Brannan Entertainment Reviews

55 | Temecula, CA

55 Reviews for Brannan Entertainment

Breanna · Married on 10/06/2018

Jay was awesome!! He made everyrhing easy and straight forward. It was very easy to pick music from his website. Our guests were out of their chairs dancing the whole time! We highly recommend him!

Madison · Married on 07/07/2018

From the very beginning Jay was extremely accommodating. He set up a meeting with me 6 months in advanced and made me feel like everything was taken care of through out the whole experience. He is unlike others in that he genuinely cares for the quality of his service and his clients' happiness. Jay tapped into the heartbeat of our wedding and our guests could not get enough of him. Thank you, Jay, for creating an experience that we will never, ever forget.

Cari · Married on 07/01/2018

Jay was great, was quick to answer any questions we had during the planing process. The website he has for creating the song list had a large selection, and if anything wasn't there you can request it. We had him mix hits from today with Afghan Style music and it sounded great, he did a really good job pleasing everyone in the crowd. Our guests danced all night and no cheesy, outplayed, "traditional" wedding songs were played, which is exactly what we requested. I would recommend Jay to any family and friends, especially if they want to mix different cultural music like we did. Thank you Jay!

Connie · Married on 06/01/2018

Jay was fantastic! He made our weddding so fun, I would not change anything about our experience with Jay except.....we would have had him stay long at our wedding!!! Thanks Jay for being the perfect DJ on such an important day. Connie and Mike

• CarlynandEric

Carlyn · Married on 12/29/2017

Jay is hands down the best DJ out there!!! He definitely made our wedding one to remember and also made the entire planning experience a breeze. People are still messaging me days after saying they can't get over how epic the dance party was!! Even the cocktail songs and dinner songs were beyond perfect. He created a vibe that got everyone comfortable and ready for fun!! He is incredibly talented with his ability to get the crowed on their feet dancing, while introducing those emotional songs without skipping a beat. Can't thank Brannan Entertainment enough for the outstanding memories, and sore feet ;) Our go to DJ for everything here on out!

Joshua · Married on 11/03/2017

Amazing Professional DJ

Absolute professional with tons of experience. Made the night super special. He fielded all the audibles we threw at him and provided amazing music through out the evening.

Louise · Married on 07/02/2017

Jay KILLED at our wedding - he is undoubtedly what guests were talking about most, and everyone raved how great the reception music was. We had a blended Iraqi-American wedding and had limited choices due to venue restrictions - so my husband was nervous to not get an Arab DJ, but I knew right away Jay would handle it. He was super patient with us, met up with us several times, and even made us a few sample transition tracks blending Iraqi and American songs... then my husband relaxed because he realized we were in good hands. We also just learned from our coordinator that Jay had spent a ton of time researching, even going as far as having some Arabic lyrics translated so he could keep on "'theme" between the songs which really impressed us. He kept everyone dancing the whole night - Arabs, Americans and even my grandma! - but Iraqis were especially impressed since they have been to so many other weddings with poorly done Arabic music. But Jay had told us "I just know the BEAT" and that's true - I would trust him with any kind of music or event and feel confident he'd get it just right. Plus as an MC Jay is such a pro - I liked how he checked in with me throughout the night to adjust the timeline (e.g. giving us more time at the photobooth before kicking off the traditional festivities) and was flexible with our wishes (I didn't want too much "fanfare" and he kept all the announcements toned down but still enthusiastic). He takes his job extremely seriously, which comes through in his work - the mics, the lighting, and the general atmosphere (I did not stress about him at all, I knew he would be there early, stay late, and wouldn't even take breaks!) Everything was perfectly timed and done just the way we wanted it, from pre-ceremony to the last song. I can't recommend him highly enough!

Erica · Married on 05/13/2017

Jay was amazing! I had reached out to a few other DJs before and after meeting with Jay I knew he was the one for us. It was a perfect match and we knew he would be the best fit for our wedding. He was always checking in with me to make sure everything was up to my liking and he never missed a beat. We didn't want the night to end! People were having so much fun and he definitely knows how to feel the audience. If they want hip hop he will keep that going and the same if your group is more into jazz or country or whatever, he knows how to keep the party going and everyone having a good time. The DJ can make or break your event and Jay is by far the best! 100% recommend to others :)

Simone · Married on 12/31/2016

Jay is the wedding DJ of your dreams! He loves what he does, sees entertaining your guests as a challenge and always puts the bride and groom first. That being said, every guest I had (and we had a diverse crowd) LOVED the music. He kept them out on the dance floor all night! He controls the pace at the wedding and goes above and beyond to make sure you're happy in that moment. Before my wedding, I didn't realize how much time you end up spending with your vendors at the wedding but they really are the people who make it successful so you should definitely hire people like Jay. My wedding rained out and he moved mountains (and speakers) to make me happy with the changes, and reminded me of my vision in spite of the rain (which ended up including our first dance as a couple happening in the courtyard in the rain because that's the space I had envisioned). He encouraged me to go after what I wanted and those memories will last a lifetime. If I could give Jay 10 stars I would.

Kristin · Married on 09/04/2016

We recently used Jay for our wedding. From beginning to the end, he was completely professional and always responsive. We loved that he was far more organized than many other djs we considered. He has a huge musical selection, and was very focused on creating a musical experience centered around our tastes and personality. The day of he kept the party going and read the crowd well. Everyone had an absolutely amazing time dancing. He even threw in one last song as background music that was perfect for our crowd. Can't recommend him more!

D.J. · Married on 08/13/2016

Stop looking now -- Jay is your guy. His passion for music and his CREATIVITY is outstanding, and he was very flexible and able to roll with the punches as plans changed and new things came up. During the wedding, he does an incredible job of keeping things on the timeline and being an incredible help in every regard.

Honestly, there wasn't a single thing I could say that Jay could do better as our DJ. And he's an outstanding guy -- super funny and very easy to chat with. You'll love talking music with him.

I'll happily recommend him to all my family and friends. He's incredible.

He is an amazing DJ and was very open to letting us pick the songs and assist us with anything we needed!

Kelly · Married on 04/22/2016

Excellent DJ!!!! Great person and perfect personality for our wedding day. Jay really takes the time to get to know you, your style, and exactly what you want for your day. He really customizes your request to make it unique and make sure the music represents you and your day. During the event he was amazing!!! He was constantly interacting to see what we wanted and to take "head nods" or "looks" when we were ready for the next song. He was truly invested in ensuring our guests had a great time!!! He provided a lot of really good suggestions and walked along side through the entire process. He was the best investment for our wedding. He truly was amazing and cared about what was important to us..... Which was having a great time celebrating our special day with our family and friends. We would highly recommend him for any event. Our friends and family continue to rave about how amazing our dj was and we know they would use him for future events. A dj can make or break an event..... Jay will make your day amazing!! Thanks for everything Jay!! --Jess and Kelly

Nicholas · Married on 03/12/2016

Jay was amazing. He made the evening run as smooth as possible so we did not have to worry about anything except having a good time. He's very positive and energetic, which sets a great vibe at the wedding. We could tell he was very experienced. He was able to answer all our questions and had lots of fun ideas. He was really able to put us at ease on all things we were stressing about. I would highly recommend him. We could tell he was really focused on making our night special for us. We are forever thankful and grateful to him because we had an absolute blast at our wedding and he was a huge part of it.

Maggie · Married on 10/11/2015

Jay was an incredible DJ at our wedding!!! He helped us pick the perfect music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He kept the audience engaged and having fun the entire night. I don't think there was a single second the dance floor was empty. Jay was extremely prepared and professional. I know we'll be having him DJ for us again in the future.

• W

Warren · Married on 10/10/2015

Jay did an outstanding job at our wedding. At both the ceremony and the reception, the music selection and management of the timeline were superb. We met with Jay a couple of times before the wedding, and we knew once we met him that the reception was going to run smoothly and be a lot of fun. He had a number of ideas for getting all of our guests involved at the reception and for making the traditional events like the first dance/toasts/etc. run incredibly smoothly. Any anxiety about the timeline of the wedding day melted away as we were able to brainstorm with Jay on the sequence of events and work out some of the music selections together.

We could tell from the very beginning that Jay had many years of experience DJ'ing weddings. His experience and professionalism were readily apparent from how he expertly managed the events at the reception and handled the microphone. But what was really cool was that he still maintained the same warm enthusiasm every time we met him; we could tell that he really wanted us to have the best day possible. And let's be clear: we met with a few other DJ's before Jay, and we definitely did not get that same warm vibe from the others. It was the little things that we were impressed with, like how he came up and talked to us throughout our wedding day to make us feel at ease and relaxed. Unquestionably, he was an important part in making our wedding a fun and memorable day for us. Jay is a great guy and we highly recommend him!

• Amie

Amie · Married on 09/19/2015

Both my husband and I loved working the Jay. We met with him before the wedding and just talked music. He understood our vibe, music tastes, liked how diverse we were with what we wanted played and he made it all happen!

He has a really easy and useful website that allows you to create the playlist you want and add notes to special song choices. He was positive the whole time, checked in with us and made sure that we weren't missing on any specific song choices.

He was great for our wedding and I would hire him again for any large scale events

Silvia · Married on 11/22/2014

We had the pleasure of having Jay Brannan as our DJ at our wedding last November. We originally contacted another DJ who was not available for our wedding date, but he then highly recommended Jay. We are sure glad Jay's colleague send us his way because we enjoyed our first visit and follow up visit with him. Very cool guy! We told him about all the events we wanted to have for the wedding including a traditional dance before the bouquet/garter toss. He was very helpful, flexible and supportive and helped make everything possible. We liked the music account he set up for our music list, everything was super organized. We also really wanted cumbia music and he had a great selection! On the wedding day everything was great! All of our planned events and music was perfect. All our guests, my husband and I had a great time! I remember so many people were dancing and when we finally saw the wedding video we saw so much more of all the fun people had, especially on the dance floor! Thank you Jay for being part of the special day and providing such awesome entertainment for everyone!

Chelsea · Married on 09/20/2014

We were fortunate enough to have many great vendors for our wedding, but Jay stood out from the pack. During our planning phase, we had met with 5 or 6 potential DJs that each had glowing reviews, but during our meetings we were vastly underwhelmed with the conversation and ideas presented. That wasn’t the case with Jay. From the moment we met him we could tell he had unique ideas and a tremendous amount of confidence and passion in what he does. Every meeting we had, we left feeling less stressed and much more comfortable with the plan for the evening. We had a few unique requests for the evening that Jay worked seamlessly into the order of events and he was quick to warn us of things he’d seen fail in the past, and then give us advice on a way to alter our idea to work more effectively. His ideas worked every time.

During the reception our dance floor was always full and there was never a dull moment. Each event throughout the night felt like it was transitioned into and out-of flawlessly and the “open dance” times in between were just the right length and had just the right blend of music to keep everyone amped and in a festive spirit. While it wasn’t his job at all, he also filled in as a reserve coordinator at times and helped us a few times throughout the night with things outside of the entertainment realm. His attitude and positive energy was infectious and rubbed off on everyone he interacted with throughout the evening.

We would highly recommend Jay for your event (especially wedding) with 100% confidence that you won’t be disappointed.

Jenna · Married on 09/06/2014

Jay went above and beyond for our wedding. He made everything absolutely special for us and put every detail and effort into making our day so special. We came to him with a special request for the father daughter dance and he made sure it was flawless. There are not enough words to describe how amazing of a job he did for our wedding. And now he will be a lifelong friend to us. We are truly blessed to have met him and honored to have him be apart of our wedding. Thank you Jay!

Paul · Married on 07/27/2014

Jay did an awesome job of playing the appropriate music at the right times. He kept the dance floor packed the entire time and is extremely easy to work with. He also does a very good job of assisting with keeping schedule of celebration items on point. I highly recommend him as a wedding DJ if you want to have a good time at your wedding.

Crystal · Married on 06/14/2014

Jay was basically amazing at our wedding. He got a feel both for the kind of music my husband and I like, as well as what kind of music would appeal to our guests. The result was perfect! I LOVED the music played at the wedding and many guests also commented on it. We did not have much of a dancing crowd, but by the end of the night the dance floor was groovin' (yes, I just typed groovin'....).

There is so much more to do in a wedding than simplay play great music, and Jay was perfection at all of it. From music in the ceremony and reception, announcements, and staying on top of what was going on, to me our wedding day went by without any issues. In addition, Jay was very accomodating prior to the wedding date with driving to various locations to meet and make sure he knew what I wanted - I could tell he wanted my wedding to be as perfect and awesome as I wanted it to be, and it totally was.

Basically, if you have the opportunity to hire Jay as your wedding DJ, I highly recommend you do so! He is awesome and he definitely knows what he is doing.

Jamie · Married on 04/12/2014

If you're looking for someone who is professional, knowledgeable, talented and the best in his field, look no further then Jay Brannan. Jay makes it clear from the first meeting that this day is about the two of you (which is exactly what you want!), he takes his work seriously and it shows. I first heard about Jay when he played at my brother's wedding 6 (almost 7) years before, not only did he remember their wedding, but he knew them by name! At their wedding I remember how much fun it was, everyone (and when I say everyone, I mean it!) was up on their feet dancing and having the best time (we still talk about that night!). So, we really wanted the same for our day... needless to say Jay absolutely gave that to us! It was PERFECT! Jay listened to everything I had asked for and made the day totally about us! He even rolled with the punches when we nix over & over to relive that wonderful day!ed the cutting of the cake...we aren't super traditional & it totally worked for us not to have it. My only complaint is that I wish I could relive that day again and again :)

Liana · Married on 10/27/2013

Jay with Brannan Entertainment was amazing to work with and a godsend the day of our wedding! Leading up to the wedding, he answered all of our questions and even took the time to stop by our reception venue to see the layout in person since we were having a very intimate wedding and no dance floor. Since we were planning our wedding from out of state, Jay was very easy to communicate with and even offered great advice/tips when needed.

Another thing about Jay is that he is also ordained with the state of California. This actually came in handy for us when our original officiant passed out right in the middle of our ceremony! Amid all of the chaos and once the paramedics left, Jay readily stepped in and finished our ceremony!

Offering a great selection of music, my husband and I were extremely impressed with Jay's ability to read the room and gauge the overall mood. Even though my reception site did not have a designated dance floor, Jay's energy and music selection had our guests dancing between the tables!
    I could not recommend Brannan Entertainment and Jay enough for future brides. I planned our wedding in about 5 months, but our DJ was one less thing for me to worry about after choosing Jay. And I will also add that having a backup officiant (especially someone like your DJ) is probably a good idea for your wedding day!

Ryan · Married on 08/24/2013

We couldn't be happier with Jay and Brannan Entertainment. Jay was also the DJ at both of my sister's weddings a few years ago. They were both extremely happy with him, and I was impressed with his ability to keep their party flowing. Just to be sure we covered all our bases, my wife and I contacted several other DJ's, but after meeting with Jay the choice was obvious. Unlike many of our other vendors(and many of the other DJs), Jay made us feel confident and at ease about our event every time we talked to him. He gave us great suggestions and answered all our questions using his wealth of wedding experiences and told many stories that made us laugh and put all our fears to rest. Jay went above and beyond during the planning process, answering many questions sometimes unrelated to DJing. During the event he was the first vendor to arrive, and was able to setup and be ready to go with plenty of time to spare even though our table rentals(including his table) were almost 45 minutes late! During the reception he kept the party flowing and dancing until the very last song! Many of our guests commented on what a fun evening they had with us which is exactly what we were shooting for. Jay responded well to the many changes that happened to our schedule, such as the food being half an hour late, and ensured the many heartfelt toasts were 'evenly spread' throughout the champagne toast period. Every time a guest requested an 'interesting' song or dance (such as polka?!) he unobtrusively found us and asked us if the request were acceptable. He managed to fit in all of our requests at a great time even though some of them were quite bizarre ("All I Want for Christmas Is You" during an August wedding?! (See his video on youtube to see how successful it was!)) and he filled the gaps with great music all night long. Honestly we couldn't have imagined a better DJ for our reception. Thanks so much Jay!