Brandy Reviews

76 | Arlington, MA

76 Reviews for Brandy

• Star

Star Nation · Getting married on 07/10/2021

Perfect view everything was perfect

I love the venue it was the most beautiful and amazing place to have a wedding at i believe everyone will love it

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Busto · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Amazing Talented Band!

Brandy was absolutely amazing! They are incredibly talented and were able to play such a great playlist that had our guests dancing all night! Working with them was a breeze, they answered any and every question and were fabulous MC's the entire night long. Brandy Band made us truly feel special and we also knew our guests were taken care of and having so much fun dancing the night away. I am still getting compliments from our guests. I highly recommend booking Brandy- you will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Mason · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Wedding Band

Phenomenal performance from start to finish! Brandy band did an excellent job, played what the audience wanted, and kept everyone dancing all night long. Everyone absolutely loved the band! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Michele

Michele Migliaccio · Married on 12/28/2019

Best experience we could have hoped for!!

My husband Steve and I got married on 12/28/19 at Bill Miller's Castle in Branford, CT. We knew we wanted Brandy Band at our wedding after hearing them live at a friend's wedding a couple years ago. After speaking with Steve, we felt so confident that we were making the right choice. (We had previously been on the fence between having a band vs. a DJ.) Steve told us they do DJ services as well, so they would also be able to play certain songs that we wanted the actual version of.
    This band rocked the house!!! Every single song was spot on for the moment, and they do an amazing job of reading the crowd. We gave them a pretty long list of songs, and they picked all the right ones to play! Everyone was on the dance floor!! All our guests had a ball. Steve did a wonderful job of being our "MC" for the night, introducing our whole bridal party and coordinating the speeches and special dances. Brandy band truly made our wedding, and we are so grateful!! Highly highly recommend them!!

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • sandy

sandy · Married on 10/18/2019

Wowwwww!!!!

From the ceremony to the end of the night Steve and the Band were amazing and I could not be happier with this band! They were knowledgeable and easy to express our needs to!! Perfect

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Nudd · Married on 09/14/2019

Such a blast!!

Asking Brandy to play at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. They are simply so much fun and so great to work with! They had our guests on their feet the second they started playing until the very last song. The music and dancing is one of the top compliments we receive from our friends and family! They took the time to learn two songs for us, which meant a lot to us, and they had a great set list. They came highly recommended to us and we would recommend them again and again! Thank you Steve and the rest of the band for making our reception such a blast!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Brandy's reply:

Thanks Kelly for allowing us to take part in your special day! You have such a fun family! It was our pleasure to provide the music and bring the party to the dance floor! We hope to see you again at one of our public performances. Best Wishes for many years to come.
  • Krista

Krista Murphy · Married on 09/14/2019

Brandy Band Keeps the Party Going

I did not meet Steve until he was about to introduce my new husband and I to our guests and I already couldn’t stop thanking him for going above and beyond what I had hoped for. From the start Steve was a pleasure to work with and Brandy delivered more than was promised on my wedding day. They put on an amazing performance and kept everyone dancing right up to the last song. I highly recommend Brandy to anyone planning a wedding in New England who wants main stream music played live for a reasonable price.

While searching for vendors, a manager of a band that I had not chosen due to their price recommended another band he worked with that was within my budget. When I told him that I was leaning towards hiring Brandy he quickly replied that if I liked Brandy I should go with them. Not only did this competitor have many positive things to say about Steve, but he guaranteed that I would be happy if I chose Brandy. And so I did.

Selecting a band without hearing them play is difficult; however Brandy made the process simple. Their website has plenty of sound clips and videos of them performing to show exactly how they sound. These videos are not altered to look like a music video or dubbed, they are real. Also it is clear from the amount of time the band has been together that the same members of the band from the videos would be the ones performing at my wedding. This was comforting because I read so many bad reviews of other vendors who hook you with a great lead vocalist at a wedding event and then trade them out for someone different at your wedding (even when brides specifically write that person into the contract). Sure enough, I recognized the whole band from the website when I first saw them.

The venue where my reception was held was complicated in that cocktail hour was outside, dinner was in a tent and dancing was inside. Most vendors would only offer one set up location, but Steve happily modified the contract to have Brandy provide speakers outside and have a piano and guitar play in the tent (due to noise restrictions of the neighborhood) before the full band performed on the dance floor. Not only was music clearly audible outdoors as we drove in but I noticed that there was a full band set up in the tent. I was floored. Steve was able to convince the site owner that the full band could play outdoors without exceeding the volume levels he was concerned about and Brandy was willing to set up all of their equipment twice. I was so happy that my first dance could be to a live performance rather than a prerecording as I had anticipated. Despite the full band needing to move after dinner the transition was seamless.

Once the party really started, on the dance floor, it never stopped. Most weddings have lulls where everyone sits down to take a breather, but this did not happen. Partially due to my family’s love for dancing, but mostly thanks to Brandy’s ability to keep everyone on their feet. Brandy also provided lighting which really set the mood. The amount of tears in my wedding gown at the end of the night was a testament to how much fun I had dancing. I literally slid across the dance floor on my knees during the last song wanting the night to continue.

After the wedding everyone was raving about the band. Even the site owner shared how much he enjoyed them and plans to recommend them to future couples. If you read this far you must be seriously considering Brandy for your event, in which case go book them, you won’t regret it.

Sent on 04/05/2020

Mackenzie · Married on 08/30/2019

Has us dancing all night!

We had such a great experience working with the Brandy Band. Steven was always responsive and flexible with our day of schedule. The guests all had such a great time and were all impressed with the music selection and performance. Brandy Band truly helped make our night unforgettable!

Sent on 09/26/2019

John · Married on 08/10/2019

Steve and his band are true professionals and even better musicians!

Steve and his band are true professionals and even better musicians! Hiring Brandy Band to perform at our wedding was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. Steve was easy to work with and incredibly professional from the booking to the creation of the song list. With of all their years of experience singing together, Steve was able to make suggestions for the reception that we never would have, and they turned out to make such a huge difference in how the night went. From the guitarist and vocals at the cocktail hour, to the introduction of the wedding party and keeping the dance floor packed all night long, Brandy Band was absolutely superb! To top the evening off, Steve surprised us at the end by inviting all of our guests to the dance floor to line up with their arms up, creating a human tunnel for my wife and I to run through as the evening was ended. We got so many compliments from guests on the band, from friends and family both young and old, they truly know how to play to the WHOLE party and keep everyone on the dance floor with their song selection. The Band is unique as well in the fact that each member brings a unique sound, which allows them to play a diverse genre of music. Brandy Band made our wedding the amazing party that it was, and we are so grateful for the music and energy that they brought!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Holly Latulippe · Married on 06/30/2019

Brandy Band was amazing!

Brandy band was amazing! EVERYONE commented on how entertaining they were! They kept everyone on the dance floor having an incredible time. It couldn't have been better! They helped make our special day an incredible memory!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Brenda · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Terrific

Amazing! Everyone danced all night long! Steve and entire band were professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend for a wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Levesque · Married on 10/27/2018

5 plus stars!

We had an amazing time at our wedding. So happy we choose to have Bandy play at our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night. We appreciated the time Steve, the band leader took to make sure everything went smoothly as planned. Really, could not have been happier with the amazing, live sound of Brandy!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Reynolds · Married on 10/13/2018

We Danced All Night!

The band was totally amazing! Pretty much all 100 people at the reception exploded onto the dance floor as soon as they could, and it rocked all night. Everyone had so much fun.

Please tell all the band members how pleased we were. They just made the celebration about as joyful as it could possibly be.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Brandy's reply:

We had a great time performing for your family and guests! Thank you for allowing us to be part of the special day!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/15/2018

Professionals who got everyone dancing!

Steve and the whole team at Brandy were nothing but wonderful to work with from beginning to end. We got married in September '18, and not only did they make sure everyone got on the dance floor, but they handed the ceremony music flawlessly and helped keep everything running on time. They talked through all of our anxieties, our schedule, even our complicated parental situations and made sure that everything was handled the day of our wedding. Steve even sent us a worksheet beforehand to make sure everything was in writing and ready to go. I'd recommend them to anyone -- truly helped make our wedding day an amazing experience.

Sent on 08/04/2019

Erin Sadler · Married on 08/04/2018

Fun fun fun

Brandy was absolutely excellent. Excellent speaking voice, excellent intros, timing perfect, dress professional. Variety of songs excellent. Quality of equipment very high. They handled last-minute wedding ceremony request excellently. Live guitar at cocktail hour was great. My mom was a wedding planner for ten years and had remembered them as a good value and fun party band. Their website and videos are not fully representative of how awesome they are in person. Contemporary hits and classic dance tunes handled with ease. Had our entire reception up and dancing the whole time, people of all ages. They made our event without making the event about them. I had no big finish planned for my event, but Steve made the ending really special by having all our friends form a tunnel for us to exit through with bravado. My groom, who loves music, was really, really happy with our choice. We had a blast.

Sent on 02/08/2019

Bob · Married on 05/12/2018

I'm a musician, so I'm VERY critical when it comes to bands. Brandy was AMAZING! They played all the songs we wanted, and sounded perfect. A great & diverse set of songs. When I searched for a band on their various websites, all I heard was pre-recorded studio tracks. Brandy wasn't afraid to show their live performances, and they were outstanding. Best wedding band I've ever heard.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Denise · Married on 12/02/2017

I highly recommend Brandy Band for their outstanding musical talent and sound, their professionalism, their energetic delivery and ability to reach and energize a crowd of guests (ages 8 to 88), and the ease and joy of working with them.
    Brandy Band performed at my daughter's wedding in Jackson, NH, in December 2017, and we were thrilled with everything about them: their performance, their range of music, their rapport with our guests (our guests STILL rave about the great music and dancing), and their pre- and post-event follow-up service. Special kudos go to Steve, band manager-performer-MC, with whom it was a pleasure to work from Day One.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Jake · Married on 09/23/2017

Brandy Band was an absolute hit at my wedding! from the moment they took the stage everyone was up on the dance floor. They kept the energy up for the whole reception and were great hosts. Even invited some of the wedding party up on stage for an impromptu performance. I would encourage any one looking for a wedding band in the New England area to give Steve a call, it will be a party!

Sent on 12/14/2017

May S · Married on 09/03/2017

Easy to work with, reliable, and great entertainment

Brandy was so easy to work with. A few phone calls to get the details down, and they showed up ready to entertain all night. I found the price to be reasonable and the quality of the performance high. Many compliments from guests, and importantly no stress for me planning the wedding.

Sent on 02/16/2019

Meghan · Married on 09/02/2017

Brandy Band was a dream to work with and we have received so many compliments on their performance from our guests. They really helped make our wedding perfect. The pictures on here make them seem a little stuffy, but in person they were energetic, thoughtful, and attentive. It's really hard to judge these things online, but I'm so glad we ended up working with them.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 07/08/2017

I just wanted to send you a message to tell you how unbelievable the band was, people have been talking about it since they left the venue seriously it was 1,000 times more perfect than I could've ever even imagined.... you guys did amazing.... right down to fitting the Disney Wishes soundtrack to the fireworks!! I can't wait to share with you our videos from the special day so that you can see how awesome you guys were!

Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts we couldn't have asked for a better day and we were so happy that Brandy Band could be a part of it!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Bridgette · Married on 11/12/2016

They truly made our wedding. From the bridal party entrances to the human tunnel they had our guests create to lead us out, they made the entire night run smoothly. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Greater Boston area!!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Mary B · Married on 10/29/2016

As with every vendor who will be a part of your day, you want to have a connection with them, you want to feel confident in their ability to do their job with minimal stress on you. Brandy hit all of these qualities. So professional. We never had to chase them for information or feedback. They knew what had to be done and when and they made sure it happened.
    As for our night, the dance floor was filled all night with all guests. They played to the crowd and what we wanted them to play. There was a small problem at the venue (not due to the band) yet they fixed it quickly without any drama. After the wedding...so many guested commented"...and that BAND???Where did you find them? BEST EVER!?
    THANK YOU BRANDY!!!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Eben · Married on 10/22/2016

No advice. This was a great band!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Karissa · Married on 09/17/2016

We loved Brandy! Steve is great to work with. The band sounded amazing and people spent all night on the dance floor. I couldn't have asked for more. I would recommend them any day!

Sent on 12/12/2016