Traci · Married on 10/18/2014

I LOVE BREAUX! We were recently married there and could not be happy with how everything turned out. We had tons of compliments from our guests about how beautiful our venue was and how it was the BEST wedding they had ever attended. We picked the fall so we could be surrounded by the beautiful hills, covered in the gorgeous fall colors. It was breathtaking!

Our planning process started over a year ago and we loved working with Regan, Kathleen and Jen. They were so patient and accommodating. I am forever grateful that they put up with me and all of my questions. They are the consummate professionals, but also know how to make their guests feel relaxed. WE LOVE THEM!

Roger · Married on 09/21/2013

I would highly recommend Breaux Vineyards as just a fabulous venue for a wedding. The location has spectacular vistas and their new reception room is amazing. Their wines are some of the best we have ever tasted and all our guests confirmed this. The event staff were just great to work with and helped us through the entire experience. We would no reservations in recommending Breuax Vineyards to anyone looking for an amazing location to host their wedding.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Roger & Susan, Thank you for the kind review! It was great working with you all and being a part of your special day. It was lovely to see you over the weekend, and I am looking forward to seeing you here in the future! Can't wait to see pictures! Thank you again, and take care Reagan Morris Events Manager

Cassandra · Married on 09/24/2011

This place has the best scenic view!!! We were helped by Reagan Morris, and she was the best help with all the wedding planning we did!!! Worth all the money!

Jon · Married on 09/17/2011

Seeing as how Breaux Vineyards is consistently voted the best winery in Virginia, I don't think I need to sell how absolutely beautiful their property is out in Purcellville. The moment we saw it, we knew we wanted to get married there. And that's where the staff came in.

We worked with Reagan Morris who was wonderful to work with. Although we had a wedding planner, Reagan was the point person at Breaux who contracted with the tent company and did everything else behind the scenes. She was responsive, friendly, and very competent in everything she did for us.

On our big day, everything went smoothly. They were actually in the middle of harvest but they managed to keep the area looking beautiful and since it was cold, they opened up the tasting room so folks could warm up a bit. We have nothing but great things to say about Breaux Vineyards and Reagan!

Emily · Married on 10/25/2010

We had our wedding here on 9/25/10 and the staff was amazing. We worked with Reagan Morris to set up our day, and she was great. She had a lot of good suggestions when it came to choosing wine and even stopped us from making a few not so good decisions. At one point, we wanted to have a wine tasting during cocktail hour - and instead of just saying ok (and adding another few hundred dollars to the bill) she told us about her experiences and how most times people are more interested in mingling outside than coming inside to do the tastings. In the end, I'm really happy that we took her advice.

Ok - but more about the venue.....It is stunning. Absolutely stunning. You'll pay a little more than smaller vineyards, but its worth it for the pictures that you'll have. The staff is very friendly and will negotiate with their preferred vendors to get you a good deal on tent rentals (though, you don't HAVE to use their vendors).

Overall, it was a great experience and I highly recommend taking a look when deciding where to hold your vineyard wedding.

Heather · Married on 08/31/2008

The setting was perfect, the wine delicious, and the quality of service was unbelievable. This is by far the best vineyard in northern Virginia for a wedding. Jennifer Blosser, Regan and the rest of the staff did an outstanding job creating a beautiful, elegant, and gracious atmosphere. We never imagined our wedding would turn out so perfectly-- and there is no way we would have been able to do it without Breaux Vineyards. They helped us work through all the details and were always a step ahead of us. We are so, so glad that we picked Breaux Vineyards for our wedding.

Sent on 09/28/2008

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Heather and Brian, Thank you for your review! It was such a pleasure working with you and being a part of your special day. I hope to see you again soon! Best wishes to you as you begin this new chapter of life together. Sincerely, Jennifer

Carrie · Married on 09/10/2016

What can I say about Breaux! The venue is absolutely stunning and was the perfect scenery for our wedding day. We could not be happier with our choice to get married at Breaux Vineyards! Reagan was wonderfully accommodating and helped us every step of the way. Thank you Breaux!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Hi Carrie, Thank you so much! It was absolutely a pleasure to work with you on your special day. I have seen a few of your pictures and they turned out absolutely beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you at Breaux in the future, please say hello next time you are out here. Thank you again! Cheers!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/01/2010

We searched a number of in vineyards in Northern Virginia for our wedding ceremony and reception and none was as beautiful as Breaux. With Breaux you are right next to vines, and surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. The sunset is gorgeous! Our guests kept commenting that it felt like a fairy tale wedding because of the setting - it was magical.

The wine tasting building and patio are available for use during the reception. The building is beautiful - designed in a tuscan style - really creates a great atmosphere. Being able to use Breaux's patio furniture for the cocktail hour reduces your need for extra catering-related costs like tables and chairs.

The wine is good, but not the best I've had in Virginia. That said, certainly not the worst. We did a wine tasting during the cocktail hour and our guests said they had a good time with that.

The Breaux Staff - particularly the folks you interact with to plan the wedding - were very kind and helpful. They have lots of experience and though we did not have problems on our day, they seemed to be the kind of people that would go out of their way to try to help if something unexpected happened.

The downsides to the venue are:
    1. The lack of a "getting ready" area and restrooms for guests -- The wedding party got ready at the hotel (in Reston) and drove to Breaux (which is about a 45 minute drive) dressed in their tuxes and dresses. I got ready, but didn't put the dress on until we arrived at Breaux - we used the Bottling Room - which is where they hide the bride until the ceremony.
    Re: the restrooms - only the bridal party is allowed to use the Breaux restrooms in the tasting room. All other guests have to use the restroom trailer we rented.

I heard that they are looking into building a facility for weddings that would take care of these issues.

2. Other Vendor Costs -- though the Breaux Venue Price seemed reasonable for the location -- it lacks facilities to handle a medium to large size wedding - so everything has to be brought in. Restroom trailers, Tent, catering company complete with tables, linens, dishes, etc. All of this adds up. Our budget for the wedding more than doubled primarily because we didn't realize how much these other costs would be. If we had known, we probably would have chosen a different venue because we wouldn't have been able to stomach the True Cost of choosing Breaux. That said, ignorance can be bliss, and I'm glad we had our wedding at Breaux -- it was beautiful and I will treasure it for the rest of my life. Thankfully, God provided the extra money we needed to cover the additional cost.

• auccello

Amy · Married on 10/24/2009

Breaux Vineyards was absolutely exceptional! The site was gorgeous, the wine delicious and the services that they provided were outstanding. Reagan was so attentive and helped me to locate all of the details that I needed to truly make this a magical evening for everyone. The value for money is worth it and the site is exceptional. They provided whatever we asked for and took care of our friends and family as if they were their own. I couldn't recommend a more stunning location and fabulous team; and the wine was what brought us there in the first place!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I got married here on October 10th. We knew we wanted a vineyard wedding and looked at a ton in the Northern VA area. Most of the vineyards we looked at were a little too rustic for what we had in mind... until we got to Breaux. As soon as you pull up to their property, the views are breathtaking. They were doing construction on their new tasting room which finished before our wedding and the space is gorgeous. The wedding receptions are held in the Grand Acadia ballroom and it has hardwood floors and beautiful chandeliers- exactly what we were looking for as we wanted a more elegant vineyard wedding.

It was always easy for us to get in touch with our contact at Breaux (Kathleen) and she was always very helpful with any questions I had.

When it came time for the big day - it was definitely tough trying to get everything in place in time for our ceremony start time. They only allow you to come to the venue 2 hours prior to the ceremony whether it's the wedding party trying to get ready or vendors trying to set up. Due to the time crunch I wasn't able to get certain photos out of the way before the ceremony and I could tell the vendors were struggling to get everything in place. It worked out though! Just a little stressful. The only other complaint I have was that in the middle of the reception my husband was told him and his groomsmen had to get all of their belongings out of the lock and key room (Where they got ready- another room near the reception space). We were unaware of this and it was in the midst of when we were trying to do our cake cutting. It would have been nice to know ahead of time so he didn't have to miss any of the reception.

Overall, Breaux is a beautiful venue. Everyone that works there is so professional and helpful.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Thank you, Liz, for taking the time to write a review about your beautiful wedding at Breaux Vineyards. We are so glad you chose Breaux out of all of the vineyard venues you looked at in the area. It was a pleasure working with you all throughout your planning process, and a good experience to get to work with new vendors you chose who had never worked at Breaux before. I’m sorry to hear you felt rushed during the set-up before your ceremony, but I am sure your vendors had everything in place before your guests arrived, making the event seem seamless to those attending. I apologize that you were unaware of the rental period of the room for the groomsmen, I had no idea you were interrupted to remove your items from this area, especially during your cake cutting! Our staff is here overseeing the site during the event, which is why we stay behind the scenes during your wedding, so you can fully enjoy the evening with your friends and family. Again, I apologize if this caused any stress or confusion, which is the last thing we want for our couples. Thank you for the kind words about the staff and venue here at Breaux Vineyards, we really enjoyed working with you and your vendors, and hope to continue to see you and Matthew at Breaux again soon! Cheers, The Events Team at Breaux Vineyards