Branching Out Cakes Reviews

1 User photo

Branching Out Cakes 1
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 10/02/2010

Jill's an artist. Lots of people can make very beautiful cakes, often based on cakes they have created in the past. Jill is simply different - and better. My wife and I had a good idea for what style of cake we wanted (we couldn't find any pictures), and we explained that to Jill during our consultation. While she had us continue to look through a few albums, she sketched the exact cake we described, and in only a few minutes turned around the clipboard and said, "something like this?" Our jaws dropped. That was our cake. She gave us a few different options for look/feel, and it took very little time for her to identify EXACTLY what we wanted. Oh, and don't forget that her cakes are among the best we have ever tasted. It was a privilege to see how she uses white chocolate instead of fondant when possible - it was hard for everyone to believe! A class act, a pleasure to work with, and a creator of incredibly delicious art. Jill, thank you. Five stars doesn't begin to tell the story.

Sent on 11/10/2010

Kimberly · Married on 07/03/2010

wonderful, beautiful and yummy cake....people are still talking about it!

Sent on 12/02/2011

Rachael · Married on 04/17/2010

Jill from Branching Out Cakes makes the most remarkable wedding cakes. Her cakes our beautiful as well as taste amazing. She listen to us when we told her want we wanted and she delivered a remarkable cake. Thank you Jill.

Sent on 06/02/2010

Ginger · Married on 08/01/2009

Jill did a fabulous job on my cake. She came up with a design we really liked when first met with her. All of her cake flavors and fillings are delicious. I had to pick up more cake before the wedding to decide on the flavors as there were so many to choose from. She was very helpful, responsive, and friendly. The cake was beautiful and just as we had talked about. It was delicious and we received many compliments on it. For all the extra detail she put on it, she was more affordable than the Sonoma bakeries I looked at and tasted better too!

Sent on 08/27/2009

suzy · Married on 05/09/2009

Alright, the cake was FABULOUS, I knew after the tasting that it would be very good, but she out did herself on the wedding day. Originally, we picked Jill Branch because we had such a lovely meeting with her and her prices were very reasonable. Luckily for us it only got better. The cake design of five round tiers resting on a square pedestal stand and embellished with flowers. She incorporated the flower from invite that I designed based on the cover of a turn of the century book; I'm not sure how she managed to copy it so faithfully in chocolate.

The cake was yummy. We had alternating tiers of chocolate and tiramisu cake with butter cream icing. Sometimes it hard finding a wedding cake that tastes good, but we were floored on the first bite. Many, many guest had seconds (and thirds). It was a lovely experience and I highly recommend Jill Branch.

Sent on 06/02/2009

DEBORAH · Married on 09/07/2008

Everyone wanted more than one piece of cake, since it was SO delicious. Jill Branch and her staff bent over backwards to make sure we were satisfied with everything.

Sent on 09/23/2008
  • estrine

Emily · Married on 04/11/2008

I keep giving all my vendors 5.0 but they really deserve the praise. Jill Branch is no exception. My fiancee had trouble making the tasting appointment and Jill sent extra cake home just for him. That when we first knew we liked her. Once you try her cake you will be dissapointed with any other vendor. We had already decided to go with a different more expensive baker until our caterer said just go and try her cake. WELL!!!! she was right. We got the most moist cake I have ever had, I ordered extra because I know my guest. Many in fact had two piece which is totally unheard of for wedding cake. It was not only tasty but beautiful. And to top it all off it was 1/3 the cost of the baker we almost went with. Truely amazing!

Sent on 07/24/2008

Allison · Married on 08/04/2007

Really Yummy wedding cake. Jill was so great about helping me design my wedding cake. She also wasn't phased by me changing my mind a month before the wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2007

Lindsey · Married on 07/06/2007

Jill Branch of Branching Out was wonderful. She listened to what I wanted (a cupcake tower rather than a cake). SHe was knowledgeable and highly skilled in her field. She talked about how we could cut costs (i.e. use leftover cuttings from the florist to decorate around the cake). The tower was beautiful and the cupcakes were delicious! She even gave us a discount because we are both teachers.

Sent on 08/06/2008

annie · Married on 06/09/2007

One of the highlights of our wedding! We received so many compliments and Jill was amazing to work with in addition to making an incredibly tasty beautiful cake! They made more than enough for everyone and were very reasonable! They even made us our own flavor and the perfect design we were hoping for. PLUS they make you a fresh cake on your anniversary! I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 06/08/2008

Carol · Married on 05/19/2012

Jill from Branching out cakes was recommended to us by our caterer. They said that Jill was the ONLY cake person that they would recommend. Now I know why. Jill provided us with the best cake we have aver tasted. It was a work of art!!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Katey · Married on 03/06/2010

We loved working with Jill and her staff. We loved her design right away and I remember telling her "I didn't even know this is exactly what I wanted but it is." We were both a little surprised by how well she was able to take our simple ideas and a few pictures and create such a beautiful design.

When we arrived at the reception, we noticed a slightly different but beautiful cake. We had asked for color decoration & this cake was ivory. It also turned out to be fondant instead of buttercream frosting. After the wedding, we let Jill & her staff know about the differences in what we ordered & the cake we received. Jill was extremely apologetic and handled the issue like an absolute professional. We were really blown away by how much she & her staff believe in pleasing the customer and making sure they live up to their obviously high expectations. We can't wait until March when we get our 1 year anniversary cake & will continue to highly recommend Branching Out Cakes!

• Mr & Mrs Velasquez

Colette · Married on 08/07/2016

Great designs, asked for more flavors of chocolate for the cake tasting and only provided 1.
    Nonetheless still had other great flavors.

Sent on 02/19/2016